Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/05/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Can anyone imagine how different the conversation about fake news (propagated via blogs, Twitter, and Facebook) would've went if that lunatic, Raven, had been at the table? She should be required to view that segment after how much she prattled on about how she gets all her news from social media. She is a perfect example of the dumbing down of America.

I'm glad Sunny refused to allow Jedidiah to paint Mike Pence as some kind of saint. He's just as bad as Trump--the only difference is he can maintain a sense of calm. The policies and behaviors would be largely the same. And he's much more vile than Trump when it comes to LGBT issues. Thank you, Sara, for bringing it up. She must have a LGBT relative/friend who informed her because she never mentioned it before Nov. 8th.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, Sara, for bringing it up. She must have a LGBT relative/friend who informed her because she never mentioned it before Nov. 8th.

Her brother is gay.

• Love 9

Whoopi, I don't believe you have a "friend" that got a letter than her Obamacare health insurance was cancelled. 

I do believe someone has gotten a letter but just not a "friend" of yours.  That sounds like a Bitsy story. She always had these "friends" that popped out of nowhere!

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Sunny refused to allow Jedidiah to paint Mike Pence as some kind of saint. He's just as bad as Trump--the only difference is he can maintain a sense of calm. The policies and behaviors would be largely the same. And he's much more vile than Trump when it comes to LGBT issues.

Yep, Pence made it a felony in Indiana if someone provided false information on the application get a marriage license. Airhead Sara isn't going to like what could be coming for LGBT. If it wasn't for her brother, I doubt she would care.

• Love 4

I sorta love watching Joy when Miss Whoopi bellows out her increasingly lengthening "welcome to the view" chant.  She stares down at her blue cards, comes up stone-faced. I can only imagine what she is saying in her mind.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Yep, Pence made it a felony in Indiana if someone provided false information on the application get a marriage license. Airhead Sara isn't going to like what could be coming for LGBT. If it wasn't for her brother, I doubt she would care.

To be fair, isn't that the case for alot of people. Unless, an issue impacts you personally or somebody that you love, you don't really think about it, as much..I am going to defend Sarah on this..I will take her over Candace and Bitsy all day every day.  

I think Pence is even more dangerous than Trump because he hides under a veneer of  Christianity, respectability and calmness. He is measured and thoughtful in his response. He seems sane. Whereas, Trump will never be able to dissimulate his true feelings.  At least, You know where you stand with him.  Don't forget that Trump is a bottomless pit of need for attention and adoration.  He is an empty vessel...Pence is not and he feels that he has God on his side for his insane policies...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24

I watched Pence dance around a straight answer to Jake Tapper's question ... SEVEN times!!!  Jake wouldn't give up & Pence finally half-answered the question (about security clearance for the son of I forget who).  He's a master LIAR & AVOIDER!!!

• Love 17

I thought Jediblahblah said she has contributed to Breitbart in the past but today she said she has never been paid by Breitbart and some nonsense about her parents?

And enough Whoopi about checking your facts....you were rumoring about the letter about Obamacare and Household deductions. 

What did I miss?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I thought Jediblahblah said she has contributed to Breitbart in the past but today she said she has never been paid by Breitbart and some nonsense about her parents?

It's because the spotlight has been put on the xenophobia (anti-Semitism, homophobia, racism, you name it, they got your fix) propagated by Breitbart news because of Steve Bannon being connected to Trump, and Jedidiah wants to keep from being caught up in the smear. "I didn't get paid by them," yeah, but you wrote for them. And I'm sure it was more than Mother's Day posts or whatever flimsy lie she pulled out of her ass on the fly today. I couldn't help thinking today while she was talking that I can't believe we have one of these monsters plopped in a chair on daytime television. But don't worry, everyone, she's a Libertarian! lol

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Can anyone imagine how different the conversation about fake news (propagated via blogs, Twitter, and Facebook) would've went if that lunatic, Raven, had been at the table? She should be required to view that segment after how much she prattled on about how she gets all her news from social media. She is a perfect example of the dumbing down of America.

Hey whatever happened to Raven?  I thought she was going to still be on occasionally.  I can't remember the last time I saw her, though. 

Did they give her the Michelle Collins *poof* or something?  

• Love 2

Today Jedi (who wasn't wearing an ugly top today) made a comment about some people being "jealous" of the Kardashians?!!! That's a group that  will NEVER, EVER include me.

Please do count me as a member of the Joy Love Club. She's my favorite person on that show - probably the only thing that keeps me watching although I am warming to Whoopi lately thanks to her putting Jedi in her place. But today, I also don't buy her story about her "friend" getting cut off health insurance. 

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's because the spotlight has been put on the xenophobia (anti-Semitism, homophobia, racism, you name it, they got your fix) propagated by Breitbart news because of Steve Bannon being connected to Trump, and Jedidiah wants to keep from being caught up in the smear. "I didn't get paid by them," yeah, but you wrote for them. And I'm sure it was more than Mother's Day posts or whatever flimsy lie she pulled out of her ass on the fly today. I couldn't help thinking today while she was talking that I can't believe we have one of these monsters plopped in a chair on daytime television. But don't worry, everyone, she's a Libertarian! lol

If she considers herself a Libertarian then why did she write this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Outnumbered-Chronicles-Conservative-Jedediah-Bila/dp/0983576807/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481143141&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=jedididah+bila

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Hey whatever happened to Raven?  I thought she was going to still be on occasionally.  I can't remember the last time I saw her, though. 

Did they give her the Michelle Collins *poof* or something

The last time Raven was on she said she wouldn't be back in Jan. But would be there until the end of Dec. Maybe she will be back on once. Who knows with this show?

2 hours ago, fl2dc said:

How many times can Jedediah say "policy" in one episode? 

10 million- I counted when she would talk about Hillary.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watched Pence dance around a straight answer to Jake Tapper's question ... SEVEN times!!!  Jake wouldn't give up & Pence finally half-answered the question (about security clearance for the son of I forget who).  He's a master LIAR & AVOIDER!!!

Tapper was interviewing Pence about the son of Gen. Mike Flynn. Flynn is Trump's nom for head of national security, and Flynn Jr. who was on the transition team, had been retweeting about Pizzagate (Hillary, pizza, Podesta, sex ring, blah blah) and Trump was forced to fire him after someone almost got killed. On Tapper, Pence was talking in circles rather than confirm any of it.

Trump had to fire Flynn, Jr. but it disturbs me more than Gen. Flynn himself is no stranger to conspiracy theories: on the pizza/sex-ring stuff, he tweeted "U decide "NYPD Blows Whistle on New Hillary Emails: Money Laundering, Sex Crimes w Children, etc...MUST READ! "

• Love 11

The queen thing is annoying, but I like Beyoncé. There are much worse folks out there... like that bitch Nicki Minaj.Dont get me started.

I'm starting to loathe Jed.  I cant take much more.

At times Whoopi seems to have a good point... andthat scares me.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

And enough Whoopi about checking your facts....you were rumoring about the letter about Obamacare and Household deductions. 

What did I miss?

I found this, and just scanned it quickly but it looks like she wrote quite a few articles and many are political.  And she didn't get paid?

http://www.breitbart.com/author/jedediah-bila/

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedidiah wants to keep from being caught up in the smear. "I didn't get paid by them," yeah, but you wrote for them. And I'm sure it was more than Mother's Day posts or whatever flimsy lie she pulled out of her ass on the fly today. 

There are at least sixty articles written for that rag by Jedediah. At least three pages on the articles index, including several about Hillary. I didn't go beyond two pages because I didn't want to give them the clicks to raise revenue, but there are more.

Sickening that she would do that, and sickening that she would lie about it today.

ETA: Sorry, bannana, I didn't see your post before I wrote mine. We are thinking along the same lines!

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 15

I like that the View is trying to teach us about media literacy and how we should all make an effort to check the facts, but people don't really have time for that and there are times when the media will just push a story that is false. Weapons of Mass Destruction come to mind and the chocolate is good for your health one that Adam Ruins Everything made up.

So even if you check your facts and listen to different news sources, it's still hard to find the truth when it comes to certain stories, which is why people tend to turn to social media more and more.

I really like DJ Khaled, so the interview with him was fun to watch. His joy with life is infectious and I kind of want to read his book now.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:45 PM, Vinyasa said:

No, she didn't. Whoopi did call airhead Sara, "Sara".

I listened to it again and Whoopi says, "And there's something important that maybe Sherri you could help them with." It was right after they were talking about Jimmy Kimmel's baby announcement. It was a minor thing, but I thought it was funny.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 2

Bill O'Reilly is NOT happy with Joy:

O’Reilly Vows Not To Go On The View Because Joy Behar Insulted BFF Donald Trump

Bill O’Reilly sounded a lot like his crybaby BFF, Donald Trump, while lashing out at The View’s Joy Behar for being disrespectful to the president-elect. Of course, O’Reilly has no problem working on Fox where hosts are regularly way more disrespectful to President Obama.

I'm sure Joy is CRUSHED!

(the link is NOT to Fox News, it's to NewsHounds, a blog that reports on what  Fox News is up to.  )

Edited by backformore
  • Love 11

Birds of a feather flock together. I doubt Bill-o will keep his word on this. He'll show his ugly mug anywhere he thinks will help him sell those idiotic books he puts out.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Bill O'Reilly is NOT happy with Joy:

O’Reilly Vows Not To Go On The View Because Joy Behar Insulted BFF Donald Trump

I'm sure Joy is CRUSHED!

(the link is NOT to Fox News, it's to NewsHounds, a blog that reports on what  Fox News is up to.  )

HAHAHAHA!!!  I went to watch it on Fox News.  He is ridiculous, as always.  His view is that no one can say that Trump is bat shit crazy or not right in the head, as Joy said it.  Since he considers himself an historian, he should check out what the press etc said about Presidents since the beginning of the USA.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I listened to it again and Whoopi says, "And there's something important that maybe Sherri you could help them with." It was right after they were talking about Jimmy Kimmel's baby announcement. It was a minor thing, but I thought it was funny.

Oh, I'm sure she called her "Sara" at the baby passport thing....was the Jimmy Kimmel baby thing later?

10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I like that the View is trying to teach us about media literacy

That statement is so terrifying.  To be taught anything by these bozos (I'm excluding Joy and Sunny) is laughable.

10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

we should all make an effort to check the facts, but people don't really have time for that

That's how we wind up with our current President-elect.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I like that the View is trying to teach us about media literacy and how we should all make an effort to check the facts, but people don't really have time for that

If people have time to be on FB and Twitter and Instagram or watching youtube videos of cats dancing or whatever they have time to fact check things that are of importance to them and their well being and the well being of this country.  People will spend more time researching which players to draft for the fantasy football leagues than the policies of the people they elect to public office.

• Love 17

In my Sophia from "The Color Purple" voice - When CCB announced she was leavin da view, I knew there was a God!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!!!

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, pinkle6 said:

Is today Candace's last day?

They had to have fired her though, they were just waiting for the opportunity to announce and "ease" her out like Raven.

Yes, today is her last day.  I just KNEW after that smackdown she got a few Mondays ago that she was a goner.  I'm sure Paula is next.  

• Love 13

When they said Candace had a big announcement, I hoped it would be she’s leaving. The same thing happened with Raven. But I thought, “Nah, we’ll never be that lucky.” YAAAAAAY!!!

I don’t hate Candace though. She seems nice outside of political discussions, but she was never a good fit for this show. Now there’s just Paula left of the group being “phased out.”

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:
12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh, I do!  Now we'll be spared those meaningful glances between the BAB's (born again Barbie and born again broadcaster) that mean 'I can't believe we're here at this table of heathens!'

As a self-described heathen I wouldn't want to sit at any table with the BAB's.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I like that the View is trying to teach us about media literacy and how we should all make an effort to check the facts, but people don't really have time for that

Oh, the irony of the View panelists scolding people to check facts!

I was going to call CCB leaving a Christmas miracle but Jaded beat me to it. 

• Love 10

quote: "Candace is back and she has a YUGE announcement  that is changing View history." end quote.

Oh barf, but at the same time YAY!DANCE! Now can Jed go too? 

CCB's not going to be "super woman" anymore. Well, thank you jesus. 

• Love 12

I swear I cant decide who I wish to go next. Jed or Paula. BOTH! I used to think Paula was annoying but tolerable. Lately she has been enraging. I'm so glad CCB is out. Two more to go. I cant wish Whoopi gone yet bc she's made some decent points lately. I don't know how she pulled a decent thought out of her ass but she seems to have done that a couple of times lately.. I love and enjoy Joy; and Sunny has really grown on me. If it were only  the two of them a la Hoda and KLG I'd watch.

I'm so sick of Fuller House I could puke and I havenever watched it.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 13

Two down, one to go........but which one???

Don't need to know about anyone's undies. And of course CCB wears a thong bc she's so hot and the hottie religious .... whatever. I cant even finish that sentence. Go away.

Completely stupid and fake!

• Love 4
Just now, Vinyasa said:

Two down, one to go........but which one???

I'm open and flexible heheheh. Just pick them off one at a time and I'll do my prancy dance with hand gestures around the living room in a circle with high knees and swishy hands.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

If people have time to be on FB and Twitter and Instagram or watching youtube videos of cats dancing or whatever they have time to fact check things that are of importance to them and their well being and the well being of this country.  People will spend more time researching which players to draft for the fantasy football leagues than the policies of the people they elect to public office.

Bu that is not the case for everyone.  I think the people that put "fake news"  stories online bear some of the responsibility for distributing bullshit and calling it news.  I have a 90 year old relative who has a computer just to see photos and updates of grandkids.  His computer opens up to his facebook page.  He has shown me the news stories he sees, and does not believe that they are false - because to him, it reads like NEWS.  He gets the local newspaper online too, and believes the stories there.  He does not distinguish between something on an actual news site and the fake news.  If you try to discuss it with him he argues that "you're looking something up on the internet to tell me that I shouldn't trust what I read on the internet."  to him, it's "the internet" - either it's all  accurate, or it's ALL fake.  If every time he checks FB to see the latest video of his great-grandkids, there's a story in the margin, the headline of the story is registering in his brain, even if he never clicks on the story to read it.

• Love 4

The officer was in fear for his life from a man who is running away and the man was shot in the back BACK five FIVE times? Did I hear that right? Am I missing something?

Also, if you HAVE TO shoot someone why not shoot them in the leg? Especially if they're running away from you and not threatening you? at that moment. Apparently (even after seeing video) I don't have all the facts, but it seems like overkill to me.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think the people that put "fake news"  stories online bear some of the responsibility for distributing bullshit and calling it news.

Some of the responsibility, yes.  Like when Whoopi said some truly ridiculous anecdote about Obamacare, she is responsible.  But she is not responsible for the gullible people who believe it automatically.  Gullibility is alive, thriving and encouraged in the 21st century.  Poe said 'Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.' in the 1800's, this is nothing new.

• Love 6

I don't hate CCB, but not sad to see her go either. In fact, I was just thinking earlier in the week how I didn't miss her at all, and how much I was enjoying Sunny in that chair. Hopefully Sunny will be on all the time now.  

• Love 9

God is good ya'll! LOL! Just kidding. Let me act like I have some sense. LOL! 

Can't say I'm surprised Candace is leaving. That flying from coast to coast weekly was never really sustainable. She seemed uncomfortable and rarely really contributed when she was there. This was just never a good fit for her. And let's be honest, she didn't really need this job. So everybody wins.

• Love 10

CCB, you can spin ur departure anyway you'd like...but gurl... we all know you were fired!

I am still shocked her nutbag brother Kirk Cameron never made an appearance on the show. Not even on her B-day show.  I would have loved Joy to have interviewed him.

Buh Bye, Candy!

Edited by rags
  • Love 12