Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When Vicki bought Briana the new leased Mercedes, Briana was a student and derived a small income from RHOC.  She didn't have another job so essentially, much like the last car Vicki gifted her it is mostly likely tied to Briana's appearances on the show.  I like the idea Vicki can afford to help her kids out.  What I dislike about Briana is she always dismisses Vicki's contributions all the while taking them.  Vicki's gifts don't stop at down payments on houses and vehicles she also pays for a lot of nice international vacations for Briana and her family-of course the downside is Vicki is on the trip.   

As to the OC house, didn't Vicki say Ryan wanted to be a house flipper?  IIRC Briana and Ryan did not make a lot of money - if any- on the Oklahoma City home.  For each sale there is about a 6%  commission so I don;t think Briana is making a ton of money on these houses. 

I hope Ryan with all his new toys isn't breaking the bank.  It always seems to me Briana rarely has more than a six month period of employment in nursing without a serious health issue.  I am quite certain she is not getting paid while she is off from her nursing job.  Even this year on the show she essentially didn't film with any of the other RH.  She looked so uncomfortable at Tamra's granddaughter's birthday party.   So I question if Briana made significant income this year off the show.  I do think Vicki's kids are fortunate as I could never see her denying her children if they needed her help financially.

Brianna/Ryan shop at Target. Ive seen them there. But they may also shop at Nordstrom's......I don't know because I DON'T shop there. 

As I've mentioned before, there is something that doesn't make sense about Brianna moving out of OC. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Brianna/Ryan shop at Target. Ive seen them there. But they may also shop at Nordstrom's......I don't know because I DON'T shop there. 

As I've mentioned before, there is something that doesn't make sense about Brianna moving out of OC. 

It could be nothing more than Ryan wanting to live where he grew up/wanting to be around his family. Or, that because both Ryan and Briana have health issues,  living near family and where the cost of living is lower makes more sense than living in/near Vicki/the OC. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I think that "something" is Ryan. 

FWIW, I grew up in Westchester and I could not, for the life of me, wait to get out of there after I finished college.  So I understand wanting a lifestyle change, but it seems like an abrupt change from what she said last season about wanting to move back to the OC.  

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, misschung said:

I think that "something" is Ryan. 

FWIW, I grew up in Westchester and I could not, for the life of me, wait to get out of there after I finished college.  So I understand wanting a lifestyle change, but it seems like an abrupt change from what she said last season about wanting to move back to the OC.  

Briana has said several times that she didn't want to live in the OC (she doesn't like the lifestyle/cost), she moved back because of her health and then stayed because Ryan was getting out of the Marines (because of his back/hip injuries) but I don't think they thought it would take as long as it did. Hopefully this will be a good move for all of them.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Briana has said several times that she didn't want to live in the OC (she doesn't like the lifestyle/cost), she moved back because of her health and then stayed because Ryan was getting out of the Marines (because of his back/hip injuries) but I don't think they thought it would take as long as it did. Hopefully this will be a good move for all of them.

Yes, and hopefully it will keep Brianna off the show!

3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't mind her on the show like she was this season but I would also be Ok with her not returning to the show, especially if that meant less or no Vicki on the show as well. LOL 

• Love 8

I’d move to that planet which got fired/downgraded to get away from the Ick.

i don’t even know if that planet supports life.  I’d still go there.

hey, it’s Wednesday, and yep, still loathe this heifer. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't mind her on the show like she was this season but I would also be Ok with her not returning to the show, especially if that meant less or no Vicki on the show as well. LOL 

I'm pretty sure she's still going to be on the show.   I also think Vicki knows that she's basically keeping Vicki's storyline somewhat relevant.  Heck, I only watch Vicki's portions to see Briana and her family.  I don't think Vicki's going anywhere unless they drag her offstage with a shepherd's hook 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, misschung said:

I'm pretty sure she's still going to be on the show.   I also think Vicki knows that she's basically keeping Vicki's storyline somewhat relevant.  Heck, I only watch Vicki's portions to see Briana and her family.  I don't think Vicki's going anywhere unless they drag her offstage with a shepherd's hook 

I don't mind Vicki staying on the show but that last comment, Miss Chung, is some funny shit! Lol! You rock!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, misschung said:

Sadly, I agree. Vicki will be back next season. Like you, the only good scene with Vicki is when Briana/family are in it, otherwise, I could FF any scene she is in. LOL

Here is what I think went down.  After the Brooks debacle, Vicki desperately needed Briana to move to OC as she was out of friends.  Briana and Ryan thought his disability retirement was due any moment (the guy had hip and back surgeries ans PTSD), so it made sense that Briana cool her heels in the OC, pick up some Bravo bucks, pull a few shifts and wait for Ryan.  I think Vicki bought the house and financed the remodel.  Once Briana and Ryan sold their home in OKC, they simply took out a no down VA loan on the OC home.  It is a wise way to manage money.  I will say with huge daily appearance fees ranging from $5,000-$15,000 per day, nursing salaries don;t compare.  The problem was Briana pulled back and decided there was no upside after the Brooks disaster to continuing to bash her mom-her self proclaimed best friend.  It even got to the point after the accident in Glamis where Briana said her mom milks it-that was cut from the episode.  

So when Ryan's disability request took 20 months instead of a couple of months, I do believe Briana had her fill of the OC, again.  She sure wanted to move back but with Ryan and Briana's salaries they will always be small fish in the big pond.  Move to Raleigh and they get to enjoy a lifestyle unavailable to them in OC.  There is a reason people live in California and it comes down to one thing-great weather.  Raleigh has snow and a very muggy summer.  I don't think Briana will find it daunting but there is a huge difference weather wise between the two locales.  

I hope Briana finds good health and happiness but to me she is just not that interesting.  I guess the producers felt the same way because her kids got more screen time than she this season.  I feel for her because it must be hard for her husband to understand his mother in law is basically a lying, maniacal woman who has admitted to multiple affairs and horrific treatment of others.  I do think Briana has set her life goal to be a good mom and wife without all the unnecessary drama.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't mind Vicki staying on the show but that last comment, Miss Chung, is some funny shit! Lol! You rock!

lol, I just reread this and I meant to say "Briana knows that she's keeping Vicki on the show."

50 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what I think went down.  After the Brooks debacle, Vicki desperately needed Briana to move to OC as she was out of friends.  Briana and Ryan thought his disability retirement was due any moment (the guy had hip and back surgeries ans PTSD), so it made sense that Briana cool her heels in the OC, pick up some Bravo bucks, pull a few shifts and wait for Ryan.  I think Vicki bought the house and financed the remodel.  Once Briana and Ryan sold their home in OKC, they simply took out a no down VA loan on the OC home.  It is a wise way to manage money.  I will say with huge daily appearance fees ranging from $5,000-$15,000 per day, nursing salaries don;t compare.  The problem was Briana pulled back and decided there was no upside after the Brooks disaster to continuing to bash her mom-her self proclaimed best friend.  It even got to the point after the accident in Glamis where Briana said her mom milks it-that was cut from the episode.  

So when Ryan's disability request took 20 months instead of a couple of months, I do believe Briana had her fill of the OC, again.  She sure wanted to move back but with Ryan and Briana's salaries they will always be small fish in the big pond.  Move to Raleigh and they get to enjoy a lifestyle unavailable to them in OC.  There is a reason people live in California and it comes down to one thing-great weather.  Raleigh has snow and a very muggy summer.  I don't think Briana will find it daunting but there is a huge difference weather wise between the two locales.  

I hope Briana finds good health and happiness but to me she is just not that interesting.  I guess the producers felt the same way because her kids got more screen time than she this season.  I feel for her because it must be hard for her husband to understand his mother in law is basically a lying, maniacal woman who has admitted to multiple affairs and horrific treatment of others.  I do think Briana has set her life goal to be a good mom and wife without all the unnecessary drama.

Daily appearances from 5-15 grand? Wow. 

I didn't think her post-Glamis comment was cut because I remember hearing her saying it. 

I think the reason I watch Vicki for Briana and family is that it's one of the few remaining connections to the way the show used to be.  I much preferred it when it focused on the women and their families. 

• Love 5

There is just no way Briana is being paid 5-15k to appear anywhere.

maybe Tamra gets that kind of dough, but Briana is such a schlub.  I like the girl, but she’s no reality star, not even d list. 

Vicki probably gets 5k to NOT show up. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

There is just no way Briana is being paid 5-15k to appear anywhere.

maybe Tamra gets that kind of dough, but Briana is such a schlub.  I like the girl, but she’s no reality star, not even d list. 

Vicki probably gets 5k to NOT show up. 

Oh they do pay that much.  Brandi was pulling down $30,000.00 an appearance.  I am sure Kim Richards gets that much or more.  The thing is these are flat sums-it is up to the receiver to pay the taxes on the money.  Every once in awhile someone gets sued and they disclose their salary.  Briana was kind of a dead give away when she claimed she made six figures the previous year and had just returned to work.  Average pay for a full time  RN in OKC at the time was $72,000.00 a year.  Briana didn't always work but she did always receive a nice paycheck from Bravo.  I certainly don't hold it against her.  The same thing with Tamra's son and his girlfriend they get paid per day.  

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh they do pay that much.  Brandi was pulling down $30,000.00 an appearance.  I am sure Kim Richards gets that much or more.  The thing is these are flat sums-it is up to the receiver to pay the taxes on the money.  Every once in awhile someone gets sued and they disclose their salary.  Briana was kind of a dead give away when she claimed she made six figures the previous year and had just returned to work.  Average pay for a full time  RN in OKC at the time was $72,000.00 a year.  Briana didn't always work but she did always receive a nice paycheck from Bravo.  I certainly don't hold it against her.  The same thing with Tamra's son and his girlfriend they get paid per day.  

Didn't she have 2 jobs? 

Either way, wow - that's a lot of money. No wonder she took a 21-hour road trip while she had a staph infection 

• Love 3
On 12/13/2017 at 4:45 AM, chenoa333 said:

Everyone shops at Target.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, misschung said:

Didn't she have 2 jobs? 

Either way, wow - that's a lot of money. No wonder she took a 21-hour road trip while she had a staph infection 

Briana worked at two places, which to me is different than having two jobs.  It is fairly easy to get a shift here and there as a nurse.  I looked at the totality of the circumstances and drew the conclusion between her trips to California and her illnesses and pregnancies she really didn't have an entire year of employment.

Ashlee from RHONJ, way back in the second season made $30,000.00 a year for being on the show.  The adult Manzo children also made quite a bit of money for their appearances.  It is only the minor children who do not get paid.  It really isn't a large amount of money to the producers considering the RH franchises are a billion dollar business.  They don't pay residuals so once someone appears and gets paid there is no downside for Bravo.   I do believe if the adult child doesn't bring something to the table, the request for filming with them diminishes.  Briana was pretty active for several years appearing at the Reunions and of course the OKC bits.  

I felt bad for Briana relocating to California-her children went almost two years with their dad stationed in another state.  That had to be difficult and the staph infection was a 30 day hospital stay.  Again hard on the family.  I am sure she is going to miss be able to pop over to her mom's or grab a bite to eat.  It also means Vicki's kids are on opposite sides of the country.  I am sure Vicki will make the trek but not so sure Michael wants to spend time on the east coast.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I have a friend who doesn't ever shop at Target or Walmart. I know shes a very rare breed, but they do exist! Lol

I'm sure Lisa VanderPump doesn't either and my mom only goes if we drag her, but I was going for figurative everyone, not literal.

• Love 2

I can see Gretchen getting 5-15k, I can see even Alexis getting that.  But Briana?  She’s just so deadly dull.  I’d have coffee with her, but I wouldn’t pay anything. 

Now we know why Tamra was able to buy that nice new house.  She’s the queen bee, so she must be making a killing.  Eddie too. 

I picked the wrong vocation.  Should have met up with a guy in mid management doing real estate such and such in Cali.  Could have been making sweet bank acting like an asshole on tv.  Being an unpaid asshole sort of stings. 

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I can see Gretchen getting 5-15k, I can see even Alexis getting that.  But Briana?  She’s just so deadly dull.  I’d have coffee with her, but I wouldn’t pay anything. 

Now we know why Tamra was able to buy that nice new house.  She’s the queen bee, so she must be making a killing.  Eddie too. 

I picked the wrong vocation.  Should have met up with a guy in mid management doing real estate such and such in Cali.  Could have been making sweet bank acting like an asshole on tv.  Being an unpaid asshole sort of stings. 

I thought the exact same thing! 

• Love 4

I hate the floors, other than that I don't think it's too terribly bad.              At least it's not that horrible open concept crap that's so trendy now. I hate how the house trend is basically one huge room with the kitchen is at one end of the huge room. I want walls, doors and defined rooms. 

• Love 11
On 12/21/2017 at 4:44 PM, misschung said:

Is this Briana and Ryan's OC home? Looks like they made some money on it.  Interesting decorating choices, a little OC, a little country... 

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/5-Duskywing-Ct-92694/home/5905339

I have no idea what she paid for the upgrades. They paid $799,000. and sold for $969,000.  Of course there was a commission paid on the sale but it sounds as if they made a little money.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I remember seeing on Ryan's twitter that he said they would have no mortgage in NC. Apparently paying cash. Sounds like Vicki gave them the house sale proceeds? Or they came into a lot of cash somehow.

Vicki only "gave" (loaned) Briana/Ryan the money for the down payment on their OC house, they actually owned the house themselves, not Vicki. 

• Love 3

I do think Briana has set her life goal to be a good mom and wife without all the unnecessary drama.

I expect her to file for divorce within 2 years.  Ryan retired (not sure he actually got disability) and he'll be at loose ends career-wise.  She'll be working long shifts at the hospital, he'll be friendly with the woman next door or the one at Home Depot ... 

And Briana will end up just where we knew she'd always end up ... back home with Vicki.

I remember seeing on Ryan's twitter that he said they would have no mortgage in NC. Apparently paying cash. Sounds like Vicki gave them the house sale proceeds? Or they came into a lot of cash somehow.

You don't need that much cash to buy a home in the Raleigh area.  Heck, a family member bought a really nice house in Cary (Yankeeville to the locals) for under $400,000. They've made profit on their homes and Ryan's income while in Afghanistan on his 5 overseas posts was TAX-FREE. And a nurse in the OC probably makes $120,000 a year.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 6:45 AM, chenoa333 said:

Nordstrom is my #1 store - they have a lot of high end stuff, but they also have a LOT of inexpensive, quality clothes.  They also have good sales and you cannot beat the return policy.  

Target is actually not all that inexpensive, the prices slowly crept up.  And I think the quality is total crap.  I have stopped shopping there for essentials, it is a ripoff.  

You can find clothes for less at Nordstrom and they won't shrink in the wash or fall apart after a few wears.  

On 12/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, misschung said:

Is this Briana and Ryan's OC home? Looks like they made some money on it.  Interesting decorating choices, a little OC, a little country... 

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/5-Duskywing-Ct-92694/home/5905339

I actually like the floors, but the rugs are GOD AWFUL!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

How do we know for a fact that house is/was Brianna and Ryan's home? I always thought they lived in Rancho Santa Margarita, not Ladera Ranch....but I'm too lazy to research it! Lol.

Because they have shown it several times on the show, the carport is where one of the kids locked Vicki out of the car.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, chenoa333 said:

I wouldn't miss her! As bad as people think of Vicki, Brianna's so treacherous speaking out of turn about her own mother! I don't care if Vicki's a narcissist or is the neediest person alive, she's done a lot for that b!tch daughter who thinks nothing of exposing stuff to these vicious cat women who eat it up to use against her later! "Thanks Bri!" ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
On 1/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

At least she won't have to pay to get his teeth fixed.

Au contraire.  I think he only got the front four fixed.  Seems like there were 2-3 empty sockets just begging for a toof. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Vicki has already talked about it on IG. If I can find the screencap, ill post it.

Is that when she wondered why the bride didn't do a background check which is rich given how much she defended him even after she knew all his shit.

• Love 9

Let’s face it.  Vicki is a shady old desperado.  She’d take Crooks back in a minute if he ever got that desperate.  

I don’t think he will.  Even a half assed hillbilly grifter like Crooks is too sophisticated and discerning for Vicki the slack jawed yokel. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Just because you can zip them up, does not mean that you should wear them.

LOL!

I don't follow anyone on SM. Had Vicki said if Briana and Ryan have found jobs?

• Love 1