Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, aghst said:

That will solidify that marriage.

No, that’ll happen when they get their own reality show. Working title: Nichols & Dime.

Yeah, I’m hoping for the best for Jenna and the kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Bryce Harper (Phillie)'s son's name is Krew, so at least Kyle's son's is spelled like...something that exists.

If it were Jax Crew he could be J. Crew, heh.  and CJC are better initials than JCC (Junior Chamber of Commerce).  

1 hour ago, Unclejosh said:

I can't link it as I am at work but that new Dear Evan Hansen promo with CT and Aneesa was pretty good.  

I liked it, being a fan of both Broadway (and DEH) and old school challengers. I wonder how much crossover there is in those two markets!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I rescind every semi-nice thing I have said about this cheating narcissist for the past couple of seasons. I thought he had matured. I was clearly wrong. (Also, if we're counting, it was nearly 3 years together, not 2. They've been dating since 2018.)

Morgan deserves better, and I have no doubt she'll find it. I love the way she worked in a clear allusion to his behavior without straight-up calling it out. 

• Love 2

Most of that article seemed to suggest that Bananas was low key when not doing a season, staying close to home and family.

And she expected something different?

Kind of a gap in their ages too.  

Maybe he’s blasé because women throw themselves at him, over the years he’s been on TV.  And since he’s concentrating on his own show, maybe MTV wouldn’t have just her back on The Challenge because they like to showcase couples who are competing together.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, peachmangosteen said:

It seems obvious in hindsight, but she seems like such a sweetheart and was so supportive of him, helped him manage his work stuff and brand deals, and had a great sense of humor about his nonsense. You could almost believe that at 40 he was ready to grow up and secure the woman he had way outplayed his coverage on for the future. And then you remember that it's him and that he believes there is an endless supply of women who would want to take whatever his huge forehead is willing to give them.

Good for her for leaving and calling him out (her sister is as well). She's the first girlfriend to do so. Seems like she's horrified by how he's acting now and realizing she completely misjudged him. Hopefully she'll realize how much better off she is soon.

• Love 7

She seemed like she went from reality show to reality show.

So maybe she wanted to become a regular on the Challenge but has only been on one season.

Maybe Johnny as her ticket to becoming a Challenge regular didn't work out so she soured on the relationship.

• Love 1

Morgan hasn't filmed a reality show in three years and has been clear that it's by choice. She has said that MTV reality shows gave her a lot of anxiety and that she really struggled with it after participating. Spoiler accounts have confirmed that she has been asked and has declined. If you follow her (I love her workouts), you know that she loved and supported him, she thought they were going to get married, he cheated, she found out, she left and was heartbroken, and she is now seeing by his behavior in handling their breakup that she was wrong about who he is as a person which I'm sure is also a heartbreak, just a different kind. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Morgan hasn't filmed a reality show in three years and has been clear that it's by choice. She has said that MTV reality shows gave her a lot of anxiety and that she really struggled with it after participating. Spoiler accounts have confirmed that she has been asked and has declined. If you follow her (I love her workouts), you know that she loved and supported him, she thought they were going to get married, he cheated, she found out, she left and was heartbroken, and she is now seeing by his behavior in handling their breakup that she was wrong about who he is as a person which I'm sure is also a heartbreak, just a different kind. 

And didn't Johnny basically make it a condition of their relationship that she is not to participate in reality tv? That totally doesn't sound controlling. 🙄

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, aghst said:

She seemed like she went from reality show to reality show.

So maybe she wanted to become a regular on the Challenge but has only been on one season.

Maybe Johnny as her ticket to becoming a Challenge regular didn't work out so she soured on the relationship.

Or maybe he cheated on her, as she has said, and that’s what made the relationship go sour for her.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:35 AM, DEL901 said:

Pauline and Cara Maria’s new business venture…https://www.thetenescape.com

If it keeps them off The Challenge, then I wish them success in this bullshit-sounding venture. :)

• Love 5

I just don't understand why they wouldn't start All-Stars after the current regular Challenge season ends. Wouldn't it be better to have consistent (year-round?) episodes rather than overlapping at weird times?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, shantown said:

I just don't understand why they wouldn't start All-Stars after the current regular Challenge season ends. Wouldn't it be better to have consistent (year-round?) episodes rather than overlapping at weird times?

I thought it was pretty weird the first time earlier this year. Why not wait until after the regular seasons ends?

TJ is not getting a break lol

Edited by AntFTW

I was scrolling through Netflix and came across this Road Rules/Challenge alum Theo's stand up special.

Theo was an absolute beast on the challenges and was mildly entertaining television, but this special looks cringeworthy. I could barely make it through the 2 minute preview

Edited by ljenkins782
13 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I was scrolling through Netflix and came across this Road Rules/Challenge alum Theo's stand up special.

Theo was an absolute beast on the challenges and was mildly entertaining television, but this special looks cringeworthy. I could barely make it through the 2 minute preview

It was boring, didn't make it too far in.

Gearing up for All Stars. These are from the show's YouTube:

. . . . and here's the trailer:

ETA: Here are interviews based off the show's 500th episode.

Edited by Lantern7

That video of everyone talking about who's in their dream cast has me really wanting a pairs challenge with an old school vet and a new school challenger teamed up together. Make some of those dreams come true!

• Love 5

In case you didn't hear  . . . CT is going to be in a movie. Apparently, it's on the level. I figured it was an April Fool's gag that came out five months early, because it was so random to me.

10 hours ago, AncientNewbie said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/the-challenges-bettina-buchanan-was-pregnant-while-filming-season-37/

Another unknowingly pregnant castmember. You'd think their insurance carrier would want them to test prior to competition. 

I think that the kid wouldn't be detected going into the season. From what I've heard, this is the fourth consecutive season where this happened.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:52 AM, jsm1125 said:

Leroy posted a long but worthwhile video of his experience during Dirty 30 with Camilla. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWUZICulsup/?utm_medium=copy_link

I'm not sure why I keep linking to the same tabloid, or what it says about me that US carries the news I'm looking for, but MTV and Bunim-Murray responded with a statement after Leroy's video. Generally supportive, but also the same sort of not-admitting-liability language that we expect from any such statement. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mtv-responds-to-leroy-garrett-the-challenge-camila-criticism/

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Why is he bringing it up now and now it's an issue when at the time he said he didn't have an issue. 

Towards the beginning of the video, I inferred that he ultimately retired from The Challenge at least partly because this issue was still bothering him. He probably figured that if he were to keep bringing it up while he was on the series, he would torpedo his chance of getting cast on future seasons. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

inferred that he ultimately retired from The Challenge at least partly because this issue was still bothering him.

I'm calling bullshit on that. He retired because his back was so bad that he could hardly sit in a chair for an hour for a podcast. He wasn't physically up to keep beating his body up doing challenges. 

• Love 2

Good on Leroy for speaking out. It was horrific how they continually allowed Camila's abhorrent behavior. They coddled her and she was allowed to continue on & win $500k after that episode. They only distanced themselves when she became physically violent with one of their employees.

BMP has a long history of looking the other way (Kenny, Evan, anyone?) until there's a lawsuit & they're in danger financially.  Leroy has every right to speak out on how the incident affected him and his relationship with the Challenge. 

The rumors about Emy and announced return of Jordan shows that they've learned little since, Their apology is convenient and self-serving. Does anyone think they personally reached out to him? 

• Love 12
On 11/20/2021 at 1:02 PM, xfuse said:

Why is he bringing it up now and now it's an issue when at the time he said he didn't have an issue. 

I’ve been in similar situations and I can tell you that when it happens, it may not bother you as much until you’ve had time to work through it or you go into survival mode to push it down.  You respond how others want you to respond (so many people were commenting on how well he handled himself), you know you can’t respond with the same energy as the aggressor because then you’ll be the bad guy, you’re in the workplace and don’t want to mess up your livelihood.  Sometimes when you bring things like this up, people challenge you on it and essentially tell you to get over it. It just so happens we are living in times where people are more receptive to our feelings, so maybe now it felt safe for him. Whatever his reason is for bringing it up now, it’s his issue to deal with and bring up  as he sees fit. We all process trauma differently (and it’s traumatic every time it happens). 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Whatever his reason is for bringing it up now, it’s his issue to deal with and bring up  as he sees fit. We all process trauma differently (and it’s traumatic every time it happens). 

I absolutely agree.  I see no reason to call bullshit on Leroy speaking out now.  It's not like we don't know it actually happened, that part is factual.  Camilla verbally assaulted Leroy in a racist way, and went on to make half a mil that same damn season.  I'd be fucking salty too. And he doesn't seem to want anything or be gaining anything from telling his perspective today.  I have no reason to doubt what he is describing as his feelings are his feelings.

• Love 13