Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

Wow... that is all news to me too.  I'd never read that Simon beat Tamra up?

On a superficial level, damn, Ryan sure has changed a lot physically since that picture of him and Tamra was taken at her wedding. I mean, he isn't remotely attractive when he's "clean shaven" either, but at least he doesn't look like a crazy hipster serial killer. 

I think the reason it was widely circulated is because Ryan made it up.  Tamra is learning through the courts you can't just make stuff up.

• Love 2

OCTOBER 5, 2015 · 4:37 PM

Vicki Gunvalson Reveals A Lot On Latest Periscope

TAMARA TATTLES

http://tamaratattles.com/2015/10/05/vicki-gunvalson-reveals-a-lot-on-latest-periscope/#more-17775

excerpt--

Vicki Gunvalson headed off to Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara with two other ladies right after filming the reunion for a couple of days to destress and detox. Of course nothing says taking your mind off the reunion like doing a long periscope about the reunion from the spa where you are decompressing. Oh, and advertising for your newest venture, Club Detox.

-She said that she will never get back together with Brooks. Specifically she said there is 100 percent no chance of reconciliation. She reiterated several times that Brooks DOES have cancer. She said she has not spoken to him in a while.

-Vicki is still in love with Donn. I don’t think she ever got over him. She said Don doesn’t like her very much right now. Donn and Briana got together when Briana was in town for the reunion. Don apparently told Briana he is single and has not had a home cooked meal since Vicki and Briana cooked for him.

-She said Briana is hopefully moving back in a year. Ryan is having two hip surgeries next week.

-Overall, Vicki said that the reunion went pretty well. That assessment seems to be because she didn’t cry or scream. She was disappointed in all four of the other housewives. She said they tried to get her to confess something and she refused because she wasn’t lying. This is clearly about the cancer storyline.

-Vicki said that Shannon truly believes that she was lying about the timeline of the cancer (sound familiar?) and seemed to want Vicki to confess to duping her. Vicki continues to deny that she deceived anyone and that the cancer storyline is genuine. Vicki says that something interesting happened at the reunion that makes her think that she and Shannon may be able to mend their friendship at a future point. For now, she and Shannon are not friends.

-Vicki felt attacked by everyone. She said Meghan came in like a bulldozer. Vicki hopes that Meghan is not on next season. Heather came in armed with questions I didn’t get much info on Tamra and Vicki’s interactions other than it seemed that Tamra joined in on the dogpile at least somewhat. Last I read on Twitter, Vicki and Tamra are currently friends. Vicki said that everyone at the reunion was trying to get her to fold, but she didn’t. Vicki is adamant that she has been nothing but truthful about the cancer storyline and the other ladies have hurt her feelings.

-Vicki shared that Tamra’s son Ryan is not getting married in her backyard after all. She said the wedding is “on hold.” But in fact it is likely “never going to happen” as there have been domestic violence issues with the couple that recently were discussed here .

-Perhaps the weirdest part of the whole periscope is that it seems Vicki is suddenly friends with Gretchen Rossi (who remains an arch enemy of Tamra). And Shannon and Gretchen recently had a catfight on WWHL! She said that Gretchen has a good heart. She texts with Gretchen and wishes she could replace Meghan next year. She says Meghan should never have been cast and came to the show with an agenda against Vicki.

-Vicki said she is working on a TV development deal with Evolution and is very excited about her opportunities. She talked a lot about how she is excited for the future, new start, new opportunities.

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

This is the same crap the Kartrashians are hawking. Stay far away from these things, ladies!

Those things are horrible. It's just a new name for a corset. There was a British reality show of a family living a turn of the century (1900) house. The mother and older daughter had corsets fitted, and almost immediately started to have difficulty with their breathing, being short of breath with limited activity, etc. it was because the corsets were restricting their breathing (including something about the ribs being affected IIRC). Because the show had them living on a middle class budget they couldn't get rid of the corsets; that would have required buying a whole new wardrobe and that wasn't in the budget.

And of course what a horrible example for teenage girls. The Barbi proportions are impossible to meet, the kardtrashions (and magazines) all photoshop their looks to be skinnier - when they seem to be slim in the first place!

I can only imagine Vicki is friends with Gretchen because she thinks she will look better by comparison. As to still loving Donn, I doubt she knows what real love is.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 7

Those things are horrible. It's just a new name for a corset. There was a British reality show of a family living a turn of the century (1900) house. The mother and older daughter had corsets fitted, and almost immediately started to have difficulty with their breathing, being short of breath with limited activity, etc. it was because the corsets were restricting their breathing (including something about the ribs being affected IIRC). Because the show had them living on a middle class budget they couldn't get rid of the corsets; that would have required buying a whole new wardrobe and that wasn't in the budget.

And of course what a horrible example for teenage girls. The Barbi proportions are impossible to meet, the kardtrashions (and magazines) all photoshop their looks to be skinnier - when they seem to be slim in the first place!

I can only imagine Vicki is friends with Gretchen because she thinks she will look better by comparison. As to still loving Donn, I doubt she knows what real love is.

I watched that show. I think it was called 1900s House.

I remember the breathing problems.

• Love 3

The tight corsets are why they invented the fainting couch:

Woman-on-Fainting-Couch-Reading.jpg

• Love 5

I thought the same thing and figured Mike was wise to set up boundaries.

Absolutely that is what Mike did. He intuitively knows (unless he has gotten professional help) that is what he needs to do to keep his narcissistic mother at bay and keep himself sane.

Now as for working for her....that might not be so healthy. But he then again does work from home alot. 

I am recalling the seasons ago scene where Vicki went to see Mike at college in Colorado for that surprise visit and how she broke down because she was not received in the way that she needed to be. How fucked up on the part of the adult (her). Truly another sign of her NPD.  = Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

Absolutely that is what Mike did. He intuitively knows (unless he has gotten professional help) that is what he needs to do to keep his narcissistic mother at bay and keep himself sane.

Now as for working for her....that might not be so healthy. But he then again does work from home alot.

I am recalling the seasons ago scene where Vicki went to see Mike at college in Colorado for that surprise visit and how she broke down because she was not received in the way that she needed to be. How fucked up on the part of the adult (her). Truly another sign of her NPD. = Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

There's an episode in S2 or S3 (I think) where Brianna wanted to go on an overnight trip with Colby. Brianna's around 20 at the time and it's a group trip to see a concert. So Vicki tells Brianna she can't go because it's not appropriate for her and Colby to travel together without a chaperone before they're married. Or something like that. Anyway, Brianna is upset and thinks her mom is being a psycho (I agree, especially since it seemed like an open secret that Brianna and Colby were practically living together) and she goes to Michael for advise. He tells her to just go anyway, but Brianna doesn't want to because Vicki will be mad. To which Michael says yes, but she'll get over it. Brianna says she can't do that so Michael tells her not to go then, but Brianna gets upset because she wants to go. And so on and so on.

Anyway, I'm paraphrasing heavily, but that's when I started to really like Michael and solidify my dislike of Brianna. Michael kept trying to tell her that there was no magic trick. Their mom is controlling and if Brianna wanted to make her own decisions she would just have to accept Vicki being mad about some things. That's how life is; you don't always get to do everything you want and get a pat on the head at the same time. Brianna just kept whining about how it was hard for her. It's hard for everybody princess. I know she was young and breaking away from parents is difficult, but it's like Brianna thought she was the only person who didn't get 100% unconditional support for everything she wanted to do. My parents are generally supportive people and I've had to just let them be mad plenty of times. That's called growing up. As far as I can tell she still expects to have her cake and eat it too in life.

• Love 5

Brooks didn't "miss a few payments". He was arrested twice and owed over $40,000 to two different women. Sounds like arresting him was the correct thing to do because suddenly he was able to come up the dough. Regarding thoughts on whether or not paying/not paying child support is a critical factor in determining whether or not a guy is a total and complete worthless piece of shit, Vicki was certainly of the feeling that it was THE critical factor when the topic was Slade.

Someone (was it Meghan?) conjectured at the "finally" that Brooks may have been trying to get out of paying child support and/or working.

• Love 1

For those of you in CA, is there anything in the local biz journals about how Coto is doing? I would think all this talk of Vicki's lies and things being "hinky" would make people not want to trust their hard earned $$ to Vicki's biz.

• Love 3

Someone (was it Meghan?) conjectured at the "finally" that Brooks may have been trying to get out of paying child support and/or working.

As offensive as Meghan can be I think she hit the nerve in al of this and the "why" of Brooks exaggeration.  Just for the record Brooks only has two minor children.  So he is on the hook for the support of those two children.

• Love 2

For those of you in CA, is there anything in the local biz journals about how Coto is doing? I would think all this talk of Vicki's lies and things being "hinky" would make people not want to trust their hard earned $$ to Vicki's biz.

Vicki's business is not the big money maker she tries to portray. She cold calls and tries to sell annuities. I actually doubt she "works" much, she just spends time there to look important. Her office in the industrial area of Rancho Santa Margarita consists of individuals renting space from her as independent contractors. Vicki's real money comes from her Bravo paycheck.

• Love 9

Vicki's business is not the big money maker she tries to portray. She cold calls and tries to sell annuities. I actually doubt she "works" much, she just spends time there to look important. Her office in the industrial area of Rancho Santa Margarita consists of individuals renting space from her as independent contractors. Vicki's real money comes from her Bravo paycheck.

She flashed an article on her Facebook where she was on the cover of some industry rag for selling $14 million in annuities.  I a at a loss because I have followed her travel schedule and I think she spends less than a third of the year in OC.  I am sorry but I just cannot fathom how she is writing a ton of new business.  She claims her monthly overhead is $30,000.00 a month- a big chunk of which I a sure is the VP, her son Michael's allowance.  I just feel a season or two off would be good for Vicki.  She recently did a client appreciation day on a day yacht cruise of some sort. 

• Love 4

Well, I think that these kind of insurance businesses target the elderly, the uneducated, and the infirm. Now, I want to make it clear that I don't have any basis for saying that is what Vicki is doing or that she is doing anything unscrupulous at all. However, that is a large potential customer base that is easily to tap into via cold calls. Read about the Jamaican lottery scam folks and how well they do using some of the same tactics (cold calls and targeted mailings). I think that the show brings in a lot of business for her but I imagine that she also does those paid seminars/speaking events too, which probably bring in cash...

Well they were all more the senior citizen types in the photo from her client appreciation cruise.  What makes e wonder about her insurance agency is why are there no other agents?  They could be making big bank for her.   Early in her career Vicki would write in her blog-I now have 600 agents working under me.  As it turned out there were hundreds of people paying her to learn how to become an insurance agent.   That business kind of went by the wayside, as did her office in Seattle. 

• Love 2

I had a thought...

I wonder if Vicks is defending Crooks to the hilt, and evading questions, and "away on business" during treatments because she could seriously lose her whole business if she is implicated in any kind of insurance fraud.

If Brooks lied, drew her in, and she panicked and went along with it just to save face thinking they'd just get out and no one would ever be the wiser, she could totally lose COTO Insurance.

Vicki works ya know !!! ;-)

• Love 1

I had a thought...

I wonder if Vicks is defending Crooks to the hilt, and evading questions, and "away on business" during treatments because she could seriously lose her whole business if she is implicated in any kind of insurance fraud.

If Brooks lied, drew her in, and she panicked and went along with it just to save face thinking they'd just get out and no one would ever be the wiser, she could totally lose COTO Insurance.

Vicki works ya know !!! ;-)

Where would the insurance fraud be?

Where would the insurance fraud be?

I don't think there is any fraud.  I do think Brooks and Vicki behavior has caused harm to their reputations with in the industry.  I don't think any insurance professional wants to be tied to people who get sues for fraud.  Vicki may lose some of her industry speaking engagements and Brooks may lose some consulting jobs.   

• Love 2

I randomly watched the episode where Vicki confronts Lauri on the mountain over the threesome allegations. This is what reality tv is all about. It also highlights how worked up Vicki gets when she's outraged vs her meek "I was out of town" responses this season.

• Love 10

Vicki's talent in life is getting people to buy things.  She sells wine, vodka, diamonds, insurance, clothing boutiques and Club Detox.  With the exception of insurance none of her ventures have really worked out.  Her clothing line is a MLM deal where you pay $500.00 to buy some clothes and you become a boutique owner. 

When things tough Vicki runs back to Jeana, who she repeatedly screwed over.  https://instagram.com/p/819wNiLZEI/  Here we go Vicki bring in the reinforcements.

I've been watching the first season of RHOC just for the heck of it, and I came across something very interesting in episode 8, the reunion episode.  In Vicki's talking head about the effect doing the show had on her life, she mentioned getting negative feedback from the audience, including-- very horribly-- being called Miss Piggy.  Which is absolutely terrible (and I didn't realize that had started before idiot Slade started using that in his "comedy" act).  

But what was interesting was Vicki launched into a whole litany of medical issues she'd suffered from-- it was like, people called me Miss Piggy, and what they don't know is I've had 7 surgeries in my life, the first was when I was 3 and the most recent was 6 years ago, and it was so hard, yadda yadda.  She'd never mentioned her medical issues at all during Season 1.  

I don't doubt that any of that was true, about her medical history/ surgeries.  But she was clearly bringing them up for the sole purpose of garnering sympathy.  She didn't say the surgeries had any impact on her looks, so that wasn't the purpose of mentioning them.  It was more like hey, a-holes, you called me Miss Piggy, how dare you b/c I've had so many medical issues.

I have a feeling that what happened with Brooks was something kind of similar, with the added angle that Brooks was initially conning her.  I think (1) Brooks conned her by telling her he'd had a cancer reoccurrence (so he could get into her house, get her to keep taking care of him, etc.); (2) she bought it at first, but then slowly it dawned on her it wasn't true; (3) she went with it to garner sympathy, probably figuring that heck, he'd had cancer at some point in his life, so it wasn't a total lie (although I am not saying whether he ever did or didn't, cause I don't know), and why not, because Brooks (and by connection, Vicki) has been treated badly and it's her default to combat bullying by bringing up the woe is me, medical issues, stuff.

In other words, she figured they could wave the cancer card all over to get audience sympathy, and even if it wasn't strictly true, maybe it was true at some point so why put too fine a point on it.  Basically, bringing up woe is me, I have these medical issues, to combat her sense of not being liked by others or the audience, or to deflect negative attention, seems to be her default.

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 11

I remember the Vicki medical situation.  Sounded serious especially the part where her brain was exposed because of the tumors.  I also remember her having severe adult acne and having to take Accutane and not being able to give blood.  The brain being exposed is another instance where I give pause and wonder if that was really true.  I do think she has some sort of tumor condition.

I remember the Vicki medical situation.  Sounded serious especially the part where her brain was exposed because of the tumors.  I also remember her having severe adult acne and having to take Accutane and not being able to give blood.  The brain being exposed is another instance where I give pause and wonder if that was really true.  I do think she has some sort of tumor condition.

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that was all true-- my point is just that she has a default "woe is me" button that she pushes whenever she wants to deflect/ garner sympathy, and it makes her bring up tangential or unrelated medical issues.  She didn't mention the acne; she wasn't bringing up the surgeries to explain her looks.  She was just bringing it up for the sympathy card, I've had a hard life people, don't be hard on me sort of thing.  

• Love 5

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that was all true-- my point is just that she has a default "woe is me" button that she pushes whenever she wants to deflect/ garner sympathy, and it makes her bring up tangential or unrelated medical issues.  She didn't mention the acne; she wasn't bringing up the surgeries to explain her looks.  She was just bringing it up for the sympathy card, I've had a hard life people, don't be hard on me sort of thing.  

Maybe her mother should have named her Victoria Timara then she could have been VicTim for short.

• Love 8

I was trying to think what road this Vicki and  Brooks liar, liar pants on fire is going down.  It is becoming remarkably like the Salahis.  Liars in arms.  I remember trying to watch those two and make sense out of anything they claimed.  Well that was the demise of the RHODC. 

• Love 5

Vicki tells Bravo about her many illnesses, from 2009;

Well the season is winding down and only a few more weeks left. Jeana and I are really focused on losing weight this year, and I’m proud of her that she is finally taking care of herself and making “Jeana” a priority in 2009. I think this is going to be her year! The Duzoxin is working great for both of us, and between that supplement and my 7am workouts with Gabe— it’s already making a difference. Watch for Jeana and I on the new cover of Defy Magazine that may be coming up soon.

I think Briana chose nursing as her career because of my ear surgeries. She grew up with me having ear, neck and brain surgeries, and I think being around hospitals she began looking up to the nurses who would take care of me. She told me she realized when she was about 13-years-old that she wanting to be a nurse, and that nursing was her “calling." If some of you are wondering what my condition is, I’ll fill you in. When I was 5-years-old, I was diagnosed with an inner ear tumor called cholesteatoma. I had surgery and at the time they removed the tumor, which caused me to lose 50% of my hearing. During the next 19 years of my life, the tumor kept reoccurring. I had a total of six surgeries by the time I was 25, which caused me to lose all of my hearing in my right ear. When I was 32 and newly married to Donn, the tumor had grown back so much that it had wrapped around my facial nerve, pierced a hole in my skull and started seeping up towards the right side of my brain. I underwent 10 hours of surgery and my doctor did not know if I was going to have movement of my mouth or face due to the severity of the tumor and the facial nerve damage that could have been there. I recovered 100% with no facial nerve damage, however my hearing was still gone.

She told me she realized when she was about 13-years-old that she wanting to be a nurse, and that nursing was her “calling."

About 3 years ago, I went back in for my last surgery to have reconstructive inner ear surgery and am happy to say they were able to restore my hearing to 80%. Let’s hope that’s the end of my surgeries!

If you are wondering why I decided not to buy the yacht, it was simply because the yacht was too expensive. When we were looking at the yacht last summer, the economy was not in the situation it is right now. It was a good decision as it would have not been affordable.

I love going to Vegas. I enjoy the shopping, the spas and I love to play blackjack. I usually go with my family or just one or two friends, so going with a larger group like that was harder to do. My sister Kathy just moved there, so it’s always fun seeing her and my brother-in-law Bill when we are there.

There is nothing more important to me than being with my kids when they need me.

When Briana called to tell me that her and Colby were having difficulties, my advice to her was to just be patient and to be understanding of what Colby was going though. They had been dating for five years, they had never been apart, and they never had any issues. I know how much she loved Colby so it was hard for me to hear her upset. There is nothing more important to me than being with my kids when they need me. I wanted to go home after I hung up the phone from her, because it was hard for me to have a good time knowing that she was struggling. We are very close, so I knew she needed me there for her. I was only gone for one night, so it was good to be back home the next day to be there for her.

• Love 2

If you are wondering why I decided not to buy the yacht, it was simply because the yacht was too expensive. When we were looking at the yacht last summer, the economy was not in the situation it is right now. It was a good decision as it would have not been affordable.

Interesting that in the retelling during this season's finale, Vicki blamed Brianna for putting the kibosh on Vicki's desire to buy a yacht, i.e. it was Brianna's fault Vicki didn't end up with a yacht.  Vicki sure is willing to throw Brianna under the bus.

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6
Vicki tells Bravo about her many illnesses, from 2009;

The more I read about Vickie, the more I hope she gets some serious, professional help. The woman seems to need the assistance of a good therapist / psychiatrist. Not some OC-esque spiritual adviser, but a medical doctor with a specialty in personality issues. She seems to be a pathological liar and pathologically self-centered. I hope she takes stock, soon -- and then takes action to face some less-than-pleasant stuff about herself, in a constructive manner.

• Love 8

Interesting that in the retelling during this season's finale, Vicki blamed Brianna for putting the kibosh on Vicki's desire to buy a yacht, i.e. it was Brianna's fault Vicki didn't end up with a yacht.  Vicki sure is willing to throw Brianna under the bus.

IMO, this is another example of why Briana prefers to discuss certain things ON camera, Vicki likes to blame her when the truth is often quite different.

• Love 8

I found it odd when she asked Brianna and Michael to come work with her. WTH? Why would they? And Michael already does and most likely knows the business.

If she worries about the estate she'll leave - leave the business to Michael and the rest to Brianna or however it works out. Plus it didn't seem like she would not be there if they did join in the company.

• Love 2

I found it odd when she asked Brianna and Michael to come work with her. WTH? Why would they? And Michael already does and most likely knows the business.

If she worries about the estate she'll leave - leave the business to Michael and the rest to Brianna or however it works out. Plus it didn't seem like she would not be there if they did join in the company.

Michael? I thought it was Ryan (sil) that she said 'maybe you'll come work with me' to.  Now I'm confused...

I just caught up with the last show and Vile Vicki didn't disappoint. Throwing Brianna under the bus and then in the next breath saying "and I love her, and I love her" was one of the worst things I've seen this creature do. Then to spout off in her TH in that irritating baby voice "I just need a hug"...why would anyone want to hug her; she's completely devoid of empathy and self-awareness. She is undoubtedly the worst narcissist I've ever encountered.

• Love 11

I just caught up with the last show and Vile Vicki didn't disappoint. Throwing Brianna under the bus and then in the next breath saying "and I love her, and I love her" was one of the worst things I've seen this creature do. Then to spout off in her TH in that irritating baby voice "I just need a hug"...why would anyone want to hug her; she's completely devoid of empathy and self-awareness. She is undoubtedly the worst narcissist I've ever encountered.

She really is. To an almost comic level, except she is horrid and alienates everyone she comes in contact with. I remember her mom not even being overly crazy about here lol. And Icky begging and demanding love from her, badgering her really. Imagine living with this woman for any amount of time. It is why I forgive Brianna all of her sins, lol.

• Love 14

She really is. To an almost comic level, except she is horrid and alienates everyone she comes in contact with. I remember her mom not even being overly crazy about here lol. And Icky begging and demanding love from her, badgering her really. Imagine living with this woman for any amount of time. It is why I forgive Brianna all of her sins, lol.

Great post and ITA

• Love 3

Wow, After reading this article from 2012(?) and the comment section, you can really see that Vicki has not had one moment of clarity. It's really kind of sad, maybe she just can't see what we as viewers see. I am not sure if she is narcissistic or just has such a low self-esteem that, it makes it impossible to actually take responsibility for any actions, so she can go forward and change.

• Love 3

OMG...what a fucking narcissist this bitch is!!!!!! Unbelievable! I guess I should feel glad that every negative thought I've ever had about this bitch has just been proven true by her own words....but all I can feel is outraged at her relentless nastiness....

• Love 2

I'm watching 60 Minutes and there is a piece about Make a Wish Foundation. A young boy with cancer wished for a trip to Australia, which was granted. He was so over the moon happy. When he returned, the cancer came back even more agressively. He died a few months later. If Brooks is lying, I hope he experiences nothing but pain in every form until the day he dies.

• Love 3