Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Ginger's Last Binger

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

And that story of her flushing his pills after lying to her about every detail they'd covered (age, children, addiction), I know those were tic tacs in an old aspirin bottle

And from the looks of him, he could really use those tic tacs. 

• Love 16

Catelynn,  annoyed the hell out of me this episode!  I feel for her at times,  but damn she was beyond frustrating.  Tyler,  who I can't stand,  actually seemed to be trying to bite his tongue and was reasonable about the horse. 

Absolutely! I was totally with Tyler on this one.

Is Matt truly this obsessed about tabloids, or is this just a plot line because he and Amber don't really have anything else going on? I can't imagine anyone wasting this much of their life worrying about what Perez Hilton says. And I don't really remember all the details about him tweeting Farrah, but is he actually claiming that someone used HIS Twitter account to do it? Give me a break.

And why is Taylor getting his own segments? He's just Maci's latest boyfriend (certainly won't be her last). I don't care about his friends and which one gets to be the best man.  I lasted about a minute before FFing through all that.

And Farrah. Ugh. What a disgusting person.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Could you would you please?

I feel bad, I'm a guy, and I never think it's okay to hit a woman, but seriously, she pushes it. If, for example, my grown daughter ever talked to my wife that way, she could expect a slap so hard she'd fall off the stool. I also loved that the producers basically felt like "What fury have we wrought?" as it was all happening. I hope they go to whatever Austin Applebee's bar and cry with each other about how when they were in film school, they were picturing themselves as the next Scorcese. 

• Love 17

My question is why does Debra put up with Farrah's abuse? I recognize that Debra was likely a nightmare to grow up with, but Farrah is just so awful to her it makes me cringe. Does she continue to try to have a relationship because of Sofia? Is Farrah supporting her? I just don't get it. When Farrah ordered the producer to get her out of her room, it was much like the queen ordering the prisoner to be brought in for their daily flogging. I do not understand why she doesn't just cut ties with Farrah. 

I cannot with Maci. That penis party was just so gross and OTT. I FFed through stripper section. And Taylor isn't much better with his bearded bros using the bidet. Did MTV pay for all that? If they did, they got suckered. 

I love that all Amber's scenes always start with the voiceover of Amber explaining why she can't visit with Leah. So why exactly were they in NY? What precluded Amber from her visitation? Don't tell me they went to meet up with that guy about the book and that was their sole reason for going? And who, pray tell, is going to buy Matt's book?

Cate was horrible this ep. I normally cannot deal with Tyler and his douchebaggery, but he had my sympathies. Buying a horse is a terrible terrible idea. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Madison Bumgarner said:

Holy shit, Matt is SO full of himself. Who the FUCK would read his God damned book? It would be full of lies anyway! Seriously, every episode now has a separate Matt section with one of his gossip girls calling him like a middle schooler and talking about ~the tabloids. And wow, Amber just finds ANY excuse to not see Leah anymore. "I'm so depressed, so I don't want to see Leah." But she can keep up with solitaire! And people hate you because LISTEN TO YOU! It's all about Matt, Matt, Matt and not your child.

WHO is publishing it?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

"YOu can board for anything from like $100 to $600 a month!"

Producer: "I thought he said more like a thousand."

Cate, angry: "NO! He said like six to eight hundred!" Uh, that's quite a bit different than $100, asshole. 

And I rewatched. The dude DID say some places cost as much as $1,000. It all depends on how much work you want to do vs. the facility. And, let's face it, we're talking Cate here. She's going to need a $1,000/month facility. 

26 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

My question is why does Debra put up with Farrah's abuse? I recognize that Debra was likely a nightmare to grow up with, but Farrah is just so awful to her it makes me cringe? Does she continue to try to have a relationship because of Sofia? Is Farrah supporting her?

I think it's both. Deb clearly adores Sophia and vice versa. I'd wager she's more of her mother than Farrah is. And we saw how Farrah got mad at Deb and demanded she not speak to Sophia. So can you imagine if she REALLY stood up for herself? The problem is, Farrah wants to have her cake and eat it too. She wants to be nasty to her mother, for all the shit from her childhood. But she still wants Deb to kiss her ass, care for Sophia, help with her businesses, etc. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Have the good people at Narcotics Anonymous heard of this miracle drug treatment called flushing pills? Thank the gods Matt made it to Ambers doorstep on time and she was able to work her magic. All he needed was her flushing the pills and he was cured?? No withdrawal? No shakes? No relapse? 

How can she just eat and excuse away of of his bullshit? Is the need to not be wrong that strong? He lies about his age. Lied about how many kids. Lied about how long he'd been "sober". 

What exactly did she fall in love with?

He lied about his age, too? FFS.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

And I rewatched. The dude DID say some places cost as much as $1,000. It all depends on how much work you want to do vs. the facility. And, let's face it, we're talking Cate here. She's going to need a $1,000/month facility. 

Of course, but my point is that the last time any horse was boarded for $100 a month, it was like 1877. No one ever mentioned $100. That's just a bald faced lie to her husband. 

• Love 14

First, I want to say, Lilit, I don't know if you read these comments, but your recaps are always so hilarious-thank u for making me laugh out loud every Tuesday while I read this-at work.

Second, all of the commenters on here are so funny, I look forward to reading these every week-I'm especially looking at u, Uncle Juice

I'm glad I found this forum because I don't know anyone who still watches this show. Unfortunately, I can't look away from this train wreck

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Of course, but my point is that the last time any horse was boarded for $100 a month, it was like 1877. No one ever mentioned $100. That's just a bald faced lie to her husband. 

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing. I was pointing out that she basically lied to him more than once about the costs. 

21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He lied about his age, too? FFS.

Yea, his excuse was that Amber TOLD him not to tell her he was 40-something. So what could he do? He had to say he was 37. 

Pffft. 

• Love 17

Ugh are strippers supposed to straddle you and dry hump you on stage? Cause being in the audience is one thing, but having some guys boner on you while you lie down horizontally in front of hundreds of people crossed a line. I can't imagine Tyler was too crazy about that segment. And Maci didn't even look drunk when she was pulled up there so that's not an excuse.

I actually felt for Debra.  Sophia bringing her that little pizza(?)  was sweet.  My heart really breaks for Sophia,  Farrah is just a horrible person and unfortunately she is who Sophia is stuck with. That little conversation between Sophia and Farrah, showed me what their relationship will be like.  Sophia expresses her feelings and Farrah shuts her down and tells her she's wrong.  Poor kid. 

Agree with you there. Sophia was being very sweet, and I liked seeing her stand up to her mom and telling her she was being rude. She had a "bitch, please?" look on her face when Farrah insisted she wasn't being rude. I bet Sophia sees how different things are in a school setting and that her teachers don't let her talk to other students that way. Sophia certainly isn't getting model behavior at home.

I think we're finally scratching the surface here on those "dark days" Farrah always likes to allude to. If Deb was being strange men into her home when Farrah was a little girl, that could be traumatizing. Maybe Farrah is lashing out at Deb constantly to punish her for the environment she grew up in. These people need real, non-TV therapists. And if Farrah hates Deb so much, don't fucking talk to her or have her stay over for 3 weeks. It's clearly not making either of them happy and it's damaging to Sophia.

• Love 14
Just now, ghoulina said:

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing. I was pointing out that she basically lied to him more than once about the costs. 

Can we even theorize about what $100 a month would cover for a horse boarding? Would they water it? Because it doesn't cover food. Shit, that probably doesn't even cover a blanket for the poor thing. And horses aren't once a week animals. That guy was WAY low when he said she'd need to spend 4 - 6 hours a week with it. I just feel like horses deserve so much more than that. And how sad did her dog look while she's folding laundry, talking about how much she wants a horse? Poor thing's lying on the floor, no one remembers its name, thinking "No one's put food in my bowl in two days, otherwise I'd take a shit in here to get some attention." 

• Love 10

And also Catelyn talked about bringing the horse to her house.  Can you just bring your horse to your regular residential home?  I assume you need horse things there.  Like a big ass field and a fence and hay and whatever else they need which I assume is a lot of stuff.  She seems to have no idea how anything works in real life.  And the panic attack thing makes no sense and I think she is confusing being stressed out or upset with "panic attack" because it makes no sense that she could be having a panic attack and then somehow get herself to the horse and on it while the panic attack is still happening.  I guess if she's home with Tyler he could drive her there and stay with Nova but what if Tyler is out?  As someone else explained here the other day,  (sorry I forgot who brought this up!)  she has to dump Nova somewhere, drive there herself, get the horse ready, and then ride it.  All while experiencing a panic attack?

• Love 13

Farrah: Stop being a bitch. Also, why are you asking Sophia to judge how you are as a mother? Shouldn't you be able to figure that out for yourself? In case you're wondering, you're a shitty mom.   Farrah and Deb need some real therapy. Whatever they're getting through MTV is not working.  Get ready, Farrah. Sophia is going to continue to treat you like shit, because that's what she sees.  I bet Daddy Derek is turning in his grave.

Maci: Your bachelorette party was nice. Did Taylor and his boys toast to Harambe?  Also, no one needs to train to drink a bunch of beers. 

Amber: You and Matt need to help yourselves before you can help his son. Also, if you want to show everyone how great of a person Matt is,  show us! Is there nothing positive to show?  Is Matt educated enough to write  a book?

Catelynn: The last thing that you need is a horse.  Is Catelynn following the Leah rule that her daughter can be naked 24/7?  Also, does Catelynn think that horse back riding is going to cure her? Isn't that what therapy is for? 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, poopchute said:

And also Catelyn talked about bringing the horse to her house.  Can you just bring your horse to your regular residential home?  I assume you need horse things there.  Like a big ass field and a fence and hay and whatever else they need which I assume is a lot of stuff.  She seems to have no idea how anything works in real life.

As loathe as I am to defender her, I believe Cate was talking about when they move into their other house, which is on quite a bit of land. 

• Love 2

She mentioned 2 acres, which sounds pretty big, but if you're a horse? I don't know. I picture Cate getting so frustrated with the horse not loving her enough or helping her enough or watching nova for her enough that she unbridles it, Jenelle style, in the driveway, and tells it to go free.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

As loathe as I am to defender her, I believe Cate was talking about when they move into their other house, which is on quite a bit of land. 

Ok perhaps.  But even then, wouldn't you need a barn or a stable or something?  Or can you just tie a horse to any old post and call it a day?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Ok perhaps.  But even then, wouldn't you need a barn or a stable or something?  Or can you just tie a horse to any old post and call it a day?

Well, that's what they do in those Gunsmoke reruns they're watching all day. Or just put it in the shed.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And I know we're beating a dead horse here (NO Catelynn pun intended) but WHY are they so obsessed with the tabloids? That's a rhetorical question, but still...Hell, Maci didn't let the tabloids destroy her good times. I know it's because Amber has built a life and career out of prancing around in front of the public so she has placed an over-inflated importance on what those suckers say about her, but their obsession with reading about themselves (and then basing their life choices on what others say) is extremely unhealthy. And narcissistic. 

IMHO, this is a genius marketing trick.  They ... I mean Matt ... figured if they keep talking about the tabloids, they'll generate interest from their "fans" about the tabloids, then Matt will publish a memoir to disprove the rumors in the tabloids, and he'll be a professional writer.

See?  He's got their life all figured out.  You can't pull a fast one over on our Amber!  She is usually pretty good at being able to spot bullshit, don'tcha know.

• Love 4

This is the part that made me laugh: Debra tells Farrah she wants to introduce her to her boyfriend/fiance and Farrah says no, not until you've known him for a year. Because her therapist told her that she shouldn't introduce Sofia to her boyfriends until they are serious / been dating a year. So Farrah is comparing herself to a 7 year-old? She thinks the same advice about introducing potential father figures to a child applies to her, a grown adult woman? 

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, JoannKB said:

This is the part that made me laugh: Debra tells Farrah she wants to introduce her to her boyfriend/fiance and Farrah says no, not until you've known him for a year. Because her therapist told her that she shouldn't introduce Sofia to her boyfriends until they are serious / been dating a year. So Farrah is comparing herself to a 7 year-old? She thinks the same advice about introducing potential father figures to a child applies to her, a grown adult woman? 

The ridiculous part about that comment was the fact Farrah picks and chooses what part of her therapy she will follow. I remember the therapist telling Farrah how her parents have made her and Sophia their priority to the point that they have left jobs. She mentioned they should be appreciated for their love and effort not the behavior Farrah dishes out to them.  I am sure the therapist has given some sound advice, but I doubt Farrah follows it. Farrah wants to be heard, not hear what she should be doing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, swishandflick said:

I think we're finally scratching the surface here on those "dark days" Farrah always likes to allude to. If Deb was being strange men into her home when Farrah was a little girl, that could be traumatizing. Maybe Farrah is lashing out at Deb constantly to punish her for the environment she grew up in. These people need real, non-TV therapists. And if Farrah hates Deb so much, don't fucking talk to her or have her stay over for 3 weeks. It's clearly not making either of them happy and it's damaging to Sophia.

I'm getting suspicious that one (or more) of these guys that Deb was sneaking into her home when Farrah was a kid somehow abused Farrah.  That combined withher parents' reactions when Farrah got pregnant and to Derrick's death; codependency (emotional and financial on both sides at different times); & the fact that both Deb and Farrah are huge control freaks = the dysfunctional, crazy mess we see Farrah & Deb living today (and Michael to some extent, too).

Poor Sophia is stuck in the middle of that mess. 

I wanna hear from these many lovers Deb was sneaking in and out the house throughout Farrah's childhood. Apparently Deb was quite the popular lady back in the day.

Also, this is just a good reminder for me....kids model what we do. Farrah used to sneak Derrick into her bedroom (Michael even found him there and I believe attacked him - the cops were called).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Since when has Farrah ever waited a year to introduce a "boyfriend" to Sophia?

Never. Which is why "Dr." Jenn advised her it is best to keep all boyfriends away from Sophia and to stop pushing these guys into the daddy role. The rule given was wait until the relationship has passed the one year mark. That is the advice Farrah was now throwing in Deb's face except it was ludicrous because Farrah was using that advice that was geared towards keeping boyfriends away from minor children, not adult females.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Have the good people at Narcotics Anonymous heard of this miracle drug treatment called flushing pills? Thank the gods Matt made it to Ambers doorstep on time and she was able to work her magic. All he needed was her flushing the pills and he was cured?? No withdrawal? No shakes? No relapse? 

How can she just eat and excuse away of of his bullshit? Is the need to not be wrong that strong? He lies about his age. Lied about how many kids. Lied about how long he'd been "sober". 

What exactly did she fall in love with?

My first thought it was a total manipulation stunt by Matt.  Make Amber think that he's popping pills and that she cured him by flushing them and that he became sober for her.  What a jack ass. 

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

My question is why does Debra put up with Farrah's abuse? I recognize that Debra was likely a nightmare to grow up with, but Farrah is just so awful to her it makes me cringe. Does she continue to try to have a relationship because of Sofia? Is Farrah supporting her? I just don't get it. When Farrah ordered the producer to get her out of her room, it was much like the queen ordering the prisoner to be brought in for their daily flogging. I do not understand why she doesn't just cut ties with Farrah. 

I cannot with Maci. That penis party was just so gross and OTT. I FFed through stripper section. And Taylor isn't much better with his bearded bros using the bidet. Did MTV pay for all that? If they did, they got suckered. 

I love that all Amber's scenes always start with the voiceover of Amber explaining why she can't visit with Leah. So why exactly were they in NY? What precluded Amber from her visitation? Don't tell me they went to meet up with that guy about the book and that was their sole reason for going? And who, pray tell, is going to buy Matt's book?

Cate was horrible this ep. I normally cannot deal with Tyler and his douchebaggery, but he had my sympathies. Buying a horse is a terrible terrible idea. 

Its because she wants a relationship with her granddaughter.  I can guarantee you it's the only reason she puts up with Farrah.  And oddly I can tell that Sophia and Deb have a really strong bond. It's unfortunate that Deb couldn't have a relationship like that with Farrah but that seems to be the way grandparents go.  My mom is the same way.  We don't have crazy family dynamics like them but my mom was scared my brother would get mad at something she wanted to say (which wasn't that bad and my brother wouldn't have gotten mad, he's too laid back) but she was scared he would prevent her from seeing her grandson.  Unfortunately that's a true reality for Deb. 

But Deb DID hit Farrah right? So I can see why Farrah is angry about Deb denying it. Wasn't that the slap in the car in the original season??

It's very clear from this episode that Farrah has some super deep rooted issues from her past with her mom.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, iheartla said:

Initial thoughts:

Farrah has an awful attitude and is incredibly rude... but I think she got a lot out this episode. She said her mom would sneak men into their house while she was growing up, her mom has been engaged a few times recently, and brought up being hit by her mom, which we all have witnessed. Debra denied everything and I actually believe Farrah. These aren't things you just make up. Debra is crazy, which resulted in Farrah being crazy. Farrah doesn't think she's crazy, but she is. Debra doesn't think she's crazy, but she is. 

Maci... you're not supposed to kiss the strippers. Taylor must have had one hell of a party that night to have such a hoarse voice the next day. Did Maci and Taylor pay for all of their friends to go to Vegas, or do they only hang out with people who can take time off work to party in Vegas? They certainly weren't slumming it either.

Amber... it's all bullshit. Matt always brings up "The Truth" literally, the phrase "The Truth" is that guy's catch phrase. Instead of writing a book about the truth, tell us on air. Nope, that won't work because Matt's a lying, deceiving, con man who will do anything to earn extra cash. That book will be nothing but more lies. Disgusting. 

Catelynn, you need to take proper care of your daughter before you can have a horse. I also realize horses are very therapeutic and many places in Arizona, Utah, and elsewhere use them. If owning one will honestly help her with anxiety attacks and getting better in the long run, it could very well be a good plan. Boarding the horse takes the hard work out of it. They're making upwards of $300k a year, 3k purchasing the horse and 1k per month for boarding isn't too far fetched. I know they give a big chunk of their money to an assortment of disadvantaged relatives... but I'm sure they can afford it.

That's not what I thought Farrah said, about Debra sneaking guys in when Farrah was a child. I thought she said Debra had snuck guys into Farrah's house, present day. I thought the whole point was Debra has been promiscuous and had even been engaged 2x, post divorce.  Of course, I was also doing other things while watching....

Matt writing his memoirs is nothing short of ludicrous. 

Cate, you will lose interest in your horsey within a few days. Mark my words. 

• Love 1

I almost felt bad for Tyler during the horse scene too.... however I doubt they really ever buy things together. I think it's more of a 'well you bought this, so i'm going to buy that' type of relationship and that's why she was so dead set on getting a horse.

I had to laugh when he threw in the dig about the pig though. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, gunderda said:

My first thought it was a total manipulation stunt by Matt.  Make Amber think that he's popping pills and that she cured him by flushing them and that he became sober for her.  What a jack ass. 

Its because she wants a relationship with her granddaughter.  I can guarantee you it's the only reason she puts up with Farrah.  And oddly I can tell that Sophia and Deb have a really strong bond. It's unfortunate that Deb couldn't have a relationship like that with Farrah but that seems to be the way grandparents go.  My mom is the same way.  We don't have crazy family dynamics like them but my mom was scared my brother would get mad at something she wanted to say (which wasn't that bad and my brother wouldn't have gotten mad, he's too laid back) but she was scared he would prevent her from seeing her grandson.  Unfortunately that's a true reality for Deb. 

But Deb DID hit Farrah right? So I can see why Farrah is angry about Deb denying it. Wasn't that the slap in the car in the original season??

It's very clear from this episode that Farrah has some super deep rooted issues from her past with her mom.

Re the bolding -

It was a total manipulation by Matt. He knew Amber wouldn't judge him.

Deb slapped Farrah on the shoulder in the car, not in her face. Farrah was referring to the police being called when Deb slapped her in the face and she was arrested. This was not captured by MTV.

My sentiment has always been Deb sticks around because of Sophia and her hope that Farrah will one day come to her senses. She won't.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Oh for fuck sake, I only watched about 5 minutes of this episode and I'm so pissed!!!! Catelynn abandoned the pig after only a day but now she wants to buy a horse!  So she can take care of something. Why she doesn't take care of her daughter first? Tyler's hair?????????

First words out of Amber's mouth is how she is depressed so she doesn't want her daughter to see her. Right after she already went to L.A. on weekend when Leah was supposed to stay with her. Matt the leach is going to write a book about his life????? WTF!!!!! And I bet the weekend they will fly to New York will bw the weekend she should have Leah. Mother if the year! And she is not on TV for criticism but to show how to live your life after being teenage mother. At least she didn't say word "struggle" . OMG and it's taking toll on her because she didn't see Leah for 2 weeks! What about to get in the car and go see her? I'm sure Gary won't object. If she promises not to take her to her house where she is taking care of and financially supporting another drug addict. And she wants them to be left alone. Well there is easy solution: quit the show. But then she will end up REALLY left alone after Matt will pack his bags and empty her bank account. By then he will be bestselling author who writes truth. And his next book will be truth about Amber unfortunately...

I didn't even see Farrah's segment yet and I'm already mad almost as much as I'm with the results of election...  and I still have to watch 90 day fiancee...

Edited by ava111
  • Love 6

I don't think Catelyn has a clue about the actual expense of horse ownership or basic knowledge about horse care in general.   She'd need to buy tack and equipment, the horse trailer she talked about, and pay for ongoing needs.  No matter what kind of an arrangement she has for boarding she'd probably still be responsible for the additional expense of vaccinations, deworming, farrier and vet visits, having the teeth floated, etc.  I know people who board horses where they are charged extra if a stable employee holds the horse for the vet or farrier, applies flyspray, or puts a supplement in with the feed.  She needs to take some lessons at a reputable facility and learn about horse care and ownership before jumping in.   She's clueless, and either she, Nova, or the horse are going to get hurt. Climbing off my soapbox now.

Edited by Abmis
To avoid sounding like Matt.
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I don't think Catelyn has a clue about the actual expense of horse ownership or basic knowledge about horse care in general.   She'd need to buy tack and equipment, the horse trailer she talked about, and pay for ongoing needs.  No matter what kind of an arrangement she has for boarding she'd probably still be responsible the additional expense of vaccinations, deworming, farrier and vet visits, having the teeth floated, etc.  I know people who board horses where they are charged extra if a stable employee holds the horse for the vet or farrier, applies flyspray, or puts a supplement in with the feed.  She needs to take some lessons at a reputable facility and learn about horse care and ownership before jumping in.   She's clueless and either she, Nova, or the horse are going to get hurt. Climbing off my soapbox now.

You mean all this doesn't cost $100 a month?

• Love 12
4 hours ago, swishandflick said:

Ugh are strippers supposed to straddle you and dry hump you on stage? Cause being in the audience is one thing, but having some guys boner on you while you lie down horizontally in front of hundreds of people crossed a line. I can't imagine Tyler was too crazy about that segment. And Maci didn't even look drunk when she was pulled up there so that's not an excuse.

I would place pretty good odds that most of the dancers in that show don't get boners for girls.

I'm just sayin'.

2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I like the fact that Debra's getting laid and Farrah isn't. That's what sticks in her craw. 

I think this is it exactly. Farrah is SO PISSED that her mom can find a boyfriend and Farrah can't. I'm surprised that Deb can either, to be honest, but I'm gonna guess it has something to do with men in her age bracket being more tolerant of crazy. That's a guess. I don't know.

Mr. Guilfoyle said "why does Farrah even engage with her on this? All she has to do is say 'I don't want to meet him. Don't give him my number. You won't like the outcome."

Me: "Farrah is a rage-a-holic. She enjoys getting angry."

• Love 11

Very disturbing episode!

I'll start with Farrah:  I cannot believe she uses that language around her daughter!  Well, I can, but you know what I mean.  She went from zero to lunatic in about .2 seconds.  Now there could be some edited hijinks involved b/c we don't know if Sophia was really in the room at the time of the argument.  Or she could have been edited in to look like she was.  Regardless, it was truly disturbing.

Farrah finally breaking down and revealing that she wasn't over the physical altercations with her mother was really sad and also disturbing.  (Sorry to overuse this word.) She is a very angry and damaged person and she and her mother have a very long way to go.  Farrah thinks communicating means just saying what's on your mind.  But she never considers the other person's point of view or what they have to say.  She dismissed Sophia after asking the kid for a review of how she is being parented.  What moron does this?  She needs so much validation, as long as it is what she wants to hear. 

I don't think Debra was sneaking men into the house.  I think she was referring to Debra's dating life after the divorce from Michael.  (I'm still unclear on the time frame.)  Farrah is jealous of her mom being able to find someone.  So her mom doesn't always make the best choices, neither does Farrah.  Debra might have been engaged a couple of times, but Farrah was the fool who bought her own engagement ring (Simon) and started talking marriage with a guy she dated a handful of times. (Daniel)  I actually felt very sad for Debra when she was crying in the bedroom.  She needs to stay away from Farrah.  Both of them need to get help and Sophia should go live with Brandon and Theresa!

Catelynn came off like an entitled brat this episode. It was very disconnected from last week with the crying over the lack of Carly visitation. I guess I can't complain about the sequencing, because horse shopping gave her some plot this week.  But I can't believe I was siding with Tyler!  Why can't she volunteer at the stables?  I'll bet could go there and ride every day for free if she put in a little time.  Oh... this is Cate we are talking about.  My bad.  It just goes to show how she has probably failed basic math all her life if she couldn't figure out that it would be cheaper to go on weekly riding outings than buy and board a horse.  

But her attitude when she was talking to Tyler was really disturbing. (Again!)  She was such a know-it-all and totally dismissive of his opinion.  Gulp, I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I kind of get where Tyler is coming from with her.  She is exhausting!  Okay, I just have to say it: STFU, Tyler.  Now I feel cleansed!

Nova didn't want to be at the stables, but the crew had to get their scene.  So, of course, they agree to watch her sit in the car and eat Nutter Butter cookies.  Nice!  If I were Tyler I would have gone with her to see what the heck my wife was getting into!  And he could have watched Nova.  Or they could have both dealt with the stable guy and had a friend watch Nova by playing with her on the grounds of the stables or staying at home. There is no way I would let my spouse make a major purchase like a horse and not be a part of the decision-making process.  (By the way, did anyone catch Cate saying that she thought the pig would stay little?)

Amber is so deep in with Matt there is no pulling her back. I thought Real Mr. Housewife was a little strange and didn't even look at Matt when they met at the door.  No one cares about Matt's story and that book cover is the most disturbing thing of all!  At least we got some mention of Gary not being told about Matt's kid living in Amber's house.  I feel like Gary's comments are added in to speak for the home viewers.  :)

Maci and Taylor have that many "close" friends? She strikes me as the kind of girl who told all of her friends throughout her life that they would be bridesmaids in her wedding.  Now she feels she has to make good on that promise.  Are these huge bridal parties a southern thing?  I'm from Massachusetts and I've seen big wedding parties, but not like Maci's.  (To me, five bridemaids and a maid of honor is HUGE.  I only had a maid of honor and no bridesmaids and mine was a church wedding with 120 guests and weekend activities.) Believe me, if I were her "close" friend and she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid, I'd be thrilled.  

But the most disturbing thing here was not the drinking games, the eye-scalding strip show, or the proliferation of penises in Maci's room.  No, it was the fact that all of her friends paid for this weekend away.  Seriously, how much is it costing each of them to be in this wedding party?  There's the usual stuff like the dress/tux, gifts for the shower and wedding, travel and lodging for the wedding and reception, etc.   But now they have to take time off work (I assume), travel to Las Vegas, plan all these activities, and pay for them.  And Vegas ain't always cheap!  Maci may have money, but there is no way she could foot the bill for this whole thing.  I can see her maybe paying for the dresses and hair and makeup on the wedding day.  But not trips for 30 people to Las Vegas for the weekend!

Edited by Marisagf
I'm a perfectionist!
  • Love 4

My thoughts on this episode:

if Farrah was my daughter, she'd have a permanent apple imprint on her face because that's how hard I would hit her with her MAC is she spoke to me like that. She's gross. I fear what happens when Sophia isn't pretty enough for her.

Maci, ehhh. At least her kids are clean and healthy.

Amber & Cait with the anxiety/panic attack bs.... stfu. It's such an excuse for their lazy, pathetic a$$es. I went through 5 years of total hell because of panic attacks and anxiety and it was never an excuse not to raise my kids, go to work, pay my bills, take care of my home and pets, etc. Amber goes to NY but can't see her lovely kid, my kids made me happy when I was stressed... because I LOVE them. These girls seriously don't deserve to be moms. 

This bozo running his con on Amber. Omg, I know I should care but not one f will be given when he takes off with her money. She deserves what she gets. My bet is her weight is either from drinking or from Bozo breaking her down and making her feel bad about herself. That is not a happy person.

I have despised Cait since the whole pot thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't care what anyone wants to do with their time but she was smoking in the car with her addict mom. That's scummy af. Her jerky boyfriend annoys me too but I loved the reaction he gave her during her "I need a horse" rant. He's gonna leave her a$$. He seems so checked out. And her needing an expensive horse that needs expensive care and boarding and vet care bc paying $30 to ride is so expensive. My math might be wrong but if boarding and whatnot are $1000 a month, that would be 33 hours of riding. Over an hour each day. Wth has time for that but a horseman who lives on a farm with his horses? That would be a lot of riding to break even. One serious health problem and she's $1000s in debt. I know this bc my FILis a horseman. And guess what, even with a barn and someone to care for them on the daily, feed them, etc my kids never even dared ask for their own horses. Because they aren't like a cat that you can (but shouldn't) ignore. They are 1000 pound animals that need A LOT of care and attention and money. When she has a panic attack she's gonna run right over, hope on his back and ride like the wind. Girl, please. When I had a panic attack I was generally in a ball, on the floor, trying to remember how to breathe again. This chick makes no sense. If animals help you, cuddle your 10,000 dogs and cats. My dog made me feel calmer when I was anxious. Sometimes I would take him along when I had to drive (bc fear of getting lost would make me panic but with my dog, I'd stay focused and calm bc I wasn't alone). But no, Crazy Cait has to buy something else, drag a new animal back to her private zoo. Ugh. That house smells like piss and poop. 

Thats all I have to say. These girls are all morons.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Yea, she slapped her on TV. And I believe there was another incident that happened when the cameras weren't around, but cops were called. Debra was definitely lying and I get Farrah's frustration. But where she loses me is - if Deb has been abusive and crazy as a mother, why do you leave your kid with her half the time???

1 hour ago, ChicagoChris said:

That's not what I thought Farrah said, about Debra sneaking guys in when Farrah was a child. I thought she said Debra had snuck guys into Farrah's house, present day. I thought the whole point was Debra has been promiscuous and had even been engaged 2x, post divorce.  Of course, I was also doing other things while watching....

I could have sworn Farrah said "the house I grew up in". I thought she was referring to the past. 

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I had to laugh when he threw in the dig about the pig though. 

And Cate said, "I thought it was going to stay small" or something like that. How small does she think a fucking horse is?

1 hour ago, ava111 said:

First words out of Amber's mouth is how she is depressed so she doesn't want her daughter to see her.

Wasn't she complaining the first half of the season that she was depressed when she DOESN'T see her daughter? Make up your freaking mind. 

• Love 8

Oh, I forgot about Cate and her "bonding."

The awesome (and heartbreaking) thing is that all kids want to bond with their parents. IDK if Cate feels like she missed her opportunity because of PPD or whatever, but not-Carly is STILL THERE, wanting to be loved and given attention.

If Cate were able to examine her own relationship with her piece of shit mother and see how much she still wants the approval and affection of said piece of shit, she would realize that not-Carly feels EXACTLY. THE. SAME. WAY. 

And it's not too late for not-Carly to become Nova, the doted upon, much loved and highly sparkly princess she should be...not the annoyance that is keeping her egg donor from purchasing a damn horse.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, she slapped her on TV. And I believe there was another incident that happened when the cameras weren't around, but cops were called. Debra was definitely lying and I get Farrah's frustration. But where she loses me is - if Deb has been abusive and crazy as a mother, why do you leave your kid with her half the time???

It was a slap on the shoulder when they showed that scene on camera. Personally, I don't see that as the same as a slap in the face which crossed the line. However...

Now that we have watched crazy Farrah in action over the seasons, some of us have mentioned over the years how we wouldn't mind slapping Farrah, and last night again proves how some of us would have wanted to give it to her but good for her outrageous behavior.  I give Deb a pass for having ever slapped Farrah on the shoulder and in the mouth. She lost her shit  over Farrah's raving lunatic moments. I would not be sympathetic at all to anyone talking to me the way Farrah talked to her mother last night. If last night is an example of what Farrah dished out that day long ago when the cops were called, it is no wonder why Deb finally let her have it. I know, I know, abuse is abuse and assault is assault. Deb paid for her crime, but I bet it felt good to smack Farrah.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

OMG. Poor Sophia.

"Mommy's not rude. Now don't waste my time."

I also love to remind my 5 year old that I'm busy and his conversation, when not centered on how awesome I am, is "wasting my time."

No, not really.

I love my child more than I love myself. This seems to be a foreign concept to both Farrah and Debra. 

"Mommy's never rude". !! I about fell off the couch when she uttered that gem. She believes it too. Poor Sophia. You can see the sad little girl she is inside.

14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Nope. We need to see the wedding MTV paid for.

Who is that Matt blogger guy? Amber said his site is the best. Why is it the best? Because they slobber all over Matt and Amber and print a bunch of lovey dovey shit about them?

Fell off the couch again. Stayed on the floor. Amber says "his site is the best, its honest, not like the rest of the media" !! Amber, the guy is a blogger, not a journalist. Dear god she's just pig ignorant.

13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Oh dear Lord, I was wrong. So wrong. Matt's book IS coming out. And, please forgive me, but dear God. The picture. The picture! Matt is nekkid. Nekkid, I say, on the cover. I am soooo sorry for the visual but since I saw it you guys have to go down with me. 

http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2016/11/14/matt-baier-book-co-written-by-me-coming-soon-exclusive/

matt.png

Well, thanks @mamadrama. I'll have to bleach my eyeballs now. So, Matt thinks' he's Howard Stern, I guess? It is probably his lifelong ambition to meet him.

13 hours ago, Marisagf said:

This should be a fun word salad of a book to decipher.  Anyone catch the grammatical errors in Real Mr. Housewife's announcement?  

Real Mr. H. also looked right past Matt when the met at the door.

I fought my way through a paragraph or two but holy moly, I am only flesh and blood. "When him and I began talking a few months ago- much to his hesitation, as he is NOT one to speak to the press" caused me to have palpitations and I believe what is called in the medical world a "conniption". Yeah buddy. You're a journalist. A member of the fourth estate. You'll be getting your Pulitzer any day now.

4 hours ago, swishandflick said:

Agree with you there. Sophia was being very sweet, and I liked seeing her stand up to her mom and telling her she was being rude. She had a "bitch, please?" look on her face when Farrah insisted she wasn't being rude. I bet Sophia sees how different things are in a school setting and that her teachers don't let her talk to other students that way. Sophia certainly isn't getting model behavior at home.

All kids love their parents. Even horrible kids and horrible parents. Their love is toxic and their relationships are twisted, but I believe that Farrah and Debra would both say they love each other. But Farrah keeps her around to lord it over her, get free childcare, and a companion who will kiss her surgically enhanced ass on call, 24 hours a day. Debra's a monster, but she's Farrah's mother. Poor Sophia.

Catelynn wants to buy a horse so she can talk about having a horse. "I'm going to the stable to ride my horse" Going to the stable to ride just any horse? Uh-uh. Its a way to make herself important and remind herself that she has money. Sigh.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, druzy said:

There is a Teen Mom Cruise this summer. I tried to insert the link but it didn't work

Will the kids be there or is this yet another vacation these assholes are taking while leaving their kids at home?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"Mommy's never rude". !! I about fell off the couch when she uttered that gem. She believes it too. Poor Sophia. You can see the sad little girl she is inside.

Fell off the couch again. Stayed on the floor. Amber says "his site is the best, its honest, not like the rest of the media" !! Amber, the guy is a blogger, not a journalist. Dear god she's just pig ignorant.

Well, thanks @mamadrama. I'll have to bleach my eyeballs now. So, Matt thinks' he's Howard Stern, I guess? It is probably his lifelong ambition to meet him.

I fought my way through a paragraph or two but holy moly, I am only flesh and blood. "When him and I began talking a few months ago- much to his hesitation, as he is NOT one to speak to the press" caused me to have palpitations and I believe what is called in the medical world a "conniption". Yeah buddy. You're a journalist. A member of the fourth estate. You'll be getting your Pulitzer any day now.

All kids love their parents. Even horrible kids and horrible parents. Their love is toxic and their relationships are twisted, but I believe that Farrah and Debra would both say they love each other. But Farrah keeps her around to lord it over her, get free childcare, and a companion who will kiss her surgically enhanced ass on call, 24 hours a day. Debra's a monster, but she's Farrah's mother. Poor Sophia.

Catelynn wants to buy a horse so she can talk about having a horse. "I'm going to the stable to ride my horse" Going to the stable to ride just any horse? Uh-uh. Its a way to make herself important and remind herself that she has money. Sigh.

Poor Nova will be left in the stall to play with horse manure and snack on oats while Cate fusses over her horse and goes riding.

2 minutes ago, druzy said:

There is a Teen Mom Cruise this summer. I tried to insert the link but it didn't work

I'd like to go and push Farrah over board, but I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

• Love 2