Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Aww I missed the mink. We don't get a Saturday night episode, we get one on Sunday. Air freshener assault victim James Littleton wanted to take back the teddy bear he'd gifted to his girlfriend so he could take a knife and destroy it while sitting at her kitchen table. Girlfriend's 35 year old looking 14 year old threw an air freshener at him when mom & boyfriend kissed. Daughter had enough attitude for 10 teenagers. 

The second case was Jesus Roberto, hair gel king & wannabe mobile marketing mogul. I loved them getting a closeup of his oil slick head when JJ mentioned the hair gel. 

• Love 3

Eurydice strutting down the aisle in that manky "mink" was new to me, and a sheer delight, I gotta say. (An old boyfriend of mine once bought me a scarf from a street vendor, and upon closer inspection of the label we learned that it was made of "Cashmaire." I hope, hope, hope that somewhere in that jacket is a "Mank" label.)

I also got the air-freshener assaultin' 8th grader (whose grades were good, okay, she did fine except for when she was expelled a little bit that one time) and Jesus Roberto. I particularly loved Judy pinning him in a web of his own idiotic admissions in four minutes flat, and then recapping the trap of bullshittery for him, just for kicks.  

• Love 5

I'm getting ready to move across the country and I saved an episode to keep on the DVR from 5/5. I'll have to re-watch it and report WHY I saved it. I didn't get any newbies yet this week. Is everyone else?

Oh and I DIED at the lady keeping a car because"her family members caught charges." I swear I mirrored JJ face on that one!    

Yesterday was a repeat of the couple who pawned  items to survive between paydays {and it was also a repeat}. They were really obnoxious, but still.... I feel so bad for people who live on the margin. Sometimes when I'm  tad bored with my early retirement I watch this show and have a new appreciation for my quiet, hardworking husband.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yesterday was a repeat of the couple who pawned  items to survive between paydays {and it was also a repeat}. They were really obnoxious, but still.... I feel so bad for people who live on the margin. Sometimes when I'm  tad bored with my early retirement I watch this show and have a new appreciation for my quiet, hardworking husband.

I started out feeling sorry for them also, but then realized that they ended up taking advantage of the pawn broker. I think they started out pawning bicycle and stuff that they could have picked up from the trash or really cheap at garage sales and once they saw that the woman was lenient in letting them redeem things after the requisite time frame, they then tried to put one over on her. I doubt the pawnbroker was getting rich off old bicycles etc, but the jewelry she could turn a fast profit on.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

Loved today's shows. 

Scary looking blond after losing case:  I'm sorry JJ was in a bad mood today.  I'm a girl.  Girls can't get scars on their faces.  So I didn't seek medical help after the big bad man sliced open my face, I still need to have plastic surgery to remove the scar that doesn't show up on TV (unless it shows up for those who have HDTV).  I have a plastic surgeon on retainer, why is that odd?  Even though I didn't go to the ER, I did file a police report, but I was so busy doing girly things this morning I left it at home.  I should have gotten money even though I took big bad guys collector coins and 'spent them'.  I'm a girl, why is everyone being so mean to me?

Soon to be ex-roommate who doesn't want to pay rent:  I want money because my roommate threw out the pillow that my mother passed away on.  Although you can't put a price on moms pillow, dad's bathrobe, some towels, etc., I still want money.  I won't move out until tomorrow, but I can't get a marshall to get my stuff for me, because she won't let me in her room where all this terribly important stuff is being held.  Why are you dismissing my case?

Woman sold woofer to man.  Man didn't like woofer, got his money back from Amazon (the broker for the deal), but doesn't want to return the woofer.  Man seems to say that even though he kept the woofer, he still wants the seller to send him the exact item he wants.  I guess he thinks he should be able to trade the undesirable woofer for the nicer, newer model he wants, and he still wants to keep his money.  Woman wants man to keep woofer and pay her the money because he's a DJ and has had the woofer for a year, now he says it doesn't work so she wants him to keep the woofer and pay for it.  JJ decides that man must return the woofer, she's keeping all the checks until the woofer is returned, but JJ will not require the woofer works when it's returned.

Couple gave what they call deposit money ($3600) on a used car that blew up while they were supposedly driving to a mechanic to have the car checked out.  Sellers say that the couple bought the car as-is (sale price $3600), but they left the bill of sale at home.  At first it seems like a case of "give us our deposit back and you can keep your POS car".  But, instead of returning the car, the couple spent $4500 to fix the car and now the couple wants the $4500 to they spent to repair the car.

The couple says that since they were only taking the car for a test drive and then had it fixed, they want their money back.  JJ told them to keep the car and they don't get their money back.  Buyer's are convinced they were scammed, but they now have a working car that probably isn't worth the money they spent to repair it.  JJ said they'd have a better chance of getting their purchase price back if they had not repaired the car, but once they authorized repairs they were basically declaring themselves the owners of the car so the missing bill of sale is a moot point.

Makes me so glad that when I brokered the sale of my daughter POS car I told the buyers everything that was wrong with it, wrote it all out on paper as an as-is deal, got the money and registered the transfer of ownership the next day at the DMV first thing. 

Why was that such a good thing?  Because the buyers were arrested for drug dealing a few days later and when the car was towed we got a huge bill from the towing company.  The new owners hadn't signed off on the transfer of ownership, so for the next 60 days the car was officially in my daughter's name.  But because we had a bill of sale and a transfer of ownership already filed, we were off the hook.  Seems that the people who bought the car routinely bought crappy cars, fixed them up enough to make a trip or two to Mexico to get drugs and then abandoned them.  They didn't want cars in their names so when they crossed the border their multiple trips wouldn't be so obvious.  We got things straightened out before the buyers ever made their first court date, there are people in our area that sold cars two years ago and are still trying to work out the mess because they sold the car and trusted the new owners to register the transfer of ownership themselves.

• Love 5

Man didn't like woofer, got his money back from Amazon (the broker for the deal), but doesn't want to return the woofer.  Man seems to say that even though he kept the woofer, he still wants the seller to send him the exact item he wants.  I guess he thinks he should be able to trade the undesirable woofer for the nicer, newer model he wants, and he still wants to keep his money.

Ugh, no. I work with this sort of asshole every day. He doesn't really shit care less about the woofer at this point, he just wants to insist he's the fucking victim and be self righteous about it. That's why he kept trying to harp on how he wanted what he ordered - because for whatever reason, she sent the wrong thing and he wants to *teach her a lesson* about her business practices. To him, his argument is perfectly logical, to those of us who are rational people, no, it's fucking ridiculous to dispute the charge because the item was incorrect, and not return the item. Vendors aren't required to jump thru that extra hoop and provide you the exact item once the money is refunded. That's why Judge Judy played hard ball with him and his principle of the matter attitude  - he agreed by coming on the show to agree to her judgement and since he was being a total tool, he got treated like an untrustworthy child and told if he didn't return the damn thing, he was on the hook for his fun vacay to California.

• Love 3

I think there was a similar case with cell phones where the seller was baiting and switching and the buyer was also refusing to return the goods because they thought the seller would just turn around and defraud someone else. Ethically a good idea, but the merchandise still belongs to the seller if they want their money back. You have to leave the comeuppance to karma - karma and the complaint dept of Amazon.

• Love 1

I think there was a similar case with cell phones where the seller was baiting and switching and the buyer was also refusing to return the goods because they thought the seller would just turn around and defraud someone else. Ethically a good idea, but the merchandise still belongs to the seller if they want their money back.

I'd argue that ethically it is wrong. If you buy something and then return it, you get your money back. If you get your money back, and keep the item, because you want to teach the seller a lesson or because you fear the seller will screw over someone else, you're still stealing their property at that point.

(edited)

Saturday's reruns for us included one I'd never seen before - Creepy Car Dealer with the Heart of Gold who was only trying to help the poor young woman re-purchase her impounded car at auction, but she turned out to be "rotten inside." Nader Amirvand tried to come off as the innocent stooge, but turns out he has a criminal history. And Alexsondra's mother, who was sooo outraged at this dirty old man and his romantic text messages to her naive young daughter, apparently never spoke out until the free car deal went awry. What a crew.

Edited by Ouisch
  • Love 3

How about the 2 eight year olds, name calling, hitting and kicking. Boy tells girl she has a unibrow and a mustache, she hits him in the head, he pushes her, she falls, he kicks her in the face. Girl's dad wants 3k in punitive damages. JJ says, she hit first! plus they're 8 yrs old. Dad doesn't get it. The best part was the side eye the girl was giving JJ. WOOO! If looks could kill!

• Love 2

The 8 year olds case was weird. Dad definitely wanted moola-moola-moola x 1000.  The side eye gave me flashbacks to high school. There was a girl who wore her hair parted at the side but her bangs covered one eye. Sometimes she used to sit at lunch with her visible eye closed and you just knew she was looking at you with the hair covered eye. Creepy.

Yeah, watching the dog/car window episode here, too.  Is there a JJ drinking game for the phrase "What happened was..."?  I am so ashamed of these California girls who behave this way (tall blonde in particular) Have you no shame?

Saturday's reruns for us included one I'd never seen before - Creepy Car Dealer with the Heart of Gold who was only trying to help the poor young woman re-purchase her impounded car at auction, but she turned out to be "rotten inside." Nader Amirvand tried to come off as the innocent stooge, but turns out he has a criminal history. And Alexsondra's mother, who was sooo outraged at this dirty old man and his romantic text messages to her naive young daughter, apparently never spoke out until the free car deal went awry. What a crew.

Only a matter of time before little Miss. TicketGetter has a record of her own. And I'll bet mommy encouraged her to string the guy along.

• Love 1

I remembered dog/car window from the first airing. I'd love to see the scenario where passerby yells into a stranger's car that contains large barking dogs. 

Yeah, when my large black dog who sounds aggressive (but who is really a major wimp) barks at someone, they freak out. They don't get in her face. 

You forgot to mention how goofy the plaintiff acted.  Judge Judy tied into her too.  Her home instructions from the ER said to quit smoking. (Like that always do for smokers.)  JJ seemed to imply the lady smoked something other than alcohol.  

Loved that the defendents said the plaintiff got her injuries from falling on a cactus.  Did not get that the fall was caused by the dog and thus was their fault.  

• Love 2

How about the foster mom and former foster daughter repeat today? Foster daughter was too "disabled" with her asthma to hold a job, but that didn't stop her from pushing out a couple of kids. That said, Foster Mom was a real treat! She let slip that she was "paying for life insurance" on her former foster daughter, like she deserved a gold star.

When JJ asked, "And who is the beneficiary?", Mom replied "I am!" Nice of Mom to set it up so she inherits a nice chunk of change if Former Foster Daughter dies while having her next baby.

Seriously, I wasn't aware that insurers will sell life insurance policies to persons who aren't the spouse or the child being covered.

• Love 1

That said, Foster Mom was a real treat! She let slip that she was "paying for life insurance" on her former foster daughter, like she deserved a gold star.

When JJ asked, "And who is the beneficiary?", Mom replied "I am!"

Had I been Foster Daughter, I would've insisted on preparing all of my own meals once Foster Mama purchased that life insurance policy. I can just hear Mama the next time she's in court: "Honest, Your Honor, I have no idea how that ground glass got into her salad dressing...."

• Love 3

About the repeat case yesterday involving Dish Network, bikers, nuisance texts, and an engagement ring: I was only half paying attention since the litigants weren't very interesting. JJ usually homes in on the jewelry, but this time she didn't dwell on the ring very long when faced with that potpourri of madness!

The male litigant adamantly denied they had been engaged, and the woman was insisting they were. If the woman had played it cool and described the ring as a "gift", not an engagement ring, she would have gotten to keep it.

Then to top it off, in the hallterview she admitted sending the nuisance texts!

I have no doubt that she signed him up for the magazines too, what a nutcase this woman is.

Oh, I forgot about the magazines! And he had a big pile on the table in front of him. I think Crazy Dish Ex signed him up, too. Shame he couldn't prove it was her.

I saw the repeat of the stolen shotgun. Pawn broker sues defendant for $800 + because defendant pawned a stolen shotgun which he got as a gift (or bought it) from a guy who goes by 2 names.

I have no doubt that she signed him up for the magazines too, what a nutcase this woman is.

I'm not too ashamed to admit I did this to  former boss--I got such passive-aggressive delight in hearing him bitch about the onslaught of magazines which were never ordered!

• Love 4

I'm not too ashamed to admit I did this to  former boss--I got such passive-aggressive delight in hearing him bitch about the onslaught of magazines which were never ordered!

Ack! Onemoretime, many moons ago (in pre-Internet days), I placed an ad in the "Casual Encounters" section of a dating paper for my cheating ex-BF, with his phone number listed. Immature, but oh, so satisfying!

• Love 3
(edited)

A Grinder mention on Judge Judy, even she knew that guy wasn't looking for a friend on there LOL!

Right? Oh MAN. Grindr! It's like Friendster...except it's the total opposite.

I wonder how many ladies watching were all, "Oh! Grinder! I should get that app and find some new bridge club members."

Murphy was a bitchy little twink and I'm glad he didn't get to extend his 3 minutes of fame with a bonus interview that would have consisted of him talking about how ugly and old the Plaintiff was and why he would NEVER sleep with him because he has a million guys his own age who are hotter and smarter and drive a nicer car.

Edited by Guest

Oh, good grief!  The case of 3 vacations, lady wanted to be paid back for taking her friend.  JJ says something to the effect of "Well, why should you expect to get paid for THIS trip, you took her for free 2 other times?".  Damn, the woman agreed to pay her!  And is she obligated til the end of time to take this lady on vacation?  JJ is so unreasonable sometimes.

• Love 3

Regarding revenge magazine subscriptions, I used to work with a woman who decided to get back at her despised boss by baking him brownies with chocolate Ex-Lax as the secret ingredient. So unwanted magazines? Not so bad, in comparison.

• Love 2

We're getting decent 2nd hour repeats. Monday night it was the Late Bloomer case. Father of 19 or 20 year old Late Bloomer sued LB's friends for damaging the car Dad gave to LB.  And last night one of the cases was the sister suing her other sister for putting the electric bill in her name after their mother had it turned off to force the defendant sister  out of the house.

I always imagined there was much better-looking traffic on Grindr -- yikes.

I've never heard of Grindr, but you folks have made me afraid to look it up. Dare I ask, what is it?

Mr. Matty Matt, thank you for telling me/us what Grinder is.  I didn't know what it was or what it was all about.  Sometimes I hate computers....  (Now I'm stroking my own computer lovingly and telling it how much I appreciate it, just in case they become sentient and take over the world...)

• Love 2

Major frustration! For some reason my DVR didn't tape the second episodes of JJ a few days last week, including the Grindr one (which I'd been anticipating after seeing the older plaintiff and the younger squirmy "He wanted more than friendship, but I didn't" stud in the preview). But my machine does record the excruciatingly boring saga of the six-or-seven puppy litter from the backyard breeding of a Jack Russell and a mutt. The fidgety defendant was sooo annoying, and then when he mentioned purposely mating the two dogs because he thought the resulting pups would be "interesting"...what with all the unwanted puppies in shelters and pounds at any given moment....ugh!  He just ground my gears in the worst way.

• Love 1

I watched a repeat this morning with a guy who stays home and takes care of the kids while the girlfriend works.  JJ was apoplectic.  I'm sure she would have no problem with a woman who stays home to take care of the kids while the boyfriend goes to work.

• Love 2
(edited)

Today's show where a woman is suing her tenants because their dog bit her little girl.  The woman turned the tenants' water off, even though they have a two year lease, and JJ's response was, "A-move!  Move tomorrow!"  Does she really believe somebody can up and move at the drop of a hat?  She is so far out of the scope of reality.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3