Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

On 10/15/2016 at 9:04 AM, NewDigs said:

And it appears that every single outlet does report there's pretty much no such thing as voter fraud, o grate orange one.

A Trump surrogate -- I don't recall her name, she was blonde, but not Conway -- claimed that there were more votes cast in East St. Louis than there are voters in East St. Louis.  The CNN reporter looked incredulous but didn't argue.  We can only hope that viewers do their own fact-checking, because election results like that would definitely make headlines.

• Love 1

That or someone thinks they are "helping".  Cheney's comments about the effectiveness of Goebbels using the perception of threat to gain support for a Nazi state were a tiny part of why conspiracy theories abounded when 9/11 happened.  Putin pretty much rose on some incredibly shady and scary perceptions of terrorist attacks that have been debunked as actual terrorist attacks (though since Putin was likely behind them and he is pretty much a terror himself, I guess the definition can be argued).

Nate Silver has said several times that the real threat to a win by the Orange Scrotum is either through a global economic crises or the fear of violence in the US.   One reason among many why the bombs found in the metro area scared me so much.  I know I should adjust my tin foil hate before I hit submit and I promise to make sure it sits firmly on my head once I do, I find myself wondering how better to mitigate the faltering party's stance than to take the role of victim and shift the onus of "violent hate" onto the opponent who seems to be winning right now.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Darian said:

It is treasonous. And that sheriff, David Clarke I posted about is still on Twitter, inciting violence. I went out the other night with my Woman Card in the clear ID slot of my wallet/keychain and my "We Made History" Hillary button on my bag, and my husband was worried. I'm worried for my friends who are working the polls and canvassing and have yard signs. I'm 55. I've never seen it like this. I used to joke and say the idea of President Trump made being terminally ill a lot more fun (I am terminal, but it's fine. I seem to be just immature and selfish enough to have lived, so far, 8 years past my predicted expiration date), but, honestly, I am not happy I lived to see this. But then, I got to see marriage equality, our first African-American president and I may get to see the first female president. Still, I really feel for the younger folks. We should not have let this happen. 

I know this won't make you feel any better, nor worse but for what it's worth, we're all terminal.  I don't know how any of this could have been prevented. The Republican party nominated this shameful man and now they'll all suffer the consequences. I'm glad you're a survivor and hope you have many years left.  I hope I live to see the day that Michelle Obama becomes the first black woman president. I think it's in the cards. We can only hope.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

MSNBC is reporting that the GOP headquarters in NC has been fire bombed. If so, I'd like to say to whoever did it- You're not helping.

I saw that too and my heart sank. I'm glad no one was hurt, but seriously, this is bad. Then, because I apparently am becoming a paranoid looney in my old age, I'm ashamed to admit that I thought, "What if Trump supporters did this on purpose to start a witch hunt and make Democrats look bad?" 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Then, because I apparently am becoming a paranoid looney in my old age, I'm ashamed to admit that I thought, "What if Trump supporters did this on purpose to start a witch hunt and make Democrats look bad?" 

There is precedent:

a987njfaguf.jpg

8 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I saw that too and my heart sank. I'm glad no one was hurt, but seriously, this is bad. Then, because I apparently am becoming a paranoid looney in my old age, I'm ashamed to admit that I thought, "What if Trump supporters did this on purpose to start a witch hunt and make Democrats look bad?" 

I'll bet a lot of us thought the same thing. It's happened before of course. Second thought: I hope that explanation turns out to be true--a loony rightwinger trying to help Trump.

This is a good recap of the dozen allegations against him to date: http://www.vox.com/2016/10/12/13265206/trump-accusations-sexual-assault?yptr=yahoo

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

MSNBC is reporting that the GOP headquarters in NC has been fire bombed. If so, I'd like to say to whoever did it- You're not helping.

Think on it.

Trump has turned his people AGAINST the Republican Party. It's just as likely THEM who are mad at the Republican Party now as anyone.

The alternative are radical anti-LGBT forces all too prevalent in North Carolina now (in which case the incident doesn't directly have that much to do with the Presidential Election).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Think on it.

Trump has turned his people AGAINST the Republican Party. It's just as likely THEM who are mad at the Republican Party now as anyone.

The alternative are radical anti-LGBT forces all too prevalent in North Carolina now (in which case the incident doesn't directly have that much to do with the Presidential Election).

You could be right. Jesus, what a world.

• Love 2

It got a survey in the mail from the local Democratics. There were questions about the progressive platform, actions to help middle class families, the DNC's election strategy, etc. But this one made me grimace in painful recognition that this is actually where we find ourselves:

Which aspect of Donald Trump's candidacy do you find most disturbing?

• His dangerous and hateful campaign rhetoric
  • His erratic temperament and judgment
  • His pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act
  • His reckless foreign policy positions
  • His pledge to appoint conservative justices to the Supreme Court
  • His admiration of Russian President Vladimir Putin
  • His disregard for the U.S. Constitution and religious freedoms
  • His views on women's reproductive freedom
  • His pledge to "rip up" the Paris Accord on climate change
  • Other

The biggest dilemma is that you can only select one! Which would you choose? I waffled between disregard for the constitution and reckless foreign policy but went with the latter.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Menrva said:

Add me to the list who immediately thought it was a Trump supporter doing it because they are upset at the RNC for not supporting Trump and trying to make it look like it was liberals who did it.  

28 minutes ago, lordonia said:

It got a survey in the mail from the local Democratics. There were questions about the progressive platform, actions to help middle class families, the DNC's election strategy, etc. But this one made me grimace in painful recognition that this is actually where we find ourselves:

Which aspect of Donald Trump's candidacy do you find most disturbing?

• His dangerous and hateful campaign rhetoric
  • His erratic temperament and judgment
  • His pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act
  • His reckless foreign policy positions
  • His pledge to appoint conservative justices to the Supreme Court
  • His admiration of Russian President Vladimir Putin
  • His disregard for the U.S. Constitution and religious freedoms
  • His views on women's reproductive freedom
  • His pledge to "rip up" the Paris Accord on climate change
  • Other

The biggest dilemma is that you can only select one! Which would you choose?

The lack off "Choose as many as applicable" or "all of the above" choices is making me wonder if this was really a question or if it was a way of pointing out all that is horrible about Trump

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

I'm not familiar with this - please give me a clue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

In October 2008, Ashley Todd, a volunteer for the U.S. presidential campaign of Republican John McCain,[1] falsely claimed to have been the victim of robbery and politically motivated physical assault by a supporter of McCain'sDemocratic opponent Barack Obama.[2] The story broke less than two weeks before the 2008 United States presidential election on November 4. Todd later confessed to inventing the story after surveillance photos and a polygraph test were presented. She was charged with filing a false police report, and entered a probation program for first-time offenders.

• Love 4

I wonder if any young film student or someone out there has gotten the idea to make a film about what the world would look like if Trump were to be elected President. Sort of like "Threads" did about nuclear war from back a bit before I was born but I have still seen the film, or even like the more current Amazon show "The Man in the High Castle" (actually a good title for film about Trump), which shows what the world would be like if Hitler had won the war.  I'm just using  these as a couple of examples of when alternate realities have been depicted. I'm sure there are many others, but my point is just that it would be interesting to see if someone could put something together about what a Trump Presidency might actually look like.

It would make an interesting short film at the very least and at most, maybe help convince some people that he just is wrong for this country on so many levels. You cannot insult immigrants in a country which was basically founded on them, you cannot insult women and brag about assaulting them then try to lie about it, dismiss it, downplay it, or make it about Bill Clinton (who, by the way Trump, is not running), you cannot claim you are a competent business man when you have filed bankruptcy 6 times and wouldn't have even gotten off the ground if not for a multi-million dollar loan from your father, you cannot claim you are a patriot and will "help make American great again" when you haven't contributed anything in the form of taxes for nearly 2 decades. He just can't even see what a hypocritical, lying, racist, misogynistic bigot he is and he literally  seems to think of himself as the highest power on earth. You know what, if that were even close to the case at least he'd have better hair.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Unfortunately, he appeals to people that love to hate and can hate unabashedly now because Trump has shown them that it's 'good to hate' and to show anger. It's not even about abortion, or terrorism, or even about healthcare, it's about bigotry and hatred, period.

Here's an excerpt from the Boston Globe published yesterday (10/15) and comments from a Trump rally in Cincinnati.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

This man is speaking about nothing less than treason, murder and anarchy. This man belongs in jail for even suggesting any of this. Sometimes hatred is best left alone for each man to have inside rotting him, but Trump has exposed this among his supporters. This is madness.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/10/15/donald-trump-warnings-conspiracy-rig-election-are-stoking-anger-among-his-followers/LcCY6e0QOcfH8VdeK9UdsM/story.html

I sure hope the FBI keeps a list of genuinely scary people like this.  There is a difference between the right to freedom of speech and inciting violence.  This is frightening.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I wonder if any young film student or something out there has gotten the idea to make a film about what the world would look like if Trump were to be elected President. Sort of like "Threads" did about nuclear war from back when I was born but I have still seen the film, or even like the more current Amazon show  "The Man in the High Castle" that shows what the world would be like if Hitler had won the war.

It would make an interesting short film at the very least and at most, maybe help convince some people that he just is wrong for this country on so many levels. You cannot insult immigrants on a country which was founded on them, you cannot insult women and brag about assaulting them, you cannot claim you are a competent business man when you have filed bankruptcy 6 times, you cannot claim you are a patriot and will "help make American great again" when you haven't contributed anything in the form of taxes for nearly 2 decades. He just can't even see what a hypocritical, lying, racist, misogynistic bigot he is and he literally  seems to think of himself as the highest power on earth. You know what, if that were even close to the case at least you'd have better hair.

If I were a very mean person, I would say that film has already been made and it's called "Idiocracy". But I'm not that mean…

This is what I don't get: if Trump were so wonderful and such a great businessman, why all the lies, the assaults, the bankruptcies? And if Hillary is truly the evil mastermind that people say she is, wouldn't she have already been president for the past 8 years? 

Regarding my paranoid thoughts about the NC GOP campaign office bombing, and since this is a Previously TV forum, I do confess that I was influenced by an Agents of Shield episode I watched recently…

Edited by Menrva
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Menrva said:

This is what I don't get: if Trump were so wonderful and such a great businessman, why all the lies, the assaults, the bankruptcies?

Don't forget his professional and businesslike 4000+ lawsuits! I'd really like to hear from someone like Cuban or Bloomberg for a perspective on what number of lawsuits their businesses are typically party to.

27 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

The lack off "Choose as many as applicable" or "all of the above" choices is making me wonder if this was really a question or if it was a way of pointing out all that is horrible about Trump

There was another question about the "troubling" Republican platform that allowed three responses. ;)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lordonia said:

Don't forget his professional and businesslike 4000+ lawsuits! I'd really like to hear from someone like Cuban or Bloomberg for a perspective on what number of lawsuits their businesses are typically party to.

There was another question about the "troubling" Republican platform that allowed three responses. ;)

My husband is a tax attorney and the things Trump says drive him crazy. I am usually the nut screaming at the TV, but when it comes to tax policy, my husband is the one yelling, "No! No! No! That's not how it works! That's not how any of it works!!! Have you even read the tax code - oh, wait, never mind…" He's dying to see the tax returns. 

And no one has any trouble with Trump's bromance with Putin? Jill Stein's relationship with Putin is shady too, but since this is the Trump thread, I won't get more into that.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I sure hope the FBI keeps a list of genuinely scary people like this. 

They most certainly do, and I'm quite certain the idiot quoted in the Boston Globe article has been or will shortly be visited by the Secret Service.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, b2H said:

Isn't DT still leading in NC?  What possible purpose could doing this have in influencing the outcome in NC??  

Nope.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/north-carolina/

Chance of winning North Carolina’s 15 electoral votes

Hillary Clinton

70.3%

Donald Trump

29.7%

That was today. Tomorrow, if the Democrats absorb the blame for this, expect that may well change quite a bit.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

They forgot a big one for me on that list: "How often and easily he lies."

As for NC, Hillary's been ahead for a couple of weeks in most polls that I've seen, but its still close enough for something like this to matter.

I can't believe he tweeted about who's responsible for it already, and yet, sadly, I can. It's what he does, opportunist that he is (and with zero knowledge of the Constitution. If they arrest a Trump supporter he'll say its a setup. If they arrest a Democrat, he'll pronounce him "guilty".  He's so predictable in his awfulness.)

• Love 4

At the risk of being called as delusional as a Trump supporter, I can't help but think the GOP firebomb in Orange County is an inside job.

I live in Raleigh, and I think of Hillsborough is a sleepy little community between Chapel Hill and Greensboro. I know people who live there, so I'm inclined to believe they lean more blue than red. However, I remember a recent story about a Hillborough church's rainbow flags that were stolen in the wake of HB2. There's vandalism on the right, too.

North Carolina is a a hotly contested battleground state that is currently leaning towards voting Democrat this year. This bombing could have happened in any state, but it happens in North Carolina. Coincidence?

Hey, if Trump supporters can discredit his accusers, I can discredit him for his accusations. Anyway, hopefully the federal investigations will find the real story out.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, xaxat said:

So, a seventy year old man who routinely stays up past three a.m. (He fired off a tweet at SNL this morning.) is accusing someone else of drug use?

Hmm, overcompensation much?

Either that or he's taking a page out of Carrie Fisher's book. Fisher tweeted that the sniffing Trump does at debates was "obviously" a side effect of cocaine use, but she deleted the tweet a couple of days later. Guess she didn't want his hair trying to attack her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

I would venture to guess that what really upset the Great Tangerine One is the hilarious video featuring the women in his pathetic life.  And, no, I don't believe for one minute that the firebombing of the GOP office is some liberal plot.  I smelled a rat the moment I heard about this.  

He and his surrogates spent the better part of the day tweeting or going on Sunday shows claiming that the election is "rigged" by the media.  The same media he has shamelessly pimped for months.  The same media that gave him months of free advertising.  Now that they are actually asking the right questions and scrutinizing his claims, business history, and shady overseas dealings, the media isn't being fair to him.  

BTW--I read this story in my hometown paper, The Washington Post, this morning before heading to church, and it's chilling:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-white-flight-of-derek-black/2016/10/15/ed5f906a-8f3b-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_stormfront-658am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Apparently, Herr Drumpf is the vessel--or useful idiot--through which the alt-right's message has gone mainstream.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Rapunzel said:

I wonder if any young film student or someone out there has gotten the idea to make a film about what the world would look like if Trump were to be elected President. 

I know this isn't what you meant, but you might be interested in this short video anyway:

http://video.newyorker.com/watch/the-new-yorker-festival-what-would-a-trump-presidency-look-like

Same video, but with some commentary from Amy Davidson:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/what-would-a-trump-presidency-look-like?mbid=nl_TNY Template - With Photo (104)&CNDID=28423765&spMailingID=9676616&spUserID=MTMzMTgyOTE0MDY5S0&spJobID=1020932541&spReportId=MTAyMDkzMjU0MQS2

Edited by LotusFlower

I'm watching a piece on CNN called The Essential Donald Trump  - I recorded it yesterday.   He hasn't changed at all over the years  The show helped me understand all the Atlantic City stuff that I never understood before.

Check it out if you see it on the schedule.

4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I'm watching a piece on CNN called The Essential Donald Trump  - I recorded it yesterday.   He hasn't changed at all over the years  The show helped me understand all the Atlantic City stuff that I never understood before.

Check it out if you see it on the schedule.

I meant to watch that. Also good is The Choice 2016 on PBS.

And, no, Donald hasn't changed one bit in 40 years.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm still thinking that the graffiti, "Nazi Republicans Leave Town or Else" that was left near that bombed out Trump office is akin to Jeffrey MacDonald scrawling "PIG" on the wall in order to deflect blame on "the hippies" for the murder of his wife. And in a hotly contested state like NC? Give me a break.

Zero points on imagination for that effort.

I wish someone would ask him in the final debate, if he thinks the election is rigged already, why didn't they rig it in the first place?  Why wait now?  Why not pulls these conspiracy strings and place undue influence he suggests are now taking place and simply keep him from winning the primaries?  It would be much easier to have shut him down and out in the primary process when the party was already split and there were so many of the Republican establishment he now claims are complicit in this rigging who spoke against him right up until they caved as a whole. 

I mean I get that it is a man whose ego will never let him admit to being wrong and therefore cannot admit that more people than not do not want him as President and in fact I think if you had a vote right now to simply exile him from the US and never be heard from again, a good seventy percent or more would vote in favor if it somehow didn't affect Hillary being President.  It might even be higher.

Which also begs the question.  No matter how distorted the polls are* for ratings and to keep it close enough for the media to be happy with the impetus in keeping a 24 hour news cycle going.  How have we gotten to the point where this race is so close, and though it can be argued that neither has the best approval ratings even among their own voters, we have a man who could be elected President and yet somehow still have lower approval ratings than a President that was forced to resign,a President that lied about a blow job and a President that left us in two wars and a housing market collapse, a failed auto industry and two thirds of American businesses facing a health care provision crises not to mention the 40 million plus who were uninsured entirely? 

*Following Nate Silver articles and current analysis and I am really finding it interesting that none of the others polls who try to build their numbers on primary results take into account the fact that both sides had big voter turnout that were false positives.  In open primaries, people who were not passionate about any candidate still voted and voted the person they thought could be defeated by their actual preferred party.  And the Orange Scrotum had a huge number of such votes cast in several primary states.  Silver puts it as high as 17 percent in many Blue and battleground states.  Even Joe Scarborough admitted this before he conveniently forgot and then denied completely when he and his mistress co-host moved from Christie's ample ass (google Christie and baseball uniform) to take up residence in the gilded shit corridor of the Scrotum's before the rest of the press raised more than a few eyebrows and even their tongue bathing town meeting they had for him made Matt Lauer look neutral.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

A group of Democrats launched a GoFundMe campaign to help rebuild the firebombed Republican office.  They had a goal of $10K, and raised over $13K in six hours.

It's not like Donald Trump couldn't have shot down $100k to rebuild, but left it up to others to do something philanthropic.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

It's not like Donald Trump couldn't have shot down $100k to rebuild, but left it up to others to do something philanthropic.

I actually don't think Drumpf has that kind of liquid cash on-hand to spare.  Mark Cuban said in an interview with Joy last weekend that Trump is asset-rich, not cash-rich.  I think that that's why Drumpf stiffs contractors and makes his campaign pay his companies outrageous amounts for renting Drumpf properties for campaign events.  Also, I have always thought that The Apprentice uniquely solved this cash-flow problem for him.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, 33kaitykaity said:

I actually don't think Drumpf has that kind of liquid cash on-hand to spare.  Mark Cuban said in an interview with Joy last weekend that Trump is asset-rich, not cash-rich, and that's why Drumpf stiffs contractors and makes his campaign pay his companies outrageous amounts for renting Drumpf properties for campaign events.  I have always thought that The Apprentice uniquely solved this cash-flow problem for him.  

He's a billionaire, he could wire the cash.

5 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

google Christie and baseball uniform

It's like passing that big accident on the highway - you shouldn't look, but can't turn away.  I knew better that to Google that, but I couldn't help myself.  Looks like it's time for the extra strength variety...

i-rFvWRS8-S.jpg

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

BTW--I read this story in my hometown paper, The Washington Post, this morning before heading to church, and it's chilling:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-white-flight-of-derek-black/2016/10/15/ed5f906a-8f3b-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_stormfront-658am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Apparently, Herr Drumpf is the vessel--or useful idiot--through which the alt-right's message has gone mainstream.

This was a fascinating article.  Derek is an unusual person.  Not only did his intellectual curiosity lead him in a different direction, but he embraced it and admitted he was wrong.

The infiltration tactic is obviously not new.  Far-right groups in Europe have been doing it for quite some time, and religious zealots did it here in the late 1990s by getting elected to school boards so they could impose creationism on public school children.  But the way this particular group succeeded so quickly in their goals - in Derek's words, "The Republican Party has to be either demolished or taken over" - is something.  Makes you wonder how many crypto-fascists have been elected, doesn't it?

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Asset billionaire, sure.  Cuban has that kind of spare cash.  Drumpf does not.

According to Reuters, Trump had cash and other liquid investments - money in funds, equities and cash - worth $60 million to $180 million in May, according to his filings with the Office of Government Ethics. The form does not require candidates to give precise values for their assets, only ranges. If he provided his tax return we'd know exactly how much but he's not going to do that. He has cash, liquid cash, cash he could use for anything he wishes, so yes he could afford to send cash to rebuild the Republican headquarters in N. Carolina.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

In addition to everything else, Trump is a notorious cheapskate. He always gets restaurant meals comp'd, and usually shows up with a large party--orders whatever--and never tips.

Between this and stiffing all the contractors and various other workers in Atlantic City (and elsewhere) it is a major failure of the GOP that they let him brand himself as some kind of aspirational working class hero. They should listen to co-author Tony Schwartz (Art of the Deal): "He doesn't care about you at all!"

The election will end but the stupid will go on...

• Love 14
10 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Yet another example of Trump's madness is his claim that if/when he loses, the system is "rigged"-the same system that got him nominated in the first place

In all fairness, the "system" that got him nominated are his supporters...while the "system" that he claims is rigged is the media.

Edited by MsTree
59 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

According to Reuters, Trump had cash and other liquid investments - money in funds, equities and cash - worth $60 million to $180 million in May, according to his filings with the Office of Government Ethics. The form does not require candidates to give precise values for their assets, only ranges. If he provided his tax return we'd know exactly how much but he's not going to do that. He has cash, liquid cash, cash he could use for anything he wishes, so yes he could afford to send cash to rebuild the Republican headquarters in N. Carolina.

I think this exchange started because you wondered why Drumpf had not yet sent the money to rebuild and I answered with a possibility you might not have yet considered based on the information I had gleaned from the Mark Cuban/Joy Reid exchange that Cuban thinks that Drumpf is asset-rich but cash-poor, which would also explain him being a cheapskate and a slow/no-pay to his contractors.  YMMV, but I'm going with Occam's razor...

shrug.gif

• Love 1

I just hope that the media really keeps digging on his financials because they seem odd and I do think despite his personal feud with the man, Lawrence O'Donnell did have some valid points on the oddity of the Orange Scrotum's assertion of being so rich and yet he "had" to go with the Apprentice when he dropped out the last primary cycle.  But I also think he loved having these people, gold medalists, models , former rock stars and tv and film stars groveling and kissing up to him.  So I do wonder if the taking away by NBC was rage inducing on the cash level or the ego level.  Well which one was more? 

He is so eager to take credit for things he doesn't actually do, I would not be surprised if he tries to orchestrate supporters raising money for headquarters repairs but making the donation in his name.  Heck he did that on the Celebrity edition of the Apprentice all the time.  Got sponsors to underwrite an episode basically by creating the "challenge" around their product they basically paid him and Burnett for an hour's worth of product placement.  Got them to write in amounts for donations into the production budget as well as the sponsors also putting upfront certain amounts.  Got the celebrities to do more raising for the challenges themselves and then sat like Bizzaro Buddha (instead of serenity he preaches Hostility Now) smugly acting on camera as if he was the Humanitarian of the Year.  He even had the celebrities thanking him and praising him for his generosity. 

I think that is part of his rage.  If you go back and look at his social media that hasn't been scrubbed, I do think part of impetus to run was to make NBC sorry they "let him go".  I think he figured the initial campaign game would be free advertising and enhance his reality show stardom.  NBC takes exception though and he is forced out and he ramps it up figuring he would make NBC come back to him with hat in hand because he not only makes headlines but quickly learned how to be the headline constantly.  And it became self-fueling engine thanks to a lazy and greedy media.

NBC took away his famous people pay attention to me machine.

And now he thinks he is ready to take the keys to the ultimate people must pay attention to me machine.  He has seen how President Obama and First Lady Michelle have not only captured the admiration and attention of a good part of the nation even with plenty of bad slanted ridiculous attempts to smear them.  But he also notes that all the "cool" kids love to be associated with them. Clooney and the Jay-Z Beyonce Knowles famewhoring but famewhoring with Vanity Fair type class and style.  I'm sure that tiny dick of his gets harder every time he thinks of the guest list of people begging to attend his state dinners and the black penned line of refusal he will be able to use.  And he actually is seeing that being taken away from him.  He actually saw the revenge dreams of every picked on kid in every cheap knock off teen movie from the eighties coming true for him and a woman comes along and takes it away.

Plus I still firmly believe that at the core of his running for office is a hatred and a sense that finally he will "beat" President Obama.  There has been a weird tone to his entire run that has been aimed more at President Obama than at Clinton sometimes.  He conflates the two and while often it is as if Clinton had more say than Obama on matters he finds fault with, there were a a couple of weeks leading into the convention when it seemed pretty clear she was going to be his opponent and yet his campaign trail attacks made it sound like he really thought he was running against President Obama seeking another term.  I think part of his scurrying away in 2012 and yet the odd birther pursuit even after was because he knew he could face Obama in a general election and he certainly did not take well to Obama scorning him even as Bin Laden was being taken out.  So another evil genius revenge plot foiled and likely from his view inadvertantly.  He fails to take over the world, foiled by a bunch of women and he can't get a sneak kick in on his enemy who also is a black man (someone put together boardroom scenes from the ordinary Apprentice shows and the way he treated black men there is really kind of eye opening in hindsight) by taking away the Presidency.  Because that may sound odd, but to me that became the goal.  In his eyes I think Hillary was more an annoyance and a slight outrage simply because she is a woman.  But by winning, he was taking the office back from a black man that did not deserve it in his eyes simply because he is black.  I think it shrivels his tiny balls that a black man and now a woman stand to be President and he won't when he has seen that as a true possible chance.  First in his own mind as early as 2000, then a little bit more stronger and yet more fantasy in many ways in 2012 and now so close so terrifyingly close this year.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, MsTree said:

In all fairness, the "system" that got him nominated are his supporters...while the "system" that he claims is rigged is the media.

Pence was selling the "media" rigging today, but Trump thinks its both the press and the actual vote count (just as he complained about the Louisiana primary being rigged. And the Emmys.  I think it's basically "losing = rigged")

Anyway, for example, today he clarified after Pence's interview: "The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD"

I find his tweet about the NC firebombing extremely offensive. I hope he won't get away with it: "Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

And now he thinks he is ready to take the keys to the ultimate people must pay attention to me machine.  He has seen how President Obama and First Lady Michelle have not only captured the admiration and attention of a good part of the nation even with plenty of bad slanted ridiculous attempts to smear them.  But he also notes that all the "cool" kids love to be associated with them. Clooney and the Jay-Z Beyonce Knowles famewhoring but famewhoring with Vanity Fair type class and style.  I'm sure that tiny dick of his gets harder every time he thinks of the guest list of people begging to attend his state dinners and the black penned line of refusal he will be able to use.  And he actually is seeing that being taken away from him.  He actually saw the revenge dreams of every picked on kid in every cheap knock off teen movie from the eighties coming true for him and a woman comes along and takes it away.

Plus I still firmly believe that at the core of his running for office is a hatred and a sense that finally he will "beat" President Obama.  There has been a weird tone to his entire run that has been aimed more at President Obama than at Clinton sometimes.  He conflates the two and while often it is as if Clinton had more say than Obama on matters he finds fault with, there were a a couple of weeks leading into the convention when it seemed pretty clear she was going to be his opponent and yet his campaign trail attacks made it sound like he really thought he was running against President Obama seeking another term.  I think part of his scurrying away in 2012 and yet the odd birther pursuit even after was because he knew he could face Obama in a general election and he certainly did not take well to Obama scorning him even as Bin Laden was being taken out.  So another evil genius revenge plot foiled and likely from his view inadvertantly.  He fails to take over the world, foiled by a bunch of women and he can't get a sneak kick in on his enemy who also is a black man (someone put together boardroom scenes from the ordinary Apprentice shows and the way he treated black men there is really kind of eye opening in hindsight) by taking away the Presidency.  Because that may sound odd, but to me that became the goal.  In his eyes I think Hillary was more an annoyance and a slight outrage simply because she is a woman.  But by winning, he was taking the office back from a black man that did not deserve it in his eyes simply because he is black.  I think it shrivels his tiny balls that a black man and now a woman stand to be President and he won't when he has seen that as a true possible chance.  First in his own mind as early as 2000, then a little bit more stronger and yet more fantasy in many ways in 2012 and now so close so terrifyingly close this year.

Great post. I totally agree, he sometimes seems like he just cannot stand the fact that Obama's out there campaigning for Hillary too. He complains about it every time Obama has a rally (which by the way, are twice as big as his crowds these days). Unfortunately, I feel like I know more about this man than I EVER cared to know, and if there's any genuine core to him, it is his deep-seated racism and misogyny. Forget any kind of philosophy or political beliefs, because I think we know he has none of that. But those two elements have traced every facet of his life.

It's only fitting that he will lose to a strong woman who is succeeding our wildly popular African-American president.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 9