Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

Well he sounds like a straight up dick. He says they were broken up months before, but then he paid her a "surprise visit" 2 days before he left the country? No one surprises their ex unless it's with an unplanned pregnancy, STI, or a restraining order. I believe her that they had gotten back together.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn at this quote: "I wish I could say I wish him the best, but I don’t and I never will," lol.

Right! She’s pissed!!! 

I haven’t followed Hayleigh and Fessy since BB, but Hayleigh always seemed fairly normal - not someone who would start drama just for the sake of attention. I believe her side of things. 

• Love 1

I liked Hayleigh a lot but I have become put off by all the traveling she's done while we're in a pandemic. Still, I definitely believe she thought they were back together when he left. I do think it's entirely possible Fessy himself didn't think that or didn't realize she thought it though tbh.

• Love 5

After what happened with Melissa last season, I find it stunningly irresponsible of production to not do pregnancy tests prior to beginning the challenge (and repeated throughout). As a result, they had two more pregnant women who didn’t know they were pregnant this season, Natalie and Liv. That’s three in two seasons. And unfortunately and very sadly, neither woman this season had the outcome Melissa did. They need to write new policy on this immediately. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, aghst said:

Everyone who saw Bear and Georgia on that season knew he was going to screw her over in some way.

He had already screwed her over on that season on by lying about his relationship status, and then again after with the Thailand incident—but those are the ways a manipulative guy who doesn’t actually care about his partners usually screws over a woman, and she was aware of what he was like and kept coming back for more. Filming her without her consent and then not just sharing it with people but actually charging money for it (and then having the initial reaction to raise the price after being exposed) is on a completely different level—it’s criminal and sociopathic. I am very impressed that Georgia had the courage to pursue this legally—I’m sure she’s getting some real hate from his “fans,” especially since he was claiming to have attempted suicide. If nothing else, hopefully being arrested on these charges will end his reality TV career for good. I don’t see MTV ever casting him again after this, given the current climate, and hopefully UK reality shows will follow suit. This whole thing has struck me as what happens when a guy like Bear is so used to getting away with everything and talking his way out of anything that he no longer believes he will be held to account for anything he does. Get him, Georgia. 

• Love 10

I think they also showed Tonya talking to...another contestant back at home, I can't remember who, and saying that they had taken naked photos of her.  Those three were super gross to Tonya.

• Useful 1

I post in a Challenge-based group on Facebook. Someone posted about these videos. A bit on the amateur side, but the humor is spot on.

12 hours ago, lasu said:

I think they also showed Tonya talking to...another contestant back at home, I can't remember who, and saying that they had taken naked photos of her.  Those three were super gross to Tonya.

When weren't they gross? I know that Tonya was probably never the most popular or stable regular, but those three  heifers kept crossing the line with her.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1

I was generally a Veronica fan, but Inferno II is the one season where I couldn't stand her. Even when she was being a mean girl, I understood where she was coming from on her other seasons, but it just seemed to make no sense to torment Tonya.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Curious . . . has anyone purchased or recieved a Cameo? I see a lot of posts on those in the Challenge group I visit on Facebook. I've never asked or hinted for one, because the concept is awkward for the likes of me. Here is the current Challenge roster. Minimum, you can have fun determining popularity through the prices. Naturally, Johnny is at the top, and he's above TJ.

Frankly, I think cameos are so silly. I don't care how much I might like a "celebrity", the thought of paying someone to send me or someone I know a two minute video to basically just say "Hi, I know you exist", is not in the least bit appealing, especially knowing that they will probably forget your name as soon as they stop recording.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Frankly, I think cameos are so silly. I don't care how much I might like a "celebrity", the thought of paying someone to send me or someone I know a two minute video to basically just say "Hi, I know you exist", is not in the least bit appealing, especially knowing that they will probably forget your name as soon as they stop recording.

Same here, I just don't get the appeal of Cameo.  Plus even if I was interested in it, you never know what you are going to get.  I was listening to a segment from a wrestling podcast and they played a Jerry Lawler (He is a wrestling legend, the guy who slapped Andy Kaufman on Letterman all those years ago.) Cameo.  He really put a lot of effort into the Cameo and it lasted at least five minutes.  They then played a Cameo from another wrestler (I honestly forgot who it was, but it was someone who was a star in the wrestling world) and that Cameo only lasted a half a minute long.  So yeah I think the whole thing is a waste of money.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2021 at 11:31 PM, Lantern7 said:

Minimum, you can have fun determining popularity through the prices. Naturally, Johnny is at the top, and he's above TJ.

But isn't that the prices they themselves set?  I have no idea how it works.  If you sort by # of ratings or by # of rating stars, both Teej and Wes jump ahead.  (Jay gets high ratings too).  I do follow Wes on Twitter, and the mentions he gets from fans who have gotten cameos from him (often as gifts) seem like he puts a lot of thought into them.  

And when you click on "less than 1 day response time" Johnny totally disappears--but TJ and Wes still top the list.  Hah!  

Eww, Kenny Santucci.  

Anyone know what the little pink tags in the corners of some of the photos mean?  Edited:  I clicked it.  It means the price listed is currently half off their norm.  So normally Wes' cost per cameo is the same as Johnny's.  

Edited by Jobiska
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Yes, they set the prices themselves. Apparently, and perhaps unsurprisingly, Johnny and Wes both make a TON of money from cameo (I would assume TJ does also but I don’t think we’ll find him talking about it). One of Morgan’s running jokes on Instagram is filming Johnny doing cameos at any and all times—before his dad’s wedding, on a chair lift, before they go shark diving, at 11 pm at night when she’s already in bed, etc. He must get a ton of requests that he’s always having to find ways to fit them in. That said, of the ones I’ve seen posted, Wes’ are definitely more personal and thoughtful, whereas Johnny seems to say a variation of the same thing every time. But if you’re buying a Johnny Bananas cameo, that’s really the schtick you’re paying for, I guess. Both of them do much longer videos than Jenna, who seems to do really short (like thirty seconds or less) shout outs that often feature Zach waving or making one comment. I can’t knock any of them—there’s obviously a big demand for it, and they’re making good money from it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/30/2021 at 9:05 AM, Jillibean said:

Yes, they set the prices themselves. Apparently, and perhaps unsurprisingly, Johnny and Wes both make a TON of money from cameo (I would assume TJ does also but I don’t think we’ll find him talking about it). One of Morgan’s running jokes on Instagram is filming Johnny doing cameos at any and all times—before his dad’s wedding, on a chair lift, before they go shark diving, at 11 pm at night when she’s already in bed, etc. He must get a ton of requests that he’s always having to find ways to fit them in. That said, of the ones I’ve seen posted, Wes’ are definitely more personal and thoughtful, whereas Johnny seems to say a variation of the same thing every time. But if you’re buying a Johnny Bananas cameo, that’s really the schtick you’re paying for, I guess. Both of them do much longer videos than Jenna, who seems to do really short (like thirty seconds or less) shout outs that often feature Zach waving or making one comment. I can’t knock any of them—there’s obviously a big demand for it, and they’re making good money from it.

Oh yeah, good for them if people want to pay for that!  And it's good that there's a star rating system for customers (and I am not surprised that Wes is ahead of Johnny there, ha).  And especially during the pandemic when they can't make in person appearances, if this works for them, then hey.  As long as they pay their taxes, heh.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Who are the idiots paying for a video chat with Bananas or any of these grifters?

Cameos aren’t video chats.   They are just video messages based on what you fill out in the form.  People often give them as presents.  Actual Zoom chats cost much more.  

10 minutes ago, aghst said:

Well that's even worse than.

It costs hundreds right?

I would dismiss is as a scam but if there are easy marks willing to throw money at minor celebrities ...

I think both Johnny and Wes charge $150, or somewhere in that ballpark, though I haven’t checked recently. But the fact is, they’re charging that much because they can. Wes has actually spoken a lot about finding the sweet spot for his price so that there’s demand but not SO much demand that he can’t keep up with it, because that’s how popular these things are. I’ve seen Wes advertise sales for holidays, but I haven’t seen Johnny ever do that. I wouldn’t consider it a scam at all, because people know exactly what they’re paying for. For most people you can watch previous cameos before you make a request for one, so you have the option of knowing exactly what you’re paying for. I wouldn’t necessarily call the people who get them “marks,” either. They have determined that a personalized shout out for themselves or a loved one is worth that amount of money to them, and that’s their prerogative. I’ve seen people use them for engagements, to ask people to be in a wedding party, etc. Would I do it? Absolutely not. But clearly this is valuable enough to a large enough number of people that the whole thing is a booming business. Much like Twilight, I might not think highly of it, but if that many people are into it, clearly it got something right. 

• Love 9

There are reviews too.  It seems like some folks do the bare minimum to hit the time guarantee and others really make an effort an do more than is required.  Caveat emptor, but if it makes people happy, why not?

I looked around on the site and saw prices as low as $25 and as high as $1,200.   And it lets you watch some of the Cameos so you can see what you are getting.   Clearly, it fills a need.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3

I've given two Cameos. You get to type in what you want the person to say or a little about the person you are sending it to. Both the people I got them for absolutely loved them. One was for my husband for our anniversary and one was for a friend who was just going through a rough time. They are personalized and I, personally, think it's a great concept. My friend said she has watched hers several times when she is having a rough day and it completely cheers her up. The prices are funny though, I would NEVER pay that much for Johnny and you would have to pay me to get a Cameo from Kenny. Look up Charlie Sheen sometime. He really thinks a lot of himself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, luckyroll3 said:

That's scary.

If you want a real treat, read Zach’s version of the announcement on Instagram. 

On 2/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Apologies in advance to their child lol.

Their child already has an Instagram page, so feel free to leave any thoughts or messages there. 

• Love 1

It's always very confusing for me when I have to make a hairpin turn from hoping couple breaks the fuck up to hoping they make it work, and the only thing that changed was a renegade sperm.  But here we are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

Their child already has an Instagram page, so feel free to leave any thoughts or messages there. 

I try not to be judgmental about people and their Instagram but kids having an Instagram already unnerves me enough, making an Instagram for your unborn baby is just on another level.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lasu said:

It's always very confusing for me when I have to make a hairpin turn from hoping couple breaks the fuck up to hoping they make it work, and the only thing that changed was a renegade sperm.  But here we are.

"Hoping they make it work" relies on him completely changing his ways. So I'm Team Break The Fuck Up, partially because of (vs in spite of) that renegade sperm. It's bad enough that Jenna has to deal with him, in a few months a child will too. 

• Love 6

Maybe I am bias because I find Jenna attractive, but she always seemed to me to be a nice person.  Zach has had moments where I thought to myself, "Maybe he is not the raging asshole that I think he is.", such as cutting his hair off and giving it to Locks of Love.  But those moments are few and far between.  It sucks that Jenna and now a child are going to be stuck with him in their lives.

• Love 3
On 2/1/2021 at 5:43 AM, DEL901 said:

There are reviews too.  It seems like some folks do the bare minimum to hit the time guarantee and others really make an effort an do more than is required.  Caveat emptor, but if it makes people happy, why not?

I looked around on the site and saw prices as low as $25 and as high as $1,200.   And it lets you watch some of the Cameos so you can see what you are getting.   Clearly, it fills a need.  

Yeah, I think Winnie Cooper was charging like $80.

I've never bought one or received one, but if Joe Perry ever throws his hat in the ring, I will buy one for my dad.

• Love 1

I got cameo-scammed.  I mean, my fault entirely, but I thought of someone who would love a cameo from a particular celebrity so I went and checked it out.  The celebrity I was looking for wasn't on there, but I just scrolled around and noticed there was a special for Allison Janney for $10, and I thought that would be fun!  Or funny!  Or something!  But instead, I paid for some generic message basically plugging her new show which I happily I forgotten.  If I'm going to pay $10 for a commercial, the least my brain can do to make up for its failure is promptly forget what it was for.

• LOL 3
On 1/25/2021 at 11:31 PM, Lantern7 said:

Curious . . . has anyone purchased or recieved a Cameo? I see a lot of posts on those in the Challenge group I visit on Facebook. I've never asked or hinted for one, because the concept is awkward for the likes of me. Here is the current Challenge roster. Minimum, you can have fun determining popularity through the prices. Naturally, Johnny is at the top, and he's above TJ.

I got one from Wes for my spouse. It was a silly thing, but spouse got more of a kick out of it than with another pair of slippers or whatever else I would have stuffed under the tree. (I used coupons and codes to keep the price low, btw.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

The Challenge: All-Stars (better known now as "OG Challenge") will be airing exclusively on Paramount+.

I'm pissed off. I was thinking of recapping this season because I covered a lot of the people involved, but I'm not subscribing to a service just for that.

I wouldn't necessarily be interested to see the OG players, especially Mark.

Dude, you're 49, move on.

I could be interested in new RW and RR but the last seasons of those shows weren't that memorable.

And during a pandemic, they sent these fools and probably a lot of crew around the country?  Millions of people are getting sick, thousands dying, millions unable to pay rent or mortgage, millions losing their jobs.  But they're going around the country to towns which probably want to restrict people congregating together.

They probably filmed during the summer when the case rate wasn't as high.  I understand they want to make money but I don't know about MTV, finding a way to film these shows.

While better shows like The Amazing Race is shelved for another year at least.

• Love 3