Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

In the episodes when Jordyn was a baby (I have seen a heap of them in the last week or 2), M went everywhere with that damn cushion/pillow thing strapped to her middle, and this pink printed cover tied around her neck, with Jordyn hidden underneath. It was probably mostly for show, but I can't believe M would have willingly carried a baby around when she didn't have the need to do so. But then, Jordyn would only have been about four months old when M got caught with Josie.

That said, when Josie was finally able to drink the expressed milk and did not put on weight, M said to the nurses that her milk was like skim milk, not much fat. That was before Josie was found to be intolerant of Ms milk.

That said, when Josie was finally able to drink the expressed milk and did not put on weight, M said to the nurses that her milk was like skim milk, not much fat. That was before Josie was found to be intolerant of Ms milk.

Breast milk looks like skim milk. I doubt Michelle knows what she is talking about. LOL.

Like I said..."tends to delay pregnancy". Nothing is absolute in life but death itself.

• Love 1

Gothard had special weaning instructions to push women to become pregnant almost immediately. Normal, sustained breastfeeding across the board with women (and of course there will always be exceptions with individual women) leads to pregnancy every nine to eighteen months after birth, meaning a baby every eighteen months to every two years.

• Love 3

I have three fundie-lite friends who had babies 14 or 13 months apart. They all assumed breast-feeding would keep them from getting pregnant right away. 14 minus 9 means the baby was about five months old when they conceived, although it's confusing because almost all of the second babies were  premature (but grew to be relatively healthy.)

Holy crap, irisheyes, that's a linebacker! I hope you had an epidural!  You certainly deserved one. :D

C-section. Of course, his head was as wide as his shoulders, so he wasn't coming out any other way. :D

Is Jilly doing a home birth? I guess when you can have the J'Slaves come over to cook and clean for you, you don't need a hospital.

http://instagram.com/p/zBjJmxGCeI/

^ Derick confirms that his co-workers did indeed throw him and Jill a baby shower.  A little sleuthing reveals that the actual shower took place at a church and not his office. Also note that Derick says this was his first baby shower. I don’t know if he was talking about for him in general or the first for their baby. If it’s the latter, I think it’s interesting that they haven’t had multiple baby showers by now.  Just a theory but I wonder if maybe Derick and Jill told their friends and families that they didn't need any more baby gifts and only felt it would be rude to turn down his co-workers?

• Love 2

I was a SAHM & Mr Jumbo's small office had a shower for us (& it was our third- though a *surpise* baby so we didn't have any baby items any more).

I still think it was odd that so many family members showed up for Derickdillard's office shower.

And where was Jessa??

• Love 1

Richard James Robert Dillard, but he'll never escape the nickname Dilly. March 18th, 8lb.10 oz. 22.5 in. Born at home with Mullet hogging camera time. Wouldn't be surprised if JimBoob posted news of the birth on the gate of the compound, like they do at Buckingham Palace for a royal birth.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 2

I was a SAHM & Mr Jumbo's small office had a shower for us (& it was our third- though a *surpise* baby so we didn't have any baby items any more).

I still think it was odd that so many family members showed up for Derickdillard's office shower.

And where was Jessa??

Well like I said, the baby shower took place at a church and not his office so that could explain why so many family members showed up (one of Derick's co-workers mentioned it in the comments).  I think it's more odd that Jessa wasn't there, which I didn't realize until you brought it up. It's not like she has anything better to do with her free time (no school, no job, just endless hours for her to take selfies and post passive-aggressive bible quotes on IG) for her to miss her sister's shower. 

Edited by Mariva
  • Love 2

OK - just want to see how close I get.  Baby Dilly arrives March 29 - my paternal grandfather's 105th birthday - 22 inches long and weighing an even 10 lbs.

Now for something I'm sure of - Granny Mechelle will not do any laundry or shopping, run the vacuum around or bring along any freezer-to-oven meals for the new family. She may offer the services of a J-Slave or two, however, for an indeterminate length of time.

Edited by Wellfleet

3/18, 8:17 am. 8 pounds, 8 ounces 19 inches.

Name guess: I have no clue, so I'm gonna say Richard "Ricky" James Dillard

ETA: I made a google doc. Anyone can add, but don't change your answers!! If you want to go back and add info you forgot (length, name, etc) please do!! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qHp_SI9HY9Ono0kPZwtFO3e1fcux7a-NJexbr2gH5Sg/edit?pli=1#gid=0</a>

I also think it's funny that people are thinking pretty much the same names, haha.

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays
  • Love 5

Thanks, Spaghetti Tuesdays, that was nice of you......I guess I'll add a name to my entry..Richard Michael Dillard OR (because the Duggars are vain...Richard Duggar Dillard..I think they won't want to lose the "Duggar name".

I, too, find it strange that so many of Jill's family attended derickdillard's CO-WORKER'S shower. I would think it's for the office personnel to host and attend. I've never seen that before, especially since this isn't the only shower Jill was given, I'm sure she had a "family shower" or two for those people. But, the Duggars always stick themselves in everything, don't they?

• Love 3

I think it's fine the Duggars attended the shower. If it was indeed the first one Jill and Derick have received, I don't think it's wrong for the sisters (or whomever) to attend, particularly since Derick said the shower was not held at work.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

The only reason that makes sense to me for Jill's family showing up at the shower put on by Derick's office mates is if they were invited guests.

If they weren't invited guests, and Jill asked one of Derick's coworkers if she could invite some of her family members -- what are they gonna tell her, no? I could totally see Jill making this request because she's a)young and naive b)wasn't raised with proper social norms. And with Michelle as a mother, she, of course, didn't see anything awkward about it -- assuming they weren't initially invited guests.

• Love 2
ETA: I made a google doc. Anyone can add, but don't change your answers!! If you want to go back and add info you forgot (length, name, etc) please do!! https://docs.google....pli=1#gid=0</a>

Thank you, SpaghettiTuesdays!  I'd been trying to decide if the baby pool warranted its own thread or not, but I think this is a better idea.  I'm going to pin a post at the top of the thread letting people know they can go to your spreadsheet to enter their guess if they want.  Winner gets . . . . to be the winner, I guess?

• Love 2

Hey all!  As you may know Baby Jilly Dilly the Wonder Child is due within the next 6-8 weeks.  Posters here have started a baby pool to guess baby's date of birth, weight, height and name.

If you'd like to participate, please go to the fabulous Google spreadsheet created by SpaghettiTuesdays here.

Winner gets . . . .to be the winner.  And all the fleeting and completely insignificant glory that comes therewith.

• Love 18

Even if the Duggars weren't invited guests, they probably would have crashed the shower anyways. When have they ever turned down free food?

I've participated in work showers before and I've never been to one that included the couple's family members. That's the whole purpose of a work shower, because co-workers typically don't go to the shower that's hosted by family and friends. I agree with msblossom, that Jill, with her complete social ineptitude, asked if her family could come.

• Love 6

Hey all!  As you may know Baby Jilly Dilly the Wonder Child is due within the next 6-8 weeks.  Posters here have started a baby pool to guess baby's date of birth, weight, height and name.

If you'd like to participate, please go to the fabulous Google spreadsheet created by SpaghettiTuesdays here.

Winner gets . . . .to be the winner.  And all the fleeting and completely insignificant glory that comes therewith.

Thanks for doing this!!! We have the best mods.

We should have Jerick autograph the umbilical cord or something. Then the winner will get something!!!

• Love 1

So now Jill is getting all cosy with US Weekly to have her baby shower pictures for all to see. She is hte queen of famewhoring that's for sure.

Just precious and sweet. Do they know any other words?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-celebrate-baby-shower-with-co-workers-2015132

[snip] Jill did not share her baby shower pics with US Weekly. US Weekly is just ripping her photos straight off from her and Derick's social media and writing articles about it [snip]. They do the same for the other Duggars, Jessa, Ben, etc. Jill doesn't mind the attention for sure, but it's not fair to brand her a famewhore over something that she has really no control over. If people weren't interested in hearing about her and her family, entertainment sites would stop covering them, plain and simple.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

Even if the Duggars weren't invited guests, they probably would have crashed the shower anyways. When have they ever turned down free food?

I've participated in work showers before and I've never been to one that included the couple's family members. That's the whole purpose of a work shower, because co-workers typically don't go to the shower that's hosted by family and friends. I agree with msblossom, that Jill, with her complete social ineptitude, asked if her family could come.

I don't know about that.  Wouldn't it have been more convenient to just hold the baby shower at his office if they only wanted his co-workers to be there? The fact that his co-workers sought an outside venue to hold the shower suggests to me that they expected or planned for other people to come. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason was because they wanted a chance to mingle with some local "celebrities", which the Duggars are. 

• Love 3

[snip] Jill did not share her baby shower pics with US Weekly. US Weekly is just ripping her photos straight off from her and Derick's social media and writing articles about it [snip]. They do the same for the other Duggars, Jessa, Ben, etc. Jill doesn't mind the attention for sure, but it's not fair to brand her a famewhore over something that she has really no control over. If people weren't interested in hearing about her and her family, entertainment sites would stop covering them, plain and simple.

US Weekly ripping off the pic is confirmed by the fact that they claim the shower happened yesterday, when we all know it happened LAST FUCKING WEEK! If I could comment on their stupid site, I would tell them to get their facts straight before posting shit as fact. 

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

US Weekly ripping off the pic is confirmed by the fact that they claim the shower happened yesterday, when we all know it happened LAST FUCKING WEEK! If I could comment on their stupid site, I would tell them to get their facts straight before posting shit as fact. 

It also looks like US Weekly is recycling things that they reported last year.  Like the part where Jill told US that "We are super excited" was from September or October of  2014.

• Love 2

If Jill were not a famewhore then she would have not had a public registry were her fans could send her presents. She could have had a nice quiet wedding. No publicity. etc. but famewhoring brings in the $$$$$$ she learned it from her daddy. 

You better believe that she got money from People Magazine for her wedding pictures otherwise she would have not done it. Simply that is not ministry work that she is doing she is doing it for $$$$$$. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6

Jill enjoys the attention she gets from being married and having a baby, and she willingly goes along with selling her new life to the highest bidder. She is a famewhore just like her parents.

I also would not be surprise if Derick's co-workers baby shower ends up on the show. Got to share the awesome, amazing, blessed baby shower moments with the television audience don't ya know.

Jill enjoys the attention she gets from being married and having a baby, and she willingly goes along with selling her new life to the highest bidder. She is a famewhore just like her parents.

Of course she does. Getting married and having babies has been her entire life goal, and plenty of normal people with other goals are just as smug about wedding planning, newlywed bliss, and pregnancy, as though their life choices and milestones are as important to everyone else as they are to them. It majorly bugs, but I'm hardly seeing her as egregious.

The Duggars post to IG, etc way less than some real people I know - at least in the Duggars' case, people actually do care, and staying in the public eye/connecting with fans actually brings in money. A social media presence is sort of an actual job requirement for them. D-list celeb/reality TV "ministry" is probably the only way JB&M would approve of their married daughters working and bringing in money, though I'd guess that Derek would support Jill's continuing as a midwife or doing other work if she wanted to. Their privacy/fame trade-off was made for them long ago, so to me it makes perfect sense they'd take the TLC focus and People covers - and the cash/control over the story - while they can. It's far more surprising to me that anyone first starting a courtship with any of the kids agree to it.

• Love 6

You'd go broke providing a gift to all this family's events, birthdays, weddings and showers, babies, ye gads.  I hate that stuff.  I mean really hate it.  And I abhor that TLC does birthday episodes for ALL their TV families.  What a bore.  Well, maybe I'm a crab and cheap, but heck, I didn't give myself a donation party when my house burned down and I won't have a house warming when it's rebuilt.  Phooey.

• Love 3

You'd go broke providing a gift to all this family's events, birthdays, weddings and showers, babies, ye gads.  I hate that stuff.  I mean really hate it.  And I abhor that TLC does birthday episodes for ALL their TV families.  What a bore.  Well, maybe I'm a crab and cheap, but heck, I didn't give myself a donation party when my house burned down and I won't have a house warming when it's rebuilt.  Phooey.

It also might be a little different if we ever saw them GIVING a present, but all they seem to do is take, take, take. They cheap or chintzy their way out of a lot of situations IMO, starting with all the crap they take on their "missions visits" to Central America. Take things these poor people really need - not effing nail polish, you idiots!!

• Love 10

Micks Picks - I really love the name you picked for Dilly haha

I wonder who they'll pick for godparents. (Do the Duggars do godparents??)

Me too!  Although I have to admit "Millard Dillard" from jmt111 is my fave so far! LOL..

• Love 3

I'm surprised that we don't already know Baby Dill Pickle's name. As fame whoreish as Dill are, I'm surprised they haven't blurted it out.  

TrimThatFat: I believe that Richard (Rick) is Derrick's father's name. 

Wellfleet: Good question! As religious as they are, I'd be surprised if they didn't.