Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

Regarding Brooksie, did Vicki never go with him to his 'chemo' sessions, or any legit doctors? I know we never saw anything on camera, but one would think at some point she would have some idea if he was indeed scamming her. But then again, this is Vicki. So maybe not.

She claimed at one point this season that she had accompanied Brooks to one or more chemo sessions, but had not accompanied him to any meetings with his oncologist(s).. Knowing her penchant for telling people what they'd expect someone in her position to do, perhaps she was simply lying. Those sessions can last for hours and involve sitting around in a rather depressing room filled with patients in various stages of illness, some quite advanced.

Perhaps she simply dropped him off at the front of the hospital clinic, then went shopping or returned home until it was time to pick Brooks up. And perhaps Brooks would go in and get infused. Or maybe he would kiss her goodbye, head for the doors until she drove off, then grab a cab to the nearest movie theater or strip joint and return at the designated fusion session finish time looking spent and tired. 

Eventually all of this will come out. If he really does have Stage 3+ NHL, it's rather cruel of Vicki to evict him in his time of need. If he's been faking it from the start, when and how did she find out? If he has been faking, I suspect neither one of them will come out it unscathed by the court of public opinion.

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 4

Whatever happens tonight drives a wedge between Shannon and Vicki.  I am hoping it isn't Shannon's insistence on seeing the doctor she found.  I guess she and Vicki are back on good terms but it seems the rest of the season there is a rift.  Vicki just wrote in her blog about Brooks and cancer so if he is faking it-she just recently discovered it.

And here I was giving Vicki the benefit of the doubt. I should have known better - lol.  There are some pretty funny comments on other sites about the Vicki's claim to have gone to chemo with Brooks. One said that she likely dropped him off at the front entrance and picked him up at the gift shop. Another comment was that Vicki likely stayed in the waiting room while Brooks snuck off to the cafeteria to eat some bread. One thing about Vicki - she is great entertainment.

• Love 4

Eventually all of this will come out. If he really does have Stage 3+ NHL, it's rather cruel of Vicki to evict him in his time of need. If he's been faking it from the start, when and how did she find out? If he has been faking, I suspect neither one of them will come out it unscathed by the court of public opinion.

She didn't "find out" that he was lying - they were likely in on it together from the start. I'm guessing they thought the ruse was full-proof due to the confidentiality of medical issues. That's why I also think it's possible the ruse will never be proven. Brooks can spend the rest of his days pretending he's in remission, and both Vicki and Brooks can continue to deny the con and fake their outrage over being questioned.

• Love 3

The timing of this breakup, right before the ep where even her good friends raise suspicions about him having cancer?  Idk, the sudden breakup confirms to me this was a storyline cooked up by them.  Of the 2 of 'em, Brooksie is the con artist & this shit totally seems like his style.  So he probably came up with this plan & Vicks went along with it so she'd have a storyline this season -- and a sympathetic storyline she probably hoped would induce viewers to like, or at least tolerate Brooksie, without feeling nauseous at the very sight of him.  Sorry, Vicks, it never worked for me.  Yeah, given medical confidentiality, they probably figured they could get away with it.  And maybe Brooksie did have some form of cancer that he got over.  

Ew to all of this.  I hate it.  Wonder what viewer reaction will be to this faking cancer stuff.  I don't think Satan Andy cares if anyone involved lied.  He only cares if the viewer reaction is extremely negative.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

She didn't "find out" that he was lying - they were likely in on it together from the start. I'm guessing they thought the ruse was full-proof due to the confidentiality of medical issues. That's why I also think it's possible the ruse will never be proven. Brooks can spend the rest of his days pretending he's in remission, and both Vicki and Brooks can continue to deny the con and fake their outrage over being questioned.

Perhaps you're right, but these things always come out after awhile. The tabloids start doing their "Woodward and Bernstein" investigations of all the OC cancer treatments centers ("Say miss, did you ever see this man or woman here for a chemo session?"). Maybe Brooks needs a nicer place to stay and more cash and starts putting a Full Nelson on Vicki big time for a a much larger payoff (I'll go down, but so dammit will you!"). Point is, if they were both in on it from the start and proof of the fraud comes out, she loses everything she ever worked for, the insurance company, her adult children, her so-called friends, he OC spot, etc. What does Brooks lose? Nothing really, because he's penniless without Vicki and people know he's a con man. 

Faking cancer is as low as you can go. Too many people have died and too many relatives have had to endure the nightmare experience.

So look at it from a cost-benefit analysis point of view. What did they stand to gain by perpetrating this fraud? Sympathy for Vicki and Brooks? OK. What is the cost? Lawsuits aplenty for years to come and the enduring hatred of the American public. Not that Vicki would consider all the possible ramifications of the scam this rationally. But it must have given her pause. 

• Love 2

Perhaps you're right, but these things always come out after awhile. The tabloids start doing their "Woodward and Bernstein" investigations of all the OC cancer treatments centers ("Say miss, did you ever see this man or woman here for a chemo session?"). Maybe Brooks needs a nicer place to stay and more cash and starts putting a Full Nelson on Vicki big time for a a much larger payoff (I'll go down, but so dammit will you!"). Point is, if they were both in on it from the start and proof of the fraud comes out, she loses everything she ever worked for, the insurance company, her adult children, her so-called friends, he OC spot, etc. What does Brooks lose? Nothing really, because he's penniless without Vicki and people know he's a con man. 

No, scams don't always get exposed. Especially when HIPAA laws are involved. (Exhibit A: Taylor Armstrong). And this isn't exactly Watergate. Reporters from any reputable news source don't give a fig, and tabloids are, well, tabloids - it doesn't matter what they "report," because they make stuff up all the time. Believe me, I want nothing more than the fraud to be exposed, but I just don't think it will be. Conclusively, that is.

• Love 3

Faking cancer is as low as you can go. Too many people have died and too many relatives have had to endure the nightmare experience.

So look at it from a cost-benefit analysis point of view. What did they stand to gain by perpetrating this fraud? Sympathy for Vicki and Brooks? OK. What is the cost? Lawsuits aplenty for years to come and the enduring hatred of the American public. Not that Vicki would consider all the possible ramifications of the scam this rationally. But it must have given her pause. 

Oh Idk if Vicks stands to lose anything -- not even this gig.  All she really has to do is just boot him the fuck outta her life.  This breakup announcement is a whole lotta hooey.  I just don't believe she can let him go -- for whatever bizzaro reasons.  Could he bring her down to some degree?  Maybe.  Anyhoo, glad you mentioned Full Nelson cuz it reminded me that I so wanna say this to Brooksie & Vicks after this fake cancer stuff is exposed-

Ah, so now Vicki's trip to NYC with Tamra and Brianna and her family in tow all makes sense.   We didn't really have a direct reason for Vicki to be on WWHL, but now I see it (with Jeff, a good company man as the other guest) as a way to put a spin on whatever is about to come out so that it is clear Vicki is a victim too of whatever Brooks pulled.   And why Brianna is there to support mom....she got her way.  

• Love 1

There's a woman on youtube suspected of faking cancer.   Once she announced she had cancer, her views and subscribers went way up.   Not only can she not say what stage it is/was,   she made videos about going to her "postop" treatments when she was claiming to be waiting for surgery.   Add to that a very well healed scar just a few weeks after the "surgery", and that she was lifting her arms over her head just days after claiming to have had a mastectomy to show off her cute new tank top she was pulling over her cute new bra, and it does make one wonder.

She obviously did it to get more views, if it is fake, and it seems it is.    I can imagine Vicki paying Brooks for a story line.   We'll know if he shows with some new toofs and hair plugs. 

If Brooks and Vicki conspired to fake his cancer, it would seem highly likely that Bravo would almost certainly have known about it too, although no one at Bravo is ever likely to admit it. Even without 24/7 camera crews, they probably have a pretty detailed and complete understanding about what each HW and her "partner" is doing in their spare time.

In the grand scheme of things, Brooks and Vicki are both morons when it comes to covering their trails. Although privacy laws protect patients from outside inquiries (unless serious crimes are alleged), there was nothing to stop the producers from monitoring their daily itinerary, once his illness was proclaimed as part of the season's storyline. For example, to find out if Brooks was in fact paying visits to known oncologists and chemo infusion centers. Or wasn't.

So while Bravo might  have been officially complicit in this fraud, once they knew about it and chose not to make the truth known to their audience, we all know that the act of knowing the facts and refusing to divulge them in order to boost season ratings would anger a lot of viewers. (And just imaginef the ratings they'll get if and when Brooks' and Vicki's fraud is exposed. Kaching.) So, I guess it's in Andy and company's best interest to make sure that their own knowledge of the fraud is never exposed. But it would be a financial bonanza for Bravo if Brooks' and Vicki's shenanigans were ever to be anonymously "leaked out" to some well-known tabloid source.

• Love 1

Bravo doesn't employ P.A.'s to spy on the boyfriends of HW's 24/7. If Brooks says he has cancer, then they take his word for it. Why wouldn't they? It is possible, however, that they had suspicions. So maybe they're the ones that got the ball of suspicion rolling by bringing in this psychic.... And then the ladies took it from there.

• Love 2

Bravo doesn't employ P.A.'s to spy on the boyfriends of HW's 24/7. If Brooks says he has cancer, then they take his word for it. Why wouldn't they? It is possible, however, that they had suspicions. So maybe they're the ones that got the ball of suspicion rolling by bringing in this psychic.... And then the ladies took it from there.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Vicki seemed to be a little too agreeable about his decision to stop chemo treatments.   People don't usually do that unless they're at death's door or so weak they can't handle it.

• Love 3

Maybe I'm extremely naive, and I understand that I don't "know" Vicki -- just the imagine of Vicki that gets projected on my TV every week.  But... I just don't see Vicki agreeing to go along with faking cancer.  Don't get me wrong; I think that woman is a real piece of work.  She's flawed in so many ways.  I just don't see her doing this.  

• Love 7

Vicki seemed to be a little too agreeable about his decision to stop chemo treatments.   People don't usually do that unless they're at death's door or so weak they can't handle it.

And this is Vicki we're talking about - she doesn't take no for an answer. She pouts and nags and bullies until she gets her way. Look at how she talked to Brooks when he wanted to eat a friggin piece of bread? She said absolutely not - not on my watch. But she's going to roll over and accept the stoppage of chemo treatments for stage 3 lymphoma? All in favor of a quack infusion of antioxidants? I don't think so.

• Love 4

I don't think Vicki was actively complicit in anything--but I do think if it's true that she would not want to know as long as possible--until she's forced to know it.  

Brooks?   I am not sure I'd trust him on anything.   He's smelled bad to me from day one.  

I'm sad for Vicki because she wants someone in her life so badly and she's moved heaven and earth to get people to accept him.

• Love 1

Vicki never reacted in her normal way about Brooks having cancer. We never saw her break down or go into hysterics or micromanage every single detail of treatment.

I saw someone who really doesn't care aka it was all fake and she was in on it.

We all know she has been involved in several shady business deals and we all know she stayed with a man who said her precious daughter should be beaten by her husband. I think he also called Vicki some choice names at that time too.

More camera time? A way for people to like Brooks?      

They are both sleazy and neither one of them seemed to remember that he was supposed to be sick and she was supposed to be involved and worried.  Oh, except for that one fake dinner scene.

• Love 3

Put me in the camp that finds it hard to believe that Vicki knowingly went along with a Brooks made up cancer story (if true). 

If anything, I think she would do everything to convince herself that he wasn't lying, despite rumors and a growing mountain of evidence to the contrary. I think Vicki would prolong not facing the truth as long as possible because that is part of her messed up pathology: the narcissism where she wants her own way, and the desperate need for his companionship/love.

Vicki is alot of things and has alot of human faults - but she is not a grifter and thief. That's Brooks. 

As was posited upthread, I also now suspect that Vicki's appearance on WWHL last week and being accompanied to New York for the show with Brianna, her kids, and Tamra was for moral support and general handholding.  She probably had to contractually do the show, but was wary of being grilled about Brooks because the proverbial shit had already hit the fan at home with him and she had not yet gone public with it. Surely she was not going to announce the breakup - even if it had already taken place - before the WWHL appearance on 8/17. Interesting that the two people that have disapproved of Brooks the most (publicly) to accompany her were: Brianna and Tamra.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

Maybe Vicki and Brooks broke up so that they wouldn't have to answer any questions at the reunion?!

Vicki's statement said no more interviews regarding her breakup with Brooks...that would mean the REUNION.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT Vicki!

• Love 2

Vicki's statement said no more interviews regarding her breakup with Brooks...that would mean the REUNION.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT Vicki!

You know Andy is gonna pick that scab off nice and slow so it hurts.

• Love 5

Could we see Vicki act like ramona did when Andy kept asking questions about her relationship?

I hate that there has to be a story or gimmick to keep an orange. Just seeing vicki acting s****** should be enough to keep an orange.

Vicki has said in her blog Brooks has cancer.  Brooks has cancer.   She has been down this road before with him.  I don't see Vicki screwing up her RHOC gig over a fake cancer scenario.   

• Love 4

Vicki has said in her blog Brooks has cancer.  Brooks has cancer.   She has been down this road before with him.  I don't see Vicki screwing up her RHOC gig over a fake cancer scenario.

Never underestimate a HoWife's stupidity.

They're gifted in the art of hubris.

• Love 4

I don't, as a rule, watch OC because of Icky and Trampy, but I did have Bravo on the tube the other day (for some unknown reason, turning on my tube automatically brings Bravo up) during some episode where Icky was really reaming out a young thing - Meghan, probably as she's a name I don't really recognize- with Trampy in the pic as well. Basically she was insinuating that as SYT (sweet young thang) was not a mom and had never give birth to a child, she had NO right whatever to claim to have feelings of love toward a kid who was her stepchild.  I'm sure adoptive moms/step moms the world over will be in total agreement with the Ickster..insert sarcasm...

If I needed any reminder of why I stay as far away from this show as possible, Icky's pompous self-righteous, self-important, egotistical ranting on this subject served as confirmation that I made the right decision....I will not watch further to see if Trampy is still the same ole shit stirring, piece of trash she used to be as her stock in trade since she came on the show....leopards do not change their spots after all...

....attitudes of women like Icky: I truly hate with the fire of a thousand burning suns...

FTR: I am not a mom, not an adoptive mom, not a step mom...I simply find this so much over the pale as to not be able to let it go without comment...

ETA: correcting stuff misspelled and omitted in my mini-rant about Trampy

Edited by becauseIsaidso
  • Love 4

Why wouldn't Vickie be in cahoots with Brooks about Operation Fake Cancer? She has zero story line without Brooks. And Vickie would cut off someone's left nut to get a paycheck.

I disagree based on the fact that she didn't want to film with Brooks this season and Andy threatened to fire her if she didn't. Obviously, Vicki felt she had plenty going on that didn't involve Brooks. There would be no need to be involved in a fake Cancer story line with him if she never planned to film with him to begin with and only filmed with him because she would be fired if she didn't.

I disagree based on the fact that she didn't want to film with Brooks this season and Andy threatened to fire her if she didn't. Obviously, Vicki felt she had plenty going on that didn't involve Brooks. There would be no need to be involved in a fake Cancer story line with him if she never planned to film with him to begin with and only filmed with him because she would be fired if she didn't.

Or she knew that he was going with this cancer story and that's why she didn't want to film. Better to play the fool that the crook?

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar

Or she knew that he was going with this cancer story and that's why she didn't want to film. Better to play the fool that the crook?

I don't think he is faking. I don't think he is dumb enough to try it. Consider all of the stuff that has come out about him before he even appeared on the show? No way he would ruin his Sugar Mama's income stream by risking it. 

I don't think he is faking. I don't think he is dumb enough to try it. Consider all of the stuff that has come out about him before he even appeared on the show? No way he would ruin his Sugar Mama's income stream by risking it.

Oh I fully believe he's capable of lying about cancer. People do it all the time. Having stage 3 cancer is a peachy way to stay out of jail for back child support. And unless a doctor is willing to give up their license to go on record to say otherwise, how can anyone prove it? Brianna has been saying this for a long, long time and she's closer to the situation than some random psychic. It's just my speculation.

• Love 2

Yes, his child support is paid up. And plenty of people do go to jail with cancer. Plenty of people die in jail and prison of cancer. I'm not saying he isn't capable of faking it, I am saying I don't think he would risk it. He simply has too much to lose by risking something like this. As for Brianna, I simply don't trust her judgement. She is too much her mother's daughter for me to trust her judgement. 

• Love 2

Edited by ebkitty

I've wonder about her being forced to film with Brooks, it's seems like Bravo would be mad about Vicki spilling this, and why even bring the cancer up, if Vicki didn't want to film with Brooks, they never brought it up the 2 times before, it's all odd!

• Love 1

I've wonder about her being forced to film with Brooks, it's seems like Bravo would be mad about Vicki spilling this, and why even bring the cancer up, if Vicki didn't want to film with Brooks, they never brought it up the 2 times before, it's all odd!

You would think BRAVO would be mad, but Andy actually verified this information more than once. I believe it is even in his latest book.

• Love 4

Re: Vicki's instagram photo above:

Pizza is one thing, but pizza plus the cheese bread. That is really nasty. Wow, is she eating her emotions, or what. 

Wonder if she had donuts for dessert.

Come on Vicki, you just got rid of a 185 lb lard (Brooks), now your going to gain it all back.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Meghan's stepdaughter insulted Vicki on Twitter.  I don't disagree with her assessment, but 17 year olds shouldn't be given free reign on social media.

Hayley Edmonds @HayleyEdmonds15
You're a dumb bitch @vgunvalson 
9:16 PM - 31 Aug 2015

(Tweeted last Monday night, fifteen minutes into the show)

http://www.people.com/article/rhoc-meghan-king-edmonds-stepdaughter-attacks-vicki-gunvalson-on-twitter

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 3