Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/31/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Somehow I'm guessing those people always whining that The View should be "fair and balanced" were perfectly okay with today's show when there were 3 white Christian self-professed conservatives ganged up together and Joy was the moderator so she could barely speak either....

Thanks for the warning, ginger90. I'm already at the point that we should just expect Jedistupid to be there even though Sunny has the same title as her and is invisible on this show. At least we get one day next week without that repulsive, two-faced troll.

I have never heard Jedediah talk about her faith on the show other than talking about rejecting her catholic school upbringing like joy. So yeah she's a fiscal conservative but as much of a Christian as joy.. and I'm not sure you all would've loved sunny on the show more than paula. I think we are forgetting sunny is a social conservative Catholic tranditionalist who doesn't like strippers, nudity, disobeying her husband. Sunny does better with legal and political issues. And other than Wallace today wasn't really about that. 

And remember Paula and sunny appear on various shows throughout ABC and report at various events. Sunny is in GMA, and nightlife pretty regularly. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

I have never heard Jedediah talk about her faith on the show

So 1 of the bots isn’t overtly Christian. What diversity! Nearly the first half of the show was about politics. Social issues definitely are not a reason they would have to keep Sunny off the show when they have 3 other people saying more regressive, disgusting things than she's ever said. And let's not forget Jedidiah who is an absolute flop in the non-political discussions herself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bmarsh said:

I have never heard Jedediah talk about her faith on the show other than talking about rejecting her catholic school upbringing like joy. So yeah she's a fiscal conservative but as much of a Christian as joy.. and I'm not sure you all would've loved sunny on the show more than paula. I think we are forgetting sunny is a social conservative Catholic tranditionalist who doesn't like strippers, nudity, disobeying her husband. Sunny does better with legal and political issues. And other than Wallace today wasn't really about that. 

Sunny is a conservative/traditionalist catholic that does not want to impose her views on others. That is what differentiates her from Candace.. Sunny identifies as being pro-life, but, she would not remove a woman's right to choose..  I remember when they had a conversation about abortion and she voiced that opinion. 

• Love 13

I wouldn't want it every day but today's panel was great. Joy was level headed and brought up great points, Candace made her opinions crystal clear about "liberal people," Paula threw some shade about only being on Friday's and Jed rose her voice at someone not Whoopi or Sunny (Candace and Paula!) And Sarah, well, hopefully she saw the irony in Cruz not sticking to any opinions. 

Although with Sarah I think she's so desperate to play devils advocate and counter balancing it comes off as ingenuine. Meredith was able to do it so well but maybe Sarah will learn. Still enjoy her and the fact that she is actually light hearted and can lighten the mood when it gets tense.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4

I think we kinda figured out the little cliques on the view from the show and after show.

jedediah and Sara seem to be very close as Sara met jeds mom and jed mentioned that in the TV guide.

paula and Candace aka the sisters of Christ 

joy and sunny the liberal Warriors who intimidate tf outta whoop

and whoop island. I honestly really believe she doesn't do the pre show meeting or gets briefed by herself. She doesn't do Fridays, never does the after show, not doing the election night and couldn't even do the intro video. At that rate she should be the lowest paid on the show

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bmarsh said:

and whoop island. I honestly really believe she doesn't do the pre show meeting or gets briefed by herself. She doesn't do Fridays, never does the after show, not doing the election night and couldn't even do the intro video. At that rate she should be the lowest pic on the show

Whoopie thinks that the show is hers, so, she doesn't feel that she has to prepare for anything..Rumor has it, that she started hating Rosie, after she suggested that the panel comes in to prepare at 8:30, instead of 9:00. She was fit to be tied....

• Love 7

Going back to Thursday's show, I forgot to mention that I loved Joy's comparison to "hangar" during the cleavage discussion. And how everyone couldn't understand what she was saying (because they're all stoopid), but I loved her saying "I'm from New Yawk!" And then Whoopi made a joke about it and she and Joy shared a mutually amused look. It's moments like these that make me wonder if the stuff about about how much Whoopi "hates" Joy is really true. Whoopi didn't roll her eyes when Joy said that she was from New York, and I found the whole exchange pretty funny.

• Love 2

I've been involved in a family emergency for the past 3 weeks.....my sister's brain surgery that didn't go well. So I get bits of the show on Comcast, here, clips etc.

Feel like lashing out - Whoopi always has to "school" people and cut to commercial. And who are her friends that Trump has attacked? The Clinton's? Certainly not Rosie O. 

Ugh - can't find any redeeming qualities in Whoopi anymore. 

But love the show and everyone can't like all the co-hosts at the same time. Not what The View is about.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Going back to Thursday's show, I forgot to mention that I loved Joy's comparison to "hangar" during the cleavage discussion. And how everyone couldn't understand what she was saying (because they're all stoopid), but I loved her saying "I'm from New Yawk!" And then Whoopi made a joke about it and she and Joy shared a mutually amused look. It's moments like these that make me wonder if the stuff about about how much Whoopi "hates" Joy is really true. Whoopi didn't roll her eyes when Joy said that she was from New York, and I found the whole exchange pretty funny.

I don't think that she hates Joy, I just think that she resents her,  for her  intelligence and it makes her insecure.  I do think that the good feedback on Joy moderating on Fridays got under her skin.   She would not go after Joy, the way that, she has gone after Sunny, Rosie and Paula.  Her attacks on Joy are more subtle. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she, Chipmunk can just STFU about "Religious Liberty." No one, and I mean NO ONE is taking away her religious freedom. Does she have to pray in sekrit? Has she been put in jail/prison for saying she's a Christian and what her faith means to her?

Sometimes, to people like her, "religious freedom"  means "My freedom to impose MY religion on you."

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Sometimes, to people like her, "religious freedom"  means "My freedom to impose MY religion on you."

I know. I just wish Joy would ask her what I'm thinking! And let's just see how she tries to wriggle out of it! I mean she asked her today, what exactly she was afraid of, and told her, of the two, it doesn't affect her in any way. But then they had to go to commercial.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

But love the show and everyone can't like all the co-hosts at the same time. Not what The View is about.

No, but you should be able to like more than 1 co-host at the table for a talkshow. I'm not sure what viewer they're reaching when 3/5 everyone at the table is essentially the same.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

I wouldn't want it every day but today's panel was great. Joy was level headed and brought up great points,

I also noticed that the opening credits merely intro'd her as "Joy" (instead of "Joy Behar").  She gets the Whoopi Treatment!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I also noticed that the opening credits merely intro'd her as "Joy" (instead of "Joy Behar").  She gets the Whoopi Treatment!

That is only when Joy is the moderator.  All other days when Whoopi is there Joy is "Joy Behar" in the opening.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vinyasa said:

That is only when Joy is the moderator.  All other days when Whoopi is there Joy is "Joy Behar" in the opening.

I didn't notice that. I wonder if Whoops doesn't like it that Joy is the other "one name" person (like Cher or Madonna etc)

If so, it sounds kind of petty, which would not shock me in the least of Whoopi.

Plus Joy has seniority even thought she left for awhile and came back (yay!). (Is that right? She did leave for a bit? )

I was out for a long time bc Bits ran me off. I couldn't take it anymore. I even missed most of Rosie O coming back and Jenny McCarthy's and Rosie Perez's stints on the show. It took me a good while to get back in the swing of watching after the horror that was Bits. Now I'm wondering if CCB is going to run me off again. .

• Love 2
21 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Sunny Hostin's title with ABC is Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst for ABC News. Much more than just a co-host on The View. She fills in on other shows and I actually heard her on the radio in my car the other day with a news story (non-political, iirc) and my station is an ABC affiliate.

I wish she was on this show more but like she has the most important title on this show with ABC.

I did not know that, thanks maggiemae.  Maybe someone at ABC has some smarts afterall because using Sunny as just a co-host on this show would be a tremendous waste in my opinion.  

And I hope your sister gets better!

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, right? I just want to punch her [Jediblahblah] whenever I see her face.

OMG, that woman never shuts up.  She uses 1000 words to say something that could/should be said in two sentences.  I don't even care what the topic is - she just goes on and on and on.   I had a girlfriend like that once and I could literally put the phone down, go to the restroom, return and pick up the phone and she would still be yapping without even noticing I was gone, LOL. 

I've been keeping track of the closing for the past two weeks and out of nine shows, Whoopi has only done her lame version ("Take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon..." ) once and it seemed like she just did it automatically where when she does "Take a little time to enjoy The View" it's like she spits it out.   I'm probably reading too much into it but it seems like she refused to say the standard line for a long time, and now she's at least attempting to use it.   Of course, that means twice as many "Welcometotheview, Welcometotheview, Welcometotheview, Welcomtotheview...." in the opening.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

've been keeping track of the closing for the past two weeks and out of nine shows, Whoopi has only done her lame version ("Take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon..." ) once and it seemed like she just did it automatically where when she does "Take a little time to enjoy The View" it's like she spits it out.   I'm probably reading too much into it but it seems like she refused to say the standard line for a long time, and now she's at least attempting to use it.   Of course, that means twice as many "Welcometotheview, Welcometotheview, Welcometotheview, Welcomtotheview...." in the opening.  

When Whoopi was saying "Take a little time to enjoy whatever  view you happen upon," I figured that she was "sticking it to the powers behind the View," and they didn't like it.....hence now she says "Take a little time to enjoy the View,"  I think it is called being  "passive aggressive."   If she hates the show as much as she shows she does, it is time to quit!  

• Love 8

Wow watching the old View Interviews with the McCains in 2008 and that election was just so different. Everyone had mutual respect. As Bill Maher said yesterday, villifying McCain and Romney as horrific sexists and racists etc. led to Trump sadly. I miss the 08 and 12 elections. "Binders full of women" would barely get 5 seconds of media time in this election LOL

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

When Whoopi was saying "Take a little time to enjoy whatever  view you happen upon," I figured that she was "sticking it to the powers behind the View," and they didn't like it.....hence now she says "Take a little time to enjoy the View,"  I think it is called being  "passive aggressive."   If she hates the show as much as she shows she does, it is time to quit!  

I would not care if she pulled a Star and quit halfway this season. Good riddances whoopster.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

As Bill Maher said yesterday, villifying McCain and Romney as horrific sexists and racists etc. led to Trump sadly.

I don't think vilifying them for what they were led to Trump. I think the Republican Party giving passes to racism and misogyny--and outright making it a part of their platform--led to Trump.

• Love 11
On 11/4/2016 at 11:00 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that she hates Joy, I just think that she resents her,  for her  intelligence and it makes her insecure.  I do think that the good feedback on Joy moderating on Fridays got under her skin.   She would not go after Joy, the way that, she has gone after Sunny, Rosie and Paula.  Her attacks on Joy are more subtle. 

If I remember correctly, Whoopi has mentioned Joy being responsible for her hiring?  

I really like Joy, always have.  Joy is able to have a discussion with people she disagrees with.  I admire people who do that well. Raven tends to make fun of her in a condescending way which is not attractive.  Just because someone isn't up to date with the latest fad does not mean one isn't intelligent.

Whoopi is good at monologue not conversation. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Wow watching the old View Interviews with the McCains in 2008 and that election was just so different. Everyone had mutual respect. As Bill Maher said yesterday, villifying McCain and Romney as horrific sexists and racists etc. led to Trump sadly. I miss the 08 and 12 elections. "Binders full of women" would barely get 5 seconds of media time in this election LOL

That's not exactly what I heard Bill say but that's another thread. 

18 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

I would not care if she pulled a Star and quit halfway this season. Good riddances whoopster.

Oh if only.  But Whoopster is all about the money and there is no way she's going to give up such an easy paycheck as this show.   Remember during the first reboot (S18) when the tabs were reporting she was fine leaving the show but insisted ABC buy out her contract?   They said no, and we got The Whoopi Goldberg Show.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Whoopi is good at monologue not conversation. 

Sadly, she used to thrive at conversation.  Her 1990s syndicated sit-down one-on-one chat show was really good.  Not much of it is around, though youtube has a few clips.

• Love 1