Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

What could these 4 HWs have in common? Really, what? LOL http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/10/adrienne-maloof-gretchen-rossi-cynthia-bailey-vicki-gunvalson-filming-new-reality-show/  Vicki's head is going to explode if this is true and No, Vicki, just no to that dress, especially from the side ((barf))!

What a weird mix, so what in the world could that new show be about. Maybe they took 4 Housewife "has beens" and "about to be has beens" (Vicki and Cynthia) to test some new type of show. Maybe Vicki sees the writing on the wall after this season of OC and agreed to it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

What a weird mix, so what in the world could that new show be about. Maybe they took 4 Housewife "has beens" and "about to be has beens" (Vicki and Cynthia) to test some new type of show. Maybe Vicki sees the writing on the wall after this season of OC and agreed to it.

Yes, such an odd mix:

They don't appear to be an All Star Team

They aren't all originals or even favorites from their franchises

Some are current RHWs and others are not but those that aren't have come back as FOHs

They aren't all divorced or married or have kids or single if you discount Gretch's parasite

Andy seems to have had a bone to pick with all of them and I've felt they weren't his favorites

Most of them don't play well with others including TPTB and have a degree of narcissism that exceeds the general RHW population

Most of them have had several failed odd products following their efforts to brand themselves

Most are blond and Cynthia is sometimes too

Three came to their franchise with a career and one was faked

...so the only common ground is RHW.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

What could these 4 HWs have in common? Really, what? LOL http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/10/adrienne-maloof-gretchen-rossi-cynthia-bailey-vicki-gunvalson-filming-new-reality-show/  Vicki's head is going to explode if this is true and No, Vicki, just no to that dress, especially from the side ((barf))!

Is this a show of very bad plastic surgery on parade with Cynthia as the host?  She is the only one that doesn't look jacked.  

Good god women.  Its like a donut.  One is good, a dozen is VERY bad.  One little snip or plump mighta been good and then they went for the dozen.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Speaking of houses...there haven't been any reports of Shannon purchasing another house.  They must be renting.

It was mentioned on the last episode that she wanted to build again and we're going to heed a rental in meantime.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was mentioned on the last episode that she wanted to build again and we're going to heed a rental in meantime.

I don't remember seeing any great views from that stuffy mansion so I hope, since they want to stay in the same district, they get a lot and build a home with an open airy feel and views.

• Love 1

What has Gretchen done to her face?  I thought she looked pretty bad in the Season 8 special but yikes!!!!!  Three of the four have hit the knife too hard and too often.  Cynthia is the only beauty in the bunch.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

What has Gretchen done to her face?  I thought she looked pretty bad in the Season 8 special but yikes!!!!!  Three of the four have hit the knife too hard and too often.  Cynthia is the only beauty in the bunch.

Even Cynthia has had some questionable PS/tweaking done to her face, although she looks natural compared to the other 3 in that picture. There was some discussion about it in the Atl. thread this past season.

Well, I hate to say it, but I officially no longer feel bad for him. Yeah, he had a shitty childhood with a mother who exploited his problems for TV. He had a heartbreaking vulnerability. But, at the end of the day, we all have choices. He has made some pretty self-destructive ones. And he's an adult. I have compassion for him in the same way I have compassion for anyone who is struggling, but I can't blame Lauri for his complete recklessness anymore.

• Love 9

Does this or any thread allow spoilers?  I want to post an article from People Magazine of an interview with Vicki, only it contains some news that has not appeared on the show yet.  Anyone know where I can post it?

12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does this or any thread allow spoilers?  I want to post an article from People Magazine of an interview with Vicki, only it contains some news that has not appeared on the show yet.  Anyone know where I can post it?

You could post the link here and add that is has upcoming spoilers or you could post the link in the "First Looks" thread with the same spoiler alert.

• Love 1

Thanks for the tip.  I guess I could do that.  I just wanted to discuss the news though. It's quite amusing and I wanted to share.  Oh well....I guess I'm limited.  I thought all the shows had at least ONE thread were spoiler discussion was fine.  Oh well.......

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the tip.  I guess I could do that.  I just wanted to discuss the news though. It's quite amusing and I wanted to share.  Oh well....I guess I'm limited.  I thought all the shows had at least ONE thread were spoiler discussion was fine.  Oh well.......

That would be the First Look thread. LOL Most know that we discuss things revealed in the press/tabloids, not just in actual First Look previews. Post the link, I know I will read it and discuss it in that thread. LOL

• Love 1

I was watching Rogers Cup Tennis yesterday, women's semi-finals in Montreal, & imagine my surprise when the camera panning the audience honed in on Ryan, Tamra's son, in all his bearded splendor & glory.  (He was with an Asian woman.)  Just sayin'.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I was watching Rogers Cup Tennis yesterday, women's semi-finals in Montreal, & imagine my surprise when the camera panning the audience honed in on Ryan, Tamra's son, in all his bearded splendor & glory.  (He was with an Asian woman.)  Just sayin'.

Gee, do you think he is going international trying to find women on Instagram?  Canada is a foreign country!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kelly Dodd had signed contracts to be on the show for Season 8 and her husband blocked having their daughter on:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/08/15/kelly-dodd-reveals-supposed-rhoc-ex-husband-prevented/  Kind of makes the friends with Meghan story reek of BS.

Well, that is just disappointing.  I may have to stop watching the show, as I just don't plain like her.  She has taken Tammy's stirring to nauseating levels and I just can't with that.

• Love 3

No to Gretchen, Vicki, Cindy and Adrienne together (or apart) on a reality show.

But I must go back and look at Gretchens face again as  someone upthread mentioned Gretchie Poo's face looking different. Probably it's just a new set of longer, bigger veneers.She already has horsey face, might as well make the teeth go with the face!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, b2H said:

Well, that is just disappointing.  I may have to stop watching the show, as I just don't plain like her.  She has taken Tammy's stirring to nauseating levels and I just can't with that.

All that means is that Kelly was supposed to be on Season 8 but wasn't because her daughter couldn't film.  This does not mean that she has signed contracts for next season.  It is WAY too early for that yet.  And wouldn't that be Season 12 anyways?  

• Love 2
On August 16, 2016 at 9:28 AM, slitz said:

All that means is that Kelly was supposed to be on Season 8 but wasn't because her daughter couldn't film.  This does not mean that she has signed contracts for next season.  It is WAY too early for that yet.  And wouldn't that be Season 12 anyways?  

Geez, I hope you are right.  Kelly's own behavior should make her ineligible, due to immaturity.  Her daughter shows more restraint.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, WireWrap said:

What could these 4 HWs have in common? Really, what? LOL http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/10/adrienne-maloof-gretchen-rossi-cynthia-bailey-vicki-gunvalson-filming-new-reality-show/  Vicki's head is going to explode if this is true and No, Vicki, just no to that dress, especially from the side ((barf))!

The Surreal World: Housewives Edition?

Big Brother: Bravo Edition?

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, Medicine Crow said:

That reminds me. I was waiting for a flight to ATL from Richmond, VA and thought I saw Tamra's son, Ryan, at the terminal but decided it couldn't have possibly been him when he started talking about his job with his friends.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the "First Look" thread is the p[lace, but you might want to use spoiler tags.

• Love 3

Josh Waring is facing additional charges.  He has been charged with battery, hit and run with property damage, evading police/reckless driving, resisting arrest and obstructing an officer, and unlawful taking of a vehicle.

He denies he was the shooter that night.  "I was under the influence, and was chased off the property.  "It was a mistake of bad timing.  Someone came back and shot up the house. Just because I had priors, I was arrested."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3759083/Troubled-son-ex-Real-Housewives-Orange-County-star-Lauri-Peterson-hit-new-charges-linked-ongoing-attempted-murder-case.html

Even if he doesn't get time for the shootings (don't count on it), he'll get major time for some of the other charges.  Sounds like they don't have the gun, but there are plenty of witnesses to the shootings.  Oh, he'll be in prison for decades.  Is Lauri to blame?  Is her being on the show or his limited time on the show to blame?  I say no.  But this sure is an ugly story.  And Satan Andy certainly has attracted lots of ugly stories connected to his Housewives band of nutcases.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Even if he doesn't get time for the shootings (don't count on it), he'll get major time for some of the other charges.  Sounds like they don't have the gun, but there are plenty of witnesses to the shootings.  Oh, he'll be in prison for decades.  Is Lauri to blame?  Is her being on the show or his limited time on the show to blame?  I say no.  But this sure is an ugly story.  And Satan Andy certainly has attracted lots of ugly stories connected to his Housewives band of nutcases.

This is simply so incredibly sad and such a waste; a waste of a potential life (Josh's), public money, court time, TV time and on and on.

Is Laurie responsible for his downward spiral? MHO? Yes and no. She's a shitty parent, more involved in her search for $ than her kids, she's repeatedly refused to take responsibility for her kids, blaming them for disappointing her despite her seemingly having other priorities. I'm willing to assume that she does love her kids--only a seriously disturbed person doesn't have some real affection and protective feelings for their kids. But she also made some astoundingly bad choices; deciding to call Josh from a beach in Hawaii while he was in a juvie cell, bringing home to him what he was missing because he was a screw-up. Her decision to put his addiction intervention on camera as she prepped her wedding as a sop for sympathy for herself. Her public comment that the then adolescent daughter (I forget her name) was the only one of her kids who hadn't disappointed her and so on.

The cards were stacked against him. But he's an adult and now making his own choices...bad ones, evidently. And yes, he's likely going away for a long time for this latest incident.

• Love 1

I had so much compassion for Josh for so long because, yes, Laurie was a passively cruel mother on camera. But, at the end of the day, we all have our stories. And there are people who have had it worse than Josh. It's ultimately up to us to take responsibility for our lives. He's been an adult for a while and it seems he has hit many low point/bottoms along the way where he could have turned things around if he made the difficult choice to do so. He's not just an addict anymore, he's a criminal. It's sad, but he can't blame Laurie for the rest of his life for his decisions.

• Love 6

The question most of us ask is -- did Lauri do all she could to help him?  I suspect she tried.  Once he becomes an adult & refuses to be helped, there's not much a relative can do anymore, right?  Look at Kim Richards.  Seems like a somewhat similar situation.

Could she have forced him into rehab?  Maybe she could have bribed him with some of George's dough.  Maybe she tried that & it didn't work, as often happens.  Or maybe she's not in a position do such a thing cuz it's George's dough (not hers) and he wouldn't allow it.

Would it have helped if she tried to get him some sort of job or some career direction? Doubt it.  His drug probs are still gonna be there, whether he has a job or career or not.  Besides, she did sorta try to motivate Trashley & she still seems aimless & she's over 30 now -- um, yikes!

Idk, I still wonder if there was anything she could have done to stop him from this snowballing decline into spending decades in jail.  So if there is sympathy to feel in this very ugly situation, who is it for?  Lauri?  Josh?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

The question most of us ask is -- did Lauri do all she could to help him?  I suspect she tried.  Once he becomes an adult & refuses to be helped, there's not much a relative can do anymore, right?  Look at Kim Richards.  Seems like a somewhat similar situation.

Could she have forced him into rehab?  Maybe she could have bribed him with some of George's dough.  Maybe she tried that & it didn't work, as often happens.  Or maybe she's not in a position do such a thing cuz it's George's dough (not hers) and he wouldn't allow it.

Would it have helped if she tried to get him some sort of job or some career direction? Doubt it.  His drug probs are still gonna be there, whether he has a job or career or not.  Besides, she did sorta try to motivate Trashley & she still seems aimless & she's over 30 now -- um, yikes!

Idk, I still wonder if there was anything she could have done to stop him from this snowballing decline into spending decades in jail.  So if there is sympathy to feel in this very ugly situation, who is it for?  Lauri?  Josh?

Lauri, and I don't care for her at all. You can't force sobriety on someone and you can't keep cleaning up after them/enabling them. She tried but Josh made the final decision for himself even though they all have to live with his bad decision. The only person who deserves real sympathy and support is his very young daughter.

• Love 4

I wanna write Lauri off as an awful parent & self-absorbed & only interested in finding & holding onto a man who will keep her in a "luxury" lifestyle.  But I just can't do that.  I think Lauri has made some effort to help Josh.

We first saw him as a very troubled teen.  Could she have done more to help him back then -- and even since then?  That's what I keep wondering.  She says he was predisposed to being a drug addict.  Could that be true?  Or is she trying to take away any blame (or responsibility) off herself for Josh's downfall?  That would be pretty disgusting of Lauri to do, right?

Hate to say it, cuz I always thought Lauri was just a really lousy mother for so many reasons, but I am sympathetic to her about Josh.  But I still think she's an awful person.

Maybe Josh will clean himself up in jail.  He'll have no choice.  If he doesn't, he'll end up dead.  Hope his child will be OK.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I wanna write Lauri off as an awful parent & self-absorbed & only interested in finding & holding onto a man who will keep her in a "luxury" lifestyle.  But I just can't do that.  I think Lauri has made some effort to help Josh.

We first saw him as a very troubled teen.  Could she have done more to help him back then -- and even since then?  That's what I keep wondering.  She says he was predisposed to being a drug addict.  Could that be true?  Or is she trying to take away any blame (or responsibility) off herself for Josh's downfall?  That would be pretty disgusting of Lauri to do, right?

Hate to say it, cuz I always thought Lauri was just a really lousy mother for so many reasons, but I am sympathetic to her about Josh.  But I still think she's an awful person.

Maybe Josh will clean himself up in jail.  He'll have no choice.  If he doesn't, he'll end up dead.  Hope his child will be OK.

I think Lauri did fail him and his siblings in the mothering department, she wasn't much of a "Mom" but she did try to help him. At some point though, Josh made the decision that he wanted to/needed to get high more than anyone/anything else and that is on him.

Lauri took her sweet time in coming to her granddaughters rescue though, too much time IMO. Grrrrrr.......

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

According to all about the real housewives (I don't know how to link), production sent a letter to all the hws telling them to stop the social media fights. Shannon complained about it. 

Here you go...

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/09/30/rhoc-cast-on-media-lockdown-after-producers-send-shocking-letter

“The constant, ugly fighting is a bad look for you, and bad for the show,” it reads. “You may not like each other, may not trust each other and often wish you weren’t on the show together – but taking shots at each other on social media isn’t the answer. Save it for the show… for the reunion… and please stop fighting so dirty.”

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Here you go...

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/09/30/rhoc-cast-on-media-lockdown-after-producers-send-shocking-letter

“The constant, ugly fighting is a bad look for you, and bad for the show,” it reads. “You may not like each other, may not trust each other and often wish you weren’t on the show together – but taking shots at each other on social media isn’t the answer. Save it for the show… for the reunion… and please stop fighting so dirty.”

I'm calling BS on this "letter"! LOL Andy loves this kind of fighting, it keeps the viewers involved and coming back each week. They didn't make Luann/Carole/NY stop last year, or any other HW SM fight (there have been a number of them) ever.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm calling BS on this "letter"! LOL Andy loves this kind of fighting, it keeps the viewers involved and coming back each week. They didn't make Luann/Carole/NY stop last year, or any other HW SM fight (there have been a number of them) ever.

I agree!  No one from the network or production send anyone anything to tone it down!!  If anything they are ones throwing fuel on the fire!! 

• Love 3
On 7/11/2016 at 9:44 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Yes, such an odd mix:

They don't appear to be an All Star Team

They aren't all originals or even favorites from their franchises

Some are current RHWs and others are not but those that aren't have come back as FOHs

They aren't all divorced or married or have kids or single if you discount Gretch's parasite

Andy seems to have had a bone to pick with all of them and I've felt they weren't his favorites

Most of them don't play well with others including TPTB and have a degree of narcissism that exceeds the general RHW population

Most of them have had several failed odd products following their efforts to brand themselves

Most are blond and Cynthia is sometimes too

Three came to their franchise with a career and one was faked

...so the only common ground is RHW.

I hope its like one of those Japanese torture game shows but with a big brother angle so the torture is long, ongoing and inescapable.

• Love 5

I hope they all have to live and work in a homeless shelter for an entire year to collect their Bravo bucks.   Or have to do humiliating things every episode like cram worms down their pants,  and eat actual gross things.  Not foie gras or shrimp, but baloot eggs and tripe.   Possibly have to wash the butts of Sumo wrestlers.   Live in hoarded trailers.  Date really gross loser guys like Slade and Brooks.  

• Love 1

Not precisely related to a Housewife, but: 

Yesterday (via Facebook) I saw a days-old news report about a Coto de Caza woman whose airline seat assignment was changed at the request of two men. I will not get into the heres and theres of that story (it has nothing to do with this topic), except to say my immediate reaction was, "I seriously hope it wasn't Vicki." 

• Love 1
On 10/4/2016 at 7:11 AM, ivygirl said:

Not precisely related to a Housewife, but: 

Yesterday (via Facebook) I saw a days-old news report about a Coto de Caza woman whose airline seat assignment was changed at the request of two men. I will not get into the heres and theres of that story (it has nothing to do with this topic), except to say my immediate reaction was, "I seriously hope it wasn't Vicki." 

Probably was because they did not want to be stuck listening to her cry about her empty love tank and try to sell them insurance.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, slitz said:

Has anyone been able to find anything on social media from the reunion taping yesterday?  I haven't seen anything posted to Heather or Gramballs' twitter accounts.

None of them are tweeting about it!

• Love 1