Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

I really hope they aren't writing Shalita Grant out. If so, it's the swan song for my interest in the show. I hated losing Zoe McLellan. It's like they get a good mix of people, then shoot themselves in the foot with it. I don't get it.

I am with you. I thought Meri was kind of bland, but pleasant. I liked her interactions with Sebastian. I thought she worked with the team dynamic well. I liked when they added Shalita Grant, because I enjoyed her in her first appearance in season one. I also thought they did a good job introducing her into the fold. I thought she fit in well and gave them four team members so they could pair off. So if Percy is indeed out than I probably will be as well. They are killing the team dynamic that drew me into this show. Gregorio and possibly Sebastian are not cutting it for me. I like Sebastian in the lab, but not so much in the field.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

PO Coates? 

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ah, thank you. I forgot she was on jag. Never watched that. I was pretty neutral about her until the end when her plot line annoyed me. I felt it could have been done better. She deserved better, I thought. And then when Ms.  fbi came on board I really missed her. 

I hope we're not losing Percy but it sure looks like it. I wish they could have better send-offs when leaving the show rather than undermining si much of the great work they've done. 

On 4/19/2017 at 8:03 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

After the Belle Chase Navy Chaplain and pastor at Clearwater Baptist is murdered, Pride believes he found a connection between Mayor Hamilton and the illegal activity taking place in the city of Clearwater. Also, Percy continues to face repercussions of her choices on a previous case.

Can't wait to see this come to a head. I'm afraid we may be losing Percy. I hope not but that's certainly the feeling  I got last week. 

• Love 2

Well, that was as frustrating as trying to get quick, courteous service at City Hall. And sometimes, finding which door to city hall is open that day. (Don't expect signs out next to the side walk.)

Let's go plant flowers in our favorite potholes.  Mine are still there and we've been gone more than a decade.

• Love 1

This corrupt mayor involved in criminal actions story line could have been wrapped up in a one hour episode. I don't like the way they're dragging this out.  More importantly how/why did the mayor go from being Pride's friendly adversary to evil criminal mastermind? If the writers intend on leaving this plot going unresolved, as part of the show's season finale.........I won't be watching anymore.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, honeydo7 said:

This corrupt mayor involved in criminal actions story line could have been wrapped up in a one hour episode. I don't like the way they're dragging this out.  More importantly how/why did the mayor go from being Pride's friendly adversary to evil criminal mastermind? If the writers intend on leaving this plot going unresolved, as part of the show's season finale.........I won't be watching anymore.

I'm guessing it had something to do w/Harrison's racist, murderous father.  He's bringing revenge back to a Pride in a roundabout way.

But yeah, much like the mole on LA, and the Frog on the mothership, this is taking way to long, and instead of hooking people to continue watching to see what happens, they're actually pushing them away.

• Love 3

Another shootout with high-powered automatic weapons and no one gets hit on either side, not even the SUV's tires. And more NCIS-spinoff pencil-neck interagency interference in the unit's crime fighting. Where's SECNAV? This show is getting more claustrophobic by the minute.a

Something else, ok two somethings else that bothered me.

Has Pride no favors to call in?  

Why are they still in Orleans Parish?  When the shit started, why not rent a place in Placquemines, or St. Bernard or even Jefferson Parishes?  The Mayor of New Orleans has NO power in the next parish, and in some of them is less than admired.  

NCIS isn't restricted to Orleans Parish, and surely, by now, Pride knows enough people along the Gulf Coast, to call in favors.  Heck, go east to Bay St. Louis, different state, but surely things have happened to Navy folks there with the ship building and maintenance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I've finally figured out why Gregorio bugs.  It's her perpetual duck pout. She looks like she's constantly posing for a selfie.  I'm getting used to her, but it's been a slow process.  If this is the end of Percy, as suggested above, it can't come too soon.  I've never gotten used to her, and I find her "banter" with LaSalle to be so contrived it's uncomfortable to watch.  No chemistry there, and the writers just can't force that kind of thing.

• Love 3

Agent gets transferred to genpop because...well...of whatever.  Haven't seen that plot point anywhere else this season.  Ugh.  Minus ten for unoriginality.  But plus five for Percy's idea to get into solitary.

59 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Something else, ok two somethings else that bothered me.

Has Pride no favors to call in?  

Why are they still in Orleans Parish?  When the shit started, why not rent a place in Placquemines, or St. Bernard or even Jefferson Parishes?  The Mayor of New Orleans has NO power in the next parish, and in some of them is less than admired.  

NCIS isn't restricted to Orleans Parish, and surely, by now, Pride knows enough people along the Gulf Coast, to call in favors.  Heck, go east to Bay St. Louis, different state, but surely things have happened to Navy folks there with the ship building and maintenance. 

Agree with you that this doesn't make sense.  NCIS is federal, no?  Why can't they have fed resources to squash this?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

Agent gets transferred to genpop because...well...of whatever.  Haven't seen that plot point anywhere else this season.  Ugh.  Minus ten for unoriginality.  But plus five for Percy's idea to get into solitary.

Agree with you that this doesn't make sense.  NCIS is federal, no?  Why can't they have fed resources to squash this?

But then those points are retracted because Percy had to call LaSalle to figure out she actually had to do something. The whole point of her moving to genpop was....pointless.  Perhaps they were using it to give SG some much needed screen time and/or add more crumbs to the Percy/LaSalle skiff, cause at this point it's not even close to being a ship, but I don't know why she was even thrown in gen pop if the story was going to go absolutely no where. 

Also, why would the judge think Percy knew where the woman she'd let go be? And if she did know why in the world would Percy risk her career over a criminal whom she'd just met? When Pride said they weren't letting her go until she gave up where the fugitive was, Percy defiantly stated that she wasn't saying anything. IMO it made her look stupid, though honestly this whole storyline is stupid.

The situation with the mayor is not the least bit interesting. As a result, I'm just not buying Pride's uncontrollably anger over the situation. His relationship with the Mayor worked best when they were frenemies not the fierce enemies we're seeing now. 

This show has never been GOT, and it didn't need to be, but it's like the writers aren't even trying to tell a coherent story anymore. I wonder if GG untimely death is what's caused the issues this season?

Also, am I the only who thinks the Attorney General is a horrible actress? When she's in a scene I don't see a character. I see someone who seems to be reading their lines off a sheet of paper. Horrible acting. 

• Love 5

I think they are trying to find a way to keep the actor who plays the Mayor ( cant remember name) still in the show next season

there has to be other Navy issues in New Orleans other than the same old same old

last - I still feel they are trying to make percy and lasalle a couple  :0(

• Love 1

After too many years of watching Bellisario - Created TV shows........I'm thinking the mayor's drastic personality change is the result of a terrorist organization, planning to attack & destroy the city of New Orleans, so they took Mayor Hamilton out, replaced him with a highly trained double, put their own people into key positions at city hall, the police department, the FBI or Homeland Security. I think the has come for Pride to call in Gibbs & company to help them get to the bottom of this mystery. 

• Love 2

there has to be other Navy issues in New Orleans other than the same old same old

I keep waiting for a call from Vance or SECNAV demanding that Pride explain why so many NCIS resources are being used to track down some local NOLA dirty politician...

• Love 3

When confronting the guy in the (fiberglass) warehouse, why didn't someone go around back??? Apparently there was a back, since that's where the suv came from to shoot up the place and let the other guy escape!

4 hours ago, illdoc said:

When confronting the guy in the (fiberglass) warehouse, why didn't someone go around back???

Because Rule #2 in the TV writers and producers Procedure Book is "ALWAYS" attempt to surround your subject(s) from one direction and with the smallest number of available agents--and NEVER ask for local police backup.

Rule # 1 is:  When attempting to apprehend a suspect on the street or in a crowd, ALWAYS yell "Police!" or "Federal Agent!" when you are at least 30 feet from the subject, so as to allow plenty of opportunity for the subject to start running--thus insuring an exciting foot chase through the crowded street.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

6 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

I keep waiting for a call from Vance or SECNAV demanding that Pride explain why so many NCIS resources are being used to track down some local NOLA dirty politician...

Seems to me this fight between Pride's NCIS and Hamilton's office has expanded outside the jurisdiction of NCIS. There are U.S. government agencies that handle corrupt local and state governments - the FBI, the Dept. of Justice, whatever. I agree that the NCIS brass would be wondering what Pride is doing at this point. The clergyman's murder did not involve Navy personnel.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, watcher1006 said:

Seems to me this fight between Pride's NCIS and Hamilton's office has expanded outside the jurisdiction of NCIS. There are U.S. government agencies that handle corrupt local and state governments - the FBI, the Dept. of Justice, whatever. I agree that the NCIS brass would be wondering what Pride is doing at this point. The clergyman's murder did not involve Navy personnel.

In addition to being the pastor of a local church he was a Navy chaplain who died at a miltary sponsored event. He was referred to as Chaplain not Pastor or Bishop the entire episode 

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Hamilton is the Big Bad, or if he himself is just some kind of puppet? It does appear that there is a lot of international involvement. 

I like Percy..I do...but she was right when she said it's was her fault that she ended up in jail.

Gregorio's "duck face"- yea, there is something about that that bothers me...but I just always assumed it was Botox.

I really enjoy the dynamic among most of the team. Patton's unwavering loyalty to Pride kind of mirrored what Sebastian said about Loretta earlier this season. 

CCH Pounder just owns every scene she is in. 

• Love 8
On 5/3/2017 at 8:50 PM, Skycatcher said:

I've finally figured out why Gregorio bugs.  It's her perpetual duck pout. She looks like she's constantly posing for a selfie.  I'm getting used to her, but it's been a slow process.  If this is the end of Percy, as suggested above, it can't come too soon.  I've never gotten used to her, and I find her "banter" with LaSalle to be so contrived it's uncomfortable to watch.  No chemistry there, and the writers just can't force that kind of thing.

I agree about Gregorio, her lips bother me so much, I find I don't pay attention to what she says, I'm just watch her lips, it's like they don't really move when she talks. I'm not sure if they are naturally that way or if it's lip filler gone bad.

• Love 1

I'm fine with Gregorio and Percy.  I just don't find LaSalle interesting as a character.  He's mostly a generic good-looking Southern boy whose name I keep forgetting.  Hamilton has been going after Pride's team, but I feel like LaSalle being neutralized would harm Pride the least in terms of his ability to take down the mayor.

• Love 1

Another thing I wonder is that, if "all bets are off", why Hamilton would just go after Pride's team. Yea, that hurts him pretty badly..but if Hamilton really wanted to go after Pride in a big way, he'd go after Laurel.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2017 at 2:04 PM, neuromom said:

Gregorio's "duck face"- yea, there is something about that that bothers me...but I just always assumed it was Botox.

I remember when the actress was on CSI: NY and forum posters kept mentioning her bad nose job.  After reading that I haven't been able to unsee that undersized nose.

• Love 1

What did I just watch?

Pride was completely out of control. Grabbing Loretta, over the top anger, paranoia and thus ill thought out actions (i.e. kidnapping Hamilton's henchman). If I didn't know any better I would've thought he was on something. 

I know they were trying to convey that this was personal for him, but I just wasn't buying it. I still don't understand why he was so angry that he couldn't control himself? I was not feeling the fury. It all just seemed more plot than a true character response.

So Hamilton was doing all this killing for a shipyard? Was it determined whether the ship yard was going to include some type of criminal activity? Otherwise I'm not getting why the Mayor would go to those lengths for it. 

So the judge would so easily release Sonja over the team needing her to work a "case" after locking her up over nonsense in the first place? Why couldn't they just say this in the first place to keep her from going to jail? That would've saved us the waste that was her scenes in jail. 

I'll likely watch the finale next week, but after that I don't think I'll be watching in the Fall. These last few episodes took this show completely off the rails with absolutely nothing making sense.

Overall, this season has been pretty terrible.

• Love 9

Yikes, what a god forsaken mess this was - and an hour of my life I will never get back - geesch.

I liked the first two seasons and watched regularly, but fell off when the supporting cast started going, then coming back...hard to keep track.  Overall tho', I have liked the actors and thought they had a bit of fun with some of the more absurd plots so I would check in every now and then or in reruns.

But this episode?  I just sat there with my jaw at my knees - what a gob smacking, jaw dropping poorly written piece of dreck.  Pride was so out of control it was almost painful to watch and it led to his actions only putting him in worse light.

Nothing about the plot made sense and I agree totally with the above two commenters. 

What about "killing" the lead actor makes sense since we all know he did not die - could have cut everything by 15 minutes.

And we get to look forward to another entire hour of foolishness.

Is the show going off the air?

Are some of the actors leaving the show?

Are the writers underpaid and really pissed at the show runners?

Who knows, but this piece of foolishness should never have been allowed on TV at all, much less in a two part epi.

• Love 6

I hooted at the mayor's pushing the proximity of NOLA to the Gulf via the Mississippi... a short 90 + or - miles, and most of that against a strong current going up river. 

Here's an online book for anyone trying to figure out where this massive building was going to be plopped.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/BookletChart/11364_BookletChart.pdf

FWIW Mr Go, that straight line east of the river, has been closed off /is in the process of being closed because it let so much salt water in that it changed the flora and really made hurricane flooding so much worse.

So ....where is the neighborhood? 
Why?   not even easy for bringing drugs in, because all river traffic from the mouth up river requires /demands pilots be taken on board.  Well paid pilots who KNOW the river. 

Another gripe:  there's not enough G&C (graft and corruption) for a restaurant to put tables in the middle of a city street, for anything other than a TV or movie shoot.

Too tired to list all the rest of the silliness.  Now.

• Love 4

Pride is just NUTS!!!!!  In any real world situation, he could have/should have taken his evidence to other agencies (FBI, ATF, DEA).  And even if the other agencies did not support him, Vance could have sent in additional agents to help.  But Pride doesn't like to share with other agencies, and he doesn't want too many NCIS agents running around either.  He likes to keep his little team "lean and mean".  

This show is no longer about NCIS.  It has just morphed into THE PRIDE SHOW.  Pride defies the idiots at HQ--ALL of his scooby gang follows him.  I may be wrong, but don't federal agents take an oath to defend the constitution, etc.?  LaSalle and Sonya and the others seem to have sworn some loyalty oath to Pride first and country second...  Pride gets so wrapped up in acting as savior for "my city" he forgets that his first duty is to the Navy and the country.

I'm so done with him!  My perfect season ending finale would be with dead Pride or Pride fired from NCIS for his gross insubordination and kidnapping, etc.  Maybe tossed in jail or confined to a mental health facility.  LaSalle, Sonya, Sebastian and the others could pick up the NCIS slack just fine, and with a lot less foolishness about bar-owning and gumbo-making and special rules and speeches about "my city".

BTW...where was Vance?   Yeah, yeah, some guy claiming to be Assistant Director Sanchez said that the Director was getting cussed out by SECDEF, but who the hell is Sanchez?   All these years watching the mothership and the famous Orange Room was just down the hall from the Director's office.  Gibbs and his team NEVER had to deal with any other "Assistant Director" and there was NEVER any reference to any "Sanchez".  Now all of a sudden...

• Love 6

So when they got rid of Merry, they (producers) were trying to spin it like her character was so compromised because of the baddie she got involved with that she wouldn't have been able to continue to work in that capacity, so there was nothing more they could do with the character ...

And yet Pride takes out a restaurant, fakes his death, kidnaps people, threatens people, conducts unauthorized investigations ... and we're expected to believe he'll still be the main character of this show? The man should be in jail and/or a hospital.

And it doesn't escape me that it's a male character who'll get away with this shit.

I've never liked Steven Weber's mayor character, and I wish it had ended ages ago, but this is just a stupid storyline.

This whole season has been such a huge disappointment, and it all stems from the writing of the characters.

• Love 7

Agree with all the posts about the absurdity of this plot. 

The congresswoman gets poisoned from a drink offered by the mayor who was upset that she wasn't voting for the shipyard. That's not at all suspicious evidently. Stone, the mayor's head of security, gunned down a civilian in broad daylight and nobody else is looking for this guy?! 

• Love 7

110336_0063b+%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%

Unable to trust anyone in New Orleans, the NCIS team calls in FBI Assistant Director Isler to help expose and stop the sinister scheme Mayor Hamilton has planned for the residents of Clearwater

Promos

(edited)
11 hours ago, Enero said:

So Hamilton was doing all this killing for a shipyard? Was it determined whether the ship yard was going to include some type of criminal activity? Otherwise I'm not getting why the Mayor would go to those lengths for it. 

I imagine his shell corporation stands to make several hundred millions of dollars selling the land to the Navy.

7 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Stone, the mayor's head of security, gunned down a civilian in broad daylight and nobody else is looking for this guy?!

And Pride doesn't immediately identify him to the NOPD?

I am so tired of the most hackneyed trope in the history of crime fiction, a character who sits on the evidence and refuses to clue in his superiors or anyone else "until I have proof!"

Edited by Bobbin
  • Love 3

I was telling myself to just hand wave a lot of the absurdities, that it would all make sense eventually.  That was until the congresswoman had the confrontational conversation with the mayor, stating that she did not trust him...then knocked back the drink he provided for her.  My hand just refused to wave after that ridiculous scene.

I've enjoyed the show, and was willing to overlook some questionable writing...until the last two weeks.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

That was until the congresswoman had the confrontational conversation with the mayor, stating that she did not trust him...then knocked back the drink he provided for her.

Not to mention, she had already been warned that Hamilton was going to try to kill her.  Some people deserve their fate.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Trey said:

Not to mention, she had already been warned that Hamilton was going to try to kill her.  Some people deserve their fate.

She was portrayed as a sharp, smart woman who knew the ins and outs of NOLA politics, etc....yet accepted that drink!  Nooooo.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

My perfect season ending finale would be with dead Pride or Pride fired from NCIS for his gross insubordination and kidnapping, etc. 

Mr. GreenWave would agree with you!  During the scene when all of Pride's team was walking in and out of an active freaking crime scene and crying over the fried corpse, he turned to me and said, "oh, I hope he is really dead.  That would be a merciful ending to this terrible season."

9 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Stone, the mayor's head of security, gunned down a civilian in broad daylight and nobody else is looking for this guy?! 

And, you can't tell me that no one had a cell phone out to record or take pictures of a flipping shoot out in the middle of the French Quarter!!

• Love 6

As soon as they started investigating Hamilton I stopped watching.  This show used to be must see TV for me but I am so tired of Pride going after the Mayor that it was painful to watch.

I watched the first 10 minutes and then I was out last night.  I went right to sleep.

I've had it.  Let me know the ending of Hamilton and maybe I'll come back

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

As soon as they started investigating Hamilton I stopped watching.  This show used to be must see TV for me but I am so tired of Pride going after the Mayor that it was painful to watch.

I watched the first 10 minutes and then I was out last night.  I went right to sleep.

I've had it.  Let me know the ending of Hamilton and maybe I'll come back

100%.  While corruption in NOLA is legendary, and with the right storyline, could have been interesting, this BS with Hamilton is just too much.  Believe me, you didn't miss anything other than Pride losing his sh*t, Stone being a sociopath, and a whole lotta cliché.

• Love 5

I admit I have not watched every episode. I watched more in the first couple of seasons, but it's become a chore in the last couple of seasons . And the reason why, for me, is that Pride has out-Gibbed Gibbs.

I have always liked Mark Harmon. But I like the smiling MH. I have also always liked Scott Bakula. But I like the smiling SB. Well, we all know the angst TPTB threw onto Gibbs. They stole MH's smile for several seasons! I was disturbed when I saw early signs of the "Gibbs-ing" of Pride back as early as season 1. But, luckily, it was not consistent.

But now...I honestly did not recognize SB last night. It's sad. Yeah, I guess actors get bored playing the same character. But what about the audience?

• Love 2

These people are too stupid to live. To bad Pride didn't have access to a camera (or even a $tore smart phone) to set up the half-dozen or so times the Mayor blurted out his guilt...or murder attempt. I'm hoping the congress woman strolls into the mayor's office as they watch the dozen or so tapes, and it turns out Pride really isn't a moron and the show isn't being written by MWTs (Monkeys with Typewriters)

Brody being in charge of a long term sting Op would just be gravy!!

The curse of writing. You keep seeing a half-dozen ways this could be SO much cooler.

• Love 3
(edited)

Agree with all the posts here. All I have to add is...Stome FINALLY decides to go after something "important" to Pride...and it's the bar. Not Laurel. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad Laurel is safe, but I can't believe Stone or Hamilton haven't used her against Pride.

Well..I guess Stone did hint that it would be a shame to lose the bar to "faulty wiring " or something. Problem is, they set off an actual BOMB , which would be easily uncovered by forensics, which would make it OBVIOUSLY not an accident. 

So much stupid in this show. Jaw dropping moments...like when Pride ran his SUV into the crowd and was escorted away by PD. His career is over! (Or should be) 

Do they have actual writers, or do they get high schoolers to submit script ideas?

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 6
On 5/9/2017 at 10:55 PM, UncleChuck said:

Pride is just NUTS!!!!!  In any real world situation, he could have/should have taken his evidence to other agencies (FBI, ATF, DEA).  And even if the other agencies did not support him, Vance could have sent in additional agents to help.  But Pride doesn't like to share with other agencies, and he doesn't want too many NCIS agents running around either.  He likes to keep his little team "lean and mean".  

Well all the available Feds seem to be on the congresswoman's security detail.

• Love 1

That was  so ludicrously overly dramatic!  I LOL'd like crazy. 

So... An impassioned plea gets Percy out of jail.  "Judge, she is totes sorry!  Can she come back to work now?"  I mean, I love Percy and was bummed that she was MIA on so many shows... but this is just so .... bad.

I want to know what poison that was that killed the Faux!Maxine Waters.  Because one sip and she was dead immediately.  No fever? stomach ache? coughing up blood?  Also why did they make Faux!Maxine Waters so dumb?  I mean Hamilton was all but twirling a mustache at her.  Come on!

And don't get me started on the Pride mess....

WTH happened to this show? I mean it was never going to be high art, but still. 

• Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

That was  so ludicrously overly dramatic!  I LOL'd like crazy. 

So... An impassioned plea gets Percy out of jail.  "Judge, she is totes sorry!  Can she come back to work now?"  I mean, I love Percy and was bummed that she was MIA on so many shows... but this is just so .... bad.

I want to know what poison that was that killed the Faux!Maxine Waters.  Because one sip and she was dead immediately.  No fever? stomach ache? coughing up blood?  Also why did they make Faux!Maxine Waters so dumb?  I mean Hamilton was all but twirling a mustache at her.  Come on!

And don't get me started on the Pride mess....

WTH happened to this show? I mean it was never going to be high art, but still. 

I didn't get any Maxine Waters from her to keep out of politics I will leave it there. They did miss the chance of reprise Bobbie Latham from JAG. But then besides the Admiral now on Los Angeles and I think one cameo by now Captain bud Roberts they don't honor the franchise as most obviously seen by making Petty Officer Coates into Agent Brody.

The assassination of a member of congress under the nose of her Capital Police escort while now the FBI has to jump into this case. How will five rogue NCIS Agents crack the case, same bat time same bat channel?

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1