Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

And in the "hallterview" he had the nerve to accuse his neighbor of being racist.

Yes, I'm sure had the defendant been white the plaintiff would be content to leave his busted garage door as it. Wanting someone to pay for the damage done to their property is definitely racist. WhatEVERRR.

• Love 3

Omg! I was flipping channels and came upon the hottie loser 22 year old with two kids who lives with his relatives and pays no child support. All I caught was that he had sold some stuff online from baby mamma no. 2 but had no proof. Anyway I was so mesmerized by his face, muscles and tattoos. Yummy! Can someone give me a recap? Is it wrong that I want to be baby mamma no. 3 for this loser? :)

• Love 1

You can admit that you watch JJ on purpose.

Come clean about your addiction and we'll help you find the espisode and the man of your fantasies.

Just don't blame us when he runs up your CC bill for things like Xboxes and big screen TVs, gets you to co-sign for a car or motorcycle for him,  and hits you up to loan his brokeass money for his DUI fines/domestic abuse bail/impound fees which he will never feel "entitled" to pay you back since you'll start harassing him for it which - without exception -  magically transforms a loan into a gift.;>)

Whew! Good luck!

• Love 6

Was the one where the GF finally got a clue when her BF totalled her third car a new episode? It said 2014 but I hadn't seen it.

Entitled creep - women supply cars you total them or lend them to your side piece to total - in a parking lot!! How do you total a car in a parking lot?

Was the one where the GF finally got a clue when her BF totalled her third car a new episode? It said 2014 but I hadn't seen it.

Entitled creep - women supply cars you total them or lend them to your side piece to total - in a parking lot!! How do you total a car in a parking lot?

My question while watching that episode was how in the world he got an opportunity to total the second car, much less the third. She claimed he didn't have permission to drive her car. I guess hiding her keys so he couldn't do so was just out of the question?

• Love 1

Damn, maybe it is me, but if I have to stoop to hiding my keys at night from the person I am sleeping with and living with it may just be time to re-evaluate things.  Wow.  The things people will put up with not to be alone.

• Love 9

Rerun today that makes my blood boil everytime.  Grown ass man hitting golf balls in the street, damages a car driving by.  INSISTS it was the plaintilff's fault for running a stop sign!  As if that isn't bad enough his Mommy, a TEACHER, is defending this idiotic excuse.

I think JJ finally got through to the guy about fault, but the Mommy was still flapping her gums and excusing it in the hallterview!  Jeesh!  No wonder so many people are ethically bankrupt.  BUT,  I bet she was a real bitch when any of her students parents tried to take up for their special snowflake.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 3

I was confused about the horse one, too. I was looking at it more like keeping a dog on a leash. If your animal is out of your control and does damage, you gotta pay. The guy knew or thought the privacy fence wouldn't cut it, so he should have gone the extra mile.

OTOH, the pool owners seemed freakishly preoccupied with the damn horse. Why didn't they leave the original fence and just put the privacy panels right next to it in the beginning. I got a bad neighbor, litigious vibe off of them anyway.

So I guess you can say I am on the fence about this one. I will show myself out.

• Love 4

I think taking down his fence was the biggest reason they lost. The rest of his fence stayed up so if they'd left his the horse wouldn't have been in their pool.

He mentioned in the hallway that the suers had also sued their other neighbors.

• Love 1

Rerun today that makes my blood boil everytime.  Grown ass man hitting golf balls in the street, damages a car driving by.  INSISTS it was the plaintilff's fault for running a stop sign!  As if that isn't bad enough his Mommy, a TEACHER, is defending this idiotic excuse.

I think JJ finally got through to the guy about fault, but the Mommy was still flapping her gums and excusing it in the hallterview!  Jeesh!  No wonder so many people are ethically bankrupt.  BUT,  I bet she was a real bitch when any of her students parents tried to take up for their special snowflake.

I certainly hope she wasn't an English teacher; her grammar was horrific.

Once again, we have a parent defending their child for reasons I can't even comprehend. This woman is, presumably, educated. On what planet would it be the plaintiff's fault that the defendant's son hit her car with a freaking golf ball?

I had a similar incident when a child playing catch on my street hit my car with a baseball, denting it. The child's mother asked me why my car wasn't in my driveway or garage instead of parked in the street in front of my house (where it's perfectly legal to park), as if it was my fault her idiot kid hit my car. She said since her kid was playing catch before I got home, I shouldn't have parked my car IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE! Yeah, that argument lasted all of two minutes. I told her to produce her homeowner's insurance information or I was calling the sheriff. Then she decided she was just going to pay instead of filing a claim. She dodged me for a week, and then I said to myself, "screw it" and filed the claim with her insurance company, which was promptly paid. Unfortunately, that ended my chance to be on Judge Judy.

• Love 4

Teebax- your case was almost exactly the same, wasn't it? You wonder how the kids that are never held accountable eventually turn out! Got any follow up on the " ball player"?

When I damaged anything as a child, I was given age appropriate chores to do to recompense the owner of the property and that included my parents.

I once worked with a court in a very affluent town. You would not believe the parents that would hire an attorney for their snowflake instead of teaching responsibility. One I'll never forget was a 16 yr. old clocked doing 80 mph in an active school zone. The father actually screamed at the judge when his little angel got some community service. I guess if a small child had been killed it would have been it's own fault for being too short to be seen.

• Love 2

Unfortunately, that ended my chance to be on Judge Judy.

What a shame. Not only would you have won, but you'd have had the pleasure of seeing your neighbour get the tongue lashing she deserves.

I certainly hope she wasn't an English teacher; her grammar was horrific.

I never know if I should laugh or cry every time we see a teacher here who cannot speak basic English properly and "heath care workers" who are violent and ignorant beasts.

• Love 2

I couldn't find poo about the new season but Season 18 (2013-2014) premiered on September 9, 2013. So I guess we should start seeing new episodes in the next few weeks.

Yesterday's rerun was a good one -- the case of the terminally ill landlord who seemed like a psychopath who had her tenant arrested for an assault that never happened. She had a wig on in the courtroom but, sometime before the hallterview, she has replaced it with a head scarf. The woman seemed downright evil and was a recipient of one hell of a JJ beat down.

Yesterday's rerun was a good one -- the case of the terminally ill landlord who seemed like a psychopath who had her tenant arrested for an assault that never happened. She had a wig on in the courtroom but, sometime before the hallterview, she has replaced it with a head scarf.

I'd never seen this ep before - you're right, it was a good'un!!  I got so confused by Terminal Cancer removing her wig for the hallterview I had to rewind and look again (unlike many folks on JJ, her wig was a good one and looked like her natural hair. To me, anyway.) to note that the Scarf Lady was wearing the same shirt as the defendant and had, for some reason, doffed her wig for the exit interview. To generate audience sympathy perhaps? Since she didn't exactly emerge smelling like a rose after JJ's smackdown....

I can't quote from my iPad, since I don't know how, but the only follow-up from my potential baseball player is that the family is living proof that one bad neighbor can ruin an entire block. My house is on the market specifically because of these nightmare neighbors on whom I've had to call the police multiple times for loud parties and, one time, for two of their guests having a fist fight in my driveway. Seriously, this guy was beating the crap out of his girlfriend in my freaking driveway. My useless HOA (never again) is much more concerned about weeds and house colors in the neighborhood than they are about assholes like that. But I digress.

New episodes next week would be great. I know The People's Court is also new starting Monday. I'm excited to get new litigants to snark about!

The 41 yr old pregnant by the 20 yr old cried way too much. "He Persued me and told me he could be a man".

OH gawd, don't remind me of that. The hysterical laughter it caused the first time I saw it nearly made me pull a muscle.

Rerun today, but worth another look at Kenny Boggs, who was suing because a child got on his scooter - left running and with the keys in the ignition - and damaged it. Ol' Boggs insisted he never left it, in which case it's very odd that he never noticed the girl getting on it.

LOVED Abigail, a smart, literate and polite 10 year old who told a story way more cogent than the vast majority of adult litigants. Kenny, fix your own freakin' scooter, okay?

Brother/sister battle: I have a brother one year younger than I, and was trying to imagine us at ages 24 and 25, spitting in each other's faces, busting up each other's stuff over being "disrespected" and the image was just too oulandish for me. How nice that the sister is pregnant. She can teach her kid by example that having no impulse control and damaging property is a good way to resolve issues.

Edited by AngelaHunter

The 41 yr old pregnant by the 20 yr old cried way too much. "He Persued me and told me he could be a man". Her kids are his age and older.

One of my favorite recent cases! "What was I supposed to do? He kept wanting to date me?!"

Also appreciated that she had congestive heart failure and thought that carrying a pregnancy was a great plan to help with that.

But she did have a neck tat so things are gonna go well for her future, I can tell.

One of my favorite recent cases! "What was I supposed to do? He kept wanting to date me?!"

Also appreciated that she had congestive heart failure and thought that carrying a pregnancy was a great plan to help with that.

But she did have a neck tat so things are gonna go well for her future, I can tell.

Didn't she just remind you of Carnie Wilson?

And then tossing out the threat of abortion.. I just imagine it was to try and hurt the defendant in some manner.

She had no resistance to the charms of a skinny, pierced, 100 lb soaking wet,Jesse Tyler Ferguson look a like. Things were blissful for the ten months they lived out of their car. But real life in a house/apt tore them apart. Even the jackrabbit sex technique of a nineteen year old couldn't keep them together.

• Love 5

And then tossing out the threat of abortion.. I just imagine it was to try and hurt the defendant in some manner.

She had no resistance to the charms of a skinny, pierced, 100 lb soaking wet,Jesse Tyler Ferguson look a like. Things were blissful for the ten months they lived out of their car. But real life in a house/apt tore them apart. Even the jackrabbit sex technique of a nineteen year old couldn't keep them together.

Just throwing this out there.... as appalled and disgusted as I was at the whole mess this episode described., I really didn't agree that a 19 year old was a child in diapers who had no ability to contract as an adult.

• Love 2

^^ I agree. I don't think he should have been left off the hook just because he was 19.

Yes, he pursued her to no end and how could he not? She's probably the hottest 40yr old in the Parking lot where they were living., but if he agreed to pay he should pay.

This seemed like one of those cases where JJ was punishing the woman just for being stupid. Can't say I disagree with that either.

• Love 4
She had a wig on in the courtroom but, sometime before the hallterview, she has replaced it with a head scarf.

I am always turned off by people who try to build their case by generating sympathy for their hardships ("I am a single mother", "My mother died recently", "I have an ingrown toenail"). But this person was particularly loathsome, both during her testimony and in the hallterview, with her head scarf and the lone scraggy hair strand strategically poking out to underscore her health status. The editors did well by using her "I have terminal cancer" line at the opening of her hallterview because it encapsulated how manipulative she was.

By contrast, the 40-year old was really pathetic, weepily trying to garner sympathy for having "no choice" but to enter into a relationship with the 19-year old. I understand how other litigants agree to display their sordid lives and stupid actions on TV because they get a free trip to NYC and any judgment is paid by the show's producers, but the only thing she could hope to get out of it was to display to the show's entire audience how stupid her life choices had been. I thought she believed her appearance in front of JJ was a way for her to, according to legal jargon, "be made whole", financially but mainly emotionally, something beyond the court's ability on both fronts. I would not be surprised if she would run back to the 19-year old if he only snapped his fingers.

I am relatively new to JJ, thanks to a timeslot change. Can longtime viewers tell me if she was always so prompt at berating and insulting litigants and if she once decided cases strictly based on the law as it exists and not by stretching it to fit how she would prefer it to have been written and how she would like society to conform to her antiquated views of what is normal and acceptable. For example don't ever describe yourself as a stay-at-home dad, she'll immediately call you a "bum"; stay-at-home moms generally get a break because that is more traditional. She also appears very disconnected (for show only perhaps?) from how technology has changed society and the work place, believing that people who work at home spend their days lazing around, probably running Internet scams.

• Love 1

I am relatively new to JJ, thanks to a timeslot change. Can longtime viewers tell me if she was always so prompt at berating and insulting litigants and if she once decided cases strictly based on the law as it exists and not by stretching it to fit how she would prefer it to have been written and how she would like society to conform to her antiquated views of what is normal and acceptable. For example don't ever describe yourself as a stay-at-home dad, she'll immediately call you a "bum"; stay-at-home moms generally get a break because that is more traditional. She also appears very disconnected (for show only perhaps?) from how technology has changed society and the work place, believing that people who work at home spend their days lazing around, probably running Internet scams.

IMHO- she has been getting meaner and preachier as her age and salary go up.  But then again, I think her demographic is also old cranky people!

• Love 1

The 41 yr old pregnant by the 20 yr old cried way too much. "He Persued me and told me he could be a man". Her kids are his age and older.

****groans **** anybody else want to slap the crap outta that lady AGAIN on the rerun? Both times I've seen the case I'm thinking "okay, she's hanging out homeless with this random kid having sex in a car, in a garage, and it's the happiest time of her life - somebody's got to take those Harlequin romances away from her". 

Checked my DVR recordings and got new cases next week - along with the new court show founded by JJ coming on in the morning AGAINST People's Court in my market - gonna have a good stash of court shows to watch every day when I get home from work instead of the dreck on regular network TV. 

• Love 1

As much as I despised 41 y/o enlarged heart lady pregnant by 19 y/o (not to mention that she had a neck tattoo. At what point in the process did she decide that would be a good thing to do?), why didn't JJ compel 19 y/o to be responsible for the lease he signed when he was 19 years old?!? Last time I checked, 18 was the age of majority in the US (and can be as young as 16 if it involves an entertainment contract or necessaries, but I digress). Maybe in "Judge Judy's America," the age of majority is "whenever Judge Judy thinks it's appropriate," but members of society are only going to enter into valid contracts if they can predict that they will be enforced. JJ just kind of crushed that.

Also, what was plaintiff talking about when she told JJ not to talk about the baby because she wasn't yet sure what she was going to do with it? Say what? The woman appeared to be about six months pregnant there. How much longer does she need (and will the law allow) for her to decide what she's "going to do about it"? Hmm. Maybe she was talking about adoption...

ETA: sorry, I posted before I saw that ZoloftBob and others had already posted about the same exact thing. Great minds and all.

Edited by Judge Milianaire
  • Love 1

Checked my DVR recordings and got new cases next week - along with the new court show founded by JJ coming on in the morning AGAINST People's Court in my market - gonna have a good stash of court shows to watch every day when I get home from work instead of the dreck on regular network TV. 

They're advertising a new show called "Judge Faith" with an attractive, young-looking female African-American judge that looks totally scripted.  The clip they showed had a young guy going on and on about how attractive she is, and she wasn't buying it.  It looks so phony just from that clip.

She's probably the hottest 40yr old in the Parking lot where they were living

This seemed like one of those cases where JJ was punishing the woman just for being stupid. Can't say I disagree with that either.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read on a message board. You owe me a new keyboard.

I understand how other litigants agree to display their sordid lives and stupid actions on TV because they get a free trip to NYC and any judgment is paid by the show's producers, 

I thought they taped in LA, not NYC, but I could be wrong about that. I looked into it a couple of years ago, and the show taped in LA. Has that changed? The only reason I'm thinking that is that when I looked into getting tickets the last time I was in LA, you couldn't get JJ tickets. I think the audience is comprised of actors. Again, this was a couple of years ago, so I could be wrong.

Just throwing this out there.... as appalled and disgusted as I was at the whole mess this episode described., I really didn't agree that a 19 year old was a child in diapers who had no ability to contract as an adult.

JJ said he wasn't off the hook, he was stuck with child support payments for the next 18 plus years. That's when she tossed out the abortion card. She's  dragging her own three 18 plus teens around still supporting them and she expects someone else's teenager without a pot to piss in himself to keep her in style?  If he had hooked up with an equally dopey 18/19 yr old girl signed a lease with her, I think JJ may have ruled that he was obligated, but I think (and I agree) with her that this woman thought she could use the fact that dopey was of technical legal age to enforce his paying on the lease. Me thinks plaintiff figured she had him by the short and curlies between the lease and the baby, she'd have a steady stream of income, not much but  something.

• Love 2

I think (and I agree) with her that this woman thought she could use the fact that dopey was of technical legal age to enforce his paying on the lease.

I agree with you that this was the plan, I just don't see why Dopey got a free pass. He *was* of legal age to sign a contract and I greatly dislike the notion that there's a vague age range between 18-25 where you can do stupid shit and still play the "I'm just a dumbass kid" card.

• Love 5

I agree with you that this was the plan, I just don't see why Dopey got a free pass. He *was* of legal age to sign a contract and I greatly dislike the notion that there's a vague age range between 18-25 where you can do stupid shit and still play the "I'm just a dumbass kid" card.

I pretty much agree with you.. And had he been dopey all by himself or with an equally dopey 18/19 yr old, I would have thought he has to be held accountable for his decision.. That said, he's hooked up with a 40 yr old mother of 3 teens, a woman that I'm betting if her son had done such a thing would be talking out of the other side of her mouth. I'm glad she gave him a pass. THIS TIME...

• Love 2

One of my favorite JJ lunatics was on today: the unstable lady suing some "family friend" to return some stuff he took from her house (with permission) BUT GAVE BACK. She went off the rails over some broken china from her grandmother "SHE'S DEAD!!!!!" that she claimed he left in his wake and he was so rude he left it sitting there "all by itself." She claimed during her freak out that she didn't have any money then 180'd during the hallterview that it wasn't about money.

This was a case only Nurse Ratched and a paper cup filled with lithium pills could resolve.

JJ tapes in LA, with multiple eps taped in a stretch. There might be some mixing of what's taped when, but I think they get through a month's worth of shows in a week or two; she's only on the bench for a few weeks a year basically. 

As for today's Histeric woman going on about the broken china, that was a wowzer. The way she turned it on like a switch didn't help her case any either. 

Hated and detested the defendants in the cat loan case. I did cat rescue for a few years and saw this all the time - people who can afford lots of other things (like plently of food to shove down their maws in this case) but just don't want to pay for vet care since that's no fun, and would readily have the pet killed. They both work. Why couldn't THEY put the fee on their credit cards since they and their son just LOVED this cat so much?

Nice touch that piggy-eyed hubby blabbed about the plaintiff having an affair. Amoral takers.

• Love 3

And didn't they get rid of the cat afterwards because it was "too much to take care of" only to replace it with ANOTHER poor cat they will never take care of either?

Amoral is the PERFECT term to describe them. Wretched disgusting people.

In the cat case when the subject of the affair came up, JJ tried to sound hip and used the word "beard". She was referring to a woman in a hetero situation. I thought a "beard" was a woman that goes out with a gay guy to help hide his homosexuality?

• Love 2

One of my favorite JJ lunatics was on today: the unstable lady suing some "family friend" to return some stuff he took from her house (with permission) BUT GAVE BACK. She went off the rails over some broken china from her grandmother "SHE'S DEAD!!!!!"

I honestly think some people just go on JJ to get back at the other party by blathering on and on about stuff that really has nothing to do with the case (another perfect example would be the ungrateful woman who borrowed money to get her cat operated on that had to humiliate the plaintiff about her affair). Lady with Dead Grandmother was another one (sorry but grandma is dead and I don't think she needs china wherever she is) or then there's Homeless Big-Toothed Heart Failure Pregnant Wackadoodle who had to go on and on about her red-haired homeless knight in shining armor. And as impatient as JJ seems to be with these people, I know from personal experience that regular courts give less of a flip about those details that JJ.

I honestly think some people just go on JJ to get back at the other party by blathering on and on about stuff that really has nothing to do with the case (another perfect example would be the ungrateful woman who borrowed money to get her cat operated on that had to humiliate the plaintiff about her affair). Lady with Dead Grandmother was another one (sorry but grandma is dead and I don't think she needs china wherever she is) or then there's Homeless Big-Toothed Heart Failure Pregnant Wackadoodle who had to go on and on about her red-haired homeless knight in shining armor. And as impatient as JJ seems to be with these people, I know from personal experience that regular courts give less of a flip about those details that JJ.

I couldn't agree more. I don't even think most of them think they'll win. It's just a chance for them to humiliate someone they think did them wrong.

And the sister-in-law and her husband, George Washington ("I cannot tell a lie") were pieces of shit to do that to a woman who showed them kindness. Loan or not, what they did was really low. As JJ pointed out, there was little income disparity between the two. I would guess that the sister who pays off her credit card every month (which I also do and am a proponent of) is just more fiscally responsible than the one who would rather put down a pet than scrape together the money to pay for its care.

ETA: I looked it up. JJ tapes 52 days a year. With her salary, that translates to $900,000 an episode. Next time I tell myself she should hang up the robe and put away the gavel, I try to remind myself of this. Holy cow!

Edited by teebax