Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

I think Vicki and Brianna clearly love each other.

I also think people are capable of positive evolution.

If Brianna and Vicki are willing to work hard, they can make their relationship stronger and happier.

Perhaps with a lot of psychotherapy, Vicki could evolve enough, but her thinking is way too self-centered and selfish....and she is a tad old to tolerate much introspection of her behavior. From all the very long years of watching Vicki make a fool of herself....I think she is stuck where she is and will unlikely experience much happiness.

• Love 11

Does anyone remember the time Vicki bought a Mercedes(?) for Brianna?

This was when Brianna was still in college, if I remember correctly.

Brianna argued w/ Vicki b/c she did not want to accept a car she couldn't afford. Vicki didn't exactly give it to her. She was going to make Brianna take over the payments. Vicki did all of that w/o Brianna's input.

Anyway, I hope Brianna and Vicki work through their relationship issues in a healthy way.

Briana was in school in Azusa and had a car with 130,000 miles on it.  She was living about 45 miles away from Vicki.Vicki leased or procured a car for her when she was 19 or in her second year of the four year program.  Reality check-Vicki can't buy a car for Briana and sign her up for payments.  Briana wasn't working so I doubt she could qualify for a loan.  I think it was another Briana/Vicki moment where Vicki says something idiotic and brag worthy..  So when she finished school she either kept the car  or leased  a new one.  I would say the same thing happened with the Mercedes SUV-she probably leased it and the lease was up or they sold Ryan's truck. 

Briana will always have issues as long as she insists her mom is her best friend.  Briana has previously said she doesn't like having girlfriends.  Not too surprising after a year in Oklahoma neither she nor Ryan have developed any friendships.  It just seems there are usually events connected to the military where they could be meeting and enjoying other couples.

• Love 1

breezy - I think Vicki helped with the house because Briana was not working and I doubt Ryan could afford it on his own.....

I do not think Vicki helps asuch as she says she does and that is the main issue that Briana has with Brooks. Vicki does more for this man than her kids.

• Love 5

Isn't it a little odd that there are so many more pictures of her daughter then her son (who lives an hour or so away)? I never looked at her Instagram before, it was interesting. I have less of an idea of who she really could be then ever before. 

• Love 3

Isn't it a little odd that there are so many more pictures of her daughter then her son (who lives an hour or so away)? I never looked at her Instagram before, it was interesting. I have less of an idea of who she really could be then ever before.

I think on RHOC Vicki mentioned he works for her company COTO Insurance from his home computer. They may text each other frequently concerning her business. Though not see him physically that much even though he lives an hour away. In addition, he may not wish to have his photos included in his mother's Twitter or Instagram accounts??? This could be an plausible explanation of why we see so little of Michael, IMO. Edited by talula
  • Love 7

breezy - I think Vicki helped with the house because Briana was not working and I doubt Ryan could afford it on his own.....

I have to disagree with this for two reasons:  one, we don't know what their finances were and two, if Vicks helped with the house, we would have heard about it.  Because that's what Vicks is all about...

• Love 7

Yeah I have to chime in with the briana is odd sentiment. I feel bad snarking on her but she does put herself out there regularly. I used to think briana and Michael were the best adjusted oc kids but now I am not so sure. It seems like briana has a lot of emotional issues, going back to the weird marriage like high school relationship. Her life tailspinned after that and she latched onto the first guy that looked her way it seems, even though his past and character seem really shady. Briana defends him by stating that her temper is just as bad. Huh? Those poor kids. Sorry I just dont see that marriage ending well. She also just seems really whiny and moody. She bitched to Vicki about how she hated California and always wanted to get away but Vicki didnt let her. Dude no you didn't, you wanted to stay near your high school bf. and now she hates OK and wants to go back to the OC. She just seems really negative and volatile to me.

And Michael won't tell Vicki where he lives, when she is paying his salary? What? he seems really ungrateful to me, like he'd be a Tamra's Ryan type if Mommy didn't employ him.

Maybe I am being too hard on them... Brianna probably didn't fully understand what she was getting into but I don't enjoy her onscreen presence.

Awhile back someone mentioned Vicki's hypocrisy about making her kids feel bad about leaving her when she moved mike and briana cross country many years ago. Jeana actually called her on that a long time ago, implying that it added to the strain with their father. Who knows what he was really like though.

Edited by Htm222
  • Love 4

Some kids identify with the narcissist. Others recognize that there is a problem and cease contact entirely or have very limited contact.

Yes, which is why (I think) that Brianna was so quick to jump into marriage, especially with someone in the armed forces.  Michael seems to have been working on his breakaway for years.  However, Brianna is (seemingly) still looking for love and approval, while she (might) know that she'll never get it, it would take years (*with therapy) to get past it.  

• Love 3

I'd love to see Tamra and Meghan gone too. I have a perhaps nostalgic soft spot for vicki and her deep love for her kids but I think her story has run its course so I am indifferent about her staying, I love Shannon. I tolerate Heather but I am kind of sick of the overexposed Dubrows. Lizzie IMO either isn't interesting enough or isn't open enough to be a housewife and I get the impression her husband wants no part of these people.

I want to know what Lauri and Jeana are up to.

• Love 7

Real Housewives of Orange County's Vicki Gunvalson is 100% Done with Brooks Ayers

The #RHOC star opens up about her split from her controversial ex-boyfriend.

by Jocelyn Vena October 5, 2015 • 2:31 PM ET

BRAVO Daily Dish

Will Vicki Gunvalson and Brooks Ayers ever get back together? Well, according to the Real Housewives of Orange County star, the answer is no. “I’m done with Brooks,” she told fans in a Periscope video on Sunday (October 4). “100 percent. I’ll never, ever be back with Brooks."

While Andy Cohen previously predicted the on and off couple might get back together following their August split, Vicki seemed certain that she won't reconcile with Brooks, whose cancer diagnosis has been at the center of drama this season on RHOC. "We were unequally yoked in many levels. We looked at our future and realized we were good for right now but not good for lifetime," she added. "So it's gonna be good for him and good for me.” Regarding his much-discussed health, Vicki reiterated, "Yes, he has cancer."

Not that Vicki seems completely against romance reunions. “I do miss [my ex-husband] Donn. Everybody misses Donn. Tamra saw her psychic… and the psychic says he predicts me to be back with Donn. I doubt that’s very much going to happen, but that was interesting that he said that," she said. (It should be noted it's the same psychic that shared his opinion of Brooks' cancer earlier this season.) "Donn and I were not good married people. Maybe we would be now because I learned a lot of life lessons. I would be a better wife.”

As for her love life, the now-single Vicki did share that she wouldn't mind finding someone special. "I don't need a man. Well, I kind of need a man 'cause I like having a partner," she said.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-of-orange-county-vicki-gunvalson-100-percent-done-with-brooks-ayers

• Love 4

"I don't need a man. Well, I kind of need a man..." Oh Vicki. 

I get what she means, but I'm not even psychic and I see another conman making his way toward her empty vessel of neediness right about now. 

• Love 6

Interesting thoughts about Vicki's business practices. It does seem like a lot of these housewives are involved in shady businesses. What exactly does Vicki do.? she seems like some kind of middleman and the insurers pay her fees for selling their policies?

The knickerbockers struck me as really shady when they were on, like they were (worse than Giuidice level) fraudsters. That house flood was so strange, and she was never able to talk about it again because of litigation. I thought a toilet flooded?

Christian Rovsek is extremely wealthy too, and he is pretty young. He worked for that infamous toxic mortgage brokerage

• Love 1

That's so weird! I need to read Andy's book one of these days. This whole Brooks thing, there's something up, I just can't put my finger on it...

I read about 100 pages of Andy's book and IMO he never divulges any specific info about anybody. You're left guessing who he might be referring to. It was one of the most boring books I've ever read...and i read a lot.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from reading it..we're all different so others might enjoy it.

As one reviewer of the book said "it's the literary equivalent of ambien".

I agree

• Love 4

I read a few posts (somewhere on this forum) commenting on recent photos of Vicki, saying she looked "slimmer."  This may explain it.

She's tweeting about some waist cincher thingey that KimZ uses.  She never stops hawking some product or another.  If you buy one and use Vicki's code, you can get a 15% discount.   LOL

vicki%20waist%20tweet_zpsrjrjb6yb.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

While some of the things Vicki has said were racist or just plain rude, her snickered remark that Taliban Jim was a "smelly dork" confirmed what many viewers already suspected and became one of the snarktastic high points of that season.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

I read a few posts (somewhere on this forum) commenting on recent photos of Vicki, saying she looked "slimmer."  This may explain it.

She's tweeting about some waist cincher thingey that KimZ uses.  She never stops hawking some product or another.  If you buy one and use Vicki's code, you can get a 15% discount.   LOL

vicki%20waist%20tweet_zpsrjrjb6yb.jpg

Sorry but this waist reducer thing is just plain dangerous.  I believe that the reason why Kim Zoliak (sp?) had the mini stroke could have been a result of wearing this thing.  And BTW, the results are not permanent.  If you stop wearing it, your body goes back to its natural shape.

• Love 8

Well, the waist clincher, the botox, all the unnecessary surgeries, the smoking, the drinking, she eats horrible, and she hates to exercise, probably all played a part in her mini heart attack, but I am just guessing!

• Love 3

A lot of female "celebrities" are hawking the waist thing right now. that and some sort of tea.... a teeth whiter contraption.....and protein shake. 

I don't follow many famous people but those 4 things show up A LOT.

• Love 3

I must say the producers outdid themselves with stupidity this cancer and making odds on a newlyweds' marriage.  What is up for next year the Ryans joining forces and operating a dog fighting ring?

DIdn't Briana used to live with a guy who raised pit bulls?  The plot thickens!  

• Love 1

Vicki mentioned not knowing exactly where Michael lives ages ago when he first moved away.    Since that time, when asked, she says she knows exactly where he lives.  I think Andy even questioned her at some time in the not recent past and she gave him "the are you crazy?" look and said of course she does, he works for her.  She mentioned the city, but I can't remember it.

Interesting but I doubt it is true.

Maybe not. LOL I am sure they got swamped by phone calls and I wouldn't be suprised they were upset by that alone. If Brooks never had a PET scan there, as he claimed ON camera, they may, at the very least, release a statement saying he never recieved a PET Scan at their facility. Really, that is all they would need to do to discredit him.

DIdn't Briana used to live with a guy who raised pit bulls?  The plot thickens!  

No, that was the daughter of another HW, not Briana.

Vicki mentioned not knowing exactly where Michael lives ages ago when he first moved away.    Since that time, when asked, she says she knows exactly where he lives.  I think Andy even questioned her at some time in the not recent past and she gave him "the are you crazy?" look and said of course she does, he works for her.  She mentioned the city, but I can't remember it.

I am sure that Vicki knows his home address now but has she ever been to his apartment/home? That is the bigger question LOL.I have a feeling that he lives in San Diego (2 hours away from her) to keep his mother at a distance. At their dinner, Vicki said that she doesn't see Michael all that often and I believe her. IMO, he limits how much he comes back to OC so that he doesn't have to interact with her/Brooks all that much. He will, though, go on vacation with them to Mexico time to time. LOL

Please. Michael works for Vicki, sees her all the time.  Think there's enough armchair psychology on this board?

I think it is part of Vicki's hyperbole.  If Michael saw her everyday there would still be something about the fact he lives two hours away.

Maybe not. LOL I am sure they got swamped by phone calls and I wouldn't be suprised they were upset by that alone. If Brooks never had a PET scan there, as he claimed ON camera, they may, at the very least, release a statement saying he never recieved a PET Scan at their facility. Really, that is all they would need to do to discredit him.

No, that was the daughter of another HW, not Briana.

I am sure that Vicki knows his home address now but has she ever been to his apartment/home? That is the bigger question LOL.I have a feeling that he lives in San Diego (2 hours away from her) to keep his mother at a distance. At their dinner, Vicki said that she doesn't see Michael all that often and I believe her. IMO, he limits how much he comes back to OC so that he doesn't have to interact with her/Brooks all that much. He will, though, go on vacation with them to Mexico time to time. LOL

Michael went back to Oklahoma for Christmas last year. I think he probably has to go to OC when his mom is out of town-he is the vice president of Coto Insurance after all.  I don't think Michael has issues with Brooks, he is probably grateful his mom has a companion. 

At this point pretty much everything Vicki says I take with a grain of salt.  I think that is why she keeps shutting down these Brooks cancer conversations.  She makes representations that others take literally and then realizes it is improbable or contradictory and has no way put other then to jump up and leave.

• Love 3

Years ago Vicki first ex-husband opened up about his relationship with Vicki-all I could find were a few highlights and this:  https://tvtime101.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/real-housewives-of-orange-county-vicki-gs-ex-ex-has-a-freakin-blog/  Basiclly Vicki was less than truthful.

I know the first ex maintained Vicki and Donn had a longtime affair and Vicki allegedly got pregnant and had an abortion and begged her ex not tell the parents. 

• Love 4

Years ago Vicki first ex-husband opened up about his relationship with Vicki-all I could find were a few highlights and this:  https://tvtime101.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/real-housewives-of-orange-county-vicki-gs-ex-ex-has-a-freakin-blog/  Basiclly Vicki was less than truthful.

I know the first ex maintained Vicki and Donn had a longtime affair and Vicki allegedly got pregnant and had an abortion and begged her ex not tell the parents.

That stuff came out around the third or fourth season (maybe even the second?) because Vicki basically acted like she was this struggling single mother after her first divorce and her ex set the story straight. A lot of people on TWOP rightly called her a hypocrite because of all of her Jesus stanning and "no sex before marriage!" crap she kept telling her kids.
  • Love 8

She didn't just mention it. She outright said that he wouldn't give her his address. It was in a scene 3 or so years ago when she met him and a friend (maybe a girlfriend) for drinks. She asked him when he was going to let her know his address and he said something like "never". She then interviewed that he had lived alone for a while but refused to give her his address because he wanted his privacy. She also laughed about it in her blog that week.

• Love 9

She didn't just mention it. She outright said that he wouldn't give her his address. It was in a scene 3 or so years ago when she met him and a friend (maybe a girlfriend) for drinks. She asked him when he was going to let her know his address and he said something like "never". She then interviewed that he had lived alone for a while but refused to give her his address because he wanted his privacy. She also laughed about it in her blog that week.

And she only laughed and pretended to have a sense of humor about it because that's some telling stuff right there.  (Vicki has no sense of humor or perspective about herself whatsoever, but the only way to sell 'My son doesn't want to share his address with me!' is to try and be tee-hee about it.)  I know plenty of people who have issues with their moms, but few are as overtly turned off from spending time with them, having them know where they live, or have an on-camera history of their droopy dog weepy mom sobbing because she wasn't treated like Queen MILF by his frat brothers when she dropped in unannounced. 

You don't need to have a childhood out of Mommie Dearest to have something of a nightmare of a parent. 

• Love 14

Kinda makes Tamra look good in comparison right now.

• Love 3

Kinda makes Tamra look good in comparison right now.

To each their own but not to me. At least Vicki didn't pawn her kids off to the most convenient person who would take them and run off with Donn, ignore them until they were adults and then try to have a relationship with them.

• Love 9

To each their own but not to me. At least Vicki didn't pawn her kids off to the most convenient person who would take them and run off with Donn, ignore them until they were adults and then try to have a relationship with them.

True. But, I think that each them brings a very special type of parenting to the table. Neither is going to be tossing stones around anytime soon.

• Love 3

I have no use for dads that don't fight to see their children. None.zero.nada. Vicki is no prize but she is definitely the lessor of the two evils.

I think Vicki definitely provided the ore stable of the two homes. 

According to Ryan's bio father once Simon came into the picture he provided a home for Ryan.  So Tamra had some years with him because of Simon.  http://starcasm.net/archives/232895  I think by the tie we saw Ryan he was 21 and returning home.  Oh how he hated the rules of Simon's.

• Love 2

I think Vicki definitely provided the ore stable of the two homes. 

According to Ryan's bio father once Simon came into the picture he provided a home for Ryan.  So Tamra had some years with him because of Simon.  http://starcasm.net/archives/232895  I think by the tie we saw Ryan he was 21 and returning home.  Oh how he hated the rules of Simon's.

It is my understanding that Ryan only lived with Tamra and Simon for a year or two before she shipped him off to her mom. Is there an interview saying that he stayed with them longer than that?
  • Love 3

My first time playing PI, found this....I never knew any of this...

http://starcasm.net/archives/270066

That photo looks remarkably like the one they ran of Simon when he was arrested for tossing the leash.  http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-simon-barney-allegedly-arrested-beating-tamra/ There are no police or hospital reports to back up Ryan's allegations of previous abuse.  Has Tamra even alleged any of this in her pleading to get custody of the children. . . no.  What Ryan is admitting to is living with Simon until he was 18. 

With Tamra and Simon being in the public eye there would a little something to indicate this pattern of behavior or single incident of behavior.

So he supposedly lived with them until he was 18? Hmmmm, well I guess but that really goes against what was said previously. Very, very strange.

Ryan lived with his father, then Simon and Tamra, and then Grandma, then Simon and Tamra, then on his own and back to Grandma's house.  So it is a bit misleading. 

• Love 2

Whenever I think of Ryan I think of him as a less popular, less socialized  Douglas Neidermeyer: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=douglas+neidermeyer+end+of+film&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7NDKB_enUS584&biw=1455&bih=732&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDAQ7AlqFQoTCN30lIiVtsgCFRfjYwodZ5QPLQ#imgdii=nxX6bD0JB8VetM%3A%3BnxX6bD0JB8VetM%3A%3B_aDfsdicWgShiM%3A&imgrc=nxX6bD0JB8VetM%3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFCaIAnETk

Donald Sutherland weighs in:   https://nomeatballs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/donald-sutherland-national-lampoons-anaimal-house.jpg?w=450&h=337

And we all know what happened to Neidermeyer.

My second dream scenario for Vicki, giving up and Brooks and finding herself a 35 rapper or hip hop artist and group dating with Kris Jenner, Cory Gamble, Kyle Richards, Mauricio Uansky and Faye Resnick.  I would love to see Ryan's face when Vicki brought home a hip young rapper:   http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/87359-kris-jenner-boyfriend-corey-gamble-hit-the-town-with-kyle-richards/1432221185_kris-corey-kyle-faye-zoom.jpg

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

My first time playing PI, found this....I never knew any of this...

http://starcasm.net/archives/270066

Wow... that is all news to me too.  I'd never read that Simon beat Tamra up?

On a superficial level, damn, Ryan sure has changed a lot physically since that picture of him and Tamra was taken at her wedding. I mean, he isn't remotely attractive when he's "clean shaven" either, but at least he doesn't look like a crazy hipster serial killer. 

• Love 6