Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny latched on to Jill?  And came between her and Luann?  Not from what I remember. 

My recollection is that Jill had met Luann once and thought she would be a good fit for the "Manhattan Moms" show, so she recommended her.  They were not old friends.  Jill and Bethenny were most definitely the dynamic duo of the show right from the start.  It was never "Jill and Luann."   Lu left Ramona's cooking party because (as she put it) "why would I want to hang around all night with a bunch of WOMEN?"  It wasn't about standing up for Jill.  Once Jill turned green with envy about Bethenny getting her own show and came up with her ridiculous idea to have a feud with her, Luann went all in on becoming Jill's new sidekick and did everything she could to fan the flames of discontent and was actually willing to bodily separate them when it looked like they were finally going to sit down and hammer out their problems. If anyone was "latching onto Jill" it was Luann.  But, as explained in the post I quote above, Luann sucks at doing anything sneaky and everyone knew exactly what she was up to.  Thus she was christened the "Snake" by Bethenny and it has stuck to this day. 

It's actually an insult to self-respecting snakes everywhere, because they have much larger brains than Luann does.  And they are less slimy, lol. 

Luann and Jill were never on the outs, they got along.  Bethenny and Jill had a huge blow up at Jill's charity even and Jill even asked Bethenny to leave, season finale, Season 2.

Luann asked, "where's Jill?", and Ramona lied and said she was in the city and then turned around and said Jill should not be expected to be invited to everything.  I believe the reason Luann gave for leaving early was her husband was leaving the next day.   Luann hung out with Bethenny and Jill the first two seasons.  It really isn't Luann's fault that Bethenny decided to disconnect from Jill.  Jill was always connected to Kelly and Luann. 

Jill said several times she wasn't ready to sit down with Bethenny.  I will say this Luann did tell Jill it was a bad idea to surprise Ramona and Bethenny in St. John's.  Oh and how did that turn out?

I don't buy Bethenny's snake bullshit.  Luann was there for Jill when Bethenny bailed.  I don't blame Bethenny for bailing, she had Jason and was actively trying to brand herself, and did not need Jill Zarin tagging along.  Bethenny cannot be mad at Luann for filling in when she didn't want to be there.  And it certainly doesn't make Luann a snake.  Bethenny was leaving the show should they have just shown an empty chair next to Jill?  These women are paid to interact with each other, and Bethenny opted out in the off season and could not understand why Jill was so over the top-it had nothing to do with Luann.  Bethenny blaming Luann doesn't make it so. 

It is interesting that you say that about Luann and her lack of intelligence.  I have never thought her MENSA material, but I was surprised in the Berkshires when Bethenny said to her, "you are the most intelligent one here."  Very surprised.  I have always figured is pretty good at survival and languages. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not sure why Luann's flaws should be judged relative to those of Bethenny. It's not an either/or proposition and only one of them can be found to be imperfect.  They both are.  

I mean, sure Bethenny may be a jerk.  But that doesn't make Luann not one. 

LOL

No, that probably makes Luann a jerk and Methenny a Fucking Imperfect Asshole Jerk with a Bleeding Bagina that all the Jewish GYN in the UES have seen..

I capitalized it, so that way we can sort it out.....a give proper credit, where credit is due?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann and Jill were never on the outs, they got along.  Bethenny and Jill had a huge blow up at Jill's charity even and Jill even asked Bethenny to leave, season finale, Season 2.

Luann asked, "where's Jill?", and Ramona lied and said she was in the city and then turned around and said Jill should not be expected to be invited to everything.  I believe the reason Luann gave for leaving early was her husband was leaving the next day.   Luann hung out with Bethenny and Jill the first two seasons.  It really isn't Luann's fault that Bethenny decided to disconnect from Jill.  Jill was always connected to Kelly and Luann. 

Jill said several times she wasn't ready to sit down with Bethenny.  I will say this Luann did tell Jill it was a bad idea to surprise Ramona and Bethenny in St. John's.  Oh and how did that turn out?

I don't buy Bethenny's snake bullshit.  Luann was there for Jill when Bethenny bailed.  I don't blame Bethenny for bailing, she had Jason and was actively trying to brand herself, and did not need Jill Zarin tagging along.  Bethenny cannot be mad at Luann for filling in when she didn't want to be there.  And it certainly doesn't make Luann a snake.  Bethenny was leaving the show should they have just shown an empty chair next to Jill?  These women are paid to interact with each other, and Bethenny opted out in the off season and could not understand why Jill was so over the top-it had nothing to do with Luann.  Bethenny blaming Luann doesn't make it so. 

It is interesting that you say that about Luann and her lack of intelligence.  I have never thought her MENSA material, but I was surprised in the Berkshires when Bethenny said to her, "you are the most intelligent one here."  Very surprised.  I have always figured is pretty good at survival and languages. 

She's also good at hosting foreign game shows, marrying 'royalty' writing a book on manners, designing clothes and being recognized for a failed singing career.

And she 'gushes' over her boyfriend, being in love and getting married.

I guess I have to give her a pass for getting out there and having a more rounded resume.....walking in to meetings and lending your 'name' to items is kinda weak?

• Love 6
On September 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Pickles said:

Bethenny's voice. OMG. The shrieky yammering. I cannot.

This! I thought my ears would bleed. The more excited she gets the more her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and she talks so loud and over everyone else!!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny made Jules ED about herself, not about Jules, "I just can't, she reminds me too much of my mother", ect.. Neither Bethenny or Carole ever went to Jules and said "Are you alright? I am/We are worried about you", instead it was constant snide, nasty, rude remarks, most of the time behind her back, about the amount of food she puts out at an event, that they never see her eat, guessing how much she weighs, on and on and the couple of times they did speak directly to her, it was not constructive, it was done to mock her. For someone who claims she was so "affected/hurt" by someone else having an ED, Bethenny sure had little (really NO) compassion for someone else fighting it. 

Jules 2 or 3 aging/menopause comments were about their Jr HS behavior/mentality, not about their physical age but about their emotional behavior age, or lack of therein. Both Bethenny and Carole have made "aging" comments about the others as well, so Carole can spare me her faux upset that Jules made them. LOL

I seem to remember that Jules' menopause comment was made in her first or second episode, before she'd even really gotten to know anyone.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I seem to remember that Jules' menopause comment was made in her first or second episode, before she'd even really gotten to know anyone.

Yes, they were very early in the season but she had met the women by then. I think 1 of her menopause comments came in a TH when Bethenny/Carole were so nasty to her/Michael at their Hamptons house when they snuck out. And the other 1 was at the bra party, again in a TH, when Bethenny and Ramona were jumping Dorinda about John. Each times she made an age/menopause comment it was directly after she witnessed the others either going in on someone (Dorinda) or bad mouthing her/her home, they weren't out of the blue and the others were acting like Jr HS kids fighting. LOL

• Love 5

Luanne wasn't lying about Bethenny and her predatory lender boyfriend. They started dating before legal separation. She knew the wife MUCH better than she led you to believe. She's seen her many more times since high school. Also she said Dennis met Bryn as a babY. I would bet Jill shields met Bryn with him. 

• Love 10

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/09/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-shakeups-already-happening/

The cast, that is.  The franchise isn't going anywhere.

It was reported that week that first-timer Jules Wainstein wouldn't be returning for another season.

"Jules is going good through a divorce and is putting her family first," her rep told E! News, though not stating directly that she was leaving the series.

However, a source told Radar Online that Bravo executives "aren't renewing her contract."

In fact, "they are going to start casting for replacement housewives soon.”

As for Dorinda Medley, who is credited with bringing Wainstein into the group, her future "is up in the air."

However, "they are leaning towards not renewing her contract,” the source pointed out.

Another reason Medley might not make it to season nine? Her friendship with Wainstein.

"She is friends with Jules and they’re allies and she is leaving, so that’s a problem.”

One original cast member who might be on the chopping block is LuAnn de Lesseps.

The countess got engaged to Tom D'Agostino this past season after about 4 minutes of dating, but it's believed she's resistant to a televised wedding.

“If that becomes a bigger issue it’s going to jeopardize her role,” the source said.

“The wedding is a big part of her storyline and not filming it for the show would make her irrelevant going forward.”

As for Carole Radziwill, Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan and Ramona Singer?

“Everyone is likely safe," the source said.

Frankel, however, doesn't know if she wants to be a part of it.

“Something very dramatic happened at the reunion to question my integrity,” Frankel told Entertainment Tonight.

“If someone questions my business or my integrity, I take it really seriously; I don't just kind of gloss over it.

"So, I think maybe the ‘fun and light’ Bethenny that people expect, with the quips and the comebacks, wasn't there.”

This year, Frankel pointed out, was nothing like last year.

“I didn’t enjoy it at all,” she said after the reunion wrapped.

“Last year, we all went to dinner afterwards. This year ended differently.”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

Luanne wasn't lying about Bethenny and her predatory lender boyfriend. They started dating before legal separation. She knew the wife MUCH better than she led you to believe. She's seen her many more times since high school. Also she said Dennis met Bryn as a babY. I would bet Jill shields met Bryn with him. 

Proof of this? Any confirmation from anywhere? 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That should show you all right there how fake all this is and that there is nothing to freak out about. This show is just a job to these women. I think they skim these boards and giggle at out the outrage while they toast their own shenanigans with pinot grigio and Skinny Girl watermelon margaritas and LOLOL 

I see this somewhat differently.  Yes, it's a job, but that's exactly why, even after B's bitchiness, they could go out for a business meal.  Listen, I work with a group of children (though technically adults?) but although I have little in common with any of them and would never spend a real social evening with them, I attend any and all work events, because that's what you do when you are an adult (I kid you not, some of my co-workers get suddenly sick to avoid being in the office on these days, we long ago stopped having birthday lunches because certain people would only show up if they were "friends" with the b-day person, etc.).

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Ellee said:

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/09/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-shakeups-already-happening/

It was reported that week that first-timer Jules Wainstein wouldn't be returning for another season.

"Jules is going good through a divorce and is putting her family first," her rep told E! News, though not stating directly that she was leaving the series.

However, a source told Radar Online that Bravo executives "aren't renewing her contract."

As for Dorinda Medley, who is credited with bringing Wainstein into the group, her future "is up in the air."

However, "they are leaning towards not renewing her contract,” the source pointed out.

Another reason Medley might not make it to season nine? Her friendship with Wainstein.

"She is friends with Jules and they’re allies and she is leaving, so that’s a problem.”

One original cast member who might be on the chopping block is LuAnn de Lesseps.

The countess got engaged to Tom D'Agostino this past season after about 4 minutes of dating, but it's believed she's resistant to a televised wedding.

“If that becomes a bigger issue it’s going to jeopardize her role,” the source said.

“The wedding is a big part of her storyline and not filming it for the show would make her irrelevant going forward.”

“Something very dramatic happened at the reunion to question my integrity,” Frankel told Entertainment Tonight.

“If someone questions my business or my integrity, I take it really seriously; I don't just kind of gloss over it.

"So, I think maybe the ‘fun and light’ Bethenny that people expect, with the quips and the comebacks, wasn't there.”

Some parts of this are just too good to hope for.

I will miss Jules. She doesn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body. I don't think she's the brightest flare in the emergency kit but she gets what goes on with these vipers in her own innocent, unassuming way. All the best to her.

• Love 2

So...Carole Radziwill, Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan and Ramona Singer...safe...

So they are going to keep the three dead weights who have no story, and Frankel, if they can lure her with enough cash.

Losing Dorinda is a mistake...she can stand up to Bethy when she's inclined, she's basically decent, and she can mix it up with these otherwise boring howives. I'm sorry Jules is leaving, I came to like her. 

And lose the Countess, and you have got nothing...no wedding, no story at all. Old Bethy is not going to be a quick wedding...the guy hasn't even filed for divorce. So what is Bravo planning...endless bitch sessions as these remainers discuss the now absent Lu?  More dog weddings? Ramona gets new hair extensions? Hour-long commercials for SG? 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

So...Carole Radziwill, Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan and Ramona Singer...safe...

So they are going to keep the three dead weights who have no story, and Frankel, if they can lure her with enough cash.

Losing Dorinda is a mistake...she can stand up to Bethy when she's inclined, she's basically decent, and she can mix it up with these otherwise boring howives. I'm sorry Jules is leaving, I came to like her. 

And lose the Countess, and you have got nothing...no wedding, no story at all. Old Bethy is not going to be a quick wedding...the guy hasn't even filed for divorce. So what is Bravo planning...endless bitch sessions as these remainers discuss the now absent Lu?  More dog weddings? Ramona gets new hair extensions? Hour-long commercials for SG? 

Yes sounds like the source is one of the deadweights or Bethenny.  Why on earth would they get rid of Dorinda?  She pulled her weight this season and has connections to all of the HWs.  

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

And lose the Countess, and you have got nothing...no wedding, no story at all.

... So what is Bravo planning...endless bitch sessions as these remainers discuss the now absent Lu?  

Happy dance time !!!!

Please PLEASE let them get rid of Luann!  I am so sick of her and her ridiculous lovelife. I couldn't care less about her and Tom. If I never heard either one of their names mentioned again I would be thrilled. 

Hopefully some new blood will bring some life back to this show. Or better yet, bring back Jill.

Just so long as they get rid of the boring countless! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Proof of this? Any confirmation from anywhere? 

i can't post it. Friends who know them both and even went out all together in the city after HS.  JS furious especially her using daughter on the show. Bethenny is a pig and compulsive liar. The whole call was a set up. She must have expected it to be discussed  

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Yes sounds like the source is one of the deadweights or Bethenny.  Why on earth would they get rid of Dorinda?  She pulled her weight this season and has connections to all of the HWs.  

Since Luann was the anchor of the show and the only one who had a continuous storyline, it would be rather daft to not bring her back.  Luann survived the post Season 4 carnage that saw the end of Jill, Kelly and Alex.  The ratings have never really recovered

It would not surprise me if Bethenny did not come back as all she delivered were rants, and two burning questions that went nowhere-fibroids* and would you want to know**.  As much as Bethenny wanted to make Tom's making out all about her, it was handled poorly.  It became patently obvious that Bethenny colluded with the producers in the timing of the delivery of the news, to stretch the season.  As much as the producers and Bethenny swear it is unscripted, it was sure timed for maximum effect and essentially scripted with Bethenny telling others and discussing it.  The fact that Bethenny feigned horror at having to deliver the news said more about her character than anything.  She likes to talk behind others back about them and engage in gossip and now we are suppose to believe she had an attack of conscious, one that subsided very quickly once Tom called and the cameras weren't focused on the Skinnygirl display.   

The highest rated season was Season 4-the year sans Bethenny and Jill, with the highest rated episode being the Morocco trips headed by Luann.  I guess almost getting bucked off a camel really scores.   Here is a site with the various seasons:  http://bravowhore.com/RHONY  The ones that drew the most viewers Season 8 were centered around Luann, with Bethenny being the agitator and torturer.  Bethenny's solos do not rate very high.  The first two episodes rated the lowest which were Bethenny centered episodes. 

Wouldn't Bravo be sending a message that if one of these women finds happiness they are dropped from the show?  I would think the solution would be to get rid of the three confirmed bachelorettes, Bethenny, Ramona and Carole.  Bethenny and Ramona standing pretty firm they won't involve their dating lives (Ramona claims she is taking time off from dating) which leaves those two, much like they did this season, to buttinsky into others' relationships, namely Dorinda and Luann's.  Carole drooling in the corner talking about how great her timed relationship with Adam is going. I can see it now first meeting at Bethenny's house setting up an dover and under odds chart how long Luann's marriage will last, when will Tom cheat, when will Luann cheat.  Because they have nothing else. 

*Bethenny managed to have a health concern leak, but did not identify the nature until the episode aired.  She claimed she wanted to raise awareness.  Is there a non-profit for uterine fibroid awareness, treatment and cure, that I am unaware? 

**Would you want to know? A storyline that fell flat because of the way the news was delivered.  There was never a question of Luann wanting to know because the damn thing was broadcasted. 

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

giggling...How I read the article.....

Jules has already announced she's not coming back.  Can't say that I blame her. 

Dorinda probably gone because Jules is gone.  (Yeah, right.)

LuLu doesn't want her wedding on tv.  We know LuLu shies away from attention.  She likes her privacy and to have her very special three. day. wedding.  the focus of RHONY episodes or even a special series would be out of her comfort zone.  She'd rather leave the spotlight than garner all that tv time.  :P

Sonja, Ramona, Carole, B's status were reduced to a 'they are likely safe' afterthought.

How'd I do?  :D :D :D

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

Poor put-upon Bethenny. She didn't enjoy the reunion.  Cry me a river, she had all that coming to her as a result of her behavior all season long.  

So Jules is out, Dorinda and LuAnn questionable.  Ramona and Carol (and to some degree Sonja) aka The Ones that Live in Bethenny's Butt are all safe.  That tells me everything I need to know as far as whether or not I'll be watching next season.  

• Love 13

Oh and Bethenny is "likely" safe?  Please.  Bethenny keeps Andy in her back pocket.  She is as safe as she wants to be, and I read she still has a year to go on her contract.  All her dramatic hand-wringing is ridiculous. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Oh and Bethenny is "likely" safe?  Please.  Bethenny keeps Andy in her back pocket.  She is as safe as she wants to be, and I read she still has a year to go on her contract.  All her dramatic hand-wringing is ridiculous. 

On a bright note Bethenny has said recently she has other projects in the works with Bravo.  RH contracts are different, how do you force someone to show up and be interesting?  The contract usually prohibits them from doing a like show.  At the end of the Reunion with Bethenny feigning being shell shocked and her weakened plea, we can't keep doing this.  Well when it worked for Bethenny it was okay.  She was gloating and talking about bringing in the ratings. Yesterday, she declared the Tom, Luann situation dead and asked people talk about something else.    http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/bethenny-frankel-calls-for-end-to-luann-de-lesseps-tom-dagostino-discussion  Yeah, global warming.  How about Bethenny and Dennis and Jill?  The truly dead issue is Bethenny and her divorce. 

• Love 8
On 9/16/2016 at 1:01 PM, Natalie68 said:

The true Lu is a woman who doesn't seem to have many scruples and it seems, based on Rey and Tom, will sleep with just about anything.  

I think it's great Luann enjoys her sex life, and I don't have to agree with her choices to applaud her right to make them  -- especially since slut shaming (as Bethenny will eventually find out) hurts all women and their sexual agency -- not just the one female I don't like.

Bethenny made Jules ED about herself, not about Jules,

She did, Wire Wrap (but then , Bethenny makes everything about herself -- even something as serious as this  -- she's the kind of woman who goes to the funeral of someone she barely knows and collapses in tears at the open coffin, sobbing for dear life).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19

Tell me how and why Bethenny wore a string up the butt bikini in Fl right after her blood surgery. The one that she was going to maybe die from and perhaps Bryn would have to live with her father?  She's so disgusting I have no clue why I watch this show anymore.  Actually I ff thru most of it all towards the end

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

i can't post it. Friends who know them both and even went out all together in the city after HS.  JS furious especially her using daughter on the show. Bethenny is a pig and compulsive liar. The whole call was a set up. She must have expected it to be discussed  

Of course she knew it would be discussed. Everyone in the world knew it would be discussed. People who had never even seen the show knew it would be discussed. Lu linked to the article in her blog, so clearly she was going to address it. 

I won't believe anything until I hear it from JS herself. If she believes her daughter was used, she needs to stand up and say so and protect her daughter. If Beth is a world class liar and is painting the whole thing in a very different light than the way it actually happened, she needs to say so. I get if she doesn't want to (I very much respect the way she has tried to stay out of it), but if she says nothing, folks will eventually believe Beth is telling the truth. 

8 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Tell me how and why Bethenny wore a string up the butt bikini in Fl right after her blood surgery. The one that she was going to maybe die from and perhaps Bryn would have to live with her father?  She's so disgusting I have no clue why I watch this show anymore.  Actually I ff thru most of it all towards the end

Since you are FF'ing through a lot if it, you might not be aware that Beth hadn't had the surgery yet.  She had it after they were done filming.  

• Love 5

Actually I didn't at that point but then it's worse. She was apparently bleeding profusely and had a bloody pillow. I didn't mean thru most but the boring parts 

js should keep her mouth shut. She is now in a contentious divorce. She has nothing wrong. She nursed her asshole dh back to health after surgery and then Got dumped. Btw Bethie went after her guys in hs too. She has a thing with js since she is gorgeous. Jealousy forever. All that money and still has to go after her old friend's husbands and boyfriends. It's a pattern. Makes her feel powerful. Since JS got married so young there is most likely no prenup and she will get half!! Woo hoo  

also who has a divorce take 4 years but for publicity?  Only people making money are the lawyers god I despise her

You dont have have to believe me. I can't see how anyone can think she's a nice human being. She also did tons of drugs in her heyday. She was a club girl. 

Edited by Twiggy
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

JS herself. If she believes her daughter was used, she needs to stand up and say so and protect her daughter. If Beth is a world class liar and is painting the whole thing in a very different light than the way it actually happened, she needs to say so. I get if she doesn't want to (I very much respect the way she has tried to stay out of it),

but Iif she says nothing, folks will eventually believe Beth is telling the truth.

Not necessarily. 

Sometimes responding to that kind of thing just opens a person up to more scrutiny.

Perhaps JS is trying to actually protect their privacy. It's not always good to respond to provocations. Lie down with dogs.... Or the ever popular, Never wrestle a pig...

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

She has a thing with js since she is gorgeous. Jealousy forever.

Makes sense...Bethy justified her vile attacks on Lu as "eight years" of resentment. So, she nurses an enemies list. In any event, I would be surprised if Mrs. Shields' divorce lawyers did not advise her to maintain silence. Not getting involved publicly is a far better strategy for presenting her case in court. In the media, Bethy and her PR team would drag her thru the mud.

Would anyone believe an ex-porno actress did not do drugs? Funny how she never mentions her former career.

• Love 11

Omg did you see that disgusting soft porn video?  

Btw I don't know how well her liquor is doing  since she lost tons of fans because she's doing a food thing in PA. KING OF Prussia. lol. Back to her roots!?  And yes she sold it but she has obligations to Beam to promote it and it doing well earns her more money. Why do you think she never confirmed the $100 million?  Because it didn't exist. Perhaps that's he max she could earn. Most of her products have ended up in the discount bin. Where are her awesome facial products? Protein bars  blender  etc etc. what happened to her follow up fiction books she didn't write on her blackberry.?

Edited by Twiggy
  • Love 6

To avoid this discussion about Dennis, Jill, bethenny and the daughter from getting buried I would love to see it on the Bethenny thread.

20 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Also her daughter is an adult. Additionally she is more angry with DS FOR BEING SUCH AN ASS. She expected no less from BF

• Love 4

Borrowing a page from Eileen Davidson, when LVP was poking around about when "the affair began", I do believe the primary reason for Eileen bristling (although she did take it way too far) is when you are involved with someone newly separated, in spite of time stamps, feelings get hurt.  I believe Eileen may acknowledge they were both married at the time but did not want to rub it in Betsy's face (Vince's ex) how they went from on screen kisses to friends, to lovers in a period of 10 months.  The fact that Eileen and Vince have been married for 13 years and Eileen managed to maintain a civil relationship with Betsy and they are in fact friends, you just don't wax poetically about how the two of you fell in love. 

When Bethenny said on camera that "her guy" wanted to marry her and go the distance, she essentially put out there this guy left a 27 year marriage and in a matter of weeks looked Bethenny up, took a Bahamian vacation with her and her friends and was now declaring his love for her.  I think Bethenny erred in judgment with disclosure.  Regardless of how amicable, let the separation and divorce happen before spiking the ball in the end zone.

All we know from the Shields' daughter is Dennis was laid up in the family home in July.  We know from Bethenny she was seeing Dennis in the fall.  Little disclaimers such as I didn't feel for him then, so I called his wife to confirm?  That is just weird and self-serving.  I called her November to say we really weren't a couple but went to the Bahamas with him in December. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Not for nothing, but why are you a better source of information on this topic than Bethenny and her boyfriend's daughter?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Actually I didn't at that point but then it's worse. She was apparently bleeding profusely and had a bloody pillow. I didn't mean thru most but the boring parts 

js should keep her mouth shut. She is now in a contentious divorce. She has nothing wrong. She nursed her asshole dh back to health after surgery and then Got dumped. Btw Bethie went after her guys in hs too. She has a thing with js since she is gorgeous. Jealousy forever. All that money and still has to go after her old friend's husbands and boyfriends. It's a pattern. Makes her feel powerful. Since JS got married so young there is most likely no prenup and she will get half!! Woo hoo  

also who has a divorce take 4 years but for publicity?  Only people making money are the lawyers god I despise her

You dont have have to believe me. I can't see how anyone can think she's a nice human being. She also did tons of drugs in her heyday. She was a club girl. 

I keep reading that Bethenny and Jill were high school friends, but were they really? Or is this a bit of hyperbole to make the story slightly more salacious? Bethenny is a couple of years younger than Jill. It's unlikely that they were in the same grade. I went to a prep school, which had tiny class sizes (between 20 -30 kids per grade). In the immediate years following graduation, I knew and could recognize everyone in the high school because there were only 100 kids in the high school. Ten years after I graduated from high school, I couldn't remember 90% of the kids who weren't in my grade. Additionally, Bethenny's last two years of high school were in Florida. How well could they have known each other for the 2 years that their tenure in high school overlapped?

Bethenny's divorce took as long as it did because neither Bethenny nor Jason would back down. Bethenny was an asshole about custody of Bryn, but if Jason really was weary over the divorce he would accepted what was in the prenup. They were both being stubborn.

I'm not going to excuse it, but a lot of people in Bethenny's age range did drugs. Was she a club kid? Was this when she was in college because from about 1991, she was in LA. For most of the 90s, she seems to have been in LA persuing an acting career, a PA on Saved by the Bell, and Kathy Hilton's personal assistant. I'm not saying that she didn't use drugs because we've seen that picture of Kathy and Rick with Rick James at either Nicky or Paris' first birthday party.

I'm not going to judge Bethenny for having been in that softcore movie. Lots of people did very similar films because they needed the money and thought it might help them make inroads in Hollywood. Camille Grammer has 2 or 3 softcore films on her IMDB. And the very lovely talented Vanessa Williams has her nude photoshoot.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I keep reading that Bethenny and Jill were high school friends, but were they really? Or is this a bit of hyperbole to make the story slightly more salacious? Bethenny is a couple of years younger than Jill. It's unlikely that they were in the same grade. I went to a prep school, which had tiny class sizes (between 20 -30 kids per grade). In the immediate years following graduation, I knew and could recognize everyone in the high school because there were only 100 kids in the high school. Ten years after I graduated from high school, I couldn't remember 90% of the kids who weren't in my grade. Additionally, Bethenny's last two years of high school were in Florida. How well could they have known each other for the 2 years that their tenure in high school overlapped?

Bethenny's divorce took as long as it did because neither Bethenny nor Jason would back down. Bethenny was an asshole about custody of Bryn, but if Jason really was weary over the divorce he would accepted what was in the prenup. They were both being stubborn.

I'm not going to excuse it, but a lot of people in Bethenny's age range did drugs. Was she a club kid? Was this when she was in college because from about 1991, she was in LA. For most of the 90s, she seems to have been in LA persuing an acting career, a PA on Saved by the Bell, and Kathy Hilton's personal assistant. I'm not saying that she didn't use drugs because we've seen that picture of Kathy and Rick with Rick James at either Nicky or Paris' first birthday party.

I'm not going to judge Bethenny for having been in that softcore movie. Lots of people did very similar films because they needed the money and thought it might help them make inroads in Hollywood. Camille Grammer has 2 or 3 softcore films on her IMDB. And the very lovely talented Vanessa Williams has her nude photoshoot.

I have never figured out if Bethenny went to school with Jill when she was living in Long Island or they went to school together in Florida.  Here is Jill and Dennis' wedding announcement:   http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/26/style/dennis-shields-weds-jill-schwartzberg.html  Bethenny was born in 1970 and Jill was 21 in August of 1990.  I wonder who ever brought up Bethenny and Jill attended the same high school?  That is one for the ages.

The Shields both seem to be from prominent families. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, WireWrap said:

Sorry, I was born in 57 and consider Carole in my generation, she is not anywhere near my son's generation, he was born in 83', the same generation as Jules. Carole is a baby boomer no matter what she tries to claim. LOL

Carole definitely grew up with different trends and "generational" things than Jules.  But she also didn't grow up the same as the baby boomers born in the early part of the "boom".  They were part of the Vietnam war which was over before Carole was a teen.  The 20 years that they place on the Boomer generation or Gen X or Millennials is just too broad a gap.  One end of the Boomer Generation was in college when the last of the boomers were just being born.  Same with Gen X and Millennials. 

Millennials are considered being born from 1980 to 2000.  When I think of Millennials I think of people currently in their 20's, not teens or 30 somethings. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have never figured out if Bethenny went to school with Jill when she was living in Long Island or they went to school together in Florida.  Here is Jill and Dennis' wedding announcement:   http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/26/style/dennis-shields-weds-jill-schwartzberg.html  Bethenny was born in 1970 and Jill was 21 in August of 1990.  I wonder who ever brought up Bethenny and Jill attended the same high school?  That is one for the ages.

The Shields both seem to be from prominent families. 

Took reply to Bethy's thread.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, they were very early in the season but she had met the women by then. I think 1 of her menopause comments came in a TH when Bethenny/Carole were so nasty to her/Michael at their Hamptons house when they snuck out. And the other 1 was at the bra party, again in a TH, when Bethenny and Ramona were jumping Dorinda about John. Each times she made an age/menopause comment it was directly after she witnessed the others either going in on someone (Dorinda) or bad mouthing her/her home, they weren't out of the blue and the others were acting like Jr HS kids fighting. LOL

If Jules had a problem with the way the ladies were behaving, nothing was preventing her from addressing their behavior. Jules could have stated that the ladies were being rude, or catty, or assholes or even juvenile and immature if she wanted. Instead, she chose to insult them by calling them "menopausal" (THE HORROR!!  Old women!!!!) and make sure that everyone knew that she was young and fertile and these women were old enough to be her mother. Jules age-shamed them. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Jules chose to use their old age as a way to insult them. She could have addressed their behavior in a myriad of ways. Yet, she chose to insult their age. It was shitty when Brandi Glanville did it and it's shitty when Jules does it. IMO. MMV. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

If Jules had a problem with the way the ladies were behaving, nothing was preventing her from addressing their behavior. She could have stated that the ladies were being rude, or catty, or assholes or even juvenile and immature is she wanted. Instead, she chose to insult them by calling them "menopausal" (THE HORROR!!  Old women!!!!) and make sure that everyone knew that she was young and fertile and these women were old enough to be her mother. Jules age shamed them. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Jules chose to use their old age as a way to insult them. She could have addressed their behavior in a myriad of ways. Yet, she chose to insult their age. It was shitty when Brandi Glanville did it and it's shitty when Jules does it. IMO. MMV. 

Yes, the 3 times Jules jabbed them about their age in a TH segment, it was done as an insult. Now, all the times Bethenny and Carole jabbed at Jules about her ED/weight throughout the entire season, done on camera and in their TH segments, make Jules age digs mild in comparison IMO. But YMMV.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, the 3 times Jules jabbed them about their age in a TH segment, it was done as an insult. Now, all the times Bethenny and Carole jabbed at Jules about her ED/weight throughout the entire season, done on camera and in their TH segments, make Jules age digs mild in comparison IMO. But YMMV.

This feels like politics, a point is made or question is asked about one candidate, a and the answer is how the other candidate is shittier. Jules age-shamed the other ladies. It's shitty, it's unacceptable and I would say it's bordering on sexist with the menopause comments. That's my opinion.

• Love 8
Just now, shoegal said:

This feels like politics, a point is made or question is asked about one candidate, a and the answer is how the other candidate is shittier. Jules age-shamed the other ladies. It's shitty, it's unacceptable and I would say it's bordering on sexist with the menopause comments. That's my opinion.

Look, Jules was getting a dig in, a total of 3 times, early on in the season. It's not like she kept doing/saying it all dam season long and she realized she was wrong to make age comments and stopped. But, Yes, I do think what Bethenny/Carole did to her all dang season out weighs her age digs. Oh, and those digs were aimed at all the women fighting, not just Bethenny/Carole, all of them. How many times have we all said that these women act more like Jr HS kids than 45+ year old adult women, so the comment wasn't wrong, it was on point.  LOL

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Look, Jules was getting a dig in, a total of 3 times, early on in the season. It's not like she kept doing/saying it all dam season long and she realized she was wrong to make age comments and stopped. But, Yes, I do think what Bethenny/Carole did to her all dang season out weighs her age digs. Oh, and those digs were aimed at all the women fighting, not just Bethenny/Carole, all of them. How many times have we all said that these women act more like Jr HS kids than 45+ year old adult women, so the comment wasn't wrong, it was on point.  LOL

Well, we don't know how long Jules made the comments, just when the editors decided to put them in the season. I don't think it makes a difference when the timeline was...it happened. Multiple times.

As far as any other comments, I don't understand why behavior can't be addressed at any age. If someone is being rude, or stupid, or ridiculous....OK, call that out. Insulting women by saying they are old enough to be your mother and should know better is just unnecessary. Blaming their behavior on being menopausal is bordering on sexist and is definitely unnecessary. Jules was an asshole and should be called out as such, not given a pass just because she was insulting Bethenny and Carole. IMO

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well, we don't know how long Jules made the comments, just when the editors decided to put them in the season. I don't think it makes a difference when the timeline was...it happened. Multiple times.

As far as any other comments, I don't understand why behavior can't be addressed at any age. If someone is being rude, or stupid, or ridiculous....OK, call that out. Insulting women by saying they are old enough to be your mother and should know better is just unnecessary. Blaming their behavior on being menopausal is bordering on sexist and is definitely unnecessary. Jules was an asshole and should be called out as such, not given a pass just because she was insulting Bethenny and Carole. IMO

Actually, she was calling them all out, not just Bethenny and Carole. Jules "menopause" comments were not "sexist" not anywhere close. LOL These were comments she made in her THs in answer to a producers question and since we don't know the question, we really can't condemn Jules's answer, it may have been on point (as I think it was) or it may have been out of line but we just don't know because we never, ever hear the producer question.  

And you are right, the TH are filmed weeks/months later then slipped in where the producers believe they will have the biggest impact and they are edited down to a short sound bite where, once again, we have no idea as to what was initially asked or the full answer. Which is why I don't place much stock in the TH comments made by any of them.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, she was calling them all out, not just Bethenny and Carole. Jules "menopause" comments were not "sexist" not anywhere close. LOL These were comments she made in her THs in answer to a producers question and since we don't know the question, we really can't condemn Jules's answer, it may have been on point (as I think it was) or it may have been out of line but we just don't know because we never, ever hear the producer question.  

And you are right, the TH are filmed weeks/months later then slipped in where the producers believe they will have the biggest impact and they are edited down to a short sound bite where, once again, we have no idea as to what was initially asked or the full answer. Which is why I don't place much stock in the TH comments made by any of them.

Blaming bad behavior on menopause is pretty sexist IMO, it's the same as insulting women for menstruating or blaming their behavior on their 'lady hormones'. It's especially shitty and I don't believe there is any question that justifies that kind of answer from Jules. If Jules had a problem with any of the women's behavior, she is absolutely free to address that....Jules chose to insult and age shame the ladies and that reveals Jules to be an asshole, no matter what questions she was asked.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Blaming bad behavior on menopause is pretty sexist IMO, it's the same as insulting women for menstruating or blaming their behavior on their 'lady hormones'. It's especially shitty and I don't believe there is any question that justifies that kind of answer from Jules. If Jules had a problem with any of the women's behavior, she is absolutely free to address that....Jules chose to insult and age shame the ladies and that reveals Jules to be an asshole, no matter what questions she was asked.

I am just going to agree to disagree.

• Love 4

Dorinda was MVP this episode for me, and maybe for this season. I don't know, I just feel like I *get* her. Jumping to rash conclusions because of the reality you've created in your own head? (i.e., thinking Carole's "apple" comment was about John being a pig and not a Real Housewife) Dramatic outbursts? Also being fiercely loyal and Mama Bear about your friends and wanting to "make it nice"? Not to be projecting so much, but yes, I get her. I especially loved when she wasn't falling for Sonja's emotionally manipulative crap.

Dorinda: I'm sorry.

Sonja: No, you're not.

Dorinda: Okay. I guess I'm not.

THAT'S how you deal with that, boys and girls.

I still like Carole and I wish she was quicker on her feet. I'm sure she had a legitimate point to make with Jules when Jules said she was more fun when she was without Bethenny and a different person, but she just doesn't have it in her to be combative. I think she's more introspective and needs more time to reflect on things, which is why her blogs are usually well-written.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Didn't the whole menopausal thing become null and void when Sonja blamed some comment she made on not taking her pre-menopausal medicine?  Bethenny called them menopausal in Turks & Caicos to the house steward, Kristen made comments about Ramona's age.  I guess it is okay when you are in the throes of peri-menopausal or menopausal to crack wise-but not if you are under 40.

Carole is age sensitive, she is Benjamin Button after all.  I think the whole thing was Jules was fairly benign and they needed something to hang on Jules.  Carole and Bethenny hazed  Jules a bit, and for Carole, the journalist to not understand how a woman with an ED doesn't consider having children and periods important is beyond me.  That is usually one of the first questions that comes to mind.  I think Jules was underserved in not being able to actually go into detail about her ED.  Bethenny was the wrong candidate, because of her mom issues, not all ED patients are the same just like not all women who suffer from uterine fibroids.  I do believe it would have been helpful for her to share and even overshare with Dorinda.  I would have rather heard about how bad it got and far she came as opposed to the dog wedding or about half of the Tom conversations.

• Love 7
On 9/15/2016 at 9:39 AM, CyberJawa1986 said:

This just reinforces Bethy isn't as original, witty, or humorous as she thinks she is or she'd know the Veev's already used this one wait, how many years ago, in her "It's for the children" tirade against Ramonja.

Agreed.

Her humor now is so forced, usually vulgar, and without any inteliigence behind it.

• Love 12