Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions Thread

potatoradio
Message added by Lady Calypso

Let's bring the discussion back to Unpopular Opinions about the show.  

• Start Topic

Wow, I broke my own record for "Earliest Eye-Roll."  I think it was even before the intro.   When the photographer made the comment that he was having trouble getting everyone's skin tones even for the family picture - I mean, who says that??!  Weren't they just getting a quick department store photo taken?  It's not as if they were sitting for a formal Christmas card picture.  Come on.

And I don't know if Randall could be any more of a judgmental jackass.  He knows better than the social worker (but when she put him in his place it was glorious). He knows more than Deja's mom.  He presumes to know everything.  He judges everyone on the surface without knowing or caring about the backstory.  He must be insufferable to live with.

I'm struggling to find a character to root for or empathize with on this show.  Maybe Sophie, because she slammed the door in Kevin's face.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm struggling to find a character to root for or empathize with on this show.  Maybe Sophie, because she slammed the door in Kevin's face.

For me, at the moment, Deja.  She seems to be settling in a little at the Pearsons, but she still has Randall breathing down her neck and clearly loves and misses her mother.  Most of the rest of the characters are so self-involved I want to punch them. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wow, I broke my own record for "Earliest Eye-Roll."  I think it was even before the intro.   When the photographer made the comment that he was having trouble getting everyone's skin tones even for the family picture - I mean, who says that??!  Weren't they just getting a quick department store photo taken?  It's not as if they were sitting for a formal Christmas card picture.  Come on.

I appreciated that they brought it up, since as the kids say "the struggle is real". However, the Baby Randall (and 10 yr old Randall) are lighter skinned than SKB, and IDK that there would have been that much of an issue. It did kind of feel like they found a Buzzfeed list of 15 Biggest Annoyances When You Are a Transracial Family and needed to throw it in somehow. 
I kind of hated Rebecca cutting out and pasting Randall into the family picture. It looked like he was an add-on, like who plopped this black baby in the middle of a white family? 

• Love 7

The scene with Randall and Deja's mom, all I could see was the odd coloration of SKB's lips.  It looked like they were extremely chapped, like blistered or something.  It was just the inside so I'm guessing they're always that color/texture but the lighting of the scene or something really highlighted it.  

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, ChromaKelly said:

I kind of hated Rebecca cutting out and pasting Randall into the family picture. It looked like he was an add-on, like who plopped this black baby in the middle of a white family? 

I'm glad you brought that up, because I thought I saw Rebecca going through the photos and while most of them had at least one crying baby, the last picture she looked at had all five Pearsons looking at the camera.  Why did she cut and paste Randall into a different photo?  Did I miss an anvil?

• Love 4

They had some photos where they looked good, and others where Randall looked good. She cut out his good picture and put it with their good picture so it would be pretty. Which, I know it was the eighties, and I get why dark and light skinned people would be either washed out or obscured by people’s personal cameras, but even then a professional photographer should’ve been able to layer one of Randall’s good shots into one of the others’ so it was professionally combined into one quality picture. 

• Love 7

My UO is I can't stand Deja's mom, especially after that dumb ass comment she made to Randall, "is your wife white?"  WTF woman, because NO black girl are EVER cheerleaders.  Someone please send the woman a copy of "Bring It On."  I believe they were cheerleaders in that movie.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My UO is I can't stand Deja's mom, especially after that dumb ass comment she made to Randall, "is your wife white?"  WTF woman, because NO black girl are EVER cheerleaders.  Someone please send the woman a copy of "Bring It On."  I believe they were cheerleaders in that movie.  

Deja's mom = not exposed to enough diversity.  It's kind of like Asian people eyerolling me because I take barre.  Is barre REALLY a "white girl thing?"  Not that that has happened (the only people who ask are older people who don't really know what barre is).

On 11/9/2017 at 5:44 AM, laurakaye said:

Actually, that' s a real thing.  I recently came across an article about it (and I'm googling frantically to find it...) where it talked about how, until recently--I think the advent of digital photography--it was very difficult to take a picture of people with different skin tones and have the color balance work out.  It has to do with the way film is made and the fact that it was designed to be "formulated," I guess, for caucasian coloring.

I'm completely butchering this, I know.  It was a case of me coming across an article on Facebook a few months ago, thinking it was interesting, and then forgetting about it until I saw this episode.

Okay, this is not the article I had read, but it is similar and explains things better than I obviously can...

Teaching The Camera To See My Skin

• Love 3

I think the '1950s level conservative Catholic mom' is lazy writing, for my dime.  Even my 'came from Italy' Catholic grandma who died 20 years ago rolled with the times.  I know someone here knows someone who would react like Toby said she would but since I don't and never have, it feels too TV-trope-ish to me.  It reminded me a little of the Danny and Annette Castellano mother/son relationship, though even Annette recognizes she lives in 2017 and premarital sex happens.  

6 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I think the '1950s level conservative Catholic mom' is lazy writing, for my dime.  Even my 'came from Italy' Catholic grandma who died 20 years ago rolled with the times.  I know someone here knows someone who would react like Toby said she would but since I don't and never have, it feels too TV-trope-ish to me.  It reminded me a little of the Danny and Annette Castellano mother/son relationship, though even Annette recognizes she lives in 2017 and premarital sex happens.  

Both my maternal grandparents came from Sicily and were Catholic; their children (my mother, aunts and uncles) were raised Catholic and so were my brother and I.  Throughout the decades, family members have done things against the religious teachings, but no one has been excommunicated from family or disowned or anything like that.  My mother sought a divorce :(, she was the first divorcee of the immediate family, like it or not, but we were always accepted.  Lots of premarital things and unplanned babies, all accepted after the initial shock wore off.  Some family members converted to another religion or lapsed into denominational, some had Catholic Church funerals, others did not.  I guess Toby in 2017 was just worried about the initial phone call revelation, but doesn't expect to be disowned or Kate treated badly.  P.S. Non-Catholics can marry in the Catholic Church to a Catholic even if they haven't converted if they agree to raise any children from the marriage as Catholic.  This was the case with my mother and father.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

P.S. Non-Catholics can marry in the Catholic Church to a Catholic even if they haven't converted if they agree to raise any children from the marriage as Catholic.  This was the case with my mother and father.

It is my understanding that the language today is even more lax.  A priest once explained they only ask the Catholic to do his/her best to raise children in the faith.  The non-Catholic is not required to agree to anything.

I found the strict Catholic mother writing lazy as well.  Maybe a grandmother.  Maybe.  His mother hanging up on him to call her priest?  Dumb and makes Catholics look ridiculous.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

It is my understanding that the language today is even more lax.  A priest once explained they only ask the Catholic to do his/her best to raise children in the faith.  The non-Catholic is not required to agree to anything.

I found the strict Catholic mother writing lazy as well.  Maybe a grandmother.  Maybe.  His mother hanging up on him to call her priest?  Dumb and makes Catholics look ridiculous.

That is a problem I have with a lot of TV making Catholics looking ridiculous.  There are so many Catholic tropes to choose from.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

That is a problem I have with a lot of TV making Catholics looking ridiculous.  There are so many Catholic tropes to choose from.

TV likes to make ANY religious group look ridiculous - at least that's what I've found.

• Love 2

Toby said she would be upset and he dreaded telling her.  He never said she would disown him.  I wouldn't be happy about it if my son (assuming I had one) got a divorce.  I wouldn't be happy about it if he were having sex outside of marriage.  Obviously I can do nothing about either of these things.  But, having been raised by a mother who wouldn't be happy about these things, I am assuming Toby knows that she wouldn't be happy, even if she didn't "go crazy."  

My sister told my mother to tell me that she was pregnant (she wasn't married).  When my mom told me I said that I had pretty much guessed, but why didn't she tell me herself.  My mom said she thought I would yell at her.  And I was like "why would I yell at her.  First of all, it's not like I didn't know she was having sex.  This is kind of the natural consequence.  SEcond, they're getting married, so they're doing the right thing.  And third, it's her life not mine.  She has to make her own decisions."  I mean, seriously, I don't think I've ever yelled at my sister.  OK, about hogging the bathroom and stuff when we were kids.  But, she knew my beliefs, and she was just assuming yelly actions would come from that.  It's probably the same thing with Toby.

• Love 2

He's 37ish and he's making major life decisions based on his mother's antiquated religious beliefs?   I hope they don't think that's part of his rom-com leading man charm.  Maybe for some it is, but I find that wimpy and unprincipled.  

17 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

's 37ish and he's making major life decisions based on his mother's antiquated religious beliefs?   

It didn' seem he was making major life decisions based on it. First it was Kate who suggested it and two they were already engaged.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It didn' seem he was making major life decisions based on it. First it was Kate who suggested it and two they were already engaged.

I don't watch that closely.  I figured the quickie marriage was because of mom's aversion to 'bastard children'.  Which to me is an antiquated concept.  

3 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't watch that closely.  I figured the quickie marriage was because of mom's aversion to 'bastard children'.  Which to me is an antiquated concept.  

They have been engaged since his heart attack but hadn't set a date. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They have been engaged since his heart attack but hadn't set a date. 

Oh, I know.  Didn't they change from wanting a real wedding (presumably post-baby) to the courtroom thing based on his mother's feelings?  Like I said, I don't watch closely, so I'm genuinely curious.

I did balk at the second proposal this ep because I remembered he'd proposed before.  I know this was a do-over for a lame original proposal, but I cringe at his 'look at me', rom-com antics so one proposal was enough for me.  

53 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Didn't they change from wanting a real wedding (presumably post-baby) to the courtroom thing based on his mother's feelings?  Like I said, I don't watch closely, so I'm genuinely curious.

They hadn't discussed anything about the wedding and then in the discussion about telling his mother Kate suggested they just get married now, neither seemed to have strong feelings either way and most definitely not making a life decision based on his mother's feelings since the hadn' even talked to her.

• Love 1

Kate technically proposed to Toby while he was in the hospital en route to surgery for his heart attack.  They went from there, being engaged with no date set and they weren't making wedding plans that we saw.  Once Kate found out she was pregnant and told Toby, it was their joint decision to get married ASAP I guess for the sake of the baby.  Then Toby officially proposed with the hoodies and Kate's existing engagement ring she was already wearing (he asked her for it and she took it off her finger and gave it to him) and Kate officially accepted.  Toby got nervous about giving his mother the news because it was unconventional and against her Catholic beliefs.

• Love 3

If Toby's mother really is a devout Catholic, would a quickie civil marriage before the baby comes make any difference to her? My understanding is that old-school Catholics only recognize church weddings. I grew up in northwest Germany, which is predominantly Catholic, and people always talked about church weddings as "real" weddings, whereas the civil weddings were just a formality. I knew some couples who were legally married and living together while putting off the church wedding, and their parents weren't happy because they considered it "living in sin."

• Love 2
On 11/6/2017 at 11:25 PM, Katekate said:

I’m shocked these writers think that’s cute or funny. I suspect many of them are failed comics projecting themselves onto Toby’s character.

Yup.  The show thinks that Toby is soooo wonderful, and puts him out there with the constant need to get a laugh, constant sex talk, and grand gestures because they think the viewers will then know he is soooo wonderful.  IMHO he's not, and they're ruining the character and making Kate's "attraction" to him unrealistic and unbelieveable. I'm always so happy when there's a Toby-light or Toby-free episode.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, PRgal said:

TV likes to make ANY religious group look ridiculous - at least that's what I've found.

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine.   Sheldon's fundamentalist Christian mother on "Big Bang,"  is very offensive in it's portrayal of Christians as racist and bigoted.  The mainstream, liberal Christian is never shown at all and the conservative side is exaggerated beyond belief.  My church is full of gay people, and people who volunteer hours and hours to food pantries and hospitals, and kind people who never have a critical word to say about anyone and we almost never see anyone like that on TV.  (Don't go by me, I'm just there to confess stuff.)

My husband's parents were old-school strict Catholics and they weren't best pleased at our Methodist wedding, or the fact that I was divorced with a child, but they were always nice enough to me.  What bothered them most was that I didn't give them any grandchildren. The 42 they had from their other 11 children weren't enough, I guess. 

I feel for Toby not wanting to make that initial phone call about Kate being pregnant, just because something becomes usual in regular society doesn't mean everyone has to approve of it.  His mother believes people should wait until they're married and that's her right.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine.   Sheldon's fundamentalist Christian mother on "Big Bang,"  is very offensive in it's portrayal of Christians as racist and bigoted.  The mainstream, liberal Christian is never shown at all and the conservative side is exaggerated beyond belief.  My church is full of gay people, and people who volunteer hours and hours to food pantries and hospitals, and kind people who never have a critical word to say about anyone and we almost never see anyone like that on TV.  (Don't go by me, I'm just there to confess stuff.)

My husband's parents were old-school strict Catholics and they weren't best pleased at our Methodist wedding, or the fact that I was divorced with a child, but they were always nice enough to me.  What bothered them most was that I didn't give them any grandchildren. The 42 they had from their other 11 children weren't enough, I guess. 

I feel for Toby not wanting to make that initial phone call about Kate being pregnant, just because something becomes usual in regular society doesn't mean everyone has to approve of it.  His mother believes people should wait until they're married and that's her right.

And how many baby boomer aged Catholics are super-old school anyway?  I mean, they lived through the 60s as YOUNG PEOPLE!  That's my issue with how they're portraying Toby's mom.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Agreed, I feel for him too, she doesn't have to approve and her beliefs are her right, but Toby is an adult and her beliefs are hers and they can't undo what's already done.  Better for her to take a position such as your in-laws and be happy that she will have a married son who will soon be a father.  Maybe she will be accepting, but I have a feeling this whole wedding is going to be played for laughs because a) it's Toby and b) the season has so far been pretty light on the humor. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

And how many baby boomer aged Catholics are super-old school anyway?  I mean, they lived through the 60s as YOUNG PEOPLE!  That's my issue with how they're portraying Toby's mom.  

The super-old school/Opus Dei Catholics I know are all in their 20s and early 30s.  The baby boomer ones (that I know) are the ones volunteering in the soup kitchens, with refugees, working on social justice issues.

5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine.   Sheldon's fundamentalist Christian mother on "Big Bang,"  is very offensive in it's portrayal of Christians as racist and bigoted.  The mainstream, liberal Christian is never shown at all and the conservative side is exaggerated beyond belief.  My church is full of gay people, and people who volunteer hours and hours to food pantries and hospitals, and kind people who never have a critical word to say about anyone and we

I could not love this more.  I'm a progressive Christian (currently attending a less than progressive Church, but that's a whole other issue) and the Christians I see on TV bear absolutely no resemblance to my life or the life of many Christians I know.  Now, I'm not saying that there aren't Christians who fit that stereotype--but in any religion/social group there are going to be all sort of people (and I'm related to many who do fall in that category *sigh*) and putting everyone in a very large group into one bucket does no one any favors.

I'm not Catholic, but it upsets me more when I see this done with Catholics, as they have done here, because it just is not accurate.  I get that it is easier to paint one denomination (Catholicism) with a broad stroke than it is to paint a gathering of thousands of non-denominational churches, but that still doesn't mean that it is right.  Even the very conservative Catholics that I know are very different from the "conservative Catholic" stereotype that shows up on TV.

• Love 4

I am a devout Catholic, but not conservative by any means.  A friend of mine who is also a priest said the angriest a parishioner got with him was when her teen age granddaughter was pregnant and she wanted her married.  He refused, saying he wouldn't force the girl into anything, much less a Catholic marriage.  That was twenty years ago and it was her grandmother who was upset.  Her parents appreciated him taking the heat because they didn't want to force her into a marriage either.  His bishop backed him fully.  Now have I heard a priest blast unwed parents?  Yes, but most I know just want the parents to make the best of a difficult situation and stay in the church family.

• Love 5
On 11/9/2017 at 11:11 AM, laurakaye said:
On 11/9/2017 at 9:19 AM, ChromaKelly said:

I'm glad you brought that up, because I thought I saw Rebecca going through the photos and while most of them had at least one crying baby, the last picture she looked at had all five Pearsons looking at the camera.  Why did she cut and paste Randall into a different photo?  Did I miss an anvil?

That was very odd.  They brought him home with her other two so he was there from day one.  Surely there were plenty of pics with the 3 of them!   A touch of drama?  Were they aiming for tears?  That entire scene was dumb.  We know they adopted him.  So they had a couple of hic cups in the process, eh who cares?  

• Love 4

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but it kind of annoys me that the Big Three trilogy ends with Randall. I wish they'd flipped the order and ended it with Kevin instead, so that we go into hiatus with a big Kevin episode. Randall's already had so many big episodes. But Kevin is somehow always the most underrated/unimportant Pearson, both on the show and for TPTB apparently too.

I like Randall, but this season his story doesn't work as well for me. I'm not saying Kevin's is that much better, but personally I'm much more invested and I wish it was used to let Kevin step out of the shadows of Randall and Jack for once.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 8

Could they BE anymore obvious with the order they are going in? I mean, it was never a secret but this just adds to it all. And seriously, how is anyone supposed to take seriously this poor Kevin was ignored by his parents stuff when TPTB don't really care about the character? He is THAT character. So common on soaps. Justin has been on soaps so I wonder if he knows he's THAT character....*snort*

• Love 1
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

If Toby's mother really is a devout Catholic, would a quickie civil marriage before the baby comes make any difference to her? My understanding is that old-school Catholics only recognize church weddings. I grew up in northwest Germany, which is predominantly Catholic, and people always talked about church weddings as "real" weddings, whereas the civil weddings were just a formality. I knew some couples who were legally married and living together while putting off the church wedding, and their parents weren't happy because they considered it "living in sin."

You are correct in what many old-school Catholics believed or still believe.  IMHO since marriage is a legal contract binding by law, no one has any business picking and choosing who they deem are really married or not.  If you have a Certificate of Marriage from any civil means, and no fraud has been committed, you are married.  This is the same thinking that some people of a certain religion believe people only of that religion will go to Heaven and everyone else goes to Hell.  At this point, Toby would be far better off just telling his mother nicely of his news and plans and let her deal with her own craziness, and stay out of it, which I think he will do.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Since Toby is divorced, he wouldn't be able to have a (Catholic) church wedding anyway.  Another no-no to his mom.  

So true!  Unless his first marriage was not in the Catholic Church, which would not count to the Catholic mom and AFAIK, the Church as well.  Don't quote me on that though.  Things change, slowly but they do.

I thought Rebecca cut and paste the pictures because of the whole light/exposure issue.  When Randall looked good, they looked washed out.  Jack and she told the photographer that they had to deal with it all the time.  I assumed they typically pasted the good photo of Randall onto the good photo of them.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

You are correct in what many old-school Catholics believed or still believe.  IMHO since marriage is a legal contract binding by law, no one has any business picking and choosing who they deem are really married or not.  If you have a Certificate of Marriage from any civil means, and no fraud has been committed, you are married.  This is the same thinking that some people of a certain religion believe people only of that religion will go to Heaven and everyone else goes to Hell.  At this point, Toby would be far better off just telling his mother nicely of his news and plans and let her deal with her own craziness, and stay out of it, which I think he will do.

Completely agree with you. I was just saying that because the "let's have a quickie courthouse marriage to appease the devout Catholic mother" plot didn't make any sense if my understanding about what is considered a "real" Catholic marriage was correct. I'm 99.9% sure the plot was written by someone who doesn't know much about Catholicism.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Completely agree with you. I was just saying that because the "let's have a quickie courthouse marriage to appease the devout Catholic mother" plot didn't make any sense if my understanding about what is considered a "real" Catholic marriage was correct. I'm 99.9% sure the plot was written by someone who doesn't know much about Catholicism.

I'm with you on that.  Holy Matrimony is one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church.  Then there's that whole annulment thing if you want to be married in the CC again if you were previously married in the Church.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Neurochick said:

I explained this in the episode thread. Her comment wasn't about cheerleading at all IMO.

Anyway,

My UO is that Madison needs to leave Kate's group.  I know I am in the minority, but I cheered when Kate went off on Madison in the meeting.  Her very presence is offensive to the other people, and I wonder why she doesn't have enough self-awareness to understand that. There is a reason that not one person jumped to Madison's defense.

8 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I'm NOT surprised.  The stereotypical Catholic family with 5+ kids is very rare now - it was very rare when *I* was growing up.  I know only ONE family with more than three kids and I was BFF with the second oldest.  I would roll my eyes if ANY Catholic character on a (non-period) TV show/movie under the age of 45 says he/she is one of eight because it's lazy writing.  If this were ANY OTHER religion, people would be up in arms and writers would have to apologize. 

The thing that is going to turn me off of this show is the interviews and press the actors and show runner gives. Calm down team! You aren't the first beloved drama ever created...you certainly won't be the last.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Bean421 said:

The thing that is going to turn me off of this show is the interviews and press the actors and show runner gives. Calm down team! You aren't the first beloved drama ever created...you certainly won't be the last.

I'm already turned off by this and choose to ignore it the best I can.

• Love 6
On 11/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, HeyThere83 said:

Could they BE anymore obvious with the order they are going in? I mean, it was never a secret but this just adds to it all. And seriously, how is anyone supposed to take seriously this poor Kevin was ignored by his parents stuff when TPTB don't really care about the character? He is THAT character. So common on soaps. Justin has been on soaps so I wonder if he knows he's THAT character....*snort*

But it does call back to the big 3 chant. First came Kevin, then came Kate, and finally came Randall.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bean421 said:

It is BEYOND OTT. So much of what I'm reading tonight is particularly embarrassing.

• Love 3

This Kevin episode felt to me like one of those after-school specials that those of you of a certain age might remember.  It wasn't Helen Hunt-jumping-out-of-a-high school-window level of bad:), but it was up there for me. 

I also know that I'm likely going to dislike the next two episodes, because it feels like they are setting up a trilogy of tragedy porn.  And that's where my probably cold dark heart diverges from this show the most......they are going to try to pull every string to make sure the audience sobs...and that's when I say "nope, I see your strings" and get irritated at the show all over again.  And to be honest, I'm not looking forward to "Randall is just the best character" after part 3 that I know is going to happen.

Time will tell, I guess. Also probably [past] time to get my cranky ass to bed:)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HeyThere83 said:

It is BEYOND OTT. So much of what I'm reading tonight is particularly embarrassing.

Agreed. As a hardcore Kevin fan, I was looking forward to this episode like never before. But as soon as the OTT twitter praise started, I knew I needed to take a step back as not to set myself up for disappointment. It's just too much.

I liked the episode, not my fav exactly, but good. I thought Justin was good too. He didn't sell me on every scene, but I did find him great in some. However, the episode was not THAT amazing, Justin was not THAT amazing. Frankly, I don't think it's humanly possible to be that great to warrant this amount of gushing.

On the one hand I think it's nice the cast, crew and TPTB are so supportive of each other, especially of the actors, but OTOH I wish they would turn it down a notch. Or ten.

28 minutes ago, pennben said:

I also know that I'm likely going to dislike the next two episodes, because it feels like they are setting up a trilogy of tragedy porn.  And that's where my probably cold dark heart diverges from this show the most......they are going to try to pull every string to make sure the audience sobs...and that's when I say "nope, I see your strings" and get irritated at the show all over again.  And to be honest, I'm not looking forward to "Randall is just the best character" after part 3 that I know is going to happen.

Time will tell, I guess. Also probably [past] time to get my cranky ass to bed:)

I agree. Especially about the Randall parts. I like the character, but the OTT Randall glorification in the writing needs to stop already. It makes me like him less.

Also I can't believe they're apparently bringing William back again for his episode. I liked him a lot in s1, but like with so many other things on this show, they're overdoing it.

• Love 1