Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have often wondered about J'chelle and post partum depression.  I cannot imagine that with 19 kids, she never had an issue.  And, having a couple of friends that had to deal with that, I know that one of the symptoms is a lack of interest in the baby.  You know you should feel happiness and wonder, but you just can't.  Perhaps this is why she started handing the kids over to be raised by sister mom's?  And of course, even if she consulted the doctor in her 6 week checkup, I can't see her or Jim Bob getting therapy or using anti-depressents or other drugs for her treatment.  I'm sure they would just turn it all over to god.  

Oddly enough, I looked up information on post-partum depression, and it says that an inadequate diet - one that is heavy on processed foods, can make the condition worse, as does social isolation.  And we all have mentioned their diet, and it's not like she has work friends, or goes to church every week.   Hmm, makes me wonder.  

Even if she did have PPD many nursing moms refuse medication and even more women refuse medication during pregnancy. However, they do that out of concern for negative impacts on the baby. Michelle seems to put Michelle first, so who knows what she would do, and I don't think they're anti medication although psych meds are a whole different thing for many.

Poor diet, lack of sleep effects all mental health issues and isolation is usually a symptom, however many new moms feel isolated by having little help with the demands of a newborn. After the first 5 kids Michelle was anything but isolated. She started getting help from outsiders and eventually JB became a stay at home parent presence at well.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, graefin said:

I remember that scene. What was so noteworthy about it was that it was apparent that Michelle was just clueless as to the proper emotional response to the situation. Even Jim Bob responded, "it's not funny" as he worked to free her while Michelle laughed liked an airhead, but she didn't take the cue. She really must have an affective disorder, and/or it's just more evidence of her narcissism (i.e., lack of ability to empathize).

Could it be that neurological issue Pseudobulbar affect that Danny Glover does commercials about?  I personally don't think so but who knows.  Or she is just really not firing with all cylinders.  I think she never developed a heart for children but liked the adulation of shooting out a millionth blessing (and is that mean girl that laughed at others misfortunes).  You know, like animal hoarders that lose interest after the puppy/kitten stage.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if she did have PPD many nursing moms refuse medication and even more women refuse medication during pregnancy. However, they do that out of concern for negative impacts on the baby. Michelle seems to put Michelle first, so who knows what she would do, and I don't think they're anti medication although psych meds are a whole different thing for many.

Poor diet, lack of sleep effects all mental health issues and isolation is usually a symptom, however many new moms feel isolated by having little help with the demands of a newborn. After the first 5 kids Michelle was anything but isolated. She started getting help from outsiders and eventually JB became a stay at home parent presence at well.

Yes, GeeGolly, thank you for reading my brain that apparently needs more coffee.  I've known several folks that will take regular medication but refuse any type of drugs for a better mental health.  And I meant to say that, I'm sure if the doctors suggested it to her, once hearing that they would want her to bottle feed the baby and use means to avoid pregnancy while on those drugs, would mean that they wouldn't even consider it.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have often wondered about J'chelle and post partum depression.  I cannot imagine that with 19 kids, she never had an issue.  And, having a couple of friends that had to deal with that, I know that one of the symptoms is a lack of interest in the baby.  You know you should feel happiness and wonder, but you just can't.  Perhaps this is why she started handing the kids over to be raised by sister mom's?  And of course, even if she consulted the doctor in her 6 week checkup, I can't see her or Jim Bob getting therapy or using anti-depressents or other drugs for her treatment.  I'm sure they would just turn it all over to god.  

Oddly enough, I looked up information on post-partum depression, and it says that an inadequate diet - one that is heavy on processed foods, can make the condition worse, as does social isolation.  And we all have mentioned their diet, and it's not like she has work friends, or goes to church every week.   Hmm, makes me wonder.  

I would be surprised if Michelle didn’t suffer from PPD at some point with all those pregnancies, but I don’t think that is why she handed over the babies at 6 months to their sister-moms. I suspect that was for purely selfish reasons 1) because she doesn’t seem to ‘have a heart’ for the babies once they are born, and 2) so she can focus on getting pregnant with the next ‘blessing’. It’s like an assembly line and her part is done at that point and she needs to move on to manufacturing the next one. 

• Love 18

What was the longest period wasn't pregnant? She always seemed happiest while knocked up, then loved the attention of an infant, too. After that six month window she started chasing the dragon and caught it fairly quickly. If she'd gone 2-3 years without a baby during her prime years, then I think she'd actually be depressed.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Mackynzie is probably tall to boot. Josh is/was the tallest son.

Perhaps, but Jordyn is several months older than Mackynzie and is only slightly taller. I bet Mack is basically the higher end of average, whereas Josie is short for her age.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think her biggest baby droughts were between Smuggar and the twins and Hannie/Jenni, about 22 months in both instances. 

Pretty sure she was depressed for the first one, what with birth control killing her fetus. The second she was probably happy over the specials and 17kac starting up.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, SMama said:

No Jesus talk, no looking forward to what the Lord has planned for Tyler. The kid is lucky to be a cousin and I hope he comes out of that home relatively unscathed by the cult.

Maybe I’m misremembering but isn’t there something about quiverfull fundies and adoption?  That the child is tainted somehow by the sins of their parents and therefore never truly flock worthy?  

And has J’Tyler officiay been fundied?  If he hasn’t been indoctrinated into this insanity then MeChelle would think that Jesus had no plans for poor J’Tyler anyway, so why waste the keystroke!

• Love 1

Omg I’m that pic of Jackson and J’Tyler...Jackson is four years older than J’Tyler and they are the same size!  Either J’Tyler has tallness on his father’s side or Jackson is very small. He is  rather thin too.  Malnutrition at work or petite genes? 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Omg I’m that pic of Jackson and J’Tyler...Jackson is four years older than J’Tyler and they are the same size!  Either J’Tyler has tallness on his father’s side or Jackson is very small. He is  rather thin too.  Malnutrition at work or petite genes? 

Tyler is in between Jennifer and Jordyn in age, and he looks a little taller than Jennifer in that other picture, so there may be some tallness going on, but I think it is primarily that Jackson is small because Hannie is taller than Jackson as well. And yes, Jackson is thin. Although you can't tell from that picture, he is all legs and a very short torso.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Dont forget Jackson will soon have the receding hairline. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Dont forget Jackson will soon have the receding hairline. 

Oh that poor boy.  Receding hairine, shorter than most and likes making cookies with the girls.  I'm sure Jim Bob is going to give him heck.  Oh and the pimples as well.  Poor kid

• Love 8
Just now, DragonFaerie said:

Oh that poor boy.  Receding hairine, shorter than most and likes making cookies with the girls.  I'm sure Jim Bob is going to give him heck.  Oh and the pimples as well.  Poor kid

It feels like deja vu with Josiah.

• Love 6
Just now, DragonFaerie said:

Do I see an Alert visit in Jackson's future? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Is Tyler the one they gained custody of some time ago? 

I am still stunned by how they were awarded custody.  I get that they are family, but it's a family that have proven over the years to allow molestation with no treatment for the abuser or the victims, no sports or school outside the home, no chance it appears for college, no set bedtimes/eating times and no structure for the most part.  He will be passed off to a sister mom, and the odds of him learning any type of work ethic to be able to support himself or a family after he turns 18 unlikely.   How is this a good thing?

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I am still stunned by how they were awarded custody.  I get that they are family, but it's a family that have proven over the years to allow molestation with no treatment for the abuser or the victims, no sports or school outside the home, no chance it appears for college, no set bedtimes/eating times and no structure for the most part.  He will be passed off to a sister mom, and the odds of him learning any type of work ethic to be able to support himself or a family after he turns 18 unlikely.   How is this a good thing?

I was just thinking about that too. I remembered that it had been awhile since they gained custody of him, but I didn't know any further detail. With their track record, I have no idea how he was placed in their care even temporarily, let alone permanently. I assume part of this process was dealing with DHS? I just don't see that going well in the wake of the molestation scandal and the resulting lawsuit. 

It's been awhile since I read anything about the Duggars and Tyler (I have to take periodic breaks from them.) When I had been following their activities last, I was under the impression that the child's name was not to be released and he was not supposed to be shown on the show. I assume these restrictions lifted after they were awarded permanent custody (or was I just misunderstanding something)? Has he ever been featured on the show? Did they formally adopt him? 

• Love 3

If I recall correctly, initially Tyler's mom gave guardianship of him to her mom and when her mom couldn't care for him, transferred it to Jim Bob & Michelle. If CPS isn't involved, parents can pretty much give guardianship of their children to whomever they chose.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

So, I'm curious if anyone has heard - is it possible that Jackson has a food issue?  I ask because I, myself have both a food intolerance - or so that's how the allergist categorized it, and a food sensitivity.  I have multiple friends whose kids have lactose, gluten, and other foods sensitivities and some of them severe.  I was wondering with the Duggars mainly pre-packaged diet, if Jackson may have a food issue and that's why he's tiny?  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Do I see an Alert visit in Jackson's future? 

Several. A visit to Alert or an endocrinologist. 

Jackson turns 14 in a couple of months. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Several. A visit to Alert or an endocrinologist. 

Jackson turns 14 in a couple of months. 

I wish he could get to a child therapist, an endocrinologist, an allergist and more.  And I went down the Alert rabbit hole - Holy S***! Those things run $3900 to over $5000 each visit.  Guess that's where all Boob money has gone so that they have to buy thrift store stuff.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I looked at the picture of Tyler and the girls and wondered who is packing their clothes now, with Jessa, Jinger and Joy gone. 

Jana, probably.  Because lort knows the boys aren’t doing it.  And MeChelle doesn’t DO, she DIRECTS.  And the other HITs (help meets in training) are too young.  They may be able to help but not pack by themselves for the entire family.  

Hannie is next oldest at 12-going-on-13.  She is most likely helping but not yet doing it all.  

I truly feel badly for Jana.  In so many ways.   

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Jana, probably.  Because lort knows the boys aren’t doing it.  And MeChelle doesn’t DO, she DIRECTS.  And the other HITs (help meets in training) are too young.  They may be able to help but not pack by themselves for the entire family.  

Hannie is next oldest at 12-going-on-13.  She is most likely helping but not yet doing it all.  

I truly feel badly for Jana.  In so many ways.   

The Duggars have no problem giving the adult jobs to a 12 year old. Hannie, and the other lost girls, should consider themselves lucky if Jana is 'letting' them have some childhood freedoms, because the older girls didn't get that privilege. No wonder Jana can't leave.

• Love 17

I was wondering with the Duggars mainly pre-packaged diet, if Jackson may have a food issue and that's why he's tiny?  

It's genetic. A lot of the Duggar boys got the puny gene. Jim Bob was a smaller boy who had a rough time in school because of it. 

• Love 3

Genes are weird things. My son has always been on small side & is about 5'8" as an adult.  Don't know where the "small" gene came from. Both my husband & I are average size.  My nephew on my husbands side is about 6'6"& same thing,  we don't know where his "tall" gene came from. 

My aunt & uncle had 3 boys. Oldest was about 5'9 &  the second is way over 6 feet. Same thing, no idea where tall gene came from.  My oldest cousin always joked he was shorter cuz my aunt & uncle were poor when he was small  & he got watered down milk. 

• Love 6

I'm not surprised that most of the Duggar boys are shorter than JB because Michelle is pretty short. Josh and Jedidiah are the only ones the same height as JB. I suppose with more kids there is more variability, which is why some of the shortest Duggar boys (i.e., Jason, Josiah) are not that much taller than the tallest Duggar girls (i.e., Jill, Jinger), if at all. 

• Love 1

I was surprised that BoobChelle didn't say anything spiritual in their recent post about Cousin Oliver.  I would imagine getting him saved would be priority #1 for the whole family. Does anyone know if they are legally prevented from proselytizing him?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Genes are weird things. My son has always been on small side & is about 5'8" as an adult.  Don't know where the "small" gene came from. Both my husband & I are average size.  My nephew on my husbands side is about 6'6"& same thing,  we don't know where his "tall" gene came from. 

My aunt & uncle had 3 boys. Oldest was about 5'9 &  the second is way over 6 feet. Same thing, no idea where tall gene came from.  My oldest cousin always joked he was shorter cuz my aunt & uncle were poor when he was small  & he got watered down milk. 

My husband graduated high school a year early, at almost 17, and was still less than 5' tall and under 100 lb. He didn't really hit a growth spurt until he was almost 20 and ended up at 5'9" a couple of years later.

He looks as though he's about 10 in his high school yearbook.

• Love 6

The Jebediah Twins would have been had the same breast feeding, diet, etc, and there’s still a significant height difference. The more times the dice is rolled, the more the outcome matches the odds. Duggars have some shit genes.

• Love 8
On 2/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Re: Josiah's going by Si

While the nickname Si makes me want to sigh and roll my eyes, I like that he has a nickname that doesn't start with a J. Rebel where you can-

Same with Hannie.

• Love 6