Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

What??? Where did you see that?

eta: I actually I saw an article intimating that they're secretly filming. (Sorry, link didn't carry over. I will try again in the media thread) 

Edited by Sew Sumi

TLC updatimg their web page makes me nervous. I think there will be a season 2 but not a season 3. People watched not to see the kids interesting lives, but to see the scandal fallout. That's done now. Not much to watch unless Josh returns, Anna snaps, or JimBob ropes in another unwitting spouse. Paging Marge!

• Love 2

This is the kind of crap we're likely to see if they actually film another 8 episodes of this mess. What else can they build, plant, or sell? We've already seen two courtships (they didn't film Smuggar's, only his engagement), three weddings, and a five of the six grandkids born. Enough! 

• Love 1

It happened for a few months last summer into early fall. Until they aired the first three Counting On episodes around the holidays, and we found out that they'd been secretly filming since Jessa was 34 weeks pregnant, which would be mid-September. So, TLC officially "canceled" them for about two months, and during that time, Jessa didn't stop showing off her belly in tight as fuck shirts. We saw them at Michael Bates' wedding in August, and followed Joy and Carlin Bates who accompanied Jerick back to Danger America. We saw them at Famy's wedding, which was the first time we saw Anna since Smuggar was sent to Jesus Jail. So yeah, there was plenty of social media activity during the period when they were officially canceled. 

• Love 1

At the moment, none of the Duggars kids are home are courting, are they? And if neither Jessa nor Jill are pregnant, I can't see how many story lines are left for the show. In the early days of the Duggar shows, I think Michelle was pregnant in practically every single episode and gave birth on camera at least 5 times.

• Love 1

If anyone's courting, it's a state secret that they're saving for the cameras. They hid Jill and Derick fairly well (although we did catch him in some fan pics posted online standing next to Jill before anything was officially announced). Ben's family gave him away, so we don't know how well they could have hidden him. Both guys were long distance for part of their courtships, which I bet Boob preferred, so leghumpers wouldn't catch on before episodes aired. 

But back on topic, I'm still laughing at the possibility of Famy selling herself to be on Couples Therapy. I hope this rumor pans out! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, louannems said:

Why is she excited? I'm sure they don't believe in the tooth fairy. Do they get money or tracts under their pillow for losing teeth? Do they tell her it a step to becoming grown up and then she can do real chores like her big sisters?

• Love 4
(edited)

She is such an unhealthy-looking child. And nobody but us seems to notice.

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, the point being, they'll find a way to keep their name out there after they're canceled for good (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Once TLC washes their hands of the Duggars for good, I would expect that some bottom-feeder cable network with nothing to lose will offer them a show. It will be a huge step down for them in terms of prestige and money, but they'll jump at the chance to keep their mugs on the air.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

She is such an unhealthy-looking child. And nobody but us seems to notice.

Once TLC washes their hands of the Duggars for good, I would expect that some bottom-feeder cable network with nothing to lose will offer them a show. It will be a huge step down for them in terms of prestige and money, but they'll jump at the chance to keep their mugs on the air.

You mean they can double-feature with the Bates family over on UP.

• Love 1

If you care to see Josie's missing tooth, then this photo is for you.

Jill has the horrible raised eyebrow look, Mechelle, Joy, now Josie....why do some of them have this awful habit but the others don't? It makes them look like they've had a bad eye lift procedure.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:
Mackynzie isn't their sister, but whatever.

No one, even the Duggars, said she was a sister. I AM curious as to where Josie is. Is she still too hyper to handle Cooking with Cans? 

50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No one, even the Duggars, said she was a sister. I AM curious as to where Josie is. Is she still too hyper to handle Cooking with Cans? 

"Sisters that cook together stay together!"?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sadly, you're giving the Duggars, or whoever runs the page, too much credit.  The photo's caption is "sisters that cooks together stay together!" They either can't differentiate between the kids or just hoping people will go along with it. For how much fans love the family, they can't tell them apart. 

34 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jordyn and Hannie's eyes are absolutely dead.

What else do these poor mites have to look forward to other than years of servitude? Hopefully, the littlest J spawn won't have to raise their siblings, but no doubt, they'll get stuck raising the spawn of their elders.

The Duggar Empire is now in ruins, and soon there won't be any money left for the littles. As much as we wish Boob would fade away, the littles, who did nothing to deserve this, will no doubt have a much harder life than the middles.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sister-Mom training. Josie is way too immature to even do this, from what we've seen. Of course Mack is involved; Anna probably now has lingerie to help  ficilitate M5. 

Josie will be more accurately an "auntie mom". Who's going to help Josie be all she can be after all the J slaves marry and leave...there's a passel of Howler boys after Joy Anna...you know they won't do anything, but expect the younger girls to wait on them. 

4 hours ago, louannems said:

Jordyn and Hannie's eyes are absolutely dead.

That was the first thing I noticed about the picture. I think Hannie would much rather be outside riding bikes than cooking slop from a can. A child having age-appropriate chores is one thing, but a ten year-old forced into an empty Sister-Mom slot because her Mother is too checked out to give a damn is just all kinds of wrong.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That was the first thing I noticed about the picture. I think Hannie would much rather be outside riding bikes than cooking slop from a can. A child having age-appropriate chores is one thing, but a ten year-old forced into an empty Sister-Mom slot because her Mother is too checked out to give a damn is just all kinds of wrong.

No doubt it's part of the indoctrination "to learn to have a servant's heart". Translation: to rob you of your childhood so you won't get any ideas about leaving...EVER!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

'Kynzie?

Yup. That's why I commented on Josie being missing. They make such a big deal about those three girls being the same age for ten days or thereabouts.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. That's why I commented on Josie being missing. They make such a big deal about those three girls being the same age for ten days or thereabouts.

Yeah, good point. They do make a big deal out of that. But then they set Josie apart a lot -- both because she's focused as a singleton in a lot of places and because she's conspicuous by her absence in others, such as here. Pretty clear that she's regarded in a different light -- or maybe more than one different light, actually ....

• Love 1

True. They really play both sides of the fence with her. No wonder Josie seems so feral. If she really has no LDs, she should be treated the same as the other Lost Girls and their same-aged niece. More and more, I think they are hiding something about Josie that would make them look less than perfect as parents. I say this believing that they think themselves absolved of Joshgate I.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

True. They really play both sides of the fence with her. No wonder Josie seems so feral. If she really has no LDs, she should be treated the same as the other Lost Girls and their same-aged niece. More and more, I think they are hiding something about Josie that would make them look less than perfect as parents. I say this believing that they think themselves absolved of Joshgate I.

Yes, I agree, Sew.  I won't snark on the poor child, but I can't help notice that something seems off about little Josie.  She had a rough entry into the world as a micro preemie, so she's always had this very fragile waif-like appearance about her.

If Josie was born with any learning or developmental issues, I hope theyre addressing it rather than seeing it as some sort of punishment from God for whatever sin they think they're guilty of or trying to simply pray it away.  At the end of the day, it's not really our business,but I hope they are putting little Josie's welfare above what their cult or what blog posters think.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Maybe Josie said "I don't need to learn how to cook since I plan on being an astronaut. If you need me I'll be over here studying physics." 

??????

(edited)
8 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Josie's jurisdiction isn't cooking, it's licking. I'm sure that keeps her busy.

That was cute when she was 3, but if she's still doing it now, that's disturbing...since it means she's really got issues that aren't being addressed.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That was cute when she was 3, but if she's still doing it now, that's disturbing...since it means she's really got issues that aren't being addressed.

I think Josie is going to have more than her share of issues. Between being coddled/spoiled as the youngest and frailest and her checked-out parents desperately clinging to their TLC-bankrolled life, she's got a steep road ahead of her, poor thing. She's not going to have any real memories of the "good times" unlike the other kids.

• Love 4