Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

It’s the adoption link that has those two so mushy toward each other. Hoda just can’t talk anything adoption or babies without losing it. I think she’s found a similarly over emotional friend in Sandra. Imagine having to be one of Hoda’s BFFs. Must be constant  talk of babies and hoda crying tears of joy. I’d go nuts after a while!

I honestly can’t  stand her babbling and blubbering over Haley Joy and adoption anymore !

I get that it’s a huge deal to her , but every parent feels that way about this child, especially if they were told couldn’t have children .

Geeze, Bobbie who I used to like on the show until “Donnadorable”(gag at the nickname) came on, had so much trouble getting pregnant and went through so much to have her baby physically with treatments , but she still didn’t act at all like she was the only woman on earth to have a baby !

I know Hoda is supposedly beloved , but I find her annoying , dumb , phony with her fake smile , and self centered !

When she had breast cancer , I thought she had treatment and chemo! The way she constantly had to be the face of cancer and make videos with kids and talk about it endlessly ,  I was shocked that she had a surgery to remove her lump, and had no other treatment !

I am no way saying that it wasn’t traumatic , but she always acts like her situation needs to be talked about non stop and she has to be the “face” of the cause !

Now the corny stories and “deep” moments are annoying when it come to  her baby !  

I am beginning to appreciate Jenna Bush Hager because she doesn’t act like she’s some deep philosopher because she had a kid !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Too much of tv personality’s personal lives on display.  I really don’t give a sh*t.   Sorry!

I agree, but sometimes there is no choice when you have host chat or talking about themselves is part of the show.    The problem is when they think we all care to hear every detail of their baby's lives or other things like that.  It's like when someone shows you photos and videos of their kids and thinks you are as thrilled as they are, as they go on and on!

• Love 5
(edited)

I believe there is an inverse relationship between the quality of Universal movies and how much the Today Show promotes it.  The more interviews, taped pieces, and discussions about the movie, the crappier it is.  You can bet that Ocean's 8 is absolute garbage.

Kathi Lee's slobbering over Craig Ferguson was embarrassing.  Prepare for lots of talk about her movie when she gets back.  (See above: quality vs time spent talking about it.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
On 2018-06-08 at 7:52 AM, Haleth said:

I believe there is an inverse relationship between the quality of Universal movies and how much the Today Show promotes it.  The more interviews, taped pieces, and discussions about the movie, the crappier it is.  You can bet that Ocean's 8 is absolute garbage.

Kathi Lee's slobbering over Craig Ferguson was embarrassing.  Prepare for lots of talk about her movie when she gets back.  (See above: quality vs time spent talking about it.)

Mixed reviews for Ocean’s 8.  The level of Botox in that movie is astounding (judging by the clips).

I can hardly wait to hear more about Kathi Lee’s movie!  ???. How does she get a movie made?  Is she financing it?

• Love 1

Didn't Hoda get a raise?  I used to admire that she would re-wear her outfits -- relatable and normal, just like the rest of us -- but seeing the same stuff weekly, sometimes daily?  That bracelet, those earrings, that shirt!!!!  What was admirable is becoming odd.......

8 hours ago, Dakisela said:

Didn't Hoda get a raise?  I used to admire that she would re-wear her outfits -- relatable and normal, just like the rest of us -- but seeing the same stuff weekly, sometimes daily?  That bracelet, those earrings, that shirt!!!!  What was admirable is becoming odd.......

Doesn’t the network supply wardrobe?

3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Doesn’t the network supply wardrobe?

I thought so too, but Hoda has told KLG that her Mother, Sami, often buys her clothes & mails them to her & Hoda likes them so much she just wears the same things over & over. 

4 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought so too, but Hoda has told KLG that her Mother, Sami, often buys her clothes & mails them to her & Hoda likes them so much she just wears the same things over & over. 

That's all very well, but you would think that TPTB would make her change once in a while!  LOL

• Love 1

I hate to say this, but Jenna Bush is the most tolerable host now on the fourth hour of Today!    Hoda is less sappy without Kathie Lee, but she is very goofy and over the top silly.    Her non stop giggling like a 12 year old and fake gushing and enthusiasm is nauseating!  

Kathie lee is posting videos of herself hanging on Craig Ferguson like she's his real girlfriend, and it's not like they are filming in character.  She is really pathetic and desperate.  She actually wrote a movie and purposely made it in  the country where Craig is from, and also made herself his love interest!   Gross.    The guy is married,  and he's really raunchy to the point where it's not funny, just gross.    But somehow holy roller Kathie Lee  has this made crush on him, and is hanging on him with both hands on his arm, like she's his lover for real.   What a way to live out her sick fantasy!    

Then again, "christian" Kathie Lee was 'friends' with Frank when he was still married, and I remember his ex-wife spoke about how Kathie Lee was after him and would go out with him to events as 'friends', and then he eventually dumped his wife!  So maybe she thinks she can do that again?   Only problem, is, she's not the younger, more attractive woman now.   She is botoxed, anorexic looking and tries way to hard to look young!

• Love 9

UGH today is national "selfie" day.  We all know what that means!  Hoda has a picture on the show's instagram account with her giant mouth open wide, and smiling that insane grin, and looking as fake and over the top as can be!  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Craig Ferguson like she's his real girlfriend, and it's not like they are filming in character.  She is really pathetic and desperate.  She actually wrote a movie and purposely made it in  the country where Craig is from, and also made herself his love interest!   Gross.    The guy is married,  and he's really raunchy to the point where it's not funny, just gross.   

I don't get the crush on Craig Ferguson.  I guess there's someone for everyone!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I don't get the crush on Craig Ferguson.  I guess there's someone for everyone!

Except for the fact that Craig already has 'someone" and a child, but that never stopped Kathie Lee the " Christian" before!

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Except for the fact that Craig already has 'someone" and a child, but that never stopped Kathie Lee the " Christian" before!

Kathi Lee is playing his mother, right?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, orangekit said:

I hate to say this, but Jenna Bush is the most tolerable host now on the fourth hour of Today!    Hoda is less sappy without Kathie Lee, but she is very goofy and over the top silly.    Her non stop giggling like a 12 year old and fake gushing and enthusiasm is nauseating!  

Kathie lee is posting videos of herself hanging on Craig Ferguson like she's his real girlfriend, and it's not like they are filming in character.  She is really pathetic and desperate.  She actually wrote a movie and purposely made it in  the country where Craig is from, and also made herself his love interest!   Gross.    The guy is married,  and he's really raunchy to the point where it's not funny, just gross.    But somehow holy roller Kathie Lee  has this made crush on him, and is hanging on him with both hands on his arm, like she's his lover for real.   What a way to live out her sick fantasy!    

Then again, "christian" Kathie Lee was 'friends' with Frank when he was still married, and I remember his ex-wife spoke about how Kathie Lee was after him and would go out with him to events as 'friends', and then he eventually dumped his wife!  So maybe she thinks she can do that again?   Only problem, is, she's not the younger, more attractive woman now.   She is botoxed, anorexic looking and tries way to hard to look young!

ITA about Jenna Bush....I like her a lot when she is a Co-host, she is very natural and comfortable on-air and just very friendly.  The other day, Hoda was having a giggling fit, I don't know what was wrong with her, she could not even talk, and Jenna was holding it together & carrying on the show.  Maybe Hoda had too much wine to drink, or needed some sleep?!   And gross about Craig Ferguson, I don't care for him...when he Co-hosted with KLG, I found him un-pleasant & raunchy.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Kathi Lee is playing his mother, right?

She should , but I think she’s loving out her fantasy of being his love interest ! I hope he laughs her off and makes her feel like the horny old fool she is !  

For someone who posts bible quotes all day and talks about her faith non stop , and is very judgmental , she is nothing more than  an old, horny drunk, who is once again chasing a married man who has a child .

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

ITA about Jenna Bush....I like her a lot when she is a Co-host, she is very natural and comfortable on-air and just very friendly.  The other day, Hoda was having a giggling fit, I don't know what was wrong with her, she could not even talk, and Jenna was holding it together & carrying on the show.  Maybe Hoda had too much wine to drink, or needed some sleep?!   And gross about Craig Ferguson, I don't care for him...when he Co-hosted with KLG, I found him un-pleasant & raunchy.

Hoda is a buffoon ! I have tried very hard to ignore her stupid comments , over the top, fake enthusiasm, obnoxious fake grin , and her incompetence as a “journalist “, because she seems a like nice person, but now she’s just almost unwatchable!

She’s less corny and sappy without Kathie Lee, but she’s now just plain silly and that giggling was not only annoying, but shen showed what a fake she really is !  Normally she acts like any quote ny any celebrity is so wonderful and deep, her giggling fit not only rude, but showed her as very unprofessional!

Edited by Sandi33
  • Love 4

I used to like and respect Hoda, but the nonstop hilarity, especially in the first two hours, is troubling. For one thing, when all are crosstalking and laughing it just eats up so much time with nothing of value for the audience. Secondly, hilarity in juxtaposition with some of the more appalling news stories seems ill-considered.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

when all are crosstalking and laughing it just eats up so much time with nothing of value for the audience.

They have nothing to say!  Hence, the giggling & goofing around.

• Love 3

I get that "Today" was excited to be the first show to have two female co-anchors, and I suppose that's laudable, but honestly, I wish they would replace Hoda with Craig Melvin. He's delightful, measured, and funny. Willie's great too, but I get that he's busy with "Morning Joe" at that time.

• Love 7
(edited)

That was boring with Hoda and Christian Slater and I'm guessing it was taped.

I just wanted to see the makeovers and now all of them look the same.

I'm done!

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, goldenpuppy said:

I honestly can’t  stand her babbling and blubbering over Haley Joy and adoption anymore !

Oh I know. We get it, Hoda has a kid. We get it.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2

I've said this before but it's really too bad that I can't stand to listen to Craig Melvin's hoarse, high voice because (aside from that nitpick) I do think he'd make a great replacement for Hoda.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I've said this before but it's really too bad that I can't stand to listen to Craig Melvin's hoarse, high voice because (aside from that nitpick) I do think he'd make a great replacement for Hoda.

Craig's voice is a bit high, but the voice that really grates for me is Miguel Almaguer. Everything is so sing-songy and over-enunciated with him.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ombelico said:

Craig's voice is a bit high, but the voice that really grates for me is Miguel Almaguer. Everything is so sing-songy and over-enunciated with him.

Funny, I never noticed Almaguer's voice before.  Now, thanks to you, the next time I hear him I'll be annoyed. ; > )  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ombelico said:

... & I always think it's a treat when he's the host of NBC news.  He seems so dedicated, so ...

• Love 1

I like Craig in general  mostly because he’s not silly, but he does voice his opinions on news stories & I don’t like that. They are newsreaders, this isn’t his cable show.

• Love 2

What is the fascination with Meghan Trainer? She rights cute, catchy , fun music for young kids .  But you would think that she is some major deep songwriter ! “All about the base “ and. “ Your mamma taught you better than that”, are NOT great songwriting examples !  And she looks ridicilous with her pink hair !

Actually seeing 50 something year odd gushing over Ariana Grande’s engagement or Meghan Trainer is embarrassing!

Hoda’s over the top gushing and fake expressions is just nauseating!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandi33 said:

What is the fascination with Meghan Trainer? She rights cute, catchy , fun music for young kids .  But you would think that she is some major deep songwriter ! “All about the base “ and. “ Your mamma taught you better than that”, are NOT great songwriting examples !  And she looks ridicilous with her pink hair !

Actually seeing 50 something year odd gushing over Ariana Grande’s engagement or Meghan Trainer is embarrassing!

Hoda’s over the top gushing and fake expressions is just nauseating!

Yes it’s odd seeing a 50-something woman acting like a teenager with her fascination with certain musicians.  I’m more than 10 years younger than her and am old enough and cranky enough to have no appreciation for my kids’ current music choices. I don’t know if it’s hodas “job” to keep current with the music scene or if she’s that musically “in the know” by choice. I do like seeing KLGs WTF face when Honda sings along to one of her new favs. I’m pretty sure Jenna, who is 15 years younger, even listens to that stuff. 

I think TPTB need to decide who hoda is supposed to be...serious newswoman or an all fun and games talk show host. Just have her in hour 4 with KLG where they can spend the hour drinking, laughing at stuff the audience can’t see, throwing Donna in our faces (because she’s sooo adorable) , and talking about pop culture (because pop culture is best articulated by women of their age ya know.) There are plenty of talented people who can take Hodas place. 

• Love 4

I agree. NBC has to decide if Hoda is going to be a newsperson or a fluff show host with KLG. Seems to me their 4th hour show has run its course anyway. Two fifty-plus women playing "never have I ever" is ridiculous. Klg is gone for the summer doing her silly movie. Just end it already.

plus Hoda  does a show on Sirius radio. That's a lot of jobs. Must make it hard to see her baby.

• Love 4

I think shenille used the word “everything” to describe various foods and other items 5 times just in the fourth hour alone. Although I did appreciate not joining in with hoda when hoda did her annoying “whhhatttt?!?!”

i think I need to remove this show from my DVR. It just gets on my nerves. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I think shenille used the word “everything” to describe various foods and other items 5 times just in the fourth hour alone. Although I did appreciate not joining in with hoda when hoda did her annoying “whhhatttt?!?!”

i think I need to remove this show from my DVR. It just gets on my nerves. 

The ratings for Fourth Hour were allegedly down by nearly 20% this past season.  I wonder how low they have gotten with KLG away and Hoda trying to carry the show with these dreadful co-hosts.  

• Love 4

Every single day they have to reference that it is Meghan Trainor that wrote the 2nd intro, whether there is a guest host or not. Genius marketing on her part, she gets a free plug EVERY DAY.

• Love 1

The ratings for Fourth Hour were allegedly down by nearly 20% this past season.  I wonder how low they have gotten with KLG away and Hoda trying to carry the show with these dreadful co-hosts.  

The third hour ratings were stable when Sheinelle co-hosted with Al and Dylan and she's been cohost of the Saturday edition for around three years.  There's one reason, and one reason only imo for the fourth hour's ratings slide and she most likely gets a shit load more money than Sheinelle, Hoda, Savannah and about every other host on Today.

• Love 1

Ugh, I wonder how long we're going to hear about Kathie Lee's movie vanity project?  And this is going to be in theaters?  Who would green light this awful stuff?  Is the world clamoring to see KL on the big screen?  I can't believe she even wrote the music to it.  If her "everyone has a story" music is any indication, it's going to be horrible.

17 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

There's one reason, and one reason only imo for the fourth hour's ratings slide and she most likely gets a shit load more money than Sheinelle, Hoda, Savannah and about every other host on Today.

I think you are right.  Have Megan's ratings improved at all?

Ugh, I wonder how long we're going to hear about Kathie Lee's movie vanity project?

Since I think she said there were going to be 17 weeks of editing, probably every damn week day of those 17 weeks.

13 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ugh, I wonder how long we're going to hear about Kathie Lee's movie vanity project?  And this is going to be in theaters? 

I have always expected that it would be sold to a basic cable company.  Doesnt seem Lifetime-y or Hallmark-y.  So I was thinking UP.

4 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

Since I think she said there were going to be 17 weeks of editing, probably every damn week day of those 17 weeks.

She also mentioned there were 53 hours of content, to be winnowed down to 90-100 minutes.

It's also never a good sign when you have to subtitle one of the *stars* when he is giving his testimonial.

• Love 2