Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Wrath / S02.E15: North

• Start Topic

TWO PART SEASON FINALE!

First, Wrath:

Travis is thrown off by new refugees; Nick must decide if he's going to stay at the Colonia with Luciana or leave.

and then North:

When Travis' rage causes unrest at the hotel, Madison has to choose whether or not she will stand by him; Nick becomes leader of the Colonia as Narcos close in.

The death of Chris seems so odd for this show or the mother-ship.   Has anyone ever died from an accident?  A main character?   It seems like they were building up to something, and then just lost the plot for this character (not that I'm complaining, exactly).

• Love 14

And i thought Madison made some dumb decisions this past season.. Nick just led an entire village to their(presumed) deaths wtf..

Thanks for playing the survival game Chris, too bad you dont get to continue

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

Maddy and Travis are the worst. Alicia too. Both Andres and Oscar are now dead because of these idiots. Unbelievable. I hope this isn't the last of Victor though, love him. 

There was no need for Travis to kill the BrosAmigo in a locked room. I am not sure what exactly tipped off Travis that Chris was killed by the Bros?

It was nice that Maddie agreed to follow the rules that she set out about violence. Her daughter kills Andres, the medical student & Travis kills 2 Bros. When will these people ever learn?

I noticed that Travis crashed through the hotel gates. In season 1, they didn't bother closing the gates to their neighborhood. I assume that a walker hoard killed their neighbors in LA. Now, a Mexican walker hoard will probably invade the hotel. Sigh......

• Love 6

Last week, someone here predicted Chris was going to die in the finale because the actor was probably hiding a fresh haircut under his hipster hat on TD.  Wow, first-rate speculation!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

The death of Chris seems so odd for this show or the mother-ship.   Has anyone ever died from an accident?  A main character?   It seems like they were building up to something, and then just lost the plot for this character (not that I'm complaining, exactly).

Chris didn't have a drivers license. He wasn't paying attention & crashed the car. I am shocked that the 2 Bros were not killed in the accident.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

There was no need for Travis to kill the BrosAmigo in a locked room. I am not sure what exactly tipped off Travis that Chris was killed by the Bros?

The DoucheBros first said that Chris jacked his neck from going through the windshield, and then they said that they pulled Chris from the wreckage -- and that got Travis to thinking they were full of shit.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I kind of resent the way we gringos are coming across in this show. Even in the ZA, we're assholes?

The US border patrol with helicopters sounds like an interesting premise. I would have set up the cars at the border as a blockade.

I have zero idea where they're going. Is this gonna be a show where everyone stays split up? I can barely care for any of them individually I can only hope to root for them as a group. Strand I'd keep. I knew Chris was a goner from the haircut last week. Did they ever put the poor wedding mom out of her misery? Now she's really pissed. And of course my dvr didn't start the second episode. I don't think I missed anything.  Sigh. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, the Border Patrol is still on the lookout for illegals from Mexico.  Really ?

Don't they have bigger concerns ?

It's probably a renegade group of ex military types. The helicopters were interesting. I remember in the Season 1 finale, there were helicopters evacuating LA & heading to an air force base. Perhaps this is another group of evacuees?

• Love 2

So, after all the build-up with him, it was all just to have Chris die thanks to a random driving accident, and being "put down" by the Evil Frat Bros. I guess it was to show that he really was just a moron to eve think he could hang with those guys?  Or more likely, just to finally have Travis flip his lid and murder though guys, all while accidentally taking out Oscar too (I missed that part.  Was he the one he Travis slammed his head into the glass counter?).  Either way, I'm not sure what was the point of ever being invested in him.  At least the actor is on Agents of SHIELD now.

Anyway, now Travis, Madison, and Alicia are one big killer family, who bail from the hotel, because of what happened to Oscar, plus even Alicia gets in on the action by killing Andres to save Travis.  Their mission?  Find Nick!  Yay!!!!  That was sarcasm.

Nick though has apparently just led "his people" into a war with a border patrol, so his go at being a leader is off to a very rocky start.  Luciana better survive that gunshot.  Danay Garcia is too gorgeous to get killed off now (even looks good covered in walker blood!)

Strand decides to stay at the hotel?  They know he helped the rest escape, so does he expect he can talk his way out of it?  Well, I guess he is Strand.  Plus, I kind of don't blame him.  At this point, he might have better luck with the hotel guests, compared to whatever Madison and the rest end up causing.

Ofelia just wonders around and is now captured by some sniper played by Dayton Callie.  Maybe he's part of a group made up of former Deadwood actors, which would be awesome.  Then again, Kim Dickens was on Deadwood, and she's..... well, not faring very well here.

Alejandro ends up being a fraud, but at least takes out the stereotypical gangster out, before he dies.  But this show seems to have a habit of killing off characters played by better actors, like Ruben Blades and now Paul Calderon.  Then again, maybe it is for the best.  Don't want them having to slum in this for too long!

So, the season ends, and pretty much everyone is separated, and I'm not sure I care about any of the potential future storylines, except how will Strand somehow convince the hotel guests not to kick him out too.

• Love 6

Totally random observation, but I'm a teacher and there's a student in one of the classes I support that looks exactly like Chris. It's weird. Fortunately, the student doesn't appear to be psychotic.

I'm very disappointed the group lost Strand in this finale. I would rather have lost Travis or Madison if Show had to weed down the number of adults.

• Love 5

Lots of gore during these episodes and they made up for having no walkers last week. I don't know, I didn't like Chris dying that way. Of course in real life people might die in an accident, but most of the shows deaths are meaningful in some way. I didn't mind Travis killing the bros, they were bad news. I would think if they survived they would join the 'claimed' guys  Darryl was involved with. 

Wonder if the group will remain separated next time around.

• Love 4

Ummm, how did Alicia teleport from the far side of the blond guy holding her and Maddie back (behind Travis and on Maddie's left side) to standing in front of Maddie with her knife plunged into Andreas' chest in the second or so it took him to raise his arm?  And why did she knife him anyway, if he was already moving the gun away from Travis?  That whole sequence of events made absolutely no sense to me. 

I'm so sick of watching folks running around Mexico in what must be May by now in hoodies, windbreakers, leather and jean jackets. 

Chris' death was the one truly satisfying, Karma is a bitch kind of death. As for the rest of it, I'm sure I was meant to feel something, but I felt as blank as the faces of Travis, Maddie, and Alicia as they drove away from yet another perfectly good place they'd managed to ruin. 

• Love 9

I was hoping that Chris was going to start a trend with his Dad and his Step_mom, etc. that they too would flip a truck and become dead... but no such luck.   Nick has perfected the "camouflage us from the walkers by putting zombie blood on the forehead" (or 5 head in his case, yuk yuk, yuk)  and promotes this will all of the villagers.... so you don't actually have to do the entrails around the neck thing?  Oh, good to know.  So easy a 6 year old could do it.... and does!

• Love 3

Um...when they were trying to open the door so Travi didnt go all ape shit on those cornpones....they were knocking on the door??!!

WTF!! It was a GLAAAASS PAAANEL DOOOOR

Then they ran to find keys? OMGOMGOMG lolol idiots

So glad this joke is over....wow

• Love 17
48 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The DoucheBros first said that Chris jacked his neck from going through the windshield, and then they said that they pulled Chris from the wreckage -- and that got Travis to thinking they were full of shit.

OK, but they could have made up a story about Chris getting shot by bandits. They didn't have much time to concoct a story.

Why did we never see Ophelia again after she got captured by Wayne Unser?  I've gotten used to Alicia, Maddie and Strand together, so I hated to see that end.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, after all the build-up with him, it was all just to have Chris die thanks to a random driving accident, and being "put down" by the Evil Frat Bros. I guess it was to show that he really was just a moron to eve think he could hang with those guys?  Or more likely, just to finally have Travis flip his lid and murder though guys, all while accidentally taking out Oscar too (I missed that part.  Was he the one he Travis slammed his head into the glass counter?).  Either way, I'm not sure what was the point of ever being invested in him.  At least the actor is on Agents of SHIELD now.

Anyway, now Travis, Madison, and Alicia are one big killer family, who bail from the hotel, because of what happened to Oscar, plus even Alicia gets in on the action by killing Andres to save Travis.  Their mission?  Find Nick!  Yay!!!!  That was sarcasm.

Nick though has apparently just led "his people" into a war with a border patrol, so his go at being a leader is off to a very rocky start.  Luciana better survive that gunshot.  Danay Garcia is too gorgeous to get killed off now (even looks good covered in walker blood!)

Strand decides to stay at the hotel?  They know he helped the rest escape, so does he expect he can talk his way out of it?  Well, I guess he is Strand.  Plus, I kind of don't blame him.  At this point, he might have better luck with the hotel guests, compared to whatever Madison and the rest end up causing.

Ofelia just wonders around and is now captured by some sniper played by Dayton Callie.  Maybe he's part of a group made up of former Deadwood actors, which would be awesome.  Then again, Kim Dickens was on Deadwood, and she's..... well, not faring very well here.

Alejandro ends up being a fraud, but at least takes out the stereotypical gangster out, before he dies.  But this show seems to have a habit of killing off characters played by better actors, like Ruben Blades and now Paul Calderon.  Then again, maybe it is for the best.  Don't want them having to slum in this for too long!

So, the season ends, and pretty much everyone is separated, and I'm not sure I care about any of the potential future storylines, except how will Strand somehow convince the hotel guests not to kick him out too.

I don't know how Strand will get along with the hotel survivors.

I think it doesn't make sense that the Costco gang got overrun by the Walkers, They had weapons & could have shot each walker. They could have also outrun them

• Love 3

All the Costco Gang had to do was stand on the Short Bus and fire from all sides...guess the apocalypse starts with everyone losing their common sense 

Idjuts

Edited by Christi
  • Love 6

Did we not say that Nick's "saviour" schtick was going to get those people killed? Thanks for nothing Nick.

Can't say I'm terribly sad about Chris dying although with his villain arc, if it came down to choice between him and Nick, I'd have kept Chris on the show.

So now Alicia's a killer too? She should've stayed with Strand, her mother is going to get her killed while she runs around looking for Nick.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 6

Chris was a shit, but didn't deserve to be killed by those assholebros who are played by the actor in that awful Footloose remake and the humorless db that was on The Talking Dead, a few weeks back.

• Love 3

A few observations:

When Nick and his backup arrive at Cholo Costco, we see that Nick has put some zombie goo on his shirt and a few streaks on his face. However it seems his companion was not about to mess up his good looks with that crap. There was possibly a little goo on his dark brown hoodie but it is indiscernible.

Given that they immediately marched those two freshly bitten people to be eaten alive, it makes no sense that someone in the infirmary was sick enough to die and turn.

So Alejandro was a fraud, but the explanation was very unclear. Was the boy Lucy saw bite him not a walker at the time, just a drug addict? 

I watched that car scene with Ophelia several times and I swear production just went back on forth willy nilly with the driver's side door being open or closed.

Of course Madison promises someone else's car to some rude gringos just for her own benefit.

After Alicia stabs the brother, Strand tells everyone to get out. So those hotel residents chill long enough for Madison and gang to pack a load of stuff, run down many, many flights of stairs (we witnessed Travis running downstairs to confront the bromigos) and commandeer a nice SUV with keys in it before we even hear the hotel residents coming down to see what up.  

Again cholos with guns get taken down easily.

I have no excitement for the border patrol militia.

Hopefully no more whining from Travis.

• Love 2

Nits to pick:  They are in a hotel with comfortable beds.  Travis sleeps on a loveseat instead.  Is this how he is punishing himself for leaving Chris?

We actually start with zombies trying to hurt someone.  There is a moment of the titular fear.  Don’t worry.  Bad ass O-O-felia takes them out easily and can casually walk away from the pack following her.

Douchebros continue to be extra loud douchebros wherever they are.  So smart.

Nick needs almost no blood to fool the walkers, thereby proving his natural stank is so bad there is no way anyone would bed him. 

Alejandro is so walker focused he does not tie down sick people in the infirmary.  Because letting walkers (roamers, meanderers) do what they do always works out well for the living.

Nick chooses to pack several books in his bag because in the ZA you want to travel heavy. 

I have had a shoulder reset before.  That wasn’t even a good fake re-location of a shoulder. 

Maddie can’t figure out how to break into a glass door.  She is an idiot.  At least Travis figured out he could throw someone through the glass. 

• Love 13

Aww Chris. I wasn't expecting him to die this episode, or even be in this episode. I thought there was potential for more with the character when he went villain.  But really it was fitting for him to die by those idiots he went with and helped kill his other friend for the same reason. It made him show what an idiot he was with his choices instead of staying with his dad. 

Travis beating to death the San Diego boys I get, but having no remorse for killing Oscar seemed odd. Like he didn't acknowledge it at all really.

Alicia and Madison spent all season building up this hotel and protecting it and Travis comes in a ruins the entire thing for them in a span of hours forcing them to have to leave.

Nick's thinking the US has military or helicopters flying in and out of a base and they wouldn't secure the border? I kept thinking they couldn't just walk across there had to be something preventing the base from not being overrun from people seeing it like Nick. 

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Travis beating to death the San Diego boys I get, but having no remorse for killing Oscar seemed odd. Like he didn't acknowledge it at all really.

Chris Hardwick brought this up and basically laughed in Kirkman's face about it. But what was really funny was looking at the faces of Chris & Alycia during the exchange. They looked scared to death although Kirkman just laughed it off.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JLG said:

Why did we never see Ophelia again after she got captured by Wayne Unser?  I've gotten used to Alicia, Maddie and Strand together, so I hated to see that end.

She gets cancer and the only way for her to die is to sacrifice herself to save the life of an undeserving character.  I finally looked at Madison's IMDB page and saw that she was on Sons of Anarchy and Deadwood. I don't remember her from the later but I remembered her in SOA as the hooker that Jax sleeps with to get over his mommy issues.  She seems to be very forgettable.  When she tried to get Travis to stop killing the guys that got Chris killed, she used the same tone of voice that I use when I scold my dog for ripping a toy in two and getting stuffing all over the place.

I think I'm finally done with this show.  The only person I like is Strand and that's because that is a voice I would listen to even if he was just reading a phone book.  I'm not going to even hate watch it because I don't care about anything in this show.  I felt my time would've been better spent trying to finish the last season of Lost and I've been trying to do that for the past 4 years.  I'm just going to hope that Colman Domingo starts narrating audio books.

• Love 4

And that’s why we can’t have nice things like a hotel with water and electricity.  Thanks, Travis, for finding your inner rage at the worst possible moment. 

Okay, so the big bads could walk through the crowd of walkers and even let themselves be surrounded but still get to the school bus with no losses.  However, they could not handle the slowest moving walkers ever when they got into town.  This show has the most conveniently inept walkers ever.  Travis and Maddie stood here staring at them, letting them get really close, but could then get far enough ahead of them that they weren’t worried at all while Maddie questioned dying guy.  Travis even stood with his back to the open bus door.  They are too stupid to live.

And the white junkie shall lead them , to the slaughter, that is. 

• Love 13

If Colman Domingo is truly gone I'm gonna have to think long and hard about Season three. I really don't care about Madison and her family nor Ofelia.

Strand in the first season was the reason I watched the second season. His character interested me.

It will have become one of those shows I can let go and not care.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

But what was really funny was looking at the faces of Chris & Alycia during the exchange. They looked scared to death although Kirkman just laughed it off.

The actor who plays Chris was definitely walking on eggshells on the last two Talking Dead shows.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, the Border Patrol is still on the lookout for illegals from Mexico.  Really ?

Nah, it's wacked out, redneck minutemen with low IQs and desert fried brains playing vigilante army soldier men.

Glad Chris got shot down like the dog he'd become. I wish they had shown him begging. Look at the flowers Chris, look at the flowers.

The real loss to the group...no more ice machines on every floor

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

The Bros and militiamen are clearly set up as ugly Americans. But the writing is so weak I can't tell if we are also supposed to see the main cast as tough survivors or ugly Americans as well. Nick with his white savior act. (Alejandro gave a hell of a Crispin's Day speech. I would have followed him.) Maddie with the tons of privilege that allows her to blithely sacrifice the fate of the group for Nick. I'm going with ugly American.

Why the hell did Nick think they would be welcomed with open arms?

Glad that Strand stayed at the hotel. He probably added years to his life. Can't wait to see what crazy ass series of coincidences the writers will come up with to reunite him, Nick and Travis/Maddie/Alicia. Actually, I think I can wait.

Speaking of inevitable reunions, the Ofelia plot is so puzzling. She abandons the group, gets a backstory and then wanders around the desert for the rest of the season. It seems like the waste of a lot of airtime. (Although I'm not sure the writers could come up with anything better to fill it.)

I laughed when the bro hit Travis in the back with the chair. That was some straight up WWE shit.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Glad that Strand stayed at the hotel. He probably added years to his life. Can't wait to see what crazy ass series of coincidences the writers will come up with to reunite him, Nick and Travis/Maddie/Alicia. Actually, I think I can wait.

Now that the family of fools has broken down the gate, all it takes is a tide change for the hotel to be completely overrun.  After the hotel falls, Strand decides to go after Maddie et al because he has caught their infectious stupidity.  Sure, others would stay with other hotel survivors. But Strand just can't quit this hapless group of ragey losers.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I rolled my eyes at this plot, not gonna lie. And I imagine it won't be border patrol, but racist dudes that hate Mexicans and maybe even blame them for the outbreak or something stupid like that. Ugh.

4 hours ago, MostlyContent said:

I don't know what the original plan was, if they had any, but I think that Chris dying actually fits into the story they were telling at least this last half season. Like I said in a thread for the previous episode, it felt like to me like the story was more Travis' than Chris', it felt like it was his point of view that we were seeing. Plus, I didn't see much they could do with Chris at this point, given the place they put him in.

Still, I did find the death odd, too. It was odd that it was seen through such subjective narrators, like we didn't see the scene in an objective way. In fact, the dudes just say that they had to kill him and, to me, the "flashback" we saw wasn't really a proper one, but what Travis imagined happened. It was no coincidence, in my opinion, that Chris just so happened to have the same wound as the other guy the dudes killed, in his thigh. If it was another show I might wonder if they were pulling one on us and Chris didn't really die (even if the dudes did try to kill him, I don't know), but in this show apparently people die weird deaths that seem open ended, but actually aren't. Like Celia and Ruben Blades. I don't even remember at this point what happened to them exactly, but I remember wondering if they were really dead because IIRC we don't see them properly die... and nothing. Not a word about them.

Speaking of the other stuff

* I thought the conflict regarding Travis and the hotel people was done well. It was an impossible situation and everyone reacted as expected, imo. Except Elena's nephew. I was very annoyed by seeing him SO ENRAGED at Travis because he hurt and killed the groom because I kept remembering that the groom and his mother in law were hunting him and his aunt to kick them out or worse. Plus, he was some random dude working at the hotel during the wedding, it's not like they were friends before. Maybe they became friends off screen and they forgot to tell us.

*Strand staying after he stood up for Madison and the others made no sense. I guess they want to keep the hotel as a location next season, i don't know.

*I was annoyed by how everyone apparently forgot that if the colonia was going to be attacked was because of Nick's shitty actions.

*While Madison, Travis and Alycia seemed so dramatic over death and killing people I kept remembering that one time when they destroyed a whole hospital and caused countless unnecessary deaths just because they wanted to get Nick (and RB's wife) back.

*I'm not surprised by Alejandro not being immune because his story was sketchy from the beginning. His supposed bite happened in the middle of chaos so it was possible that something else had happened.

*I'm surprised the Hotel was still standing in the end. I guess there is still time for its destruction if we see Strand there next season.

*I thought it was laughable that the big bad gang dudes were all taken down by the bunch of sloooowly walking walkers that approached them sloooowly, giving them plenty of time to scatter or hide. I'm gonna think that some were hiding and Maddy and Travis just didn't see them.

• Love 7

I got a kick out of seeing walker Chris and Nick crossing paths (twice). I kept hoping chris would bite Nick and Travis and Madison would find them and get killed by them in their grief. Alicia could meet back up with Strand as my fav duo.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Because they contradicted themselves. First one said Chris broke his neck when he was thrown out of the windshield into the pavement, then the other one said they had to pull him out of the car.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Chris didn't have a drivers license. He wasn't paying attention & crashed the car. I am shocked that the 2 Bros were not killed in the accident.

They were sleeping in the open back of the truck, I kept thinking that they should have flown out as the truck flipped, or something, lol.

all while accidentally taking out Oscar too (I missed that part.  Was he the one he Travis slammed his head into the glass counter?).

He tried to make his way in and Travis slammed his head between the door and the frame before closing the door.

And why did she knife him anyway, if he was already moving the gun away from Travis?  That whole sequence of events made absolutely no sense to me. 

I thought he moved the gun because she knifed him.

So Alejandro was a fraud, but the explanation was very unclear. Was the boy Lucy saw bite him not a walker at the time, just a drug addict? 

Alejandro had said that when he tried to save this drug addict that some mob wanted to kill when it was all starting the walkers attacked them and he was bitten by one in the middle of the chaos, and Luciana saw. Well, it turns out that it was the drug addict who bit him (high, I guess).

Other things I forgot to mention:

*Ofelia's weapon of choice is very impractical.

*Nick sticking his finger's in that walker's eyes to get to his brain was original, but gross.

*People letting the walkers eat them when they were dying/infected never made any sense to me at all. It was supper fucked up.

• Love 5

My guess about Chris is that the actor got the ABC gig and the people behind this show made what they thought was the best of the situation: have him die karmically the way he was now willing to kill, and have that death trigger Travis' rage incident, which, in turn, made them leave the comfort of the hotel and head toward Nick, because Madison is obsessed with the son who couldn't care less about her. I would have gone a different way, as the seeds were planted for a really interesting villain arc, and the part could easily be recast and explained by an accident or growth spurt. But, whatever.

Hated Strand staying behind when it happened, BUT

Spoiler

Apparently, in  the only segment of TD I caught, Strand is NOT being left behind by the show, nor is the hotel! Is it too much to hope that the Killer Family gets the Chris treatment and we forget about them afterward?

Nick leading his zombie makeovers into certain death is amusing in retrospect. I feel bad for those folks, but, really, the ex-junkie with the hygiene issues and no chin is the one you follow? I'd question his plan at least. Helicopters are hardly ever a good sign. Besides, Nick already had a taste of what a Government-run situation was like, and that was within the confines of a somewhat intact community. Then again, his brain cells might be compromised.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, natyxg said:

If it was another show I might wonder if they were pulling one on us and Chris didn't really die (even if the dudes did try to kill him, I don't know), but in this show apparently people die weird deaths that seem open ended, but actually aren't. Like Celia and Ruben Blades. I don't even remember at this point what happened to them exactly, but I remember wondering if they were really dead because IIRC we don't see them properly die... and nothing. Not a word about them.

Good point.  I thought Chris' death was "unreliable narrator" sketchy and we'd see him again, but you're right, this show has a history of unconfirmed fatalities.  As patterns go, that one is very unsatisfying.

2 hours ago, CloudySky said:

I got a kick out of seeing walker Chris and Nick crossing paths (twice).

Did this really happen?  I didn't catch it at all--was Chris stumping along on his shattered thigh bone?

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

If Alicia doesn't understand now that she will always play second fiddle to her brother, she never will.

I thought Alecia's realization of this very thing was the one of the best performances from any of them.  Unlike Madison, she was able to communicate a thought with her facial expression.

I assumed the gang at the border crossing was rogue and acting without military sanction , but it occurs to me that those helicopters would attract overwhelming hordes of desperate people proportionate to the crowd Maddie attracted with her 60 seconds of hotel lights.  And . . .

after Nick's TWO unpleasant experiences with military authority, why would he even think a "refugee camp" would be the best destination for his people in the first place???  How do you forget being locked in a pen, twice?

Edited by candall
  • Love 11