Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/31/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh man, that's right ..... they will all be dressed up on Monday.  It's always so ridiculously over the top.  I HATE their Halloween shows! 

Of course Jedifloozie has to be some kind of cartoon sexpot. What a surprise.  Blech!

Thanks for reminding me that I can "sleep in" ... LOL.

• Love 5

I guess you win a prize for your spot-on prognostication abilities, ari333.  You got the short, sexy, and fit for a teenager part right. It's also arguably slutty. 

But Miss Goody Two Shoes isn't going to be a witch.  She's going to be 

Spoiler

Tinkerbell.

Spoiler

It's so precious it makes me want to puke.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess you win a prize for your spot-on prognostication abilities, ari333.  You got the short, sexy, and fit for a teenager part right. It's also arguably slutty. 

But Miss Goody Two Shoes isn't going to be a witch.  She's going to be 

Hide contents

Tinkerbell.

Hide contents

It's so precious it makes me want to puke.

??????????????

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

Is CCB showing up on Halloween?  if so, I predict something short and sexy, fit for a teenager... slutty witch etc

I thought for sure she'd come out not dressed as anything, saying that real Christians don't celebrate Halloween and complain again about how hard it is to be the only Christian on The View. Then turn to the other women in outfits and say, "I just want to understaaand!"

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Is CCB showing up on Halloween?  if so, I predict something short and sexy, fit for a teenager... slutty witch etc

I think her special snowflake version of Christianity doesn't celebrate Halloween.

Isn't that the silliest thing - to demonize Halloween in the name of Christianity and anti demons.

I've never had it explained and it sort of makes my head explode.

I went trick or treating and dressed up and never thought of satan (in the 50's)...all I wanted was CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, kaygeeret said:

Isn't that the silliest thing - to demonize Halloween in the name of Christianity and anti demons.

I've never had it explained and it sort of makes my head explode.

It is, but it isn't to some religions. I remember when working as a bank teller, I wished this really cute toddler a Happy Halloween, and her father said they don't believe in it, because it's the "work of Satan." He was a Jehovah's Witness. I kid you not.

And Chipmunk clearly has forgotten that Paula is also on this show. And Paula is the same "kind of" Christian as she is. Sunny is a heathen because she's Catholic. I'm not sure about Jediblahblah. I think Whoopi is Catholic as well, though I can't remember.

Good to know that I'll probably fast forward tomorrow's show. At least I'm saved from Bawawa doing her Marilyn Monroe voice.

• Love 3

Acrually CCB is dressing up....its a disney character.

She dressed up last year in her private life as rizzo from Grease...got some flak on her facebook for  celebrating Halloween.  i figured the hokiday is a day to play dress up...be creative...have fun...and get candy :)

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Living here in the Bible belt Halloween has always been problematic, so much so the schools quit celebrating many years ago.

I'm down South and years ago when I was in a public elementary school I had a teacher that wouldn't let us celebrate Halloween at all. We could hear other classrooms doing stuff and we were all in there doing school work. The teacher wasn't mean but would try and bring religion into the classroom in different ways (like mentioning how we were lambs of God) and it always made me uncomfortable. I'd tell my Mom and she'd write a letter asking the teacher to stop. The teacher would stop for awhile and thought the letters were kind of funny. My Mom and I would see her at a store called Phar-Mor a lot and she'd always take time out to talk to both my Mom and me. The teacher was a single Mom too and her daughter was a cashier at the store so I think she let Mom use her store discount. Going back to the Halloween subject this teacher didn't let the class know that there'd be no acknowledgement of Halloween until the day of and it's something I've always remembered. 

• Love 1

Well, dammit, I love Cartman from Southpark and the voice was pretty good too.

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good to know that I'll probably fast forward tomorrow's show. At least I'm saved from Bawawa doing her Marilyn Monroe voice.

Hate to say it but......

• Love 1

Looks like today's Halloween party episode of "The View," was previously taped. Otherwise, "Tinkerbell," would have been crowing "I told you HRC was a "crook & a liar" & praising (her) lord for destroying Hillary Clinton's chances of becoming president.

• Love 1

I checked out the intro online to see the costumes which was about five minutes.      It could have watchable if Candace had played the back half of Paula's My Little Pony costume instead of Tinkerbell, although I liked Raven's Cartman voice a lot. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I checked out the intro online to see the costumes which was about five minutes.      It could have watchable if Candace had played the back half of Paula's My Little Pony costume instead of Tinkerbell, although I liked Raven's Cartman voice a lot. 

The costumes, I guess weren't really BAD.  I didn't like the theme, and it just wasn't fun. Some of them were sort of swallowed up by their costumes.  I wonder who they think their audience is, I had no interest in watching people as cartoon characters.  Now, if they were all dressed as characters from the same cartoon, it might have been interesting.   I tuned out after a few minutes. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

The costumes, I guess weren't really BAD.  I didn't like the theme, and it just wasn't fun. Some of them were sort of swallowed up by their costumes.  I wonder who they think their audience is, I had no interest in watching people as cartoon characters.  Now, if they were all dressed as characters from the same cartoon, it might have been interesting.   I tuned out after a few minutes. 

I agree. I only liked Cartman. Whoopi's "Marge" voice got on my nerves.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

I've long wondered this and I agree with @backformore's costume assessment.  Joy didn't have any idea who her character was LOL.  It's like everyone involved with this show just gave up.  Well, except for Born Again Barbie - apparently not having a flying harness has prevented her from dressing up like Tinkerbell all these years.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I've long wondered this and I agree with @backformore's costume assessment.  Joy didn't have any idea who her character was LOL.  It's like everyone involved with this show just gave up.  Well, except for Born Again Barbie - apparently not having a flying harness has prevented her from dressing up like Tinkerbell all these years.  

Well, at least Barbie could go strapless-looking (ok there was a leotard there) AND short skirt at the same time . Other days she has to choose one or the other. GACK

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

The halloween gods smiled on me today. About 10 minutes into the show, my power went out. I think maybe it was Whoopi's Marge voice that took it out. It came back a few minutes before the end. It saved me from changing the channel. 

I am sure BAB will get blow back from her outfit in the comments on her FB page. There are people who don't understand that Christians hold many different views. I really wonder what she thinks about the criticism from hard line Christians since that is where the criticism comes from. Maybe that is why she looks so confused all the time.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Dissy said:

The halloween gods smiled on me today. About 10 minutes into the show, my power went out. I think maybe it was Whoopi's Marge voice that took it out. It came back a few minutes before the end. It saved me from changing the channel. 

I am sure BAB will get blow back from her outfit in the comments on her FB page. There are people who don't understand that Christians hold many different views. I really wonder what she thinks about the criticism from hard line Christians since that is where the criticism comes from. Maybe that is why she looks so confused all the time.

What kind of blowback?  For being skimpy?  She's worn dumber stuff that wasn't a costume (those thigh high boots with leather leggings come to mind.)    Or for "celebrating" Halloween?  

It's a War on Halloween!!!!!   How come O'Reilly never talks about that?  Haha   I remember poor dumb Sherri wondering about Halloween and her [then] small child but that was because she was raised a Jehovah's Witness and never participated.   I guess I never knew [or cared] other religions boycotted it as well. 

Oh well, like someone else said, at least we didn't have to listen to Babs try to sing like Marilyn Monroe.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Of all the cartoon characters out there they choose My Little Pony and Joy's mess?  Joys eyes were beautiful though!   Love Cartman, Raven did a descent job with his voice.   Betty Boop was poorly done.  

Didn't watch the show, just the costumes.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

What kind of blowback?  For being skimpy?  She's worn dumber stuff that wasn't a costume (those thigh high boots with leather leggings come to mind.)    Or for "celebrating" Halloween?  

Well, I have heard from Christians that Halloween is the devil's holiday.  AND - Tinkerbell is all about Disney magic, which is frowned upon by some Christian groups.   Remember when Christians were all up in arms about Harry Potter because wizardy=dark magic=spells from the devil?   the same mentality rails against Disney's depictions of magic too. 

• Love 5

To me Halloween is for kids and gays...now wait I'm not saying that in a bad way, my brother was gay and it was his favourite time of the year...sadly he died of aids many years ago.  But grown people dressing up to me is just lame.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh well, like someone else said, at least we didn't have to listen to Babs try to sing like Marilyn Monroe.  

That was a hot mess, seeing Baba wawa, trying to be sexay, via her abysmal interpretation of Marilyn Monroe..I remember on the View page over Television without pity, we used to all wonder, where the hell was her daughter.. Why would she allow her mother, to degrade herself like that, on national television.. She had more than enough money, to retire.  It was a sad spectacle to see Baba Wawa like that...

The ladies over at the Talk go all out of Halloween. They actually put in some thought and creativity into their costumes. They never fail to deliver. I always enjoy their Halloween show, every year.  Unlike, the view. I remember one year, Whoopie looked like a cross between a homeless person and a clown. Pathetic!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, backformore said:

Well, I have heard from Christians that Halloween is the devil's holiday.  AND - Tinkerbell is all about Disney magic, which is frowned upon by some Christian groups.   Remember when Christians were all up in arms about Harry Potter because wizardy=dark magic=spells from the devil?   the same mentality rails against Disney's depictions of magic too. 

Yup.  Again in the Bible belt, I worked in the elem school library many years ago and kids needed a signed permission slip from parents to be able to take Harry Potter out of the library.  Seriously.

My condolences, Jpxfactor.  Very sorry for your loss.

• Love 5

I don't mind that they dress up for Halloween because everyone on TV does that. I just don't watch because nothing interesting happens on the Halloween episodes, just like birthday celebrations. I didn't see Paula's costume, but I did happen to catch Candace, Whoopi, and Raven. Was Joy dressed up as Betty Boop?

9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Unlike, the view. I remember one year, Whoopie looked like a cross between a homeless person and a clown. Pathetic!

How kind of you!  I think Whoopie looks like that most days.

• Love 9

I like Halloween episodes...its better then the now two month celebration for Christmas...imho.

Raven's costume and voice was good...Candace looked good as well...but the other costumes were too overdone.  i think Jedi's costuke would have worked with a netty boop wig, dress, and makeup... Sara is a perfect Smurfette...kind of vacant and likes pretty things...but i didnt like the headpiece...and paula's was cute.  Joy....who did she anger lol Sunny's was ok.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 2

What kind of blowback?  For being skimpy?  She's worn dumber stuff that wasn't a costume (those thigh high boots with leather leggings come to mind.)    Or for "celebrating" Halloween?  

Yes Cosmocrush, to all of the above questions. There are several denominations and/or individual churches that preach against Halloween. I have seen her criticized for skimpy clothing, being in Hollywood, kissing actors on her show, celebrating Halloween, etc. I have family members that are anti-halloween for religious reasons. They are the first to criticize other church goers for allowing their kids to trick or treat. I just find the whole judging thing funny, considering...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I used to work with a born again Christian and at their church kids did get to dress up for Halloween, but they dressed up as characters out of the bible. 

• Love 2