Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

So ... if I understand this story correctly ... Bethenny supposedly hired a private investigator to tail Tom ... and it is being implied that Bethenny got this bunny to set Tom up so the private investigator could get incriminating pictures ..... so that Beth could use those pictures to destroy Luann's happiness ??? 

I have to be honest.  I really just don't care anymore, lol ... they could play footage of Bethenny with all these people in a staff meeting, giving instructions and writing checks and plotting and scheming and I would change the channel.  I just don't care.  Maybe it's all fake and done by Lu for the sake of her apple, maybe it's a big scheme by Bethenny, maybe Tom just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  

I just don't care anymore. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

LOL, EVERYONE has seen her naked, so seeing her with her clothes on, or kissing Tom isn't really all that? ; )

26 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I think Luann has to fight fire with fire.

She should have a PI follow Adam around and get a photo of him pleasuring himself with a rutabaga in the produce aisle of Whole Foods.

That will show them!

Is he happy to see Scareole or is that a baby carrot in his pocket?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I think it is clear that he is never really happy to see Carole. At most he is indifferent. At best he is sceived out and has to go back to making a salad.

Or cauliflower fried steaks made from tofu?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

... Is he happy to see Scareole or is that a baby carrot in his pocket?

I dunno in English, but "Scarole" (without the "e" in between) is the name of a type of salad (the "vedgetable", not the "finished plate") in French ^_^

42 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So ... if I understand this story correctly ... Bethenny supposedly hired a private investigator to tail Tom ... and it is being implied that Bethenny got this bunny to set Tom up so the private investigator could get incriminating pictures ..... so that Beth could use those pictures to destroy Luann's happiness ??? 

I have to be honest.  I really just don't care anymore, lol ... they could play footage of Bethenny with all these people in a staff meeting, giving instructions and writing checks and plotting and scheming and I would change the channel.  I just don't care.  Maybe it's all fake and done by Lu for the sake of her apple, maybe it's a big scheme by Bethenny, maybe Tom just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  

I kind of agree with you. I don't think Bethenny hired a PI to follow Tom and I don't think she set him up by siccing the Bunny on him. LOL That said, I do believe she let people know (through her employees) that she wanted dirt on the other cast members, not just Luann/Tom. Bethenny doesn't leave anything to chance, she makes sure she has all the intel out there, ready for her use when she needs it.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This same blog writer claimed Bethenny hired a Tom impersonator, set up a false scenario, and also took the pictures of bald Tom impersonator.  She's a little nutty.  Lu herself has never denied the pictures were of Tom. 

It's also amusing that she says she was "astounded" by OK printing the bunny's name, as TT prints the bunny's name.   

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

This same blog writer claimed Bethenny hired a Tom impersonator, set up a false scenario, and also took the pictures of bald Tom impersonator.  She's a little nutty.  Lu herself has never denied the pictures were of Tom. 

It's also amusing that she says she was "astounded" by OK printing the bunny's name, as TT prints the bunny's name.   

Yes, TT, can come up with some wild theories and change them as needed. But, she at least keeps the details, like names, coming! LOL

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

On the Finale - Luanne said she's from Los Angeles? Repeating whatever Tom was saying. Which I found strange that Tom said that and then said I can't remember.

In a recent interview, I posted it over on Off Episodes thread - Luanne in an in person interview said the mystery girl was an "old girlfriend" of Tom's. Not ex girlfriend.

I don't think Bethenny hired a PI. I think the person who took the pictures got in touch with Bravo, then production decided which housewife they were going to give it to.

I also laugh at Dorinda's flip flopping...she says she knows Tom and introduced them, and then she says she doesn't really know him. I still giggle when I hear her say John was a playa too - playa of what? body sandwiches?

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

This same blog writer claimed Bethenny hired a Tom impersonator, set up a false scenario, and also took the pictures of bald Tom impersonator.  She's a little nutty. 

An impersonator? A bald-headed Tom impersonator?  Really.  That's ridiculous. 

Clearly the person in the picture is actually Bethenny herself in one of those rubber bald head caps wearing a man's suit.  She used a timer to take a picture of herself kissing a mannequin then photoshopped its face to look like this old bunny.  Then she bought a burner phone to use to text the pictures to herself so they couldn't be traced.  Duh!!!

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Clearly the person in the picture is actually Bethenny herself in one of those rubber bald head caps wearing a man's suit.  She used a timer to take a picture of herself kissing a mannequin then photoshopped its face to look like this old bunny.  Then she bought a burner phone to use to text the pictures to herself so they couldn't be traced.  Duh!!!

cone.jpg

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's the only possible explanation. 

• Love 9

What I don't understand and correct me if I'm wrong (unfortunately, the way the site is set up you can't copy and paste) the story first says the woman said that Tom never mentioned Luann and then in the next paragraph it says the woman says that Lu and Tom got into a fight and Tom said they were done. 

Huh?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The infamous phone call to the unnamed daughter, reminds me of Cliff Clavin and his Final Jeopardy answer to the question, Who are Archibald leach, Lucille Le Sueur, Bernard Schwartz: 

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen.

The way Bethenny phrased the question, I don't think Luann literally meant Bethenny was screwing Dennis in the family home, she had said, "while he was living in the family home." 

With Bethenny having her own place why would they go to the family home for a tryst?

The other thing about the daughter-Bethenny had just said she had only said "hi" to the wife three times in the past two decades.  The daughter signed off with Bethenny was a family friend.  What exactly is her definition of a family friend-and had Bethenny even met the children prior to the phone call to the wife?

My guess is the wife, as a way of saving face decided to devise a party line, Bethenny was an old family friend.  I am still curious if Bethenny called the women after her feelings for Dennis changed.

Bottom line, why not call Dennis? 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cheers!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What I don't understand and correct me if I'm wrong (unfortunately, the way the site is set up you can't copy and paste) the story first says the woman said that Tom never mentioned Luann and then in the next paragraph it says the woman says that Lu and Tom got into a fight and Tom said they were done. 

Huh?

Tamara Tattles is not always literate or coherent.  It is better to wait and read the story.

• Love 3
On 9/5/2016 at 9:09 AM, mwell345 said:

According to Andy's most recent book, Bethenny pitched the idea of her own reality show to him over lunch.  She even had the name picked out: Bethenny Starting Over.

He declined and offered her NY instead.  

We already had Bethenny Starting Over, it was just renamed RHONYC Season 7.  This season had B's as its overall narrator but her grip seemed only slightly less tight due to Lu and her engagement, which made this season and pushed B over the edge of sanity and out of fan favor! 

On 9/4/2016 at 9:26 PM, WireWrap said:

If you were to buy into Bethenny's BS, she is already giving Bravo/production help in picking new HWs for the show. According to Bethenny, she gave Bravo Aviva, she was the one to get Jules hired, not Dorinda and she made a recommendation for a newbie for next season that she believes/hopes Bravo will hire. Soooo, I do think Bethenny is trying to turn the NY HW show into the "Bethenny Ever After" show she so wants/needs/covets.

So far B is 0 for 0. I like Jules but I gotta agree with Jill Zarin (PLEASE send help!) , Jules wasn't a good fit.  Also, I have to go farther and say that Jill is 1000x mega times better at casting than B ever has been. This is likely because of the motives behind casting. I can imagine that Jill was thinking of how to make a better show, while B is thinking in terms of who won't overshadow or threaten her or make her look bad by comparison. 

• Love 13
On 9/4/2016 at 9:00 PM, Kareem said:

Just a quick note to say thoughts and prayers are with your husband and you as well.  

Aw, thanks so much!  It's a rollercoaster for sure but then you get used to your new normal.  He's still relatively healthy despite being in Stage IV. I guess what I mean by that is that he still has a lot of quality of life and they are looking at this like a managed disease.  C

• Love 11
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Huh?

I was at Duane Reade today and read the article quickly. It was Star Magazine. The article itself was confusing...not sure what was cut and pasted from other interviews and not sure what was being said by Deborah Driggs directly and what was being concluded by writer.

It seems this Deborah lives in California and came to NY for a visit? Says she has known Tom since 2009 and they dated for a year...what year I don't know. They kissed, she felt he was putting the moves on her. Did not know about Luanne. Did not go any further than kissing at The Regency.

I think she's holding out for an interview with Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight or maybe Wendy Williams?

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was at Duane Reade today and read the article quickly. It was Star Magazine. The article itself was confusing...not sure what was cut and pasted from other interviews and not sure what was being said by Deborah Driggs directly and what was being concluded by writer.

It seems this Deborah lives in California and came to NY for a visit? Says she has known Tom since 2009 and they dated for a year...what year I don't know. They kissed, she felt he was putting the moves on her. Did not know about Luanne. Did not go any further than kissing at The Regency.

I think she's holding out for an interview with Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight or maybe Wendy Williams?

YOU BETTER NOT BE THAT PERSON, the one who picks up a magazine, reads it and then drops it in the wrong slot or on the gum selections? ; )

• Love 5
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

So far B is 0 for 0. I like Jules but I gotta agree with Jill Zarin (PLEASE send help!) , Jules wasn't a good fit.  Also, I have to go farther and say that Jill is 1000x mega times better at casting than B ever has been. This is likely because of the motives behind casting. I can imagine that Jill was thinking of how to make a better show, while B is thinking in terms of who won't overshadow or threaten her or make her look bad by comparison. 

B picks people she can fuck over - she's NOT going to look for anyone her equal because, she HAS NO equal and has no close friends to offer up?

Jill probably wanted her friends in on the deal and the show would have taken the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" vibe, instead?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I think Luann has to fight fire with fire.

She should have a PI follow Adam around and get a photo of him pleasuring himself with a rutabaga in the produce aisle of Whole Foods.

That will show them!

Carole will just say that was taken Before Carole.  

• Love 2
On 9/3/2016 at 11:01 AM, ezzy4 said:

I admit I found Beth interesting/funny the first few years...it was when I saw one of her therapy sessions when it first occurred to me that there was something seriously off about her personality.  I orginally thought she was playing to the cameras...now I think there are some serious issues.  She's unstable.  The stress of being on these shows CANNOT be good for her mental health.

Her dislike of Lu could be based on absolutely anything or more likely nothing in particular.  Certainly it isn't based on Lu's sleeping around.  I think we all know Beth doesn't have those sorts of puritan values.  She's just chose something to pin on Lu.  And now it's coming back to bite her.  

All this back and forth conversation about slut shaming vs when the Beth/Dennis relation ship started is all for nothing (imho).  Non of the dynamics we are witnessing have anything to do with that.  Beth hates Lu...to the detriment of the show.  Now every comment Beth makes about Lu just bores me...cause its always the same..."blah, blah, blah I hate Lu".  Broken record.  No insights.  No real opinions based on current situations.  Nothing to further any interest in the show.

And Carole too.  Just chomping at the bit to bite Lu.  Boring.  

These women should learn we viewers like to see interactions involving current topic/actions...not the constant rehashing of old ventattas (sp?) (That goes for you RHNJ too!!)  Damn it...do your jobs!!  Lol.

Now Lu's weird giddiness about finding a man "who wants to marry her!"  (He really, really wants to marry HER!! ) is fascinating!  That can't actually be real, right?  Grown women don't actually act like this, right?  I just can't stop watching this!!!  Good stuff.

Exactly to the bolded. I mean she even mentioned it's 8 years of....... It's infuriating that she really thinks that not liking something and allowing the bitterness to fester for 8 years is a perfectly valid reason for her nasty behavior. No Beth, just because you've allowed petty nonsense build into this huge chip on your should due to your own lack of maturity doesn't all of a sudden bring YOUR imagined grievances to life or make your real grievances into something offensive enough to justify the outrageous outburst and attacks waged on Lu. It's just so incomprehensible how people actually think that someone annoying them is something relevant to go absolutely beserk. GET A FUCKING GRIP already. GEEZ!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

YOU BETTER NOT BE THAT PERSON, the one who picks up a magazine, reads it and then drops it in the wrong slot or on the gum selections? ; )

shameful.gif

I don't buy Tabloids and I don't generally read them.

At Duane Reade, the line to pay winds around like an amusement park queue with the magazines on all sides. While standing there, the one cover that had a RH was Star Magazine with a pic of Lu/Tom in the lower right hand corner. I was standing on line when I saw it, took it off to speed read, and I MADE IT NICE, and put it right back.

Regency Bunny did not mention anything about Tom being drunk as a skunk

• Love 4
On 9/3/2016 at 5:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

That is not true-if Alex remarried before her, Luann could still go by Countess. What Luann is saying is she has been referred to as Countess, and if people continue to call her Countess it is okay.  It is her brand.   It is not as if she could use Countess de Lesseps-D'Agnostino.  She plans on using Tom's last name after she marries. It was exceptionally hypocritical coming from Radziwill whose, MIL, milked that last name through subsequent marriage and never turned down being called Princess, a title that was just a social courtesy and not recognized as a royal in Great Britain.

Maybe Carole  didn't hang out with people with titles, or huge chandeliers,  there don't seem to be a lot of people with titles at ABC News.  I think Carole is fairly well-mannered and if in a situation with Eurotrash with titles, as you call them, she would be respectful.  Carole did bring up to Andy the first time she met him, after talking about some land she had title to that she was technically a princess-so she knows when to turn it off and on.  She did the same with Ramona and has a Princess pillow on her couch.  Carole has not been shy, wrote a book about her closeness with John Kennedy and his wife, dropped the names of Clooney and Fiennes as suitors, so she is not without her braggadocio.  To me, if they lived it they should be able to talk about it. 

Luann will always be the mother to the future Count de Lesseps, so I think she does need to show the tradition some respect. (Luann does get upset when people refer to Noel as a Countlet.)

THIS ALL DAY!

• Love 2
On 9/3/2016 at 10:33 PM, Bebecat said:

My little sister died in her mid-thirties from an eating disorder so this whole issue on the show sickens me, in a way. I feel like at least half of them have ED's to some extent. Carole certainly has a weird relationship with food and Bethenny looks like a half-starved urchin with weird, oddly spaced fake breasts. They look like they were just slapped on like the bar I put in my shower, with little suction cups. And don't get me started on Ramona. I am her age and also ended a 20+ yr marriage last year so she freaks me out. I feel embarrassed by her antics, clothing, hair, etc...she comes off as super desperate. She should have been on "Desperate Housewives" instead...not a good look for a fifty-something woman. I feel sorry for her daughter.

Do I even dare ask what he said...

The thing I get most annoyed with is that Jules has been slammed but in all actuality SHE is what someone struggling with an ED looks like. I mean you can see it in her demeanor, on her face. To me she looks like someone going thru it and not trying to deny it. Just because she's been captured doing things that are familiar with those going thru ED doesn't mean she's pretending it doesn't exist. At worst we saw her trying to reassure others that it's under control or that she's aware and going through her many rehearsed (I'm sure) rituals to try and counter any possible set backs. To men it was a real display of the awkwardness the struggle the sadness the effort the good days the bad days and all these other two could do was pick it apart like she's so wacked terrible example. Meanwhile Beth and Carole with their very intentionally forced "oblivion to food" ya know if you're not even thinking about it or worrying about it or coordinating your behavior around food then POOF you have definitely demonstrated that you don't have an ED. To me THEY are the one's that are hard to watch and look at. The one's that completely distance themselves from it. Not acknowledging, being extra senstive about Jules going on an on about it giving their takes and opinions etc. etc. THEY make a terrible viewing duo since they are so terrified of being in the same room. It only reeks of avoidance and deny and unhealthy all around. 

• Love 11
On 9/4/2016 at 11:46 AM, shoegal said:

I think the difference is that Carole has treated her "title" as the novelty it is, while LuAnn has made her "title" her entire persona and brand. There is even a discussion that LuAnn would have to "give up her title" by marrying Tom!  Someone is going to have to pry that title from LuAnn's cold, dead hands.

But why can't people do what they want with their title? Why do others have the right to determine how Lu presents or treats that fun detail of her life. Carole used it as a novelty..... sometimes in a beneficial way. Lu uses it as a brand and a part of who she is partly in a beneficial way and partly in a fun social way. So what?  Neither seems all that sinister to begin with? It's absolutely ridiculous how Lu's Countess spiel is such a focus of unwavering criticism. Don't people know how to just roll their eyes and shrug anymore? There has to be some onslaught of disdain because there is a chick out there "overusing" her pompous title? Says who? and why?

-no starving as a result

-no disease

-no brutality

Like I'm so curious why oh why Lu and her title hit such a raw nerve and actually I can understand raw nerves but I guess I don't understand how people like Carole and Beth think its an official gripe to try and vehemently justify. No matter what it always sounds like some schoolyard childishness.

Beth: "Well, Lu as Countess makes me so mad <hurrummphh, foot stomp arms crossed>

Carole: " I know right who does she think she is riiiiggght?? <bubble gum chewing, eyerolling and hair twirling>

Beth: "We'll get her I promise! <glaring eyes, frown>

Carole: "Yeah, whatever you say, for sure! <smirk, nodding head>

I mean the whole grudge is such a stupid illusion. She's obnoxious, Get over it! Done. Good Grief.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But why can't people do what they want with their title? Why do others have the right to determine how Lu presents or treats that fun detail of her life. Carole used it as a novelty..... sometimes in a beneficial way. Lu uses it as a brand and a part of who she is partly in a beneficial way and partly in a fun social way. So what?  Neither seems all that sinister to begin with? It's absolutely ridiculous how Lu's Countess spiel is such a focus of unwavering criticism. Don't people know how to just roll their eyes and shrug anymore? There has to be some onslaught of disdain because there is a chick out there "overusing" her pompous title? Says who? and why?

-no starving as a result

-no disease

-no brutality

Like I'm so curious why oh why Lu and her title hit such a raw nerve and actually I can understand raw nerves but I guess I don't understand how people like Carole and Beth think its an official gripe to try and vehemently justify. No matter what it always sounds like some schoolyard childishness.

Beth: "Well, Lu as Countess makes me so mad <hurrummphh, foot stomp arms crossed>

Carole: " I know right who does she think she is riiiiggght?? <bubble gum chewing, eyerolling and hair twirling>

Beth: "We'll get her I promise! <glaring eyes, frown>

Carole: "Yeah, whatever you say, for sure! <smirk, nodding head>

I mean the whole grudge is such a stupid illusion. She's obnoxious, Get over it! Done. Good Grief.

LuAnn can do whatever she wants with her pretentious and irrelevant "title" and I (and the other HW's) can find her ridiculous, obnoxious and an asshole for the way she uses it. Why is Lu's title off limits? I mean, if Carole can get shit for having an overbite and daring to chew, and Ramona can get shit for her crazy eyes and Sonja can get shit for her Nigerian football team and Dorinda can get shit for being a sloppy drunk and Bethenny can get shit for being a horrible, hateful, vile, evil, disgusting person whose daughter is going to hate her and who will die alone a miserable lonely old hag.....why can't LuAnn get shit for being a pretentious asshole fake Countess?

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, shoegal said:

LuAnn can do whatever she wants with her pretentious and irrelevant "title" and I (and the other HW's) can find her ridiculous, obnoxious and an asshole for the way she uses it. Why is Lu's title off limits? I mean, if Carole can get shit for having an overbite and daring to chew, and Ramona can get shit for her crazy eyes and Sonja can get shit for her Nigerian football team and Dorinda can get shit for being a sloppy drunk and Bethenny can get shit for being a horrible, hateful, vile, evil, disgusting person whose daughter is going to hate her and who will die alone a miserable lonely old hag.....why can't LuAnn get shit for being a pretentious asshole fake Countess?

The way you presented it makes it sound like that is all they have about Luann to dislike.  The Countess' title is real, obviously being a pretentious asshole is a subjective view. 

Here is my feelings on titles, since we don't have them here in the US, doesn't mean people should demean others for acknowledging them and using them.  There are places like say Great Britain, where titles mean something and are regularly used.  To me it is like Europeans who look down their noses at American's usages of the knife and fork.  It is a pretty accepted way of getting one's food in their mouth in North America.  If an American decided to eat European style it doesn't mean they are putting on airs.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, shoegal said:

I think it's ridiculous that Beth and Carole are reduced to steam out of ears mad about another person living their life. I could understand a specific conflict. Carole's mad with Lu, Adam blah blah blah. I thought it was also ridiculous but at least there was a subject for fucks sake. Them being hoping mad to the point of cruelty, nastiness and CONTINUOUSLY targeting Lu? Without being able to site anything beyond "Ya, well, um ya know, well, it's just, well she bugs..". That's just straight up stupid and boring. Beth's mad at Lu cause......??? What exactly? Just because another person lives their lives in a way that bugs? It's overkill and unecessary and down righ arrogant to think that you're own annoyance IN GENERAL is enough to warrant personal attacks on someone else. Disgusting!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The way you presented it makes it sound like that is all they have about Luann to dislike.  The Countess' title is real, obviously being a pretentious asshole is a subjective view. 

Here is my feelings on titles, since we don't have them here in the US, doesn't mean people should demean others for acknowledging them and using them.  There are places like say Great Britain, where titles mean something and are regularly used.  To me it is like Europeans who look down their noses at American's usages of the knife and fork.  It is a pretty accepted way of getting one's food in their mouth in North America.  If an American decided to eat European style it doesn't mean they are putting on airs.

Obviously Bethenny and Carole have other reasons to dislike LuAnn, this was just a response about the title. I didn't really have a problem with Lu using the title while she was married to the Count, but he divorced her ass years ago. LuAnn just looks stupid in my view to continue to push the Countess angle, even saying "once a countess, always a countess" No, Lu. You look stupid. Sit down, please. IMO. YMMV.

5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I think it's ridiculous that Beth and Carole are reduced to steam out of ears mad about another person living their life. I could understand a specific conflict. Carole's mad with Lu, Adam blah blah blah. I thought it was also ridiculous but at least there was a subject for fucks sake. Them being hoping mad to the point of cruelty, nastiness and CONTINUOUSLY targeting Lu? Without being able to site anything beyond "Ya, well, um ya know, well, it's just, we she bugs..". That's just straight up stupid and boring. Beth's mad at Lu cause......??? What exactly? Just because another person lives their lives in a way that bugs? It's overkill and unecessary and down righ arrogant to think that you're own annoyance IN GENERAL is enough to warrant personal attacks on someone else. Disgusting!

I think Bethenny and Carole have been able to point to very specific thing they don't like about Lu other than 'she bugs'.  Bethenny had specific problems with Lu taking credit for SG, saying she wants to 'take Bethenny down'....Carole and the pedophile comments, etc. Regarding what warrants "personal attacks" on someone, I think plenty of people use their own annoyance at someone else to launch personal attacks, I don't see any room here to throw stones. Lu is not a sacred cow. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I think it's ridiculous that Beth and Carole are reduced to steam out of ears mad about another person living their life. I could understand a specific conflict. Carole's mad with Lu, Adam blah blah blah. I thought it was also ridiculous but at least there was a subject for fucks sake. Them being hoping mad to the point of cruelty, nastiness and CONTINUOUSLY targeting Lu? Without being able to site anything beyond "Ya, well, um ya know, well, it's just, we she bugs..". That's just straight up stupid and boring. Beth's mad at Lu cause......??? What exactly? Just because another person lives their lives in a way that bugs? It's overkill and unecessary and down righ arrogant to think that you're own annoyance IN GENERAL is enough to warrant personal attacks on someone else. Disgusting!

Maybe it is as simple as Bethenny doesn't like the way Luann voices her disapproval of another's behavior and people don't like the way Bethenny and to a much lesser degree Carole, express their disapproval of others' behavior.  Luann saying to Bethenny, who had belittled the others' for the fashion show habit, she was attending more fashion shows this year caused a tirade by Bethenny.  Had Luann said, "Bethenny you are a liar and hypocrite, you have attended more then Pamella Rowland and Jill Stuart, I saw you at the Ungaro show, in fact we spoke."  The difference is in the delivery.  Bottom line, who cares how many fashion shows these women attend?   Bethenny wanted the world to think these women led idle, unfulfilled lives, attending fashion shows, while her life was trying to build a brand and find a husband and have a child.  In Luann's case since she had a shaky marriage, one that had not had he plug pulled on it, Bethenny just zoned in on that fact.  She also for some reason did not find Luann qualified because of her meager beginnings to write a book about her own life and things she had learned along the way about elegance and class-two very subjective terms.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

It's absolutely ridiculous how Lu's Countess spiel is such a focus of unwavering criticism. Don't people know how to just roll their eyes and shrug anymore? There has to be some onslaught of disdain because there is a chick out there "overusing" her pompous title? Says who? and why?

-no starving as a result

-no disease

-no brutality

Do we all get to pick a topic we are sick of hearing about and get to ban discussion of it unless it results in starvation, disease, or brutality?  Because if I can refuse people the right to talk about Luann''s ejaculatory propensities until someone starves, gets a disease, or gets brutalized as a result, I'm all for it. 

Other topics I'd like to see banned until starvation, disease, etc. result are: Bethenny destroying Bryn's life, Carole's skeletal body/horseface, Ramona's bad boob job and unflattering extensions, Sonja's nasty ass townhouse, that piece of rice on Dorinda's mouth, and Jules' ...   Jules'   .... uhm, I can't think of anything about Jules I am tired of hearing yet, so say anything you want about her. But I reserve the right to outlaw a topic that concerns Jules as soon as I decide I'm sick of hearing a particular line of discussion about her. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree. It is a real title in the European world.  And as I know you've stated before, it has become her brand.  No matter if she marries Tom or not, she will always be known in the housewives world as the 'Countess'.  That was her point with Carole.  And it's her brand just like Beth will always be Skinnygirl. 

Going off subject because it's Tuesday, so more importantly, the usage of knife and fork.  I am a European or continental eater.  I admit that in a little corner of my brain, I do look down on the American style.  It makes no sense to me.  I have no idea why I developed the style but I do notice it when it comes to other people.  I don't remember my mother giving me any training in this department.  My children are left handed which really gets interesting (and difficult for them at times for a number of reasons).   Sorry for the digression. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I agree. It is a real title in the European world.  And as I know you've stated before, it has become her brand.  No matter if she marries Tom or not, she will always be known in the housewives world as the 'Countess'.  That was her point with Carole.  And it's her brand just like Beth will always be Skinnygirl. 

Going off subject because it's Tuesday, so more importantly, the usage of knife and fork.  I am a European or continental eater.  I admit that in a little corner of my brain, I do look down on the American style.  It makes no sense to me.  I have no idea why I developed the style but I do notice it when it comes to other people.  I don't remember my mother giving me any training in this department.  My children are left handed which really gets interesting (and difficult for them at times for a number of reasons).   Sorry for the digression. 

I get this, but their point might be that she's not a Countess anymore and even when she was, being addressed as such was only of significance to her.   It was a rare occasion on which one of the other hws called her Countess and usually at her insistence.   By that logic Carole really should be able to comfortably be Princess Radziwill.   I don't think they're being dismissive of Lu's right to use and be proud of the title so much as how much of a screwball she sounds using it in an everyday context.   Lawyers are their name followed by *, Esq.*    Nobody in the history of attorneydom has ever introduced themselves or been introduced as John Q. Smith, Esquire, pleased to meet you.  When they could, as they've legitimately earned the title.   The self inflatedness of a doctor wearing scrubs on their day off or a cop pulling somebody over in their personal car.  That.  Like.  {{shrug}} sure you can, but it's an obnoxious dick move really.

But that ain't even what I wanted to bother you about lol, what is this American vs. European fork and knife?  I didn't know this was a thing.   Whenever I watch four weddings it bugs the shit out of me to see the brides at the reception hold their cutlery and I'd sound crazy trying to articulate why, but it's not "down" facing the food, they look like they're about to start fencing with their knife and fork.  It looks wrong.     I need more words about it please  ;)

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
to keep clowning Luann
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

By that logic Carole really should be able to comfortably be Princess Radziwill.   

The difference is that Carole was NEVER a princess, ever. The Radziwills gave up any and all claims to their titles decades ago.  That is why she knows she can never use the title because she never had to begin with. Luann was an actual Countess and no matter what she will forever be a "Countess" because it is her showbiz name/persona now. No one ever told Elvis he wasn't the King or John Wayne he wasn't the Duke, but if they were alive I'm sure Carole would let them know (along with Queen Latifa,  Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Countess Vaughan, Prince etc). 

• Love 4
On September 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM, breezy424 said:

Huh?

The article by TT talks about 2 separate meetings - the first one he did not mention LuAnn, the second one, he did.

15 hours ago, shoegal said:

Obviously Bethenny and Carole have other reasons to dislike LuAnn, this was just a response about the title. I didn't really have a problem with Lu using the title while she was married to the Count, but he divorced her ass years ago. LuAnn just looks stupid in my view to continue to push the Countess angle, even saying "once a countess, always a countess" No, Lu. You look stupid. Sit down, please. IMO. YMMV.

I think Bethenny and Carole have been able to point to very specific thing they don't like about Lu other than 'she bugs'.  Bethenny had specific problems with Lu taking credit for SG, saying she wants to 'take Bethenny down'....Carole and the pedophile comments, etc. Regarding what warrants "personal attacks" on someone, I think plenty of people use their own annoyance at someone else to launch personal attacks, I don't see any room here to throw stones. Lu is not a sacred cow. 

-Beth was the only one to believe that Lu was trying to take credit for Skinny Girl. She turned it into something for the rumor mill and therefore viola now it's fact that Lu was trying to take credit. Pulllleeezzzeee. Made up grievance #1

-Take Beth down, old news. Goes to show it's about she bugs NOW. Using 500 year old missteps is the point I'm referring to. That's just recycled bullshit.  Old News (therefore "made up" for this season) Grievance #2. Also, in what world is it okay for someone you had a conflict with to bubble over and have ridiculous outburst because the site of you invokes such dislike that they scrap their brain for dead and buried grievances as some sort of new reason to justify a random onslaught of pure evil where they start throwing everything from lies to exaggeration to shit that's none of their busines as insults cause well The Countess is in the room and has disturbed her delicate sensibilities just by claiming to have mentored Sonja? I mean that whole berserk insane unhinged attack wasn't provoked IN THE LEAST. But okay, that whole "I'd rather be introduced as Mrs. DeLesseps" from a million years is really a solid basis for the constant, constant, constant, ridiculousness the was spewed all over the season.

-Pedophile... hmmmmmmm not her fight. Bullshit Grievance #3. Sure hate her for it but as a bases for her own attack on Lu? Also, Zzzzzzzzzzzzz again old news and old grievances. So she doesn't like these things about Lu? I don't like certain things about people I know doesn't mean that when they enter the room and proceed to be their benign yet annoying self I start screaming WHORE, SLUTBAG, FUCKDOLL. Same with a coworker I personal don't get along with. Somehow going bat shit crazy doesn't seem to be the appropriate response to someone that irks. LOL. Where are the legitimate reasons for the onslaught THIS YEAR??????? Going over old news doesn't make it new again. Being triggered by old shit just doesn't cut it.

Personally, I think that when people believe it's their right to be nasty, mean and horrible to another person based on personality conflicts (some derived from past grievances) then to me that's bully behavior. When basically it just boils down to the fact that you aren't happy about the persons existence or their close proximity to you and you lash out because you resent having your space "compromised". That isn't any reason to be abusing people. They believe that they are being inconvenienced because they need to keep negative reactions (that are brought on by silly little nit picking triggers) in check so therefore they have some sort of right for the crazy nasty and vile behavior they've displayed. That's some disturbing logic right there and as I said above to me that is straight BULLY Behavior.. YUCK!!

Have a altercation based on something real not something recycled, imagined, DOESN'T AFFECT YOU or childish like "OhMaGawwwddd, Lu is suuuuccccchhh a conceited bitch and a whore"... Come the fuck on please. They really need to grow up. Have a reason beyond the 3rd grade level. Geeeezzzzz!

12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Do we all get to pick a topic we are sick of hearing about and get to ban discussion of it unless it results in starvation, disease, or brutality?  Because if I can refuse people the right to talk about Luann''s ejaculatory propensities until someone starves, gets a disease, or gets brutalized as a result, I'm all for it. 

Other topics I'd like to see banned until starvation, disease, etc. result are: Bethenny destroying Bryn's life, Carole's skeletal body/horseface, Ramona's bad boob job and unflattering extensions, Sonja's nasty ass townhouse, that piece of rice on Dorinda's mouth, and Jules' ...   Jules'   .... uhm, I can't think of anything about Jules I am tired of hearing yet, so say anything you want about her. But I reserve the right to outlaw a topic that concerns Jules as soon as I decide I'm sick of hearing a particular line of discussion about her. 

I was referring to the way the cast receives and reacts to Lu... Not understanding how grown women don't know how to shrug and eyeroll but instead try to destroy a women based on the number of times the bitch says Darling... Laughable what passes as legitimate offenses. One's that invoke such hatred and vitrol. I personally look down on them for it because well it's pretty sad actually and so very simple minded. At least to me anyway.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

So with that bit of bias will you now find someone to scream "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT KNIFE AND FORK YOU STUPID STUPID COW"? Just wondering since that seems to be the standard reactions to anyone exhibiting behaviors that get under one's skin... LOL!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lawyers are their name followed by *, Esq.*    Nobody in the history of attorneydom has ever introduced themselves or been introduced as John Q. Smith, Esquire, pleased to meet you.  When they could, as they've legitimately earned the title.   

Hah, I wish they would though! 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

The difference is that Carole was NEVER a princess, ever. The Radziwills gave up any and all claims to their titles decades ago.  That is why she knows she can never use the title because she never had to begin with. Luann was an actual Countess and no matter what she will forever be a "Countess" because it is her showbiz name/persona now. No one ever told Elvis he wasn't the King or John Wayne he wasn't the Duke, but if they were alive I'm sure Carole would let them know (along with Queen Latifa,  Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Countess Vaughan, Prince etc). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanisław_Albrecht_Radziwiłł

"As a member of the Radziwills, one of Central Europe's noble families, Anthony Radziwill was customarily accorded the title of Prince and styled His Serene Highness, although he never used it. He descended from King Frederick William I of Prussia, King George I of Great Britain, and King John III Sobieski of Poland. The family's vast hereditary fortune was lost during World War II, and Anthony's branch of the family immigrated to the United Kingdom, where they became British subjects."

I didn't see anything about relinquishing, but if wikipedia can ever be relied upon, it seems it was bestowed by courtesy.  Either way you're right about it, I'm sorry, he was not, in fact a crowned Prince.    I don't wanna muddle, I know Luann was an actual Countess, my point isn't that she wasn't.  It's that her insistence of use (if/when she insists) of a courtesy title is as pretentious as the examples I cited above.   But if we're gonna stick to the significance of titles, Carole's courtesy tiara beats Lu's courtesy sash all day. 

eta:  sorry, not to address the other celebs in your post.   Those were all nicknames (excluding Countess Vaughn, that's her actual name), no minimizing but that's apples and oranges.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 6
On 9/5/2016 at 4:39 PM, WireWrap said:

Interesting that she says they kissed when she arrived at the Regency and that he was "putting the moves on" her - probably flirting, as that seems to be how he rolls. She says nothing about an hour long make out session at the bar.  She is friends with Tom and saw him again in LA in May - this is when he told her he had a fight with LuAnn and that they were done. She says nothing sexual happened and they just talked.

She also as some connection to RHOBH (according to Tamara Tattles who claims she (Driggs) attended a birthday party that was filmed for the upcoming season. Apparently she also knows Caityn Jenner and has been on TMZ discussing her.

Clearly Tom is no prize, but that's LusAnn's business.   But so far, the only one claiming there was an hour long make out session is the Time Stamp Queen.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't recall Luann ever insisting anyone call her Countess.  I remember she asked to be introduced as Mrs. de Lesseps.  The first shot fired in the eight year war.  She did refer to Alex as The Count. I don't know if it was out of habit, or the producers did not want Alex de Lesseps and Alex McCord being confused.  My guess is the former.

I use the continental style of eating as an example of other countries customs and habits.  My brother eats continental style as he lived overseas for about 15 years.  The first time he "corrected" my dad. there was a colorful exchange.  I remember Luann and her table manners session with some young ladies-advising someone not to cut all their meat at one time as it is considered what one does for a child.  The same could be said for people who go out for Asian food and ask for a knife and fork.  It may not be disrespecting the Asian cultures just an inability to navigate the chopsticks. 

There is something that really bothers Bethenny about Luann adopting European customs, pronunciations, she brought it up Season 2 and said Luann's upbringing did not give her the proper background to write her book, and she did it again with the explanation of Luann's pronunciation of Radziwll, by making a fall flat joke about Luann being from Berlin, Connecticut.  It is as if Bethenny wants to erase the European living years from Luann. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

as if Bethenny wants to erase the European living years from Luann. 

This. And clearly Bethy wants to erase the porno films she made in LA in her twenties. Or the expensive boarding school she attended. And a great deal else. She's created a narrative for herself that is heavily edited, and by omission, dishonest.

• Love 10