Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

On 5/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, Joan of Argh said:

She smiles like she has the best life ever!!!!... because everything they do is so extra special!!!!

Yes! And what are they known for? Being related to the Roloffs. Nothing else. They (and especially Big Red) have done nothing with their lives to be proud of where they are in life financially, spiritually, intellectually.  It's all been achieved thanks to Jeremy's mom and dad. 

• Love 8

They seem to be doing fine with their projects and travels.  It seems money did not tie them to the show, so, I respect that.  Spending as much time with your toddler is an awesome thing, imo.  If your schedule can accommodate it, it's an awesome setup.  I hope health is good for all. 

• Love 1

They redid the layout and look of their journal. Big difference is it is no longer called Navigators Council (Copyright issues?) just the Marriage Journal. Jeremy said the “content is the same, same questions.”  I wouldn’t by this in the first place, but if I did I’d see no point in buying a second if nothing has changed in it besides some quote pages. 

• Love 2

What I find interesting about all the book promotion, journal, lifestyle, etc.  is that they don’t actually “go to church.”  They even blackout Sunday on social media as their sabbath but aren’t attending services, just resting.  They had a house church in Bend but have admitted they don’t where they are now. How does their Christian publisher reconcile that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just let yourself just BE. Words of wisdom from the hyper-frantic social media hustler herself. Maybe Audrey should take up yoga or meditation and see how "being" really feels. Jeremy might find some peace in gainful employment. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

What I find interesting about all the book promotion, journal, lifestyle, etc.  is that they don’t actually “go to church.”  They even blackout Sunday on social media as their sabbath but aren’t attending services, just resting.  They had a house church in Bend but have admitted they don’t where they are now. How does their Christian publisher reconcile that?

They worship at the alter of Jer and Auj.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 6/7/2019 at 12:52 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Kinda surprised Audrey didn’t insist on a “ Manny” instead of a nanny. Their nanny is pretty cute, and thin......😉

I thought the same thing.  I'm surprised she let Jeremy that close to the nanny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think it's quite responsible to get proper child care, when you need it.  I'm glad they are able to do it.  

I was surprised to see that they do not attend an actual church, but.......I can't say that organized religion is for everyone, however, to me, having a child grow up with religious teaching in a church is vital.  There is much to be gained with learning in Sunday school with other kids, songs, scripture, prayers,  presentations, Baptism, etc. (whatever is important in your particular faith). 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was surprised to see that they do not attend an actual church, but.......I can't say that organized religion is for everyone, however, to me, having a child grow up with religious teaching in a church is vital.  There is much to be gained with learning in Sunday school with other kids, songs, scripture, prayers,  presentations, Baptism, etc. (whatever is important in your particular faith). 

I agree, but if they're hawking religious advice, I would want them to be involved in a church.  The most dangerous "church" (congregation of under 15 - it was billed as a "growing church") I attended was one where the minister was completely independent and spouted his own theology.  There was no one there to question him, or keep him in check.  We left after a few months of being increasingly concerned about his sermons, and when asked why we didn't return, we politely said it wasn't for us.  He called our employers and told them we were possessed by Satan.  Now Jerk and Oddj aren't to that level, but if they want to be the good Christians they purport themselves to be and they expected me to listen and take advice from them, then they need to be affiliated with a church body, and not just the church of their living room.

• Love 8

I wouldn't take them any more seriously if they were in church every day of the week.

For me it's the way people live that is more effectual, rather than attending church. A lot of assholes attend church regularly. JMO

• Love 16
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I wouldn't take them any more seriously if they were in church every day of the week.

For me it's the way people live that is more effectual, rather than attending church. A lot of assholes attend church regularly. JMO

Me either, but anyone dispensing advice and making a living at it needs to be trained properly.  A little knowledge and a charismatic personality can be a dangerous thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, BradandJanet said:

Just let yourself just BE. Words of wisdom from the hyper-frantic social media hustler herself. Maybe Audrey should take up yoga or meditation and see how "being" really feels. Jeremy might find some peace in gainful employment. 

THAT ^^^^ was a fantastic post! 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Me either, but anyone dispensing advice and making a living at it needs to be trained properly.  A little knowledge and a charismatic personality can be a dangerous thing.

I don't feel someone being in a church gives them any valuable training. Hell even a ton of marriage counselors & various well trained professionals suck at it.  These two have no life experience to speak of yet & therefore nothing of value to impart on others.

Unfortunately anyone can make a living at giving advice, especially with the internet now, it's just too easy.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't feel someone being in a church gives them any valuable training. Hell even a ton of marriage counselors & various well trained professionals suck at it.  These two have no life experience to speak of yet & therefore nothing of value to impart on others.

Unfortunately anyone can make a living at giving advice, especially with the internet now, it's just too easy.

That's the point I was trying to make.  Apparently I didn't make myself clear.

"Yesterday my dad and I were talking about how we hadn’t planted too many to take their place in the natural cycle of life."  J. Roloff, Gentleman Farmer 

Would that word be enough? Does he even read this stuff before he publishes it?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

"Yesterday my dad and I were talking about how we hadn’t planted too many to take their place in the natural cycle of life."  J. Roloff, Gentleman Farmer 

Would that word be enough? Does he even read this stuff before he publishes it?

He may, in fact, read it; however, his grasp of proper English/grammer  is an obstacle to his ability to communicate clearly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

That's the point I was trying to make.  Apparently I didn't make myself clear.

Well, maybe I misunderstood then. I had read it as you felt they needed to be in church to receive training for what they do; I just didn't feel that would necessarily help anything, but I think we're on the same page in general.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Well, maybe I misunderstood then. I had read it as you felt they needed to be in church to receive training for what they do; I just didn't feel that would necessarily help anything, but I think we're on the same page in general.

Yeah, my general point was that people dispensing advice need to have REAL training first.  Secondary but tied in to that assertion would be that if they don't even go to church, how can they dispense religious advice?  Kind of akin to them being marriage experts after being married 1 year.   Major brain fog lately, so I may not have said it correctly.  I didn't mean to infer that just because they went to church that they would automatically be OK to dole out advice, or that church attendance equaled good training.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 3

"However, I did plant an apple tree 5 years ago just a few strides away. Audrey and I were given this apple tree on our wedding day and I planted it right in the center of all the action - Grand Central Station. Hopefully Ember, and all the other kiddos, will be climbing in it one day as it provides shade and apples for years to come." Jeremy in conversation with his father while surveying the family farm. 

I don't think Jeremy would find the sale of the farm to a stranger part of his future plans.

Jeremy wants all the benefits of having the farm without doing any of the work involved.  He looks like he'd be perfectly happy living in Bend and visiting the farm once a month.

• Love 5
(edited)

This post has a trigger warning?

It begs the question, what exactly do they do all day that causes all this drama? Are they worried about becoming inconsequential? Do I think the beautiful people don't have everyday problems? No, I'm sure they do. I just don't necessarily need or care to know. 

What is "heated fellowship"? Makeup sex?

Edited by BradandJanet
heated fellowship deserves a mention
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I'm no fan of Auj, but I'm glad she put this out there. Social media envy is a huge problem and contributes towards feelings of isolation and depression.

I think she should have taken it further and encouraged people to take breaks from social media, but it's something.

• Love 2

I was a bit surprised by Aug's instagram post. First that looked like a real smile and not her joker smile. She looked likable. Second, her words seemed more sincere than usual. I wish we would see more of this Aug. 

• Love 3

Perhaps Auj has finally realized she does ALL the work?  She raises Ember, writes the book, pushes the book on her gram, runs the oil business and books all the vacations where they meet up with other couples they look up to every other week.  She must be exhausted!

Meanwhile Jer is annoyed his table bowed because they were gone to Hawaii for two weeks.

Guess what kids?  Most people work 8 hours a day then commute home where they have to cook dinner, feed family, homework and after kids go to bed pickup their work again before starting all over again the next day.  Most people also don’t take a 2 week Hawaiian vacation to recover from a month long book tour.

• Love 15

Agreed that I'm glad Oddj posted this.  It makes her a smidge more likeable.  The "ZOMG WE ARE SO PERFECT!" vibe they put out is one reason they are not a favorite, and are people I would not follow on social media.

Maybe some of Oddj's obvious disdain for Amy will ease some.  Sounds like she's going through a lot of what Amy went through.

17 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Meanwhile Jer is annoyed his table bowed because they were gone to Hawaii for two weeks.

I feel no sympathy at all for him that the table may be unusable.  He wants us to believe that he had been so busy that he could not have possibly had the time to finish it in a timely manner.  They have all the time in the world to do photo shoots, drive around the farm, take pictures of Ember and have campfires.  As it is, he did very little work on the table anyway.  He had another company do all the hard work and the one thing he had to do, he waited months to do and the table bowed.  I can't imagine how much that slab of wood cost!

• Love 2

Where's the latest accounting of their marriage troubles? I just read it yesterday...Audrey spilling the tea that have have been having some real problems as a couple and that Instagram post and photos don't tell the real truth...it was quite a lengthy post. How funny is it that the couple that are telling others how to have a successful marriage are struggling themselves. 

• Love 2

Audrey and tagalong Jeremy's main job is to craft and sell a perfect image of themselves as beautiful, blessed people who are somehow in a position to give marriage advice. Audrey's marriage trouble post may have been sincere or it may have been just another bid for attention. They would be more likable if they were introspective enough to be honest and authentic. One place to start might be to lose the thigh gap contortion in every photo. That's not only contrived, it delivers a disturbing message about unrealistic female body ideals.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Audrey and tagalong Jeremy's main job is to craft and sell a perfect image of themselves as beautiful, blessed people who are somehow in a position to give marriage advice. Audrey's marriage trouble post may have been sincere or it may have been just another bid for attention. They would be more likable if they were introspective enough to be honest and authentic. One place to start might be to lose the thigh gap contortion in every photo. That's not only contrived, it delivers a disturbing message about unrealistic female body ideals.  

I don’t think Jer and Auj inspire me at all, but then I’ve only been married 36 years, so what do I know?  I think people would rather be inspired by people that are more down to earth and lead by example.  

When I think of an inspiring television couple, I think of Chip and Joanna Gaines on HGTV.  Not married forever, but you get the sense that they are genuine and happy and that their family and marriage are everything to them.  I see a lot of respect there, and some silliness and no false airs.  It’s refreshing.  They talk about how they conduct their family life and show you, not just snap endless posed pictures and post of their every move while giving unsolicited advice.  Then I see/hear Jer and Auj and I just think, who are you trying to kid?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I think people would rather be inspired by people that are more down to earth and lead by example.  

When I think of an inspiring television couple, I think of Chip and Joanna Gaines on HGTV.  Not married forever, but you get the sense that they are genuine and happy and that their family and marriage are everything to them.  I see a lot of respect there, and some silliness and no false airs.  It’s refreshing.  

And their TV exposure is based on their JOBS.  There's a foreign concept to J&A.  Does Joanna even have a thigh gap?  If she does, does she contort her body so it shows in EVERY picture?  (I've never actually watched their show, so I'm not sure.)

• LOL 2