Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The worst thing about the table picture to me is that it's a picture of Jana's life.

And we wonder why she might not want to get married and have a Gothard-load of kids just now. Geez. 26 (??) years old and this is literally all she's ever done since she was about 7 or 8. It's a wonder she hasn't gone all Lizzie Borden on somebody's ass. What a hideous life. And there's no end in sight.

This.  I don't even know why I thought for one second that this outing of Littles wasn't organized by Jana.  And we know she's behind it, because if JB or Michelle were there, they'd 100% be in that last photo.  I wonder if Jana has accepted that outings like these are not going to be organized by her parents, and that if she were to leave, her little sisters are going to be left wanting for attention and love.  And it enrages me that Michelle and JB seem fine with this.  Jana simply knows no other way.  I'm sure she's been buddied up since she was probably 5 or 6 years old.  She deserves SO much more than caretaker of her over-large family, and second mother to her younger siblings just because her parents felt the need to pop out as many babies as they could without a care or thought as to who was going to raise them.  It's a despicable way to treat the adult children.  #freeJanaandJD

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking the same thing. However the rule may be different between a Foster child and if the Duggars have guardianship. A Foster child is technically in the care of the state, with guardianship they're in the care of the guardians. 

The Duggars think rules do not apply to them. I have guardianship of my sisters kids and I can take photos of them but show them on social media.  My sister is in the army and that is why I have them.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

The Duggars think rules do not apply to them. I have guardianship of my sisters kids and I can take photos of them but show them on social media.  My sister is in the army and that is why I have them.

Many MANY thanks to your sister for her service!

You are right, they don't believe the rules apply to them.  They never did!  For example, I wonder if their house is considered a "dormitory" for occupancy reasons.  The laws in my state (and many others) say that you can only legally have two people in each bedroom, unless the building is classified as a "dormitory".  The girls' and boys' bedrooms in the TTH are technically two rooms, regardless of their size.  So there SHOULD only be two people inhabiting each room.  I'm not sure who is actually living there these days, but there have to be at LEAST 12 boys and 10 girls sharing those two rooms.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Is that an agreement between you and your sister?

38 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

Duggars: LOOK! WE DO SO EAT FRESH VEGETABLES!

50 (maybe) sweet potatoes for 30+ mouths to feed = barely one meal  produced by the barefoot harvest workers.  What a ridiculous picture and an insult to real backyard gardeners.   Wonder what they are going to do with that one root veggie (cabbage - rutabaga  - turnip -whatever.)  Note to the Duggars - our kids wear proper footwear AT ALL TIMES.  You live next to a landfill and have a lawn filled with weeds.    

This nonsense reminds me of the book written by the guy who spent nearly $100 for every tomato he actually grew and ate.  At least he laughed about all his time, effort and money.

These people disgust me.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
I can't spell but I am not ignorant!
  • Love 4

If it were anyone but the Duggers, who are obviously having a FU Internet moment, I would say it doesn't matter if the "harvest" feeds the whole family, because the children are having the learning experience of planting, growing, and harvesting food. Normally this could be part of a perfectly wonderful science/health homeschool curriculum. But that's not why they are doing it.

Edited by Love2dance
Grammar
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Love2dance said:

If it were anyone but the Duggers, who are obviously having a FU Internet moment, I would say it doesn't matter if the "harvest" feeds the whole family, because the children are having the learning experience of planting, growing, and harvesting food. Normally this could be part of a perfectly wonderful science/health homeschool curriculum. But that's not why they are doing it.

Yeah, I think that, for me, this is the essence of why the show is such a terrible terrible thing for the Duggar kidults and kidlets. It completes the process, begun by Gothardism, of making their lives into something wholly phony -- and in so many ways.

Everything they're permitted or, in most cases, forced to do is for some purpose way outside themselves. It's to make their lives into "entertainment" for a mass audience. It's to prove some point that their hideous, stupid and close-to-insane parents as want to make to an evil world that doesn't worship JB and M as they wish to be worshipped. It's a fantasy story that a million strangers can project their own shit onto.

And they're never ever ever taken seriously. These kids have had a literally insane upbringing and they are certainly screwed up as all get out, not to mention utterly deprived of everything you need in the modern world to make an adult life for yourself and earn a living. They have literally no individuality and not one iota of freedom or support for being themselves and living out their own individual potentials. And they get sexually molested and the whole world pretends along with their parents that it's nothing. And despite all this, their lives are constantly projected as some kind of romantic fantasy. And the whole situation forces them to see their own lives in the same way -- they're utterly dehumanized by the whole situation, in essence.

It's like that bad social-media phenomenon that's talked about, in which people project a completely phony falsely positive vision of their own lives onto Facebook, which ultimately is a terribly depressing thing for them and also depresses others who believe it and feel lesser by comparison. Only here the whole thing is a million times amplified because they're not just all over social media projecting a completely false image, they're on television doing it. They're not real. They're projections of JB and M's idiotic fantasies. And that fantasy vision of themselves is out in the world getting bashed by some of us and hero-worshipped by others, while underneath there are a bunch of quite real, really really screwed up people who aren't even allowed to view themselves as real. Harvest, indeed. We're participating in their child abuse, really.

• Love 9

I agree Churchie that the show has now become a bunch of FU moments, and rather than discuss it in talking heads they 'perform' these moments for the audience. However I disagree that " the whole world pretends along with their parents that it's nothing" in regard to the molestations. I shudder myself every time I bring it up. I think that most of the world found it sad and appalling. What happened to them should have never happened nor have been made public and every time its brought up my heart goes out to these girls.

Elizabeth Smart, the young girl who was kidnapped in Utah years ago, is really an exception to the rule of sexual assault survivors. She holds her head up high and has become an advocate. Maybe that horrible time in her life sparked a passion, or maybe it is calculated so when her name is mentioned in the media her story is not rewritten. The average survivor has a hard time discussing it privately and is horrified to have to revisit it at someone else's prompting.

No matter if you're a Duggar, a Smart, a Smith or a Jones, being a victim of any kind of assault is horrifying and wrong.

• Love 3

I wonder if they really "grew" those sweet potatoes or just bought them at a store or a near by farmstand & put them in the ground for a FU internet moment.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree Churchie that the show has now become a bunch of FU moments, and rather than discuss it in talking heads they 'perform' these moments for the audience. However I disagree that " the whole world pretends along with their parents that it's nothing" in regard to the molestations. I shudder myself every time I bring it up. I think that most of the world found it sad and appalling. What happened to them should have never happened nor have been made public and every time its brought up my heart goes out to these girls.

Elizabeth Smart, the young girl who was kidnapped in Utah years ago, is really an exception to the rule of sexual assault survivors. She holds her head up high and has become an advocate. Maybe that horrible time in her life sparked a passion, or maybe it is calculated so when her name is mentioned in the media her story is not rewritten. The average survivor has a hard time discussing it privately and is horrified to have to revisit it at someone else's prompting.

No matter if you're a Duggar, a Smart, a Smith or a Jones, being a victim of any kind of assault is horrifying and wrong.

Very true. Most people with any semblance of healthy perspective feel this way.  But as far as the victims are concerned, as far as they know, the whole world pretends along with their parents that it's nothing. Which is even more horrifying.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

Duggars: LOOK! WE DO SO EAT FRESH VEGETABLES!

Does anyone in that family do any canning of fruits and veggies?  Somehow, I can't see Michelle canning.  Maybe that's Jana's job, since it's her garden?

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, I agree. I way overstated that. Millions and millions of people continue to find it appalling.

What I should have said, and what I meant, was that anybody in the tv audience who buys the "oh, we're a sweet romantic dream" story that the family and the show put out there -- in which the whole thing, including their horrible handling of it, is swept completely under the rug -- is regarding it as nothing, in fact even if not in intention. And there are plenty of people who do buy that, largely because TLC and the Duggars are working so hard to get people to buy it.

The phony portrayal of the fun, sweet, romantic, sexy but oh so moral lives of the grownup Duggars (especially the girls) that they're selling in this stupid new series is TLC's and the Duggs' way of making everybody forget that there's got to be a cesspool of unresolved mess seething in the hearts of at least some of the Duggar kids, given what's happened. What's happened in their family is in no way normal, but the show is now surreptitiously normalizing it for many many people.

Thanks to the lying PR campaign, people are really going to end up believing that picking the perfect gown and serving sophisticated snacks at her wedding is really the issue in marriage for somebody in Jinger's situation, for example.

And to look at the Duggars in that light is to minimize and normalize a situation that their crap parents ought to be called out on every day of their lives until they admit what a pile of shit they've created for their kids and commit themselves to changing it. That'll never happen for JB and M, though. They're being let on the screen little by little as everybody's distracted by Spurgeon's chubby toes and Jinger's great love affair. And pretty soon, for most of the world although not of course for the most committed Duggar skeptics, the whole thing will be normalized and swept under the rug once again.

And since they are a tv family, I'm pretty sure this will mean that the Duggar kids will feel tremendous pressure to sweep it all back under the rug, too, because aren't their lives just so pretty, really? TV and their fans and People magazine say they are! So if I'm a Duggar kid and wonder whether that's really true or not, then obviously I'm wrong. I'll just swallow it.

If people want to put sweet romantic fantasies on tv, they should be required to produce fictional fantasies. Getting real-life people, especially kids, to pretend for the camera that they're living a sweet, nostalgic romantic fantasy when they're actually living real, messy lives -- even horribly messy lives, as in this case -- ought to be considered some kind of entertainment-industry malpractice, if you ask me.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ariel said:

I wonder if they really "grew" those sweet potatoes or just bought them at a store or a near by farmstand & put them in the ground for a FU internet moment.

I wondered if that was even their property.

Is that the whole garden? Sweet potatoes? 

Or is their yard like some wacky food scavenger hunt?

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I wondered if that was even their property.

Is that the whole garden? Sweet potatoes? 

Or is their yard like some wacky food scavenger hunt?

You mean you think the average gardener doesn't plant a two-foot by three-foot plot with sweet potatoes only, not even within spitting distance of the rest of the (hypothetical) garden, and then plunks a flower pot down next to it?

But of course the average gardener does do this. Because TLC and the Duggars have told us so.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ariel said:

I think they grew them because they're all narley. They didn't prep the soil, which is odd because the directions are right there in the bible about properly tilling the soil.

• Love 3

Subsistence farming is hard work and for peasants. The Duggars don't have a hope in hell in achieving the efficiencies that industrial agriculture has achieved. They might as well take a Great Leap Forward with a backyard steel furnace. Australia and the USA are #1 and #2 in food self sufficiency. Less than 3 percent of the Australian labour market work in the agricultural sector. I'm glad the Duggars don't expect their kids to farm that shitty piece of land. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Subsistence farming is hard work and for peasants. The Duggars don't have a hope in hell in achieving the efficiencies that industrial agriculture has achieved. They might as well take a Great Leap Forward with a backyard steel furnace. Australia and the USA are #1 and #2 in food self sufficiency. Less than 3 percent of the Australian labour market work in the agricultural sector. I'm glad the Duggars don't expect their kids to farm that shitty piece of land. 

Wait.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I got no problem with 'em not gardening. I have a big problem with the Dugg parents constantly recruiting the kids into fake photo-ops intended to prove to the public that they all do things that they, in fact, do not do. I object to people making their children into perpetual liars and gigantic phonies, especially when they're doing it for money. I consider that doing massive moral and emotional harm to the kids.

But I guess at this point, the Duggar parents have done so much moral and emotional (not to mention intellectual) harm to the kids already that a few decades more of it won't make a helluva lot of difference. So enlist your kids into even more lying photo ops, Duggars! Cause your fans love to see 'em.

I'm sure the Duggar Jesus totes approves as well.

• Love 6

That garden didn't appear out of nowhere, JimChelle sure as hell didn't cultivate it, and it was taller than Jana, it wasn't planted the previous day. People talk about how robotic the kidults are, yet when we see evidence of a hobby that's very plausible and far beyond the Duggar's ability to fake, we refuse to believe it. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

That garden didn't appear out of nowhere, JimChelle sure as hell didn't cultivate it, and it was taller than Jana, it wasn't planted the previous day. People talk about how robotic the kidults are, yet when we see evidence of a hobby that's very plausible and far beyond the Duggar's ability to fake, we refuse to believe it. 

The reason I doubt the massive garden is a Duggar garden is because they never mentioned it or showed a picture prior to it being in full bloom. Things like that both the Duggars and TLC like to push front and center. We didn't see the hand drawn plan, or any big machinery, nor any planting of seeds. Also, in my neck of the woods first year gardens are usually not that plush and successful. It usually takes a year or two for the soil to fully support the growth of such a plentiful and healthy crop.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The reason I doubt the massive garden is a Duggar garden is because they never mentioned it or showed a picture prior to it being in full bloom. Things like that both the Duggars and TLC like to push front and center. We didn't see the hand drawn plan, or any big machinery, nor any planting of seeds. Also, in my neck of the woods first year gardens are usually not that plush and successful. It usually takes a year or two for the soil to fully support the growth of such a plentiful and healthy crop.

I'm sure they used plenty of fertilizer.

I didn't think her garden was particularly fruitful. Lots of leaves and height, probably because she uses what the family throw on the lawn to make it thick and green, but Jessa almost needed a machete to access the cherry tomatoes. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

I would think we would have seen some Duggars at someone elses farm or garden, learning how to do it first. Then a trip to pick out what to plant along with the males getting the soil ready, and us being told it was a bigger project than they thought. Throw in a couple of "will it be ready in time for planting" and that's the episode we all must have missed.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I would think we would have seen some Duggars at someone elses farm or garden, learning how to do it first. Then a trip to pick out what to plant along with the males getting the soil ready, and us being told it was a bigger project than they thought. Throw in a couple of "will it be ready in time for planting" and that's the episode we all must have missed.

They already floated the Howlers' greenhouse vs. Lost Girls' gardens in an episode. We haven't seen the greenhouses since, and given the girls' garden was fairly close to the house, I think that failed as well. Jana's project seems further out on the Back 40. There was also the episode when a guy came in to rent space to garden while the kids watched (and became experts). I forget which garden project came first, but yeah, they've floated this plotline around before. 

• Love 1

I don't think there's a chance in hell that that's their garden. Nobody plants actual vegetable gardens in little single-vegetable plots like that and then decorates them with a sign and a pot of flowers. I think there's every evidence that that garden is on some commercial property somewhere -- as an exhibit or decoration or the like.

That's not only not a garden planted by Jana, it's not actually a real garden at all -- if you're talking about somebody's backyard vegetable garden. That's a plot for show planted by someone, and not by the Duggars, if you ask me.

I've seen a heckuva a lot of actual vegetable gardens in my life, planted by people who were actually growing food for themselves, because they thought it was economical or greener or just fun. And there aren't any backyard family vegetable gardens that look like that. I will eat my gardening straw hat if anybody can prove to me that that's a real Duggar garden.

• Love 5

Churchie, the show did show us a garden with more fruits and veggies. The kids picked a lot of somrthing out of it, but I don't recall what. Bigger plots< but with the labeled beds and flowerpots, courtesy of Pinterest. This plot was in a place with far more lush grass tham we've ever seen in Duggarville. The location could not be pinned down, but maybe there is some grassy land on the Back 40.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Churchie, the show did show us a garden with more fruits and veggies. The kids picked a lot of somrthing out of it, but I don't recall what. Bigger plots< but with the labeled beds and flowerpots, courtesy of Pinterest. This plot was in a place with far more lush grass tham we've ever seen in Duggarville. The location could not be pinned down, but maybe there is some grassy land on the Back 40.

It was east of the TTH, the glass tree house was to the south of it. 

12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, shows what you miss when you don't watch the show!

Of course, if TLC did hire somebody to plant these "gardens" -- because I still don't believe for one minute that these lazy idiots actually raised a vegetable garden, then I suppose it would make sense that they'd be decorative rather than actual working gardens. Because there's no way in hell they could actually have a garden that could produce enough food to be useful to them in any way shape or form.

And what the heck would they do with these damned vegetables, if they were for some purpose other than decoration and to perpetuate an FU Internet lie about how they eat fresh food? We've already seen that the Duggar women don't even know how to make mashed potatoes or boxes of minute rice (and that includes the only "homemaker" in the bunch -- Jana)?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Just came here to post this. Is this Josie? If so, she looks better with straight hair, but I can see her now filling out and getting the "Duggar" look.

eta: It's Jordyn. 

I guess the wedding wasn't today. There's a HUGE Arkansas game today in Fayetteville, and some of them are either going (game is starting as I type) or watching at family friendly sports bars in the area. 

At any rate, Jinjer is still not married. 

UNLESS this pic is from a previous Arkansas home game???? JinJer seem to be secretive that way.....

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Does it rain enough often enough to plant a garden anywhere in Arkansas?  If not they have to have it close enough to a water source, or within the length of a hose.  I can't see them putting in an irrigation system for a family garden.

• Love 1

That picture looks a little phallic.  I guess when you live in the TTH.  Is she the lost girl who was putting Izzy up on the mantle in the guest mansion?  Or the one who almost dropped him on the airport escalator?

• Love 1

You're right! I haven't seen Drumsticks in YEARS, but now that you've identified it, I recognize it. So, Mechelle thought it was worthy to post a pic of this Lost Girl with a half-eaten drumstick because...

• Love 3
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Poor Lost Jordyn has dead eyes.  And that is frozen ice cream cones out of box. Drumsticks by Nestlé.

javascript:;

Hoping it's at least a Drumstick  & not Wal-Mart brand.  But I'm sure any type of ice cream is a real treat for the Littles.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

You're right! I haven't seen Drumsticks in YEARS, but now that you've identified it, I recognize it. So, Mechelle thought it was worthy to post a pic of this Lost Girl with a half-eaten drumstick because...

...FU Internetz.      That's the whole reason they publish anything, isn't it?

Y'all call her a "Lost Girl" but she isn't lost in the slightest. Here she is. Right here. We have this picture to prove it. .... Wait. There's a Jordyn?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, Malvina said:

Here's my take on how that went down.  It's long, so feel free to pass it by.

MEchelle (in a normal voice):  Hey you, your name's Jorden, right?

Jordyn:  Yeah, but it's pronounced Jordin.  And it's spelled with a 'y'.

MEchelle (in a normal voice):  I knew that.  And don't be a smart mouth.  Here, eat this so I can take a picture.

Jordyn (suspiciously):  OK.  But why?

MEchelle (in full baby voice):  Because I want to take a picture of you having a nice treat!  Isn't that special?

Jordyn starts licking on the ice cream cone like there's no tomorrow, while keeping a close eye on MEchelle.  She's thinking "Great, another photo op.  Better eat fast in case she takes it away after she's taken the picture".

MEchelle:  JorDYN, stop eating for a second so I can take the picture.

Jordyn keeps licking away, pretending not to hear.

MEchelle (in her 'Don't mess with me, you won't like it' voice):  I want you to stop eating for a second so I can get a clear shot at your face.

Jordyn takes the cone away from her face and stares at MEchelle.

MEchelle (in her 'Don't mess with me, you won't like it' voice):  Now smile.

Jordyn complies.  MEchelle takes a picture of a kid with tense eyes and a rictus smile holding an ice cream cone up to her face.

MEchelle (in a normal voice):  Good.  Now go share that thing with Josie.

Jordyn:  Who?  (Starts taking bites out of the ice cream and the cone.)

MEchelle (in a normal voice):  Josie.  The littlest one.  The miracle baby.  That one.

Jordyn:  She's allergic to dairy.  She'll have a blowout.  Who's around to clean her up after that?  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle (in a bemused voice):  Oh, right.  Well, Jana will take care Josie if she has a problem di-gest-ing the ice cream.

Jordyn:  Jana's answering fan mail, then she's starting dinner.  If she has to stop to take care of Josie, she'll be busy for half an hour cleaning her up and rinsing out her clothes.  Who will take over dinner?  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle:  Well, there's Jessa.  She's here today.

Jordyn:  She won't do it because she's either too grumpy or too tired.  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle:  Why?

Jordyn:  She's pregnant again.  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle:  Right.  OK, then Jill will do it.  She's here today, too.

Jordyn:  Jill won't even take care of her own kid.  She'll just cry about Sin-trel Murica and how they kept getting sick from the water and she can't deal with more squishy poop.  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle:  Then Jinger will deal with it.  Never mind, she's useless these days.

Jordyn:  Yeah.  Wedding stuff and talking to Jeremy all the time.  You know how it is.  (Takes another bite of the cone.)  Were you that way when you and Dad were courting?  (Takes another bite of the cone.)

MEchelle:  Well, falling in love is - (MEchelle suddenly realizes that Jordyn has just popped the last bit of the ice cream cone in her mouth.  [And that's the best part, the waffle cone with the chocolate plug and just a hint of melted ice cream on top.  Yummm!])

MEchelle (angrily):  Why you!  Here's a fresh cone.  Take it to Josie and stay with her.  If she has a problem, it's your responsibility.

Jordyn takes the other ice cream cone and starts to walk off.

MEchelle (triumphantly):  And you get to carry her around any time she doesn't want to walk!

Jordyn's shoulders droop a little.  She passes JB as he approaches MEchelle.

JB:  What was that all about?

MEchelle (in baby voice as she stares crazily into JB's eyes):  Oh, nothing much.  Just making sure Jordyn knows who's in charge.

JB (moves in closer and says suggestively):  It seems all the kids are occupied.  What say you and I go get some sweet fellowship?

MEchelle stares at him and asks hopefully:  Wouldn't you like me to make you a sandwich?  You look hungry.

JB (suggestively):  Oh, I'm hungry all right.  Let's see if we can get number 20 started!

MEchelle's shoulders drop as she allows JB to lead her away.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Bewitched said:

I hope they checked the packaging.  Drumsticks have a recall notice for possible listeria contamination.   Without TV or internet (haha), they may not be aware.  

Most likely these are the Aldi brand of cones.  They would never buy name-brand food for the kids.  Reason,  Drumsticks are hella expensive.  $6-8 vs. $2-3 for the Aldi brand.  

If not, they may ALL be in for squishy poop.  Not just Josie.

Just wondering if I missed something...what is the obsession with ice cream?  It's good and all, but it seems like every pic they post of the kids includes ice cream.  ?

• Love 1