Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

I used to not like Tom Arnold, but then I noticed that when he appeared on Letterman, the band would play him on with Zevon's "Excitable Boy."  He had a nice story about Zevon helping him with his rehab and since I'm a huge Warren Zevon fan, I now like Tom Arnold.  Like Billy Bob Thornton (also a friend of Zevon's), I don't think either Arnold or Thornton are as weird as the media (or they) would like us to believe.

And Bakula's talent is wasted on this show. I'm gonna be watching my QL and/or Star Trek: Enterprise DVDs instead of this crapfest.

• Love 2

Cannot stand the new FBI character.  I, too, am hoping that if the ratings dive they send her packing and back to wherever she came from.  They had high ratings, why on earth did they fire the other actress?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  

• Love 3

Is this where I confess that I actually kind of like Tom Arnold in his late-career guest starring roles?  He also did a pretty effective turn as a bad guy on Hawaii 5-0 a couple seasons ago.  I wouldn't mind if Elvis popped back in a time or two as a tertiary recurring character here.  Tom Arnold and Scott Bakula have decent chemistry together.

• Love 5
On 9/28/2016 at 8:29 AM, honeydo7 said:

The character played by Vanessa Ferlito told Pride she wants to go home......... if the show's ratings take a dive...... maybe the writer's will grant her wish. Plus since those CBS dunderheads decided to move NOLA to Tuesday nights at 10, it's very easy to forget to watch!

They are trying to build a protective  sandwich full of Bull

• Love 2

We almost made it to the first commercial without FBI prick, er, chick, showing up. Dang, everyone here is right about her being just totally unwatchable. I actually did like her boss though. Can't he stick around instead of her? (I know he will be in New Orleans, but not as a main character like her)

The plot was confusing to me, however , I did call it from the first 10 mins that Ann was the baddie. And count me as one who never really liked Tom Arnold, but he actually did a good job here.

Brody left a HUGE gaping hole. This show is NOT the same as the past 2 seasons. 

Why would Scott Bakula want to put his name on as producer to this...mess?

• Love 3

I'm very glad that Brody isn't around anymore.  Didn't like the character at all.  That being said, I'm not sure New FBI is the answer - I liked the actress on Graceland, but she really doesn't fit in here.

Tom Arnold wasn't too much of his normal shouty self, so he can come back anytime.  Percy/LaSalle don't have any chemistry - so stop trying to make them happen.  And on an even shallower note, did everyone lose 20 lbs and gain new teeth over the summer?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, donovan said:

did everyone lose 20 lbs and gain new teeth over the summer?

well, LaSalle looked better this week. Maybe it was the beard that made him look so thin. But overall, that was my first question in the season premiere. Both he and Pride looked almost emancipated!

After watching these last two episodes....gotta agree with the consensus....the FBI chick sucks! I don't like her could care less about her back story, just want her gone...please bring back Brody the chemistry is definitely off.

As for Percy/LaSalle, I do see chemistry...but please take it slow.

I don't know if I will continue watching..it's not the same.

• Love 4

Can't stand the new FBI agent (sorry this is harsh but wow she is just not very attractive), she adds nothing to this show. I like Percy and LaSalle better when they were the teasing City Mouse/Country Mouse not liking this trying to make them happen, its not happening, there is definitely a friend vibe not a romantic vibe. Hate Sebastian. Miss Brody!

• Love 2

This had become my favorite NCIS show, but damn, I just cannot watch it with that horrible FBI chick.  She makes me want to drive nails in my eyes/ears whenever she's on.  I think I'll be bowing out and just checking the boards until, hopefully (please, please) she leaves.

• Love 5

OK, I'm done.  I could only watch the first half hour, and I had to change the channel.  The continued presence of FBI chick has ruined the program for me.  Guess now I'll be getting to bed early on Tuesday nights.

• Love 4

I'm still watching........

New Girl is still making me want to smash my head against a wall.smi20.gif
Are they trying to make New Girl and Pride a "thing"?

These first three episodes have sucked and the preview for the fourth didn't look any better.

• Love 9

Oh this is weird, this episode aired yesterday for me. I was wondering about the lack of comments!

I think the new girl was marginally less annoying, moving her from "I'm going to throw my remote control at the TV every time I see her face" to "tuning out every time she comes onscreen".

The only reason I haven't abandoned the show is because they keep saying she's only going to be there temporarily, until whatever case is done. I wish we had a more solid timeline on that. I don't think I could handle a full season of her. Even more, she seems to bring out the worst in Sonja, so now Sonja is kind of grating on my nerves as well.

Anyways, I totally called the guy not actually being shot, as soon as it happened. Too cheesy and optimistic.

• Love 2

NCIS-NO/PTB:. Get rid of the new girl pronto.  The actress is annoying in every single thing she's ever done.  She's ruining a great camaraderie of actors -- cut the cord quickly PLEASE.  I love this show and the New Orleans setting -- you've made a big error with this particular actress.  And yes, I really miss Brody...but that's beside the point...this new addition is a NO-no-no.

• Love 8

Just checking in.....show is currently airing here, but I have yet to turn it on. Based on these comments, I have no desire to. I will continue to relax in bed and play silly video games on my IPad instead. 

I will be interested to see the ratings trends over the last three episodes. 

I remember the new FBI gal from her time on CSI:NY and I enjoyed that show SO MUCH better when she was replaced by Anna Belknap.  When she left CSI:NY TPTB made sure she would not return by having her corpse discovered burned to a crisp as her former team investigated a scene.  We can only hope for a replay...

• Love 3

Yep, another person here who's still not liking her character.  Especially since her presence there *still* seems to causing unnecessary conflicts with the FBI office.  Make *that* storyline stop as well!

One thing that did make me wince a bit in this episode.  Was when Pride told the mother at NCIS-NO headquarters that he thought her son was still alive.  First of all, despite all that forensic technobabble about it hitting a brick wall and not a person (and I still think that conclusion was dubious at best), he still doesn't know if they kept him alive at the time he was conversing with the mother there.  It could have created a lot of false hope.  I would have held off on that and then if they rescued her son later on, then it would have been so much the better. 

I will still stick with the show, since I really don't have much else to watch at that time of night.  But I am enjoying it a lot less than I did before.

• Love 9

I know what you're saying brgjoe , about there not being much else to watch.  My Tues. line-up was NCIS, and NCIS-NO.  Then TPTB threw Bull in-between them.  The addition of unpleasant new characters to both NCIS shows, and the fact that I just don't like Bull is really going to make Tues nights a challenge.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mysteyman said:

I don't think that she is temporary.

She will eventually be a full fledged member of the team.

I think the same especially since she's in the opening already.

• Love 2

Yes, I think it's all but certain that newbie is here to stay. She fits the pattern of all the NCIS shows with their 'liaison' officers - Ziva, Deeks, that new MI5 guy. They come on for a case and seem temporary, maybe even leave for a while, and then suddenly become permanent. I expected Sonja to be that character on this show, so I was surprised when they said that she'd actually joined NCIS. And I wondered if they were heading there with the Australian woman last year. But new girl will stay in the FBI, work with NCIS and lead to two or three episodes a season where her deep, dark FBI past comes back to haunt the team. Boring.

And yes, I do not need to see her hook up with Pride. Although, that's one thing all the other shows have avoided, the leads like Gibbs or Callen/Sam/Hetty don't ever hook up with co-workers - only the baby chickens can have romantic relationships with each other (Tony/Ziva, Abby/McGee, Kensi/Deeks, Nell/Eric). We have that starting already here with Sonja and LaSalle so I doubt they'll do something different with Pride. There's a formula to these shows. If it ever does happen, I'm out. Not interested in seeing the boss getting it on with a subordinate.

But I was really enjoying this show, and now I'm not enjoying it much and only one thing has changed. So. This is clearly not an improvement.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, secnarf said:

Oh this is weird, this episode aired yesterday for me. I was wondering about the lack of comments!

Global moved this to Monday night for no good reason and without any warning.  So I missed it this week - I was away and would have missed it anyhow but I had no idea they moved it until it wasn't on last night.

Since when does the FBI tell Pride what to do?  Where the hell is Vance?  If you don't want to pay the actor to appear, make a phone call..no harm, no foul.

This FBI chick is not even polarizing...NOBODY likes her.   NOBODY!  Her telling them what's legal and illegal is going to get old fast.  I want Brody back :(

At the end I thought for sure she was going to say the FBI fired her and she was going to be NCIS permanently. 

• Love 6

I dont  think that they are going to hook up Pride&Gregorio.

But I do think  that Pride is sizing her up for the team as a full time member.

And if she does have a dark secret in her past, Pride probably already knows about it.

15 hours ago, secnarf said:

I think the new girl was marginally less annoying, moving her from "I'm going to throw my remote control at the TV every time I see her face" to "tuning out every time she comes onscreen".

The only reason I haven't abandoned the show is because they keep saying she's only going to be there temporarily, until whatever case is done. I wish we had a more solid timeline on that. I don't think I could handle a full season of her. Even more, she seems to bring out the worst in Sonja, so now Sonja is kind of grating on my nerves as well.

Anyways, I totally called the guy not actually being shot, as soon as it happened. Too cheesy and optimistic.

I thought she was on the show permanently. Do we know what her status is on the show? It seemed odd to have her in the credits in the first episode of the season. Or maybe that's how it's always done and it just took me by surprise. 

The actress grew on me somewhat when I watched Graceland because at first I found her to be very annoying. But on this show, I don't like the character. I'm thinking maybe they'll show her coming around and learning to work with a team, eat gumbo, and what not. I wasn't a Brody fan so I don't dislike the character because of that. 

• Love 1

Brody was no Kensi, Kate, Ziva or even Bishop, but I still liked her.  Not sure what they were thinking because I just want to punch the FBI woman in the face everytime she is on screen.  I do not like her voice, her attitude, her character, if this keeps up I am done watching!  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Trey said:

Global moved this to Monday night for no good reason and without any warning.  So I missed it this week - I was away and would have missed it anyhow but I had no idea they moved it until it wasn't on last night.

You can watch it on the Global website, too :)

The minute Pride offers this new FBI woman a full-time position with their team, I am out. They would have to change literally everything about her character in order for me to like her. Except her apartment - that was nice.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, neuromom said:

I will be interested to see the ratings trends over the last three episodes. 

Ratings for this episode.

NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)1.2/5

TV By the Numbers

I liked Vanessa Ferlito (and Anna Belknap) in CSI: NY.  I'm still watching, but the adversarial nature of Gregorio and the FBI toward Pride and his team is waring thin.

Cannot stand the new character.  I don't like her mannerisms, her voice, her attitude, etc.  This actress seems to play the same type in everything she's in.  Gee, maybe the studio bosses should take note that the ratings began to fall when they introduced her.  The Brody character was not from Louisiana, but she made an effort to fit in better.  Another example of meddling with a proven formula and getting bad results.  

• Love 4

The FBI chick, who shall remain nameless, just oozes arrogance and condescension with her every word, and I don't know whether it's the actress or a deliberate part of her character but FBI chick looks and sounds like she doesn't give a damn about anything that's happening. It's clear that FBI chick was a last minute change that the writers then had to scramble to write into the plots they had because they were blindsided by Zoe leaving, the writing for her is absolutely abysmal.

And yet more pissing matches between NCIS and the FBI, now we've added State to the mix. Let's please PLEASE not have this become a thing, it's always bad in any case.

• Love 5

She Shall Who Not Be Named has a piss poor, condescending attitude which I absolutely loathe. I will say that when she was actually working and getting shit done I didn't mind her but otherwise I wanted to duct tape her mouth shut bcause her voice annoys me. I loved everyone sassing her because ugh, her attitude (and voice) grates. 

19 hours ago, Lebanna said:

And I wondered if they were heading there with the Australian woman last year.

Gah, I would take her in heart beat-- she was miles above FBI lady. 

I think the ratings have been trending down since the premiere, but somehow I doubt TPTB will attribute that the new character. 

• Love 6

I don't remember this level of comic book action. Did the NCIS agents really get a hit with every shot fired even when out of range in the back of a bouncing Humvee while riflemen and automatic weapons didn't hit a the side of a barn? And shouldn't Agent Pride be deaf by now? Then the FBI supervisor says they pulled of the arrest and rescue "without incident" dropping people in the double digits, even drug and kidnap cartel button men is with incident, a whole lot of incident, Agent Isler.

• Love 2

God.  Make it stop.  I don't normally post in this forum, despite the fact I watch the show, but I could not stay silent.  FBI Chick is really, really, ruining this for me.

When Sonja asked "What are you still doing here?" full of attitude, I was like, "Girl, you are speaking for all of us."

I mean, FBI chick purses her lips and has this New Jersey Wise guy faux-mannerism thing going on that just grates! And she's just a jerk to everyone.  why, CBS? Why?

• Love 9
On 10/13/2016 at 7:15 PM, Raja said:

I don't remember this level of comic book action. Did the NCIS agents really get a hit with every shot fired even when out of range in the back of a bouncing Humvee while riflemen and automatic weapons didn't hit a the side of a barn? And shouldn't Agent Pride be deaf by now? Then the FBI supervisor says they pulled of the arrest and rescue "without incident" dropping people in the double digits, even drug and kidnap cartel button men is with incident, a whole lot of incident, Agent Isler.

Those scenes were literally comical. I felt like I was watching an 80's episode of A-Team with the exception of people getting shot. 

• Love 1

I still hate the new person, but I totally agreed with her that Sebastian should have just thrown the tablet in the truck. Of course then he wouldn't have got to blow up the car .

It seemed really odd that Sonja was missing for this case. Was there a real-life reason why she wasn't on the show this week? Or are they setting up a future storyline with the stepfather?

I really loved this ep. It was great to see Sebastian have a chance to shine by seeing him work under pressure and play to his strengths. The most enjoyable ep this season. Maybe it has to do with Sonja missing and new girl mostly background but being useful. The team's ties to each other and their community is this show's biggest strength and it's the best when they use them.

• Love 5

Wow, I didn't expect to actually agree with FBI chick on anything, but she was right, Sebastian's "plan" was utterly boneheaded and if it was anything other than fiction it wouldn't have worked. He could have just told the team about the prison guard and the threats, then Pride could have called up the Warden, had the guard arrested and Sebastian rescued, episode over, but of course it couldn't be that simple because that would be boring to watch.

• Love 2

I don't think it was necessarily that easy for Sebastian to tell the team about the prison guard and all that, because then the blond chick and the the other guy that the guard, prisoner, and Sebastian met at the truck, would have known that something happened, assumed that Sebastian turned them in, and gone to kill his mom, before the team was able to find and detain the two of them at the truck.

I agree that it would have made a lot more sense to just throw the tablet in the truck but then the battery would have died and they would have been totally gone. With Sebastian there, he could blow up the truck (any opportunity for an explosion, right?), draw their attention to where they were, etc.

FBI chick can go away at any time. I find no joy in seeing someone try to talk the team out of their insane plan. If I wanted to watch a show where a law enforcement teams carried out sane plans - well, I probably wouldn't be able to find one, but maybe original flavor Hawaii Five-O would be a possibility.

• Love 5