Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

She's a lunatic.

'After being in the hospital for two weeks, being away from my kids, that was my rock bottom,' the she told the 54-year-old cardiothoracic surgeon.

'Because they weren't even fazed by me being in the hospital. They're used to it. And I don't want them to grow up thinking, "Mom's sick." I need to change. I need to prioritize me, and my problem is I put everyone before me.'

'I think it really does go back to childhood. Not feeling worthy enough that I should be allowed to be taken care of or I should have any worth to even eat, drink, you know, to get to me first. It's all about my kids, my husband, everyone.'

She doesn't put her children or husband first. Everything is about her and her suffering. I feel so bad for those poor children having this narcissist as their so called Mother.

• Love 9

Tori really needs to watch what she posts. Her latest on instagram/twitter is a picture of Stella dressed for her "night on the town". She's letting her wear an adult crop top (which she edited those words out on her instagram only) and wearing dark red lipstick.

Your dressed your child like you Tori. Too adult.

Back in 2002, I watched a Christmas movie, The Christmas Visitor, with Meridith Baxter and William Devane.  There was a young man in it and I had no idea who he was.  This morning I was channel surfing and came  across the movie. and was surprised to see that that character was played by Dean.  I actually enjoyed him in this movie; go figure! 

Tori is so exhausting!  I can't think of anyone on the planet who is more self-unaware than she is, except maybe Kim K.

• Love 2

I've been thinking about this a lot in the last few weeks - Did anyone but me notice that Dean and Mary Jo seemed to have a great relationship when she was at the house for Jacks birthday?? They talked like two adults - joking and teasing each other. Talking about old times and mutual friends. When Dean and Tori talk, he always seems to be apologizing for something, or having to explain himself. Why did he cut Liam's hair? Why didn't Liam go to school? Why didn't he go to an AA meeting? Why didn't he pick up the kids from school? It's got to be exhausting for both of them. Either Tori has to let up a bit and not keep treating Dean like a little puppet she can control, or this marriage won't last much longer.

Edited by LostControl
  • Love 7

I don't think Tori will ever leave him and give up her pity farm. She gets to be the suffering wife and doting mother in this pretend dynamic. Dean should lean into her crazy. He should take the kids to live with Candy and plant 100s of stories in the press about his fear of Tori's eating disorder. Her vanity might actually motivate her to get help. It would at least be a compelling plot if the writer can make the dialogue more natural.

• Love 2

Just read a piece about the McDermott-Spelling family lighting the Christmas lights in Las Vegas at the Venetian Hotel, then settling in for a vacation. Tori was reported to be happy.

Here's my analysis. Tori is happy when there is room service, and free swag, and five-star accommodations. I've read her books. In the latest there is a ridiculous tale of her moving the whole family (and nanny staff) from hotel to hotel on New Year's Eve because she just wasn't happy once she heard there was a Ritz nearby and her bony ass wasn't in it. So, when all of that is surrounding her (like the luxury Malibu summer rental), she is at peace, and the family is happy. When she had to return to the reality of four kids and the day-to-day of raising them, she gets ill, sobs about her fairy tale ending, and rains holy hell on Dean's ass (because, I think, she subconciously blames him for putting his penis in her and making those four kids).

Also, I think Tori is doing irreparable damage to her children with all of her illnesses and hospitalizations. She details in her last book that Hattie barely knows or acknowledges her, and there is no bond there. Hattie is in a precarious spot in the family order. She's not the oldest, she's not the youngest, she's not the first boy, she's not the first girl. I have four kids, and like Tori they are: Boy, Girl, BREAK, Girl, Boy. I am a few years ahead of her in terms of my kids' ages - but the spacing and genders are almost identical. I go out of my way to spend time with my younger daughter and make her feel special.

Tori talks about what a great, present mom she is. But the reality is, she isn't. Every minute she's yelling at Dean, nursing a migraine, sitting in a hospital bed, bitching over drinks with friends, and preoccupied with "production" and how this is all going to "look" is time she is taking away from her kids.

Edited by Emme
  • Love 12

Here's my analysis. Tori is happy when there is room service, and free swag, and five-star accommodations. I've read her books. In the latest there is a ridiculous tale of her moving the whole family (and nanny staff) from hotel to hotel on New Year's Eve because she just wasn't happy once she heard there was a Ritz nearby and her bony ass wasn't in it. So, when all of that is surrounding her (like the luxury Malibu summer rental), she is at peace, and the family is happy. When she had to return to the reality of four kids and the day-to-day of raising them, she gets ill, sobs about her fairy tale ending, and rains holy hell on Dean's ass (because, I think, she subconciously blames him for putting his penis in her and making those four kids).

I just saw Tori's brother Randy on Oprah's "Where are they Now" and he seems to have taken the path that Tori has refused as you describe. He talked about how the small size of his inheritance was a surprise but it also made hm realize he needed to figure out how he not only fit into the world but also in a way that was realistic for his means. He is a life coach in Portland now, married with two kids and seems really happy and healthy - the exact opposite of Tori.

He described his relationship with Tori as not as close as he'd like it to be but they do what works for them. I was really impressed by him and wish Tori could see in her sibling an example of the order and change she claims to desire.

• Love 3

Excerpt of Randy segment on Oprah show:

I was struck by how much better Tori looks in the old pictures of her. She was never good-looking, per se, but she looks so much worse now that she seems halfway cute in the old days.

• Love 1

I just saw Tori's brother Randy on Oprah's "Where are they Now" and he seems to have taken the path that Tori has refused as you describe. He talked about how the small size of his inheritance was a surprise but it also made hm realize he needed to figure out how he not only fit into the world but also in a way that was realistic for his means. He is a life coach in Portland now, married with two kids and seems really happy and healthy - the exact opposite of Tori.

He described his relationship with Tori as not as close as he'd like it to be but they do what works for them. I was really impressed by him and wish Tori could see in her sibling an example of the order and change she claims to desire.

You know, that sounds like a perfectly healthy, non-punitive interpretation of the gift their dad left them - a lesson that obviously was completely lost on Tori if that was what her father had in mind. Good for Randy for not wallowing and for finding a life path that apparently is serving him well. Too bad his sister failed to figure that out.

• Love 2

Liam sure resembles Randy. 

I saw the Oprah interview weeks ago too and I was really struck by how "together" Randy is. I recall seeing him on some short lived reality series some years back called Sons of Hollywood or something (I don't feel like looking it up). It showcased young adult men who were offspring of some big Hollywood names. Randy, I recall, was bloated and sloppy, and seemed like he had some substance abuse going on. He also seemed cocky, lazy, and aimless. 

That said, in this short 3 min piece he comes across so well adjusted. He looks pysically healthy too and I suspect the emphasis he places on cooking and eating at home is that he also adopted a healthy living regimen. He seems very positive with his outlook on life. I was amazed how he framed the inheritance issue. He has a very adult acceptance of what came to pass. Good for him. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Tori said she wants to continue the show even if Dean quits because she "still has so much to say".  What on earth does she have to say that we haven't heard over and over and over again?  Does she really think we want to continue to hear how the fairy tale has ended because, wait for it.......Dean cheated on her?   

If Dean does leave the show, they should change the name of it to "Tori and Dr. Wexler: The Never Ending Therapy Session"

• Love 5

Tori said she wants to continue the show even if Dean quits because she "still has so much to say".  What on earth does she have to say that we haven't heard over and over and over again?  Does she really think we want to continue to hear how the fairy tale has ended because, wait for it.......Dean cheated on her?   

If Dean does leave the show, they should change the name of it to "Tori and Dr. Wexler: The Never Ending Therapy Session"

Or "The House of Doom"

• Love 1

Tori and her migraines...

I went through a period of time where I had migraines. There was nothing I could do except lay in my bed, in the dark, with complete silence. Tears would leak and even that was painful.

When Tori has migraines she can have a camera crew, friends, light and speak?

• Love 10

Tori and her migraines...

I went through a period of time where I had migraines. There was nothing I could do except lay in my bed, in the dark, with complete silence. Tears would leak and even that was painful.

When Tori has migraines she can have a camera crew, friends, light and speak?

And wings and a crown, too!  I used to get migraines, too, and like you, dark,silent rooms were the only thing that helped.  FGS, those eyelashes alone would have given me a migraine - they must have weighed half a pound each!

• Love 5

<<I wonder if Tori suffers from actual migraines or if they are simply stress-induced headaches that she's blown out of proportion?>>

I think its a combination of stress-induced and attention seeking.  When you have a migraine, you're down for the count, not sitting up arguing about wearing a god-damn crown on your supposedly throbbing head.  I don't think Tori has any idea what a migraine feels like.

• Love 7

I think its a combination of stress-induced and attention seeking.  When you have a migraine, you're down for the count, not sitting up arguing about wearing a god-damn crown on your supposedly throbbing head.  I don't think Tori has any idea what a migraine feels like.

I agree totally. I have had bad migraines and at their worst I was whimpering in a totally dark room, totally debilitated, the worst pain I have felt (I never had kids so I am sure child birth is worse). I don't get those bad ones too much any more because I recognize the signs of one coming on and make adjustments. I do still get ocular migraines that are triggered by light flashing into my eyes. I am pretty much unable to function until it passes. Stress is definitely a trigger, but Tori's stresses are day to day things we all must deal with inflated to gigantic proportions. Pretty crazy, her "poor me" disfunction is what should be dealt with, and not her so called "migraines"

If Tori has such bad migraines she needs to see a doctor.

And what a difference Tori is from Randy. Tori please take note from your brother who was raised in the same home as you and got the same amount of money that you did

• Love 4

I am not one that gets all in a stir about children with makeup, however I can't help but be annoyed she is prancing them around in lipstick (she had that picture of Stella on Twitter in an outfit not especially appropriate for her age and with lipstick there also).  It is just not necessary, and especially a bolder red than most women wear.  Pink maybe?  Light pink would be better?  She has beautiful children and they don't need to be wearing makeup so very young.

I feel so bad for Liam, as many of us has stated, the family situation has taken a toll on him, and he has definitely gained weight.  I am not criticizing him--I just feel bad for him because he has always been a healthy and slender kid before all of this.

• Love 5

I feel so bad for Liam, as many of us has stated, the family situation has taken a toll on him, and he has definitely gained weight.

Something that anorexics do? Make others around them eat more (because they, themselves, are obsessed with food). Just sayin'.

• Love 2

The thing that still kills me are the people defending her. 

"Your never let your kids do anything fun."

"It's just lipstick."

"Stella looks so grown up!" <== why this is okay is beyond me.

"You're all just haters."

Pretty much any post in support of Tori's antics with the kids. They all look miserable and Liam has gained so much weight since the last time she's posted a picture of him. 

Edit: I just looked at Tori's hand on Stella. She looks like she's holding her daughter there instead of it being a comfortable touch, Also again, can she ever take a photo without her ridiculous 3/4 pose? It's the same every damn time!

Edited by CodenameV
  • Love 1

Wow, Liam really looks like Dean now, & I'm glad to see they seem to have finally gotten him a good haircut. I'm also glad to see that he isn't wearing red lipstick.

• Love 4

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/tori-spelling-talks-raising-four-kids-dont-think-222000678-us-weekly.html

Another great article about what a great mom is and how she never takes time for herself. Tori, Stella, and Hattie are all wearing the same red lipstick in the photo. Isn't that cute! Tori and her daughters are so close!

1418000914_tori-spelling-dean-mcdermott_

What a fake looking picture, and that femme fatale red lipstick is SUCH an appropriate color for children (eye roll).  I think I've watched enough of Tori (2nd season I've watched) to override anything "Dr." Wexler says and give my own diagnosis: Tori as bat-shit crazy, obsessive, rigid, controlling, histrionic, a tinge of paranoia and with a big empty hole in herself that nothing - not Dean, not kids, not a hit show (well, MAYBE a hit show) will ever fill.   The woman has so much negativity in every cell in her body, she's kind of like a black hole of emotional need.

Edited by jrlr
  • Love 11

Love how she complains about never having privacy, but has them sleep with her all the time. As a mom of four actually closer in age than her brood, can I just say, "Shut up, Tori!"?

• Love 3

Hattie is a beautiful child. I just love her. But that lipstick make me cringe.  Even on Stella it's terribly inappropriate. On poor Hattie it's downright wrong.  I get that the kids want to wear what mommy is wearing. But you put some clear gloss on their lips.  Not tart them up with vamp red. 

Poor Liam.  :( 

• Love 2

Hattie is a beautiful child. I just love her. But that lipstick make me cringe.  Even on Stella it's terribly inappropriate. On poor Hattie it's downright wrong.  I get that the kids want to wear what mommy is wearing. But you put some clear gloss on their lips.  Not tart them up with vamp red. 

Poor Liam.  :( 

I doubt that it was the kids' idea to wear lipstick just like Mommy. I think Tori thought it would be cute to have her girls copying her signature style. She must have put the lipstick on them right before the picture because I don't see how a 3-year-old would avoid smearing it and it's perfectly applied on all of them. As much as Tori sobs about how her relationship with Candy fucked her up and she tries extra hard to be a great mom to her daughters, she already has a very twisted dynamic with them and she has talked about the enormous expectations that she has for them to somehow heal her relationship with her mom by having ideal mother-daughter relationships with Tori. I shudder to think what Tori will be like with them when they're teenagers.

• Love 3

I just read a caption on HONY in which a man talks about his anxious mother and how controlling and demanding she was and he describes her as "not a monster, but kinda." All I could think about was this is the kids' description of Tori if she doesn't get her act together.

• Love 1

Here's a shocker...Said no PTV'er EVER.

Tori has always insisted that her kids have fun with the show, but will she finally cancel her series, after Jack’s heartbreaking tweets? Nope.

“Tori relies on True Tori for income,” HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned from another insider. “There is absolutely no way she’s going to cancel the show because of Jack. She’s also mortified that Jack would tweet something so negative about the show. If anything, the show is helping her with her marriage. At least this is what Tori believes — that having their dirty laundry aired out in public is actually a positive thing. It holds everyone, especially Dean, more accountable for their actions.”

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/12/09/true-tori-cancelled-dean-mcdermott-son-jack-twitter-rant/

As many of us suspected all along, the intention of this show is obviously to show the public what an asshole Dean is...Boy, Tori, did that intent ever backfire on your malnourished delusional ass.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

And now Mary Jo is speaking out, much to Tori's dismay:

“Sadly, now I actually know what goes on behind the scenes in their home and that is even more tragic than what makes it on camera,” Mary Jo claims in the new issue of ‘In Touch,’ on newsstands now. “Tori needs rehab more than him.”

She says she accepted Tori and her ex-husband’s invitation to appear on ‘True Tori,’ “to rewrite the narrative that I was the older, bitter wife,” Mary Jo tells ‘In Touch.’ “I wanted to show how we as a blended family could move forward and be civil and respectful.”

But she explains that what she saw was disturbing — including fighting in front of the kids and Tori’s notoriously cluttered house.

“She needs serious help for the hoarding issue — she’s admitted her kids aren’t even fazed by her extended hospital stays anymore. And all their fighting in front of the children — it’s so dark.”

Mary Jo tells ‘In Touch’ that she also witnessed Tori’s crippling insecurity during Hattie’s birthday party — obsessing over her mom Candy’s interaction with Mary Jo.

“Tori came up to me in a panic and said, ‘What were you talking to my mother about? My mother takes all my friends.’ It was so incredibly sad and disconcerting,” she tells ‘In Touch.’ “She needs counseling to stop blaming her parents for her issues and take responsibility for the things that got her in this situation.”

For the full interview with Dean’s ex, pick up the new issue of ‘In Touch,’ on newsstands now!

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/tori-spelling-needs-rehab-says-dean-mcdermott-s-ex-in-an-exclusive-interview-47539

Judging by Mary Jo's (presumably unbiased) comments, I'm guessing this show is a lot more "reality" than I thought.  

• Love 5

Yes, Tori's kids will probably be humiliated because she's put this on TV. Jack is in HS, just 16 and everybody knows what's going on in his crazy SM's house. I feel terrible for that kid! As if HS isn't hard enough.

She's a horrid excuse for a human.

Here's a shocker...Said no PTV'er EVER.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/12/09/true-tori-cancelled-dean-mcdermott-son-jack-twitter-rant/

As many of us suspected all along, the intention of this show is obviously to show the public what an asshole Dean is...Boy, Tori, did that intent ever backfire on your malnourished delusional ass.

Funny how holding everyone accountable for their actions doesn't seem to include her, isn't it?

One sad outcome we can all predict now: the "Mama Tori" nightmare stories these children might be sharing 20 years down the road will make the "Mama Candy" tales seem like a non-stop Disney World vacation. The difference is, she's offering tangible evidence to the world that the former are true (and showing that the source of the latter is HIGHLY suspect).

Boy, is that going to bite her in the bony butt.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

OMG - that holiday family picture with Stella and Hattie in bright red lipstick. JUST NO !

When I read a comment about the lipstick they wore, I had not yet seen the picture. I supposed that it was a picture of the girls playing dress up or in school theater costumes or something. But that it's the family's holiday picture, I was aghast. I am sure Tori if asked would say that when Stella and Hattie saw mommy putting on her red lips and they wanted it too. I doubt that. That was Tori's idea from the get go. 

It is all to mirror Tori and her stroke her ego. A family holiday picture is to memorialize how the family looked in 2014 and how the kids looked ....as kids. Cripes, why don't  they let Liam and Finn get full sleeve tattoos like Dean while they are at it. Oh I get it, lipstick washes off. 

There is something very awful about that. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Gah I hate Tori's camera face. Why doesn't she ever smile with teeth? It's not like she has bad teeth. I'm sure she's had cosmetic dentistry. That weird head tilt, lips pressed together smirk is not attractive. Why doesn't anyone tell her this? Dean and the kids look so pained. I can just imagine the nightmare it was just to get there.

• Love 4