Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

My thought was they want Christopher and Tammy to get together.

No! I had a similar thought but they made the build-up for Christopher and Sonja last season, why would they throw it away?!

• Love 3

I really thought that was more of a pissing contest between Gregorio and Christopher over who had more right to issue orders.  Please show, don't try to make them a thing.

• Love 6
On 1/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Yes, it definitely doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that the writers wrote to have Percy in this episode, but for whatever reason couldn't get Percy's actress at the time of shooting so they threw in this random CGIS chick to take her place instead of rewriting it, to the point of hiring an actress that looks just like Percy. It probably would have gone over a lot better if they brought in Agent Borin to play the same role instead, seeing as how it's the CGIS and she's already a fan favorite anyway.

Probably a UO, but I never liked Borin. So the CGIS guest star worked okay for me. Though it did make me realize that I did miss Percy's spunk. 

I enjoyed the interactions of our team, though the plot kinda confused me.

im also confused because I THOUGHT Mayor Hamilton knew that the FBI had Garcia. Then again, since he appears (to me) to be the obvious guilty party..he probably isn't. Wouldn't be the first time. Plus, do TPTB really want to get rid of a great recurring actor like Steven Weber? He and Bakula play well off each other, 

Lord, I hope the mole isn't Tammy's ex boss. I actually like him. Which, of course with my luck, means it's probably him. 

• Love 1
On 1/25/2017 at 5:41 PM, Trey said:

I really thought that was more of a pissing contest between Gregorio and Christopher over who had more right to issue orders.  Please show, don't try to make them a thing.

That's how I saw it. Gregorio was used to being the one to give orders but she's a probie now. Deferring to Pride is one thing - that's why she joined them - but LaSalle is a whole other kettle of fish. And LaSalle does like putting himself in charge. It felt like natural tension, not forced.

Of course Pride's been on a rig. But that whole bit didn't feel out of place. There was some effort to make him seem like he fit in.

I loved seeing Sebastian standing up to an authority figure. Can't remember seeing that before. It didn't feel forced either but fit into the Sebastian we've been watching develop this season. Organic growth for a character is good!

I thought this was a well paced, interesting episode that didn't once make me go "WTH?"

• Love 4
On 1/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, neuromom said:

Probably a UO, but I never liked Borin. So the CGIS guest star worked okay for me. Though it did make me realize that I did miss Percy's spunk. 

She worked well as the Lt Col Mann character did as a possible next ex wife for Gibbs but as a linking character visiting the different NCIS series beyond the I recognize her there was not much to do. Of course the big franchise making mistake was not making Brody a retired  Petty Officer turned NCIS Agent Coates like Gibbs was a retired Scout Sniper turned USMC MP before becoming a NCIS Agent.

17 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Pride likes to call them by their first names, that's why we at least know Gregorio is Tammy!

I didn't even realize that! But you're right! However, I don't remember ever hearing Pride call Gregorio "Tammy". I didn't figure it out until her ex girlfriend showed up and called her by name.

• Love 3

I feel about Sebastian about the same as I do about Palmer on the Mothership, I just don't care. I guess that's better than my initial feelings about him in the first season when I couldn't stand him. What is it about TPTB that insist that all lab techs want to be agents? Its the Greg effect from CSI when a more highly paid Forensic Scientist insists on downgrading to crime scene tech. (None of the Forensic Scientists I've worked with would do that, local or federal) And please Powers that Be, ditch Ferlito ASAP. She's more an annoyance then an asset. I find myself watching other programming rather than putting up with her nose in the air, droopy eyelidded "acting."

Ugh... after the brief hope spot that getting a some field agent training would give Sebastian some character development so he'd be less annoying, now that he's back he's even more annoying than ever. I found Sebastian annoying enough when he was only being a bumbling doofus just in the lab, but now he's a bumbling doofus in the lab AND the field instead of taking a level in badass like he should have. I hope Sebastian just goes back to the lab and stays there the rest of the show because if this is any indication of a trend with him he'll suck the air out of each episode even more than he already did.

The entire team gets all the Emails the others have been sending, refuse to respect each other's privacy, then get pissed when it turns out to be negative. Then, instead of coming to the realization that only the negative Emails were sent to them, that they were doctored, or just passing them all off as straight up B.S. they take the bait. I hate it enough when ONE character has to drop several dozen IQ points in order to make the bad guy's plans work, but when an entire team does it it's just bad writing. Trying to play it off for laughs doesn't justify it either unless the show is a comedy, which NCIS:NO isn't.

• Love 5

NCIS%201415%20NOLA%208.jpg

NCIS agents McGee and Torres travel to New Orleans to partner with Pride and his team in the search for a missing homeland security theoretical terror playbook, on the conclusion of a special two-hour crossover event.

Promos

I hate it enough when ONE character has to drop several dozen IQ points in order to make the bad guy's plans work, but when an entire team does it it's just bad writing.

It's called an Idiot Plot, and unfortunately it's so common it's a trope.

Tom Arnold needs to blow his nose.  He sounds so nasal that I found myself blowing my nose throughout the episode..lol

The plot actually kept me interested for a change.

Every week something comes out about this Mayor.  It's amazing he's still the mayor.

• Love 3

There was a distinct lack of the actual servers in that server/data center. Also? Hollywood hackers strike back because they're so smart they can blew up keyboards of the computers they're hacking! Excitement!

Everyone was acting like children, and it was annoying. And I'd expected more from Sebastian's first NCIS agent-ing episode. Meh.

It seems, Tom Arnold had a very bad cold.

• Love 1

I am hoping that Sebastian will decide he belongs in the lab.  If they have to, he can help every 3 or 4 months.  Even though he passed the training, learned to fight, can carry a gun etc in a very short time. I imagine he wont like the new tech person and will come home

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, stuckin60s said:

I am hoping that Sebastian will decide he belongs in the lab.

They should have done this toryline when he was in training in the oil rig episode, then. But that didn't happen. They handled his story badly this episode (different writer maybe?), but others were as annoying as him for stupid laughs. I'm saying that as Sebastian fan.

3 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Every week something comes out about this Mayor.  It's amazing he's still the mayor.

It's amazing that he's not in prison...

I am hoping that Sebastian will decide he belongs in the lab.

He probably will.  Didn't Pride call him "Forensics Agent" Sebastian when issuing him his weapon?  He'll probably function a lot like Nell in Los Angeles.  She is also a commissioned NCIS Agent who can help in the field when needed, yet still does most of her work in Ops.

Edited by UncleChuck
  • Love 1

To me the face of Lt James Neilson(dead fish bait guy), reminded me of Nick on CSI, or Jack Dalton on MacGyver. I know it wasn't George Eads. 

I did like how Bonnie Madigan helped Pride and was ready to shoot them at the end. I worried when she was friendly with King then later he came to to her for help , he would find-out she was part of the team that was sabotaging the rig. But then in the room where they saved the day and she popped out with the gun, then I thought maybe under cover agent? But nope, just a concerned person who was soon to have a new career. Wouldn't mind seeing her again.

I do miss Brody very much. You probably talked about why she left, but I never saw it. maybe I should read back. Gregorio can't fit in perfectly right off the bat. Same when Percy came aboard. The country mouse/City mouse part is cute. If they need to connect 2 of the agents, her and Chris would be the best match in my opinion. But I thought Chris and Brody was a good match also.

I figured Sebastian would have problems with Special Agent Perkins. But it is nice he saw that Sebastian is good at his job. I figured it would happen.

It is nice that Loretta and Patten did miss Sebastian.  His replacement Temp Lab Technician Claire Belcher, reminds me of the "Bones" Squinterns. Not sure if they will have more.

Was surprised too they cleaned and painted the boat so quickly. Why not just have it disappear? I figured early that Elliot Laroche probably had something to do with it. At-least on "Elementary" it seems to be a bit harder to figure who it is. They throw in a couple more dead ends and wrong leads. These guys do at times and other times it's more straight forward. Did like the episode. But it did seem Pride figured out the bad guy(Darren Reade) quick. i at first did think Rig Manager Jackson Houser was on Prides side.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, webruce said:

I do miss Brody very much. You probably talked about why she left, but I never saw it. maybe I should read back.

There isn't any real explanation as to why she left but most of the discussion is in the Meredith Brody thread, here:

Meredith Brody

• Love 1

Issues, issues, I have issues -- with King and the Mayor.

The Mayor is a snake. He has always been a snake -- frankly, it's what makes him an effective politician according to this series. BUT he has helped NCIS on more than one occasion, and (just last week) at great risk to himself.

King? Is a sanctimonious dick. He should have told the Mayor that he was in the government's sites last episode. Instead he dances around and plays tight lipped. When it suits him, he'll blackmail the Mayor to get what he wants, but when the Mayor threatens to play hardball, King gets offended.

If I were the Mayor I wouldn't help NCIS again ever. King needs help? Fuck him. Let him do his job effectively in NOLA without political help.

• Love 1

I thought this was a decent episode. The bickering between LaSalle and Gregorio was a bit eyeroll inducing but I chalked it up to Gregorio chafing at not being a top dog anymore and having to take orders from LaSalle as the senior agent. Please god, no UST.

Sebastian standing up to his FLETC trainer/supervisor was cliched but also good. I feel like a couple of seasons ago he would have been cowed but he's definitely grown. And I liked that the supervisor respected that, but also didn't let him off the hook.

Liked Bonnie-- maybe she and Pride could start dating? (Mostly because I feel like Pride/Gregorio might be a thing... and nope.) I like how the team started to bicker about who would get to go out to the rig and LaSalle was like "heh, yeah, hold that thought."

• Love 1

I ended up liking McGee much more with the team than Torres. Too bad Patton had to be away to make a place for him, though. Thought Gregorio was great - much better at undercover than suspected. It was an enjoyable hour, which is all I expect from this show.

• Love 1

this was very clunky to me. Admittedly I do not watch this iteration of NCIS. (Believe me - no judging - I watch LA primarily for Chris ODonnel).  But the team seemed to take too very long to realize who the potential killers could have been. There was too much conversation of (what I thought) very obvious scenarios. CCHP is sorely underused. (Altho maybe that is not the case other weeks.) 

I liked Percy and that she didn't like stairs. Ha. 

I thought Torres got caught on purpose but then they didn't reference it. 

Look at McGee with his own little probie wannabe! Should I be concerned that Sebastian carries a weapon but seems unfamiliar with using it??

who knew Scott bakula would be a middle aged hottie?!? 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Look at McGee with his own little probie wannabe! Should I be concerned that Sebastian carries a weapon but seems unfamiliar with using it??

They called Percy a NFG, as opposed to the FNG Fucking New Guy of the Vietnam War era. But then both women were already Federal Agents who transferred to NCIS  NOLA.

• Love 1

I'd forgotten all about Eva the spy and now I'm sad she's a bad guy because I could dig her/Gregorio. Maybe they'll find an excuse to need her out of prison again in the future. Not going to lie, though, I kind of love that Eva stone cold stabbed that guy (Victor?). I agree Torres might work better in NOLA than the Mothership, but NOLA's getting a little crowded right now.

I thought it was sweet that Sebastian sees McGee as a mentor and as someone that he could grow into. I hope we see future interactions between the two of them.

• Love 2

I think there was a lot of incompetence to go around. 

• The idea of Sebastian as a field agent is just dumb. He proved that again in this episode and nearly got himself killed.
  • If your agent is going to the 10th floor for a meet, follow her up so you can get into the room quickly. Have more than one guy on perimeter security.
  • If you're searching a 30 story building, get some help.
  • GPS does not work on a horizontal plane as shown. They'd know what building, but not what floor.
  • Why couldn't they track Torres' phone? It was on the whole time, they called it.

It was neat to see Cady from Longmire though.

Edited by DA77
  • Love 2
On 2/15/2017 at 9:26 PM, marina to said:

Is it wrong I ship these two? I love their scenes together.

I don't think so. That scene with them asking each other if they'll ever marry again suggested that it could happen. 

By process of elimination, there were only two people besides Jack who could have committed the murders: the streetcar driver or the attorney. The streetcar driver likely wouldn't have known how to clean up a crime scene so well. 

I didn't finish last week's crossover because it was awful. But this one was great! Loretta's backstory and past catching up on her, and CCH Pounder bringing gravitas to the role were the best parts, I thought. I'm glad they did the follow up on Jack Gordon's story after the real killer was dealt with (good job, Loretta!). Very touching scene with him and Pride in the streetcar and even more emotional scene with him and Loretta.

The team did a lot of emotional support of Loretta, it was nice.

LOL, Gregorio is the Shipper on Deck! They also confirmed her being bisexual in a throwaway line, which I appreciated. And yeah, Christopher will need every help he can get when it comes to winning Percy over.

My personal favorite: Gregorio continues to call Sebastian "baby". Aww.

USS Enterprise was mentioned, and Jack Gordon is callback to Flash Gordon, right?

• Love 2

I didn't finish the crossover either last week for the same reasons. It was awful.

However, this was a really good episode. I did find them quickly concluding that the lawyer did it was a bit of a stretch. There was no evidence,  circumstantial or otherwise, that made that leap work, but still this was a really good episode. It felt like old school NCIS:NO. 

It was good seeing Sebastian back in the lab where he belongs. Sorry, but to me he just doesn't work as an agent.

I missed Percy though. I know Shalita has another show. Perhaps that's why she's practically turned to reoccurring on here? But I miss her! And no explanation again as to where she was this episode. :(

• Love 1

This show is on too late for me to stay awake......I drifted off to sleep after learning Jack was set up by the real killer who left that strand of Jack's hair on the latest victim, waking up just in time to see the end of the episode where Loretta invited Jack into her home.  Did I miss much?  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Did I miss much?

The real killer was Jack's lawyer, and he came to the lab to destroy the evidence and kill Loretta. He knocked off Sebastian, Loretta kicked his ass with the jar of hydrochloric acid, and then Pride and LaSalle killed him dead.

I thought it started off rough with Gregorio's mad profiling skillz in the beginning ("perp wanted her to be found" or whatever nonsense she said as they are staring at the body strung up on display), but Loretta saved the rest of the show for me (esp after last week's disaster).  She should be the new lead!!!

8 hours ago, Enero said:

It was good seeing Sebastian back in the lab where he belongs. Sorry, but to me he just doesn't work as an agent.

I second this - I like how he and Loretta interact in the lab.  When Sebastian is out in the field with the agents, it doesn't seem natural.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, enoughcats said:

Mr. Enoughcats informs me that the bar at the beginning is the one we knew as The Dungeon, which used to open very late (it's been a while)

Do you mean that bar where Torres gets arrested?  That's not the Dungeon.  There's not one hallway or room in the Dungeon that's as wide open as that place was.  It looks like just some random courtyard. 

Also, the Dungeon started opening earlier in the evening about not long after Katrina.  If you remember it from back when it opened at midnight, you'd be sadly disappointed in it now.  It's not even close to what it was back then.

• Love 1

Was it that Tom Arnold had a cold? I was concerned it may be something more....neurological. He seems rather jittery. Especially in the scene with Sebastian. He was sitting down but his right foot was tapping constantly. 

Also, had to laugh at the term "collective"! All I could think was "those damn Borg! Go get em, Archer!"  It was also an interesting term since I have used "collective " and "Borg" myself in describing my life in California. 

The fact that the team over reacted to the emails didn't bother me so much, because I found that to be true to real life. People are believing absolutely everything they read, even if it's misleading, inaccurate, incomplete, or fabricated. And then everyone gets all upset over their perceptions over said information. 

And as far as Mayor Hamilton..I CAN believe he is still the mayor, given the governor of my once great state. 

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 1

Well, thanks for the info on the crossover , everyone. In my attempt to binge and catch up, I watched this one instead of the crossover. I think I'll skip the crossover altogether.

i agree that Sebastian works better in the lab. 

It was also nice to see Loretta's back story. When she was re examining the old case, I almost thought that they might mention how DNA and forensics evidence has changed in the past 20 years. I have a friend who is a "cold case detective". It's very interesting how many crimes that have been committed where law enforcement actually KNOWS who the perp is, but having enough to have the DA file charges, and then proving in court " Beyond a reasonable doubt " is another matter entirely. The cases go "cold", and there is no further investigation because the suspect is known. But then, technology catches up- and the suspects in many cold cases have FINALLY been arrested because the evidence can actually be presented. 

• Love 3