Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Dream Begins

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, omgtv said:

I think it was hair powder,  I use it.  It is basically cornstarch and it gives your hair such great volume!  (I use it because my hair is so flat at the roots- not so I can have Dallas hair! lol!)

Yes, it's Big Sexy Hair Powder Play, I use it too!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Chantel and Stephanie got very little airtime last year as well as Amy L.

I think both of them were only called out on the last episode before they named the squad. Stephanie missed steps or didn't know the dance (Kelli said it).Chantel missed the leg lift on the kick line.

• Love 2

I watched the episode again with my mom and she kept calling Kelsey "the one who looks old." I just couldn't even lmao. Idk how she thought she looked old. I was like, she's really nice she commented on my instagram and everything lol

Edited by heatherrrrz
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, Smplsimon said:

I'm also annoyed by her repeated statement, "The scoring system is something I came up with" -- as though she'd invented Calculus or something.  

LOL!  so true!  Yes, I invented this scoring system AND discovered thermodynamics theory!  Wow Kel, you go girl!  I was actually a bit surprised that she explained it AGAIN this year. .. I thought with so many people poking fun at it on this board, they would stop the silliness.  lol ... must ask Shelly if Kelli really does think that it's so brilliant!

• Love 1

As much as I joke about the judging system I really do think Kelli explains it every year *because* it is not complex; like, "we don't have any sort of crazy judging system.  We keep it simple so that people can be focused on all the performers and what they don't/do like about them and not be worried about 'should i give her a 2 or a 5 on the looks scale?'"  

• Love 7

Rewatched this weekend and some thoughts:

1) Candace looked a bit plastic but she seems very funny and nice.  I would prefer her over Melissa R. any time any day any week!

2) Kelli ... hmmm, bless her heart, but is it just me or did she look very very big this year?  She's a beautiful woman with great eyes (reminds me to Chelsea's) but she looked like she gained a good 20lbs this year.  When she turned to her profile angle, it is even more noticeable.  Definitely no longer "soft"

3) The scoring system - sigh...stop.  please.

4) Jenna seemed so pretty and nice!  I was disappointed they acted like they barely knew her.  They never talked about her or anything. Kudos to her for whipping into shape and coming back fiercer than ever!

5) Kyndall's interview made me so sad.  She's such a pretty girl and those curls are gorgeous.  I definitely prefer her natural softer look to Chantal's.  She seemed like she was ready to cry from get go.

6) Tasha - just not a fan... in pictures, she seems so gorgeous but on TV, bleh.

7) Sheesh, how many times can that Ramos guy keep saying how hard K+J's jobs are.  Chill out dude ... it's picking cheerleaders not open heart surgery. 

8) Pee - that was weird and wasted valuable time they could've focused on dancing.  I am curious who did it though lol

9) Thought the part of Judy (I think) talking about how the uncoordinated girls would be rolling all over the floor was hilarious!!!

I just wish that Kelli would explain the judging system in a more matter-of-fact way. Like all she has to say is, "All we ask of the judges is that they put down a yes, no, or maybe for each girl, and then we see where they fall once all the judges' scores are combined." Not the crap about "I designed this amazing judging system blah blah blah." It's just unnecessary considering the actual system is the most simple one possible.

• Love 3

I don't like Mrs. Romo's look, but I do love her personality. The pee comment had me laughing so hard. I ran a marathon last year and totally went a little during one of my training runs. It happens, y'all!

I am not a fan of Tasha's look. She's only 25?! She appears so much older to me, but I guess having a kid ages you? I don't know.

Madeline is my favorite. I wish we had seen more of her. Not only that, but I wish they would have shared the judges' impressions when they saw her again and realized who she was, especially Kelli and Judy. Maybe they'll share that in the next episode. She looked adorable!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think so yes, because caring for a child is extremely time consuming and expensive. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

Not what I meant. you're faulting Tasha for not getting a degree after having a baby when the leader of DCC, Jenn K doesn't have a degree or a child...

But sure, let's all hate of Tasha because she's pretty and wears make up!

• Love 1

College isn't for everyone and not everyone can afford it.  There's nothing wrong with vocational or trade schools. 

I thought Maddy looked really nice in the pictures but wow, she's got some big teeth!  I never noticed them until the show was actually on. Surprised they didn't do a cameo of Shelbi.  Maybe they decided not to after the whole bf drama.

Really liked Jenna!

• Love 5

There are people who shouldn't go to college.... You can actually earn more money learning a skill at a trade school. One of my former students was accepted into BMW's program. He is basically building BMW's- and made $60,000 his first year out of the program. At age 21. Not many jobs pay that well fresh out of college. I agree that Tasha looks older than 25. Kids DEFINITELY age you, mother of two here, but I think with Tasha it's all the makeup. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

There are people who shouldn't go to college.... You can actually earn more money learning a skill at a trade school. One of my former students was accepted into BMW's program. He is basically building BMW's- and made $60,000 his first year out of the program. At age 21. Not many jobs pay that well fresh out of college. I agree that Tasha looks older than 25. Kids DEFINITELY age you, mother of two here, but I think with Tasha it's all the makeup. 

I wasn't prepared to go to college after coasting my way through high school. I did one year and did well but figured it wasn't for me and went to trade school for medical assisting before going back to college in 2014. I did much better then. It's easy when you're young to just go to college and go through the paces not knowing what you want to do with your life.

Yeah I like how glam Tasha is but I think she'd actually look younger with less/more natural makeup. That said, she's obviously happy so who cares what I think ?

Edited by JC123
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Yeah I like how glam Tasha is but I think she'd actually look younger with less/more natural makeup. That said, she's obviously happy so who cares what I think ?

This. It definitely ages her.

• Love 2

Just watched the episode and I thought all of the candidates were portrayed favorably.

Tasha is really pretty and I don't have any problem with her parents helping her be a dancer if that is her talent and passion. I felt like she wasn't trying to present a sob story, she was more saying that everyone told her her life was over when she got pregnant but she still went out and did what she wanted to do. Her Instagram is really cringey but from the show alone, she seems fine.

Jenna Allison seems nice and I think she had more screen time than she did when she was a DCC.

enough with the "accomplishing the biggest dream ever" idea. I didn't like how they kept calling being a DCC "the ultimate dream."

Candace seems nice. It was cool of her to embarrass herself a bit to make that one girl feel better.

• Love 3

Just saw the first episode, thanks to the good guys on this forum. 37 minutes of utter bliss! That poor guy with the hairdo! The producer obviously hates him and has edited him to look half-witted. If I were him I'd sue! After all the discussion about her here, was v.disappointed in Yuko. Loved all the African American girls. Thought Emily looked gorgeous. Tasha rather bland somehow.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Not what I meant. you're faulting Tasha for not getting a degree after having a baby when the leader of DCC, Jenn K doesn't have a degree or a child...

But sure, let's all hate of Tasha because she's pretty and wears make up!

Tasha and Jenn k are two different people with two different situations. Jenn K did not have a child to support, and in my opinion, this means more freedom, less responsibility and more leeway to do things like pro cheerleading. 

Theyre both pretty and wear makeup. I don't hate Tasha or think her child is neglected. 

College is not the sole route to success, but when you have a child, some sort of school or training for a profession that gives financial stability is essential.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I wasn't prepared to go to college after coasting my way through high school. I did one year and did well but figured it wasn't for me and went to trade school for medical assisting before going back to college in 2014. I did much better then. It's easy when you're young to just go to college and go through the paces not knowing what you want to do with your life.

So true ... I went the traditional route and am very "accomplished" and "fancy" on paper ... in real life, I have no f-- clue what I wanna do in life lol!

It sucks but here, college and grad school are a luxury and like every luxury, not everyone can afford them.  Somehow we, as a society, have poopoo'd trade schools or vocational degrees but those are great options!  People sometimes don't want to be doctors or consultants or lawyers ... some people want a good salary without the debt.  It's just about individual choices.

That being said, if I told my ma that I wanted her to watch my kid and pay for me so I can go shimmy my goodies at NBA games, I'm pretty sure she would've slapped me silly

• Love 6

Maybe, I'm by myself but I thought that Jenna - the ex DCC that got cut looks bad. I thought that she should of chosen another color to wear to auditions. That tan outfit really washed her out and what little bit that I saw of her dancing was bad. However, I give her all the props for putting herself out there again!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Maybe, I'm by myself but I thought that Jenna - the ex DCC that got cut looks bad. I thought that she should of chosen another color to wear to auditions. That tan outfit really washed her out and what little bit that I saw of her dancing was bad. However, I give her all the props for putting herself out there again!

Nope, I am of the same opinion. The pale blonde hair doesn't help either.

5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yes, that tan outfit was a bad choice! I didnt like it on Schram though either back in the day and she is stunning. 

• Love 2

Maybe I shouldn't say this but it made her breast look saggy. It wasn't attractive. 

I didn't want to watch the show due to Shelly's post about our opinions on here but I couldn't help it. While I now have less regard for the administration of dcc (who should have a piece of humble pie), I love the actual girls on dcc. 

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 7

I'm trying my hardest to stay spoiler free but you guys have tempted me! 

Could someone PM me (or spoiler tag) what Shelby's bf said and whatever is going on with the DCC administration? Please and thank you. :)

I think about 5 years ago that outfit would be "oh so cute!" But now outfits are so shiny, rhinestoned and just better. I think the "new" version of Jenna's outfit would be Emily Villareals. Both were nude but Emily's for her body type and just looked brand new.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I totally agree with this. One of my sons went to auto school and is a master tech at a BMW dealership. He makes decent money, but we have to laugh a bit when he tells us, "it's a young man's job." He's 31. But it is a lot of physical work and he's hoping to get certified as a network administrator down the road and not have to wrench his shoulders at work everyday. The thing is, people will always need mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. and their services are expensive. I wish more young people would realize that before they get themselves into huge debt with college loans and find there's no job available in their chosen field. I will never look down on someone for not getting a college education, but learn how to do something so that you are able to support yourself. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Well please don't wait another year to post! ITA with all and cracked up at the man bun thing. We were referring to him as Fabio '16 or Dallas Fabio or something like that a while back. I hate a man bun. I hate a man bun. I hate a man bun.

And I WANT to like Tasha, I want her to be rainbows and sunshine but something's holding me back. I don't want to just dislike her for being perfect, so I'll reserve judgment until I'm better informed.

I want to like Tasha as well and I'm willing to give that a some time, too. The romance novel cover photo shoot pics left me with a very bad taste in my mouth but I need to let that go, I guess. She looked less staged on MTT but I still think her makeup made her look 33 instead of 25. Maybe they will soften/freshen her up? 

Poor Fabio. It didn't help that they edited the shots of him to look...er...a bit crazed. Especially during the pee on the floor moment and you saw him looking crazy eyed with a blast of piano string/horror film music for effect. 

Oh, and upon watching the episode the second time, I counted them showing the AT&T Stadium sign about 21 times total. I bet Charlotte was pleased. ?

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I'm in love with the nude with tons of crystals a la Schraminator's audition. I mean, it's Brittney freakin Schram, so she could rock a wet band aid and a cobweb like she meant to do that, but still. Love it.

I love Brittney Schram. Seriously. Love. Her. I wanted to stab Kitty Carter that night she said Brit was looking heavy. GTF outta here. Britt Britt is gorgeous.

• Love 8

Tasha does look older in the face but she's very thin so sometimes not having extra fat (not in a bad fat) ages you as opposed to having a baby face like Maddie. Also she looked shiny so she just needed powder or mattifyimg foundation. Yuko does not look young or fresh faced either. They definitely don't base the team on looks. K & J both state they like returning girls to show improvement. Even when they show great improvement like Emily or Jenna if they remember a fault it's done and over before it really starts. I see other women with not as much potential go further because pre judgment set them free.

It's funny to see women cry and how it is perceived in public by strangers. Some say others are dramatic and they hate them for crying. Yuko cries and has a voice over and some adore her. Usually we don't see what happens before the tears so I don't like to judge emotions on screen. Editing can make all the difference in how we perceive them. 

This season should be interesting to watch what they show. They left out a ton of what we love the show for.Dancing. Just not a lot of dancing clips at all. Sometimes they should leave the girls personal life out. If we just judged Tasha on looks and dance she would have a huge fan base. Even being a single mom. Everybody doesn't have a cookie cutter life. It makes you way more human and relatable IMO.  I applaud her for pursuing her dance dreams. We all have dreams and so many stop what they love to sacrifice for someone else or worry with others opinions and never learn to balance to have it all.  

Melissa Rycroft needs to be completely taken out. What is the point? She really brings nothing to the table for these women auditioning. The candidates  are left scratching their heads and so are we. Enough already. Even scripted her segment is worthless. Bring back Jay!! I liked seeing the girls get whipped into better shape and eating healthier. I know they really don't have a trainer but they should at this level. Maybe then vets wouldn't get heavy at the level so many do. Stop doing things "for show" and get real.  Invest in these women completely. A personal trainer/nutritionist  is nothing for them to add on the roster with learning routines. There are only 8 home games so adding a healthy body inside and out should be a non negotiable. I remember in past seasons they went and cleaned out refrigerators in the TCCs homes. That was great!! And it made the staff look like they cared not just gossiped about them. 

• Love 3

@ShellyB, you mentioned having a watch party. What were your favourite moments of the episode? And those of other staffers/DCC?

It must be interesting to see things packaged up for TV and shown a certain way, particularly if you remember things a little differently. Or totally forgot certain things!

Is it painful to watch hopefuls who were later cut? 

Just watched the 8/25 episode! And I automatically went to watch the next recorded one- uggh! It's season 7- Viv again??? Only one a week- so used to watching a marathon or at least one a day!

anyway- excited about the new season- wonder Who they think is the target audience?? I thought it was us- dancers! Teachers! Consumed by dance? After the tidbits that were thrown to us- I am disappointed ?

Optimistic- for the finals....

Yuko annoyed me all around and I didn't find her crying any more endearing than I did Auto Amy's last year - if you're gonna cry about how hard it is an how loney you are coming over to another country for a dance team, just don't do it - it's a just a cheerleading squad where you dance in skimpy outfits and get some reality show "fame".   It's not like you are coming here to escape a national famine or political crisis.  You didn't see Jinelle and Angela blabbering on like that.   I didn't find her dance technique to be all that great either, and her figure is very frail looking - like thin, yes, but not in shape - I'm not sure what the word is for that, but it's not very DCC.  Kind of like that timid Emily girl who was one of the first cuts last year.

From the previews it looks like she also has issues w/ dancing and is called into the office quite a bit.

I'm just not a fan at all.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dancemajor said:

I know they really don't have a trainer but they should at this level. Maybe then vets wouldn't get heavy at the level so many do. Stop doing things "for show" and get real.  Invest in these women completely. A personal trainer/nutritionist  is nothing for them to add on the roster with learning routines. There are only 8 home games so adding a healthy body inside and out should be a non negotiable. I remember in past seasons they went and cleaned out refrigerators in the TCCs homes. That was great!! And it made the staff look like they cared not just gossiped about them. 

I thought they did still have Jay & a nutritionist, but they're just not shown on the show.

I'm going to give a very unpopular opinion...I think Madeline looked better last year (after they got her hair a tad lighter).  I'm sure she had to have a lot of color damage cut off her hair, but IMO the style is so matronly.  If she wanted to go shorter, I think a curly bob would have been a younger, fresher looking option.

Edited by ByTor
Just now, ByTor said:

I thought they did still have Jay & a nutritionist, but they're just not shown on the show.

I think they do somewhat but nothing like the 'old days' - I remember in Kalli Fullerton's blog she mentioned one of the big differences between her first time in TC and second is that in the latter she was expecting to be doing long workouts with Jay, bootcamps, mile runs, etc. and they didn't. Sorry I can't link directly, looks like she made her blog permission only lol

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

As a curly girl myself, I love Maddie's curls!  Her hair looks lighter (the black looked too heavy). It makes her look softer and really suits her.  

She does look a lot better.  I'm still not a fan of her crying, but I think that she looked a lot more like a DCC in this episode than I ever imagined she could.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yuko annoyed me all around and I didn't find her crying any more endearing than I did Auto Amy's last year - if you're gonna cry about how hard it is an how loney you are coming over to another country for a dance team, just don't do it - it's a just a cheerleading squad where you dance in skimpy outfits and get some reality show "fame".   It's not like you are coming here to escape a national famine or political crisis.  You didn't see Jinelle and Angela blabbering on like that.   I didn't find her dance technique to be all that great either, and her figure is very frail looking - like thin, yes, but not in shape - I'm not sure what the word is for that, but it's not very DCC.  Kind of like that timid Emily girl who was one of the first cuts last year.

From the previews it looks like she also has issues w/ dancing and is called into the office quite a bit.

I'm just not a fan at all.

I agree with you on the "just don't do it" motto ... I mean no one is forcing you to.

But I don't think it's a fair comparison with Angela and Jinelle ... there is a bigger cultural shock and difference btw Japan and U.S. than Aus than U.S. (including language, behavior, etc).

1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

She just is. She's perfection. Period. I remember when Kelli put her on weight warning (bullshit, IMHO) and Kelli said "I SURE don't want to cut YOU". No girl, you DON'T! Brit is elevated to a level of fabulousness, in my opinion, that is reserved for a chosen few. It will be interesting to see if anyone from the rookie class this year brings that kind of bomb ass-ness. I wonder if, by the end of the season, Tasha and Kelsey will sell us like this.

Agree ... she's pretty much perfect.  Wacky personality, doesn't conform to the "beauty queen" plastic behavior of some beautiful girls, and is pretty much a living Barbie doll except even more perfect

1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

As a curly girl myself, I love Maddie's curls!  Her hair looks lighter (the black looked too heavy). It makes her look softer and really suits her.  

She definitely looks better with curls and lighter hair.  Something is still weird about her teeth and lips but I think it just may be a big teeth syndrome.  This is about as close as she gets to the "perfect" DCC look! 

• Love 5