Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/31/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

Man, I'm glad that I was a kid when I was a kid and lived on the East coast. We got to dress up as angels and devils and monsters and no one said boo! pardon the pun. I was Jeannie one year; first grade, I think.

They stopped letting kids dress up for Halloween at school years after I'd left school. So sad.

So, nothing of interest today? 

• Love 5

Uhmmm my church used to have Halloween parties every year.LOL!  I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago if that makes a difference. The only religion I knew growing up that didn't celebrate Halloween were Jehovah Witnesses. But they didn't celebrate anything. Even birthdays. There was one little boy in school who had to either go to the principals office or get picked up by his parents for every class holiday party. Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, all of them. 

As for Born Again Barbie, I guarantee she will get ripped on her Facebook page for both celebrating Halloween and her "immodest" costume. She actually takes a lot of heat from other Christians on her Facebook page for how she dresses. She also got torn to shreds when Fuller House came out because the content was too "adult". 

I'm doing a LOT of fast forwarding, but I did see Paula say she was casting a spell so that everyone on the show got along like best friends. BURN! Love it.

I stuck around to see Kristin Chenoweth sing a jazz song from her new album. Worth waiting for.

I also enjoyed Joy having not a clue and giving not a damn what they had her dressed in.

I too went to Sunday School and not only had a church Halloween party, but we had a Halloween parade around the neighborhood. One year we had a haunted house. Most Christians are completely middle-of-the-road about such things. It's only the Witnesses and the fundies who look down on it as an evil holiday. (But it's completely negotiable and inconsistent.... Christmas trees started as pagan, as did many aspects of other Christian holidays, and it's only the most fundamental of fundamentalists who object to those. So dress your kid as Tinkerbelle, grab a bag, and knock on some doors!)

• Love 4

We had a haunted house at my church too years ago. Now most of the local churches here have trunk or treat.

Didn't like the costumes on today's show.  I prefer when the costumes are real people. Like Kristen's Judy Garland.  Also, on GMA, Lara Spencer's Larexander Hamilton was well done.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I saw our little miss sweetness & light, BAB, front & centre on Dancing with the Stars.  I think she had one of her daughters with her.  Just sayin'.

Good grief. The possible thing, OTOH, is maybe she won't be there tomorrow. Guess she could take a red eye. Sigh. 

• Love 3

Men didn't wear wedding rings at one time.  My dad never had one,  his generation did not have wedding rings for men.  A wedding ring is a symbol of commitment, it's not supposed to be a sign that says "back off, I'm taken."  Some people like rings, some people don't.  It's only a problem if someone does wear a ring, and takes it off at a bar or party. 

• Love 3

My hubby doesn't wear his ring for safety reasons.  Guy he worked with years ago had his on, jumped up to grab something off the top shelf (think the gray metal adjustable shelving you use in warehouses and your basement), caught his ring on the top of one of the upright posts and almost lost his finger.  Hubby took his off that night and hasn't worn it since.  Doesn't bother me in the least.  Safety first.  Plus we're married 46 yrs this month...I think we're in for the long haul...;-)

• Love 14

Daily Jedi hate. I can't stand this woman. The way she tried to downplay Comey's violation of the Hatch Act and the media's bias in Trump's favor that Joy noted ("character issues") reveals her character and what she really stands for. She was practically salivating at this story--probably was all weekend before the show. I can't tell you all how ecstatic I was to see Sunny's name in the opening credits. I'm only disappointed she and Joy did not mention Harry Reid's letter, Trump's server connecting to Russia, or the double standard mentioned in Reid's letter. I thought for sure Joy was going there with that list she gave, but oh well.

And screw Whoopi, too, again trying to go after Sunny during the relationship topics. Whoopi is just pathetic at this point.

• Love 15

And screw Whoopi, too, again trying to go after Sunny during the relationship topics. Whoopi is just pathetic at this point.

Did you notice how she was kind of poking Sunny-literally? I am disappointed in the way that she backs down from Whoopi. I think Sunny has some outdated ideas about marriage, but if it works for her-great. The wedding ring discussion was dumb. I wish Sunny wouldn't constantly show how insecure she is in her marriage. The more I hear about Sunny's husband, the more dickish he sounds.

Edited by Athena
Removed unnecessary spoiler tag
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you notice how she was kind of poking Sunny-literally? I am disappointed in the way that she backs down from Whoopi. I think Sunny has some outdated ideas about marriage, but if it works for her-great. The wedding ring discussion was dumb. I wish Sunny wouldn't constantly show how insecure she is in her marriage. The more I hear about Sunny's husband, the more dickish he sounds.

I am having trouble reading when someone uses "hidden" -- tried on two different browsers. What am I doing wrong? Where does one click? TYIA.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm doing a LOT of fast forwarding, but I did see Paula say she was casting a spell so that everyone on the show got along like best friends. BURN! Love it.

I stuck around to see Kristin Chenoweth sing a jazz song from her new album. Worth waiting for.

I also enjoyed Joy having not a clue and giving not a damn what they had her dressed in.

I too went to Sunday School and not only had a church Halloween party, but we had a Halloween parade around the neighborhood. One year we had a haunted house. Most Christians are completely middle-of-the-road about such things. It's only the Witnesses and the fundies who look down on it as an evil holiday. (But it's completely negotiable and inconsistent.... Christmas trees started as pagan, as did many aspects of other Christian holidays, and it's only the most fundamental of fundamentalists who object to those. So dress your kid as Tinkerbelle, grab a bag, and knock on some doors!)

I just watched the clip on the shows's Facebook page of everyone talking about their costumes and when Paula said that about best friends Raven as Cartman said something and Sara thought it was funny. Sara also said she had an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. What did Raven say? 

10 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I am having trouble reading when someone uses "hidden" -- tried on two different browsers. What am I doing wrong? Where does one click? TYIA.

I posted a note to David yesterday about it. It was supposed to be fixed by the end of the day but I guess they're still working on it. 

The whole email thing infuriates me. It's most likely these are duplicates of emails the FBI has already seen and cleared.  Pres Hillary's first action should be to fire Comey. I wish someone on the panel would be able to communicate this!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

Poor Sunny ... once again on the receiving end of the Fucking Know-it-All's diatribe about her being a "wing woman" for a friend.  Whoopi interrupted her so often, I lost interest in the story.  Is it just me, or has Sunny started sucking up out of self defense??

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Daily Jedi hate. I can't stand this woman. The way she tried to downplay Comey's violation of the Hatch Act and the media's bias in Trump's favor that Joy noted ("character issues") reveals her character and what she really stands for. She was practically salivating at this story--probably was all weekend before the show. I can't tell you all how ecstatic I was to see Sunny's name in the opening credits. I'm only disappointed she and Joy did not mention Harry Reid's letter, Trump's server connecting to Russia, or the double standard mentioned in Reid's letter. I thought for sure Joy was going there with that list she gave, but oh well.

She used to do that with Paula about her marriage and the rearing of her children.  She really has no boundaries, when it comes, to her arrogance and know it all attitude.  I am hoping that one of them will take her down, but, sadly, I will not get that wish.  Joy could do it, but, why bother, at this point..  Whoopie has been trying to goad Joy, into making a faux pas, in tandem, with her protege Raven, for a while now and Joy has not taken the bait.  I remember a few months ago, Whoopie, was trying to get Joy, to say the N word, telling her it was okay for her to say it.  Joy did not fall for it, knowing the pitfalls surrounding that ugly word.   Whoopie is a piece of work..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

So - they're all about talking about Hillary's emails.   Sunny tried to interject this story - Trump's child rape accuser  but it gets glossed over like it's some ugly rumor.  This woman has filed charges, there are witnesses, and the lawsuit is gong to court.  

Yes, it's not proven, and Trump hasn't been convicted -   But does that stop all the "Hillary  deleted emails!"   BS? 

There's a court date.  but, like the Trump U case, the court date is AFTER the election.   So if Trump wins the election,  all the ugliness and evidence of his true nature will be public AFTER he is selected to be our president.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, backformore said:

So - they're all about talking about Hillary's emails.   Sunny tried to interject this story - Trump's child rape accuser  but it gets glossed over like it's some ugly rumor.  This woman has filed charges, there are witnesses, and the lawsuit is gong to court.  

Yes, it's not proven, and Trump hasn't been convicted -   But does that stop all the "Hillary  deleted emails!"   BS? 

There's a court date.  but, like the Trump U case, the court date is AFTER the election.   So if Trump wins the election,  all the ugliness and evidence of his true nature will be public AFTER he is selected to be our president.

If he were to be selected, as our President and he got impeached for his crimes and I do believe that he has engaged, in treasonous acts, with Putin. Pence would become our president and that would be a nightmare for us all.   He is infinitely worst than the orange amoeba...Thank You! Ana Navarro, for coining that term, for Drumpf.    Anna gives me life.  I love that woman.  She is the unsung hero, in this dreary election.  That is one Republican that should have been on the panel.  She did tryout once, for the show and nothing came of it...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

If he were to be selected, as our President and he got impeached for his crimes and I do believe that he has engaged in treasonous acts with Putin. Pence would become our president and that would be a nightmare for us all... He is infinitely worst than the orange amoeba...Thank You! Ana Navarro, for coining that term for Drumpf...

There is a theory that this is exactly what Conservatives are hoping for.   Electing Trump and then getting rid of him so the candidate they really wanted will be President.  And considering how the right wing is willing to do whatever it takes to win elections (gerrymandering, voter suppression) this sounds exactly like something right up their alley.

• Love 13

Thank you for making some sparks Sunny.  Why the hell did this have to wait for The View to bring it up?  KellyAnne Conway was finally confronted with this by Andrew Ross Sorkin on CNBC yesterday.  I've been waiting with frustration since June for this to come up anywhere in the mainstream media.  The Clinton campaign can't really bring it up because Bill Clinton was buddies with Jeffrey Epstein and was reported in the flight logs 26 times; so it would boomerang back if Clinton or her surrogates talked about it.  There is a hearing on the case on December 16th.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

Comey didn't violate the Hatch act but his timing still was not good. BUT If Hillary and her team would've turned over everything sooner this would all been over much sooner. Yeah the timing sucks but Hillary has her self to blame for this disaster. and to the point Joy said "Anthony and Huma aren't running for president" there comes a certain time where the people someone surrounds themselves says something about them. I have heard the argument when Bill's accusers are brought up, when Cheryl Mills sketchy behavior is brought up, when the rude comments made by her staff in Wikileaks were brought up and now this Huma/Weiner thing. When is she going to realize she surrounds herself with toxic yes men? Idk I am tired of defending Hillary and just wish we had a democratic candidate who I could be proud of and my defense wasn't "she isn't trump!"  but talking about these candidates getting impeached. I wouldn't mind a President Tim Kaine tbh. Would rather Joe Biden. But eek president pence bleh. 

• Love 1

I've been saying "ABT" Anyone But Trump. So there's that.

I was ah-scared for Sara's lady parts in that dress sitting in that chair  during the Tom segment. love Tom btw. Some beloved celebs (like Tom) seem to really like Whoopi. It is puzzling.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Bmarsh said:

Comey didn't violate the Hatch act but his timing still was not good. BUT If Hillary and her team would've turned over everything sooner this would all been over much sooner. Yeah the timing sucks but Hillary has her self to blame for this disaster. and to the point Joy said "Anthony and Huma aren't running for president" there comes a certain time where the people someone surrounds themselves says something about them. I have heard the argument when Bill's accusers are brought up, when Cheryl Mills sketchy behavior is brought up, when the rude comments made by her staff in Wikileaks were brought up and now this Huma/Weiner thing. When is she going to realize she surrounds herself with toxic yes men? Idk I am tired of defending Hillary and just wish we had a democratic candidate who I could be proud of and my defense wasn't "she isn't trump!"  but talking about these candidates getting impeached. I wouldn't mind a President Tim Kaine tbh. Would rather Joe Biden. But eek president pence bleh. 

Hillary has nothing to do with what Comey did. And according to one of the provisions of the Hatch Act, he did violate it. And from what I've read, he didn't have a warrant, and these emails aren't from or to Hillary.  This is being discussed in depth and with more reputable sources, meaning not this show, even though I depend on Sunny to have the facts, over in the Current Events and Politics forum.

Comey did this, but sat on information that the Orangutan has ties to Russia because the latter would be considered "unduly influencing" the election. But that vague ass letter to Congress wasn't? Give me a fucking break.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Comey didn't violate the Hatch act but his timing still was not good. 

Yes, he did.

I don't feel the need to defend Hillary because it's clear she did nothing wrong. If she had, I'm sure the Republicans would already have locked her up like they've been dreaming about for 30 years.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I've been saying "ABT" Anyone But Trump. So there's that.

I was ah-scared for Sara's lady parts in that dress sitting in that chair  during the Tom segment. love Tom btw. Some beloved celebs (like Tom) seem to really like Whoopi. It is puzzling.

Yes, I think The Whoopster can "be sweet", unless she feels threatened & we've all seen her "being threatened persona", so ....

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, he did.

I don't feel the need to defend Hillary because it's clear she did nothing wrong. If she had, I'm sure the Republicans would already have locked her up like they've been dreaming about for 30 years.

Agreed ! I say this as someone who had worked in the  Federal Government and had to take the yearly Hatch Act training. 

I really wish they would publicize in advance who the hosts will be for what day. I specifically skipped today because I was in no mood for CCB. This election has me frazzled enough. But of course Sunny was there.

I did get to see the clip where they discussed the FBI and James Comey and I'm so glad she was there for that. My guess is the show knew it wanted to have that legal discussion and knew CCB would be of no use. I hope Sunny is there until the Election. 

Why was Jedawhatever trying to argue with Sunny about the law and legal protocol. Sunny actually has background with this issue. If she tells you something similar unprecedented and against guidelines I'm going to guess she knows what she's talking about. Since she actually worked at the DOJ.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

I really wish they would publicize in advance who the hosts will be for what day. I specifically skipped today because I was in no mood for CCB. This election has me frazzled enough. But of course Sunny was there.

Just a heads up, sunny will not be here the rest of this week. So I assume Candace will be here the rest &a Jedediah is on all week.

idk if you have a twitter, but sunny and Jedediah tweet before they do a show or tweet at beginning of week when they will be on.

• Love 2

Liked the cartoons but having Raven a bisexual dressed as Cartman, who is an open homophobe and yells homophobic rants, was weird.  I bet she didn't even know who she was dressed as.  I think someone on the crew had a good laugh at that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Just a heads up, sunny will not be here the rest of this week.

Of course not. They have a good co-host with an understanding of the law to relate to what's happening in the headlines right now, and we're stuck listening to a woman uneducated in politics--or, let's be honest, just about anything--preach their religion for the rest of the week instead. This show is so ridiculous.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Of course not. They have a good co-host with an understanding of the law to relate to what's happening in the headlines right now, and we're stuck listening to a woman uneducated in politics--or, let's be honest, just about anything--preach their religion for the rest of the week instead. This show is so ridiculous.

Welp that just makes my rest of week viewing easier! I have no patience for CCB this week. Focused on GOTV and phone banking. As long as I can see her face November 9th post election (and a Hillary win) I'm good. Then she can go away again. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

Welp that just makes my rest of week viewing easier! I have no patience for CCB this week. Focused on GOTV and phone banking. As long as I can see her face November 9th post election (and a Hillary win) I'm good. Then she can go away again. 

My DVR is already set.

In my opinion the Catholic Church has the best Halloween Parties.  

• Love 1

ARGH!!!!!! I need a pulling out hair emoji after watching the first segment!

First, WHOOPI, A server is NOT the FUCKING same thing as a laptop/device! Sunny and Jedishutthefuckup tried to tell her that, but she kept calling it a server. Why didn't Brian or whoever yell in her earpiece what the right term was?

Second, just STFU!!!! Jediblahblah who doesn't know shit and shouldn't even try to debate the law with Sunny! THE FUCKING CONGRESS is not Comey's BOSS. That would be LorettafuckingLynch, the ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Why Sunny didn't bring up and quote the fucking Hatch Act, is beyond me. And why they let Whoopi ramble on like she's some fucking expert continues to fuel me with RAGE. That audience was full of maroons and ignoramuses because they don't applaud when Sunny points out the LAW, but claps at the bullshit that Jedishutthefuckuplyingliarwholies spews????

And shut up, too, Sara. Trying to swing the other way so he doesn't look biased? What he did, absofuckinglutely showed his fucking bias!

And that Orangutan may have not been in government when he committed all those crimes, but he is the fucking presidential nominee, and all this shit should be investigated now. So again, STFU, Jedilyingliarwholies.

• Love 18

I had no interest in the wedding ring to wear or not to wear discussion. And I swear, everytime Jedilyingliarwholies says "My Man" I want to smash my head into my table. It's the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard.

I cannot BELIEVE the utter disrespect Whoopi was giving to Sunny. Just because Sunny's married doesn't mean she can't be her friend's wingman, or whatever. When Whoopi can say she's been married, in a monogamous and long term, then maybe she can say something.

And SHUT UP, Sara. When she said that fights with one's husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend should be private and you shouldn't talk about it, I rolled my eyes. HARD. Because all she does is air her relationship woes on this show and in front of strangers.

I want to Marry Tom Bergeron. SERIOUSLY. Loved what he had to say about Comey.

Bleagh Lochte. Don't care. 

Please tell me that that Bleached Bottle Blond Crypt Keeper isn't coming back on this show this week.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, backformore said:

So - they're all about talking about ,Hillary's emails.   Sunny tried to interject this story - Trump's child rape accuser  but it begets glossed over like it's some ugly rumor.  This woman has filed charges, there are witnesses, and the lawsuit is gong to court.  ts of behavi

There's a court date.  but, like the Trump U case, the court date is AFTER the election.   So if Trump wins the election,  all the ugliness and evidence of his true nature will  be public AFTER he is selected to be our president.

1. Its so interesting to me. Trump"s defenders are up in arms about the use of "sexual predator" being used to define his statements regarding assaulting women, yet they use <pedophile<very liberally to describe Weiner.
  • Love 4

And SHUT UP, Sara. When she said that fights with one's husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend should be private and you shouldn't talk about it, I rolled my eyes. HARD. Because all she does is air her relationship woes on this show and in front of strangers.

Airhead Sara is all lathered up that her husband takes off and plays around with his wedding ring that "we" bought. Shouldn't she have bought it by herself?

Gosh, her brain is so vacant.  It is going to be long rest of the week with both her and CCB.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Liked the cartoons but having Raven a bisexual dressed as Cartman, who is an open homophobe and yells homophobic rants, was weird.  I bet she didn't even know who she was dressed as.  I think someone on the crew had a good laugh at that.

I guarantee Raven knows about Cartman. It's called a sense of humor. Not getting offended at every single thing. South Park makes fun of everything. It's beyond words how extreme everything MUST be taken now. Either it's this or that. No middle, no humor. It's fucking sad. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ari333 said:

Some beloved celebs (like Tom) seem to really like Whoopi. It is puzzling.

She treats fellow celebrities with respect   - something she doesn''t do with her fellow panelists.

• Love 7