Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1447856955./735865236547128/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Is Joy a lost girl or a lonely J ? I think she straddles both circles. Here she is pictured with a miniature horse, or maybe a pony. In the early shows, Joy was a twitchy little girl and tween. Frequently, the camera would quickly pan out while she made her twitchy faces. She has really grown up and seems much more natural than her older sisters.

I think the Lost Girls were Johannah on down, so Joy was a Howler, if anything. She's in an odd position in the family, bracketed by boys on both sides. But she's 18 now, so I think she should qualify for Lonely J status.

• Love 5

I remember when Joy was the lovely little tomboy who made the basketball shot on a skateboard while wearing a skirt. I miss that little girl. Before her parents decided it was time for her to be more ladylike.

• Love 10

so wht's up with Amy?

I'm suprised she isn't pregnant by now.

She's certainly no busy business woman too busy with business to have a baby. She's been up to this:

24ewfft.jpg

And this

343ng2w.jpg

She's probably waiting to see how Counting On fares before she gestates her own little attention seeker.

• Love 1

OMG!! You just reminded me of my childhood, practicing for my FIRST HOLY COMMUNION by tearing off pieces of Wonder bread to swallow without allowing it to, disrespectfully to Jesus, touch my teeth. Crazy stuff they foisted upon innocent, gullible children.

When I was in CCD, our teacher cut up little pieces of Pillsbury Crescent rolls. She also told us if we didn't fully swallow the wafer before turning away from the Priest, he'd yank us by the shoulder and scream at us in front of the entire church. Ah, the memories:)

Amy looks like she has a full, very busy life of doing absolutely nothing. She'll definitely spit out a kid to secure future child support, I think she's just biding her time, clinging to any shred of hope that she might still have a career in country music.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

She's certainly no busy business woman too busy with business to have a baby. She's been up to this:

24ewfft.jpg

And this

343ng2w.jpg

She's probably waiting to see how Counting On fares before she gestates her own little attention seeker.

I wonder if she dispenses with the makeup when she is with the Duggars.

"Amy's hands say "free XXXX" what is the other word? Can't be Free Jing could it? lol

Actually, I think the one word looks like "HERE", but I can't make out the other...almost looks as though it's got an apostrophe in it (that extra mark on the finger with the "N"), though it could just be a smudge. I can't figure it out, though.

It could almost be "HERE N' HOT", except that the N is on the wrong end of the word...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 1

She said that it was an older pic that she basically dredged up. But yeah, it's "Hot 'n here!" I can be more gangsta than that, and I'm pretty much the same age as her mother. Geezus.

Is this Amy letting her freak flag fly high? Straight out of Tontitown

• Love 2

I hope the Howlers and Lost Girls all turn out to be the rebels of their cult.  Living regular lives, getting regular jobs, going to college, listening to all kinds of music, eloping, living with significant others, becoming part of other religions - or not at all, being kind to animals, using birth control if desired, and completely shunning their quiverfull upbringing. That would be a good show.

• Love 4

Is that mean to do or what?  Give the kids a break I mean does JB hate them or something?  If my rents had posted a picture like that of me when I was a teen for all the world to see I would never forget it.  JB just trying to brag and make himself look like a responsible father - yet it backfires again because it just makes him look like a selfish parent incapable of empathy or putting his children's feelings first.

• Love 8

He obviously got the 2 for 1 special discount on the old fashioned braces for his son's that he apparently hates enough to post the pictures of them going to the ortho.

It's like naming your kid Spurgeon. It's all about you and your greater glory. While being completely oblivious to the fact that the kid is a person, too. With -- Dog forbid! -- feelings. Of course the Duggar kids don't actually have any friends or acquaintances except a bunch of Gothardite spawn whose parents also treat them like wholly-owned subsidiaries. So I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.  Unless they finally get free.

• Love 6

It's like naming your kid Spurgeon. It's all about you and your greater glory. While being completely oblivious to the fact that the kid is a person, too. With -- Dog forbid! -- feelings. Of course the Duggar kids don't actually have any friends or acquaintances except a bunch of Gothardite spawn whose parents also treat them like wholly-owned subsidiaries. So I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.  Unless they finally get free.

True, everything you're saying is the truth.  I hope they do finally get free.  Someone tell them they outnumber their horrible parents and they have rights to make their own choices when they reach adulthood. 

• Love 4

Justin's teeth look slightly crooked at most in that creepy super close up photo. Why get him braces? And why were all of these photos taken about 3 inches from their faces?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

Gross. Don't the wafers melt in your mouth so you don't chew Jesus, an then the PB would adhere to your palate? (Not meaning to be rude re:wafers; grew up on those myself in the Episcopal Church.)

When I was a little girl back in the 60's and made my First Holy Communion, there was no such thing as a practice run with a non-consecrated Host. First time I had one in my mouth was in front of the whole congregation. It stuck to my tongue and I started to gag and was led out the church my my aunt while being admonished to not vomit Jesus in front of the congregation. Better to choke than to bite the Son of God.

• Love 6

I'm glad they're taking care of the boys' teeth. I didn't think they would after the whole thing about Johannah's plastic surgery.

I feel bad for all the kids but I think the Howlers make me the saddest. I really don't know anything about them in comparison and everyone just lumps them together. Maybe we'll find out more about them via People when the time comes to court. Or maybe they'll give a big F you and not do anything. Or, hopefully, they'll be out of the media by then. But who knows. Maybe they'll be around forever.

• Love 3

Justin's teeth look slightly crooked at most in that creepy super close up photo. Why get him braces? And why were all of these photos taken about 3 inches from their faces?

I don't think any of them appear to really need braces. Is this the end of their orthodontia? Do their back teeth look really bad? I don't see any "pulls" that need rearranging...

Crazy.

Orthodontia is a must for dental health. Those crowded teeth will become easy targets for decay. Why are people so anti straight teeth? That is probably why Derik is in the place he is now because his mother never dealt with it. It isn't just cosmetic folks. Bite problems lead to TMJ issues. At least the Duggar's do something right.

• Love 3

The only Duggar boy with any charm or any inclination to be an entertainer is Jackson, and Justin honestly seems to hate his fucking guts. So no boyband JimBob

Jackson acts like an effeminate 5 year old. Sorry, but I think being the last boy messed him up. He gives me the creeps, and will until he gets some puberty to mature him.

• Love 3

Sure get the kids braces if they need them but don't post it on facebook just to make yourself look like a great parent.  I mean these are kids with no privacy and the pictures before the braces were put in are just cruel to do to your kids.  

• Love 3

I agree with TEEVEE - grandson had seemingly pretty good teeth.  Dentist found one of his wisdom teeth or molars or a back tooth growing sideways into his soft palate.  He needed braces to move things over and there is a  procedure to  put a chain on the tooth growing sideways and hook it to the braces and over time and adjustment it would get where it needs to be.  It is in process now.  Dentist said now his teeth look pretty good but as he got older that tooth up there would cause him problems and it is harder when someone is grown to deal with things like that.  

• Love 1

I remember JB always saying that teeth are important and when they had limited resources they found a way to get the kids' teeth taken care of.  Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, they did say that in one of the episodes. But judging by Jill and Joy's apparent lack of retainer-wearing and resultant "out" two front teeth, they could probably just save themselves the money and not bother.

• Love 1

Yes, they did say that in one of the episodes. But judging by Jill and Joy's apparent lack of retainer-wearing and resultant "out" two front teeth, they could probably just save themselves the money and not bother.

I was thinking the same thing. Boob is going to spend thousands on braces and none of these boys will bother to wear their retainers. I'm sure Jana will be blamed after their teeth shift, because she didn't give them daily reminders. God forbid a Duggar Male take any responsibility for himself, right?

Anna was blamed for both Josh's weight gain and not following directions prior to his wisdom teeth removal.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

I was thinking the same thing. Boob is going to spend thousands on braces and none of these boys will bother to wear their retainers. I'm sure Jana will be blamed after their teeth shift, because she didn't give them daily reminders. God forbid a Duggar Male take any responsibility for himself, right?

Anna was blamed for both Josh's weight gain and not following directions prior to his wisdom teeth removal.

Well, what the hell are women good for if we can't get things like this right? We certainly have no other functions on this earth ... Other than lugging and ejecting our men's offspring during those first nine months, of course. But that's just temporary and no inconvenience since we carry 'em inside.

• Love 4

I was raised Catholic and when we practiced for our First Communion the nuns told us not to bite the host as it symbolized the body of Christ. However, I guess I was a heathen because when it got stuck to the roof of my mouth I chewed it and swallowed.  Our nuns were nuts but I don't remember them saying we would go to hell if we chewed. I was taught(8 years Catholic school, God help me), it symbolized the body  of  Christ, not that it was the body of Christ.  I would guess everybody has a different story on what Communion represents depending on how it was explained to them.  Years ago when kids made their Communion they were only in second grade. Now they are a little older and are in third or fourth grade. MY BF's son made his two years ago and he was 9 yrs old.

Ok, I have to ask, when you do communion you aren't supposed to bite? I grew up going to an Assembly of God church, we (or at least I) didn't know there were rules about communion like that.

As Episcopalians, we were taught to let the wafer dissolve but I don't recall any big issue being made about it if you needed to chew. I may have just tuned it out, but we did have a pretty mellow church. I stopped attending years ago but recently have been back a few times. I was surprised to find that our church now ...serves? actual bread instead of wafer, and the chunks are pretty big. You have to chew madly like a squirrel to get the bread down before the wine comes your way! Or you can wait and dip the bread in the chalice, which would have made better sense, I suppose. Anyway, I chawed Jesus and it was tasty.

The church program noted, next to "Holy Communion," that a gluten-free option is available and the priest also announced this. For some reason I found the notation hilarious in the midst of all the ceremonial language. So very...Seattle. I wondered how awkward it would be to stay the priest's hand and whisper, "Gluten free" at the communion rail.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 9

As Episcopalians, we were taught to let the wafer dissolve but I don't recall any big issue being made about it if you needed to chew. I may have just tuned it out, but we did have a pretty mellow church. I stopped attending years ago but recently have been back a few times. I was surprised to find that our church now ...serves? actual bread instead of wafer, and the chunks are pretty big. You have to chew madly like a squirrel to get the bread down before the wine comes your way! Or you can wait and dip the bread in the chalice, which would have made better sense, I suppose. Anyway, I chawed Jesus and it was tasty.

The church program noted, next to "Holy Communion," that a gluten-free option is available and the priest also announced this. For some reason I found the notation hilarious in the midst of all the ceremonial language. So very...Seattle. I wondered how awkward it would be to stay the priest's hand and whisper, "Gluten free" at the communion rail.

"Gluten-free Jesus" is my favorite thing today.

• Love 15

I remember JB always saying that teeth are important and when they had limited resources they found a way to get the kids' teeth taken care of. Does anyone else remember that?

I remember seeing that and thinking it was too bad he didn't feel that way about education.

And I say that as someone whose mother and sister are dentists. Oral health is not something I'm taking lightly.

• Love 5

Once again the thread is about the other Duggars, Grandma Duggar and Amy. It is not about your own religious experiences. I am sure there are billions or even zillions places to talk about religion in the internet world. Please try to keep it on topic or posts will be hidden or deleted by the mods. Thank you.

Jackson acts like an effeminate 5 year old. Sorry, but I think being the last boy messed him up. He gives me the creeps, and will until he gets some puberty to mature him.

There's nothing like the Duggar receding hair line (which seems to occur at puberty) to "mature" you.

I agree -Jackson will always act like a 5 year old. What a shame. He has never been allowed to hang with the older Howlers & is included with the Lost girls & the Smugettes. Wonder what grade level he is on.

• Love 3

Barb - I think there was something on the Duggar Family or Jessa FB last year that said Jackson was in 3rd grade. I think sadly, that quite a few of the kids have learning issues. Who was Jill helping with the flash cards which were maybe a second grade level math?  Was that James ? Sorry, I can't remember which kid but I do remember being shocked he would be at a 2nd grade math level at his age.

Sadly, that is their homefooling at work.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2