Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Wow, I know she is just a kid, mugging. But it reminds me of Michelle's crazy-eyes face during the Megyn Kelly interview.

Well, I'm sure Michelle makes that face a lot. It's probably like the way couples come to resemble each other. The kids have seen that eyes-alarmingly-wide look so often that some of them just unconsciously copy it themselves. (Poor kids.)

• Love 5

Wow, I know she is just a kid, mugging. But it reminds me of Michelle's crazy-eyes face during the Megyn Kelly interview.

Yep - me too. Josie is a dead ringer for Me-chelle physically. And likely to be very much the same in other respects too. Both are family lastborns, and it sounds like Me-chelle's parents checked out long before she was raised, much like Boob & Me-chelle checked out on their litter around child #7 or 8. I do feel safe saying we probably won't hear bikini-wearing lawn mower stories about Josie ad nauseam however.

• Love 7

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1452707105./759520497514935/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

This has to be an old photo, right? I assume Derick is still in CA immersing himself in all things Spanish.

The Duggars have a very nice basketball court. I suppose JB thinks it makes up for the boys not being allowed to play with heathens at the local park or gym or SCHOOL!

It cracks me up how the Duggars dressed all matchy for the TV, usually in kackies and polo shirts all buttoned up. In real life, they're in tees and jeans, not indifferently to all of us.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 1

The Duggars have been posting a ton of older pictures on their FB since the Jill and Jessa specials started airing. 

One of the Howlers wore one of those stupid Roe v. Wade shirts while filming. TLC actually blurred it out. LMAO

• Love 3

The Duggars have been posting a ton of older pictures on their FB since the Jill and Jessa specials started airing.

One of the Howlers wore one of those stupid Roe v. Wade shirts while filming. TLC actually blurred it out. LMAO

JimChelle might not notice that Josiah, Justin, the J-iah twins etc look way different compared to 2009. I think Josiah's been hitting the Sun-In and fake tanner. His hair used to be darker than his skin, now it's the reverse. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Every time this pops up I find myself staring at it, not quite believing that it is real. Yet...it is real.

Truly awesome. At one point it definitely looks like she's saying WHAT THE HELL.

• Love 1

Can we talk about my favorite Duggar, Amy? Umm is she really pregnant? Are they saving the announcement for when Josh is being released from Jesus Jail? I would think Amy being pregnant to be a good story that would distract from Josh being sent to a place where he prayed away his sins vs. getting real help.

Thought this was funny about the J names. My son said different consultants from companies he works with are named Joe, Jim, John & George. I told him they sound like the Duggars & George should spell his name with a J, like Jinger.

• Love 2

The comments are absolutely irresistible. 

"This is a very attractive family. I wish some satellite channel would pick this show up. Telling of their trials and triumphs as a family helps a lot of other families. Cancel the immoral show Sister Wives and put this back on."

"Happy birthday, Jordyn!"

"She is getting so big!" even though it's a TBT photo from years ago.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7

The comments are absolutely irresistible. 

"This is a very attractive family. I wish some satellite channel would pick this show up. Telling of their trials and triumphs as a family helps a lot of other families. Cancel the immoral show Sister Wives and put this back on."

"Happy birthday, Jordyn!"

"She is getting so big!" even though it's a TBT photo from years ago.

Fucking brilliant! I especially love the self-righteous shade thrown at the "immoral" Sister Wives. The Browns are twelve kinds of crazy, but so far we haven't heard that their oldest son molested his little sisters. Pot, meet kettle.
  • Love 10

Oh I wish someone in the family would bother to train as a hairdresser.

I agree but it really doesn't matter with the guys. I'm giving Justin about 5 years til he has the receding hairline. On the other hand, having a family hair dresser could help in styling it better.

Who needs hair school when you can just plop a bowl on a head and buzz around it with some Goodwill clippers?

Seriously, I KNOW! I seriously think JimBob is too cheap, two of the girls haven't volunteered to go together, plus you'd be around some really scary weirdos, probably criminals and molestors, who have green hair and tattoos! (Ok strike weirdos and molestors, because they know about those first hand).

JimBob is probably afraid that at cosmetology or barber school they'd learn something about hygiene and also have a means of income incase they wanted to escape.

Being a stylist would be a great way to have a home based businesses only associating with other women with your beliefs. Throw in some self tanning and makeup, and they could earn a fortune from those huge wedding parties alone. Plus I'm sure that JimBob would love be girls doing something he thought he would not have to report 100% of their earnings and just have cash under the table.

Now barber school would also be a good option for the boys, but I guess if these people just have their wives or daughters stick a bowl on their heads, no need for a real hair cut.

• Love 7

When I see pix of the girls with their long hair I first think of Locks of Love and then I think how cute they would be with shorter more modern dos.

But that would mean doing something, er, charitable. And modern

Oh well.

• Love 7

The girls don't understand that long hair isn't pretty when it's a frizzy, dried out mess of split ends. Joy's hair is the healthiest because she avoided the over-processed Ramen noodle home perm phase. The other J'Slaves need to hack a good 6-8 inches off minimum to get their hair back in shape.

• Love 6

There used to be a casual family restaurant near my college apartment (early 2000s) that was owned by a Holiness Pentecostal family. All of their employees were family or from their church.

All of the women wore long skirts and long hair at least to their waists. Of course in the kitchen they had to wear hairnets, butservers and hostesses either had buns, a braid or long, loose hair. The long loose hair usually looked like a ragged horse tail, but they WANTED that look. If it looked trimmed and moisturized, it mean they'd cut their hair. I always suspected the younger women wore a big French braid to hide their trimmed hair or shorter (as in bra strap length).

Now what was interesting, is that most of the over 40 women had big poofed up teased Ellie May Clampett teased fronts with a bun on the back. I don't know why hey could cut the front to do a big 1960s tease with a a bun in the back - like Miss Kitty from gun smoke or something- but couldn't cut the length. Some of the younger women had light bangs or side bangs when they came back in, or even the Erin Bates tendrils, but never trimmed the back. Funny note that NONE had the 80s Michelle Duggar poof.

The main hostess who I think was the owners daughter? had this really pretty, glossy, 1980 Jayne Seymour/Crystal Gail looking do, down to her knees, but the last foot of hair looked like a horse. Her hair was the most impressive to them, because it had never been cut. She was the rockstar.

Anyway......my point is that I don't think any of the Duggar girls will be convinced to get a Posh Spice stacked bob or anything, but seriously, good trims now and then will do a world of wonders and honestly, when hair gets past your bra strap, it looked the same to me 3" longer, 6" longer, etc.

There used to be a casual family restaurant near my college apartment (early 2000s) that was owned by a Holiness Pentecostal family. All of their employees were family or from their church.

All of the women wore long skirts and long hair at least to their waists. Of course in the kitchen they had to wear hairnets, butservers and hostesses either had buns, a braid or long, loose hair. The long loose hair usually looked like a ragged horse tail, but they WANTED that look. If it looked trimmed and moisturized, it mean they'd cut their hair. I always suspected the younger women wore a big French braid to hide their trimmed hair or shorter (as in bra strap length).

Now what was interesting, is that most of the over 40 women had big poofed up teased Ellie May Clampett teased fronts with a bun on the back. I don't know why hey could cut the front to do a big 1960s tease with a a bun in the back - like Miss Kitty from gun smoke or something- but couldn't cut the length. Some of the younger women had light bangs or side bangs when they came back in, or even the Erin Bates tendrils, but never trimmed the back. Funny note that NONE had the 80s Michelle Duggar poof.

The main hostess who I think was the owners daughter? had this really pretty, glossy, 1980 Jayne Seymour/Crystal Gail looking do, down to her knees, but the last foot of hair looked like a horse. Her hair was the most impressive to them, because it had never been cut. She was the rockstar.

Anyway......my point is that I don't think any of the Duggar girls will be convinced to get a Posh Spice stacked bob or anything, but seriously, good trims now and then will do a world of wonders and honestly, when hair gets past your bra strap, it looked the same to me 3" longer, 6" longer, etc.

• Love 3

Who needs hair school when you can just plop a bowl on a head and buzz around it with some Goodwill clippers?

Seriously, I KNOW! I seriously think JimBob is too cheap, two of the girls haven't volunteered to go together, plus you'd be around some really scary weirdos, probably criminals and molestors, who have green hair and tattoos! (Ok strike weirdos and molestors, because they know about those first hand).

JimBob is probably afraid that at cosmetology or barber school they'd learn something about hygiene and also have a means of income incase they wanted to escape.

Being a stylist would be a great way to have a home based businesses only associating with other women with your beliefs. Throw in some self tanning and makeup, and they could earn a fortune from those huge wedding parties alone. Plus I'm sure that JimBob would love be girls doing something he thought he would not have to report 100% of their earnings and just have cash under the table.

Now barber school would also be a good option for the boys, but I guess if these people just have their wives or daughters stick a bowl on their heads, no need for a real hair cut.

The only downside is, the girls might be inspired by Satan to cut off their long curly hair into something more modern and defrauding, by which I mean flattering.

• Love 4

The girls don't understand that long hair isn't pretty when it's a frizzy, dried out mess of split ends. Joy's hair is the healthiest because she avoided the over-processed Ramen noodle home perm phase. The other J'Slaves need to hack a good 6-8 inches off minimum to get their hair back in shape.

Guess which J-Slave this is?

jb7cd4.jpg

• Love 1