Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Dream Begins

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Loved Kylee!

I agree with whoever said that Tasha looks pretty in pictures, but looks kinda 'plastic' (can't think of a better word) on video. I was surprised that she could not do a full split however. 

I like Madison but I cannot take all of the crying. I know that some people are just criers, but still... 

I hope we better discussion from the judges in the finals episode. It seemed a bit vacuous in this episode. 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Whelp...found Tasha's mom and sisters on social media and I think Tasha's 'look' is a matter of the environment she grew up in lol  It certainly explains the always done-up look!!  Not going to post link to her mom's stuff here because I don't believe in dragging parents, family, S/Os into these boards for extensive discussion when they don't ask for it. But it's not hard to find if you do some research lol  Just noting it as reference for how she probably doesn't find all the makeup, etc. out of place in everyday life (or giving birth). 

But they do seem VERY supportive of her and very loving with Ivy so that is wonderful.  Very close family. 

And I do agree with you, @tobeyoungagain! I am that way too (though I am SO thankful for how my parents continue to help me out even now because they enjoy doing so). 

Kylee is SO cute!! And the brief clips we saw of Whitney I also thought she looked wonderful.

You seem like a good person Laurenbrook and very collaborative and team-playerish so I would say they probably think you're a great daughter and hence enjoy helping you out!  :)

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

After watching the first episode... TEAM TASHA. 

I can't help but laugh at people who look down on her for wearing makeup.... It's not that big of a deal.

I have eyelash extensions and it's so annoying when people think I'm wearing false lashes to the gym. And even if I was, why would it matter to you? 

I follow Tasha on snapchat and every single snap is of her daughter. She had a kid when she was 19, so what? You can tell she's a good mom. 

I'm also loving Yuko. Not sure why people are giving her a hard time about not being able to speak English. She literally just moved to the US lol. She'll catch on quickly. 

Also... Candace > Rycroft

this is a real question ... what's the difference btw eyelash extensions and fake lashes?

• Love 3

I love that the forums mirror what is clear during judging panels: that everyone likes a different look/ dancer and that is why they need such a diversity of people to make the decisions to appeal to the broad fan base.

I recognize that Tasha is a beautiful young woman, but TO ME she looks older than 25.  I think it's her makeup - but she looks rougher (not "fresh").  I'm surprised she got through though with that really bad split.

Very VERY glad that CMT & the DCC powers did NOT show the girl who urinated on the floor....and I'm so impressed that Romo admitted having had it happened to her so that the girl would not feel mortified.  That was a class act.

I noticed that this was perhaps the first time that I can remember that Judy did not separate her judging style from Kelli's.  Normally she says she looks for technique while Kelli looks for beauty or a makeover candidate.  She said they both look at both this time.  I wonder if that was a calculated decision or not ;-)

I feel like the dancing was over before it started.  I agree with above posters that maybe we can HEAR Kelli talk while watching the girls rather than see her talking head for 1/4 of the hour.  I could do without the Access Hollywood guy too at the expense of meeting the candidates & dancing.

Madeline looks better, but I saw pictures from her social media that looked much prettier and softer -- the curls are better, but I've seen absolutely gorgeous photos of her.  

Trivia question for you eagle-eyed viewers.  The huge full-size pictures of DCC that hang behind the judges.  I saw Jacee, Holly, Jennifer.... and then I thought I saw Paige - but that doesn't sound right.  Was it Angela and I just merged the two together in my head?

• Love 6

I want Judy's hair. Ha! Why did they have to bring up the fact Melissa was not a judge because she was close to her due date, and she had to tell us she was pregnant and was coming back. Seriously! The one guy from Access Hollywood was a little obnoxious. Why focus on him and his opinions. I guess Melissa was not there to tell us what the judges were looking for. I was shock they were using different wording instead of the same ole terms every year. I laugh at Kelli being out on the field and the one guy shows up to ask if he can talk with the girls. Reminds me of the bad scenes where a veteran meets up with a TC Candidate to give her advice. Not bad for a premiere episode, but in some ways, the episode could have been better.

Eyelash extensions are fake lashes that are applied to each lash individually and are usually done in a salon - there are very expensive, but look a lot more "real".   The thing that made me decide against them is allegedly they don't stay on when pulled or rubbed really hard while wet (like a swimming situation or just general makeup removal/showering) and only last about a week (which for what they cost is not long enough to me).  Maybe I misunderstood these downsides though and those of you who get them can tell me the real deal ;).

They are a common offering in salons that do acrylic/gel nails, waxing and pedicures in my area.   Think a new "set" (if that's what you'd call it) runs about $150, and filling/reapplying/maintaining them is somewhere around $95 each time.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Hi! I think I've only posted twice since I joined and that was a year or two ago. Clearly, I've been in lurk mode. I've got the first MTT special burned on DVD (hubby did it for me) and all the other seasons except for two. So I am a huge fan and have followed the show for quite a while. Mind if I share a few thoughts?

1. I think CMT must have agreed with JJ/Charlotte for the camera to pan over to show the "AT&T STADIUM" sign every five minutes. Definitely more than in past shows. Glad to see Phil is still around!

2. Ramos made me cringe. Totally unnecessary.

3. I was expecting Candace Romo to be awful but was pleasantly surprised. Her empathy with the blessedly unidentified Pee Girl was nice.

4. Loved Yuko, what little we got to see of her. She has been living with a former DCC that I know on Facebook and the few posts I've seen of Yuko have been charming and cute. Eager to see more of her.

5. Man Bun/Weird Eyes hair salon guy freaked me out. Reiner was always deadpan in his expressions (unless he and Kelli were butting heads in the salon) but fairly normal. This guy was just bizarre.

6. Jury is still out on Tasha. Her romance cover photo shoot with her husband where they are lying on the bed (she's all made up and he's shirtless but wearing belted dress pants?) had me predisposed to dislike her. Her overdone makeup ages her unfortunately. I think the CMT spin on her is misleading since she IS married now. I'm more open, though, to seeing what she's like in camp.

7. Love that Madeline made it back. Yeah, she cried a little but wasn't sobbing about having to "pick a date" like Auto Amy did last year. 

8. This is not first episode related but I am a Team Holly P girl all the way. I wish I had been as confident and talented at such a young age. Kashara is my second favorite for her ability to be goofy/funny.

9. One more thing. Favorite MTT moment ever: When Kelli told Brandi Kilby that she looked like a stripper. PRICELESS! Especially since Brandi returned the next year and kicked butt.

Edited by ATLGirl
To add something.
  • Love 4

I didn't mind Access Hollywood guy - his little fashion interviews were kind of silly, but I thought he gave good feedback during the judges deliberation and seemed to be taking it seriously.  I really didn't have any problems w/ any of the judges or things said during the deliberations in the episode.

You do not know how much I would LOVE to do that job - it would be so fun!   I wish CMT would do a contest and have getting to be a guest judge at next year's tryouts be the prize!  @ShellyB that's another idea for feedback ;).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

this is a real question ... what's the difference btw eyelash extensions and fake lashes?

Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent (last up to 3 weeks) so I have to wear them to places I wouldn't normally wear makeup, like the gym ? 

Most pro cheerleaders get their lash extensions done for free. DCC has an exclusive partnership with The Lash Lounge so they can get there's done regularly. Must be nice! 

• Love 4

Finally got to watch, and my run down is:

1) Entertainment guy wasn't bad, but his fashion critique was pointless. Rather see him take over Melissa's role and interview the girls to help us get to know them.

2) Didn't remember Jenna the former DCC, but does not look like a DCC at all.

3) Everybody's hair looked great - Kelli, Charlotte (although those blue contacts are crazy looking), Judy. Judy's hair looked like it did in early seasons and much healthier.

4) Could've done without the pee on the floor.

5) Yuko - cute when she smiles, definitely a great dancer, but the dubbing over was just weird.

6) I just don't get the 'Kyndall is sooooo beautiful and great'. She's pretty, but something about her is just off to me. Not anything shady or hateful, I just don't get it. Same goes for Emily, except I do get where she photographs strangely with her huge Disney Princess eyes. Seriously get her a red wig and send her to Disney.

7) Tasha - annoys the heck out of me. She has a good figure, she can dance, but I really, really, hate the look she's created for herself. Girl looks like she has on an inch of mortuary makeup and like she's wearing a mask. In drag. In Playboy. They can never say anything to Colby or Emily about being filled or frozen when Tasha looks like she has a layer of airbrushed latex trowelled onto her face and is waiting for Hugh Hefner. Maybe underneath all that gunk she isn't that cute. That's the first thing I assume when I see all that gunk on a girl's face.

Teen mom, ok. 19 isn't nearly as bad as the 17 reported here. She'd finished high school. I can't be mad at her for wanting to put on some makeup before taking pics in the hospital, either. Most women I know do that. I also don't think they portrayed her as a struggling sob story, or denied that her parents, etc., didn't help her. Now I personally think that when you bring a child into the world, priorities change and dreams of dancing, traveling, etc., should be replaced with getting job skills that allow you to financially support your family as well as actually being hands on while raising your child. That's a part of being a parent, even if your family is well off and supports you. It doesn't impress me that Tasha spent all that time dancing for multiple teams.

8) Speaking of 'what happened to her face' - Candace Romo. I like her. She's fun and personable. She seems intelligent. She also looks like she had a really bad nose job, too much botox and troweled on makeup. She was still a great choice for a judge.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent (last up to 3 weeks) so I have to wear them to places I wouldn't normally wear makeup, like the gym ? 

Most pro cheerleaders get their lash extensions done for free. DCC has an exclusive partnership with The Lash Lounge so they can get there's done regularly. Must be nice! 

I could never be bothered with false lashes, as I could never get them to look right, but I had a lash extension addiction for over a year. They're truly amazing. They can last ages, but I would get mine done weekly as I couldn't stand them not looking perfect. With the amount of eye makeup DCC are wearing (and therefore touching them to remove their makeup) I'd be surprised if they didn't need refills every week too.

Nowadays I've discovered Latisse ?

• Love 2

Holly P. Posted a pic of her eye at the end of her lash extensions session.  They look very pretty & natural.

Access Hollywood guy's little interviews....blah, but I agree that he did give good feedback & questions during the judges panel.

The country singer did have one small zinger last night, " oh god, no" lol

Watching Tasha last night, I couldn't remember whom she reminded me of.  I finally remembered, in the 90's, Trump was having an affair with Marla & his wife Ivana usually wore heavy makeup.  This totally aged her. I realized Tasha's heavily made up face reminds me of Ivanka.  After the Marla scene, Ivana appeared on a tv talk show with totally different makeup (almost like Marla's) and it took years off of her face. (She almost immediately went back to the heavy makeup). Without looking ahead, I wonder if they will give Tasha a makeup makeover to tone her down.  I doubt it though.  I remember a blonde TCC, the one who quit her job, being interviewed after she made the team & she was totally primped up with heavy makeup & that Dallas hair!

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 1

The prelim/semi-final episode is always difficult for me because I can never remember who's who so my comments will mostly be limited to people we saw last season or people who got a lot of focus.

It was a little weird to watch the segment where they all show up because it's never happened when it's raining before! I also liked some of the different language as has been referenced above, especially what they showed of Judy teaching the semi final routine.

Of the dancers I was super psyched to see Kelsey come back. I just love her and was glad they allowed her through to finals and I hope she kills the interview this time around. Also happy to see Kyndall and Selina give it a try again after they were cut so late last year.

I wonder if Auto Amy's kicks have improved. I hope we find out at some point. She really is a powerhouse though. Love her dancing. And wow to Jenna coming back after so long away. Her body is bangin but I agreed with the judge who said she looked so nervous.

Emily coming back after a few years.... I really liked her the first time around but I don't know she's fixed her frozen expression thing. It looked a little frozen at points during the ep. And I'm glad to see Madelaine again! Love her curly hair and I hope she makes it this year.

Of the new girls I wasn't thrilled with Yuko's interview segment, maybe because of the voiceover or something but I really liked her dancing. I agree with the blonde judge though who was worried about the language barrier.

Tasha.... Tasha Tasha Tasha.  Unfortunately she's got three things going against her for me. She has a Morgan story and I wasn't a fan of Morgan. She can't sit in the split and I'm getting sick of at least one flippin girl every year who has a kick issue. Ugh!

Finally her makeup is way too harsh. If she makes it to training camp I really hope they soften it A LOT!

Loved Royesha and Cersten. I think they're adorable and hope they do well in the finals. And I thought Maggie was adorable and was glad they put her through even though she had some trouble with the combo

Seeing the coming attractions..... Oh Caila. :-(

Can someone help me out? Did Access Hollywood show any of that crap Ramos was doing back stage or was that just for CMT? I was not a fan. I did like the opinions he offered during the judging though. He seemed to really take it seriously and I liked his comments there.

Didn't expect to like Candace Romo and I could REALLY have done without the pee segment but she forever endeared herself to me by outing her "sometimes you pee on yourself" issue so whoever did it wouldn't feel so embarrassed.

Just re-watching now and I see Shelbi from last season in some group segments. I wonder if she's improved enough to do a better job in training camp if she gets there. She was a hot mess dance wise last year.

Wow... commenting like I haven't been following the whole process in the spoiler thread is HARD. LOL

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 9

I loved the more polished look and feel of this season's first ep.

Throughout training camp I didn't have any strong feelings on the girls either way, but now...

Tasha was a nice surprise. I thought she seemed very likeable and sweet natured. 

Madeleine is more photogenic than she is video genic. I was so impressed by her new photos and how much it seemed she'd changed up her look, but on screen she doesn't seem to have changed as much. Maybe it's because the curls appear to streamline her face in photos. Still, LOVE HER and I'm very Team Maddy. And those are some cute curls, why fight them!?!

Yuko - cute. But I'm not seeing a compelling reason for her to make it far?

Auto Amy. Love her. And her hair is great like that.

Candace Romo seems relatable and lovely. 

Charlotte J - I totally get what people say when they aren't a fan of hers; but I think she's fine. I like that she seems much more involved this year and the input she's shown as giving seems more specific and meaningful than previous seasons.

SCRAP the fan vote and bring on a FAN JUDGE!!! I can think of a few lovely people here that I'd nominate to represent!

Can't wait for finals and checking in with the vets who're on the bubble... can't wait to see how it goes down (and seriously a 2 hour ep on finals would be so awesome...)

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Madeleine is more photogenic than she is video genic. I was so impressed by her new photos and how much it seemed she'd changed up her look, but on screen she doesn't seem to have changed as much. Maybe it's because the curls appear to streamline her face in photos. Still, LOVE HER and I'm very Team Maddy. And those are some cute curls, why fight them!?!

Yuko - cute. But I'm not seeing a compelling reason for her to make it far?

Candace Romo seems relatable and lovely. 

Charlotte J - I totally get what people say when they aren't a fan of hers; but I think she's fine. I like that she seems much more involved this year and the input she's shown as giving seems more specific and meaningful than previous seasons.

SCRAP the fan vote and bring on a FAN JUDGE!!! I can think of a few lovely people here that I'd nominate to represent!

Can't wait for finals and checking in with the vets who're on the bubble... can't wait to see how it goes down (and seriously a 2 hour ep on finals would be so awesome...)

Completely agree. I can get pretty emotional too, but I like when Madeline kinda laughed at "I promised myself I wouldn't cry this season." Oh Tasha. She can dance, for sure. She's mildly pretty. Completely agree on Yuko. I didn't see anything "wow" to trump the visa/language issues. With the news of Cersten's alleged attitude, my new favorite is Maggie. So pretty, with natural showmanship and great technique. Is she on show geoup?

2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Trivia question for you eagle-eyed viewers.  The huge full-size pictures of DCC that hang behind the judges.  I saw Jacee, Holly, Jennifer.... and then I thought I saw Paige - but that doesn't sound right. Was it Angela and I just merged the two together in my head?

That was Angela. 

• Love 2

Okay, been away for awhile and I waited till Season 11 aired to post! Finally saw the premier episode today from Amazon.com. My impressions:

1. I thought Kelli looked really good this year. She looks like she's a bit leaner than in the past 2, 3 years. She looks good! I know many are tired of the tube dresses she always wears, but maybe that's just her thing. Her body - she can dress it anyway she wants. :) I thought she looked great.

2. Didn't really care for the Access Hollywood guy being there and the episode time used on him. I understand wanting to get more promotional airtime for DCC:MTT, and AH probably aired promos for this season. But I'd rather have seen the dancers.

3. The episode seemed more fluid this season. I remember many of us talking about how sporadic and choppy last season seemed. (Though in the long run the extra bit of polish might give the show a "contrived" aura, but I don't mind it yet.)

4. I noticed there were even fewer candidates that last year. Then again, most of those auditioning seemed to have a solid dance background, and that's what DCC wants. Out of the 217-ish girls I counted (while pausing the episode!), still only 15 or so will get into TC.  Still, auditioning before a million-ish TV viewers can be intimidating, and I don't blame girls for not giving it a go if they're not confident in their shape or abilities. I suspect that once DCC:MTT stops airing on CMT, the auditioning candidate numbers will climb again.

5. I noticed there were fewer harsh comments about the prelim candidates from Kelli and Judy, possibly hoping being less critical "on air" will encourage more girls to audition next season.

6. They flashed a small glimpse of the doctor who has auditioned every year for the past 10, 15 years. That was nice! She said she never gets past prelims but she auditions because it keeps her in shape. Bravo to her!

7. It was good to see so many familiar past candidates auditioning again. Kelli, Judy and Charlotte would be prudent to bring several to TC and have at least a couple make the squad. That would encourage girls who've auditioned before to give it another shot.

8. I thought it was funny that in judging, Charlotte was the odd-man-out in not caring for one of the dancers. I thought she looked a little flummoxed then said something like, We all like different things, or have different tastes. Which is true, and always nice to have pointed out, even if your face is a little red. :)

9. To me it seemed as though we didn't see many actual dancing sequences, which was a let down. Even the girls learning the semi routine was very short and stunted. That's rather disappointing, since that's why we watch.  Then again, that could be because there were so many less candidates than in the past. (Plus, CMT probably sold a lot of ad airtime to earn a profit!)

Seems like the didn't highlight any great dancers like they have in the past. Again, maybe the dance sequences just went by so fast.  Or maybe they're just not getting the quality they've had in the past.

10. I was really pleased to see Jenna auditioning again, and really hope she makes the squad. She looked in shape and amazing! Less contrived than many of the other girls. (Of course, they're in Texas and that may work against her; don't know.) 

I think since the show has aired, not one re-auditioning former Vet has made the squad again. Prior to MTT, I know there were Vets who were cut or left the squad and came back to make the squad again. That hasn't happened since MTT has aired, so the chances of Jenna making it have just diminished. :(  Which is really sad because I thought she looked amazing.

11. As far as the dancing skills of the girls - who knows! We saw so little of anyone actually dancing, I'll withhold judgment until later episodes.

12. Regarding the featured girls: Yuko seems nice, though I hope she doesn't cry through the show. Tasha seems okay, though she's so made-up. She could loose a couple layers and still be gorgeous. I hope Kyndel makes it this year. This seems to be the make it/break it year for her, so I hope it's her "it" year. I like Madeline's curly hair, but didn't like her fuchsia lipstick. But whatever makes her world go round! 

Anyway, those are my impressions.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

After watching the first episode... TEAM TASHA. 

I can't help but laugh at people who look down on her for wearing makeup.... It's not that big of a deal.

I have eyelash extensions and it's so annoying when people think I'm wearing false lashes to the gym. And even if I was, why would it matter to you? 

I follow Tasha on snapchat and every single snap is of her daughter. She had a kid when she was 19, so what? You can tell she's a good mom. 

I'm also loving Yuko. Not sure why people are giving her a hard time about not being able to speak English. She literally just moved to the US lol. She'll catch on quickly. 

Also... Candace > Rycroft

*hugs you*

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Eyelash extensions are fake lashes that are applied to each lash individually and are usually done in a salon - there are very expensive, but look a lot more "real".   The thing that made me decide against them is allegedly they don't stay on when pulled or rubbed really hard while wet (like a swimming situation or just general makeup removal/showering) and only last about a week (which for what they cost is not long enough to me).  Maybe I misunderstood these downsides though and those of you who get them can tell me the real deal ;).

They are a common offering in salons that do acrylic/gel nails, waxing and pedicures in my area.   Think a new "set" (if that's what you'd call it) runs about $150, and filling/reapplying/maintaining them is somewhere around $95 each time.

Also, Peggy who does makeup for K&J has said extensions are bad for your real lashes and ultimately break them down and make them short and brittle. Then the next year, DCC gets an eyelash extension sponsor and the girls all wear and rave about lash-extensions. Everything is for sale!

I was surprised that (based on what was shown), Kelli and Judy had so little to say about Jenna. They spent a year with her, and I was expecting to hear more about her time as DCC (how was she as a performer, teammate, etc.), especially since she was never featured on the show. I get that the show is edited, but you wouldn't even know that they knew her. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

@dalgal214 Who doesn't make it to semis besides the obvious... Overweight, terrible dancers. Is it mainly just poor dancers who don't make it? 

Do you know anything about Katie from Flower Mound who was cut after semis?

Which vets helped at semis? I spotted Holly Arielle and Jacie.

I really liked that Katie from Flower Mound and the judges criticized her for being too good? I already deleted the program from my DVR, but I recall that someone on the panel said she performed the routine perfectly but Kelly and Charlotte both kind of sneered at her. I'll never understand them. It particularly ticked me off because I've been doing a re-watch of season 2 and during the evaluation of Lonnie they said she didn't have the kicks, couldn't do the splits or turns and I think one other thing, and then she was the first one they called into training camp, but they turned away others who were good and could do those things. I'm just so tired of them selecting girls on their looks alone. And sorry, but I don't get the Yuko love, although to be fair we really didn't see much of anyone's skills in this episode. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

I really liked that Katie from Flower Mound and the judges criticized her for being too good? I already deleted the program from my DVR, but I recall that someone on the panel said she performed the routine perfectly but Kelly and Charlotte both kind of sneered at her. I'll never understand them. It particularly ticked me off because I've been doing a re-watch of season 2 and during the evaluation of Lonnie they said she didn't have the kicks, couldn't do the splits or turns and I think one other thing, and then she was the first one they called into training camp, but they turned away others who were good and could do those things. I'm just so tired of them selecting girls on their looks alone. And sorry, but I don't get the Yuko love, although to be fair we really didn't see much of anyone's skills in this episode. 

If I remember correctly, they said Katie was "clean but boring" Probably didn't have the ever necessary 'power and projection'

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

6)... Same goes for Emily, except I do get where she photographs strangely with her huge Disney Princess eyes. Seriously get her a red wig and send her to Disney.

In the name of all that's holy I beg you, NO to the red wig!!! We redheads only have one Disney princess - Ariel - and don't need Emily as another. Why not a brunette wig and she can be Belle or Jasmine or Snow White or Rapunzel?  Or let her go with her dark blonde / brown hair and she could be Bambi. 

8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It's Dallas CowboyS Cheerleaders. When these girls trying out say Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, it drives me freaking nuts.

Even Candice was mispronouncing it! I lost count of how many times I said "It's CowboyS! With an S!" at the tv.

10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I need to rewatch it, I guess, because I didn't get that angle at ALL - I didn't think they portrayed her as a 'struggling single mom' (i.e. poor mom living on the streets) so much as a young women who had big dreams and lots of potential and having to fight back against criticism from others that she couldn't do any of that now that she had a baby. I'm sure she was in a similar position to Morgan - supportive parents who let her live at home and helped take care of Ivy when she was dancing.  And she gets blasted constantly for all her modeling pics and ads but that's dolla dolla bills, y'all.  We can disagree on proper ways to make money but at least she wasn't just being a lazy butt sitting around doing nothing and taking advantage of her privilege (if she even had that, i'm just assuming).  

Again, Im' sure someone will respond to tell me what getting a REAL job means and REAL struggle so I will just say in advance I agree to disagree :)  

Jacie, Holly A and Mia helped Judy teach the combo. 

And I don't think we can go off numbers to see how many total were there...I think people have said before they don't go directly in order. Correct me if I'm wrong on that! 

TOTALLY agree with the Tasha comment.  She has been given the gift of beauty and she SHOULD utilize that gift.  I have not seen modeling pictures of her but hey, you do what you gotta do in life to get through it (as long as you are not hurting anyone of course)!

Edited by missmansfield
missed word
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow. I don’t know where you live but here in LA my salon is $50 - $65.  Sorry to go off topic moderators!!!!

One more thing: glad they are giving us the judges names and where they are from.  They do read these boards!!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Yes, Tasha clearly has a wealthy family who took care of her when she got knocked up as a teenager.  How classy, right? Yeah, just the kind of woman we should have little girls looking up to.  Ugh.  What was Kelli thinking?

Btw, I hope she sued whoever did her nose job.  Terrible.

Her teeth are jagged, am I the only one who noticed that? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I was surprised that (based on what was shown), Kelli and Judy had so little to say about Jenna. They spent a year with her, and I was expecting to hear more about her time as DCC (how was she as a performer, teammate, etc.), especially since she was never featured on the show. I get that the show is edited, but you wouldn't even know that they knew her. 

Yeah.

I was surprised by Jenna; for a former DCC, her hair & makeup were definitely not on point. I'd be surprised if she makes it back.

ETA: maybe nothing was shown as Kelli and Judy didn't have anything nice to say about her either apart from "body looks great"...

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It's Dallas CowboyS Cheerleaders. When these girls trying out say Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, it drives me freaking nuts.

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time but this is my first post.  I just had to say I agree 1000%.  Considering that many of them claim that being a DCC is a lifelong dream you'd think they'd know the correct name of the flipping team.  Completely drives me out of my nut when they drop the doggone "s".

• Love 5

It was a small audition this year.  I have no idea why but even going back and looking at the whiteboard it was way less filled in and there were a lot of empty slots.  I don't remember the boxes being on the whiteboard from previous years, is that new?

I think the makeup issues (Emily, Tasha) would be easily fixed with the makeovers so having them not make it because of their appearance would be unfortunate.  

There seemed to be a lot more camera angles, technique, an d variety this year.  I'm wondering if the production company hired someone new who is playing with how they film.  

All in all my biggest wow was how small the tryouts were.  

• Love 3

How about how that NC State Kylee girl said in her intro to the judges how she was born during one of the super bowls where the Cowboys beat the Buffalo Bills - probably my biggest "wow I am old!" moment so far this year :/.     I wonder if Kelli, Judy and Charlotte felt the same way, and they are even older than me ;).

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2

But, how could you forget the FIERCEST, red-headed Disney Princess----Merida!!

She's my favorite. Girl-crush material here. Especially her hair!!

It's amazing that y'all can remember and know the names of these girls who were on screen for a few seconds. 

I don't want to know names or get attached to them until at least 3 or 4 episodes in. ?

Mrs. Romo seemed so nice! She did do something to her face though. Too bad, she's still so young. 

• Love 2

Guys if you can't use spoiler tags we're just going to start hiding your posts. If you want to talk about spoilers go to spoilers and speculation.

This is an episode thread and you should only be talking about THIS episode. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, radishcake said:

Guys if you can't use spoiler tags we're just going to start hiding your posts. If you want to talk about spoilers go to spoilers and speculation.

Can you remind me how to do spoiler tags?  I couldn't remember how so I just edited and deleted spoiler stuff out of my posts shortly after.

This episode was less than 40 minutes long (without commercials) and we still had to waste time watching Anthony Ramos talk to the girls about their outfits while they were trying to get ready. The stupid thing is that the first episode is the one that should need the least amount of padding because there's lots of dancing! It cracked me up that there were at least two girls who did some DCC choreography during the preliminary round. And I laughed my ass off when Kelly said that the kickline is a deal breaker during semi-finals. Giiiiirl, please. If that were true, you wouldn't be calling people into your office during training camp and telling them that their kicks are tight.

On a shallow note, Kelli needs to lay off the blush. In some shots, it was ridiculous.

Hee, extra credit to Candice Romo for admitting that sometimes you pee your pants. She and the Access Hollywood guy had some good comments during judging and I appreciate that Candice spoke up for Katie (who Kelli called boring) and said that she knew all the choreography perfectly.

Even if they hadn't spoiled who makes it to training camp with the little preview at the beginning of the episode, I knew that the girl from Japan would make it to training camp because Kelly loves having girls who are from other countries on the team and she knows that the DCC can really use the visual diversity. Aside from Janelle, I remember there was another girl from Japan who was on the team several years ago.

Oh, Tasha, I am totally fine with you wanting to be a DCC, but please don't paint it as doing it to prove something to your daughter. Just say that YOU want to do it.

Okay - I thought Yuko was sooooo annoying.  Like wow.   Not attractive or a good dancer either.   They had to dub a voice track that could speak English on top of her interviews that's a how poor her English is!

The segment that they dubbed over was when Yuko was speaking Japanese. Before that, she was speaking English and her grammar was fine.  The dubbing wasn't because she was speaking mangled English or her accent was too hard to understand. Having an accent doesn't mean that your English is bad either. I have worked with a lot of international post-docs and I can tell you that their English grammar is far superior to many of the people who were born and raised in the United States. I can assure you that not a single person I know who moved here as an adult has ever uttered things like "Chase and I's relationship," "between you and I," or "your guys's" (all things that I frequently hear native speakers say/write). A lot of people who come here are very self-conscious about their accents and are afraid that they are making mistakes when speaking so in situations where they are interviewed, they sometimes ask for a translator because the translator is less apt to make any kind of grammar or syntax errors.

In the stadium, with a wide shot of all the girls seated,  we froze the frame. There are approximately 215 girls. Unless there is an entire section not shown in the clip I don't know how they got audition numbers going up to 500.

Now I'm gonna go re watch to see what the highest number is on the prelim board.

There weren't 500 girls last year either because I remember I freeze framed and counted how many rows of girls there were in the stadium! The last number on the prelim board was 525 but there were some big gaps. There was only one person in the 400s who made it to semis.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, radishcake said:

We can't go to spoilers and speculations. The thread is locked.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Wow. I don’t know where you live but here in LA my salon is $50 - $65.  Sorry to go off topic moderators!!!!

One more thing: glad they are giving us the judges names and where they are from.  They do read these boards!!!!

I work in a salon/spa in Austin tx and we charge 300plus depending on what kind are used for a full set of lashes and 130 plus for a fill! Haha. Ok sorry sorry mods. Enough about lashes ;)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Even Candice was mispronouncing it! I lost count of how many times I said "It's CowboyS! With an S!" at the tv.

I always remember Charlotte asking in an interview is it Cowboy or Cowboys and I believe it was Jordan Baum who said it was Cowboy.  Charlotte said it was CowboyS because there was more than one of them.

I have read through the comments and I am so excited!!! Here are my thoughts:

- Kelli is truly a beautiful and stunning woman, no matter her size or age. She has a quality about her that not many have and she knows it. I have to assume that men hit on her all the time even though she is married. She is a head turner and an inspiration for me. I do think she could do better than those dresses but she loves them and so good for her. 

-Judy is the same! She also looks good and has a great figure and hair. Those are the two best features she has going for her. Her shape is really pretty. I am not convinced she is a true choreographer but she clearly has been successful so what do I know. 

-I don't have a fondness for Kendall at all. I don't see her appeal. I think she is fine. She is cute and has nice hair but I don't think she really is much to write home about.

- not a fan of auto Amy. I do find her to be muscular and she has those tiny short legs. She probably is a good dancer but those legs won't do well in the boot and everyone knows it. They already said it to her! Plus there is something about her that I don't trust. Not sure why. Maybe the raunchy dancing at the snoop concert. 

-love the girl from NC. She is a real winner in my book and is everything DCC looks for. I loved her sweetness. 

-really hope they give the girl that was cut for weight an honest chance. I think she looked good and kind of wholesome. Let her in. It shows a lot of tenacity and determination

-Emily Rosalyn looked incredible. I was stunned by her progress looks wise. She is a very pretty girl and I think she would be a great DCC. Can't recall her dancing but I loved her look. Not understanding what others say about her eyes. They look fine to me. Big, yes, but what is wrong with that?

-could not stand the hair guy. I liked the small Asian guy from before. What happened to him?

- the Japanese girl was neither here nor there for me

-I agree they should have a fan judge. I think we are all highly qualified !! I have thought about that many times before

-gotta laugh when Kelli explains the scoring system. It is so simple and yet she explains it like it is very complex. I developed this scoring system years ago to make it easy for the judges during the competition. It is a 3 level system. I tell the judges put a yes for a girl you know you love and want to see back. Put a no if you don't like her, don't see it happening, and don't think she has what it takes. For those that you are on the fence about, put a maybe. I always laugh each year and wait for it! It is hilarious! 

• Love 6

Only on the Internet would parents supporting their pregnant teenage daughter be viewed as trashy and pathetic:)  The jealousy of these girls in the Dallas dance world seems to run so deep -- definitely not something I would understand as a non-Texan.

FWIW, having known someone in a similar position, everyone is much better off when the mother and child have support from day one. Letting the mom finish school or establish her career is better for everyone in the long run. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Only on the Internet would parents supporting their pregnant teenage daughter be viewed as trashy and pathetic:)  The jealousy of these girls in the Dallas dance world seems to run so deep -- definitely not something I would understand as a non-Texan.

FWIW, having known someone in a similar position, everyone is much better off when the mother and child have support from day one. Letting the mom finish school or establish her career is better for everyone in the long run. 

Tasha's family wasn't supporting the development of a long term professional career that she could use to support her daughter - like nursing, teaching, accounting, etc. - they were supporting her dream to dance in skimpy outfits at pro sports games - sporting expensive cosmetic luxuries like acrylic nails, hair/eyelash extensions and spray tans - all so she can make hardly any money doing something w/ a very short shelf life.   Big difference.   I guess it's the same thing as Morgan, but somehow the Morgan situation didn't seem as trashy? - maybe cause Morgan at least waited until her daughter was 2.   Doing the math, Tasha had to be out there auditioning for the Jazz before her daughter could even crawl.  I also wonder what the timing of her breast implants was - did her family pay for those too?

I guess it all worked out cause Tasha snagged herself a man who appears to have money (maybe), but still I'd hardly call the situation role-model worthy. 

And werent people saying this guy is her 3rd husband?  Did she marry the biological father of the baby, get a divorce, marry someone else inbetween, get another divorce, and now marry this guy?

• Love 3

Texas is funny.

I had to laugh at Charolotte's "there is a look for everyone" quote.  I had goggled Candice Romo and you get tons of picture of this year's Cowboys wives and girlfriends fashion show. Charlotte's daughter walked in it. lol yes Charlotte thank god there IS a look for everyone.

Also it will always be hysterical to me that Paige walked in that show and there is not a damn thing Charlotte could go about it.

• Love 4

If you want to discuss spoilers please take your posts to the Current DCCs, The Rejected, and DCC Media threads. These three threads are set up for spoiler talk. Also do not become snippy when someone ask a question on here. Everyone has a right to ask questions and not be told in an uncivil way about where to look for the answer.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Is this episode on cmt yet?

yup!! 

2 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

I have read through the comments and I am so excited!!! Here are my thoughts:

- Kelli is truly a beautiful and stunning woman, no matter her size or age. She has a quality about her that not many have and she knows it. I have to assume that men hit on her all the time even though she is married. She is a head turner and an inspiration for me. I do think she could do better than those dresses but she loves them and so good for her. 

-Judy is the same! She also looks good and has a great figure and hair. Those are the two best features she has going for her. Her shape is really pretty. I am not convinced she is a true choreographer but she clearly has been successful so what do I know. 

-I don't have a fondness for Kendall at all. I don't see her appeal. I think she is fine. She is cute and has nice hair but I don't think she really is much to write home about.

- not a fan of auto Amy. I do find her to be muscular and she has those tiny short legs. She probably is a good dancer but those legs won't do well in the boot and everyone knows it. They already said it to her! Plus there is something about her that I don't trust. Not sure why. Maybe the raunchy dancing at the snoop concert. 

-love the girl from NC. She is a real winner in my book and is everything DCC looks for. I loved her sweetness. 

-really hope they give the girl that was cut for weight an honest chance. I think she looked good and kind of wholesome. Let her in. It shows a lot of tenacity and determination

-Emily Rosalyn looked incredible. I was stunned by her progress looks wise. She is a very pretty girl and I think she would be a great DCC. Can't recall her dancing but I loved her look. Not understanding what others say about her eyes. They look fine to me. Big, yes, but what is wrong with that?

-could not stand the hair guy. I liked the small Asian guy from before. What happened to him?

- the Japanese girl was neither here nor there for me

-I agree they should have a fan judge. I think we are all highly qualified !! I have thought about that many times before

-gotta laugh when Kelli explains the scoring system. It is so simple and yet she explains it like it is very complex. I developed this scoring system years ago to make it easy for the judges during the competition. It is a 3 level system. I tell the judges put a yes for a girl you know you love and want to see back. Put a no if you don't like her, don't see it happening, and don't think she has what it takes. For those that you are on the fence about, put a maybe. I always laugh each year and wait for it! It is hilarious! 

haha same!! I always wait for one of the judges to be like, "oh shoot! darn! i put NO down for that one girl when I actually loved her.  I didn't realize we were supposed to put YES for the ones we wanted!! Augh Kelli, you're killing me, girl!!" ;-D 

• Love 5