Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

TODAY HOSTS:

It is rude to speak when others are speaking.

Stop rushing the cooking segments.

"SELF ADORATION". The person who posted this up thread nailed it. TODAY is really becoming unwatchable. OK. I feel better.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 2/7/2022 at 10:55 AM, Haleth said:

Does anyone else think when media in general, not just The Today Show, crowns an Olympic athlete the greatest thing ever it’s the kiss of death?  It seems they inevitably fail spectacularly after all the hype. Run, athletes!  Hide!

I’ve heard the saying,When you’re at the top, there’s no where to go but down.  Makes me wonder why Brady doesn’t walk away while still on top.  

Michelle Pfeiffer on today. Now she's on with jimmy fallon. She is 63 years old and absolutely gorgeous! She looks natural and pretty, not like the joker.she must have had a little something done but wow, I'll have what she's having!

• Love 2
(edited)

Jenna had to explain to news woman Hoda when the pandemic started this morning and then Hoda is in an interview with Tricia Yearwood pretending to care about rescue dogs after the mysterious disappearance of her dog, Blake, the second after she adopted her first daughter.  She literally makes me nauseous.

Tricia did make me laugh, though, when she said, “Hoda, there was a pandemic.”

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was watching NBCNewsNow this morning and they were talking about the damn country music awards being on yesterday and it was raining.  Is it just me or is there a country music awards show on approximately every two weeks??  I feel like there was just one on the other day with Dolly Parton.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was watching NBCNewsNow this morning and they were talking about the damn country music awards being on yesterday and it was raining.  Is it just me or is there a country music awards show on approximately every two weeks??  I feel like there was just one on the other day with Dolly Parton.

Agree!!

• Love 1

I looked up Stephanie.  She really is very intelligent and accomplished.  She just seemed to have a bit of sadness about her.  Maybe, she’s just tired.  Her career with three kids and a husband!  Omg, I can’t imagine.  

• Love 2

So this morning, Lidia Bastianich is on, making a frittata omelet with Savannah’s assistance. Lidia is cutting ham slices into matchstick sized pieces and describing what she is doing. Savannah adds excitedly, “that’s Giuliani-ing! I learned that on my cooking show!” 😳

• LOL 2

Was last week’s theme for Hoda and guests host that of female empowerment?  Or do the have that theme every day?  It seemed every day they talked about women feeling insecure, knowing their worth, getting a raise, etc.  I suppose these must be huge issues.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Today Hoda had her office made over by The Home Edit team. I swear Hoda has had her office done over 20 million times dating back to the KLG years. That said, the office did look nice, organized and color coded. I’m not sure how sustainable it is for Hoda though. She’s always been sloppy with both her office and dressing room. 

• Love 1
On 4/25/2022 at 5:04 PM, ByaNose said:

Today Hoda had her office made over by The Home Edit team. I swear Hoda has had her office done over 20 million times dating back to the KLG years. That said, the office did look nice, organized and color coded. I’m not sure how sustainable it is for Hoda though. She’s always been sloppy with both her office and dressing room. 

How’d you like the office makeover they gave Jenna? That was a small office!  

Did anyone see Jenna hosting with a guest co-host a few weeks ago?  I can’t recall her name, but Jenna put her on the spot asking if she followed the show.  The woman was honest, but Jenna went on a tirade about how she was missing out and must follow them ad nauseam.  The guest host was obviously  mortified, yet Jenna would not let it go. It was uncomfortable to watch.  What is wrong with her?  That was odd, imo.  I know Jenna has been out a lot lately, some due to covid, but I also wonder if anything else is going on with her.  

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Jenna hosting with a guest co-host a few weeks ago?  I can’t recall her name, but Jenna put her on the spot asking if she followed the show.  The woman was honest, but Jenna went on a tirade about how she was missing out and must follow them ad nauseam.  The guest host was obviously  mortified, yet Jenna would not let it go. It was uncomfortable to watch.  What is wrong with her?  That was odd, imo.  I know Jenna has been out a lot lately, some due to covid, but I also wonder if anything else is going on with her.  

That was her sister 

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That was her twin sister, Barbara. I actually thought was funny. 

• Love 2

Really enjoyed Stephanie Ruhle on today 4th hour for Jenna. She is super smart and funny. And seems very genuine.

Wonder why the Friday shows are still pre taped? Also wondering if they are going to go back to studio audience, I guess depending on covid. Maybe in September? I actually like the show without the studio audience.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, seasons said:

Really enjoyed Stephanie Ruhle on today 4th hour for Jenna. She is super smart and funny. And seems very genuine.

Wonder why the Friday shows are still pre taped? Also wondering if they are going to go back to studio audience, I guess depending on covid. Maybe in September? I actually like the show without the studio audience.

They’ve pre taped Friday’s for years. I think Hoda likes to bolt after the 7:00 am show on Fridays to get a jump on the weekend. That said, Jenna could still do it live. She only does an hour a day and she lives in NYC but I guess they save money closing up shop early on Friday mornings. Of course, this all pure speculation on my part. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2

Hoda and Jenna fan girling  over Harry Styles was cringeworthy!

A couple of his songs are ok, but he’s a teeny bopper pop singer with a gimmick.  I don’t see him as out of the ordinary or another Elton John or someone with that kind of stying power . 

• Love 3

That outfit that Harry Styles had on made my eyes hurt.  I'm not familiar with his songs but, based on the ones I heard today, I don't get his appeal.   Then again, I'm not a teeny bopper, thank goodness.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, Crashcourse said:

That outfit that Harry Styles had on made my eyes hurt.  I'm not familiar with his songs but, based on the ones I heard today, I don't get his appeal.   Then again, I'm not a teeny bopper, thank goodness.

I agree , but it’s one thing  for kids to be obsessed with him but a woman who is hitting 60 and a woman in her 40’s doing that is cringeworthy!

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

I agree , but it’s one think for kids to be obsessed with him but a woman who is hitting 60 and a woman in her 40’s doing that is cringeworthy!

Hoda seems a bit 'desperate" to me...she is constantly talking about how Hot various men are & how she is going to have a "Hot Girl Summer"...I too did not understand the adoring of Harry Styles, it was bad enough when Hoda salivated over Blake Shelton.  Why dont her girlfriends tell her to 'chill out" & just be a single Mom for awhile, why the desperate search to find another man?  Just curious to me

• Love 2
On 5/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Hoda seems a bit 'desperate" to me...she is constantly talking about how Hot various men are & how she is going to have a "Hot Girl Summer"...I too did not understand the adoring of Harry Styles, it was bad enough when Hoda salivated over Blake Shelton.  Why dont her girlfriends tell her to 'chill out" & just be a single Mom for awhile, why the desperate search to find another man?  Just curious to me

Hoda is in her mid-50s but acts like a sorority girl with little self awareness. I get the feeling she is trying to relive her youth because it seems that she probably was so driven in her youth that she feels she missed out. Now we get stuck with a woman older than me who talks like my college daughter. 

• Love 2

Hoda is more like in her late 50s.  How do I know?  We share the same exact birthday and will be 58 this year.   I do think she looks great for "our" age, but she does act a bit goofy to me.  

• Love 2

I know Jenna was headed out for a special story about Fleet Week and airing from USS Bataan but in light of the horrible tragedy in her home state I wonder if that will be held off. Jenna being a former teacher will probably hit hard by it. Such awful news and heartache for all the families involved. 

On 5/24/2022 at 8:43 PM, ByaNose said:

I know Jenna was headed out for a special story about Fleet Week and airing from USS Bataan but in light of the horrible tragedy in her home state I wonder if that will be held off. Jenna being a former teacher will probably hit hard by it. Such awful news and heartache for all the families involved. 

By now, you probably know they did do the story. I do wonder if they cut it down due to the other news.

On a lighter note, I noticed Jenna not knowing how to pronounce “ingenue” during a segment last week, and the rest of the cast needling her a little about it.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Rickster said:

By now, you probably know they did do the story. I do wonder if they cut it down due to the other news.

On a lighter note, I noticed Jenna not knowing how to pronounce “ingenue” during a segment last week, and the rest of the cast needling her a little about it.

Edited by ByaNose
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It always blows my mind that she was a school teacher. She can’t properly pronounce many words. Now she’s on tv making millions and still can’t pronounce many words. It makes me cringe when she says says that Dolly Pardon is her favorite country singer. It’s frickin Dolly Parton you dumba**. Go back to school and let how to annunciate and pronounce the English language please. LOL!!!! 

It equally blows my mind that Whoopi says her mom was a teacher and now we have Whoopi 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think even Jenna, who is no Mensa member herself, is getting frustrated with Honda’s stupidity.  This morning Jenna was saying she didn’t understand the wearing white thing only between Memorial Day and Labor Day.  Hoda disputes that that’s a thing and says, “But look at you!  You’re wearing white on Memorial Day!”  To which Jenna wisely responds, “What???”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm not giving my thoughts on the Depp/Heard situation but I think its rather interesting that Savannah is the one doing all these interviews for this mess when it was revealed her husband was a consult for Depps legal team this entire time. And by interesting I mean ethically dubious. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Hey, Jenna could you stop yelling?! It’s only 10am & some of like our piece & quiet in the morning. Jeez!

I know how you feel. I have to mute the plaza crowd screaming who they are and where they are from in unison every time “WE’RE FROM TUSCAN ARIZONA, CELEBRATING MY 55TH BIRTHDAY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”  Way too early for that kind of enthusiasm. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, seasons said:

I didn't like the vibe I got from Savannah during this interview. Felt like she had an agenda to me and didn't feel like neutral journalism. Jmo.

I agree her tone was so weird and off putting and the way she looked at Amber you could tell she wasn't even trying to be neutral at all. She seemed desperate to have her own "gotcha" moment with Amber and it made me side eye her real hard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I have to mute the plaza crowd screaming who they are and where they are from in unison every time “WE’RE FROM TUSCAN ARIZONA, CELEBRATING MY 55TH BIRTHDAY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”  Way too early for that kind of enthusiasm. 

Yes...a bit too much caffeine for that hour. Yikes!!! 😮😬😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Today Savannah asked how to make wine ice cubes. 

I didn’t know wine would freeze either so it’s not such a dumb question. 

• Love 1

Lizzo knocked it out of the park today with her live performances! What a way to kick off the weekend!    Love that lady. I must see her live.  This is one more show I must see this year.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2