Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Dream Begins

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelli and Judy may just die. We'll be in the stands, whispering behind our hands to each other.

Such a fun mental image!! 

Not the Gaylord though, too far and too "middle Dallas." 

Westin Stonebriar FTW!

No quote box? I'm replying to this: 

I say we all sign up to audition, show up in nude colored outfits (heavily bedazzled), and have our 90 seconds of fame. We do our best to show up in the circus music section; routines should include at least one rolling around on the floor, twerking, and some shimmying.  We could have orange streaks from our self tanner and really teased hair. For those who want to take it seriously, points to making it to semis.  And we'll all put on "Previously TV" t-shirts while waiting to see if our numbers are posted

???????????????

we we might get the actual number back up over 300 by doing this! (This fan invasion would air in episode one, which makes this relevant.)

Edited by GingerJ
Quote box missing
On 2 September 2016 at 10:12 AM, Originalroux said:

I say we all sign up to audition, show up in nude colored outfits (heavily bedazzled), and have our 90 seconds of fame. We do our best to show up in the circus music section; routines should include at least one rolling around on the floor, twerking, and some shimmying.  We could have orange streaks from our self tanner and really teased hair. For those who want to take it seriously, points to making it to semis.  And we'll all put on "Previously TV" t-shirts while waiting to see if our numbers are posted!

Bonus points for ugly crying and claiming it's your lifelong dream. And an awkward poem.

• Love 9
On August 30, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Pinknblue said:

@ShellyB, you mentioned having a watch party. What were your favourite moments of the episode? And those of other staffers/DCC?

It must be interesting to see things packaged up for TV and shown a certain way, particularly if you remember things a little differently. Or totally forgot certain things!

Is it painful to watch hopefuls who were later cut? 

Always interesting to see how the day is edited into a 60 minute segment...less with commercial breaks. Also seeing what they feel are the highlights. Not sure if I have any particular favorite parts, but enjoy having my memory refreshed from 3 months ago. My heart is always tugged when I see faces of girls that have been cut from auditions or training camp. My audition season often begins in January or February with our prep classes, so I get to know girls long before the actual auditions and have seen the journey they've been on while trying to make the team. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@ShellyB As executive producers do Kelli and Charlotte approve a final cut before t airs, or do they not see the final until it airs?

Kelli sees unedited footage & edited before it airs. She has input, but leaves the majority of editing control with CMT producers. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Kelli sees unedited footage & edited before it airs. She has input, but leaves the majority of editing control with CMT producers. 

Thanks. While I can't imagine the Cowboys branding allowing zero input, no way is CMT going to relinquish 100% control.

Have there been many things the DCC has said 'absolutely no' to or 'you HAVE to put this in'? 

BTW - just from a legal standpoint and totally unverified by anyone affiliated - if a girl is dismissed for any sort of drinking, substance abuse etc., legally DCC and CMT aren't going to touch that with a 10 ft pole. Even if it is just alleged. If there is an issue, they person is protected under ADA and you're revealing way too much. If it's just alleged and can be proved false, this is slander (spoken) and libel (recorded), and can defame a person into losing wages, jobs, etc. This is why if someone is doing coke or had 100 DWIs, etc. they're not going to call it out on the show. Even if it is all over the papers and common knowledge. Nobody wants sued. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3

Love all your comments- and I agree with most of you?We should all meet & have a viewing party!! I don't live in Texas but fly in a couple times a year for dance teacher workshops- love to meet and learn from the best! I try not to be star struck... Michelle Keys!!!  Hoping my group will work with Kitty again soon- I adore her!!

Spoiler

anyway- Caila was cut for many poor decisions made throughout her rookie season? She is young & felt that the DCC rules didn't always apply to her. I am no way going to trash her image- but K, J, C are clear--- protect and maintain The Brand! If you don't... Bye bye?

• Love 2
On 9/1/2016 at 10:23 AM, heatherrrrz said:

LET'S ALL GO! lol

I would definitely go!  They could do a "fans rate the candidates" segment :)

On 9/1/2016 at 11:06 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAHA!!! Oh yes yes yes, We could represent the uber-critical, conspiracy theory, mountain out of molehill superfan base with our constant theorizing and what-iffing!

"We noticed on Previously TV that you had a run in your tights during a performance and we were just wondering if you're homeless"

HAHA!!

You slay me!  

• Love 1
On 9/1/2016 at 8:21 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think you just won the got damn internet. I'm in tears over here. I'll bring some rubber gloves so when the inevitable happens from one of us (Me) the security guard can at least practice proper sanitation when handling OPP: Other People's Pee.

Hehehe, I'll bring him some PPE (personal protective equipment) so he'll be able to properly handle the OPP.  As a nurse, I cringed watching him mop it up with BARE hands!!!!

• Love 3
On September 1, 2016 at 8:25 PM, GingerJ said:

No quote box? I'm replying to this: 

I say we all sign up to audition, show up in nude colored outfits (heavily bedazzled), and have our 90 seconds of fame. We do our best to show up in the circus music section; routines should include at least one rolling around on the floor, twerking, and some shimmying.  We could have orange streaks from our self tanner and really teased hair. For those who want to take it seriously, points to making it to semis.  And we'll all put on "Previously TV" t-shirts while waiting to see if our numbers are posted

???????????????

we we might get the actual number back up over 300 by doing this! (This fan invasion would air in episode one, which makes this relevant.)

HAHAHAHA I am Kelli's age and about 100 lbs heavier so that would be hilarious!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cvogue said:

HAHAHAHA I am Kelli's age and about 100 lbs heavier so that would be hilarious!!!

They'd end up with a whole episode of "bless her heart"s, "perhaps it's time to move on to her next dream" and look out if someone makes it to finals because that fan vote will be ours for the taking (come on you ladies with skills!)

• Love 5
On September 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I was wondering if CMT really pushed Melissa Rycroft. Also the girl who peed. 

Probably yes to both names, but 11 seasons and no one peed on the floor. I can see why that makes it through the editors. And how much did all of us pink puffy heart Candace once she said she could relate? Thankfully they didn't show who had done it.  That would have crossed a line for sure  

On September 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

You're so lucky I can't geotag you, I'd be on the red eye. Did you see the cost of membership to the club?! A one time fee of like $4500 and a monthly min of $375 or something?!

Ha! Come on! We will plan it next year if it happens for sure. I would love to go. I believe the prices - all things Cowboys are expensive. It's one of the reasons home game suffer compared to teams like the Chiefs and the Seahawks (who are my home teams)...when the stadium moved, many hardcore fans who'd had season tickets from the beginning were priced out of the market. It gets very corporate. That's Dallas in general tho :) 

• Love 1
On August 26, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Sunnydays5691 said:

My kids changed the channel after 10 minutes! (they shall be disinherited) Thank goodness for DVR/ I need to watch it one or twelve times to see everything.

I've bought seasons 3-11 on Amazon so I can watch over and over and over!! I work third shift so have them on for background noise ?

• Love 4
On September 4, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Pinknblue said:

They'd end up with a whole episode of "bless her heart"s, "perhaps it's time to move on to her next dream" and look out if someone makes it to finals because that fan vote will be ours for the taking (come on you ladies with skills!)

I have a good friend who has been a dancer her whole life so she can come along and teach us!! She's 28 and really cute (and fit) and danced on the Ohio State Dance Team for 4 years so they might draft her into TC!! 

• Love 2

I'm almost 65, and I'd sure think about doing it.  All of our dances should be synchronized as well. But I think, judging from  the group we'd be, we should hail from the local Motel 6, instead of a fancy place. We can all go to McD's and order a Filet o' Fish with apple ring sides as our healthy choice.

BTW, IMO, the loveliest, fanciest hotel in Dallas is the Adolphus.  Gorgeous.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 8:04 PM, JayDKay said:

I think Madeline looks much better this year. The only problem I have is that she looks sooo young. I legit feel awkward looking at the young ones trying to be sexy like Madeline & Jenna, especially the swimsuit photos. Jenna has grown up a lot on the squad but she still looks young (her voice doesn't help). Heather is another young looking one but I think she has sex appeal so she will be alright. Just compare them to someone like Holly, who (I think) is the same age. 

I definitely think she looks better.  In my eyes, I still think she looks like a kid amongst women.  She lacks the sex appeal or even the girl-next-door-beauty of a Jenn K.  I think she looks A LOT like sam ... the teeth / gums and the overall shape of her features. 

Emily - I don't get why she doesn't lighten up on the make-up!  She's gotten the feedback before about her stare.  I thought her hair was really pretty but she did the whole smudging eyeliner and dark eyeshadow thing again and that just makes your eyes look bigger and darker.  She doesn't need that.  It's a shame because I'm so creeped out by her eyes that I can't appreciate her growth

• Love 2

She may not be a "fresh-face, no-makeup" kind of girl, but I'm pretty sure someone said SOMETHING about the makeup.  She already knew that the whole stare/frozen-faced thing was an issue her last time through the gauntlet so why she chose to do it again (and even after a makeup lesson, from what we've heard) so why she chose to KEEP that makeup is something I don't understand.

• Love 2

I don’t believe it’s her make-up.  Someone on this board (who is a dancer) noticed that Emily’s face kind of freezes when she dances, which means she probably doesn’t even know she  is doing it. Which also means she is not relaxed.  So that’s not gonna work.  

• Love 3
On 9/2/2016 at 9:21 AM, kalibean said:

I live 15 minutes from The Star and have a four bedroom house with a pool (wanting a pool + suburbs = way more house than a single gal needs) ...I'll sort us out! ???

believe me, I will so be there. 

SO jealous- can I move in with you?  LOL!

• Love 2
On 8/31/2016 at 6:04 PM, JayDKay said:

I think Madeline looks much better this year. The only problem I have is that she looks sooo young. I legit feel awkward looking at the young ones trying to be sexy like Madeline & Jenna, especially the swimsuit photos. Jenna has grown up a lot on the squad but she still looks young (her voice doesn't help). Heather is another young looking one but I think she has sex appeal so she will be alright. Just compare them to someone like Holly, who (I think) is the same age. 

Actually in photos, Holly OFTEN appears middle-aged to me. Maybe it's the fugly, helmet-do's she sported all last season?  When I saw a pic of her wearing a Belk pink floral muumuu & holding a ginormous beach bag....honestly, haus-frau/frump was all I could think of.  

Yeah, I'm in the minority when it comes to Holly. Yup, she's an amazing dancer who has gotten her figure under control; Hello Megan, Melissa, Jenn & Amy T. IMO - Holly continues to photograph "odd" with no neck. I can't stand her duck lips, pursed, kissy/sexy mug she ALWAYS shows. Yup, she's a senior citizen next to fresh faces like Mads, Heather & Jenna.

• Love 2

I am one of Holly's biggest fans and I agree that sometimes she photographs older.  It's weird because anytime I watch her on video I don't think that at all.  Not sure if it's her hair style or what but I know what you are talking about. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am one of Holly's biggest fans and I agree that sometimes she photographs older.  It's weird because anytime I watch her on video I don't think that at all.  Not sure if it's her hair style or what but I know what you are talking about. 

I think I could fall in love if she quit the duck lips. Seriously,  every flippin time. Makes me want to smack her across the face.

24 minutes ago, Annette said:

I think I could fall in love if she quit the duck lips. Seriously,  every flippin time. Makes me want to smack her across the face.

i think i am so used to seeing those (seriously every girl under 20 that i follow on social media does them CONSTANTLY) that it doesn't phase me anymore lol  but i definitely prefer her smiling!! 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:59 PM, LaurenBrook said:

i think i am so used to seeing those (seriously every girl under 20 that i follow on social media does them CONSTANTLY) that it doesn't phase me anymore lol  but i definitely prefer her smiling!! 

seriously!  why do they keep duck lipping???  every picture of mckayla maroney is all duck face and too heavy / cheap make-up.  Makes me sad ... where are the days of natural beauty??

On 9/2/2016 at 9:21 AM, kalibean said:

I live 15 minutes from The Star and have a four bedroom house with a pool (wanting a pool + suburbs = way more house than a single gal needs) ...I'll sort us out! ???

believe me, I will so be there. 

SO jealous- can I move in with you?  LOL!

I was watching this episode again.  WTF is with Amys bright red eyeshadow?

• Love 1