Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I think the coins are his way of thanking them.  That's typically what they are used for.  My husband has a display of ones he's bought/been given in his office. 

But can that guy not not do math 55x25 is less than he owed those guys.

I stumbled upon this video.  I am not sure how long ago this was, but she is pretty angry but nowhere near how she acts today.    She is clearly gotten more cranky as the years go on

• Love 1

JJ did it again today.  Just because the plaintiff admired the breeder's photo of the male cat (as an example of what the litter looked like), JJ insisted that plaintiff must have wanted the male instead of the female that she'd asked for.

If plaintiff had wanted the male, she would have taken the male.  Instead, she went home with the female cat  -- the one that she wanted -- and made the mistake of believing the breeder when she said that the female's eye problem was temporary.

Tomorrow's landlord-tenant case looks awesome!  What a bunch of hags!

• Love 7

JJ just keeps on screwing the pooch.  The man had a CONTRACT!  Signed and everything!  It doesn't matter that there was no damage, it was THE CONTRACT!  She always insists on this, and then arbitrarily rules against it.  She needs to retire!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

JJ just keeps on screwing the pooch.  The man had a CONTRACT!  Signed and everything!  It doesn't matter that there was no damage, it was THE CONTRACT!  She always insists on this, and then arbitrarily rules against it.  She needs to retire!

Bottom line - how would you like to be married to "Mr. Everyone-Must-Obey-My-Rules?  Sheesh. 

True Brattinella, she is a stickler for the "four corners" of a contract but I don't think the contract said specifically that if the plaintiff didn't adhere to Grand Poobah's rules he wouldn't get back the deposit.  Or did it? 

I'm confused.  These people really make my head spin. 

I have a passing FB acquaintance with the defendant in the Devon Rex case, Rebecca Ansari.  She is a long-time breeder, and a most reputable one at that, too.  She has a FB group where owners of her cats post pictures, she answers questions... she is no fly-by-night kitten mill breeder.  I was predisposed to believe her since I have been in that group for years (though I don't own a cat, allergies), but never saw anything but over-the-moon customers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I have a passing FB acquaintance with the defendant in the Devon Rex case, Rebecca Ansari.  She is a long-time breeder, and a most reputable one at that, too.  She has a FB group where owners of her cats post pictures, she answers questions... she is no fly-by-night kitten mill breeder.  I was predisposed to believe her since I have been in that group for years (though I don't own a cat, allergies), but never saw anything but over-the-moon customers.

Yeah, the breeder seemed fine.  She went above and beyond to help defendant adopt a cat.  She even let the plaintiff stay in her house! 

My problem with JJ's ruling is that she (JJ) was so concerned with catching plaintiff in a lie (male cat vs. female cat) that we never got to hear what was wrong with the female cat, whether Ansari made any warranties about the cat's health, what the vet bills were, etc. 

• Love 5
On 1/24/2017 at 2:49 PM, Spunkygal said:

Sadly, I watched every episode of that train wreck of a show. I never for one minute thought Whitney got sober at anytime after she split from Bobby.

Wow. I never saw any of that show before. I thought it has been embargoed for years. Rightfully so. So sad. 

I am going to have to go back and watch the cat case because I have a totally different take.  It had two issues one seems to have been that she traveled all the way there to have the breeder say the female wasn't for sale and she would have to buy the male..  Her email saying she wanted the female was dated 2/22.  She email saying wanted the male was dated 2/27.  The trip was at some point beyond the 27th.  Judge Judy ruled that she had traveled their expecting to buy the male.

When plaintiff got to the breeder's home she changed her mind again and elected to buy the female instead of the male, even though it was showing signs of teary eyes and she had been told previously it was not for sale for a cold which the breeder later elaborated that the cold could have been a host of upper respiratory problems and the only way to know for certain what it was would take veterinarian testing that could take weeks.  Even though the plaintiff was told the cat had 'teary eyes' and given a tube of medication.  She took the animal anyway.   Judge Judy offered her the option of returning the cat for a refund but the plaintiff opted to keep the cat.p

She apparently sued for the vet bills for treatment of the cat which from her comments in the hallway has a chronic condition, breach of contract and fraud.  I image the last two amounted to the cost of the cat and her flight. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Yeah, the breeder seemed fine.  She went above and beyond to help defendant adopt a cat.  She even let the plaintiff stay in her house! 

My problem with JJ's ruling is that she (JJ) was so concerned with catching plaintiff in a lie (male cat vs. female cat) that we never got to hear what was wrong with the female cat, whether Ansari made any warranties about the cat's health, what the vet bills were, etc. 

I was hoping we'd hear more about it too. But, from what the woman said in her hallterview, it sounds like the cat has feline herpesvirus, also known as viral rhinotracheitis. It can be mild - goopy eyes easily treated with ointment - to a severe, constant respiratory infection. L-lysine is very helpful in a lot of cases and it comes in gel and treat forms that most cats love. I had a barn cat that I took from a shelter after he'd been there for a year after being found with a badly healed broken leg. He limped but got around just fine and he had a raging case of feline herpes. Chronic snotty nose, runny eyes, sneezed snot everywhere. He was longhaired and looked like hell one spring, all matted and nasty. A vet friend had me bring him into her clinic so we could sedate him and clean him up. She intubated him after sedation to make sure we'd be able to maintain a good O2 level. Putting the tube in dislodged a ton of gunk that had been in his airway for who knows how long. After that, he looked really spiffy and was never so congested again. He was an awesome cat and I'm so glad I was able to liberate him from the hell he'd been forced to live in for a year :) 

Sorry for the ramble. The breeder sounded like she knew it could be a chronic thing and that's why she tried to steer the woman to the other kitten. And, she was right. Goopy eyes are very common in kittens and you don't know if it's a one time thing or is going to be a chronic problem.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, speac said:

I am going to have to go back and watch the cat case because I have a totally different take.  It had two issues one seems to have been that she traveled all the way there to have the breeder say the female wasn't for sale and she would have to buy the male..  Her email saying she wanted the female was dated 2/22.  She email saying wanted the male was dated 2/27.  The trip was at some point beyond the 27th.  Judge Judy ruled that she had traveled their expecting to buy the male.

I've already deleted it or I'd rewatch too.  I never got the impression that she wanted the male -- all she said in response to the photo was something like "nice" or "nice boy" -- a polite compliment.

lovesnark, thanks for the info on that condition.  Good work with the barn cat!

• Love 2

I think it was a series of texts that convinced JJ.  The plaintiff said she didn't want to go there without seeing a photo of the kitten she would adopt. The defendant shows her the male, plaintiff asks if it's a male or female, defendant tells her it's a male, and plaintiff responds something like "how beautiful ". Since plaintiff didn't ask for a photo of the female, and said she wanted a photo of the kitten before she flew there, it's implied that the male cat would therefore be the one she's adopting.

• Love 2

Hey, nobody's commenting on the grandma case.  I loved that one.  I love a case where the audience applauds the dismissal of a douchey plaintiff. 

Here plaintiff is suing his niece because she may have embezzled some Ensure from her grandma, plaintiff's mother, while niece visited her all the time, and he didn't even bother to visit once for almost a year.  JJ didn't buy his excuse of having disabled child.  

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 11

I love and hate those sorts of cases. When it comes to elder care and family issues on one hand it is lovely to have JJ smack people down, but it just makes me sad for the elder in question. It seems like the niece did the best she could considering her life and I highly doubt she made money off of caring for her grandmother. Now her uncle is pissed at her and to punish her moves the grandmother to a facility where she isn't near any family. It sounds like the facility itself is nice and new and there are care extras that she's getting but that isn't the same as knowing a familiar face will be coming to visit several times a week.

People have lives and I don't think leaving a disabled child in the care of one parent so you can travel is anywhere near as easy as JJ suggested (seriously, depending on the disability that could be downright impossible) so I do have sympathy for the Uncle on one level, but he's got to know that his niece wasn't getting rich off this situation. And even if she managed to pocket $100/month or something all that probably covers is the cost in gas to drive from here to there to buy the Ensure, tea, crackers etc. that she was getting for Grandma and it certainly doesn't cover the emotional toll that comes from caring for an elder family member.

• Love 7

Beside the point that niece obviously wasn't getting rich off embezzling from Grandma, uncle didn't seem to be contributing a penny to his mother's monthly income.  She was getting SS and a VA pension, if I recall.  Thus all that money he was worried about his niece stealing was yours and mine and Byrd's.  So what exactly was he suing for?  I hope he falls into a canal full of alligators with a taste for bald hypocrites. 

Unbelievable to me sometimes (sometimes!) that people would want themselves to be seen acting like this.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, Quof said:

Specifically Club Crackers.

Those damn things are good.

I bet I could give grandmom a run for her money in a Club Cracker Contest.

I'd also bet dollars to donuts that niece was buying her grandma everything she wanted, and granny was just making it up that she was cracker-less just so she could force her son to come and check on her while she was still alive, and give him a chance to show that he loved her.  I've known old people to play exactly that same game.  Surprise!  Now she's in some home where granddaughter can only visit from time to time, and I'll bet sonny boy still never comes to visit.  She screwed herself out of visits from the one person who probably did care about her.

• Love 15

The landlord-tenant case today sounds like someone made an honest mistake.  Plaintiff hired some guys to move her crap, and they accidentally took some crap that didn't belong to her.  Or she told them to take the crap but the crap got back to its rightful owner, so no harm-no foul.

I had to think though -- looking at those three old gals -- I bet they were pretty cute when they were younger.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Would that make you PsychoKlubKrackerKlown?

It could but I think it depends on how far I'd be willing to go to achieve the title.

For the record, I'm not above cheating or elbowing someone who might be in competition for the glory.  Even a woman in her 80's.  All bets are off.

19 crackers?  She's a piker.  I can eat twice that amount.

3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The landlord-tenant case today sounds like someone made an honest mistake.  Plaintiff hired some guys to move her crap, and they accidentally took some crap that didn't belong to her.  Or she told them to take the crap but the crap got back to its rightful owner, so no harm-no foul.

I had to think though -- looking at those three old gals -- I bet they were pretty cute when they were younger.

But, wasn't the plaintiff suing because she didn't get her crap? The defendants said she left to go to a funeral and never came back. She supposedly ignored their calls for five weeks and only responded after getting a text telling her all her crap was at the Goodwill in Folsom. I missed the end, did JJ dismiss the whole shebang? Misconscrewed.......another entry for the lingo thread.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

But, wasn't the plaintiff suing because she didn't get her crap? The defendants said she left to go to a funeral and never came back. She supposedly ignored their calls for five weeks and only responded after getting a text telling her all her crap was at the Goodwill in Folsom. I missed the end, did JJ dismiss the whole shebang? Misconscrewed.......another entry for the lingo thread.

Ya know, I'm not sure why she was suing.  I think you're right -- she sued for her crap, and defendant counter-sued for unpaid rent (the cash in the pink envelope). 

Yeah, JJ dismissed the case. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

Wow, those old ladies suing each other for missing items had a lot of mileage - drugs and/or drinking sucked all of the juice out of them.  

I was referring to this case at times as, "Is There Anyone Not Named 'Kathy' Here," or "Everyone on the Right Needs to Head Immediately to Rehab," or "I Haven't Changed my Hairstyle since 1977 When I was 18." I would have really liked to have known the nature of the plaintiff's disability because she appeared to be in pretty bad physical shape. 

I blamed the "misconscrewed" either on drug-induced slurring or the lack of teeth. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I would have really liked to have known the nature of the plaintiff's disability because she appeared to be in pretty bad physical shape.

Maybe she had the same condition as a litigant on TPC the other day - "Osarosis."

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

"I Haven't Changed my Hairstyle since 1977 When I was 18."

They're probably still trying to find out the answer to that age-old question - "Is it true blondes have more fun?"

• Love 4

The misconscrewed plaintiff looked like she had some serious neck/spine issues going on. She turned her body instead of turning her head. She said she moved into the defendant's after having surgery. This + alleged oxycontin use + disability tells the sleuth in me that she probably has a degenerative spine disease or suffered a traumatic spine injury at one time in her life. Probably both.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

"I Haven't Changed my Hairstyle since 1977 When I was 18."

Hey!  I WAS 18 in 1977, and I look NOTHING like those old dames.  They had to have been in their 80s, if they were a day old.  Even adding in their having been "rode hard and put away wet".  ; )

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

They had to have been in their 80s, if they were a day old. 

Girrrrrrrlllll...these are Judge Judy litigants. They're not in their 80s -- they're probably like 37. 

Quintero mom wanted to eat the steak and not pay for it -nor the other 614 steaks at the party.

Gatherings cost money.  Lots and lots of money and I understand the whole idea behind a Quintero celebration.   What I don't understand is throwing a party for your child, inviting 600 plus "friends and family members" and then trying to weasel out of paying the bill by complaining about a few chairs and a tip jar.

First of all, who has 600 plus friends and family?  And on another note the parents looked like they could ill afford 9k on an eight hour party. My impression is that Quintero Mom and Dad had this extravagant party then realized they didn't have the money to pay for it so they figured if they complained that the defendant ruined their daughter's party they might get a large chunk of it back.  

Nice try Mom and Dad but you both ate the steak and so did 600 of your closest friends...pay up.

P.S.  What kind of loot do you think this kid got for having a birthday?  Maybe she should help pay for it.

I'm astounded by the fact that the plaintiffs in today's case had 660 people at the daughter's quinceanera.  Is that the norm? To me, that's like having the entire town at a party. When the defendant/event planner said that the plaintiff was being a miser about beer cans for recycling, I wondered if the parents thought they were going to recoup some party expenses, a penny at a time, at the local recycling center.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I'm astounded by the fact that the plaintiffs in today's case had 660 people at the daughter's quinceanera. 

So that's how you spell it.  I spent a good five minutes looking it up. 

Live and learn.

36 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I'm astounded by the fact that the plaintiffs in today's case had 660 people at the daughter's quinceanera.  Is that the norm? To me, that's like having the entire town at a party. When the defendant/event planner said that the plaintiff was being a miser about beer cans for recycling, I wondered if the parents thought they were going to recoup some party expenses, a penny at a time, at the local recycling center.

Some of the quinceaneras I  have been to can rival gypsy weddings.

• Love 3

The tree case -- was defendant saying the branch wasn't dead when it broke and damaged his neighbor's property?  It slowly died after it fell?  He kept saying the branch wasn't dead.  What a silly man.  But nice of him to take the rubber band out of his beard before appearing on TV.

I would have loved for JJ to call a producer as a witness in the party case.  Sounds like plaintiff was bragging about the number of guests (we're so popular, don'cha know) but it came back to bite her. 

• Love 7