Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Dillon claims that the Daily Mail "stretched" the pictures. The link is below. I looked at the pic with Deanna, and I think he's lying because Deanna IS that big (and she's been big for years). And that's definitely a muffin top; early-term babies don't stretch all the way out to the hips. Her jeans are merely two sizes too small. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3508428/Tum-thing-tell-Cousin-Amy-Duggar-steps-six-months-getting-married-saying-unlike-famous-family-wanted-wait-children.html

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

The hilarious part (of many) is where The Daily Mail basically states that the new "Counting On" series is "baby focused" and implies that's why Amy is now "pregnant." Don't know if it's true, but lord knows I wouldn't put it past her. Girl is DESPERATE to be on TV.

• Love 1

Have you seen the latest picture of Amy? She's gained a lot of weight since she got married six months ago!

327EDF9A00000578-3508428-Tum_thing_s_up_

Hmmm, weight or a baby?
Hahaha! She's always been chunky squeezed into bodycon. If she were preggo she'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Amy is a boozer and after a certain age those calories don't burn off like they used to. I'm going with food baby. If she was pregnant she would have already announced and plastered her registries all over Instagram.

• Love 6

Have you seen the latest picture of Amy?  She's gained a lot of weight since she got married six months ago!

327EDF9A00000578-3508428-Tum_thing_s_up_

Is that her Easter bonnet? Her tight jeans remind me of Mery's from Sister Wives.

• Love 1

I just saw a screengrab, but it looks like it was on the latest Famy IG post, from the step-and-repeat at the Branson showing of Batman vs. Superman. Sorry, I don't know how to post pics to this forum. He claims they "stretched" the pic to create that gut. The pic with Deanna shows that the muffintop is real. A friend from another forum checked out her gym pics and noticed the gut in those shots that SHE posted HERSELF. 

Nice try, tho, Dill. 

• Love 1

I just saw a screengrab, but it looks like it was on the latest Famy IG post, from the step-and-repeat at the Branson showing of Batman vs. Superman. Sorry, I don't know how to post pics to this forum. He claims they "stretched" the pic to create that gut. The pic with Deanna shows that the muffintop is real. A friend from another forum checked out her gym pics and noticed the gut in those shots that SHE posted HERSELF. 

Nice try, tho, Dill. 

Ya, and I don't know, but wouldn't stretching a picture just make someone wider? I don't know how that could add roundness in the middle.

• Love 2

Nice try, tho, Dill. 

Thanks.  I found the comments, but I would be willing to bet that Amy posted them.

0_amy_king.png

Ya, and I don't know, but wouldn't stretching a picture just make someone wider? I don't know how that could add roundness in the middle.

That picture isn't photoshopped.  Amy has gained a ton of weight in just six months since she posed for a picture in a bikini on her honeymoon.  She really is turning into a replica of her mother.  Josh Duggar gained a lot of weight right after he married, too, and never lost it.  

It looks like Amy has gained at least five lbs. a month = 30 lbs.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 2

That picture isn't photoshopped.  Amy has gained a ton of weight in just six months since she posed for a picture in a bikini on her honeymoon.  She really is turning into a replica of her mother.  Josh Duggar gained a lot of weight right after he married, too, and never lost it.  

Amy would have had to replace her wardrobe 3 times if she gained 30 lbs. I'm guessing maybe 5 or 10 lbs. And I think that more than a few woman would long for Amy's body.

• Love 3

Amy would have had to replace her wardrobe 3 times if she gained 30 lbs. I'm guessing maybe 5 or 10 lbs. And I think that more than a few woman would long for Amy's body.

For the most part, she's been wearing loose-fitting stuff. Like Famy, I am short and due to depression and poor food choices, gained 20 lbs. last year. I only went up one size, which is normal with today's vanity sizing. I am currently an 8; I would guess that she's about the same. Like me, she just needs to eat better, drink less (the after-church mimosas are a good place to start), and work out religiously.

It's taking me a long time to lose, but I also battle a faulty thyroid and middle age. She has the ability to lose this weight much faster.

Don't forget, she's only 5'1", so her sizing isn't going to be that of someone of average height (maybe a 12/14). I'm 5' and not thin, but I still wear small tops (in misses, no use even trying to wear Juniors anymore!). I might be a medium if tops run small. Famy needs to stop trying to wear Junior clothes; she has a figure now. 

Does Amy's husband do anything other than post comments about her on the internet? I appreciate that a husband might want to defend his wife, but it seems like as soon as someone posts a comment about her, he's typed out a response within seconds.

Methinks Amy's been partaking in lots of post-church mimosas. How funny would that be if she showed up at the TTH, drunk off her ass and causing her usual wacky chaos. Boob's head would probably explode.

I also tend to think because Amy is short and appears rather large chested, she is going to look fatter than she is with any extra pounds.

Very true, and I also think that body type has a tendency to look larger on TV and pictures, even accounting for camera weight. My fiance saw Kim K in Los Angeles prior to her having kids and was surprised at how tiny she was. However, even the slightest weight gain makes her look round and pudgy on tv. I'm guessing Amy is quite similar.

• Love 1

So wait...Johann Sebastian Bach wrote most of his greatest works for CHURCH services.  And those ding-a-lings at ALERT and others of their ilk might not like his music, possibly some of the finest music ever written, because the notes don't follow a predictable pattern?  *shakes my head* Idiots don't deserve to hear banjos playing NIckelback.

• Love 7

So wait...Johann Sebastian Bach wrote most of his greatest works for CHURCH services.  And those ding-a-lings at ALERT and others of their ilk might not like his music, possibly some of the finest music ever written, because the notes don't follow a predictable pattern?  *shakes my head* Idiots don't deserve to hear banjos playing NIckelback.

I know, I was trying to figure that out too. What exactly are they allowed to listen to? Gregorian chants?

• Love 2

No, they do like some Bach, some Mozart and so on. They like the stuff from the Baroque and Classical periods that's relatively simple harmonically and rhythmically. They don't like more edgy or complex or unresolved things from those periods -- so lots of Bach, for example, is too much for them, but lots is okay with them, too. And then beyond that they like a lot of hymns, marches and some more popular songs from many eras that are simple and harmonically and rhythmically well resolved.

Except for some simple popular stuff, most 20th and 21st century music of all kinds is out, along with serious music from any era that's harmonically unresolved. Gregorian chants and much other very early Western music almost certainly isn't on their agenda, because it has lots and lots of harmonic tension and is sometimes harmonically unresolved altogether. Non-Western music would also be out for the same reason. They don't like anything with a backbeat or with strong rhythm sections generally either. Too much drive for physical expression in music with strong rhythms. And we know what physical expressions can lead to.

They like easily predictable music that has as little tension as possible, basically. Unfortunately, tension is the source of greatness in music, mostly. So they don't like the great, for the most part. They want music that stills the passions and the imagination, not music that inspires those faculties. They like the tame. They're fearful people. So they like everything tame.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

They like easily predictable music that has as little tension as possible, basically. Unfortunately, tension is the source of greatness in music, mostly. So they don't like the great, for the most part. They want music that stills the passions and the imagination, not music that inspires those faculties. They like the tame. They're fearful people. So they like everything tame.

Thank you Churchhoney.  Now I understand these people fully.  They want their world to be bland, and want everyone's else world to be bland.  Well (insert very rude gesture) them.

• Love 8

Lawson's music (and the bluegrass of the Bates and other Gothard families) seems to be a-okay as long as the subject matter glorifies God. No drums, no "backbeat," just some pickin and grinnin for Da Lord. There is nothing complicated about his music, and Gil wouldn't allow it if it weren't Gothard-approved material. Lawson may be an ass, but he's still his father's problem. 

• Love 2

So I guess Lawson Bates and his country singing career don't fit in with the Gothard rules, not that Lawson cares.  Gil doesn't seem to mind either.

I'm guessing that anybody who would like to have an actual music career -- selling outside of Gothardom -- would know that you can't make new music following the ATI rules and you can't make music that's sellable using those rules. Because everything the Gothard rules-for-music allows has already been done a gazillion times. But I haven't actually heard any of his music except for maybe one song, so I don't know. Lots of popular music is harmonically very simple, so it's way more likely to fit the ATI standard than the "serious" music of our time, really, when it comes to that, at least where the harmony thing is concerned.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Lawson's music (and the bluegrass of the Bates and other Gothard families) seems to be a-okay as long as the subject matter glorifies God. No drums, no "backbeat," just some pickin and grinnin for Da Lord. There is nothing complicated about his music, and Gil wouldn't allow it if it weren't Gothard-approved material. Lawson may be an ass, but he's still his father's problem. 

How does Erin get away with her Christmas CD? There are a couple of mainstream classic Christmas song on it.

Erin is no longer under the umbrella of her father's protection and has denounced Gothard. This also is the wrong thread to be discussing the Bateses (my bad, too; I thought I was on the "friends" board). 

We should probably take this discussion over there if anyone wants to take on Erin's album. All I know about it is what I saw on the show. A piano, a fiddle, and simple, religious tunes. 

That picture isn't photoshopped. Amy has gained a ton of weight in just six months since she posed for a picture in a bikini on her honeymoon. She really is turning into a replica of her mother. Josh Duggar gained a lot of weight right after he married, too, and never lost it.

Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Bought and paid for.

Beer belly.

• Love 5

I so lucked out.  My mother noticed other kids were getting braces so dragged me to the dentist who told her "that kid has near perfect occlusion"  

I always hated going to the doctor, and more so the dentist.  Still do.

When my kids were younger, I remember some of their friends having braces at a young age. My understanding of it was that in certain circumstances it made sense to guide the jaw and teeth to the correct position, rather than wait and until the jaw/teeth were set in an incorrect position.

However I also have seen a dentist or two shake their heads at pulling healthy teeth and doing orthodontia prior to wisdom teeth coming in, and many times kids are near twenty before their wisdom teeth come in.

I would hope that Orthodontists wouldn't be slapping braces on young children just for the extra money. But you never know.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, isn't Jenni only eight or nine? That seems awfully young to have braces. It doesn't even look like she has all her permanent teeth yet.

I got braces at age 9. Maybe it was just too early because I needed braces again at 30.

Only the girls get braces in this family, right?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I got braces at age 9. Maybe it was just too early because I needed braces again at 30.

Only the girls get braces in this family, right?

Don't know.  Did you wear a retainer after that?  My daughter recently got braces as an adult.  She didn't need them as a child, but as she aged her skull narrowed and her teeth got crowded.  A couple of years ago I noticed that her top front teeth were being pushed back into her mouth and told her she should talk to her dentist.  Now she's going to have to wear braces for two years, and at some point she's going to have two teeth on top pulled to make room for the rest of the teeth.  After the braces are removed she'll have to wear a retainer nightly for a few months, and then wear it at night either once a week or once a month.  If she gets complacent her teeth could start to shift again, and I guess when that happens the shifting happens pretty quickly.  If she doesn't stay on top of the situation, she's been warned she could end up in braces again.

I don't know about any of the Duggar boys, but Derick has braces.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/806050439528607/?type=3&source=54

I wonder if Miracle Josie has tooth decay. Perhaps it's only a couple of blackberry seeds stuck between her teeth (assuming this is an older photo). Josie's hair is now straight ( from globs of pink baby lotion???), and she is soooo much shorter than Jordyn, who is less than a year older.

Notice Hannie, or Mackenzie curled up on the couch.

They have a program for something like 8-14 year olds at the "homeschool" retreats. It's a bit early for Big Sandy (usually more towards the end of April), but maybe it's already in full swing?

• Love 1

They have a program for something like 8-14 year olds at the "homeschool" retreats. It's a bit early for Big Sandy (usually more towards the end of April), but maybe it's already in full swing?

According to the online schedule, looks like it doesn't start till the 19th ....

• Love 1