Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

While I personally would not wear floral pants (they're just not my thing), that is such a nice, normal looking picture of them. They could be any couple in their mid twenties, just hanging out on their porch.

She got quite the push-me-up bodice because she's not much more than a B cup. She also looks like she gained a lot of weight. Since most of her IG pics this last month featured the junk food she was eating at the time, this doesn't surprise me. 

I guess we all now know why no pictures leaked today. She sold out to People for her last famewhoring payday. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

duggar-wedding-01-435.jpg

Her dress was comp'd by a wedding store (she has featured them in Tweets) --- they couldn't even give her one that fit?

Or, those are the breasts of an expectant mother.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8

I said the same thing! I said she has to be pregnant....her breasts and wedding dress covering a bump? I don't care either way...but it is what it is....IF that is the case...that is definitely not a Duggar type wedding dress. Plus marriage after two months of being engaged? hmmmmmm

• Love 6

I keep coming back to what (iirc Alice) said in that Mary runs the show. So, I think it was Mary who made sure Amy was featured on the show, even though Jim Bob and Michelle were very much against it.     Amy after all is just as much a granddaughter to her as the other grandkids.  

Amy also was the only child to breathe some life into the show.  She had what seemed like a real personality, she could laugh, smile and joke around.

I think at this point Amy wants as little to do with her relatives as possible and Mary is fine with it.  

Mary probably wants to change her name at this point too.  There was something creepy about her husband and now the world knows she raised a really creepy son.

Quite frankly, I get a lot of "creepy" from Mary herself. I suspect she is much more "verbal" off the record than we'd ever guess, but on camera she's just the proverbial sweet old Grandma-type. There have been numerous reports that she was very active, back in the day, in soliciting freebies for Boob's too-large family, from all over town. She never seemed all that crazy about Boob's dad, though she might have had good reasons. But she didn't even defend the poor guy when he was days from death and being propelled all over the first floor of the TTH in a wheeled office chair. And she certainly got widely-disparate results when it comes to child-rearing. At one end of the spectrum, there's Boob and Gothardism. At the other end, a daughter who behaved very nearly the opposite of her brother in every way [kudos Deanna]. Definitely makes me wonder about Grandma Mary...

• Love 4

I said the same thing! I said she has to be pregnant....her breasts and wedding dress covering a bump? I don't care either way...but it is what it is....IF that is the case...that is definitely not a Duggar type wedding dress. Plus marriage after two months of being engaged? hmmmmmm

Oh dear. After seeing the photo above, and with having such a short engagement, I'm guessing Amy is pregnant too. Hey, she's coming up on 30. Time's a wasting, girls. Reminds me of a cousin of mine who "dated" her boyfriend for 14 years and then suddenly got pregnant in her mid 30s. Uh-huh. Let me park the turnip truck, then I'll be right back and we can talk...

• Love 3

Her left breast is pretty much in contact with her collar bone. She most likely has back fat shoved into the cups of that bra along with the padding.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Honestly--and this is coming from someone who isn't all that enamored with Amy--I think she looks just beautiful. If she wants to bare some cleavage, well, you're only young once! I'd much rather see her embracing her sexuality than covering up to please the patriarch. I do believe the the huggy-squeezy pose they're in is doing a little of the pushing up, but there's no doubt she's comfortable showing skin. That's okay with me. I wish my own decolletage was still so smooth! And if she was at all swayed to pick that dress as a great big nonverbal fuck you to the rest of the Duggars, you go, Amy.

• Love 12

The first time I clicked on that link the picture was of Amy and Dill sitting on their porch together. It wasn't until the second time that the picture was the wedding dress shot. Weird.

I experienced the same thing. When the article was first posted there was no wedding picture hense why I asked. I'm not sure about that dress. I expected something with BLING. This dress is way too plain. She needed some pearls so we wouldn't be so focused on what God gave her. I'm completely defrauded.

• Love 4

How are the Duggar boys going to be able to congratulate their cousin? And what are Jessa & Jill doing with their husbands, covering their eyes?

ETA: Iz is prob thinking LUNCH.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7

This is the perennial debate in the Say Yes to the Dress forum. It's good that she feels beautiful. I'm just not sure that a religious family wedding ceremony is an appropriate place to push your breasts up around your chin.

• Love 9

This is the perennial debate in the Say Yes to the Dress forum. It's good that she feels beautiful. I'm just not sure that a religious family wedding ceremony is an appropriate place to push your breasts up around your chin.

Not sure how religious it was, they were married on a farm.

• Love 5

That is a seriously strange boob situation. They are SO far above the actual dress, it appears as though they are being hoisted up by something not of this world. Is it Jesus? I'm honestly not sure what or who else could make that happen.

Jesus Jugs?

• Love 6

Why does her smile look like she's in pain? She always looks like she's either hurting or forcing the smile. I suspect she thinks that smile is "perky" and "cute."

That must be Amy's counterpart to Jill's mile-high-eyebrows look. I'm sure that they both believe their smiles connote warmth and enthusiasm. Instead of an urgent need for a muscle relaxant.

• Love 8

In her defense, I just attended a wedding a few weeks ago, and the bride explained how those strapless dresses are engineered up the wazoo. They are so stiff and formed that they can  stand up on their own. In that pic, it looks like he is holding her tightly around the waist, which is making the top of the dress pull away as a unit. I'll wait and see what the rest of the pix look like.

I think it's more important to find out which of the lesser Osmond brothers was touring thru Arkansas about 29 years ago.

I agree with you on the dress and BAHHAAAAAAA on the Osmond baby daddy pondering.

• Love 2

Not sure how religious it was, they were married on a farm.

Yeah, agreed. Churches may require brides to cover up, but they're not in one, and Amy has never seemed overly fundie, so it seemed fine. If the other Duggars felt offended or defrauded, well, they've got some nerve considering their dirty laundry beats lots of cleavage any day. You can't tell me they didn't know beforehand what the dress would be like.

Also I skimmed the PEOPLE article and it makes NO mention of Josh being there, and cleverly tries to skirt the issue. I wouldn't want his ass there either. The question is, who made the final decision on him not being there?

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8

Aww, Amy thinks they were there to see her. They were there for the People mention, like this one: "Her cousin Jill also made a stop at the wedding with her family, taking a break from the family's mission work in El Salvador."

• Love 7

Yeah, agreed. Churches may require brides to cover up, but they're not in one, and Amy has never seemed overly fundie, so it seemed fine. If the other Duggars felt offended or defrauded, well, they've got some nerve considering their dirty laundry beats lots of cleavage any day. You can't tell me they didn't know beforehand what the dress would be like.

It's not whether she's an observant evangelical, or whether she was in a church. It's that a religious ceremony, and my understanding was that she was married by a preacher and not by a Justice of the Peace, is about joining each other as a family in front of God. I don't see where Hey, look at me, I have tits! is really a part of that day.

Now, personally I have never believed that Amy would have even pretended to be evangelical if she hadn't seen a shot at the main chance, and hey, shine on you crazy zircon. But if she's determined to market herself as "the rebel," she should nad up and acknowledge that she's not a member of the community she's 'rebelling' against. Or, conversely, she can do what everyone else who's not trying to get a reality show does and cover her breasts so the preacher doesn't have to look at them.

• Love 4

It's not whether she's an observant evangelical, or whether she was in a church. It's that a religious ceremony, and my understanding was that she was married by a preacher and not by a Justice of the Peace, is about joining each other as a family in front of God. I don't see where Hey, look at me, I have tits! is really a part of that day.

I get that....maybe she wore a bolero for the ceremony? I mean, you'd think if the preacher didn't feel it was appropriate, it was something they'd have discussed beforehand and it would have been one of his requirements to cover up.

Agreed that this is one more rebellion of Amy's. A larger scale version of Jessa's blush dress, if you will.

• Love 4

Her left breast is pretty much in contact with her collar bone. She most likely has back fat shoved into the cups of that bra along with the padding.

those damn collar bones! ;)

Aww, Amy thinks they were there to see her. They were there for the People mention, like this one: "Her cousin Jill also made a stop at the wedding with her family, taking a break from the family's mission work in El Salvador."

As missionaries, they sure do take a lot of breaks and fly back to the states....a LOT....hmm

• Love 6