Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

New evidence that Corrupt Trump Foundation is Corrupt.

A lot of this would not have come to light, but for WaPo's David Fahrenthold's dogged reporting over the last several months of Trump's charitable giving, which, as it unsurprisingly turns out, is mostly non-existent. If he hadn't exposed what a sham Trump and his foundation are, prompting NY state to investigate (and likely the IRS as well, although they've declined to comment on whether an investigation is underway), how long would it have been before Donald took his charity from being his own personal wallet into it being a full-blown money laundering operation? I'll be very surprised if Fahrenthold doesn't get a Pulitzer next year.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Maybe he will ask if they can send that "hot piece of ass" Kate Middleton instead.

Just wait till he goes on a Twitter rant because a magazine said Kate Middleton was more beautiful than Ivanka and Melania.

New evidence that Corrupt Trump Foundation is Corrupt.

Boy, he's just racking up the impeachable offenses isn't he?  He won't make it out of his first year.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Just wait till he goes on a Twitter rant because a magazine said Kate Middleton was more beautiful than Ivanka and Melania.

The failing US Weekly said Kate Middleton had "bangin'est beach bod." They never saw my sexy daughter in a two-piece! APOLOGIZE!

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, ari333 said:

What? The queen of England is not "young" and will not be half or totally nehkid. So he'll send someone else. Watch.

Also,who wants to make a bet on when he starts beheading people a la ISIS who do not airbrush his fat face to his liking.

Judging by his home decor, he completely covets the life of royalty.  He won't be able to resist establishing a connection to the Royal Family, no matter how old the Queen is.  Besides, he saw those pictures from the last Obama visit with William and Kate.  He's just dying to get a shot to work his "charms" on Kate.  I hope she finds a reason to not be in his presence during the visit.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Judging by his home decor, he is completely covets the life of royalty.  He won't be able to resist establishing a connection to the Royal Family, no matter how old the Queen is.  Besides, he saw those pictures from the last Obama visit with William and Kate.  He's just dying to get a shot to work his "charms" on Kate.  I hope she finds a reason to not be in his presence during the visit.  

I just really hope that the Queen makes him greet her while she is sitting on her actual throne - not the gold spray painted piece of shit furniture that Donald is so fond of. I hope she makes him bow and follow all the proper protocol and I hope her people send a note stating that he will be expected to follow all proper protocol when meeting the Queen and that if he does not, he will be removed and the Queen will not meet with him/continue to meet with him. I also hope they definitely don't spell out the proper protocol for him so he will more than likely fuck it up in someway, shape or form. His vocabulary and manner of speaking is offensive enough.

• Love 19

Ok , I'll say it. I'm torn. I cant decide if I'd love it so much that rump gets booted out of office soon....or... My thought is... that will leave us with evil Pence.  However, maybe he would screw it up too which would leave us with? Speaker of the House? And who will that be? I'm not a politics expert by any means, but I am kind of leaning toward hoping rump gets ousted for his crimes.... and thoroughly humiliated.  I guess our seeing rump ousted for crimes would be so wonderful, I'm in denial that that would then leave us with Pence.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ok , I'll say it. I'm torn. I cant decide if I'd love it so much that rump gets booted out of office soon....or... My thought is... that will leave us with evil Pence.  However, maybe he would screw it up too which would leave us with? Speaker of the House? And who will that be? I'm not a politics expert by any means, but I am kind of leaning toward hoping rump gets ousted for his crimes.... and thoroughly humiliated.  I guess our seeing rump ousted for crimes would be so wonderful, I'm in denial that that would then leave us with Pence.

As bad as Pence is, I don't fear him getting the United States into World War 3 over something mean that was said about him, and I don't think he's in the pocket of Putin nearly as much as Trump looks to be.  He's actually acted presidential so far, and I don't see him trying to become a dictator.  It will be a lot easier to fix the mistakes of Pence than it would be to fix the mistakes of Trump.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 16

I'm starting to think the show Designated Survivor is oddly prescient. Because we apparently had no better options, a guy who is totally unqualified finds himself the President of the USA, and hijinks ensue. Although at least in Designated Survivor, the new president seems to have some idea of how government works. Trump is more like if Designated Survivor were written by the Wayans brothers.

(and if you're thinking "but the Trump situation isn't funny," neither are the Wayans brothers.)

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, ari333 said:

It's a tough call between letting him wreak all the havoc he probably will for four years, to actually propel people to finally vote the appalling GOP out of all power, or plumping for the less dangerous establishment Republicanism of Pence or Ryan, and settling the country down.

As for the Farage for ambassador thing? Another twitter smokescreen to distract from the fact that Farage's UKIP party are being investigated for illegal use of party donations by the Electoral Commission. They reportedly used money from a European Parliament group to fund Nigel Farage's failed bid to become an MP last year.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Jediknight said:

As bad as Pence is, I don't fear him getting the United States into World War 3 over something mean that was said about him.  He's actually acted presidential so far, and I don't see him trying to become a dictator.  It will be a lot easier to fix the mistakes of Pence than it would be to fix the mistakes of Trump.

I also think that, should Trump be ousted, Pence and other Republicans would be basically put on notice and likely be on their best behavior - at least for a while. Otherwise they risk continuing to damage the party beyond repair and they couldn't risk anymore screw-ups if they hope to have a Republican President again in the next several decades.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Pence constantly lied (with a straight face) as he minimized or denied his issues with Trump, so I don't trust him. He relies on talking points like a robot. On the plus-side: Pence isn't rash (as Jediknight noted). He also has the ability to read stacks of political briefs and to comprehend what he's reading.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 9

I feel like President Obama is being too calm about all this. I know he's just doing his job and being his usual professional, classy self, but I wonder what his real thoughts in all this are?

Is he really accepting that Trump will be the new president and just trying to make the best of a bad situation? Or is he actively trying to get everyone out of this mess?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, inkworks said:

I feel like President Obama is being too calm about all this. I know he's just doing his job and being his usual professional, classy self, but I wonder what his real thoughts in all this are?

Is he really accepting that Trump will be the new president and just trying to make the best of a bad situation? Or is he actively trying to get everyone out of this mess?

What else can he do?  As I see it, he really has no choice.

He is actively trying to steer the ship, though - away from the Republican gerrymandering that has given us an almost guaranteed permanent Republican majority in the House.  I think he has 2020 more in his sights than today.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

What else can he do?  As I see it, he really has no choice.

He is actively trying to steer the ship, though - away from the Republican gerrymandering that has given us an almost guaranteed permanent Republican majority in the House.  I think he has 2020 more in his sights than today.

I think it's been hinted at that, once he's officially finished his term, the gloves will come off to some extent and he will be in a better position to be more outspoken and help the Democratic Party. I think right now he is just biding his time, but he isn't just going to turn his back on the Country and the Democrats when he knows we need him now more than ever. He is a very popular President, and he can speak his mind without it coming across as childish or belittling (the way Trump comes across) because he uses facts, his diplomatic ability, and his overall talent as a speaker. I don't think he will just fade away on January 20th. While he may take a bit of a break (who could blame him), I expect him to still very much be a voice against Trump and everything he stands for and to continue to support the Dems.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, inkworks said:

Bloomberg News reported that Obama is reconsidering his retirement from politics so he can defend his legacy, but it isn't considered a good look for an ex-Prez to not give a new leader a chance, especially before the first 100 days. He was also planning to write a book, which can have more of a lasting effect than a criticism campaign. Maybe he can do both. He'll also get behind whoever runs against T/P next. (I think the buzz of the next T/P opponent will emerge during the midterm elections and it won't be one of the names currently being considered.)

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 13

Bwaah, it's horrifying but I cannot stop laughing at that article on him meeting with the press, I can't stop laughing. I saw the writer of that piece on Rachel Maddow last night and I was giggling while shaking my head then. But to read it in detail, WOW. Christ on a cracker he is insane!

And Rachel Maddow was pointing to Pence's reaction to the cast of Hamilton as something that Trump could use as an example on how to respond to criticism. At that poinf I busted out laughing again thinking about the dog house that compliment would put Mike Pence as he is to Never upstage "The Fuhrer."

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

As bad as Pence is, I don't fear him getting the United States into World War 3 over something mean that was said about him, and I don't think he's in the pocket of Putin nearly as much as Trump looks to be.  He's actually acted presidential so far, and I don't see him trying to become a dictator.  It will be a lot easier to fix the mistakes of Pence than it would be to fix the mistakes of Trump.

This is my feeling about it. Pence is awful, but he's a standard Republican candidate. He doesn't have Trump's base ready to go out and fight for him. He doesn't have the independent power Trump has to tell everyone to go fuck themselves. He wouldn't be robbing the country to funnel money to himself while also enacting his terrible policies. And he's not so easy to manipulate.

Most importantly, him being the president would just say to the people who wanted Trump "the outsider" that "the system" had won. Pence would be a symbol of how their beloved leader was kicked out. They wouldn't be excited to come out and vote for Pence, who many probably don't even know anyway.

• Love 12

Yes, while Pence is a menace in his own right, at least I would not be mortally embarrassed having him represent the country. 

On a completely different subject, I've been thinking about Inauguration Days of the past where the recently sworn-in president exits his car and walks down Pennsylvania Avenue waving at people. Traditionally, it's like 1 degree that day and I've been wondering whether our nation's most delicate flower will take that walk. I can't imagine him doing it for fear of his candy cane spun combover coming undone. And the even more delicate First Lady will probably get lost since there is no Barneys or Saks stores on that stretch of road. My money's on no way. Then again, I made arrangements to take a vacation and get the hell out of the US while the abomination goes down. I'll read about it at some point, I guess -- but rather that than be on US soil on the day everything goes to shit. 

3 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Trumplethinskin has apparently cancelled the NY Times meeting because they "changed the terms and conditions". This - according to his tweet - is apparently not nice. 

I now have an online subscription to the NYT.

As the fine print on the screenshot shows, it's that "off the record" business that was the sticking point.  Good for the NYT, and Fail! to everyone who showed up yesterday and agreed they wouldn't say anything.  You're supposed to be fucking REPORTERS, not "anonymous sources."

DT's prime directive is making sure there's no "record," except what he chooses.  That's what all his non-disclosure contracts are about.  It explains why he wouldn't release his tax returns or any of HRC's supposedly criminal emails and why he never ever leaves an email trail himself.  That's why he doesn't hold press conferences, why he dodges the press pool and the press is constantly shut out of official state business.  (I.e.  No one knows Ivanka and Jared met with the Japanese Prime minister until we see a fuzzy cell phone pic from Japan; someone has to spot an item in an Argentine newspaper to learn about that.)    And that's why the Press Room at the WH is going to have a few handpicked reporters, who better not ever write an unauthorized word or they'll have that pass rescinded.

As opposed to "transparency," our new leader is hell-bent on maintaining "opacity."  Self-preservation requires it.  I feel a sense of dread that he's going to get better and better at it. 

And again:  "When the abnormal becomes routine, outrage fades."

• Love 21

Trump keeps acting like rules shouldn't apply to him. Re Trump's meeting with the press to tell hem how they're supposed to cover him, like he's a king, that just means it's "news flash" time again. News Flash #1: Donny, you're not a king. You're just the President-Elect, unless by some miracle enough electors come to their senses to stop you, so you might want to check yourself on that score, among countless others. News flash #2: Just because the mainstream media underestimated the anger/ignorance of White, working-class voters, that doesn't mean that you can just summon the press to your castle and lecture them about doing their jobs and get away with it. News flash #3: You can't just take off on a whim without permission anymore. People have to know where you are at all times, whether it's the Secret Service or the DC press corps. If you think that the only media that matters is Breitbart, Twitter and YouTube, think again. 

Another who's not surprised by Trump's perpetual flip-flopping, especially when it comes to his changing whatever passes for his mind re prosecuting Hillary.  It's yet another example of what a world-class con artist Trump is and he's pulled his biggest hustle yet.  When Trump implodes, he & his supporters will deserve every "I told you so" they're inevitably gonna get, as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Bwaah, it's horrifying but I cannot stop laughing at that article on him meeting with the press, I can't stop laughing. I saw the writer of that piece on Rachel Maddow last night and I was giggling while shaking my head then. But to read it in detail, WOW. Christ on a cracker he is insane!

I too was laughing at Trump and the absurdity of his presidency.  My goodness! He is completely unhinged and his need to control the press is very scary and he is the embodiment of what the founders feared and warned us about..I blame the Republicans, for not having, the  moral fortitude to fight this mad man at the onset..I hope that Trump becomes the Republicans' nightmare as time goes on.   If Obama plays a role in it, behind the scenes, it will be even better, after all of the drama, that the Republicans put him through the past 8 years.. Trump is not an ideologue and that can work in our favor, if Obama has his ear...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I cannot stop laughing at that article on him meeting with the press

I laughed at him scolding them for their picture selection.  Of course that's up there on his priority list. After all its all about appearance for him. I hope the press uses the most unflattering pictures they can find now. We can all go on an comment "you're such 1".

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, windsprints said:

I laughed at him scolding them for their picture selection.  Of course that's up there on his priority list. After all its all about appearance for him. I hope the press uses the most unflattering pictures they can find now. We can all go on an comment "you're such 1".

I fear that the media may give in to his demands..If we see Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid start to soften their program in his favor, then, we should worry...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

His infrastructure plan is patently absurd.  In the case of roads, for example, we, the people who actually pay taxes (ahem, Cheeto!), will be paying for those roads twice.  First, we'll pay for the tax breaks to the corporate and foreign investors, then, we'll pay tolls on those roads directly to the corporate or foreign investors who control them.  Bonus:  Who here thinks that those investors will simply cease collecting tolls once they've recouped their initial investment and a generous profit?  Who thinks those tolls will be reasonable and not a hindrance to travel (even to work or school) for many lower middle class and below Americans?  Anyone?  Anyone?  

Anyone who had traveled on a tollway in Illinois can tell you : Hell No! Those tolls were supposed to have expired years ago, you know once they were paid off .  Ha what a joke. Thing will just slap his name on every toll way system . 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Judging by his home decor, he completely covets the life of royalty.  He won't be able to resist establishing a connection to the Royal Family, no matter how old the Queen is.  Besides, he saw those pictures from the last Obama visit with William and Kate.  He's just dying to get a shot to work his "charms" on Kate.  I hope she finds a reason to not be in his presence during the visit.  

That photo of Melania with a gold baby buggy -  that HAS to be a joke, right?   I mean, there's no way that's real, is it?  

It seems like a parody.

OK, no, it was part of a PEOPLE magazine story - the gold buggy had it's own gold chandelier.  It's like something out of a weird comedy movie.

The fact that this is the new leader of the US is mind-boggling.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Trump keeps acting like rules shouldn't apply to him. Re Trump's meeting with the press to tell hem how they're supposed to cover him, like he's a king, that just means it's "news flash" time again. News Flash #1: Donny, you're not a king. You're just the President-Elect, unless by some miracle enough electors come to their senses to stop you, so you might want to check yourself on that score, among countless others. News flash #2: Just because the mainstream media underestimated the anger/ignorance of White, working-class voters, that doesn't mean that you can just summon the press to your castle and lecture them about doing their jobs and get away with it. News flash #3: You can't just take off on a whim without permission anymore. People have to know where you are at all times, whether it's the Secret Service or the DC press corps. If you think that the only media that matters is Breitbart, Twitter and YouTube, think again. 

Well, so far, he's been right about the rules.  He not a king, but he IS an Emperor with No Clothes as long as enough people play along with, which they did to elect him.  He DID just summon the press to his castle and lecture them and got away with it, I'm sure to many cheers from his base for going after MSM.  He CAN just go wherever he wants, though he has to take SS with him, AND he can call for a parade of people to come visit him in trump castle as a teaser for who he might select for his cabinet - the trump reality show has begun.  He DOESN'T have to reveal his tax returns like every other candidate.  He DOESN'T have to distance himself from conflicts of interest with his businesses and he CAN keep his children as his unofficial advisors as long as he doesn't make them Cabinet members.  He CAN and DOES love Putin.  He DOESN'T and WON'T come out and condemn the white supremacists who love him and are joyful to have him in office.  He CAN and DOES tweet all day long, shaping his narrative and distracting everyone from his fraud settlement.  He HAS already backtracked on his campaign promises, and his base still thinks he's the best thing ever.

Makes me sick to say it, but yes, the rules seem to have no impact.

ETA - and while I'm on my rant, as long as everyone keeps calling the white supremacists "nationialists," it legitimizes them!  Stop playing along MSM!  Stop calling them nationalists, and stop calling his first corporate tax cut an "infrastructure" plan!! 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, windsprints said:

I want the Time to continue to report about him so I think this is great news.  For those without Twitter:

nytimes.JPG

WAIT -   FOR THE NEXT EIGHT YEARS??????

Has he expended his own term of office for 8 years now?   Like there's some sort of automatic re-election?

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

WAIT -   FOR THE NEXT EIGHT YEARS??????

Has he expended his own term of office for 8 years now?   Like there's some sort of automatic re-election?

Guess he figures if he can come up with a couple of slogans and some fake news that he'll win again.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh shit--I didn't even catch that.  We're going to have to set up shifts.

• Love 7

You know what I just realized about that deplorable meeting with tv execs and anchors yesterday?

When they agreed to it being "off the record" that apparently meant THEY were to remain silent about what was said.  But TRUMP leaked his version of the meeting ("told them off", etc.) to the NY Post, Murdoch's paper.

Will they always be this easily co-opted? #1 That meeting should never have happened. #2 "Off the record" with any press should mean Trump and his people have to remain silent about what was said, too or reporters can blab, too.

I'm glad the NYT is standing up to him a bit. People should show support for the press--they all seem so cowed (though more or less still determined) that they must get tons of hate mail from the Trumpkins. People who support them probably are just quiet.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I blame the Republicans, for not having, the  moral fortitude to fight this mad man at the onset..I hope that Trump becomes the Republicans' nightmare as time goes on.

Paul Ryan's lack of integrity during Trump's campaign was sickening. He's spineless and chose his party over the people. I hope everyone remembers this when he tries to run in 2020.

• Love 23
13 hours ago, windsprints said:

He meets with media where its later described as being like a firing squad then later he tweets:  "Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!".  Was that the purpose of his meeting, because he's upset that they are exposing facts about him/his business?  

Also, outside of "stop it" in the 60 Minutes interview he hasn't made a single statement (or even a tweet) condemning the hate crimes being committed in his name or about the Neo-Nazi type rallies celebrating his win.   Since its apparent he reads the media coverage of himself he knows these events are occurring.  His continuing silence is indicating (to me) that he condones this behavior as he's unwilling to condemn it.  He tweeted 4 (he deleted 1 calling the Hamilton cast untalented) times to condemn the cast making a polite statement while these other situations are ongoing.

In his video he made no attempt to unify our country.  Again, obviously he follows the media so he's well aware of the division in the country. No attempt to reach out to people who did not vote for him or even a sentence admitting there are people he needs to work to win over.

Everything about him is reactionary.  I wish I could find even a sliver of something Presidential in him but there's nothing (for me).

You know what I don't get?  Why didn't the media figures who were summoned to this "summit" get up and walk out en masse?  There is a part of me that is having a very difficult time processing that they all sat there and took that shit.  Look--do we have an independent press, or don't we?  Or, does the Cretin-in-Chief have all of their balls in a jar on his nightstand?  Unfuckingbelievable!  The moment those weak-kneed fools got back to their offices, they should have resolved to have 24/7 coverage of this orange fucker's fraud and corruption and followed through.  CNN was already dead to me when Zuckerberg found a way to justify keeping Lewandowski on CNN while getting on his high horse about Donna Brazille.  

I broke my promise and found that I can't totally quit Rachel Maddow.  But, I can only do small doeses.  She made one of the most forceful statements I've seen so far regarding Drumpf's big lie (per the statement from his campaign) that he "has continued to denounce racism of any kind and he was elected because he will be a leader for every America."  This statement was made in response to reports about the Nazi rally held at the Ronald Reagan Building in D.C. last Saturday and the "family reunion" with Nazi salutes that caused Magianno's Restaurant to shut down last Friday night after protesters stormed the place.  Rachel could barely contain her anger when she looked into the camera and asked, when did Drumpf ever make any kind of statement denouncing the white supremacists who see his "win" as a victory for themselves?  Instead, he would rather use his weapons of mass distraction and engage in these ridiculous Twitter wars with stage actors and anyone else who hurts his feelings.  See, that's the kind of anger and resolve I want to see from journalists instead of this vague, mamby-pamby, weak-kneed dance with the Cretin-in-Chief.

Rachel had the head of the Anti-Defamation League on her show for that segment, who very calmly pointed out that Drumpf ran his campaign on a platform of racism.  So, it stands to reason, how could he denounce something that helped him get into office?  For his team to put out such a statement is an insult to my intelligence. 

And, let's keep it real.  The reason Drumpf's statements to white supremacists are so vague is because he can't condemn them.  Since he and his son sought their support, they own his orange ass now.

• Love 20
Just now, numbnut said:

Paul Ryan's lack of integrity during Trump's campaign was sickening. He's spineless and chose his party over the people. I hope everyone remembers this when he tries to run in 2020.

That weasel Ryan was so smug, in his assertions, that Donald Trump had a mandate to govern.. They are all deplorable and are all jockeying for power in the Trump administration. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Rachel had the head of the Anti-Defamation League on her show for that segment, who very calmly pointed out that Drumpf ran his campaign on a platform of racism.  So, it stands to reason, how could he denounce something that helped him get into office?  For his team to put out such a statement is an insult to my intelligence. 

He basically made his statement on this when asked if he wanted to walk back any of his extreme rhetoric and he said no because he won. Oh, and then he sought out Steve Bannon and his followers for jobs. 

These guys are his fans. I've no doubt he'd much prefer better fans, people that he thinks are cooler. But since these are the people cheering for him they're the ones he'll surround himself with and promote even if he's doing it resentfully because he's stuck being "the voice" of people he doesn't much care about. 

• Love 11

The canceled meeting with the "failing" New York Times is back on. He blames Preibus for not understanding what the Times had requested. 

We haven't even gotten to Day 1, people. 

1 hour ago, windsprints said:

There's no such thing as a good photo of that Orange Blob of Goo. If I were a press photographer, I would take every photo from the absolute most unflattering angle possible. He likes people crouching down looking up at him, and that photo angle is pretty unflattering. It would draw attention to his love handles, his double chin, his saggy skin, etc. If he complains on Twitter, people need to Tweet back that that is, in fact, how he looks. And yes, let's all start rating him as he rates women. In his case, however, the scale has to go into negative numbers. I would give him a negative 4, and I think that's generous. If that creepazoid came at me and tried to kiss me, much less "grab my pussy," I would knee him in whatever he has that pass for balls and run screaming from the room.

He hates being made fun of on SNL, but he should be thankful that someone like Alec Baldwin impersonates him. Alec was quite hot back in the day, and though he's aged, he still looks pretty good and a million times better than Trump could ever hope to.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 19

Unflattering photo?  Are you kidding?  

Remember when his campaign for the GOP nomination featured comparison photos of Heidi Cruz with an ugly expression (not that I'm a fan)  contrasted with a Melania glamour shot,   and asked who would be a better first lady? 

He has a short memory.

But do we?

• Love 18

If I was a news outlet now, I'd make it one person's job to create a catalogue of the most unflattering photos of Trumplethinskin that I could find, and use a different one every time a picture of him was needed. Hell, I'd even task a photographer to take photos of him whenever he looked bad (which, let's face it, is all the time). It would drive him round the bend.

I've said before, but he must have had a terribly cold upbringing, to still be so obsessed with physical appearances, at this late stage in life. What a sad old man.

• Love 11

Not all of us who are dependent on Medicare and SS are willfully ignorant Trump supporters.  Life events, like
long term serious illness, can leave liberals in the low income category too.  I may not like the company or
have much in common with them, but I'll be in the same sink hole without a rope.

• Love 10

NYT reporter Maggie Haberman is live-tweeting the NYT meeting. Among other things, Trump says that "in theory" he can run his business and be president, that the law is totally on his side--the president can't have conflict of interest (not sure what that means--maybe like Nixon saying if the president does it it's not illegal?), says Bannon's been hurt by the mean press about him since that's not "who he is," laughs off the media being really into this question of white supremacy. Also if these groups are really energized he'd want to, you know, look into that and figure out why. 

Because it's such a mystery.

Also it seems like a lot of name-dropping and bragging about how people love him. She's live-tweeting it on her Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Dear orange psychopathic pantload of shit -

This country in no way needs to be run like a business but because you don't seem to understand much else, I'm temporarily allowing myself to engage in this stupid metaphor.

I didn't hire you - my ill informed coworkers who wanted "change" did. But the thing is, you still work for me, the voter. That's whatcha said at "your" convention, right? You're going to work for me? OK, then, you should know that a big majority of my coworkers also didn't want you. You got in by a loophole that, ironically, is supposed to protect us from the likes of you and some of us are going to request looking into that, but in the meantime....

As my "employee," please know that you will be accountable to me and the millions of others like me who, frankly, hate your fucking guts and see no reason to show you any respect or give you a chance or treat you like an ordinary employee. There are more of us that you want to admit and you'd like to believe you can handwave away all of our power, but you can't. 

Because it will likely take you a loooooong time to figure this out, if you ever do, consider yourself on strict probation. We are watching you all. the. time. We will find the truth and demand action and we won't quietly sit here. 

The world is counting on us not to pucker up and accept your fascism and greed as normal. 

I, and millions like me, won't disappoint them.

Democracy can't be 'trumped' or it isn't a democracy. 

We don't have a monarchy in this country and we don't want one. You're not a CEO. You're a civil servant. Go read your job title. You don't want to try to do this job with over half the country trying to do everything they can to take you down. You're too fragile to handle that and you may end up in a rubber room and, well, that would be...SAD.

And you do want to succeed in this job, don't you? 

OK, that was a long winded babble, but I hear that sometimes if you scream into the abyss long enough, it screams back. Or something. 

I want this flown over DC on inauguration day. Or maybe put on a huge billboard near the White House.

• Love 7

I hate it when Trump says reasonable things. He's capable of being charming and even self-aware (like "right now, the Republicans love me". He sounds like he knows how fickle they are, and how fleeting their support). Because I know he's just saying these things to get that reaction of, 'oh, maybe he's not so bad after all.'

Tomorrow he'll say something else monstrous, and that's just who he is. He will just say whatever he thinks will have the desired effect, at any given time. If he'd thought that coming out in rabid support of gay rights, abortion, climate change and open immigration would have won him the election, he'd have done it in a heartbeat.

• Love 8