Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Peeking at their social media... drugs are indeed high (pun intended) priority for them and I'll bet anything her "glass art" is bongs.

I was thinking the same thing. . . JJ-infused minds think alike. 

4 hours ago, Quof said:

like when Quinceanera Mom was called out on her lie that they only had 515 guests, when she previously told the producer she had 600.   Bam - event planner gets paid for 85 extra guests. 

Oh, there's somebody counting at EVERY event. My daughter told the caterer 105 guests at her wedding and they counted 108 and billed her for the extra three. I work part time at a church and there's always a guy at mass wandering around with one of those little clicker thingies counting the crowd. 

Bongey McNeckTattoo was such a scammah. I see people working at Walmart as greeters in wheelchairs with cerebral palsy and this dude can't lift his shoulder or it dislocates? I claim BS on that. My ex-gymnast daughter had shoulder surgery for a chronically dislocating shoulder years ago and she was still doing conditioning, running laps, doing lower body strength AND attending school while she was injured. Perhaps all the ink from his neck tattoos seeped into what parts of his brain were left after cooking meth (going to have to watch some old episodes of Breaking Bad and see if Mr. White and Jesse lift their arms while cooking in the old RV....)

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Today's episodes were about light physical violence brought on by triflin' folks fighting  about dumb shit.

And a very attractive young lady and her very old parents who got ripped off by some sheister who took the woman's money for a deposit on a wedding venue That had no heat in the building.

Naw...these were the ones I got, too. The first case was making me nuts because the Defendant kept saying the "OrTHeum Theater." Orpheum! It's the Orpheum Theater! Also, I couldn't see crap on that video. Hold the phone horizontally, people! 

The family in the second case? I think before it was announced they were from Kansas I just knew they were from Kansas. 

48 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And a very attractive young lady and her very old parents who got ripped off by some sheister who took the woman's money for a deposit on a wedding venue That had no heat in the building.

Of course, the kicker here is that he never owned the building, and saw no reason to give them back their money.

The dingo/pitbull mix!  Yowza!

• Love 8

Orlando did seem to be trying to make a better life for himself.  Montreil, not so much. My take is Montreil needed a quick $20 for some crack, meth, whatever. She thought she'd run over to Orlando's and see if he'd give her $20 in trade for something sexual. It must have slipped her mind that he hadn't wanted anything to do with her for a long time, so she just barged  through the door when his friend said he wasn't there. Then slapped Orlando around when he came back and trashed the place before breaking the bedroom window and climbing out. She was a real peach, that one!

The theater brawlers case wasn't real interesting until the end. The two defendants were scary bitches and I'm positive they brawl on the regular and follow up with nasty, foul voicemails.

• Love 7

I saw the Orlando/Montreil case today and thought the 911 operator was a nasty bitch to Orlando. I know that they are supposed to be very "just the facts" but here's a guy who was very clearly in distress with maniacal cackling going on along with sounds of things getting broken and she was just.... bitchy.  That case was just bizarro in the extreme. I agree with the person upthread that said Montreil was looking for some quick cash to buy a snack of meth or something and was making herself available to Orlando, who clearly was not interested.

• Love 13

chenoa333 that's the same new episode I got.  Crazy fighters and then the non building owner taking money for the wedding.  I wonder how they found a replacement venue in one month.

my rerun is a dude who got out of jail calling 911 on his gf who broke into house.  

• Love 2

I also thought the 911 operator was pretty bitchy. It was obvious the guy was in a volatile situation and she didn't seem to get the sense of urgency or to even care. I know working that job is rather stressful and that they get more than their fair share of idiots calling. But, she sure didn't seem like she gave a rats ass whether this guy was in danger or not.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I also thought the 911 operator was pretty bitchy. It was obvious the guy was in a volatile situation and she didn't seem to get the sense of urgency or to even care. I know working that job is rather stressful and that they get more than their fair share of idiots calling. But, she sure didn't seem like she gave a rats ass whether this guy was in danger or not.

I've never had to call 911, do they always ask so many questions when you call? Like date of birth? I just didn't get it.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Eliza422 said:

I've never had to call 911, do they always ask so many questions when you call? Like date of birth? I just didn't get it.

I've had to call 911 three times and here in NYC it's pretty straightforward and just the absolute basic facts such as address, what's the emergency and your name. One time my husband called 911 for me as I fainted in the street. I live in a neighborhood called Riverdale in The Bronx and we have weird streets that dead end, then resume a block later (it cuts down on thru traffic). Anyway, the ambulance couldn't find us and my neighbor eventually tracked them down, that part was a little disconcerting. (I fainted because I was watching a super blood moon and standing still while twisting my neck upward had a bad effect on blood to my head). 

• Love 2

I have to side with the 911 operator. She kept asking for his address and he was rambling that she should have technology to know his address. If you call 911 from a cell phone they have your cell phone number (and possibly a name) not your address. Finally, he tells her the address. As soon as she had the address a dispatch was sent out. She continued to ask questions because that is what she is supposed to do. Get as much info to pass along to the officers responding. His birthday would help identify him. What, if any drugs defendant was on. Orlando was all over the place. I think the operator did well to cut through the chaos and trying to get him to focus on her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

A granddaughter is a dispatcher/911 operator -- I'll ask her about the procedure, next time I see her.  My understanding is that the operators usually send an officer to the scene right away -- as soon as they're clear on the address. 

With Montreil yelling and singing in the background, it might have been difficult for the dispatcher to get the address.  The other questions might have been to shut him up, since he kept repeating himself like a little bitch. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Of course, the kicker here is that he never owned the building, and saw no reason to give them back their money.

The dingo/pitbull mix!  Yowza!

I thought he said jindo/pitbull which would be just as much of a yowza, like why would anyone crossbreed that mix and anyone who has puppies better have excellent insurance. 

8 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I've called 911 on a number of occasions (I used to live in a shady neighborhood with heroin dealers/users ["Snack eaters"] and thieves [THAT WAS FUN]). Once, I was driving home late at night and there was a car going south in the northbound lane of traffic -- and had I not been paying super-extra close attention, would have slammed into me head on. I knew what highway I was on but not the town so I called 911 from my mobile and just gave them an approximate location. I presume they were able to trace my exact whereabouts because they didn't rake me over the coals for not knowing. No operator ever asked my date of birth. 

9 hours ago, Taffy said:

She kept asking for his address and he was rambling that she should have technology to know his address.

Wouldn't it have taken less words and less time just to give the address?

I haven't watched most of these, but I'm thinking reading these posts might be more entertaining than the actual show.

• Love 4

I give 911 operators a lot of credit for generally being calm in stressful situations.  That said, I watch a lot of true crime stories and they play back a lot of 911 calls.  The caller will say, "My wife's been shot!" and the operator will ask, "Who shot her?" or some other ridiculous question. Geez!  Send an ambulance!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I give 911 operators a lot of credit for generally being calm in stressful situations.  That said, I watch a lot of true crime stories and they play back a lot of 911 calls.  The caller will say, "My wife's been shot!" and the operator will ask, "Who shot her?" or some other ridiculous question. Geez!  Send an ambulance!

THIS.  I watch a lot of crime shows too, and lots of 911 calls include questions from the operator like "She was shot?"  "Where?"  "Is she breathing?" Actually, "Is she breathing?" is a valid question, but if the answer is NO, these extra questions are superfluous, especially if he also says She is cold.  "Do you know who did it?"  GAH just send the ambulance as soon as you hear "My wife's been shot!".  You can glean the details later.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 3

But if they wait until later to ask questions, there is the potential for the perp (or whoever calls) to forget or enhance details.  That's one of the reasons it was a travesty that JonBenet's parents were not required to go to the police station and answer questions as soon as it was determined that there was a crime.  All of their eventual answers were provided AFTER their defense lawyers told them what to say (and what not to say).

• Love 6

The defendant in the wedding case was a total Scammy McScammerson. It takes some chutzpah to start changing the contact information and proclaiming "under new management" on fliers for a venue you don't even own yet (and wound up never owning). I didn't even care about the boiler and the heat and whatnot. I would have given the plaintiffs the judgment based solely on the fact that Scammy McScammerson never owned the property in question.

How is this not actual criminal fraud? It's like those people who put pictures of houses they don't own on Craigslist "for rent" and collect deposits for them

• Love 5
5 hours ago, arejay said:

Dingo/Pitbull mix.  How did that even happen?

My exact thought!  Macho guys love Pit Bulls and if you mix one with a wild dog, even better!  I doubt he knew they only exist in Australia.  Had his dog bitten someone he would have said pit bull, poodle mix.  :^) 

911 does not have the technology to get cell locations but they are working on it.  This is crucial since so many of us don't have a house phone. 

• Love 1

The show uses a laugh stinger that has one woman laughing that they use every time they try to make us think somebody has said something funny.  The stinger itself is annoying, but they use it over and over again.  Can't they find somebody else laughing and record that?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The show uses a laugh stinger that has one woman laughing that they use every time they try to make us think somebody has said something funny.  The stinger itself is annoying, but they use it over and over again.  Can't they find somebody else laughing and record that?

I never noticed that.  I will have to watch closely today.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Taffy said:

I have to side with the 911 operator. She kept asking for his address and he was rambling that she should have technology to know his address.  

They should, yeah, but that requires system updates that they don't have the money for. He was in a building, he could have given her something in the time it took to argue - not like people who have called from their car and aren't sure where they are.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Thanks silver raven. From now on I'm sure that's all I'm going to hear when I watch this show?

• Love 1

I haven't noticed the laugh plant but I think she may be there on purpose to show the audience that laughing is welcome.  Maybe no one would laugh feeling they shouldn't if she was not there to get them going.  

On 2/1/2017 at 2:18 PM, augmentedfourth said:

That was my take on it, too. We generally have excellent health insurance. HOWEVER, within the past year, either the insurance company itself or the third-party company who handles it for Mr. Fourth's employer (and others) came up with a new rule, which I have mixed feelings about: if you go to the ER and they decide that even if you're admitted, whatever brought you to the ER was not a life-or-death situation, you're on the hook for all the ER expenses. (I do not know what the appeal process for that is like; based on my experience with money-related appeals, I'm guessing not good.) So that $3,300 co-pay was not surprising 

I had an insurance plan that was marketplace so I paid $300 a month for it, they also had a Medicaid version. No dr would take mine because it WASN'T Medicaid. Got sick, to where I was dehydrated, elevated heart rate, dizzy, incoherent. Called multiple dr offices that refused my insurance, Went to one of those stand alone ERs that take all insurance. Few weeks later got a bill for $7000. My insurance had the dr on their payroll look at the medical records and said it didn't qualify for an ER visit. Even thought I ended up with 2 IVs and dr offices usually can't do those.

• Love 1

Today's episode was the best proof of stupid. Lady got in an accident, admitted it was her fault, and  had no insurance. She gave the defendant a fake number and once the defendant started contacting her AFTER getting the correct number to repay the $1000 deductible, she sues for harassment. JJ explains why she has no case and the lady still insists she does and doesn't understand why she wouldn't. And then the defendant wins her counter claim. These are my favorite types of episodes. Where someone comes in with a crazy case and end up losing or get judgment against them.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Wonderingirl83 said:

Today's episode was the best proof of stupid. Lady got in an accident, admitted it was her fault, and  had no insurance. She gave the defendant a fake number and once the defendant started contacting her AFTER getting the correct number to repay the $1000 deductible, she sues for harassment. JJ explains why she has no case and the lady still insists she does and doesn't understand why she wouldn't. And then the defendant wins her counter claim. These are my favorite types of episodes. Where someone comes in with a crazy case and end up losing or get judgment against them.

And, after the stupid woman kept harping about the defendant harassing her and accusing her of vandalizing her car, it came out that she was driving on a suspended license! We also got the bonus of her loudmouth friend getting the boot from JJ. It was great.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

And, after the stupid woman kept harping about the defendant harassing her and accusing her of vandalizing her car, it came out that she was driving on a suspended license! We also got the bonus of her loudmouth friend getting the boot from JJ. It was great.

It was, but does anyone think that maybe the defendant did vandalize plaintiff's car?  I suppose plaintiff could have other enemies besides the defendant, but they never really got into the vandalism. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I haven't noticed the laugh plant but I think she may be there on purpose to show the audience that laughing is welcome.  Maybe no one would laugh feeling they shouldn't if she was not there to get them going.  

It's not a real person, it's just a taped clip.

• Love 1

I may have to stop watching JJ for a bit.  I can't take the butchering of words and phrases any more.  It's a silly thing to some people, but hearing obviously mispronounced words drives me up the damn wall.  I get that different regions have different accents; that's not what I makes me crazy. I'm from Boston, so I know all about regional accents so heinous that they make your ears bleed.  It's things like "he hit me in da mouf."  Dey had to call da amblance !"  "My Vee-HICKAL was damaged." "I didn't know my ee-surance lapped" "She had boughten me dat TV."  Don't even get me started on the misuse of pronouns ( or should that be 'don't even get I started'???)There are many more on a daily basis, but the mangling has really hit me hard this week for some reason!

• Love 4

Regarding the 9-1-1 tape, my impression is that the plaintiff kept giving the operator his address but she couldn't hear him because the defendant was acting like a lunatic in the background. Out of frustration, the plaintiff said to track his address by GPS. Also 9-1-1 operators ask who stabbed/shot victims so police can have it as evidence if the story changes. I watch A LOT of Forensic Files :).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Wait, did we just learn that after all these years Burt doesn't know how to read a Kelly Blue Book?  I have to say I was impressed JJ adjusted her opinion. 

Or, perhaps we've just seen the problem with relying on an old fashioned printed version. First off, the value varies depending on your location, but a big problem is that Byrd (and Sonja and the other TV bailiffs) have a wide range of poor up to excellent condition to choose from and we never see them asking condition questions before arbitrarily assigning a value. ITA that it was nice to see JJ switch gears and credit the plaintiff and her Internet KBB value.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

It was, but does anyone think that maybe the defendant did vandalize plaintiff's car?  I suppose plaintiff could have other enemies besides the defendant, but they never really got into the vandalism. 

I don't think anyone vandalized her car. I think she was hoping to get some cash to fix the scratches and dents she put on it while she rolled around without a license or insurance. Didn't she accuse the defendant of slashing her tire? She probably had a flat from running over a nail but 'someone slashed my tire' sounded so much more dramatic!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Wonderingirl83 said:

And then the defendant wins her counter claim. These are my favorite types of episodes. Where someone comes in with a crazy case and end up losing or get judgment against them.

The defendant said a couple of times that she had something to contradict the plaintiff, but JJ shushed her. Finally she was able to whip out a paper from the Secretary of Stare proving that the plaintiff's driver's license was suspended.  That ranks up there in the Top 100 JJ moments of all time. 

• Love 12
On 2/2/2017 at 9:35 PM, lovesnark said:

The theater brawlers case wasn't real interesting until the end. The two defendants were scary bitches and I'm positive they brawl on the regular and follow up with nasty, foul voicemails.

My post on this disappeared...

Dies anyone remember the old "Superman" series in black and white?  Lois Lane's skirts were so tight we used to wonder how she walked.  The defendant, in a Lois Lane skirt, looked like a man dressed as a woman (see Michael Caine in "Dressed to Kill"). Her foul mouthed, pink haired friend was a nurse, someone said. I had surgery recently and had a Nurse Ratchet in the recovery room, so Pinky would fit right in there too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I think the chance of other enemies is very high. That whole "nothing is ever my fault" attitude practically guarantees it.

ETA: and now she's talking about "three different incidents". It would not surprise me if they were from three different people!

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 6

Yesterday's Ford Expedition seller/KellyBlueBook.com user was pleasant and articulate enough, but I was certain with that horrid self tanner and bleached white hair that she must be a layabout party girl. Turns out she's attorney at law.  Surprised that never came out. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

whip out a paper from the Secretary of Stare

I know this is a typo, but it gave me a little giggle fit. I imagine if someone held that actual position, they'd probably look a lot like this:

8a7dfkur.jpg

Don't forget to note that Miss no-insurance suspended-license gal was named Velvet. Nice touch. Velvet was hoisted by the clean-hands petard. 

This case was gleeful fun.  JJ really had her number about the "wrong" phone number. Oh she also had "texes" from defendant showing she had agreed to go to an alley repair person but then she got "greedy" with it. Sure. 

BTW I came several days late to the eyebrows gal. Wowza! I suppose boyfriend could get a job if he lost his gigantic neck tattoos and his drug dealing conviction. 

• Love 7

OMG! Saturday morning entertainment -- the look on Velvet Polk's face when Judge Judy was dismissing her case was awesome.  

There's no board for Judge Mathis, probably for good reason since his litigants are the biggest morons on the planet, and he often behaves like a buffoon.  I'd rather have mean (JJ) over buffoonery.  However, the hair on someone in the audience last week was snark-worthy.  It looked like a badly crocheted red flower taped to the top of her head.  

• Love 5