Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

kid willfully aimed his skateboard at him

I know that this is a minority opinion (even back in the fabled days of TWoP), but I can totally believe this happened. I have seen kids deliberately get off their boards while kicking the board back at other kids, in some cases getting some elevation and hitting the kid behind them in the shins. Then the kid that gets hit falls and all of the other kids laugh. At that age kids can be malicious (I can remember being that age, barely).

• Love 2

Re: the skateboarding case.  I don't know if the boy was trying to mess up the cyclists' bike or not.  I do think the cyclist was a bit of an ass.  However, I have seen more destruction rendered by skateboarders than I care to remember.  I have always worked in public buildings, the kind with plazas and benches and trees right outside.  And the measures that have to be taken to prevent skateboarders from destroying those plazas and benches are extreme.  Signs don't help.  I have had to chastise teenage skateboarders and they turn it into a civil rights issue.  I say no, it's a destruction of public property issue.  They don't care.  I know I'm painting with a wide brush here; I just had to get it off my chest.

• Love 4

Re: the skateboarding case.  I don't know if the boy was trying to mess up the cyclists' bike or not.  I do think the cyclist was a bit of an ass.  However, I have seen more destruction rendered by skateboarders than I care to remember.  I have always worked in public buildings, the kind with plazas and benches and trees right outside.  And the measures that have to be taken to prevent skateboarders from destroying those plazas and benches are extreme.  Signs don't help.  I have had to chastise teenage skateboarders and they turn it into a civil rights issue.  I say no, it's a destruction of public property issue.  They don't care.  I know I'm painting with a wide brush here; I just had to get it off my chest.

I kind of get why JJ ruled as she did, but I do think the kid was on the wrong side of the street, and technically "at fault". I see JJ's point that the 33 yr old guy was not out for a leisurely bike ride, he was on a mission. If the kid was instead  another adult bike rider coming from the wrong direction and they collided,   I think she would have found him at fault. But this rider knew it was a kid coming at him, and regardless of him being on the wrong side of the street, he should have been savvy enough to SLOW the fuck down. Then maybe give him an earful about the rules of the road, but just staying his course, and being able to realize they were going to be passing each other very closely? He's still 3 times the kid's age.. he should have been proactive and slowed it up. I think the kid did panic and in trying to get out of the way, lost control of his skate board and kaboom. The bike rider was rightfully scared and hurt, and over reacted. I did wonder if the kids dad could have gotten his home owners to cover something, or IMO even pay a token payment to the guy, just to emphasize to his son the importance of following the rules of the road. Learn that at 11 or when he starts to drive? The earlier the better. I think it was more that he really terrorized the kid after the accident with the threats and calling the dad down to the scene without letting him know if his son had been injured, that pissed JJ off.

Why was it funny that that kid had a marijuana card for his shoulder surgery?  "So there's something chronically wrong with you?" And she smirks.  God, I hate her repeated contempt for marijuana users.

And it got worse as the show continued.  The kid admitted that he had put nail holes in the wall and JJ said, "I hope you didn't hurt your shoulder hammering in those nails."

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Anyone going to check out "Hot Bench" when it comes on?  The ads on my TV station make it sound like JJ is behind it.  Could it be that she's planning on retiring?  Anyway, from the previews the viewers will see a few minutes of the case, then a few more minutes of the three judges arguing with each other over the case, and finally a verdict.

I haven't seen any ads for that show, but I just went to Judge Judy's Facebook page and there is a mention of it.  It says "Premiering September 15th, and created by Judge Judy!"

Why was it funny that that kid had a marijuana card for his shoulder surgery?  "So there's something chronically wrong with you?" And she smirks.  God, I hate her repeated contempt for marijuana users.

And it got worse as the show continued.  The kid admitted that he had put nail holes in the wall and JJ said, "I hope you didn't hurt your shoulder hammering in those nails."

I KNOW! He was well-dressed and polite and she was a real jerk to him -- referenced his shoulder throughout the rest of his case. She might as well get over her disapproval of medical marijuana . . . she'll be gone long before it is.

There was another poor slob there who made the mistake of saying she was on SSI . . . well, of course, she was reminded it was JJ's and Byrd's money.  She can really be insufferable.

Edited by goodogcarl

^^^She was such a complete, total WHACK JOB that one. How scary to think that she would EVER do anything like being an EMT. Not a lick of self-control about her at all. I wish the guy had asked for $5,000, regardless of what the windshield actually cost to fix.

• Love 1
wish the guy had asked for $5,000

no kidding...he would probably have gotten anything he asked for

I wouldn't want that kooky woman applying a bandaid to my knee, much less anything remotely medical.

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, that one. "I don't eat goose"...O.M.G.

Who the hell drives around with a hammer in their car, unless they're doing some remodeling? 

• Love 2

I hope that JJ sent a copy of the cooked goose episode to EVERY SINGLE emergency management facility in the US. Hell, the world! This woman does not need any job that involves people. I would hire her to torment Justin Bieber...

She could torment Justin Bieber. .  with her hammer. ;)

She reminded me of every gung-ho kid that signs up for EMT school thinking it's going to be all CPR this and car accident that - the reality is that most EMTs (at least where I live in Florida - this is with EMT training only) end up transporting old people that fall out of bed at the nursing home to the hospital (no lights, no siren, no CPR, just pray they don't have explosive diarrhea on your stretcher on the ride) (**source: daughter was an EMT, then a paramedic, now an ER nurse, SIL is a paramedic fire-fighter). 

Going a few episodes back with the King Charles Cavalier dog - my neighbor had a dog that would do that exact thing (biting the feet and whining). He'd walk the dog and the dog would stop every now and then and bite away - the guy told me those dogs are highly allergic and this dog would be sensitive to the grass, the sidewalk, even the asphalt and bite her feet. No MRI needed. 

the reality is that most EMTs (at least where I live in Florida - this is with EMT training only) end up transporting old people that fall out of bed at the nursing home to the hospital (no lights, no siren, no CPR, just pray they don't have explosive diarrhea on your stretcher on the ride)

HelloPatti, is it wrong if I hope that ol' Lucy Goosey there gets nothing but diarrhea emergencies, should her insane ass actually ever qualify as an EMT?

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure, because she kept hitting the word "chronically," that she was just making a sad reference to chronic, i.e., weed, as in "See, kids, I am hip to your reefer lingo." She wasn't being mean, just harmlessly lame.

Edited by JohnnyGilda
  • Love 1

HelloPatti, is it wrong if I hope that ol' Lucy Goosey there gets nothing but diarrhea emergencies, should her insane ass actually ever qualify as an EMT?

This was my first thought, but then I feared for the poor patient having a hammer taken to his/her head.

• Love 1

Given the level of ignorance in the hammer case, "pointy" could be a claw hammer, a geologist hammer, or even a ball peen if the people involved are as ignorant and stupid as they came across in the show.

• Love 1

Trust me, from what my daughter told me back in her EMT days, most of her nursing home runs were just. . . well, most of them HAD the runs. . . Lots of the nursing home patients were chronically constipated and the reason they fall is trying to get out of bed to get to the bathroom. VOILA, broken hip and some serious belly issues. I cannot imagine Ms. Intolerant Hammer-Wielding Chick would be happy with that scenario. She reminded me of the kind of girl that uses her student loan money to pay for a computer or cell phone for a boyfriend and then go into default when the government dare asks for its money back.

I'm pretty sure, because she kept hitting the word "chronically," that she was just making a sad reference to chronic, i.e., weed, as in "See, kids, I am hip to your reefer lingo." She wasn't being mean, just harmlessly lame.

That was my exact impression - although I wasn't really sure why Weed Card boy had a medical marijuana card. Most of the time shoulder issues with long term pain in that young of a patient are worked out with physical therapy and short term pain meds. He didn't appear to be all that unhealthy so I was curious why he had "chronic" pain. (hahah I wrote that and looked back and realized I was just as unhip as JJ)

• Love 1

I as really annoyed by the woman who had a miscarriage at 5 months  prior to her wedding and expected all her vendors to reschedule and/or give her a financial break.  Yes, it's really unfortunate she lost the baby, but vendors are in business TO MAKE MONEY and I thought she was really a big drama queen. You put a deposit down in case of emergencies to ensure the vendor doesn't take a total loss.

She worked my last nerve.  But you could tell in her hallterview she didn't get it.

• Love 6

^^^What I didn't get about her is her repeatedly saying that the DJ only cared about money...but that goes both ways. One could say that after her terrible loss, what does she care about $600? What difference does it make? Obviously, that amount of money is quite important to THEM, so why couldn't they see that it might also be important to the DJ? Why don't they see that this kind of thing is why service providers require a deposit in the first place? Why didn't she feel lucky that most of her other vendors were willing and able to accommodate her (for almost a full year later, no less!)? That's not something she's entitled to! She bugged me a lot for sure.

• Love 3

Last night, I got a rerun of a case I didn't understand the first time around, and still don't understand. There was a couple who said they stay together, despite their constant fighting, because they have a child together that they gave up for adoption.  I really wish JJ had probed a little more into the logic of that.

I know I could'nt figure that one out. The moon faced woiman said that she stayed in that contentious relationship b/c they had a child together-that they subsequently gave up for adoption. I thought well, that's good b/c these two seem to be sharing a brain cell. Then I thought there's  a scam there, the kid is probably being "fostered" by Grandma. I am definitely watching too much JJ. By the way, has JJ's new book, "Not in my America"; hit the bookshelves yet? LOL.

Last night, I got a rerun of a case I didn't understand the first time around, and still don't understand. There was a couple who said they stay together, despite their constant fighting, because they have a child together that they gave up for adoption.  I really wish JJ had probed a little more into the logic of that.

I think that like me, JJ was stumped at that one. I mean HUHHH? WTF? THE HELL? 

I think JJ gives up sometimes thinking about the futility of splainin' some stuff:

JJ: You stay with him because of your child?

D: Yes

JJ: But you hate his guts

JJ: And you gave up the child for adoption?

JJ: So why do you stay with him?

D: I TOLD you, we have a child together...

JJ: Byrd, feel free to beat the crap out of these people. Focus on the genitals so they can't reproduce further. 

• Love 12

THIS. You totally know she wants to use one of those contraptions the old time vets used to crush the balls of cows and horses! But this couple just boggle my mind. Staying together for the sake of a child you've given up for adoption..... I'm sure it's the start of a litigant trend.      

I didn't see that one...were their names Katelynn and Tyler?

• Love 2

Last night there was a repeat on where a 17-year old girl and her dad were suing 17-year old boy and his mom because defendant drove plaintiff-father's car with plaintiff-daughter's permission on three separate occasions, and on one occasion he hit a mailbox. Turned out in the hallterview that defendant was allowed to drive the car because plaintiff-daughter was too stoned to drive. Lol.

At the end of the case, just before awarding the plaintiffs half of their requested damages, JJ turned to plaintiff-daughter and admonished her not to "tell [her] a grandma story." JJ went on to say that the girl could potentially get away with telling "grandma stories" to her father, but Judge Judy wouldn't tolerate it. My question is, what's a grandma story????? Is this a thing now? Is it like a tea dance? Inquiring minds want to know, thanks!

Okay my nosiness got the best of me and this is what I came up with:

http://www.yiddishslangdictionary.com/word/464/bubba%20miseh

"This literally means "grandma story", but can be used in the same way "old wives tale" is in English. This story has usually has dubious origins or is highly exaggerated.

If your grandmother or mom tells you "windy weather gives you gas", it would be an example"

Another educational moment brought to you by Judge Judy!

• Love 2

Okay my nosiness got the best of me and this is what I came up with:

http://www.yiddishslangdictionary.com/word/464/bubba%20miseh

"This literally means "grandma story", but can be used in the same way "old wives tale" is in English. This story has usually has dubious origins or is highly exaggerated.

If your grandmother or mom tells you "windy weather gives you gas", it would be an example"

Another educational moment brought to you by Judge Judy!

Thank you for taking the time to do what I was way to lazy to do myself. You'd think in the age of the internet, I'd look stuff up more often, but I'm on a computer all day at work, and the last think I want to do at home is more freaking research. So, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'd never heard of this before, either. I, for one, am glad if JJ starts getting new sayings. I'm over some of the old ones!

Now if I could just get Marilyn over on TPC to stop with the, "did I breathe and give you the impression I was finished" line. She says that WAY too much.

• Love 1

I've just gotta rant! On a rerun in the last couple of days JJ went off on a woman who had paid $600 for a car then shortly thereafter sold it to a 20 year old for $1000. She went off on this woman for "unfairly" making such a big profit in such a quick amount of time. Whaaat??? She even called her a "hustlah"!

Sorry JJ, but in "My America" capitalism rules. The Blue Book value was $800. That is still f-ing irrelevant. Does JJ think car dealerships sell for little tiny profits out of fairness? Why is it wrong for a person to make as much money as the market will bear? That's how the damn system works. It was ridiculous how she treated that woman.

By her logic, if I inherit some cool old VW from my Mema, I must sell it for a pittance, because it didn't cost me anything in the first place. Never mind, if it was some classic worth $20k. I'm a hustlah for taking advantage of my good fortune.

What a bitch- it just chaps her ass when people make money by doing anything other than toiling in her fiefdom.

Whew. I almost threw something at the TV that Costco didn't mark up for more than $10. Because a fast profit just ain't fittin'.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 6

Wow, zillabreeze, you hit the nail right on the head!  I was screaming at my tv for that episode!  How come it's not okay for anyone to make a little profit?  Ask Les Gold how much profit HE makes, when he buys an item for 10% of it's value!  And she kept hollering that this 20-yr old "kid" was being taken advantage of by a 22-yr old!  Aargh!  She gets an idea in her mind, then hangs on to it like a dog with a bone.

• Love 2

Brattinella- I knew I couldn't be the only one that got twisted over the case. That woman didn't do a damn thing wrong, but was absolutely vilified on TV.

JJ has complete contempt for anyone making money by other than a full time job AWAY from home. She has taken to belittling people who are self employed or cobble together a few things to support themselves. I guess someone that makes a living on eBay & etsy is also a hustlah?

Last night there was a repeat on where a 17-year old girl and her dad were suing 17-year old boy and his mom because defendant drove plaintiff-father's car with plaintiff-daughter's permission on three separate occasions, and on one occasion he hit a mailbox. Turned out in the hallterview that defendant was allowed to drive the car because plaintiff-daughter was too stoned to drive. Lol.

That girl was a precious angel (cough) who had Daddy there to vouch for her ("...she's drum majorette at her school, Your Honor!").  Her "friend" (who was a smug little brat that I wanted to smack) had several pieces of hardware sticking out of his face.  As JJ grilled them, the father had his hand on the table and his daughter had her hand on top of his clutching it for dear life.  Then in the halterview when it came out that she had smoked The Evil Weed, she burst into tears, threw her hands over her face and bleated,"I did do it!  But I don't do it anymore!"  Father stands there shaking his head with disappointment.  I wonder what this did to her reign as drum majorette.

My local station hasn't shown the drum majorette rerun (which I haven't yet seen, even when it originally aired), but two nights ago had the rerun of Extreme Plastic Surgery Patient Ticia Tinder versus bony-faced evil Cynthia Hill for poisoning her cats and pouring water on her unattended computer and vandalizing her car with a hammer. I must say that I couldn't decide who was the lying whack-job in this case while watching it, but post-episode research reveals that Plastic Surgery Plaintiff Ticia was, in 2008, stripped of her Registered Dental Assistant License for practicing dentistry (and posing as a dentist) without the proper credentials. 

In summary, I'll admit that I sorta felt for the custard-bearing Ticia who was chastised by Cynthia for interrupting her shower, but in retrospect I wonder if Ms. Hill wasn't off target when she implied that Ms. Tinder was nutso. I mean, who among us would attempt a root canal without the proper training?

Same here, I couldn't decide who was telling the truth and who was lying between the two of them. Something about the plaintiff's whole affect and demeanor just seemed "off", yet I agreed with JJ that her witness had no reason to lie about witnessing the vandalism to her car. On the flip side, even though the defendant committed a big no-no and only brought written statements instead of an actual witness to testify about the plaintiff being nuts and harassing a number of people in the neighborhood, I thought there might be a grain of truth there. I'd like to say the defendant didn't seem crazy enough to poison the cats, especially since she has pets of her own, but since the witness apparently saw her take a hammer to the plaintiff's car, who the hell knows? Weeeird case.

My verdict? I'm super glad I don't live next to either one of them.

• Love 3

I've just gotta rant! On a rerun in the last couple of days JJ went off on a woman who had paid $600 for a car then shortly thereafter sold it to a 20 year old for $1000. She went off on this woman for "unfairly" making such a big profit in such a quick amount of time. Whaaat??? She even called her a "hustlah"!

Sorry JJ, but in "My America" capitalism rules. The Blue Book value was $800. That is still f-ing irrelevant. Does JJ think car dealerships sell for little tiny profits out of fairness? Why is it wrong for a person to make as much money as the market will bear? That's how the damn system works. It was ridiculous how she treated that woman.

I'm late to this party, but I'm glad you guys have covered this. JJ really ticked me off during this episode, too. Since when is it a crime (moral or otherwise) to make a profit on a sale?

About a year ago, I purchased a used Acura SUV for $5,000. It was in amazing condition and had low miles, for an Acura. The Blue Book on the thing was damn near $10K. The seller was a military guy who was being transferred overseas and was desperate to sell it. Since I didn't know the guy, I was suspect of the deal I was getting, so I had my mechanic look at the car (thank you, TV court shows), and it checked out. So I bought it, even though I didn't need another car. I purchased it intending to flip it. I sold it a month later to my girlfriend for $7,500, which was still a really great deal for her and also netted me a $2,500 profit. She knew exactly how much I paid for it and was thrilled to get the car for $7,500. I only sold it that cheaply because she was my girlfriend. Anyone else would've had to pay me $10K, and I wouldn't have felt a tinge of guilt about it. 

I think you guys are right. JJ only respects people who do "traditional" things. Her list of hated people includes: dog breeders; people who have the temerity to collect unemployment or disability; people who sell their wares on the internet; anyone who goes to college after the age of 25; couples who cohabitate without getting married; who else am I missing?

• Love 2

teebax-

Add to list- Stay at Home Parents.  In many cases, especially when a person is only qualified to make minimum wage.  It can actually cost money for a parent to work.  JJ seems to think it stops at daycare costs, which for two kids could negate any paycheck, but there is also transportation to the job, clothing, meals while at work, etc.  In reality, it may just be swapping (if not losing) money.

She's become so out of touch in her ivory Tower that I doubt she could find her way on public transportaion to the grocery store.

Wonder how much of a train wreck her new "Hot Court" show will be?  I know this group will have the snark at the ready!

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 2

I give up.  Who are Katelin and Tyler?

Katelynn and Tyler are one of the original couples of 16 and Pregnant and then the first season of Teen Mom.  They decided to give up their daughter for adoption but where still asked to be on Teen Mom because their story was an alternative to the other teens on the show who did keep their children.  During the many seasons on the show it became evident that Katelynn and Tyler loved each other but a large part of their relationship was the fact that they gave up their daughter and have never moved on from it. 

Now Katelynn and Tyler are pregnant again despite breaking off their engagement and going on Couple's Therapy. 

• Love 2

I didn't buy the lady who works offshore on ships "for cash" or "payment vouchers" either, depending on when she when she was asked.  She went back and forth on whether she loaned her (identical) friend $1825 to pay the friend's bills or whether she gave it to her to pay her own bills.  Well, she went into detail about how she schedules payments with Wells Fargo.  You can schedule your damned payments for any day you want so it's not necessary to hand money to someone else.  And there was a question about whether she actually gave the friend the money, the friend said she was told to collect it from someone else who owed money.  Too much scamming going on here, I'm glad JJ threw it out although I think the friend really did take a little shady money.

Not sure why they ever accepted the Star Wars toys case since they couldn't properly adjudicate it.

• Love 2

Not sure why they ever accepted the Star Wars toys case since they couldn't properly adjudicate it.

Whats interesting about that case is that I think the people who submitted it weren't very clear about what they were suing over because that case couldn't be touched with a ten foot pole even with a mediator.

As near as I can tell, it wasn't actually about Star Wars toys at all. The plaintiff was making *replica* costumes including helmets and art work sorts of things for fans. I suspect they called it star wars toys and then the producers realized they were actually talking about fan produced stuff and that's why they couldn't show any of it.

• Love 1

Her list of hated people includes: dog breeders

To be fair, most of these "dog breeders" who appear on JJ are scumbag backyard breeders. (Other than that, I totally agree JJ despises people who don't make money the way she sees for to earn it.)

So... when is the new season starting?

Not soon enough! Today, for, like, the 1,000th time, they reran the episode of the Girl with the Infected Tattoo. I think I can recite it line for line.

teebax-

Add to list- Stay at Home Parents.  In many cases, especially when a person is only qualified to make minimum wage.  It can actually cost money for a parent to work.  JJ seems to think it stops at daycare costs, which for two kids could negate any paycheck, but there is also transportation to the job, clothing, meals while at work, etc.  In reality, it may just be swapping (if not losing) money.

She's become so out of touch in her ivory Tower that I doubt she could find her way on public transportaion to the grocery store.

Wonder how much of a train wreck her new "Hot Court" show will be?  I know this group will have the snark at the ready!

Agreed. I don't have any kids, but my girlfriend does. She pays $200 a week for daycare for her 4-year-old, and that's considered a good price. So for a parent making minimum wage, that would almost eat up their entire paycheck. It absolutely makes sense sometimes for a parent to stay home.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate-watch "Hot Court." I already kind of hate-watch JJ, although I do sometimes agree with her. She really needs a Fox News show; she'd fit in over there.

• Love 2

Agreed. I don't have any kids, but my girlfriend does. She pays $200 a week for daycare for her 4-year-old, and that's considered a good price. So for a parent making minimum wage, that would almost eat up their entire paycheck. It absolutely makes sense sometimes for a parent to stay home.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate-watch "Hot Court." I already kind of hate-watch JJ, although I do sometimes agree with her. She really needs a Fox News show; she'd fit in over there.

I think her irritation is more for those who have basically ( I hear her yelling at my use of that word!) given up on the idea of ever being self supporting, who continue to procreate with an assortment of deadbeats and felons, while expecting to have the government (JJ, Byrd and me) hand over money and benefits year after year. I get why she resents it and I resent it too.

Don't have kids you can't afford to feed, house and clothe either with a spouse/significant other or alone, if that circumstance should arise. Should you find yourself struggling with one child and no partner, jumping into a relationship with another person in the same or worse straights is not the solution. Nor is having yet another child or two.

I haven't hauled my ass out of bed for the last thirty years so that others can sit on the stoop of subsidized housing waiting for the mailman to deliver what they consider their entitlement. An entitlement that instead of going to better themselves and their kids, they chose to spend on rims and cellphones, bail money and other enticements to keep their current man from vacating their bed and fussing and fighting with neighbors over real and imagined grievances. GET A JOB.

• Love 12