Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm a little disappointed, but not really surprised, that Jill has fallen into the "I've landed a man, and therefore invented courtship, engagement, marriage, sex, pregnancy, etc. so I can smugly give unsolicited expert advice on ALL of it, all while creating extensive expensive registries and receive gifts I deserve, because all this is for ministry."  I was sure Jill would be the SAHD, so guess I was wrong there.

It reminds me of the movie, The Devil's Advocate, and Satan saying, "Ah, vanity, my favorite sin...."

• Love 3

Apparently Jill said she won't be doing the one-letter thing and wants to name kids after family members.  I assume this one will be Cathy/Catherine Michelle (or the same names in the reverse order).  I think they'll definitely want to name this one after her in case, god forbid, she doesn't get to see her second grandchild born.  (I think li'l Pickles here is a girl for whatever reason.)  A boy will surely have James for a middle name; not sure which of Derick's dads they'd use; I would guess his deceased biological dad.  (Or maybe not, because wouldn't that make him Rick James?  Or do I have Derick's dad's name wrong?) 

Personally, though, I hope they name him/her Dylan...

I expect something way less traditional than Catherine, Mary Catherine, etc. More like MacKynzie.

Both sets of grandparents-to-be must be disappointed about no letter theme, considering both Jill's and Derrick's parents did letter themes themselves....

SMDH.

Pregnant Jill Duggar and husband Derick Dillard write out Bible passages to hold onto for encouragement during their baby's birth - which is still six months away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2779930/Pregnant-Jill-Duggar-husband-Derick-Dillard-write-Bible-passages-hold-encouragement-baby-s-birth-six-months-away.html#ixzz3FIdzrYbm

1412366294906_wps_47_Jill_Dillard.jpg

1412366299542_wps_48_Jill_Dillard.jpg

1412366305258_wps_49_Jill_Dillard.jpg

This is one thing I absolutely have no issue with. As much as I like to throw in my 2 cents about this family, I actually think it's cool that they posted that on IG. I don't think they're self-righteous by doing this, imo, just encouraging themselves with God's Word. I do this as well -- I call them truth cards.

• Love 8

She looks much more pregnant than I would've expected at this point. I don't mean anything negative by that, just that she has more of an obvious belly going on than I would expect for somebody who's having her first and isn't due for another 5+ months.

• Love 4

She looks much more pregnant than I would've expected at this point. I don't mean anything negative by that, just that she has more of an obvious belly going on than I would expect for somebody who's having her first and isn't due for another 5+ months.

It's hard to tell when she's hunched over, sitting on his lap in a empire waist dress. Those dresses make anyone with a chest and who isn't standing at attention have a pooch.

• Love 1

I can't really fault Jill for that one - unlike her mother, she genuinely likes kids and is probably thrilled to be having a baby.  It's the kind of overexcited crap I'd pull if I were pregnant.  And considering that this fetus is literally Jill's life right now - she has no job and basically nothing else to do while Derick is at work (though cleaning that giant house must take up a lot of time).  Baby planning at least gives her something to do.

• Love 1

I wonder if Jill feels pressured to have a home birth, because all of the births she assisted were home births, or birth center ones.  I hope that Derrick is more attentive than Smuggar was to Anna. If she's crying in pain, don't let her suffer. Not every woman needs to be in pain that can be controlled. Even J'Chelle had epidurals with some of her births.

• Love 1

Still, Jessa needs as little attention as possible.  As long as people listen to her she'll keep believing she actually has something to say.

I say, "Yap on, Jessa!"  She's uneducated about the real world and has been sheltered for 20 years.  She hasn't got Clue 1 about what she's saying, OR about the ramifications of the nonsense she blathers.  The more the Duggars show their true colors in this way, the faster the whole dog and pony show will go away...

• Love 6

Anything that is kind and loving towards a child or even future child is all right in my book. And that includes parents writing out favorite verses from the Bible (or any other book.)

Edited by GEML
  • Love 5

Maybe Jill and Derrick didn't save themselves for the wedding night, and the baby was conceived before the wedding. She looks more far along than she should. Or, she's having twins? Bet Anna is pissed.

That's what I posted yesterday about Anna and Josh's wedding gift choice, guess it was more appropriate than we thought..tsk tsk...I guess they snuck in a huge frontal hug!

• Love 3

Well, as someone who doesn't look at their Instagram, FB pages or any other form of media that isn't being sold, it doesn't look all that different than what I put on my own social media pages.

• Love 4

Well, as someone who doesn't look at their Instagram, FB pages or any other form of media that isn't being sold, it doesn't look all that different than what I put on my own social media pages.

Yup, me too.

This is one thing I absolutely have no issue with. As much as I like to throw in my 2 cents about this family, I actually think it's cool that they posted that on IG. I don't think they're self-righteous by doing this, imo, just encouraging themselves with God's Word. I do this as well -- I call them truth cards.

No I have no issue with it either.  And I have also written out Bible verses for encouragement at times.  What I do take issue with is the need to advertise it to the world. And they are not like us, posting things to Instagram or FB where a few of our close friends and family might see it.  They know that the world at large (well, the part that cares) is looking at these feeds which is the reason they keep putting stuff up.  So there is no reason for them to put pictures of something like that up except that they want other people to see it.  And I can't see any practical reason for showing that to other people.  So I'm gonna have to go with the "shoring up the holy image" argument.

Also  . . . . 6 months out?  Really?  That's the kind of thing you do in the two weeks or so leading up to the birth to keep yourself busy while you're waiting.  There's no need to do it 6 months in advance, and especially no need to advertise it publicly, unless you're doing it to show off.

• Love 6

I am not religious (more spiritual, I suppose, than anything else), and I have index cards with Bible passages in my purse. Sometimes, you just need a little encouragement!

Spirituality is so individual. If writing Bible verses now gives them peace and joy, have at it I say. I'm happy to snark on this family, but Bible verse writing together doesn't seem a problem to me. 

• Love 4

I do honestly think that the Duggars think they are better than most people. That's part and parcel of the way their religion works. (You don't put yourself through all those legalistic loops just for the fun of it.)

But I do also think that in at least some part of their hearts, maybe not in all of them, but in at least a few, there really is still a desire to honestly do good in the world. I do think at least some of them, some of the time, really do mean it when they say they want to encourage other people and feel moved and humbled when people express that they really do feel encouraged by their testimony and witness.

I fully realize that it's hard to separate out any given moment, and I certainly don't claim to have any discernment here. And it's true that their show has corrupted them. But it is encouraging to see a couple so excited to be welcoming their new baby, and, because I do happen to share their faith (in at least some ways) in a spiritual way. (I prefer this to photo of the WalMart registry, for instance.) I'd like to see all babies so welcomed (in whatever manner the parents' chose, of course) rather than begrudge them some photos, when I've done the very same things and had people say the very same words.

• Love 4

Writing down "encouraging" (sorry for that word) bible versus to help later on is a nice thing to do, don't get me wrong, but they are 6 months out, aren't they? I also would like to know what Jill is going to do when she is screaming bloody murder during her "oh so natural home birth", with NO medications for pain and Derick recites those passages? I'd love for her to tell him what to do with those! Just curious, that's all to see how Jill will handle labor. Being that Derick has health insurance, and she's lucky to have those things, she really should deliver in a hospital even if a midwife officiates, but back up emergency medical equipment and staff really would be putting your child first, IMO. I know many women out there prefer to home deliver,, and I'm not saying anything bad about that, but I believe these people home birth because of money and they feel "more holy" suffering through it. Jill has an option here. I'm just curious to see how she will do.

• Love 3

I have to admit. I agree with Jill in regards to her husband's facial hair situation. Keep the scruff, Derick. 

I'm convinced that Baby Dilly will be named after the cancer surviving Grandmother, or the deceased Grandfather on Derick's side. There are plenty of other Duggars who can worship JB and Mullet by naming a child after them, and I'm sure that there will be other Dilly's later on. 

It would be nice to name a baby after Grandma Duggar. She didn't get recognition with any of the J-Slaves. It would be a nice touch. 

• Love 3

I was just musing on this one while reading Anna and Smuggar's thread. We all saw how unconcerned and non-supportive MEchelle was when Anna was in labor/giving birth. I'm guessing that Anna learned pretty quickly that the queen bee would be no help or encouragement at all, and she could deal with Smuggar's behavior later. (I hope she did; she didn't get to "take a nap" while she labored for 17 hours to bring their child into the world with NO DRUGS). Will MEchelle try the same stunts when Jill is in labor? If she does, will Derick have something to say about it?

I'd love to hope that Derick loves his wife enough to intervene if things don't look like they're going well, namely getting her to a hospital and in the care of trained professionals ASAP. I also would like to believe that he'll ask MEchelle to leave if she's running her usual game. It's not all about her. I wish anyone had the guts to stand up to the MOTY and tell her how things really are.

Of course, IMHO.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 2

Personally, while I sympathize with poor Anna's actual pain in childbirth with no anesthesia, giving birth in the tub aaaaaand the toilet, etc., I thought she was really milking it (no pun intended) for all it was worth in the SUV on the drive to the midwife's place.  Whether that was producer-driven or just Anna enjoying the spotlight, I don't know, but I would've pointedly ignored her, too!  Never could stand Anna.

To be honest, I didn't mind Michelle not saying much to Anna while she was in labor.  I gave birth to 2 children with no anesthesia or pain medication, and it was excruciating.  It was the worst pain I've ever experienced.  I wanted my husband at my side, but to hear him speak or tell me "Just breathe," "You're doing great," etc., I wanted to strangle him.  I am the type of person who didn't want to hear that.  Maybe Michelle is the same way and assumed that Anna didn't want to either.  Michelle had been there, done that umpteen times.  Childbirth is like getting eyebrows waxed for Michelle at this point. 

• Love 5

I have baby girl Dilly's name: Catherine Mary Dillard...for Derick's mother who will be a true grandmother to that child and for Mary Duggar for all that laundry of Jill's that she washed and for the real love from a grandmother that Jill has experienced. Of course, if it's a girl...

• Love 2

To be honest, I didn't mind Michelle not saying much to Anna while she was in labor.  I gave birth to 2 children with no anesthesia or pain medication, and it was excruciating.  It was the worst pain I've ever experienced.  I wanted my husband at my side, but to hear him speak or tell me "Just breathe," "You're doing great," etc., I wanted to strangle him.  I am the type of person who didn't want to hear that.  Maybe Michelle is the same way and assumed that Anna didn't want to either.  Michelle had been there, done that umpteen times.  Childbirth is like getting eyebrows waxed for Michelle at this point. 

I'm like that too. I've never given birth, but when I'm sick or in pain, I just want to be left alone. If I was in the delivery room surrounded by people trying to prop me up with inane phrases, I'd probably punch somebody. 

Regarding Jill's baby bump, she's always worn smock-style tops and multiple layers, so maybe that's what's accounting for her showing more than we would expect her to at this point.

I'm like that too. I've never given birth, but when I'm sick or in pain, I just want to be left alone. If I was in the delivery room surrounded by people trying to prop me up with inane phrases, I'd probably punch somebody. 

Regarding Jill's baby bump, she's always worn smock-style tops and multiple layers, so maybe that's what's accounting for her showing more than we would expect her to at this point.

Same here, I like having someone nearby and knowing they care but I don't like them saying much if anything at all. I don't have kids but I've always said if I did/do (unlikely at this point) I'd want practically no one there other than doctors. I hope Jill gets some kind of say in it, and feels like she can speak up for what she wants.

As far as her showing I agree. I think people sometimes "try" to show before there's any way they're actually showing. Her outfits make the skinniest non pregnant girl look pregnant, so I think she's just emphasizing it. I actually find it kind of cute... she's so excited that she's wearing maternity clothes when she's very early in her pregnancy, they're already writing bible verses out many months ahead of time, etc. Now I hope we don't see it 19+ more times... but for now I think it's cute.

• Love 1

I think it was with my 2nd kid the nurse's face was up in my face while I was pushing. My husband told me later that he was afraid I was getting annoyed with her. It was farther from the truth. It barely registered that she was in my face. It was actually comforting having her there. On the other hand, while in labor another time, my husband said I was so brave. I wasn't too happy about that. What kind of encouragement is that? Like I had a choice at the moment to walk away from it?

Anna looked completely out of it and oblivious to everything. Her experience sure didn't convince me of ever having a home birth.

Edited by TobyBelle

With both labors I sent my husband home, told him to nap or get something to eat. No reason for him to be starved, exhausted and for the routine to quit functioning just because I had to shut down! :) Now of course, not all women are like that, but I wouldn't make any judgements on any couple's birth plans. That said, I do think Anna was given poor medical advice about her second pregnancy, and her help was in over their heads. That wasn't an easy birth like McKynzie's and they should have noticed that.

• Love 2

I can't imagine Jill doing anything but having a home birth. She'd lose all credibility for her midwifery training if she did that. 

Also, she's three months along, and that's barely a bump. Not strange or huge for 3 months. Some people are flat at that stage, but Jill isn't. She isn't skinny/scrawny, and she is trying her hardest to look pregnant (already wearing maternity clothes, scrunching forward, holding her stomach, etc). I think we have more of a Prego Nut than Michelle with this one.

• Love 7

New pictures of Jill's baby bump. Wow that is one BIG belly. I am still saying twins maybe triplets.

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-dillard-pregnant-baby-bump-photos?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

I think she's intentionally standing with her back arched to, um, accentuate the bump. That said, I was definitely showing by 15 weeks with my first. How tall is she? I'm fairly short, and I think that's why I showed so early.

• Love 1

My prego twin belly was that big too at 5 months. No way is she just having one. I feel bad for her since she is such a twig. I was too and those babies just about almost killed me as they sat on my organs. 

I know a handful of women who have actually paid more to birth at home then they would have to do a hospital birth because insurance would cover the hospital but not a homebirth. I'm a hospital with an epidural girl all the way, but I don't think most of these women are uneducated in their decision making - most are making an intentional decision to birth at home, often because they see birth as a normal human process that has often been over-medicalized. And the vast majority of home birth midwives know when they're in over their head and when to transfer to a hospital. There are a lot of things the Duggars get wrong, but I don't think this is one of them.

Edited by alt0233
  • Love 3

My prego twin belly was that big too at 5 months. No way is she just having one. I feel bad for her since she is such a twig. I was too and those babies just about almost killed me as they sat on my organs. 

Jill is no twig IMO. She has a thin face, but girl has some wide hips, which are perfect for a whole lot of birthin' babies. Actually none of them, except maybe Jessa are thin to me. None are fat or even thick (maybe Joy, but it's hard to tell at that age), they're just all pretty normal, average sized. 

There's no reason that we are aware that Jill should have a home birth, and she will likely have an excellent midwife at her side. Anna had that for her first birth, which went quite smoothly, and her third, which was long, but not problematic. It was only the second, when it was clear that Anna really did not have anyone with medical authority there to say, "we need to move this to a hospital" that Michael's birth got a bit out of hand.

There's nothing wrong per se with a home birth, and we know that they will seek medical help when they actually have qualified help on site. If Jill has that, I think she should at least try to have the birth she wants.

• Love 2

I just looked up my pregnancy pictures when I was pregnant with my first. I had a picture of myself at 16 weeks and I look totally normal, you can't even tell I'm pregnant. It's not until my 21 weeks picture that I am in maternity wear, and even then, if I just had a baggy sweater on you'd still have to look twice to notice any baby bump.

One can just hope that Jill feels as ridiculous as she looks showing off her bump at this stage. Milk it, girl!

Jill & Derick just gave a pregnancy update on TLC. They said they have a lot of evidence/things that make them think they're having a girl but they don't know the sex yet. Then they say "stay tuned to TLC for a big announcement on October 21st".

I'm betting because of her "showing" that they think or know they are having twins. I can't think of what else would be a "big" announcement. Unless God help us, Michelle is expecting too.

• Love 2

The biggest issue with twins is both being head down. Some midwives really have a gift with turning babies. If her midwife is one, and the babies' heartbeats are strong, her blood pressure stays steady and she's willing to cope with a long labor and possibility of tearing (should the baby come feet/bottom first or be facing behind) and trust the midwife to do the suturing, the risk is not Exponentially greater. But a GOOD midwife would do a check for diabetes for twins and would use at least some sonogram checks since it's easier to miss things by feel when there are two.

(I'm not a midwife, but I wrote a book on the subject.)

I just looked up my pregnancy pictures when I was pregnant with my first. I had a picture of myself at 16 weeks and I look totally normal, you can't even tell I'm pregnant. It's not until my 21 weeks picture that I am in maternity wear, and even then, if I just had a baggy sweater on you'd still have to look twice to notice any baby bump.

One can just hope that Jill feels as ridiculous as she looks showing off her bump at this stage. Milk it, girl!

I agree.  With my first child people didn't even know I was pregnant until I was past 5 months and  I was a size 6 when I got pregnant. When I was about to deliver, my husbands grandmother did not believe me. I had a baby that was 9 pounds 8 ounces.  Even if she was pregnant with twins, you don't show that much more at this stage.  I agree that she is poking that tummy out and milking that crap.  

NOW- take a look at Anna in the race episode.  I'm hoping it's not true...

• Love 1