Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

PBS NewsHour is talking to a Trump surrogate, so time to hit mute.

I like The Guardian's map, too.

People REALLY need to stay awake, even if Clinton appears to win, to see how this part of what the Guardian shows so effectively pans out.

NCDfch.jpg

This affects the next four years almost as much as the Presidency, because losing the Senate = blocked appointments. Losing the House isn't quite as bad, but still means lots of blocked laws.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

It does sound like there are still more outstanding votes in Dade and other big counties to make up for it.

Also, Broward hasn't reported much yet.

It's pretty much in the populated areas.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm flipping between that and CNN. I hid my remote so that I'd stay focused on puppies and kittens, but I can't stop flipping. This election is like crack.

I wasn't going to watch live - I planned to throw in a West Wing DVD and just check back once in a while, but I can't not watch it as it happening, even knowing early results in a lot of places will swing back and forth and make me crazy.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

DUCKWORTH WINS SENATE SEAT IN ILLINOIS

You are soooooo Behind! I called it FIRST two pages ago! or maybe last page. OH YUCK, AR goes to the orange Menace. ACK. Now it's a three point difference!!!!! 

I may just stroke out.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
because Alaska is NOT Arkansas!
  • Love 1

Florida looks like a squeaker for Trump--and a win for Rubio, yuck, Florida. 

Very glad about Duckworth--yay! 00over hideous Mark Kirk.   Dems could still get 50/50 in senate.

67/66 electoral so far.

Hillary's leading the Electoral College 68-57 right now. Right? Or where are we at now that Trump got Arkansas??

To the poster who mentioned Dana Bash & John King, they've been divorced since 2012. They were married 2008-2012.

1 minute ago, BW Manilowe said:

Hillary's leading the Electoral College 68-57 right now. Right? Or where are we at now that Trump got Arkansas??

To the poster who mentioned Dana Bash & John King, they've been divorced since 2012. They were married 2008-2012.

Nope. It's now 75-72,

who called Arkansas?  I'm watching CNN and they still haven't called it

2 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Broward is a big Democratic county, we can hope

I think they are waiting on Dade as well - which has a large latino population which, I believe,  is primarily for Hillary.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 1

WOW I had no idea! 

They did an interview with some Drumpf supporter and she bleated out that Hillary is untrustworthy and when they asked about Drumpf she said he will bring positive change. And that's it!  She couldn't give one goddammed specific thing that she thought Drumpf was going to bring to the table.  

I also saw another poll that white college-educated women were against HRC and I need to speak to these women, as I am one and don't get it.

68-66 for Hill right now.  I hope it only goes up and up for her from here.

• Love 1

Those fucking Johnson voters (so far) in Florida are taking at least twice as many votes as Trump is leading Clinton by.  Even the Stein voters are taking almost enough to have tipped it the other way.

Fucking protest votes...

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

They did an interview with some Drumpf supporter and she bleated out that Hillary is untrustworthy and when they asked about Drumpf she said he will bring positive change. And that's it!  She couldn't give one goddammed specific thing that she thought Drumpf was going to bring to the table.  

I also saw another poll that white college-educated women were against HRC and I need to speak to these women, as I am one and don't get it.

68-66 for Hill right now.  I hope it only goes up and up for her from here.

I saw that white college educated people in general were usually more for Republicans, and have been for many elections - they are surprised she has the amount she has based on the past - however if they narrow it to women in particular, Hillary has a lead.

Maybe there has been more recent info since I last looked though.

Edited by Rapunzel
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You are soooooo Behind! I called it FIRST two pages ago! or maybe last page. OH YUCK, AK goes to the orange Menace. ACK. Now it's a three point difference!!!!! 

I may just stroke out.

AR (Arkansas) went to the Orange Menace. They haven't called AK (Alaska) yet.

Just remember - CA has 55 EC Votes and is pretty much guaranteed to go to Hillary. That's part of the reason she doesn't HAVE to win FL, though it would certainly help.

I live in San Diego, and I know who I and nearly all of my friends, voted for and it wasn't the Oompa Loompa.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

Has anyone heard of anything unusual happening anywhere?  Is there reason to believe that all will go as expected?  It doesn't sound like any upsets yet.  I mean at the county level.  I'm sure they've all calculated every single county in FL or NC in polls, right?  Any counties going not as expected?

Edited by backgroundnoise

So I'm going to say this now, and hate me as you will - Steve Schmidt has been the most honest, and heartbroken Republican in this cycle.  And I love and appreciate that - we need a strong two party system and what is going now with the GOP is terrifying.  He should run for office.  He's a patriotic citizen and what he's seeing is breaking his civic heart - which is what should be happening.  More of him please.

• Love 9
Just now, debbie311 said:

So stressed.  Am I the only one who has already shed tears over this?!

Nope.  I saw the breakdown for Ohio, and was like please, let it be true!  Sickened for the future of this country if Drumpf gets elected.

• Love 2
Just now, HumblePi said:

Hillary Clinton has to win big or Donald is going to cry 'rigged'.  I hate seeing this dragged on even longer than it has.

68 electoral votes for Hillary   66 electoral votes for Trump

According to MSNBC, it's 75-Clinton; 72-Drumpf.

So stressed.  Am I the only one who has already shed tears over this?!

Nope.  That seemed to be how my anxiety over this election chose to manifest this morning -- I cried at about half a dozen things.  Then I was calm for much of the day, and then I turned into a basket case as polls started closing.

• Love 3