Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That blue dress was finally a decent adult looking one. She ruined it with the "beach sandals" she paired it with. She needed some grown up shoes like some simple pumps. It was chilly in NY that day. The Duggars always manage to ruin a potentially good outfit in some manner.

I didn't see the shoes and they can definitely make or break an outfit. 

DoctorWhovian, you didn't see the "shoes" because they were barely there! Flimsy sandals you'd pair with some shorts going to the beach.

Jill has got to quit "gardening on her head" soon enough. A baby will be pulling at those flowers and headbands. Maybe she'll get the message to grow up. My mother used to say that how you dress on the outside shows what's "going on" on the inside. Obviously, taking that sentiment into action,, Jill thinks she's a 1980s 14 year old.

• Love 1

DoctorWhovian, you didn't see the "shoes" because they were barely there! Flimsy sandals you'd pair with some shorts going to the beach.

Jill has got to quit "gardening on her head" soon enough. A baby will be pulling at those flowers and headbands. Maybe she'll get the message to grow up. My mother used to say that how you dress on the outside shows what's "going on" on the inside. Obviously, taking that sentiment into action,, Jill thinks she's a 1980s 14 year old.

Spot-on. And who was a teen in the early 80s?  Momma Mechelle...

• Love 3

I figure the tight shirt is allowed since it shows BABY... which is the most important thing in the world.

Wouldn't a tight shirt be uncomfortable for a pregnant woman? I've never been pregnant *knock on wood* but I know when I get bloated a tight shirt is the last thing I'd want to be in.

Who's the cute normal girl with the whore neckline? Maybe she can help Jill with her closet.

Taking a wild jab here, but I think that's dericks brother's girlfriend.

Oh my God. I'm sorry, but Jill is just a train wreck of a fashion disaster. Jill, please beg your MIL for some much needed fashion advice and soon.

I wonder who the couple are on the left and who the bearded guy is in the back? I suspect the man behind Cathy is her husband. So glad Cathy is well and I sincerely pray that she stays that way.

• Love 2

And here's a gift-wrapped Baby Dilly...

http://instagram.com/p/xDdlWOLsyY/

I'm very supportive of parents to be who are excited, but that's just about the most ridiculous thing I've seen from them. I mean -- there's an actual gift tag that says To Jill & Derick, from: God. Really!? And today is the celebration of JC's birth, and while their kid is important -- seriously are they really insinuating that he is at the level of the Christ child? Maybe that's not how they mean it, but that's how it comes across.

• Love 10

I was just going to post about The Gift From God. These two are incredibly tone deaf. As someone whose struggled with infertility in a very religious community, this is such a hurtful message. So does God love them more than Erin and Chad Payne? Conceiving a child is a biological function. Full Stop. Not proof of ones favor with God.

• Love 10

I was just going to post about The Gift From God. These two are incredibly tone deaf. As someone whose struggled with infertility in a very religious community, this is such a hurtful message. So does God love them more than Erin and Chad Payne? Conceiving a child is a biological function. Full Stop. Not proof of ones favor with God.

Aren't some or all of the Bates with the Duggars this Christmas? I thought I saw a few of the older sons in some of the pics posted. I'm sorry but I don't understand how you can see the Bates family this afternoon (even if Erin and Chad aren't there), you know that Erin miscarried and then you post something that evening that sounds like you're equating your kid with the Christ child and sounds like you're saying that you got a baby because God loves you and Derick the most.

I mean it is no big deal to be married for one year and not have a child -- I mean most couples want one (and actually many) years of getting to live together, travel and  have fun before the responsibilities that come with a newborn. BUT in this particular culture where it's procreation over everything else, you know Erin (and to some extent Chad) must be feeling like something is wrong with them physically or that they did something wrong religiously to be married for a whole year without a baby and to have lost a pregnancy. Now of course you can't and shouldn't "hide" your kid/pregnancy because of that, I mean Erin obviously has to deal with Zach's son and is probably handling that just fine -- but you'd think you'd be more sensitive about how you addressed your pregnancy if you know your family's "best" friends are likely reading and could be feeling bad.

• Love 1

I feel like the guy in the one commercial who is looking at his bill from his satellite cable company, and he is totally lost for words. Jill and Derick take being obnoxious and famewhoring to a whole new level.

I'm with you - I'm totally speechless.

That's just mind boggling  -- I think they may have even surpassed JB and J'chelle in cluelessness here, and they've only been married six months! I can't imagine where they got the idea that comparing their baby to the Christ child -- on Christmas Day no less -- was a good idea. Even if they didn't mean it that way, and it's possible that they considered the picture and the quote to be completely separate, someone should have given them a tap on the shoulder by now, and the photo should be down.

If TLC was considering giving them a spin-off, I hope that they have changed their minds. Damage control on the Dillards may be just as difficult as keeping a rein on the Seewalds.

• Love 3

While I can make the argument that every child is a gift from God (which is not the same as believing it) the number of miscarriages and still pens had taught me that every pregnancy is NOT such a gift.

• Love 1

I'm very supportive of parents to be who are excited, but that's just about the most ridiculous thing I've seen from them. I mean -- there's an actual gift tag that says To Jill & Derick, from: God. Really!? And today is the celebration of JC's birth, and while their kid is important -- seriously are they really insinuating that he is at the level of the Christ child? Maybe that's not how they mean it, but that's how it comes across.

I guess having sex wasn't apart of their child's conception

They put a huge red bow and gift tag around Jill and people think they were being serious about comparing #BabyDilly to the next coming of Jesus? To me it seems like they were being more tongue-in-cheek and having some fun. [snip] I thought it was a cute photo…and different from their usual baby bump updates (which they haven’t done in a while).

And seriously, I don’t understand what Jill’s pregnancy has anything to do with Chad and Erin? I understand some women have fertility problems and I sympathize with them but that doesn’t preclude millions of women with no known fertility issue from getting pregnant. HER OWN PREGNANT SISTER ALYSSA posted an update today wearing a shirt that said “tis the season to be pregnant”. [snip]

[snip] Seems like pretty typical first-time parents behavior to me. I guess I don't see Jill as being any more obnoxious then some of my currently expecting friends who like to post multiple baby updates throughout that day. In comparison I really don't think Jill has posted that much about her pregnancy, at least on her social media. Most of her updates have come from TLC and/or People and honestly if that's something in her contract that she's getting paid to do then I say good for her! For years she had no choice when her parents decided to pimp out their entire family for fame and money. At least now she and Derick can get their own paychecks, something I doubt she and her siblings saw during all those seasons spent in front of the camera. 

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 7

[snip] You don't see any problem with a pregnant woman posting a picture of herself with the caption:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." #Isaiah9:6

I get that they're excited, but that's just ridiculous. 

I don't even think that they meant it the way that it looks, but yes, they should be more aware of their public presence. Before, we could say that Jill didn't choose to be a public figure, her parent chose it for her. Clearly, though, she has now chosen to be in the public eye as an adult, and she need to be aware of the image that she is portraying.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 7

She posted that verse AFTER she mentioned that they were celebrating the birth of Jesus and thanking God for their baby. I’m not the least bit religious and even I know that verse to be a very common around this time of year. You said it yourself that you don’t think they meant it the way it looks. And judging by the comments on her IG (ugh, why do I torture myself?!) it seems like the vast majority didn’t see it that way either. The few trolls on her page are more concerned with arguing over the actual date of birth for Jesus’ than whether Jill was actually comparing her baby boy to Jesus Christ. [snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 5

I don't follow Alyssa Bates so I can't say if she's as in your face about her pregnancy as Jill. It's wonderful when people are able to celebrate welcoming a new member to the family. Jill has just take it to a whole new level. The constant belly shots, crazy registry...all in the most public ways possible.

• Love 3

They put a huge red bow and gift tag around Jill and people think they were being serious about comparing #BabyDilly to the next coming of Jesus? To me it seems like they were being more tongue-in-cheek and having some fun. [snip] I thought it was a cute photo…and different from their usual baby bump updates (which they haven’t done in a while).

And seriously, I don’t understand what Jill’s pregnancy has anything to do with Chad and Erin? I understand some women have fertility problems and I sympathize with them but that doesn’t preclude millions of women with no known fertility issue from getting pregnant. HER OWN PREGNANT SISTER ALYSSA posted an update today wearing a shirt that said “tis the season to be pregnant”. [snip]

[snip] Seems like pretty typical first-time parents behavior to me. I guess I don't see Jill as being any more obnoxious then some of my currently expecting friends who like to post multiple baby updates throughout that day. In comparison I really don't think Jill has posted that much about her pregnancy, at least on her social media. Most of her updates have come from TLC and/or People and honestly if that's something in her contract that she's getting paid to do then I say good for her! For years she had no choice when her parents decided to pimp out their entire family for fame and money. At least now she and Derick can get their own paychecks, something I doubt she and her siblings saw during all those seasons spent in front of the camera. 

I really don't think the Dillards are being tongue-in-cheek here. Derick, from what we've seen, looks to be a generally-serious fellow [which is fine].  And after years of observation, I've noticed very little humor in the Duggar family at all.  Basically, ain't nobody funny here.  They're too concerned with all the bad things that might happen to them and how to avoid them at all costs.  Secondly, I don't think they possess the level of sophistication that would be needed for them to come up with this themselves.  The Duggar sense of humor, such as it is, runs to stuffing sardines and mothballs in honeymoon getaway cars.  Or having a clown on stilts come to a birthday party for a cousin that's terrified of clowns.  Yep, apparently that's what funny is to them.  Frightening people [family members yet] and making disgusting messes that others will need to clean up.  Eleven-year old boy humor.  I'm still waiting to see John-David light Joseph's farts on fire someday.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 3

Every baby is a miracle to these people. Jill probably gets extra points, because it took no time at all for her to conceive. 

Weird thought.  I wonder if Jill's wedding date could actually have been chosen because it was smack-dab in the middle of her most-fertile time?  If so, ick and double-ick.

• Love 3

I don't follow Alyssa Bates so I can't say if she's as in your face about her pregnancy as Jill. It's wonderful when people are able to celebrate welcoming a new member to the family. Jill has just take it to a whole new level. The constant belly shots, crazy registry...all in the most public ways possible.

I guess part of why it's hard (for me, at least) to understand why people say Jill is so in-your-face about her pregnancy is that she (and/or her posts and articles written about her) aren't coming to us, we're going to them. If they upset you (I don't mean this poster in particular), stop looking for and at the postings and articles.

• Love 7

The Duggars brought this on themselves when they decided to air their lives to the general public. If Jill and Derick do not want people to comment about her pregnancy, they need to stop the articles/videos, and not let their facebook page and instagram pictures be shown to everyone. She is not special because she got pregnant. If the Duggars can not take the famewhoring heat, they need to get out of their famewhoring kitchen.

I guess part of why it's hard (for me, at least) to understand why people say Jill is so in-your-face about her pregnancy is that she (and/or her posts and articles written about her) aren't coming to us, we're going to them. If they upset you (I don't mean this poster in particular), stop looking for and at the postings and articles.

Must agree. I became hooked on the TV show when it first come on the air, and it took time for me to see the Duggars for what, I believe, they really are. To realize that a lot of the things I originally admired aren't really very admirable when more information is known. But I avoid social media because I know I'll see things that will probably irritate or annoy me further. I admit I'll probably always watch them the TV show though. Unless of course we get another season as lame and interminably-long as the Jill wedding season - that will end my viewing for good.

Edited by NausetGirl

Weird thought.  I wonder if Jill's wedding date could actually have been chosen because it was smack-dab in the middle of her most-fertile time?  If so, ick and double-ick.

Actually, no. She was just finishing her period on her wedding night. From baby due date trackers, it appears that her LMP was on 6/19 - two days before the wedding (also my birthday, which is why I remember the date). This perfectly coincides with a July 1 conception. 

As for that pic, my jaw literally dropped. Derick has proven to be every bit as fundie as Jill, so I don't see this as a "fun" thing. Pretty much the first thing in the Duggar Agenda is that Babies Are a Gift From God. They took this concept literally, and, IMO, a bit too far. We get it already! 

• Love 3

Sigh. I'm the biggest snarker of the Duggars there is, but I don't think Jill and Derick meant to infer that their baby was the equivalent of Jesus. I'm also the biggest eye-roller when it comes to women sharing every annoying detail of their pregnancies, but I actually thought the picture with the bow around her waist was really cute. Okay, back to being a cynic now....

• Love 11

Sigh. I'm the biggest snarker of the Duggars there is, but I don't think Jill and Derick meant to infer that their baby was the equivalent of Jesus. I'm also the biggest eye-roller when it comes to women sharing every annoying detail of their pregnancies, but I actually thought the picture with the bow around her waist was really cute. Okay, back to being a cynic now....

I thought the picture was diabetes-inducing and completely over-the-top. But I don't think the Dillards are comparing their child to Jesus. I don't even think Boob himself could have come up with that concept.

Now, Mechelle on the other hand... LOL.

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 5

There's nothing wrong with Jill and Derrick posting a photo celebrating their pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with a person posting a quote to celebrate Jesus on Christmas. There is something weird about doing them together because it draws an obvious parallel between the two, even if the poster is too dense to realize that people will do this. It could be a tongue-in-cheek joke, but I don't believe they have the proper sense of humor to do that.

• Love 10

Agreed -- there is nothing wrong with posting pregnancy shots. I mean it's tacky but so many people do it that it's actually become normal. It's also not wrong to post about the birth of Jesus/post a Bible quote on Christmas. However to post both at the same time on Christmas makes it seem -- upon my first quick glance -- like an insinuation that the birth of their son is as "important" as Jesus's birth. As I said in my first post -- maybe they didn't even mean it like that -- but that's how it comes across when someone just looks at it quickly. At least that's what I initially thought.

• Love 1

At risk of sounding like an old fogie- I think all the constant couple posing & now baby bump-showing selfies are just so self important & narcissistic. It takes a certain amount of ego to even suppose that people care that much. Although I'm sure the leg humpers stroke that ego.

• Love 11

I appreciate you dialing down the venom in here, guys.  I've snipped a few posts that contained comments about the level of snark on the boards, or disbelief that anyone could think differently than you do.  It's perfectly fine to disagree, but you can do it without basically saying everyone else is operating on some evil agenda.  One good way to is simply phrase your opposing thoughts as your opinion, not in a adversarial tone.

Thanks.

• Love 3

At risk of sounding like an old fogie- I think all the constant couple posing & now baby bump-showing selfies are just so self important & narcissistic. It takes a certain amount of ego to even suppose that people care that much. Although I'm sure the leg humpers stroke that ego.

Honestly, I don't feel that they're doing anything that hundreds and thousands of average people don't do every day on Facebook. You could certainly argue that we've become a culture of over-sharers and I'd agree, but I think Jill and Derick are well within the norm on this.

• Love 4

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with the gift wrapped Jill picture, but I think it's incredibly dorky. I can't believe she even had a tag dangling from that bow. Dang, I had two January babies, so I could have gift wrapped my even bigger belly if I'd only thought of it back then ........ not.

• Love 4

Tina Fey summed things up for me when she said: "Why is it that people seem to feel they need an audience for everything they do now?"

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 15

My mom took photos of her belly as it grew back when she was pregnant with my sister in 1980. It just wasn't on the internet. I have friends who post monthly photos of their babies. I don't really mind, it's not hard to scroll past it. Or if someone really bugs me I can just hide it from the feed. I think what gets me with Jill's is all the bible quotes that sound so smarmy and "Look at us we're pregnant with god's blessing!" And then it's all the praise that is surely feeding the ego fire. But if we think it's bad, can you imagine how bad it's going to get once the baby is here?

• Love 3

The Duggars brought this on themselves when they decided to air their lives to the general public. If Jill and Derick do not want people to comment about her pregnancy, they need to stop the articles/videos, and not let their facebook page and instagram pictures be shown to everyone. She is not special because she got pregnant. If the Duggars can not take the famewhoring heat, they need to get out of their famewhoring kitchen.

This! I'm worried about how much more famewhoring JIll will be doing once the magical $$$$$$ making baby gets here. Will she pimp him out in People for all to see or will she post a picture on Instagram? We will wait and see but I'm banking on a total People spread with the nursery, etc.  And of course Boob and MEchelle will be there to get into the picture. Can't miss an opportunity to say PRECIOUS and SPECIAL can we?

***Lord help me I know way too much about these people.

• Love 4

Oh no. Are Boob and Mechelle going to do the kissy pic with Jill and Derick like they did with Smuganna after Mackynzie was born? That pic ranks up there as one of the most creepy things, ever. 

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Jill painted "Richard James, gift from God" over his crib. (Yes, I'm 100% sure this guy will be named for the fathers.)

• Love 3