Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

This tape should be sent to the DMV and get her license taken away since she is a danger to everyone.

Okay, it's funny, but that people like her are out on the roads with the rest of us is scary. 

My brother complained so much to me about his eyesight ("I can't see to watch TV or work the crossword puzzle in the paper") that I sent a note to DMV.  His license is now suspended, and he just sold his car.  THANK GOODNESS.

I have a friend who is about the same age as my brother.  She also has severe eye problems (similar to macular degeneration), and can only see what's on the periphery of her vision.  She wants to come up to see our new place.  So I made it sound like such a treat that I INSISTED that I come to get her, and then will drive her home.  It's 20 miles one way.  The only thing worse than me having to drive 40 miles is the thought of my dear friend driving herself here.

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched that. The very angry, glowering and emphatic Joe Piskata (or Piskala) looked like someone from a bad TV show and appeared to be wearing a suit that he borrowed from someone who outweighed him by about 75 lbs. He's just another idiot like we've seen before here, who starts working on property he does not own. He's not a charity! He wants to get paid for work he did on his own volition with no contract for compensation ever even spoken of and it's not happening. I've put in offers on property before in my life and not once did I so much as mow the lawn on any of those homes before the deal was signed, sealed and delivered. I wonder what Joe meant in the hall when he said it's not over? Da-da-DUM.

OMG. I just found out what dear Mr Piskala does for a living. You will never in a million years guess! He sells medical cannabis and owns a company called Low Stress Training Products. You can't make this stuff up. I don't think he uses his own product. Or does he???

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/joe-piskala-and-julie-shaw-owners-of-low-stress-training-news-photo/496249948

http://www.selfiehashtag.com/SelfieUserMedia/2196221677

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

OMG. I just found out what dear Mr Piskala does for a living. You will never in a million years guess! He sells medical cannabis and owns a company called Low Stress Training Products. You can't make this stuff up. I don't think he uses his own product. Or does he???

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/joe-piskala-and-julie-shaw-owners-of-low-stress-training-news-photo/496249948

http://www.selfiehashtag.com/SelfieUserMedia/2196221677

Wow!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

He sells medical cannabis and owns a company called Low Stress Training Products. You can't make this stuff up.

Wow x 2.

It's like the woman we saw who's had two "Oops" babies with two different guys, neither of whom are around. She works at a family planning clinic. He mother was batshit crazy and SHE works at a mental health facility. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched that. Ms.Selma was incredible. No, this never happened. She didn't hit him. It's all lies! The police were wrong! She'll deny it to her dying breath. I just love litigants who hit someone, and then say, "I looked all ways. There was no one there. He came out of nowhere!" This must mean that plaintiff's car got dropped into the intersection by... a spaceship? A tornado, a la the Wizard of Oz? And then after he materialized, he somehow aligned his car with hers and hit her on the side.Trust her, no one was there because she couldn't see a large truck right in front of her. This tape should be sent to the DMV and get her license taken away since she is a danger to everyone.

Okay, it's funny, but that people like her are out on the roads with the rest of us is scary. I really feel (yeah, I know JJ doesn't give a rat's ass how I feel) that people who are hit by total assholes who deny any responsibility and make the person who was hit go to the trouble of suing to get what they are owed should merit some punitive damages.

In civil court, attorneys who take on such cases can face sanctions.  It happens all too seldom, but at least a system is in place to deal with it.. Perhaps in small claims court (including TV courts in which claimants have agreed to allow their disputes to be settled by arbitors) if a pattern of such is demonstrated beyond a preponderance of evidence, the  plaintiffs in such phony cases could lose drivers' licenses at the very lest, and face court fines ideally.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

I don't think he uses his own product.

He is a clear-cut case of one who does not get high on their own supply. 

With his demeanor, I really thought his "working farm" was supposed to be more like the one featured in this film:

8r7987fhg.jpg

Maybe Mr. Piskala (sp?) was so angry because in "cleaning up the property" he had planted some "crops"; once the property was sold, he couldn't get to it to harvest.  Maybe the real new owner (who was willing to pay a LOT more for the same piece of land) recognized the reason for the increased value and reaped and profited from Mr. Piskala's hard work.

• Love 14

Giant Misfit: ROFLMAO!!  But really, in Joe's case, I would advocate him consuming a little of his product now and then. No one ever needed mellowing more.

27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe the real new owner (who was willing to pay a LOT more for the same piece of land) recognized the reason for the increased value and reaped and profited from Mr. Piskala's hard work.

Could very well be. That's the chance Farmer Joe took when he didn't bother finding out that land deals must be in writing and decided to do work and/or plant weed  on someone else's property.

33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe Mr. Piskala (sp?) was so angry because in "cleaning up the property" he had planted some "crops";

I was puzzled, thinking that eight acres is small for a farm, but I think you're right  - it's not too small for a wacky tabaccy farm.

6 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

In civil court, attorneys who take on such cases can face sanctions.  It happens all too seldom, but at least a system is in place to deal with it..

Oh, I know it could never happen but I wish it could, for making the injured party chase the offenders around and then have to drag them into court to get what's rightfully theirs. Someone like the pig-headed, nasty Selma really deserves to be punished.

• Love 6

No kidding.  And crossed eyes?  Or was it just the bugs?

Rerun of the bicycle man was hit by a car, and who sadly only collected $5000 from the [insert long list of adjectives here] defendant who countersued because the crash damaged her car!  Turned it off and came back in time to see  a couple of our most  bizarrely stupid litigants:  The poor Ms. Lamb who handed over tons of money to a creepy-eyed Lothario (gad - I need Lysol for my TV), and the even more amazingly stupid  Imogen, who also crashed a car into a tree, but it wasn't her fault. Stupid tree!  Jumping out into the road like that...

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Imogen, who also crashed a car into a tree, but it wasn't her fault. Stupid tree!  Jumping out into the road like that...

I remember her! Im-O-gen, a 25(?) year old woman who crashes into a tree but it's not her fault.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

Why did today's irresponsible pit bull lady have caterpillars on her eyelids?

I missed that! Maybe it was bad false eyelashes. Lol!

JJ clearly dislikes pit bulls and thinks they are all bad. But it shouldn't matter what BREED of dog does the attack, it's all the same thing: stupid, irresponsible owners.

I have an acquaintance with a really mean Yorkie terrier. He's bitten many people and fortunately for the owner, nobody has sued her. The dog typically bites men but any gender is fair game. Its so frustrating because the owner won't listen to reason. 

• Love 6
On 10/22/2017 at 6:18 AM, AZChristian said:

Maybe Mr. Piskala (sp?) was so angry because in "cleaning up the property" he had planted some "crops"; once the property was sold, he couldn't get to it to harvest.  Maybe the real new owner (who was willing to pay a LOT more for the same piece of land) recognized the reason for the increased value and reaped and profited from Mr. Piskala's hard work.

Good observation AZ Christian. I smelled something fishy with that guy but couldn't quite figure out his obvious intense anger. But pot is a lucrative business so you might have hit the nail on the head with this one.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

JJ clearly dislikes pit bulls and thinks they are all bad. But it shouldn't matter what BREED of dog does the attack, it's all the same thing: stupid, irresponsible owners.

I blame the sensationalistic media for that attitude. You are totally right. I had a friend whose Labrador retriever had to live gated in the dining room because it would kill her cats if given the chance, and who bit everyone in the family at least once. My pit bull let my foster kittens push her around, bite her tail and make her hide under the table.

Today's reruns - including the brainless Ms. Imogen, her friend, stupid Ms. "Right now? Now? Do you mean NOW?" Chen and the Lovah boy - Dumbo-eared dopey "Mateo". I can just imagine the cluster-fuck that commune is. So many truly dumb people it was depressing.

1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

The poor Ms. Lamb who handed over tons of money to a creepy-eyed Lothario

OH, Althea. I remember you, showcasing to the world your sad desperation by showering money on that oily, slimy deadbeat loser to keep him in your bed and you did that all for nothing. I really hope it taught her something but somehow I doubt it.  

• Love 4

And also today we had my favorite scenario - one of the litigants (plaintiff) brings in a video as evidence, and the judge rules that the video shows that the plaintiff was goading the defendant, hoping the defendant would hit him and he could get a restraining order.  (BTW, former lovers should probably not continue to live together.)  Both JJ and the judge at the hearing for the restraining order found that the plaintiff was the actual instigator.  No money for you!

• Love 10
On 10/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, AuntiePam said:

The Famous case also had a comment by plaintiff that her lawyer didn't think she should work -- something about a medical malpractice case related to the baby who died. 

And that she bought the car with money meant for one of her kids who is on disability.  The same car famous uses to make money doing "errands"

On 10/20/2017 at 10:08 PM, AZChristian said:

. . . and the epic response to why she stays in the relationship  - "Because I looooooove him."

All I could think of was how pathetic that woman sounded.  Is life really so bad that a guy like that seems like a prize?

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

And that she bought the car with money meant for one of her kids who is on disability.  The same car famous uses to make money doing "errands"

All I could think of was how pathetic that woman sounded.  Is life really so bad that a guy like that seems like a prize?

Yes, there are many, many women out there who believe that having any man is better than having no man. I do not subscribe to that belief but my parents raised me to know how to take care of myself and look for relationships that are healthy and emotionally fulfilling. 

• Love 6
On 4/2/2014 at 8:38 PM, zillabreeze said:

I get twisted when JJ acts as if a dude slaving his ass off in some chicks house has ZERO dollar value.  It has big time value.  Unfortuneately, the dudes never come to court with time logs and before/after pics.  Some of these chicks are happy assing along, letting the guy bust his ass, working on her house.  THEN.. they break up and she starts whining for rent.

Good, honest craftsman get $75-100/hr.. It does fucking count.

Many moons ago, I lived (without benefit of marriage) with a very talented carpenter.  He rebuilt kitchen cabinets, fences, floors and made furniture that I still have today.  He tried to pay rent, but his work was so flawless, I always said NO.  Even though we fought towards the end- it would never have crossed my mind to sue him!  Fair Market Value should come into play somewhere.

Can't disagree with you there. I had a friend that was living with her boyfriend and while yes it might have been good for him to get a job since she was working and paying the rent he did help her. He fixed things, cleaned, made the meals, went shopping. I think that should count for something. It doesn't technically contribute into the monthly income but it's stuff that I wouldn't want to have to do when I get home or can't do like fix things around the house since I have no patience or skill in craftsmanship of any kind. This irks me as well so I'm glad you brought it up.

• Love 4

Today’s episode: Crazy lady (defendant) with a megaphone shouting about her neighbor’s (plaintiff) tree. On his lawn. Even better, there’s video evidence of this. Her best line, “I LOVE STILTS!” Of course, this was was her means of last resort, as she explained to Judge Judy. She called the mayor, the penny saver, the city council and Batman. None of them cared about a twig falling over someone’s property line. JJ adnomished them both for spending time on nonsense with a shout out to Puerto Rico’s ongoing crisis.

• Love 11

Just caught gooch-eyed Christopher Owen, who had to flee the scene of an accident he had with teenaged plaintiff. He needed to run a mile or so down the road to his friend's house, see, because he was traumatized and  he didn't have his cell phone on him to call the police or his girlfriend, or his acquaintance or whatever his co-defendant (wearing a truly horrific wig) is to him. SHE first claims she only knew him through "word of mouf" even though oddly enough he knows her number by heart,  and didn't know how to get in touch with him after she sold him her car but kept her insurance on it. I can't quibble. How often do we ever see litigants who actually have insurance that didn't lapse the day or hour before an accident?

Seventeen-year old plaintiff and her Mom, (sporting bared heavily tatted huge arms), insisted that her darling teen girl stopped at the stop sign and that def had no lights on his car, which is utter BS. Mom knows this by some divine revelation or vision, even though she wasn't there. Get out, all of you. Now.

Stop giving licenses to children, who can't rent a movie with *gasp* sex in it, but can drive a huge piece of equipment capable of causing mayhem and death.

• Love 10

Today on Old Coot Court, a man is suing his neighbor for throwing debris over their shared chain link fence into his yard. The defendant looks as if she's possessed by an extremely angry Something-Or-Other, but apparently she was not arrested for standing on the sidewalk with a bullhorn yelling about how she was being harassed and bullied. JJ said that she would have called the police to report a lunatic who was screaming profanities and disturbing the peace, but she also said that the plaintiff has too much time on his hands. Apparently retirement isn't all its cracked up to be. Though the defendant gets bonus points for squalling the word 'stilts' over and over again.

• Love 14

I get that that Old Coot lady wasn't playing with a full deck - but I don't think she deserved the brunt of JJ's scorn. Tubby, Anger-Bear Old Coot man, on the other hand, most certainly did. It takes a special breed of fucking asshole to harass some old lady next door about some fucking branches falling on his precious lawn. "Ooo...there's a flip flop in my yard...better call the police!" I mean, honestly, calling the fucking cops about a branches in your yard? Pick up the damn things and leave the woman alone. I think he sensed she was somewhat vulnerable -- both mentally and physically -- and, as all fucking asshole fat bullies do, saw some easy prey and hasn't relented on his course of action for years. I was kind of all, "good for you, lady!" when she took matters into her own hands. He's the one who's consistently making her life a living hell -- when she has little recourse, and likely, resources, to make his ass go away. Seriously, fuck that guy. 

I also got a dog fight case in which the dim-witted, cross-eyed bitch Defendant decided to watch some YouTube make up tutorial on how best to accentuate your insane cross eyes by drawing as much attention to them as humanly possible by adding 800 layers of eye make up and false lashes. 

Old Coots yelling "Stilts", tubby Anger-Bear, cross-eyed bitches with 800 layers of makeup - oh, god I can't see that. All my electronics crapped out today and of course did it during these eps.  It's a conspiracy, I swear, and I'm not paranoid at all.

What am I left with? Well, a rerun of the pampered, over-stuffed Momma's boy, Ricardo "All righty" Buffington, and his revolting dragon mamma (who is 15 years his senior) who thought it was a fine idea to throw a drunk 20 year old girl off their stupid party bus and leave her on the street at 2:30a.m. Of course, Mom was drunk too.  Personally, I think Momma was jealous of her big baby boy. I just bet Ricardo is her treasure and her life.  But, maybe the limo owner will re-think his idea of hiring silly 22-year olds to drive his buses so he can pay them peanuts. No mature, sensible driver would have ever agreed to give the girl the boot.

• Love 4
On 10/21/2017 at 2:47 PM, AngelaHunter said:

"I looked all ways. There was no one there. He came out of nowhere!" This must mean that plaintiff's car got dropped into the intersection by... a spaceship? A tornado, a la the Wizard of Oz? And then after he materialized, he somehow aligned his car with hers and hit her on the side. 

However did you guess that?!?!?!  That's EXACTLY what happened to me.  in my case, I believe the other car  was a meteor falling from the sky that happened to morph into a silver Mercedes. 

Seriously, my two-year-olds,  who were one at the time, were both screaming their fool heads off from their car seats in the back, and I was distracted. I looked, but apparently not quite carefully enough.  It was just a fender bender at a slow pace on a residential street, and no one was hurt.  (The officer on the scene insisted that my babies be checked, but I took them to the hospital where my husband practices, and we were in and out within an hour.) The thought never occurred to me to use the standard JJ litigant defense. I just let my insurance company (to which I had paid he semi-annual fee months earlier and had proof of coverage in my glove compartment, along with my car's up-to-date registration) handle it. My rates went up a bit as a result, but sometimes dignity is worth more than a few dollars.

17 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I get that that Old Coot lady wasn't playing with a full deck - but I don't think she deserved the brunt of JJ's scorn. Tubby, Anger-Bear Old Coot man, on the other hand, most certainly did. It takes a special breed of fucking asshole to harass some old lady next door about some fucking branches falling on his precious lawn. "Ooo...there's a flip flop in my yard...better call the police!" I mean, honestly, calling the fucking cops about a branches in your yard? Pick up the damn things and leave the woman alone. I think he sensed she was somewhat vulnerable -- both mentally and physically -- and, as all fucking asshole fat bullies do, saw some easy prey and hasn't relented on his course of action for years. I was kind of all, "good for you, lady!" when she took matters into her own hands. He's the one who's consistently making her life a living hell -- when she has little recourse, and likely, resources, to make his ass go away. Seriously, fuck that guy. 

I also got a dog fight case in which the dim-witted, cross-eyed bitch Defendant decided to watch some YouTube make up tutorial on how best to accentuate your insane cross eyes by drawing as much attention to them as humanly possible by adding 800 layers of eye make up and false lashes. 

When fucking asshole gets old, I hope he inherits the neighbor from hell who harasses him over every leaf,  every piece of trash that didn't make it into the city's waste management truck, and every minute past the deadline for getting his trash receptacles removed from the street.  She was no Queen Elizabeth, either, but whenever I see such a person as she, all I can do is pray that I don't one day end up equally devoid of my marbles.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

SHE first claims she only knew him through "word of mouf" even though oddly enough he knows her number by heart,  and didn't know how to get in touch with him after she sold him her car but kept her insurance on it. I can't quibble. 

He sounds like my stalker from my days at BYU who said The LORD commanded him that we were to be married for time and all eternity. I knew him by "word of mouf" at best. Thank goodness he flunked out of BYU and had to go up north to Idaho to finish school.

• Love 4

I will never understand the tree/yard cases that seem to end up on JJ often. 

Most of the time it’s over something so stupid,where it’s not even damaging anything. 

If your so bent out of shape over a freaking twig,I can only imagine the breakdown this guy has when the leaves start to fall. 

Maybe I can sue my neighbor for his pine cones that blow into my yard.

Kidding of course. 

• Love 6

I believe he said he was 67 and she said 66. I was shocked I assumed bullhorn lady was well into her 70's. She was shouting something about he harassed her  for 6 years and then admitted in the courtroom that their issues went 2.5 years. I definitely saw fault on both sides. 

• Love 5

I think bullhorn lady said that she was bedbound, or housebound for a couple of years after a car accident.

There was definitely enough blame to go around. First Amendment free speech rights doesn't mean you can act any way you choose. The government has a right to regulate time, place or manner, as long as they do so impartially, without regard for the content of your message. There is clearly an argument that she was disrupting the neighborhood, and her curse words via the bullhorn did not help her cause at all.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Today on Old Coot Court, a man is suing his neighbor for throwing debris over their shared chain link fence into his yard. The defendant looks as if she's possessed by an extremely angry Something-Or-Other, but apparently she was not arrested for standing on the sidewalk with a bullhorn yelling about how she was being harassed and bullied. JJ said that she would have called the police to report a lunatic who was screaming profanities and disturbing the peace, but she also said that the plaintiff has too much time on his hands. Apparently retirement isn't all its cracked up to be. Though the defendant gets bonus points for squalling the word 'stilts' over and over again.

And the police get called frequently to report "leaf offenses". What exactly is criminal about leaves that warrants a visit from the popo? Your tax dollars at work!

• Love 5

Someone needs to tell JJ that repeating herself and yelling does not help convince a litigant of anything.  (The plaintiff who left four dogs with a friend and ended up losing two of them.)

Were both parties in the landlord-tenant case scammers?  Seemed so.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, khyber said:

Wow bullhorn lady has had a tough life.  I pegged her for at least 10-15 years older than she said she was.

Finally saw this and was coming here to mention just that. OMG. She's 66 looks 80. Shocking. What a vile hag, screaming obscenities on the street, and plaintiff needs to get off his fat ass and stop staring out the window looking for any little thing to bitch about. What an old bitch he is too. Sickening, both of them. Maybe they'll kill each other and make the rest of the neighbours happy.  I have a friend who is completely incapacitated by MD. What she would give to be able to walk outside and pick up a few branches that landed on her property.

10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, they were stealing from Byrd.

Poor Byrd, getting fleeced more every day.

• Love 8

So the mother punishes her autistic child by ending a friendship with someone he knows and loves? She admits it will hurt him, but Oh Well, too bad, a 30 dollar photo shoot is more important than his emotional well being.. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, marleyfan said:

Maybe I should sue my neighbors since I have to rake up THEIR leaves from MY yard every year. 

Yep, and I don't even HAVE a tree! In the old days I got out and bagged them. Not anymore, now I just get out my blower and blow them out of the corners where they get trapped and wait for the wind to blow them away... ah, that Oklahoma wind just sweeping those leaves away ?  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Someone needs to tell JJ that repeating herself and yelling does not help convince a litigant of anything.  (The plaintiff who left four dogs with a friend and ended up losing two of them.)

The yelling felt good to me though I wish JJ had yelled more at the plaintiff. I was horrified that her solution to going on vacation without her four dogs was to leave them in a half-bath for what sounded like two weeks with no one home and just two visits a day to feed, water and change the pee pad. If you cannot afford to have your dogs cared for while you are away, you cannot afford to go on vacation. She was a horrible person who shouldn't be responsible for pets or kids if she thinks that is appropriate.

As for the defendant, how does disaster fall on two of the four dogs in your care? Dogs play and sometimes they get injured but it's rather convenient that everything bad seemed to happen the day the plaintiff came home. She claimed the one dog, who later died, was hurt on the last day and the other dog who ran away got out twice, the second time on the last day. Bull-fucking-shit. She has dogs of her own. She shouldn't.  I hated both of them so much. JJ should have yelled at them for an hour just for my own well being.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Speaking of leaves, if anyone hasn't seen this, it's awesome:

But... but... them leaves were on her LAWN...

ah, if only she'd had a tatty tat I would have thought it was an actual case ?

• Love 10

I have a question for dog/pet owners...when you take a dog/cat/rabbit into your home and make it part of the family, do you do so with plans in mind for what to do with the pet(s) if you need to be out of town?  Whether it's an illness or a vacation, do most responsible pet parents have friends or family or a service lined up to take care of the animals? Or opt to only travel to pet-friendly places?  I'm not being snarky, I'm truly curious.  I don't have pets, but I know a lot of people treat their pets as if they were their children.  I am a parent, and I would never plan an absence without making arrangements for my daughter if she weren't able to come on the trip.  I'd assume this would be true of anyone who professes to love their precious puppies/furry family members.

So, I have ZERO sympathy for the lady w/ 4 dogs who decided putting them in a kennel was "too expensive", but didn't cancel her extended holiday.  Instead she begged her former friend to care for them...for FREE! And in the most inconvenient way too!  She wanted her friend to schlep to the 4 dogs, cooped up in an apartment alone, twice a day to feed, water and walk (and I assume scoop poop/pee from accidents in the home).  She said she never wanted her 4 dogs to leave her home to go to friend's house.  Well, you have just shown me that you are too stupid to breath,  and definitely too irresponsible to have animals or children.  She could have spent a few dollars to get professional dog care.  She could have found someone more willing to make the doggie commute since this friend wasn't so enthusiastic.  She could have cancelled her trip.  She could have returned home to her little dogs if she had an inkling they were not being cared for as she expected.  And I think the friend was as shady and irresponsible as Ms. Doggie Do-Wrong.  The smirk on her face, and her story of the "lost" cell phone sealed the deal. (Note to any future JJ litigants: DO NOT tell her you recently lost your phone or it "got broke".  Your case will get tossed out faster than the phone you lobbed out your car window on the way to the show!)

JJ is not a forum for Rhodes scholars.  We don't expect to see too many Mensa members on this show. But the sheer idiocy parading across her bench is scary.

• Love 10

I have a question for dog/pet owners...when you take a dog/cat/rabbit into your home and make it part of the family, do you do so with plans in mind for what to do with the pet(s) if you need to be out of town?  Whether it's an illness or a vacation, do most responsible pet parents have friends or family or a service lined up to take care of the animals? Or opt to only travel to pet-friendly places? 

When I adopted my cat, it wasn't something I thought about. Though I do have family who are able to take care of her when I travel. I have also opted out of trips when I couldn't find someone to take care of her.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Winged Nike said:

When I adopted my cat, it wasn't something I thought about. Though I do have family who are able to take care of her when I travel. I have also opted out of trips when I couldn't find someone to take care of her.

Same here... in the past, when I adopted a furry (or feathered) family member I didn't stop and make plans for trips out of town. While I make them a part of the family for the long haul, and I can't predict/plan for a trip out of state 10 years into the future when my kitten is a senior cat. But, never doubt that when the time comes, there WILL be a plan for them to be safe while I'm away or the trip will be canceled or postponed.

• Love 5

I've had a couple of cats, and always made plans for their care when I was away from home.  Right now I have an elderly cat.  But I also have a mutual aid plan with a friend who lives a couple of blocks away.  I take care of his 3-4 dogs when he and his partner go on vacation (which they do several times a year), and he takes care of my cat the 1-2 times a year that I go on vacation.  And if he isn't available, then I have several other people who are available and great with my cat.  I've not had to pay the people to take care of my cats, but I do bring home lots of nice gifts.  And I have also put one of my cats in a kennel when I had no one to take care of him, and was happy to pay the price to know he was safe and well cared for.

Dog lady was NOT a good pet parent.

• Love 7