Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/18/2016 at 11:01 PM, marina to said:

I really loved this ep. It was great to see Sebastian have a chance to shine by seeing him work under pressure and play to his strengths. The most enjoyable ep this season. Maybe it has to do with Sonja missing and new girl mostly background but being useful. The team's ties to each other and their community is this show's biggest strength and it's the best when they use them.

I saw her on TV in something else that looked like a new show. I wasn't really watching it so I don't know what it was. But that could be the reason she's sometimes absent from NCIS: NO.

I don't miss her when she's gone. 

On 10/19/2016 at 3:33 PM, Misslindsey said:

I liked the episode, but I did miss Sonja. I am glad Sebastian got a chance to shine a bit. Also, I would love Gregorio to go back to DC. I cannot stand her.

I am very glad Sebastian got a chance to shine. His mother's presence made me feel even sorrier for him, like he can't help his neuroses; he got them honest, as they say. 

The crazy hero-gamer plot worked well for him, an unlikely hero. I love that his team (I don't mean FBI chick) didn't doubt him and acknowledged how truly smart & talented he is. 

• Love 2
On 10/20/2016 at 9:51 AM, JessDVD said:

I don't think it was necessarily that easy for Sebastian to tell the team about the prison guard and all that, because then the blond chick and the the other guy that the guard, prisoner, and Sebastian met at the truck, would have known that something happened, assumed that Sebastian turned them in, and gone to kill his mom, before the team was able to find and detain the two of them at the truck.

All it would have taken is something like: Sebastian: "Oh, and the blonde chick and this other dude threatened Dr. Wade, her kids, and my Mom, could you make sure they're protected?" Sebastian simply telling the group exactly what was going on would have ended the episode right there, but then they'd have 10-15 minutes to fill.

Edited by immortalfrieza

It felt random that Sonja wasn't there this week, but oh well. 

It was nice to see Sebastian shine for episode; he's sweet and adorkable in the over the top tv way so it's nice to see him get to be badass for an episode. I loved how he hugged Pride at the end and wouldn't let go. 

FBI chick was still annoying, though I will admit slightly more tolerable (nooooooo I still dislike her, I don't want her to be tolerable)-- maybe because it was "casual Tuesday." Seriously, though, please send her back to NYC. 

Liked seeing Wendi Mackie as Sebastian's mom; I thought that was a good casting choice! 

• Love 3

I decided I'd watch because I also find Sebastian adorkable! And agreed on Wendi Malick- so great as Sebastian's mom! And I loved how Sebastian humored her when she went overboard.

Though FBI gal was slightly more tolerable this week, i was REALLY missing Brody, in light of the friendship that she shared with Sebastian. 

Very cute how Sebastian tried to learn football to bond with LaSalle. 

And "Lt Reed" out of the mouth of Scott Bakula just made me realize how I need to go back and watch Enterprise reruns (and Michael vs Malcolm..very close). Add to that Sebastian's Star Trek ringtone...loved it. 

• Love 3

The team is so worried that the Department of Justice (DOJ) will force them to add more team members and maybe even move to real offices in the federal building...so do they work for the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV), Leon Vance and NCIS, or Justice Department?  I had the funny notion that Vance might be responsible for staffing their unit...but?

Actually, the way Pride makes his own rules, it appears mostly that they don't work FOR anybody.

• Love 4

Is there any doubt that Grigorio will eventually stay on? Or that eventually her ex will surface in NOLA? 

The constant efforts to impede Pride's operation may be coming from a corrupt official high up the bureaucratic ladder. It's an overworked cliché in crime TV that successful law enforcement operations are always being investigated and threatened with being disbanded or put under new leadership. Suspicious much?

The NCIS team reviews unorthodox training exercises after a Navy Seal candidate is found murdered weeks before his graduation. Also, a concerned Wade turns to Pride after her adopted son, Danny, announces his plan to enter the Navy.

The one thing I do get is that New Orleans is probably a key spot for baddies sneaking into the country. I only say that given the amount of water. But then I think of Miami or any other large port area. I can see why they might want more people in NO, but this whole thing about the DOJ and the FBI seeming to have power over that particular office just makes no sense. That bugs me so much it takes me out of the story.

I will give TPTB some credit: they're taking their time with Gigorio. It makes me wonder if they've read the viewer's complaints and are having second thoughts. In contrast, in the mother ship, they just dumped the two new people on us.

• Love 3

I don't care about Grigorio's Back Story of Wangst. Her character just doesn't fit in. Period.

I don't mind them adding another character, but they need someone that fits. Brody and the actress playing her meshed really well with everyone. This ... is not working.

• Love 7

After she confessed her "back story", I said to the screen "Pride, tell her about your convict father. Bond with her!". Geez, it's not like the ex had an odd last name (McKinley I think?). If she had kept the name, would everyone just assume she's related to the guy? "Are you related to ...". Say "No"! 

I have to say that Gregorio didn't bug me as much this week. And I liked her interaction with Loretta.

what really bugged me was the fact that the accountant was the sole survivor of a horrific plane crash. And he apparently just walked away and hid out in the swamps for a few days. Yea...totally realistic! *sarcasm*

I had to laugh at the CIA agent's robotic response "I work for Everglades Air" over and over.

And apparently the FBI has their own "geeky" IT guy (I say that with affection for those IT people I've work s with) I missed Patton this week more than I missed Sonya Last week.

• Love 3

Am sounding like a broken record (kids, ask your parents) here, but I am getting tired of the FBI/DOJ interference with NCIS-NO.  Hey Vance, where are you?  Tell them those FBI-types to pound sand or something.

Gregorio was better.  Still was rolling my eyes at the end of the episode though.  So she also has some dark past to deal with.  Sigh.   Didn't Meri also have some sort dark past that she was running from?  Can't they have people on this program without some sort of troubled past in their background?

Also, what was that deal about those "micro drones".  Supposedly they are so small they are next to impossible to detect.  Yet, you have a bunch of them together which makes them, well, detectable!  Heh.

Btw, the Mothership is adding not just 2 but apparently 3 new cast members (Quinn, Torres, and that British dude).  The latter I wish they'd keep around and the others put at least on re-occuring status.

I enjoy this show but wish that Meri would come back.  Yep, another cliche of new team member with a "past", on top of the NY stereotyping.   And I really hate when my intelligence is insulted by having a plane crash which then appears to explode on contact, leaving the plane in parts, and then HAVING SOMEBODY ACTUALLY SURVIVE!   And without any obviously broken bones, or even worse injuries.  REALLY??? 

I understand that you have to usually deal with some element of fantasy in most tv shows, but this veers in Blacklist territory.  

• Love 3

I missed Patton this week more than I missed Sonya Last week.

This reminds me of the last season of Cold Case - which was cancelled for high production costs as well as having ratings that skewed too old.  To save money, each week a different actor would be written out of the episode.   If Loretta or the lab guy is MIA next week, we know this is the last season long before the network announces it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mermaid Under said:

This reminds me of the last season of Cold Case - which was cancelled for high production costs as well as having ratings that skewed too old.  To save money, each week a different actor would be written out of the episode.   If Loretta or the lab guy is MIA next week, we know this is the last season long before the network announces it.

THAT is very interesting! I'll be keeping close tabs on the character appearances! 

• Love 1
On 27/10/2016 at 8:30 PM, Mermaid Under said:

It's a cost cutting measure, but it doesn't mean it's the last season. Law & Order: SVU did something similar about three seasons ago, with one sit-out character per episode. And it's still on the air. So I wouldn't worry.

Besides, they're still getting about 10 million viewers per episode and NCIS:LA and the mothership are aging. LA will probably get killed first, it's ratings aren't as good (but are still really good for Sunday).

Was I the only one hoping that with the episode title of "course correction" that we would get rid of all the FBI crap? I am so over them being involved in every episode and the constant us vs them shtick that's just been ground to death. (Also pretty sure this show uses the letters NCIS, not FBI.) And seriously, wouldn't Vance be involved with any changes to the office, regardless of the DOJ? Do they think we're idiots? 

They are laying it on pretty thick for FBI chick to stay, and we have angsty background story complete with NOLA connection. Ugh. Just let her go. No one wants her. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, catray said:

Was I the only one hoping that with the episode title of "course correction" that we would get rid of all the FBI crap? I am so over them being involved in every episode and the constant us vs them shtick that's just been ground to death. (Also pretty sure this show uses the letters NCIS, not FBI.) And seriously, wouldn't Vance be involved with any changes to the office, regardless of the DOJ? Do they think we're idiots? 

They are laying it on pretty thick for FBI chick to stay, and we

They are laying it on pretty thick for FBI chick to stay, and we have angsty background story complete with NOLA connection. Ugh. Just let her go. No one wants her. 

have angsty background story complete with NOLA connection. Ugh. Just let her go. No one wants her. 

As long as she takes her FBI boss with her. Ferlito grew on me when I watched Graceland. But her character just doesn't fit here; it's forced. I turned off when she was explaining her backstory to Pride. I also wasn't buying the way she tried to connect with the victim's daughter. They're really reaching. It's just not the same thing. First of all, McKinley? Second of all, just no. Not the same. If she's going to be on the show, is this going to come up all the time - that she was married to a bad man? I'm not interested. Was more interested in Sebastian's online girlfriend and Ms. Loretta's two boys, even Pride's daughter. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2016 at 4:51 PM, neuromom said:

I have to say that Gregorio didn't bug me as much this week. And I liked her interaction with Loretta.

what really bugged me was the fact that the accountant was the sole survivor of a horrific plane crash. And he apparently just walked away and hid out in the swamps for a few days. Yea...totally realistic! *sarcasm*

I had to laugh at the CIA agent's robotic response "I work for Everglades Air" over and over.

And apparently the FBI has their own "geeky" IT guy (I say that with affection for those IT people I've work s with) I missed Patton this week more than I missed Sonya Last week.

Ms. Loretta is good with anyone, even Gregorio. 

I love the geeks, too. I like Patten and would like to see more on him. He is a full cast member, right? I think at first he was a series regular or something. I like Sebastian, so I was thrilled last week that he got his own story and that the series showed that he and Patten are actually friends. 

[10/31/16 - 06:00 PM]
CBS Programming Advisory for Tuesday, Nov. 1
The network will opt for repeats of "NCIS," "Bull" and "NCIS: New Orleans" against Game 6 of the World Series on FOX.

[via press release from CBS]

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY FOR TUESDAY, NOV. 1

The following rebroadcasts of NCIS, BULL and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS replace the original episodes previously scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 1:

8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS "Scope" (OAD 3/15/16)

9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT BULL "The Woman in 8D" (OAD 9/27/16)

10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS: NEW ORLEANS "Billy & the Kid" (OAD 11/24/15)

The Futon Critic

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

Good episode. I'd say the best of the season. 

I love the friendship between Loretta and Pride. 

The FBI agent was more toned down in this episode, but she's still not working for me.

The situation with LaSalle was predictable and cringeworthy. Why the show felt the need to go there is beyond me unless this is their attempt at creating angst with him and Sonja, but they could've done that without going the baby route.

All that said, LB looked a little better in this episode. Or maybe I'm just getting used to his weight loss?  He didn't look as thin and gaunt as he did in the first few episodes. 

• Love 1

Shalita Grant also is on Mercy Street, a PBS show.  The seasons don't run as long as traditional TV and is filmed mostly over the spring/summer.  There is some overlap though, which is why there were a few episodes last year Percy was absent from as well.

8 hours ago, Enero said:

Good episode. I'd say the best of the season. 

I love the friendship between Loretta and Pride. 

The FBI agent was more toned down in this episode, but she's still not working for me.

The situation with LaSalle was predictable and cringeworthy. Why the show felt the need to go there is beyond me unless this is their attempt at creating angst with him and Sonja, but they could've done that without going the baby route.

All that said, LB looked a little better in this episode. Or maybe I'm just getting used to his weight loss?  He didn't look as thin and gaunt as he did in the first few episodes. 

Where did you end up seeing the episode? (All of the posts in this thread are about how it has been pre-empted).

34 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

I think Canada gets it on Mondays. Since the preemption was unplanned and last-minute, it probably ran as usual a day early.

No, we got the rerun too.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

I think Canada gets it on Mondays. Since the preemption was unplanned and last-minute, it probably ran as usual a day early.

I am Canadian - I was very confused about the pre-emption on Monday since there wasn't anything posted here about it. It wasn't as unplanned/last-minute as they are trying to make us believe.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Where did you end up seeing the episode? (All of the posts in this thread are about how it has been pre-empted).

It's loaded on the Watch Series site. 

9 hours ago, secnarf said:

Thanks!

I miss Brody so much. Especially that last scene - it should not have been Gregorio there with him.

Agreed. I'm sure that is the show's attempt at embedding her into the team but it didn't feel authentic. Neither did her constant advice to him throughout the episode. It just seemed ridiculous that a man with as much mileage with women as LaSalle and not to mention his age would've initially handled the situation that way. He would've already known he couldn't avoid his ex/jump off/booty call, whatever she was forever. 

• Love 1

What happened to Brody (or rather, the actress who played her) seems to be the big question this season.  Anybody read anything yet?

And No! To Lasalle and the baby drama.  How many times do tv shows have to beat this thing to death of male characters finding out that they have children (grown or otherwise) they didn't know about.  And why did the baby mama wait so long until telling him?  Ugh - show don't go down that path!

• Love 2

Read the Merri Brody thread.  It has a lot of info on why she left in there.  It was either creative or being in the throes of a custody dispute, depending on which article you choose to believe.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

And No! To Lasalle and the baby drama.  How many times do tv shows have to beat this thing to death of male characters finding out that they have children (grown or otherwise) they didn't know about.  And why did the baby mama wait so long until telling him?  Ugh - show don't go down that path!

Baby Mama did seem like a bunny boiler to me. I doubt it will be Lasalle's baby. But I wonder how long they'll string out this sorry plotline.

The mayor looked horrified at what he had done, I believe he didn't know he was helping a pedophile but if he hadn't interfered when he was an ada he wouldn't have to be horrified.

I'm not really sure why the victim was even going to see the mayor about the abuse.

35 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Read the Merri Brody thread.  It has a lot of info on why she left in there.  It was either creative or being in the throes of a custody dispute, depending on which article you choose to believe.

I have a hard time believing it was a creative problem.  The writers put Brody in a bad spot and they could just as easily get her out again but they chose not to. So I am thinking it was a more personal decision but I have no idea what.

• Love 2

The article on the Merri Brody thread wasn't too enlightening.  I remember reading somewhere that her ex-husband had been given some obscene amount of money in alimony after her getting on NCIS-NO.   I'm sure after going through a nasty divorce/child custody thing, the actress may have just said "screw it" or had so much stress that it created problems while filming the show.  Maybe we will never know.  

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the new woman.  She's not terrible but I still find her annoying.  And maybe not the actress's fault but I'm annoyed with her shirt always so low-cut (to the point of where her bra is showing in some scenes).   Can't women be strong and badass and competent without being made into sex objects?  In reality, would most woman FBI agents be running around on the job dressed like that? 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

And maybe not the actress's fault but I'm annoyed with her shirt always so low-cut (to the point of where her bra is showing in some scenes).   Can't women be strong and badass and competent without being made into sex objects?  In reality, would most woman FBI agents be running around on the job dressed like that? 

I noticed how low her shirt was too and thought it very unprofessional - like Catherine and her tank tops on CSI.  At least she is less abrasive now and I may get used to her.  I liked Brody well enough and I do miss her but life goes on and she's gone so I will have to move on too.

I noticed the super low cut shirts too! It was distracting. FBI chick has been less abrasive but she could still lave anytime and I wouldn't miss her. 

I do not understand why they decided they needed to add baby mama drama for Lasalle. It's unnecessary and I think we could all probably put money on it not actually be his kid. Other annoying nits to pick with this storyline: why did she wait so long? Not even a freaking an email or voicemail; just ambushing him on the street? And could someone please request a DNA test asap? My eyes, they are rolling outta my head. I would take dumb interagency fighting between NCIS and the FBI over this. 

I think the only enjoyable aspect of this episode was the secondary plot with Loretta/Danny/Pride about Danny joining the Navy. 

• Love 4

The Loretta/Danny/Pride aspect annoyed the crap out of me.  UNO partners with Tulane to do a Navy ROTC program.  You'd think that Loretta & Pride could have enough pull to get Danny some great letters of recommendation for the program, so he could do both (serve the country & go to college).  So, in addition to doing both, he could stay close to his younger brother, who seems to have disappeared....you'd think that would be argument #1 for Loretta.  It just seemed like needless drama, much like the mysterious son, whose appearance should have sent Lasalle to the nearest drugstore for a home paternity test.

• Love 4

Yeah the baby will probably be a big fake-out but then it will get Lasalle thinking how he'd love to find a good woman and stop his partying ways.  Open the door to romance...  the hell the show tanked Pride's marriage and killed off Lasalle's girlfriend from season 1.  

I just hope that they don't force the Lasalle/Sonja thing on us.  Keep them as good friends - no chemistry between the actors - and makes for less workplace "drama". 

• Love 1

Finally watched the show. Two days late, since it's no longer "must see" tv for me. Gah with Plot Baby. I'll leave it at that.

always enjoy seeing Steven Weber as the smarmy mayor. 

And I was a LiTTLE annoyed with Loretta for trying to make choices for her ADULT son. She did her job. He's a smart kid and has a good head on his shoulders. I do understand fears. I have a teen who wants to go into law enforcement. And he's in the cadet program. And it scares me, but when he's grown, it will be HIS choice. So all I can do now is to provide him with all the knowledge and information he needs to make the best decision for HIMSELF. I've seen enough kids pushed into things by their parents, and they are miserable. I'm glad Dwayne was good counsel for both Danny and Loretta.

i love how Sonya can read the room.

• Love 2

In reality, would most woman FBI agents be running around on the job dressed like that? 

Maybe not in reality...but in NCIS-land where it is acceptable for the Agent in Charge to wear an untucked t-shirt, it seems reasonable.

LaSalle is going to Gregorio for advice? Oye! I miss Brody! And after the big push to make LaSalle and Percy friends, he's going to ask the new girl first? I think this one will be on DVR until I read all the reviews on this board. 

• Love 2