Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

Vicki Gunvalson is one of the most vile, petty, selfish, immature women I have ever seen on a reality show.  Even though I watched it the first time, I just rewatched the final episode of season four. So sorry you had to buy your own Rolodex, ??? I just don’t understand why they didn’t show Vick and Lynn the door at the same time. What’s most amazing to me is that I used to like the snooty snake.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

She was the "Reality TV Grand Marshal."  Burt Ward (Batman's Robin) was the Celebrity Grand Marshal.  Burt's Bio includes information on his dog rescue organization.  Vicki's Bio is all about Vicki.

She was embarrassing: while being interviewed she dropped the flag and talked about whooping it up. What an idiot she is. I live in downtown HB and I would be mortified to associate with anyone that behaves likes she does. We’re normal folks there. 

• Love 5
On 7/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, snarts said:

Interesting that Michael feels differently now.  From my hazy recollection, Briana was quite distant from Donn when he & Vicki were married.  Michael seemed more neutral at the time.  I wonder what happened?

https://realityblurb.com/2018/07/06/rhoc-star-vicki-gunvalsons-son-michael-slams-former-step-father-donn-amid-her-feud-with-son-in-law-ryan/

This is my recollection of Brianna and Michael's relationship with Donn when he was married to Vicki. In fact they both seemed to just tolerate him, as did Vicki. I remember them going on vacation and leaving Donn at home. I was surprised when I heard how long he had been with Vicki, as the kids treated him as someone who had only been in their mother's life for a few years, and was as important to them as any given piece of furniture in the house. 

So it is interesting to see that now that Brianna is a mom, she seems to appreciate Donn. Or maybe she is just going along with Ryan wanting to stick it to Vicki via Donn. Either way though, good for Donn for being a part of Brianna's life. I looked at the link regarding Ryan and Vicki's feud, and saw the pic Ryan posted of their home. I would imagine housing is fairly cheap there (certainly compared to California) but I am wondering what Ryan is doing now for a living? 

And finally, when does the new season start? 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

And finally, when does the new season start? 

July 16th, 9/8c. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I of course don't know the ins and outs of Donn G's relationship with Bri & Ryan/family, but he seems fairly low-key and chill, which compared to the overbearing, controlling Vickster, would have to be a welcome contrast.  I can't see Donn or Ryan orchestrating a visit solely for the purpose of irritating Vicky, but it is likely a bonus benefit.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9
On 7/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, ghoulina said:

Nope. This is typical narcissist Vicki. It's not the first time she's left shitty comments like that on Ryan's Insta posts. 

Talk about the mother-in-law from hell. Oh, she can be generous but only to meet her own emotional needs - to support how wonderful she is and how much she loves her kids.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Talk about the mother-in-law from hell. Oh, she can be generous but only to meet her own emotional needs - to support how wonderful she is and how much she loves her kids.

Exactly. She doesn't give to do something nice for others. She gives because she thinks it makes her look good. 

• Love 10

Vicki used to trash the kid's bio father when she was married to Don and go on and on about how if it wasn't for Don, they wouldn't have had a father.  Now that she and Don aren't together, it's not really a shock that she's trying to re-write Don out of their lives, too.  I think he was probably a decent stepfather to the kids, Vicki didn't really let anyone have control in their lives except her, but, it seems like the kids had a good enough relationship with Don.  In their shoes, I'd have him be the grandfather to my kids, too.  

• Love 14
On 7/12/2018 at 12:41 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

Didn't Donn walk Brianna down the aisle when she married?

Brianna got married in Vegas - I just watched that old episode - lol... Vicki, in her talking head, was going on and on how she was disrespected and how she wanted the marriage annulled... Unless I'm forgetting and Bri had another ceremony to placate Vicki (I'm sure I'll find out soon enough in this re-watch of the season Bri got married).

I find it odd that Tamra and Eddie actually liked Brooks at first - and Brooks was staying with Eddie. Flash forward a bit and they all have issues with Brooks (not that it wasn't unwarranted). Brooks must put the dog and pony show on really well at first.. 

24 minutes ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

Brianna got married in Vegas - I just watched that old episode - lol... Vicki, in her talking head, was going on and on how she was disrespected and how she wanted the marriage annulled... Unless I'm forgetting and Bri had another ceremony to placate Vicki (I'm sure I'll find out soon enough in this re-watch of the season Bri got married).

I find it odd that Tamra and Eddie actually liked Brooks at first - and Brooks was staying with Eddie. Flash forward a bit and they all have issues with Brooks (not that it wasn't unwarranted). Brooks must put the dog and pony show on really well at first.. 

I believe they had a reception for Briana but not an actual vowel exchange wedding to placate Vicki. 

As for Brooks, he seemed like a nice enough guy at first, then information about his past came to light until he was controlling Vicki in everything, including her buying him new teeth! LOL This is a guy that convinced (it didn't take much though IMO) Vicki to lie that he had cancer for a sympathetic storyline and to cash in on a scam herbal cancer cure. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Noooo! I was all set for tonight. Ugh. And, I just checked. You’re right. I’m a day early, what am I going to do with all of these Orange and vodka slushees? I had a strong pre-game planned! 

Edited by Taralightner
Spelling.
  • Love 7

A quick question: who puts up the new threads for the episodes of a season? I remember reading an admin post asking us not to start new threads, but I’ve seen other posts saying that it is ok. Should I start a new thread for tonight’s episode? If so, how do I do that? Hit the “start” button? 

41 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

A quick question: who puts up the new threads for the episodes of a season? I remember reading an admin post asking us not to start new threads, but I’ve seen other posts saying that it is ok. Should I start a new thread for tonight’s episode? If so, how do I do that? Hit the “start” button? 

I think it depends on the show. Some shows may be more controversial and need a mod who can go in and remove comments if necessary. Also to give warnings and try to keep track if it’s going off topic and correct that too. I’ve started quite a few threads but they weren’t the most popular shows (an example would be Bloodline) that draw tons of talkers or political. Others I have tried to begin and someone came in and took it over, redid it but never were they being mean or disrespectful. I think Kung Fu Bunny used to mod this show but wanted to back away. Go ahead and try if you choose to.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

The RHOC forum appears to have been set up by @Aethera.  If it were me, I would PM this person, and ask if they're planning on starting the new season's first episode before tonight.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The RHOC forum appears to have been set up by @Aethera.  If it were me, I would PM this person, and ask if they're planning on starting the new season's first episode before tonight.

Great minds! I messaged her and have permission to do it. Going to give it a try. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Anyone know where I should look? 

Sorry! Who knew this would be difficult? 

I just checked IMDB which usually lists these things. My Guide on tv only states Season Premier. Wish I knew how to help. Just go with The season premier July 2018 and then later go back and edit. 

Dont be sorry. You are trying something new and it’s a learning curve. We will all appreciate what you are doing. 

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

I just checked IMDB which usually lists these things. My Guide on tv only states Season Premier. Wish I knew how to help. Just go with The season premier July 2018 and then later go back and edit. 

Dont be sorry. You are trying something new and it’s a learning curve. We will all appreciate what you are doing. 

I actually found it.. I had to look deep. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Watching Vicki live on the Daily Pop. 

Shes wearing her heavy Chanel look (necklace and pin which also seems to be favored by the RHOP). Glad to hear that her daughter Brianna loves her partner Steve because he’s so normal. She might not have had the best of relationships with her previous two husbands but they did seem somewhat normal. She said they just moved to NC but IRL that happened awhile ago. 

She and Kelly are lukewarm. Evidently (accordingly to Vicki) Steve set up her friend Jeri with Kelly’s ex Michael. Kelly was mad at that but has somewhat forgiven Vicki because technically Steve did it. 

She’s s still saying she’s still trying to be authentic and loves to whoop it up. (Same sentence different season) 

She says that Tamara is her ride or die friend. (But they have a lot of up and downs in their relationship) 

She drops a (paraphrasing) “What, do you want to see me get married in 3 months?” comment that sent the camera to Steve’s face (where he was blushing). The co-host called her out for giving it a timeline but you can never really trust what comes out of these housewives mouths. They just open them a lot to generate publicity for their shows. There was no ring on that special finger. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

This was posted yesterday.  Looks nothing like the previous photo I posted, and in fact makes her look like a greasy, dirty-haired version of her season 12 self.  So...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Screenshot (63).png

Wow.  She has really fucked up her face.  I have been watching old seasons and she was cute.  This new face is awful.  Plastic surgery is like cake.  A little bit is wonderful.  Too much is bad and your ass is the size of a truck.  In the previews she looks like she has gained a ton of weight so now I have seen 3 versions of V for this season:  1) Promo pic which is an amalgamation of Alison Sweeney, Olivia Newton John, Bugs Bunny, old Vicki, 2) promo trailer which she looks sweaty and heavier, and 3) this one where she looks swollen, shiny (or sweaty) yet maybe facially slimmer than preview face.  

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Wow.  She has really fucked up her face.

Having seen a couple of close-ups on Instagram, her face is really getting that lumpy, over-filled look.  As much as I have been tempted to get a couple of tweeks above the neck (no hope for below the neck), I see that oatmeal face thing, and say to myself "nah, not today."

Screenshot (119).png

Here's another -  

(btw, "whoop" has a h there Vicky.)

Screenshot (120).png

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Having seen a couple of close-ups on Instagram, her face is really getting that lumpy, over-filled look.  As much as I have been tempted to get a couple of tweeks above the neck (no hope for below the neck), I see that oatmeal face thing, and say to myself "nah, not today."

Screenshot (119).png

It really is sad isn't it?  She really let the Slade/Miss Piggy thing get to her.  Luckily she was on tv for a couple of seasons pre face fuck up so her grandkids know what she used to look like.

I hear ya on the sort of wanting something done but too scared to look like a bowl of oatmeal thing.

• Love 3
(edited)

Welp, sounds like Vicky did get a new face!  Andy asked Tamra and Shannon about it on WWHL tonight.  So she must have had the work done after this season ended, but before they took the media photos.  I would agree that it does look good, far better than her Quaker Oatmeal look, but if I were her family or a significant other, I would wonder what I'm going to wake up to tomorrow?  Eeks!  

eta - But wait a minute (brain is slower than fingers), what about the Instagram pics?

I'm so confused.

Screenshot (59).png

Now we just need to find an MD for a cranium lift.

• Love 2

https://realityblurb.com/2018/05/15/vicki-gunvalson-son-in-law-ryan-culberson-slams-her-on-instagram-for-avoiding-her-grandchildren/

After commenting on a photo of her family with a simple, “Miss you guys,” Vicki was put on blast by her daughter Briana Culberson‘s husband of six years.

“Your grandkids tried to FaceTime you 20 times yesterday. Glad to see you’re still alive!” Ryan exclaimed.

What the hell?   I swear, I think 90% of Briana's attraction to Ryan is the fact that he despises Vicki

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, misschung said:

I swear, I think 90% of Briana's attraction to Ryan is the fact that he despises Vicki

It's interesting isn't it?  I don't find him to be a compelling person at all, kind of scary mean actually, but let's think about the mother that raised her,  a controlling, overbearing, screecher.  Perhaps she married that which is most familiar to her.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, misschung said:

https://realityblurb.com/2018/05/15/vicki-gunvalson-son-in-law-ryan-culberson-slams-her-on-instagram-for-avoiding-her-grandchildren/

After commenting on a photo of her family with a simple, “Miss you guys,” Vicki was put on blast by her daughter Briana Culberson‘s husband of six years.

“Your grandkids tried to FaceTime you 20 times yesterday. Glad to see you’re still alive!” Ryan exclaimed.

What the hell?   I swear, I think 90% of Briana's attraction to Ryan is the fact that he despises Vicki

I suspect that this was Vicki playing victim for her followers on SM while using Briana/Ryan/the boys to do it and he called her out on it. Ryan doesn't put up with Vicki's games, especially when she uses his wife/kids to it. This is a lot like her comment on a photo he posted over the 4th of July of Briana/the boys/himself with Donn and Vicki making a snide comment about him posting said photo on his SM. Once again, she was trying to make herself look like a victim. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that this was Vicki playing victim for her followers on SM while using Briana/Ryan/the boys to do it and he called her out on it. Ryan doesn't put up with Vicki's games, especially when she uses his wife/kids to it. This is a lot like her comment on a photo he posted over the 4th of July of Briana/the boys/himself with Donn and Vicki making a snide comment about him posting said photo on his SM. Once again, she was trying to make herself look like a victim. 

Exactly. She's made MANY passive aggressive comments on his social media. I've seen it. She's narcissistic and controlling; and when things don't go her way she plays the victim. She HATES that they left OC. Now she can't use them for a storyline. 

I don't think Ryan's out of line at all. He kind of has to play the "bad guy" to spare Briana. 

• Love 12

Someone needs to do adult here. No matter what, Brianna and Vicki do/did have a relationship. It may be disfunctional, but at the last reunion, it looked like some honesty between them existed. Yes, Vicki didn’t want stuff that made her look bad on TV, as usual, but Brianna was lovingly honest. 

Vicki did spend time going back and forth to OK to see grandkids. And didn’t she help them buy a house in CA? 

I’m not defending Vicki’s behavior in anyway here. 

Ryan needs to step back. This isn’t his battle to fight. I truly am grateful for his service to this country, and all the sacrifices that come with that. He needs, now, to stop fighting this one, though for the sake of his wife and kids. 

Vicki needs to STOP the dramatics about them seeing Don- but I don’t think she will as she sees this as them PUBLICLY making her look bad. 

One of the three needs to adult. Put the ego aside and stop the madness before Brianna and the kids no longer have a relationship with the mother and grandmother. Unfortunately, I think this is going to fall on Brianna and Ryan as Vicki is unequipped. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Someone needs to do adult here. No matter what, Brianna and Vicki do/did have a relationship. It may be disfunctional, but at the last reunion, it looked like some honesty between them existed. Yes, Vicki didn’t want stuff that made her look bad on TV, as usual, but Brianna was lovingly honest. 

Vicki did spend time going back and forth to OK to see grandkids. And didn’t she help them buy a house in CA? 

Ryan needs to step back. This isn’t his battle to fight. I truly am grateful for his service to this country, and all the sacrifices that come with that. He needs, now, to stop fighting this one, though for the sake of his wife and kids. 

Vicki needs to STOP the dramatics about them seeing Don- but I don’t think she will as she sees this as them PUBLICLY making her look bad. 

One of the three needs to adult. Put the ego aside and stop the madness before Brianna and the kids no longer have a relationship with the mother and grandmother. Unfortunately, I think this is going to fall on Brianna and Ryan as Vicki is unequipped. 

Yes, Vicki went to Ok a lot, with cameras in tow as well. LOL

As for her "buying" Briana a house, she lent Briana/Ryan the down payment, that's it and she expected the money paid back as soon as their Ok house sold. Like all of Vicki's big "gifts" the kids have to pay for them, not Vicki, but Briana/Michael.

IMO, Ryan was in the right, he was defending his wife from Vicki making it look like she never see/hears from them because that isn't true. Vicki has used Briana/Ryan/ the boys on SM before for sympathy/support even though they have asked her not to do that. Yes, someone needs to be the adult and stop Vicki from using Briana/the boys for SM fodder and Ryan is doing just that. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Taralightner said:

My only problem with this is that she is posting on Ryan's instagram. She needs to have more conversations and less SM communication of that type with Ryan. A "miss you guys" text might be ok, better yet a phone call.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

My only problem with this is that she is posting on Ryan's instagram. She needs to have more conversations and less SM communication of that type with Ryan. A "miss you guys" text might be ok, better yet a phone call.

Right. Ryan isn't blasting her for the sake of it. His IG is usually about family and grilling meat! LOL! Vicki just has to insert herself. 

And WW is correct, in that Vicki doesn't truly help people. She "buys" you something - but you're really making the payments. She just likes to make herself look more generous than she is. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I totally agree that Vicki is at fault in this scenario. My only point is that they all know she’s not going to change. Although it’s very hard to do, I’m just suggesting that they put their ego aside and not exacerbate the problem with keeping it on SM. Ignore her posts and have conversation in private, but refuse to engage on SM. 

And, yes, I know that I’m putting the adulting on Brianna and Ryan, but that’s because I think Brianna CAN. 

Maybe they should block Vicki for a while and only engage verbally, or in person. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, Taralightner said:

I'm not sure what "do adult" or " to adult" means. Does it mean to be an adult or act like an adult?  I've never seen it phrased this way. And "adulting" ? What does that mean?  My autocorrect didn't recognize it as a word.  

Since its Ryan's family that Vicki is using to get sympathy,  it is his battle to fight.  Should they just let Vicki say bullshit and not respond?  Fuck that. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Seriously?

OK.  Call me old fashioned or just call me old but I won't ever think that's acceptable.    

I know. I'm way too old for this shit, and the initials everywhere drive me insane. I miss words so much. 

I've never really liked Briana but I have a lot of respect for her now. She could have stayed in Orange County and kept filming with Vicki.  Instead of taking the easy money she chose to move away and work one of the hardest jobs there is. My great-aunt was an ER nurse and that job is no joke. It's hard ass work and I know I could never do it.   I have to respect her for that. 

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I know. I'm way too old for this shit, and the initials everywhere drive me insane. I miss words so much. 

I've never really liked Briana but I have a lot of respect for her now. She could have stayed in Orange County and kept filming with Vicki.  Instead of taking the easy money she chose to move away and work one of the hardest jobs there is. My great-aunt was an ER nurse and that job is no joke. It's hard ass work and I know I could never do it.   I have to respect her for that. 

Me too!   Thankfully, there are posters here who use real words and punctuation.

I agree with you about Briana too. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm not sure what "do adult" or " to adult" means. Does it mean to be an adult or act like an adult?  I've never seen it phrased this way. And "adulting" ? What does that mean?  My autocorrect didn't recognize it as a word.  

These are familiar (to some) colloquialisms, that I've seen used for several years.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

These are familiar (to some) colloquialisms, that I've seen used for several years.

Language changes over time. It just does. I kind of hate it, because I fancy myself a bit of romantic when it comes to language. (I wish people still said, "I don't like the cut of your jib.") I don't like to speak as modern as some, but I knew what "adulting" means. It's hard to avoid that kind of talk if you watch younger TV, participate in SM, etc. 

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Language changes over time. It just does. I kind of hate it, because I fancy myself a bit of romantic when it comes to language. (I wish people still said, "I don't like the cut of your jib.") I don't like to speak as modern as some, but I knew what "adulting" means. It's hard to avoid that kind of talk if you watch younger TV, participate in SM, etc. 

I was able to figure out what it meant but never heard it before and don't acknowledge it as a real word.    My SM is limited to Twitter and this forum.    I don't do Facebook,  Instagram or whatever else is out there.   I created a FB account years ago but don't use it.  I also don't watch "younger TV."    I'm just not young anymore and can't relate.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I was able to figure out what it meant but never heard it before and don't acknowledge it as a real word.    My SM is limited to Twitter and this forum.    I don't do Facebook,  Instagram or whatever else is out there.   I created a FB account years ago but don't use it.  I also don't watch "younger TV."    I'm just not young anymore and can't relate.  

Not terribly different than using abbreviations and acronyms imo.  

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Not terribly different than using abbreviations and acronyms imo.  

That's true for some but not for everyone.   I prefer actual words.  

I don't know what many of the acronyms stand for anyway.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2