Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Second Guessing

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

"Doctor" Jenn is getting a lot of mileage out of her doctorate from a diploma mill, California Graduate Institute.

Miranda Jo Truitt and three other named plaintiffs sued the Chicago School of Professional Psychology and its subsidiaries, including TCS Global, in Superior Court. They allege fraud, conspiracy, false advertising and consumer law violations.  Also named as defendants are the California Graduate Institute and the school's national president Michelle Nealon-Woods and "lead faculty" member of the Los Angeles campus, David Sitzer.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/11/15/52281.htm

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

"Doctor" Jenn is getting a lot of mileage out of her doctorate from a diploma mill, California Graduate Institute.

Miranda Jo Truitt and three other named plaintiffs sued the Chicago School of Professional Psychology and its subsidiaries, including TCS Global, in Superior Court. They allege fraud, conspiracy, false advertising and consumer law violations.  Also named as defendants are the California Graduate Institute and the school's national president Michelle Nealon-Woods and "lead faculty" member of the Los Angeles campus, David Sitzer.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/11/15/52281.htm

Wow. 

• Love 4

Why is Tyler already visiting Catelynn at therapy? What was the point of her even going if he's going to show his weaselly face whenever she's trying to get help? Cate only stayed for a month, and we know from social media that Tyler visited her several times during. I've never been to a therapy/rehab center, but don't they usually discourage visitors until the patients show vast improvements? I think it's safe to say that Tyler is one of the main reasons behind Cate's depression and anxiety, and maybe he visited her to keep an eye on her and make sure she wasn't potentially spilling her guts about how awful he is to her. He did the same thing when she spoke to Dr. Drew on the phone and when she was crying to the producer about going away. He's such a control freak. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If his visits are filmed I will vomit.

If the rehab stay itself is filmed, I'll be pissed. Cate needs honest-to-God therapy away from the cameras and she's not getting it. She'll never get it if it's being filmed and she's scared to say the wrong thing on tape. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Why is Tyler already visiting Catelynn at therapy? What was the point of her even going if he's going to show his weaselly face whenever she's trying to get help? Cate only stayed for a month, and we know from social media that Tyler visited her several times during. I've never been to a therapy/rehab center, but don't they usually discourage visitors until the patients show vast improvements? I think it's safe to say that Tyler is one of the main reasons behind Cate's depression and anxiety, and maybe he visited her to keep an eye on her and make sure she wasn't potentially spilling her guts about how awful he is to her. He did the same thing when she spoke to Dr. Drew on the phone and when she was crying to the producer about going away. He's such a control freak. 

I had the exact same thought. When she was crying on the couch (well of course, where else?) about needing help, Tyler was watching her in a certain way. I may have been reading into it, but it just looked like a very pointed stare. They did show the same clip of him staring two times (they often do that in these shows) but I just had a strong sense about it. I truly believe he does try to control what she says, what she reveals, and how she is even supposed to look at things. I think there is whoooole damned lot about him that Cate can spill (and we as viewers already see so much. I can only imagine the rest. Ugh) and he knows it's Pandora's Box. Man, do I ever want that box to open. DO I EVER.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, starfire said:

Who's the random older black couple? And why doesn't Amber have a single person in her age group around her. Matt has surrounded her with his family and friends. His isolation of her is almost complete and any hope we had of her getting out from under his sell will be lost.

Wheres Bobby? Bibby? Bubby? Whatever the hell her brothers name is. He seemed to be the only one who could shoot straight to Amber and she halfway listened.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Who's the random older black couple? And why doesn't Amber have a single person in her age group around her. Matt has surrounded her with his family and friends. His isolation of her is almost complete and any hope we had of her getting out from under his sell will be lost.

Wheres Bobby? Bibby? Bubby? Whatever the hell her brothers name is. He seemed to be the only one who could shoot straight to Amber and she halfway listened.

Didn't her brother give his support to Amber at a reunion show when Matt sat there on the couch? He did not seem fazed by the relationship. Maybe he is worried about pushing Amber further away if he shows disapproval. His reasoning might be to just stand back so Matt does not keep Amber from him.

• Love 8

"We earned this, baby."  Holy shit. 

The sneak peak with Nova is sad. No one gives a shit about that child. While Tyler is practicing his Oscar, the kid is eating shit out of the carpet.

BTW, I'm still firmly in the camp that Catelynn was a using drugs other than marijuana. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

The sad thing is that I don't remember Amber ever having friends her own age. She's always hung out with Kousin Krystal and her brother and sometimes her mom or dad. I know that Farrah had those paid friends who disappeared after a season or two, but I can't recall Amber even having that. I think there was one this one woman who checked out a house with her, but that's it. She really is an easy target for a scumbag like Matt. She had already more or less isolated herself by the time he showed up. In one of the recent episodes, Amber admitted that part of the reason why she wanted her costars to be her bridesmaids was because she didn't have any friends of her own. Then she went on to say that she wasn't super-close to Maci or Farrah. She was already a lonely sadsack when Matt came around. I don't doubt for a second that he's intentionally isolating her from what little interaction she has with other people, but Amber has always been cut off from the rest of the world. 

• Love 11

Well, we already know that hella expensive rehab-not-for-drugs place did fuck all use for Catelynn, per her defending her weed smoking as recently as a week ago (or sooner?). I'd kill for that kind of free help! I also do not have a Tyler at home, though. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

"We earned this, baby."  Holy shit. 

The sneak peak with Nova is sad. No one gives a shit about that child. While Tyler is practicing his Oscar, the kid is eating shit out of the carpet.

BTW, I'm still firmly in the camp that Catelynn was a using drugs other than marijuana. 

Thank you. There is more than weed being ingested by Cate.

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Isolation is probably the number one tactic of an abuser.

It sure is and there is no doubt Matt is abusive to Amber. You can tell he isolates her. Allowing her to have several animals in the house is just a way to keep her mind occupied, whenever she is awake. The animals are also replacements for people. The only people Amber has a lot of contact with, are people Matt knows.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Didn't her brother give his support to Amber at a reunion show when Matt sat there on the couch? He did not seem fazed by the relationship. Maybe he is worried about pushing Amber further away if he shows disapproval. His reasoning might be to just stand back so Matt does not keep Amber from him.

Last season her brother sat her down and tried to talk her out of her engagement. He also expressed some concerns during the reunion show. I think he avoided being too vehement because he was afraid of Amber's reactions. Either he's choosing to quietly wait this out so that Matt doesn't keep Amber from him or he's already been cut out off Amber's life. I think her brother is married with kids and lives out of state, I am not sure that he has the time or means to be overly involved in Amber's life. It's sad, her brother seems to be the only positive influence in her life. Gary seemed to be trying, at least for Leah 's sake, but Amber doesn't take him seriously at all. Matt is sketchy and scary, I feel quite scared for Amber. 

• Love 10

Matt is a sociopath.  He has surrounded Amber with people in his employ ("Ex-Boss", "Favorite Cousin", "Black Couple") as they are all his puppets.  He reminds me of the husbands featured on those "Deadly Honeymoons" type true-crime series. Don't go scuba diving, Amber!

• Love 15

Matt is more like an Investigation Discovery in the works.

22 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Matt is a sociopath.  He has surrounded Amber with people in his employ ("Ex-Boss", "Favorite Cousin", "Black Couple") as they are all his puppets.  He reminds me of the husbands featured on those "Deadly Honeymoons" type true-crime series. Don't go scuba diving, Amber!

I'd be leery of Matt suddenly taking an interest in hiking near any cliffs or taking her boating. Oh, no. That's Uncle Dave.

• Love 13

I recall an interview with Amber quite a while back. Apparently when she was little, her younger sister died from SIDS. She stated that as a result she was ignored. Then she said she would never repeat the cycle. Perhaps she should review that interview.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Matt is more like an Investigation Discovery in the works.

I'd be leery of Matt suddenly taking an interest in hiking near any cliffs or taking her boating. Oh, no. That's Uncle Dave.

"Hey babe, what's the name of the park from that movie where James Franco got trapped and had to cut off his own arm? I know how much you've always wanted to go there, momma."

• Love 10

Matt has really gotten comfortable with Amber's money.  Why is the realtor calling his cellphone? HE HAS NO MONEY!! Amber is entirely too lazy.  I'm sure she has no clue how many ways this man has her money twisted in.  She seems content to sit back and let him handle all of the business (with her money) so she doesn't have to lift a finger or think a grown up thought.

Or drive! Is she incapable of driving anymore? 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 19

Tyler really has no idea how to take care of Nova, does he? He pens her with the dog, he changes her diaper on an airport floor instead of taking her into the bathroom, and he's completely over having her in his care. Dude straight-up has no idea how to be a father, and it really shows in tonight's episode. 

• Love 18

Oh Tyler, you fucktard. Let's have a serious conversation about Catelynn' s health, but first let's make sure we have the camera  blocking right. Asswipe.

And how dare Cate rest til noon. Cause damned if you can take care of your own child for a few hours so she can sleep. And fuck you too Tyler's mom.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 22

Seriously, LOL at Matt saying him and Amber ARE "uppa-class." Man, he sure hit the mother load with Amb, didn't he? Brand new cars, brand new (way out of their league) houses. He is sucking her absolutely dry. I'm at the point where I can't wait for it to fall apart. She is so delusional in believing all of his bs lies. All these "crazy exes" have the same story, Ambie, so they're not the crazy ones, you are for falling for it.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

One day Nova is going to wonder  right out of the door probably in search of food because  she has a contact high from all of her parent's 420 moments.

She and baby Adderall can hang out!

I swear I've been watching scenes of Farrah and Simon interact this whole time, and I have no idea what is going on in any of them.  Why are these people even near each other?  I imagine it's too late to leave Sophia out of it too, now that she's been around for the entire "relationship", marriage discussion and all.

I think Maci just really wants Jen and Larry at her wedding, but can't justify inviting them without inviting Ryan too. 

• Love 16

Farrah's dad trying to warn her that her idea of a relationship is messed up partly because she never saw a healthy relationship - and of course she just wants to hang up on him.  She's such a raging bitch.  

And those lips.  Just no.

• Love 24

Um, Maci said tonight to Taylor that their families would be the ones who would be upset about a court house wedding! That she and Taylor would be the only ones cool with that. I laughed at that statement. Also at Ryan's statement that weddings are fun!

Shut up Tyler!!!

• Love 20

It might be time for Ambie and Cate to get their own spin-off, or at least become roomies. They both love to sleep in until noon. They both have the same complaints. They both leave their daughters to others to do the parenting. At least Ambie has Gary, the other parent who can care for their child. Cate has Butch. Ambie is a drinker as is Cate. Cate loves her pot.

Too bad the title Dumb and Dumber has already been taken. That would have been a great spin-off title.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

His comment about Cate staying in bed until noon REALLY bothered me. I have suffered from depression over the past few years. Mine is a direct correlation of my progressive, and terminal, medical condition. Yes, there are days I sleep 10-12 hours a day. I hate it, feel guilty about it, and try to make every waking moment MATTER (especially since the variety of medications and supplements we've tried to counteract the fatigue have not worked). Telling her to "get her ass up" when she is suffering a symptom of a mental health disorder is similar to somebody telling a cancer patient to "stop the pain." She is not lying around in bed because she is lazy-she's doing it because depression causes fatigue, tiredness, lack of motivation, etc. 

Loved the juxtaposition of Gary's cheap (albeit sweet) vow renewal ceremony over Macy's "this is a nightmare" $20,000 wedding venue rental. Gary for the win. 

Like most people, Tyler doesn't understand clinical and/or post-partum depression.  It doesn't help that he's young, ignorant, and uneducated.  He's not exactly a go-getter himself, as he has no job and is not going to college.  

Maci telling Taylor that their parents would disown them if they got married at the courthouse made me laugh.  Why wouldn't they disown them for the out-of-wedlock children?  I would think they'd be pleasantly surprised and relieved that they finally made it legal.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh Tyler, you fucktard. Let's have a serious conversation about Catelynn' s health, but first let's make sure we have the camera  blocking right. Asswipe.

And how dare Cate rest til noon. Cause damned if you can take care of your own child for a few hours so she can sleep. And fuck you too Tyler's mom.

Because it cannot be said often enough, "STFU, TYLER!!!"

2 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Tyler really has no idea how to take care of Nova, does he? He pens her with the dog, he changes her diaper on an airport floor instead of taking her into the bathroom, and he's completely over having her in his care. Dude straight-up has no idea how to be a father, and it really shows in tonight's episode. 

It also looked like he was putting the diaper on wrong - the way he was taping it on.   It looked like one side was correct, but then it wrapped all the way around to almost the back.  

• Love 8

Is it wrong that for a second I thought Leah's compact was a birth control pill box?  Is it even wronger how, given her parents, it would almost be okay to me if it was a make believe birth control box?  I'm going to hell...

Farrah is just batshit.  Who wears a sequined jumpsuit to therapy?  I live in LA and that's OTT for even here.. I so don't even think this is even a real a relationship.  Farrah was kind of channeling Debra with those lips.

• Love 16

Wow, seeing Gary and Kristina on the beach compared to Maci and Taylor on the beach. Night and day! That was genuinely sweet, and LEAH COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE DARLING. When she told Kristina that she means so much to her I just melted. She was also precious with her face mask on.

It doesn't matter that Taylor had Jayde's pacifier in his mouth backwards. That was nasty. For Jayde, I mean.

If they really wanted to get married, they'd just go do it. I smell excuses. I wanted to elope but my husband wanted a modest little wedding because it meant a lot to his parents and especially his grandparents. So I caved. We had it at the church (I am NOT religious but my husband's family is), it was perfectly fine and cost about 1 dollar and 59 cents. You don't have to spend a crapload of money for a wedding, people!!!!!! People think WAY more about weddings than they do their marriages, for f's sake!

Those scissors on the counter were within Nova's reach as she was in her high chair. But, who cares about Nova?

Cate's "It's not okay" over the phone sounded like a sound bite from her breakdown episode. I'm not convinced that phone call was even real.

Farrah even wears sparkly showgirl outfits to her "therapy" sessions. I feel overwhelmingly underdressed at all times after seeing that woman. But at least my lips don't look like my privates after I gave birth.

Edited by AhFillAck
It ain't I
  • Love 17

"Get your ass up"-- says Tyler. Ugh. 

So you can what? Whine about Carly's parents for the cameras some more? Doesn't understand depression but also doesn't WANT to understand. And like others said, what is he-- a go-getter? He admits fully he doesn't really help with Nova, then claims that Cate is lazy. So what does that make him?!  What a selfish, lame-ass kid. Can't stand his self righteous mom, either. 

Lol at Maci's insistence that her family would be appalled by a courthouse wedding. Yes, you're OH so traditional, Maci. And Taylor is such a good working man. So sick of her trying to uphold these archetypes. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, teapot said:

I'm pretty sure that what we saw this episode was Nova frantically searching the house for Brandon & Teresa's contact info

*thumbs up*

I was going to post Nova was searching for the keys to one of the 4 vehicles in the driveway so she can get the hell outta there.

• Love 16