Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

7 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

*snorts* Look who 'won' the election. Apparently, experience was not a prerequisite this year.

I'm black, so I'mma just go ahead and say it: it's got 'urban' in the title + Tubby mentioned cleaning up the 'inner cities' = Tubby thinks he put Carson in charge of 'black stuff', and that damn fool bit. Fuck you, Ben, with your dumb ass, and here's your sign. Educated fool, indeed.

ETA: Merde! Somebody throw Dobby a sock. How Ben Carson at Housing Could Undo a Desegregation Effort

Thank you for saying that.  I'm Black also, and the first thought I had when I heard about this was that HUD is the dumping ground for any Black politician that a president wants to appoint to "something" to give the appearance that he is being diverse.  I remember the story about how President Reagan forgot who his HUD secretary was (Samuel Pierce) and actually called him Mr. Mayor once when greeting him at a mayors' conference.  The guy had such a low profile, but unfortunately, he was enmeshed in a lot of scandal.  Many of Pierce's aides and confidants were charged and convicted on felony charges of political favoritism and inappropriate expenditures.  The only difference between Dr. Carson and Pierce is that Pierce at least had some political experience.

Raise your hand if you don't see this going well.

• Love 10

I foresee Dobby being a straight-up house servant to Tubby and all his developer friends. I support responsible urban renewal and planned affordable housing, but Tubby Rump and pals are going to make a mint through unbridled gentrification. We all know what happens after that.

Edited by bittersweet4149
spelling
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Padma said:

Loyalty to him personally is the common thread among almost all of Tubby's appointments so far. (I wonder if those who weren't loyal --Haley, eg--have been required to signi NDAs pledging loyalty now).

I wonder if anyone, especially any lawyers, know what the deal will be with Trump's NDAs.  They are incredibly strict--basically no one who works with him (even campaign volunteers) can ever, in their lifetime, say anything negative about Tubby, his company or his family, his extended families and their businesses. KAC, Bannon, Lewandowsk--all of them  have signed already.

But what about his Cabinet and WH staff? What about the civil servants he'll soon (sob) have working for/with him?  You know that he will want everyone to sign but do they have protection legally to refuse? Would people refuse or would they be too afraid to? 

I think he should not be allowed to ask for govt employees to give up their freedom of speech to work in the WH, but I'm not sure what the legal standing of it is. 

I would love to know what kind of penalties would come into play if someone chose to violate a NDA. If it meant saving your soul for example. I would gladly chip in toward a fine.

• Love 2

Ben Carson used to live in government subsidized housing so that qualifies him to be Secretary of HUD? Last summer I planted two hydrangeas; can I be Fondle Rump's Secretary of Agriculture? 

• Love 11

More about DeVos, she's a REAL winner.

She's against literacy.

Source: fox2detroit.com

And she supports a group that doesn't mind children working (either way they try to spin it, it's still NOT a good thing).

One article here. That also brings up this article, which is the group that DeVos is tied into.

Source(s): democraticunderground.com and blog.acton.org

And here's an article via Huffington Post mentioning about it as well.

Source: huffingtonpost.com

I'm beyond disgusted.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Ben Carson used to live in government subsidized housing so that qualifies him to be Secretary of HUD? Last summer I planted two hydrangeas; can I be Fondle Rump's Secretary of Agriculture? 

I went to public school and I also teach religious education at my church. Can I be Secretary of Education?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

I like to shop can I be Secretary of Commerce?

I have an herb garden on my window sill. Can I be Secretary of Agriculture?

I've helped plant urban gardens and help clean up the Milwaukee River for Earth Day. Can I be Secretary of the Interior?

I have a driver's license and I take public transportation. Can I be Secretary of Transportation?

Gee, we could be here all night.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

I have an herb garden on my window sill. Can I be Secretary of Agriculture?

I've helped plant urban gardens and help clean up the Milwaukee River for Earth Day. Can I be Secretary of the Interior?

I have a driver's license and I take public transportation. Can I be Secretary of Transportation?

Gee, we could be here all night.

Last one

I'm very judgemental ,  can I be a Supreme Court Justice ?

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

She's against literacy.

And she supports a group that doesn't mind children working (either way they try to spin it, it's still NOT a good thing).

One article here. That also brings up this article, which is the group that DeVos is tied into.

Source(s): democraticunderground.com and blog.acton.org

And here's an article via Huffington Post mentioning about it as well.

Source: huffingtonpost.com

I'm beyond disgusted.

It's along the lines of what Newt Gingrich once suggested, i.e. poor children should do work as school janitors because according to him, they have no work skills and it would teach them the value of work.  Of course, he made these comments before a South Carolina audience, whom applauded his remarks.  Folks, we are about to enter another gilded age in which the super rich don't care about child labor laws, particularly when applied to poor children.  Even Paul Ryan has an aversion to providing free lunches to children.  According to this fucker, free school lunches give children a full stomach--and an empty soul.  Soulless Ryan's Commentary of Free Lunches

What manner of "man" is this?  This, coming from a soulless borg who staged a photo-op with him and his homely wife, along with their kids, at a soup kitchen (to which they weren't invited) back in 2012 to "clean" already cleaned pots and pans.  The charity's president was disgusted (as am I) and stated that the charity was a faith-based organization and was apolitical.  He made it very clear that Ryan "did nothing.  He just came here to get his picture taken at the dining hall."

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time especially for an opportunist like Lyin' Ryan.  These people have absolutely no shame whatsoever.  Their only qualifications for the positions to which they are being nominated is loyalty to Coral Caligula and giving him lavish tongue baths, as well as financial support.  Who's next?  Linda and Vince McMahon?

And, what about my credentials for a cabinet position?  I go home and lock my condo doors every evening and I make sure that I don't lose my key fob to gain entry into the fitness center in the lower level of my building, as well as the laundry room.  Said fob also allows me entry into the building.  As an added bonus, I have sense enough to know that "safe sex" means that we lock the door before doing it.  Accordingly, I am more than qualified to be Secretary of Homeland Security.  How about it, Caligula?

• Love 8

She's against literacy.

Just to clarify, how was DeVos involved in that situation? But regardless, gross. What's the point of school if you don't create an environment where at the very least, the students are literate? Kids learn to read by what... first or second grade? It is crazy to me that there are high school and college age kids who still have reading issues.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Just to clarify, how was DeVos involved in that situation? But regardless, gross. What's the point of school if you don't create an environment where at the very least, the students are literate? Kids learn to read by what... first or second grade? It is crazy to me that there are high school and college age kids who still have reading issues.

Since she works for charter schools. They don't want kids to learn, except for what they want them to learn. She may have not have been directly involved, but it's not a good thing.

A bit more.

Source: freep.com

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DollEyes said:

I had a piggy bank. Can I be Secretary Of the Treasury?

No. For that one you have to be a billionaire who bought a bank expressly for the purpose of screwing people out of their homes during the financial crisis. C'mon!  Trump has some qualifications for entry into his swamp!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Padma said:

No. For that one you have to be a billionaire who bought a bank expressly for the purpose of screwing people out of their homes during the financial crisis. C'mon!  Trump has some qualifications for entry into his swamp!

Well, my little 8-year-old nephew would more than qualify for the job as Secretary of the Treasury.  He beat the pants off all of us adults in Monopoly over the Thanksgiving holiday.  His parents figured it's a great way for him to learn math, and we were astounded watching the kid wheel and deal his way around the Monopoly board.  He even bragged he was "invincible" and "like Donald Trump!"  His father scolded him by saying, "We don't talk about Donald Trump in this house!"  But, you know how 8-year-old kids are.  Stuff just goes in one ear and out the other and he kept it up.  

That's when the kid gloves came off [no pun intended].  Every time his little ass landed in jail, we reminded him (our little mini-Mr. Trump) about the fraud cases and teased him that he couldn't buy his way out this time.  We managed to get in some other little zingers at his expense, but it was all in good fun.  The kid had no shame in bankrupting everyone at the table.

So...yes...he would more than qualify for that position.  After all, a lot of Drumpf's people aren't smarter than a 3rd grader.

• Love 7

I've watched a lot of Law & Order. Can I be Attorney General? 

I try to drink tap water and sometimes I go outside to the park to walk my dog. Can I be Secretary of the Interior?

Also, I told my mom some of your amazing jokes and she said 'people like that live in their parents' basements and don't have jobs.' So... that's our level of discourse. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Also, I told my mom some of your amazing jokes and she said 'people like that live in their parents' basements and don't have jobs.' So... that's our level of discourse. 

I may have worked in my pajamas the past couple of days, but I do have a job, and I definitely don't live in my parent's basement! ;-)

• Love 3

I'm currently coordinating curricula for a global patient safety team covering the Americas, Europe, Russia, the Asia/Pacific region, and parts of the Middle East. Organizing meetings and getting regional management to agree and sign off on the core training requirements was a pain, but I got it done. Next up - obtaining approvals for individual roles.

Can I be Secretary of State?

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

@aradia22 - tell your Mum that I live on my own, pay a mortgage, maintenance on my co-op, various bills and have worked solidly for the past 29 years.  Also: did she at least laugh at one of them?

1 hour ago, bittersweet4149 said:

I'm currently coordinating curricula for a global patient safety team covering the Americas, Europe, Russia, the Asia/Pacific region, and parts of the Middle East. Organizing meetings and getting regional management to agree and sign off on the core training requirements was a pain, but I got it done. Next up - obtaining approvals for individual roles.

No. You need to have given your mistress secret info to qualify for SoS.

• Love 5

Well, well, well... the Koch's are happy with Drumpf now. They really like his cabinet picks so far.

One

Source: theguardian.com

And he's bringing someone in who works with the Koch's green energy wise, meaning huge roll backs in that area and the like.

Here

Source: latimes.com

2 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

No!

You are being way too helpful.

• Love 1

What amazes me is that some of his picks were never on my radar.  Not of a DrumpfIstNeuHitler regime but simply of a far right Republican administration.  But even the ones that came of out nowhere for me, with a little look at their CV, check all the boxes for "one of the worst choices ever".  I've been trying to think who would be even worse than the picks so far and the strongly hinted as being possible.  Fiorina in Treasury?  Cruz as AG?  Kasich as AG? (which is worse, the rabid loon with visible foam at the corners of his mouth, or the one that lies quiet and waits until your guard is down and even thumps his tail on the floor as if friendly?).  Palin at State of course, but there was no way that the Rotten Dumpling in Orange Sauce was ever going to let her get into a public position that would possibly let her get attention at his expense.  Birds of a feather sometimes do not flock well together even if for a short time for mutual benefit they manage to be chummy.  She would make the perfect scapegoat though.  She would be inept at whatever she did and easily be sacrificed to public outrage.  And on the other side, she has been desperate to play national victim again for years.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, fastiller said:

@aradia22 - tell your Mum that I live on my own, pay a mortgage, maintenance on my co-op, various bills and have worked solidly for the past 29 years.  Also: did she at least laugh at one of them?

No. You need to have given your mistress secret info to qualify for SoS.

I'm a woman, and the boyfriend gets no classified info. We work in the same industry, and don't talk specifics about our employers.

Party affiliation aside, I have a lot in common with a former SoS. That shit worked for the Roosevelts, so I'll utilize it, too. 

3 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Well, well, well... the Koch's are happy with Drumpf now. They really like his cabinet picks so far.

One

Source: theguardian.com

The Koch's are the devil and his even more evil brother. We are so screwed.

4 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

You are being way too helpful.

Sad panda. :(

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bittersweet4149 said:

I'm a woman, and the boyfriend gets no classified info. We work in the same industry, and don't talk specifics about our employers.

Party affiliation aside, I have a lot in common with a former SoS. That shit worked for the Roosevelts, so I'll utilize it, too. 

Yep. They've got their hands into far too many pots/interests. They're very scary. Only thing that made me laugh was seeing a museum wing named after David Koch, a dinosaur one (it was via watching an episode of Mysteries at the Museum). It's too bad that they're not the ones that are extinct (the Kochs, that is). I heard that the La Brea tar pits has openings left to be filled ;).

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Thanks for giving me a much needed laugh at that description .  Until my laughter turned into cries of anguish on what has been wrought upon the world . 

I swear if he could bring Hitler back to life he would put him in charge of the Holocaust museum that's how truly fucked up these appointments are.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

These appointments really are a who's who of incredibly unqualified people. 

I'm foreign,  can I be SoS? I realize this will take me out of the line of succession but I'll learn to deal. 

Why not? We're all SoL. 

Oh wait. SoS? Are you a rich old white man? You're in!

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

These appointments really are a who's who of incredibly unqualified people. 

I'm foreign,  can I be SoS? I realize this will take me out of the line of succession but I'll learn to deal. 

*gives @galaxygirl76 the side eye, begins plotting faux news campaign against her candidacy*

Switching gears. Did y'all see this shit about Rump's candidate to head up the EPA? YMMV, but I'm starting to believe (or at least hope) the outlandish cabinet choices are his way of trying to force Congress to declare him unfit to govern.

• Love 2

I went to a high school that had a corn field behind the football and a college that has an experimental corn plot.  Does that plus the summer job detassling corn qualify me for Secretary of Agriculture? 

My sister works in the public health field.  That qualifies her for Surgeon General.

I'm a librarian and there's a USAJOBS.gov posting for a reference librarian for the executive branch.  Some of the replies in a facebook group were sarcastic about how it would be an easy four years for that person.  Others were expressing concern about who would take the job. 

• Love 3

When you're all stating your cases for a position in the Trump administration, you're only addressing the first requirement -- your near-total lack of qualifications for the job.  You also need to make clear you meet the second prong of the test -- you must drip with contempt for - and thus desire to completely dismantle and privatize - the services provided by the department you'd be overseeing (above and beyond your basic, ideological hatred of the federal government in general).  Then, and only then, will you be put in the "maybe" pile (at which point the son-in-law will check to make sure you've given enough money and/or public praise).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

When you're all stating your cases for a position in the Trump administration, you're only addressing the first requirement -- your near-total lack of qualifications for the job.  You also need to make clear you meet the second prong of the test -- you must drip with contempt for - and thus desire to completely dismantle and privatize - the services provided by the department you'd be overseeing (above and beyond your basic, ideological hatred of the federal government in general).  Then, and only then, will you be put in the "maybe" pile (at which point the son-in-law will check to make sure you've given enough money and/or public praise).

Party pooper. ;)

• Love 2

Also: did she at least laugh at one of them?

Nope. But she does laugh at Trump jokes sometimes. And she likes jokes about everybody and their dogs being floated as Secretary of State so I haven't lost hope. 

Yep. They've got their hands into far too many pots/interests. They're very scary. Only thing that made me laugh was seeing a museum wing named after David Koch, a dinosaur one (it was via watching an episode of Mysteries at the Museum). It's too bad that they're not the ones that are extinct (the Kochs, that is). I heard that the La Brea tar pits has openings left to be filled ;).

I live in NY. They've got their names on a lot of things so I guess they have that in common with Trumplethinskin. But unlike him, they're actually giving money and giving money to support the arts. Not that I like them. 

This is a fun joke and all but I'm not sure this isn't how Trumplethinskin is going about picking his cabinet. So, Mr. X, what topics do you know something about. Uh huh. Maybe you could have Job Y. Tell me again how great I am. OK, we'll be in touch. Omarosa will see you out. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Have you read this: COVERT OPERATIONS: The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama?  It's from August of 2010.

And there's this, more recent article: NEW KOCH: The billionaire brothers are championing criminal-justice reform. Has their formula changed?, from January of 2016.

Apparently Jane Mayer - the author of both pieces - had Private Investigators following her and had her garbage gone through.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

What are your guys thoughts on the new hire for Small Business Administrator?

Source: cnn.com

My initial thoughts?  I can't believe I joked about this just the other day; it's like some Onion or SNL sketch or something.  That silly bitch finally managed to buy herself a position in Washington after two failed attempts at buying herself a Senate seat.  And, all it took was for her and Vince to donate several million dollars to Drumpf's "foundation."  Nothing speaks qualified for the job better than the pay-to-play culture that Drumpf is happily cultivating, with no push back whatsoever.  "But, crooked Hillary!"  "But, Benghazi!"  "But, those damned emails!"

Since this is the way Drumpf wants to roll, I checked my own credentials and am excited to submit my resume.  Although I've never given birth, I was in the delivery room taking pictures when my best friend had her son after hours of intense labor.  I've watched women give birth on numerous TV shows, including All My Children, where the legendary Erica Kane gave birth to Bianca in full makeup.  

Therefore, I am qualified to be the Secretary of Labor.  My other qualifications:  after watching Gone With the Wind, when the gig is up and my fraud is exposed, I can shriek and dance around and declare, "Lawdsy me, Mista Donald!  I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!  I don't know why I tells such a lie!"  

Although I didn't master in Yassa, Boss 101, I'm a quick study and I can check my pride and dignity at the door like so many other Drumpf picks.  So, do I get the job, Drumpf, or don't I?

• Love 14
On 12/8/2016 at 9:55 AM, MulletorHater said:

My initial thoughts?  I can't believe I joked about this just the other day; it's like some Onion or SNL sketch or something.  That silly bitch finally managed to buy herself a position in Washington after two failed attempts at buying herself a Senate seat.  And, all it took was for her and Vince to donate several million dollars to Drumpf's "foundation."  Nothing speaks qualified for the job better than the pay-to-play culture that Drumpf is happily cultivating, with no push back whatsoever.  "But, crooked Hillary!"  "But, Benghazi!"  "But, those damned emails!"

Since this is the way Drumpf wants to roll, I checked my own credentials and am excited to submit my resume.  Although I've never given birth, I was in the delivery room taking pictures when my best friend had her son after hours of intense labor.  I've watched women give birth on numerous TV shows, including All My Children, where the legendary Erica Kane gave birth to Bianca in full makeup.  

Therefore, I am qualified to be the Secretary of Labor.  My other qualifications:  after watching Gone With the Wind, when the gig is up and my fraud is exposed, I can shriek and dance around and declare, "Lawdsy me, Mista Donald!  I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!  I don't know why I tells such a lie!"  

Although I didn't master in Yassa, Boss 101, I'm a quick study and I can check my pride and dignity at the door like so many other Drumpf picks.  So, do I get the job, Drumpf, or don't I?

This whole post is funny.  

On the first bolded part: was Bianca in full makeup? (I kid!)

On the second bolded part: this assumes these people had any dignity in the first place.  (I most certainly do not kid!)

Edited by fastiller
  • Love 3