Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

This shouldn't take long, he's already cursing, jumping over tables and making drinks instead of cooking. Also he and Dave Coulier and not going to get along.

He has already toned it down. They told him about taking it as a joke and he has toned down some. Dave Coulier is also an ass. I can't remember from which reality show I made that judgement. I rather Johnny who does it for a career than someone who is just one in real life(not that Johnny might not be one in real life).

An important question for the rest of this season Challenge viewing pleasure but which was filmed last, this Challenge or the Worst Cooks? 

(edited)

Yeah, he totally toned it down. I finished the two episodes, but I wasn't sure if there is a Worst Cooks forum so I didn't want to post more here so as not to spoil things for people.

And just as I say that I'll wrap it up with this (sorry mods please delete if this violates rules. According to IMDB Coulier did the Surreal Life and Battle of the network stars. I feel like I watched the Surreal Life and he may have been a jerk on that as the premise was basically you were big time and now you are a nobody, so that's major I need money so I'll take it, but you can't make me like it territory. Also with a lot of the cast of Full House, they wanted to change their image. I may have worked with one of them who was perfectly nice but had rules about things they would not do or say because they didn't want to be seen as a continuation of their character.

ETA: Just looked there is a forum. I shall take any none Challenge players talk over there.

Edited by grandmabegum

I’m not a proponent of cancel culture, but it’s time for Zach to be cancelled. I know they’re all disasters of human beings, but between seeing his abusive behavior in action and this, I never want him to have another platform of any kind. And I say this as someone who enjoyed and defended him for many years. There’s no defending this or his behavior toward Jenna on this challenge. 

• Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow at Zach bringing up Knight. And Amanda's child. What a garbage person.

I don't understand the bomb that Amanda had been alluding to, someone please explain lol.

Rumor has it that Jenna and Tony hooked up on Dirty 30, and Amanda threatened to expose it at either that reunion or the Final Reckoning reunion.

But Zach is the worst.

I’m also glad that SOMEONE (Jemmye) brought up Zach’s treatment of Jonna. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow lol.

This is tough. I despise Dee so I enjoy seeing her called out but also it's Swaggy so like ew, ya know?

4 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Not a fan of Swaggy, but while he's annoying, that shit she tweeted was vile and someone needed to call her ass out on it especially cause she thought it was cute.  And honestly, it says a lot about her as a person as opposed to "a character" on the show.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

And honestly, it says a lot about her as a person as opposed to "a character" on the show.

Yea, she actually is worse than I imagined in real life, which is quite frankly astonishing because she's odious as hell on the show lol.

• Love 7
(edited)
47 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I was just coming here to post this! Good riddance. Not only was the post gross and offensive, but when she was called out on it initially she just kept defending it. Big T also spoke up and said Dee said some very racially offensive things to her during this season. She said that Dee said she was blacker than her because she didn't know some rap artist and because she's less aggressive than Dee is. 

Buh bye!

Edited by Treehugger9
  • Love 2

I know people don’t like Dee, and I preface this by saying I don’t know other shit she might have said or done. But based on a stupid and insensitive tweet, this punishment seems excessive. I hope there was more to it. Because this opens up a whole can of worms. There are current cast members who have said and done far worse. But they aren’t as expendable as Dee. 

There is something about cancel culture that just doesn’t sit right with me. I believe people can learn and change, and depending on the offense, should be given a chance to atone. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I know people don’t like Dee, and I preface this by saying I don’t know other shit she might have said or done. But based on a stupid and insensitive tweet, this punishment seems excessive. I hope there was more to it. Because this opens up a whole can of worms. There are current cast members who have said and done far worse. But they aren’t as expendable as Dee. 

There is something about cancel culture that just doesn’t sit right with me. I believe people can learn and change, and depending on the offense, should be given a chance to atone. 

From what I’ve heard, Dee has been working a lot of nerves lately, to the point where Wes kicked her out of his place. Here’s a post from Stop Bring Polite.

i get where you’re coming from, @ImpinAintEasy. It’s mostly a spectrum of bad with Challengers, and watching one take the moral high ground on another seems farcical.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

The time for sweeping racist ass shit under the rug is over.  This isn't the first time something like this has happened related to this show, but this is the first time they (the producers) have been overt in their actions.  Good for them.  If it opens a can of worms, so be it.  Also Dee's gonna learn a whole lot from being dropped from the show.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 9

I am SO TIRED of the apology of “that’s not who I am! I support BLM!”

NO YOU FUCKING DON’T.

You showed who you are with your FIRST statement.  Your backtracking apology does not move me.  We SEE you being heinous on the show, you can’t fool us.

• Love 8

Wowwwww, I can't believe she thought that would be a cute thing to say!  My jaw dropped before I even had a chance to process every way it was bad.  Let's be clear - she is not only playing on the "black men have big dicks" stereotype AND she's saying their big dicks are the only reason their lives matter AND she's implying she can't be racist because she fucked at least one black guy.  We've got at LEAST a hat trick going on here.  Completely dehumanizes black men, the exact opposite of what she was going for.

I'm glad she banned.  I don't see it as cancel culture as much as I see it as you got an opportunity very few people get, and you blew it.  There are plenty of people to take her spot who have not said super racist things in the middle of the world blowing up.  I mean, what she said would have been awful and I would have been fine with her getting banned six months ago, but to add on another layer of being cutesy *right now* is just shockingly tone deaf.  I'm ok with her losing future spots on the Challenge.  I think this racism is the kind that someone can grow from (it seems more profoundly stupid than hateful), and I hope Dee does learn from it.  I know I've said racist things when I literally didn't know better (and I understand it was my white privilege that allowed that ignorance), like "cotton picking hands."  I just learned yesterday that "no can do" and "long time no see" have racist origins.  

A couple of year ago, I made a mistake at work.  I liked my job, I never wanted to hurt my business, I always tried to do a good job and be a good employee.  But I made a legit mistake, and I got fired for it.  It was a complete accident, I meant no ill will, but a mistake was made and it had consequences.  I don't see this as any different.  I don't want to see Dee's life ruined.  I don't want to see her doxed or get death threats or any of the other things that will probably happen.  I feel the same about Camilla.  I hope she has grown and learned and is a happier person today, not because I give a shit about her, but because that would mean it's less likely she's putting more negative crap out in the world.  But just because I hope both of them do better doesn't mean I need them back on my tv.  Dee was given a platform and voice much louder than most of us ever get and she fucked it up and now it's being taken away from her.  It seems proportional and appropriate to me.

• Love 17

It’s bad what she posted.

But the reactions from her cast mates seem to  be based on how they felt about her before that tweet, based on their previous interactions with her.

Not sure MTV would have canned her for that tweet alone.  Look at how many chances they gave Camilla.

Universal condemnation from the cast mates and others probably helped MTV make a quick decision.

Pretty tone deaf of her, because people are losing jobs, justifiably, for making light of the situation or trying to minimize his serious this issue is.  It’s one of the few events which has caused a large portion of Americans to change their views on racism and police tactics.

In 2015-16, there was a constant stream of black men being killed by cops, which gave rise to BLM.  Yet a lot of Americans, especially whites, didn’t have such a positive view of the BLM movement, meaning they denied the way black people are treated by police all over the country.

Now, because of the murder of Floyd, in addition to all these protests across the country and the world, early polling indicates a huge change in public opinion about police treatment of black people by police.

Its’ unfortunate that she didn’t pick up on this change.  Especially as a POC herself, who must have encountered racism in Australia. 

• Love 3

Go peruse Ninja’s Twitter and you will find racist comments from her. Go watch the way Johnny and his cousin Vince treated Cheyenne on one of the seasons. MTV isn’t fooling anybody with their sudden moral conscience. 

I don’t support what Dee tweeted. But if she tweeted that at any other moment outside of the past two weeks, people wouldn’t have batted an eye. I see her being labeled a racist because of that, and perhaps she is. I admit I didn’t even consider all of the ways it could be viewed that way because I just saw it as a lame joke at the worst possible time, made by someone who seems emotionally immature. 

• Love 6

Dee is fired for being Anti BLM?! I am against the organization, but not black people or any other race. So I don't care if she doesn't support that. But what is she implying with her comment? She lost her virginity to a black man or what? I'm confused by it. 

4 hours ago, scrb said:

It’s bad what she posted.

But the reactions from her cast mates seem to  be based on how they felt about her before that tweet, based on their previous interactions with her.

Not sure MTV would have canned her for that tweet alone.  Look at how many chances they gave Camilla.

Universal condemnation from the cast mates and others probably helped MTV make a quick decision.

Pretty tone deaf of her, because people are losing jobs, justifiably, for making light of the situation or trying to minimize his serious this issue is.  It’s one of the few events which has caused a large portion of Americans to change their views on racism and police tactics.

In 2015-16, there was a constant stream of black men being killed by cops, which gave rise to BLM.  Yet a lot of Americans, especially whites, didn’t have such a positive view of the BLM movement, meaning they denied the way black people are treated by police all over the country.

Now I respectfully disagree with you here. I don't support the group BLM, but that in no way means I don't care about treatment of black people at all!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I don’t support what Dee tweeted. But if she tweeted that at any other moment outside of the past two weeks, people wouldn’t have batted an eye.

Yea, and that's the problem. Now, finally, that kinda shit isn't gonna fly anymore. And honestly, especially when you're pretty much a newbie and one that's not very liked lol.

It's not like they haven't banned others before, and sometimes for racism like in Camilla's case, it's just that they don't usually come right out and say it. They did this time.

21 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

Go peruse Ninja’s Twitter and you will find racist comments from her. Go watch the way Johnny and his cousin Vince treated Cheyenne on one of the seasons.

I hope they're all next lol. Good riddance to all of them!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

But what is she implying with her comment? She lost her virginity to a black man or what? I'm confused by it.

Thank you for sticking your neck out because I am just as perplexed as you. Please someone help us dummies. I have no idea what the hell her comment is supposed to mean.

Nevertheless, she must be kicking herself for losing such a cushy "job." As one of the stronger female competitors, who has a "juicy" storyline built in and a strong connection to one of the venerable players, she was basically guaranteed a spot on the show for years to come. Guess she'll have to find a real job like the rest of us plebs. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

But what is she implying with her comment? She lost her virginity to a black man or what? I'm confused by it. 

6 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Thank you for sticking your neck out because I am just as perplexed as you. Please someone help us dummies. I have no idea what the hell her comment is supposed to mean.

@lasu talked about the implications in Dee's comment a couple posts above your's. But also, responding to people wondering about your thoughts on the current movement with, "I fucked a black guy so I'm not racist!" is pretty obviously and overtly horrible lol.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

@lasu talked about the implications in Dee's comment a couple posts above your's. But also, responding to people wondering about your thoughts on the current movement with, "I fucked a black guy so I'm not racist!" is pretty obviously and overtly horrible lol.

Yes. Yes it is. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But also, responding to people wondering about your thoughts on the current movement with, "I fucked a black guy so I'm not racist!" is pretty obviously and overtly horrible lol.

Thank you for the clarification. Feel free to call me a dumbass but I was stumped by what her virginity had to do with black lives matter. Much like the #metoo movement, I think we're finally seeing a reckoning for those who have abused, demeaned and oppressed others they felt were inferior. I couldn't feel more proud.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:I was stumped by what her virginity had to do with black lives matter.

Exactly! Her thinking that was a good response is just amazing lol. At best, she’s really stupid!

I wonder if anyone else will get ‘fired’ now. I’m sure there’s loads of tweets out there from these idiots. I guess if they don’t make it to the media in some way though, MTV probably won’t really care.

• Love 3

Reality TV is an interesting animal. It’s not like a regular job. To some extent, everyone on a show like the Challenge is profiting off of bad behavior. I can see why it would be difficult for them to see where the line is between the sort of aggressive altercations and drunken breakdowns the Challenge implicitly encourages and unacceptable actions and statements, especially since this line hasn’t been enforced. But intolerance of racism SHOULD be enforced, and I hope this is the start of a new way of handling things and not an isolated incident. If you look at the full context of the incident, it seems clear that Dee had no understanding of why what she said was problematic and was extremely verbally aggressive in her defense of her tweets to others, even trying to guilt Bayleigh by saying she was tired from her charity on behalf of a cancer patient. Furthermore, this seemingly all happened fairly recently, meaning she has had a week or so to listen, and learn, and see what all of this is about. She clearly did not take that opportunity. It’s not surprising, because we all see on TV who she is, but it’s also very different from saying something and then immediately listening to the feedback and apologizing/taking positive action. Dee only apologized when it became clear to her that this was going to impact her income.

And that’s the other reason I am happy with this decision. Reality TV in the age of social media is extremely profitable. I don’t want Dee to be permanently ostracized or “cancelled.” Of course I hope she educates herself and grows and changes for the better as a result of this experience and goes on to have a fulfilling life and career. But there’s no reason someone like that needs the platform of being on TV. There’s no reason she needs assistance in gaining social media followers which in turn increases her sponsorships and makes her more money. 

That said, there's always the danger that by punishing this kind of behavior, people will just learn not to say it, rather than learning not to think it. There have been moments in the BMPverse, and on other reality shows, where bigoted statements have led to the opportunity to educate and grow. Anyone remember Mike and Coral? I can’t, however, believe that this specific decision about this specific person was wrong. 

With regard to Camila, she apparently posted that she refused to be ignorant and used the hashtag all lives matter. So...a swing and a miss. Man am I glad she’s off my TV.

• Love 3
(edited)

Regardless of whether Dee supports BLM or not, I’ll take any reason for them to kick her off the show.

I don’t care if she’s putting on a front for the cameras or for the fans, she just seems like a terrible person.

I’m glad to never see her on another Challenge season again.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Regardless of whether Dee supports BLM or not, I’ll take any reason for them to kick her off the show.

Right!

That's why I'm hoping some other people will start getting called out on social media for their odious behavior and then maybe MTV will get rid of them too and I won't have to see them anymore lol.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly! Her thinking that was a good response is just amazing lol. At best, she’s really stupid!

I wonder if anyone else will get ‘fired’ now. I’m sure there’s loads of tweets out there from these idiots. I guess if they don’t make it to the media in some way though, MTV probably won’t really care.

Possibly but depends on the network. Bravo just fired four people from Vanderpump Rules for previous racist actions and/or words. The Taylor and Cory Teen Mom special was not aired in the US so that may be a sign of her no longer appearing on Teen Mom. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This instagram page has the cut scenes from last night's episode.  Looks like folks outside the US got the original version.  

There are about 20 minutes of cut scenes on the page that do so much for contextualizing everything that happened to lead up to the Tribunal and Purgatory.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

This instagram page has the cut scenes from last night's episode.  Looks like folks outside the US got the original version.  

There are about 20 minutes of cut scenes on the page that do so much for contextualizing everything that happened to lead up to the Tribunal and Purgatory.

Those clips provide 99% of the context of the entire episode.

I assume they're gonna reedit the entire season, at least up until Dee gets eliminated, if she gets eliminated. I'm curious whether they're gonna keep the rest of the season 60 minutes or go back to 90 minutes, but feature less Dee. I'm also operating under the assumption that this episode is 60 minutes because it was a last minute change.

• Love 1

Welp, looks like they are going to continue to edit out all things Dee from this season. They changed the description of the next episode to remove a reference to Dee’s storyline. 

This is such an overreaction. From reading the reactions  it’s almost universally agreed that fans don’t want them to edit this season. We know what Dee said. We know she’s banned. But even the people who are extremely offended by what she did can’t be that triggered by watching her on the rest of this season, can they? And the editing actually made her look better than the scenes they cut out. She is the main villain of this season. Cutting her out entirely removes most of the drama. 

The only remotely understandable explanation is if they were facing pressure from sponsors who were threatening to pull their ads. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I can't believe this has to be explained. 

Just finished reading the thread, yes unfortunately it needs to be explained. I am not triggered by keeping scenes of Dee in. I'm gonna laugh because she is determined to have a storyline and all that work is going in the trash. Don't want to be cancelled? Don't be a racist.

Edited by Jrae9233
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

How can you take their stances on Dee and Taylor seriously if they don’t go and cancel Johnny,Jordan,Mattie,Zach,Ninja,Bear and plenty of others? 

My sister told me that MTV is going to be looking into comments made by Jordan, Tori, Ninja, and Cory and make a determination. I don't know where she got this from though lol. Or why those as opposed to others. Although, we all know they'd never outright ban Johnny unless he like murdered someone or something.

11 hours ago, Jrae9233 said:

I'm gonna laugh because she is determined to have a storyline and all that work is going in the trash. 

It is pretty funny that Dee was striving so hard to be a villain this season to keep herself as a regular in the series and instead she got banned. Nice!

• Love 3

This is probably what she heard about Jordan.  I remembered that they got into an awful fight, but I had managed to forget how bad it was on both sides.  I had a vague recollection that she was more in the wrong (probably because my vague recollection is that she started shit with numerous cast members that season), but I definitely didn't remember him using the n-word and mimicking a monkey.  Nia has come out publicly and said she didn't think it was racial when it happened and she doesn't now. 

How the n-word was described as being used, with her saying it first, and him responding tit for tat, I can almost understand.  I don't feel like watching the clip again, but it sounds more like insult for insult being traded back and forth.  Obviously, it's not ok, but like I said, I can almost understand.  Except when you add in the monkey business...mmmm, it starts to look pretty bad.  However, I'm certainly not going to tell Nia how she should feel about it, but it looks pretty racial to me.

I don't recall him using the n-word in the fight (Does not mean he did not say it, I am just saying I do not remember), but I oddly enough I thought I remembered the monkey thing.   Like I can picture him doing it clearly but maybe I am misremembering it.  I just do not think I am because at the time I was like, "What the hell is wrong with this guy."

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I don't recall him using the n-word in the fight (Does not mean he did not say it, I am just saying I do not remember), but I oddly enough I thought I remembered the monkey thing.   Like I can picture him doing it clearly but maybe I am misremembering it.  I just do not think I am because at the time I was like, "What the hell is wrong with this guy."

I remember the monkey thing. He did the monkey thing.

• Love 2

I don't remember him saying the n-word either (although the aping did ring a faint bell) but apparently it did air, as did Jordan calling his dad the next day and talking about how upset he was he lost his temper to the point he used the word back at Nia*, and his dad apparently gave him advice that no matter what, he can't use that word.  They also apparently aired Marlon talking to Jordan the next day about the racial connotations of his behavior, which Nia now says even then she didn't think it was racial, but she was still pissed at Jordan so she didn't want to come to his defense.  Neither Jordan or Nia are disputing this is how it happened, but I am getting all of this from the article I linked above, not my first hand memory. 

• Love 1

Article I wrote for Saniac. A few things I should mention. One, it had been on the shelf for a while. I wrote it before some of the major moments from this season. Two, it’s a bit morbid. I wrote some funny stuff, but I took a unique and somewhat depressing view on the series. Let me know what you think of it. 🤓😀

• Love 2